[Discussion] Tumbling

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Mitsu-chan

Post by Mitsu-chan » Jun 4th, '10, 18:27

After reading all 15 pages of this topic I thought I should at least write something or I would feel useless xD
Well I agree with pretty much everything I read 'till now so there isn't much left to say, exept for the fact that I wasn't so sure to watch this drama or not.
I'm happy that I did, the story is great and the actors did a good job too. Specially Tomo. I first saw Yanagishita some time ago and I didn't particulary like his work for that drama, though it was an old one (2006-7, I think Oo) but i'm happy to see he improved so much.
Anyway it's not a Tomo topic xD
I'm looking forward to see how Hino will be in the next episode, it's great he was finally able to join them (His expression at the end of ep 4 made me want to hug him ç_ç) but that aside it will be fun to see what Wataru will do about Mari-chan's admiration for him xD
I don't like the new uniforms either, white was better in my opinion I'll just have to get used to it. (before watching that episode I still had the image of Seto wearing a maid dress, then I find him holding hands with a group of fine looking boys dressed in pink. It was kind of scary for a moment Oo)

Aaah I really had a lot of things to say about Tumbling now it seems I can't get to write anything.
Well for a first it's ok like this i hope.
Oh yeah, I have something I wanted to ask ... ehm what does SUKEBE mean? While reading the topics I thought it might be something like "ikemen"?No? I don't know help xD
Bye^^

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Jun 4th, '10, 21:12

Mitsu-chan, welcome. Congratulations on joining the thread and reading all 15 pages. I apologize that half of it was actually just lewd ramblings of oba-chans. That's what sukebe means. Perverted stuff...:)

Ahh... I wanna marry Manazashi from Honey L Days. At first I was disappointed that AAA didn't provide a song for Tumbling, but Manazashi is so nice. AAA's music wouldn't really work here so it's ok that they didn't provide the music (or EXILE). Manazashi really fits the drama and the lyrics are beautiful. I'm addicted to it right now. Even though I think the OST is just soso...I generally like the music they use, but sometimes less is more and the producers of Tumbling obviously don't think so and have that overly dramatic orchestra piece playing at full blast too often, imho.

unguanime

Post by unguanime » Jun 5th, '10, 00:04

Hello, Mitsu-chan!
Seto in maid dress XD Reminds me of Atashinchi no Danshi.

I agree with MaiKitty that AAA's music won't work as Tumbling. Though I'm a fan of AAA (I became a fan because I felll in love with Hino from the first episode and fell in love with Nishi and then to the whole group XD).

lullabye

Post by lullabye » Jun 5th, '10, 02:00

MaiKitty wrote:Mitsu-chan, welcome. Congratulations on joining the thread and reading all 15 pages. I apologize that half of it was actually just lewd ramblings of oba-chans. That's what sukebe means. Perverted stuff...:)
Lewd? Why, I never! Well, I hardly. OK, sometimes. Alright, mostly.
Ahh... I wanna marry Manazashi from Honey L Days. At first I was disappointed that AAA didn't provide a song for Tumbling, but Manazashi is so nice. AAA's music wouldn't really work here so it's ok that they didn't provide the music (or EXILE). Manazashi really fits the drama and the lyrics are beautiful. I'm addicted to it right now. Even though I think the OST is just soso...I generally like the music they use, but sometimes less is more and the producers of Tumbling obviously don't think so and have that overly dramatic orchestra piece playing at full blast too often, imho.
Oh, so it's not just me who has to listen over and over again to the dramatic scenes because she can't make out the words over the music. I thought it was just the curse of becoming an oba-chan.

Yes, Manazashi is really nice. Really sticks in the ear, too. [/quote]

Zwitsch

Post by Zwitsch » Jun 5th, '10, 06:55

@lullabye:
Oh, it's obachan now, is it?

But I don't mind what anyone calls me, as long as it isn't "the deceased."
WOW! I hope you haven´t made that experience!? That would be very, very mean... Obachan is nice and is also perfect for me! :mrgreen:

I guess you are right concerning Tsuchiya high pitched voice... But does someone really speaks out of breath because of it? Well, I´m not good with functioning of the body...
Tomiura Satoshi is soooooooooooooo young!!! :pale:
Why do you think it wouldn´t be good for his career? Are high pitched voices popular? :goggle: Actually, if he plays in a bl dorama... :wub:
BUT maybe I just haven´t understand your sentence...

shigoto, shigoto...

Ah, Mitsu-chan! A warm welcome for you even from me! Although I´m not one of the discussion pusher here!
Ehhh...can I use pushe in that caser? It sounds a bit strange...

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Jun 5th, '10, 11:06

Obviously everyone is watching Tumbling on Keyhole now, it tells me that they are too many users, so I cannot watch. ;_; I'm glad it's popular but I was so looking forward to this. *sniff*

lullabye

Post by lullabye » Jun 5th, '10, 11:50

MaiKitty wrote:Obviously everyone is watching Tumbling on Keyhole now, it tells me that they are too many users, so I cannot watch. ;_; I'm glad it's popular but I was so looking forward to this. *sniff*
I haven't been able to get the stream today either. No stream at all for any channel. Waaaaah! I will have to wait until someone uploads. I wonder what happened to Keyhole and the other streams?

lullabye

Post by lullabye » Jun 5th, '10, 12:06

Zwitsch wrote:@lullabye:
Oh, it's obachan now, is it?

But I don't mind what anyone calls me, as long as it isn't "the deceased."
WOW! I hope you haven´t made that experience!? That would be very, very mean... Obachan is nice and is also perfect for me! :mrgreen:
I seriously don't mind. I was teasing.
I guess you are right concerning Tsuchiya high pitched voice... But does someone really speaks out of breath because of it? Well, I´m not good with functioning of the body...
Tomiura Satoshi is soooooooooooooo young!!! :pale:
Why do you think it wouldn´t be good for his career? Are high pitched voices popular? :goggle: Actually, if he plays in a bl dorama... :wub:
BUT maybe I just haven´t understand your sentence...
He seems to have carved a niche for himself as the guy with the squeaky voice. Maybe having a squeaky voice is important to getting hired? Sometimes, actors get jobs because their voice is unusual.
Ah, Mitsu-chan! A warm welcome for you even from me! Although I´m not one of the discussion pusher here!
Ehhh...can I use pushe in that caser? It sounds a bit strange...
Push-ee? One who is pushed?

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Jun 5th, '10, 12:41

lullabye wrote:
MaiKitty wrote:Obviously everyone is watching Tumbling on Keyhole now, it tells me that they are too many users, so I cannot watch. ;_; I'm glad it's popular but I was so looking forward to this. *sniff*
I haven't been able to get the stream today either. No stream at all for any channel. Waaaaah! I will have to wait until someone uploads. I wonder what happened to Keyhole and the other streams?
For me the other channels were ok, only TBS was unavailable. I had that before, for shows on Fridays for example, and it's always TBS that's gone. Popular channel. But it never happened on a Saturday before. If there are over 2000 people logged in the channel is gone. ;_; *grr* I wanted to see naked Hino..... :cry:
Have you noticed that Mizusawa & Kiyama are pretty close this time around? :whistling:

Zwitsch

Post by Zwitsch » Jun 5th, '10, 13:20

Hm....well, well... I could act mean and say: Yeah, MaiKitty and lullabye have to wait like the rest of us! :cheers:
But I´m not mean AND actually I had hoped I would hear some new spoiler! :cry:
Wahhh...

Naked Hino?!? Have I missed a certain point here? :pale:
Maybe I should re-read the last posts here...

Zwitsch

Post by Zwitsch » Jun 5th, '10, 13:22

@MaiKitty: THAT PICTURE!?!?! Where does it come from!?!? :goggle:
It wasn´t a scene in the last episode, wasn´t it? Epsiode 8?
Well, I´m FLASHED!!!!! :w00t:
Last edited by Zwitsch on Jun 5th, '10, 13:26, edited 1 time in total.

Zwitsch

Post by Zwitsch » Jun 5th, '10, 13:26

dghjkhs
Could it be that Kiyama and Mizusawa sitting next to each other? Wuaaaah... :wub: Sorry, I´m just a fan of that "couple"...

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Jun 5th, '10, 13:27

Well, they are all naked in the bath, so now that Hino joined he is naked, too. You can also watch over keyhole - it's not a privilege that lullabye and me have. Just install the programme.

Yes, it's from episode 8. :)

lullabye

Post by lullabye » Jun 5th, '10, 13:33

MaiKitty wrote:
Oh my, but everyone else is quite interested in that daisy chain.

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Jun 5th, '10, 13:42

I want to be a staff member when they film these scenes. There is nowhere to hide, you cannot be embarrassed or shy! And if you are gay you have to keep your hormones under control as well....

lullabye

Post by lullabye » Jun 5th, '10, 13:47

Zwitsch wrote:Hm....well, well... I could act mean and say: Yeah, MaiKitty and lullabye have to wait like the rest of us! :cheers:
But I´m not mean AND actually I had hoped I would hear some new spoiler! :cry:
Wahhh...

Naked Hino?!? Have I missed a certain point here? :pale:
Maybe I should re-read the last posts here...
Anyone can do Keyhole, assuming it works. grumblegrumblegrumble

And the other livestreaming services are generally on a "just ask" basis.

I was shocked that absolutely none of the streams I have links to would access TBS. But I took a look at the Japanese blogs and 4-chan, and judging from the number of posts on ep 8, I guess our supposedly unloved unwatched low-rated show had one or two viewers after all.*

So, I guess I will just have to wait for the evil stream sites which shall not be named, if I am going to watch today.

*(Erm, that's understatement for effect, in case that isn't obvious.)

Mitsu-chan

Post by Mitsu-chan » Jun 5th, '10, 14:25

Thanks for the welcome everyone.
And thanks MaiKitty for the meaning of sukebe. Plus, it was fun reading that discussion xD

I'll have to join the new "manazashi fan club". It was a mistake for me to look for it on yt now I have some trouble getting it out of my head. Though I noticed that other than the theme song Manazashi I like all the music they used for this drama. Especially the one they use for the performance. It's relaxing :blink [/spoiler]

lullabye

Post by lullabye » Jun 5th, '10, 16:38

Aha! It was choppy and there were lots of pauses, but by the power of pandora, I am now caught up!

After this episode, there can be no doubt that Yuta is the most awesome choreographer in the history of the fiction world, and Karako the most phenomenal athletes ever. 'Cause,
that was some clean up after Evil Coach's routine. Weren't they tumbling with all the members, though? That is truly a "special" since they can only have six for the competition.
Akabane is back to cause trouble. Things look harsh for our intrepid heroes in ep 9.

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Jun 6th, '10, 20:11

^are you sure this was all Yutas doing? It seemed to me that they all worked on the Sensei-special with help from Shoko-sensei.
Really enjoyed episode 8. Though that running away thing & resigning...*sigh* it was very j-drama-like. I mean I could almost predict everything before it happened in that episode and this is never good. I hope there will be more surprises in the next episodes with Akabane coming back (where did he go anyway? He is still in the same class with Watarutachi right? )

Loved Mari-chan in this episode. How she realized that Sensei was lonely and talked to Wataru about it...that was really sweet. and I'm now rooting for both of the Senseis to hook up! Cute couple. The Girls Gymnastics Team now really seemed concerned for the boys...nice!

Bath scenes are getting better and better. So funny when Sato Jiros character suddenly appeared. And Mizusawa was sitting practically in Kiyamas lap!!! :)

I liked the first scene where Wataru acted cool and just gave those yankees the cold shoulder, same with Kiyama. How the others didn't blame Watarutachi for their Yankee past, when they were apologizing...sweet. Cute Mama & Wataru scene with the money, the little figurines are also nice (with the hair..haha) and that Routine for Sensei in the End...so beautiful and all of them minus Satoshi were involved and I have a weakness for beautiful boys with bruises. :D

lullabye

Post by lullabye » Jun 6th, '10, 21:51

MaiKitty wrote:^are you sure this was all Yutas doing? It seemed to me that they all worked on the Sensei-special with help from Shoko-sensei.
I figure the choreography was all Yuta, even if individual moves were developed by each member. Someone has to put it all together, and that's always been Yuta before.
Really enjoyed episode 8. Though that running away thing & resigning...*sigh* it was very j-drama-like. I mean I could almost predict everything before it happened in that episode and this is never good. I hope there will be more surprises in the next episodes with Akabane coming back (where did he go anyway? He is still in the same class with Watarutachi right? )
I suppose it would be asking too much for a j-drama to not be j-drama-like. I'm OK with it. One of the things I count on is that there are certain conventions that will almost certainly get called into play. This is what makes the j-drama drinking game so much fun.

I guess Akabane got sent to reform school for a bit? Nice to see that a change of clothes doesn't seem to have changed his vile little heart.
Loved Mari-chan in this episode. How she realized that Sensei was lonely and talked to Wataru about it...that was really sweet. and I'm now rooting for both of the Senseis to hook up! Cute couple. The Girls Gymnastics Team now really seemed concerned for the boys...nice!

Bath scenes are getting better and better. So funny when Sato Jiros character suddenly appeared. And Mizusawa was sitting practically in Kiyamas lap!!! :)
If the coaches don't hook up, I'll be surprised. And if Mizusawa and Kiyama do hook up, I will be shocked. Pleased, but shocked. Oh, let there be kissy face with M and K!

vspirit

Post by vspirit » Jun 7th, '10, 03:27

R.I.P. Tetsuya "I'm prickly and beautiful and know it" Hino
Hello thar Tetsuya "I dunno what's going on with me anymore but who cares I'm one of the guys now" Hino

Sayonara, Hino's twin rings.

=((

My reaction as Hino's character slowly breaks apart in 8:

Huh? What's with that sh*teating grin?--->AAAAARGH! What are you doing in there!!?--->...your eyeballs are gonna fall outta their sockets dude...--->Auuuugh...nonononono...

Guess I'll have to watch the rest of the eps minus the bit of seriousness I used to have for it, haha.

<=(

Oh well xxD

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Jun 7th, '10, 07:21

Aw, come on. I don't think you have to see it in that negative way. It was kind of clear that it would happen sooner or later. You cannot be in a team and still act like you're better as the rest if you want them to like you, and so that's what Hino has to become, a team-mate. And I still don't think it's OOC, because I still get a different vibe from him than from the others, he still plays in a different league. I think that "I dunno what's going on with me but who cares I want to be one of the guys" - Hino was there from episode one. That confused look. He also got it from episode 1. When he watched the others train, when he looked at them at the end longingly in episode 4 and when he was mentioned in Mizusawas letter, these are just a few examples. He wanted to be with them - you could see that he was just acting tough. It probably wouldn't have hurt to have him fight it a little bit more, make his episode (7) completely his own and not also Wataru + dad & Hino + dad, but they are rushing it as it is....*sigh*

I know you're disappointed, but for me Hino is also that confused, smiling boy. I like that he warmed up, and Nishi is probably happy as hell. Hino is not a bad guy and I'm happy that he was able to be with the others, it's the character development that I want to see.

What is basically a little problematic with Tumbling for me is the fact that they address issues, make them interesting, look at a character more closely and then, after that respective episode is over, it is completely ignored. :unsure:

But this is drama, not real-life.

vspirit

Post by vspirit » Jun 7th, '10, 10:37

Hmm...it's not him being one of the guys that I have a problem with. It's actually pretty hard to explain what I'm thinking and I don't want to bother everyone with it so I think I'll just leave it at that. It'll be with a different mindset from now on, but I'll finish watching this nevertheless.

On a brighter note, Nippori's full of win!

P@permoon

Post by P@permoon » Jun 7th, '10, 12:42

@ vspirit, just try to explain what you want to say? :-)

vspirit

Post by vspirit » Jun 7th, '10, 12:56

lol. you sure? cos i don't want to bring everyone's mood down with my complaining. how bout i just sum it up?
i'm all right with the show overall, i guess, since i'm fully aware of the kind of show it is right from the get-go. it's just that despite that, there were a few spots here and there that had potential to be something better but at the end of the day, it just wasn't realized, which is a huge waste. i reckon that's part of the reason why the viewership isn't as good as they had initially hoped. but i suppose it's just one of those things that happens a lot. *shrug* i only feel sorry for the actors and staff who worked so hard, still are working very hard, especially the actors who have to train day and night for this, to bring this together but not a lot can be done if the writers are subpar.

lullabye

Post by lullabye » Jun 7th, '10, 20:56

Hino in ep 8
was just fine, in my opinion. I really liked the way he revealed he was wearing the T-shirt. Though I suppose that having Mizusawa and Kiyama so close to each other in the tub makes me forgive anything, I really don't have any complaints, and have enjoyed the characterization and its consistency in this series quite a bit.

Zwitsch

Post by Zwitsch » Jun 8th, '10, 06:47

@MaiKitty and lullabye:
Thanks for the information about that Keyhole thing - maybe I should try it...

Ahhhh, and I want to watch episode 8 but I have to wait till I come back from work!
Well, and after reading your posts I seriously consider skipping work! :roll
I want to see some certain half-naked body!!!! AND the close DISTANT between some certain ones...
And yes, it would be shocking if Kiyama and Mizusawa would hook up but that would´t happen - unfortunately!!! Sorry, my other ego is speaking... :wub:

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Jun 8th, '10, 07:37

^
It's not like they're in deep embrace or something, so I hope you won't be disappointed. There was some casual skin-contact I suppose, but that's it. And I agree that nothing will happen in that matter. Isn't the Kiyama character in a stage play that takes place years after Tumbling? I doubt he lives a happy married life with Mizusawa there.
And what kind of work do you do that you can skip so easily? :D Just be patient!

unguanime

Post by unguanime » Jun 8th, '10, 22:00

Finally watched episode 8! I'm so grateful that someone post it in d-addicts quickly this time. Been trying dramacrazy but megavideo just doesn't work with me.

About Mizusawa x Kiyama
Someone in livejournal translated an interview of Daito, Yusuke, Seto and Shouhei. They were asked to imagine the casts as a family. All of them, including Daito himself, said that Daito should be the father. That's because he has the impression to stay calm. Daito's reason for choosing himself is because he is the oldest.

Guess who's the mother? It's Tomo! Yusuke and Seto choose Tomo as the mother because he has a firm personality. Daito didn't choose anyone as the mother, he said Tomo should be the second son. Shouhei said Tomo should be the singing guy from the neighborhood because he sings a lot 9 (I didn't know that).

About Hino
Hino changed, for sure. He smiles a bit and shows that he wants to be in the team (by joining the discussion, etc). But he is still the same. Like the way he teach Kiyama and Nippori. LOL. I love that scene.
Bathtub scene
Oh my, Mizusawa and Kiyama so close! I think MaiKitty is right, Tumbling highlights a certain problem in every episode but the problems seem to not effecting anything.
So I think Misuzawa and Kiyama should not be set that close, unless they are going to end up together.

I love that Hino joined the bathtub routine! XD He's so cute~ And that guy who has a crush on Wataru's mom. LOL. I can't remember his name (sorry)
What did Kiyama said when Wataru, Kiyama, Ryousuke, and Nippori coming to the dance club? I guess it's supposed to be funny judging from Ryousuke's and Nippori's face, but I just can't understand that line.
Last edited by unguanime on Jun 8th, '10, 22:28, edited 2 times in total.

unguanime

Post by unguanime » Jun 8th, '10, 22:13

About ep8 being cliche
That's a pity but we get to see touching moments of our lovely characters. I'm satisfied with that.
How Kashiwagi gather up the materials. And when Wataru's mom help him with the money. And the best part is the tumbling scene at the end! It was awesome! Too bad they can't perform all together in the competition. I want to see them all do tumbling together again!
I think the problem with Tumbling, beside what MaiKitty has stated, is that there are too much character and too few episodes. I think jdrama is great because of its number of episodes are small. Dramas in my country lasts for hundreds of episodes. But now I regret it because I want to see them in slower pace, let their character and story develop nicely. *sigh*

Now I want to read the novel. Aaaaaaahhhhh......

[/spoiler]

unguanime

Post by unguanime » Jun 8th, '10, 22:22

Hey, I just knew that Tomo and Shouhei just celebrated their birthday on June 3rd. They had the same birthday :D
Shouhei said in the JUNON interview that Tomo should be his twin because they share the same birthday but he finally chooses him as the singing guy from the neighborhood. If they were twin that would be cute since their personality is very different :D

Sorry for posting so many in a short time. Thoughts just overflowing after I watched episode 8. And the exam is over so I'm releasing the urge to share my thoughts :)

mavi

Post by mavi » Jun 8th, '10, 22:51

DramaCrazy released episodes 4-7 subbed yesterday. They have streams + download links.

unguanime

Post by unguanime » Jun 9th, '10, 01:31

Downloads are already up? Awesome!! Now I can share it with my friends!
Thanks mavi!

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Jun 9th, '10, 12:23

unguanime wrote: Sorry for posting so many in a short time. Thoughts just overflowing after I watched episode 8. And the exam is over so I'm releasing the urge to share my thoughts :)
That's ok, though you could also just edit your last post to avoid double/triple postings.

After seeing that report ( http://www.tbs.co.jp/tumbling/report/report_47.html ) I take back everything about wanting to be staff during the bath scenes. Looks like tough work in a very small space. I wouldn't be able to have dirty thoughts in that environment. And are they eating ice cream in the bath? :blink

shigechan

Post by shigechan » Jun 9th, '10, 13:12

(Deleted)
Last edited by shigechan on Jun 11th, '10, 04:04, edited 3 times in total.

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Jun 9th, '10, 13:20

Cool, thanks shigechan.

Zwitsch

Post by Zwitsch » Jun 9th, '10, 13:31

Does anyone know if Girigiri has dropped Tumbling? No, or? I mean I couldn´t find any notification concerning that...
I guess we have to wait or use the mentioned alternative...

@MaiKitty: Of course I can´t skip work that easily! I´m not a student anymore... :cry: But sometimes I wish I still were a tiny little student with a lot of freetime - I´m joking!
Btw, thanks for the link! Unfortunately I´m not able to read the blog cause I´m still a beginner concerning reading kanji, hira- and katagana but I was delighted with the pictures!!! Yeah!
Now I´m flashed while eating pasta...

I still haven´t watched the full episode 8 but up till now I really like it so far and of course it´s a typical j-dorama episode.
Anyway, I hope Hino will still act arrogant now and then - I miss it!
:cry:

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Jun 9th, '10, 13:47

^They didn't drop it. I just think their priority is Kaibutsu-kun, since I think they work pretty closely with StormySubs and generally the Arashi doramas are subbed pretty fast. I'm thankful that they sub it at all and to be honest I prefer GiriGiri over the other subs you get from different sources, their understanding of japanese is good. We already have 2 episodes which is pretty nice if you think about other drama airing this season, like Yankee-kun to Megane-chan, for example. There are no softsubbers for that drama and TimelessSub haven't released it yet. I'm always willing to wait for better quality subs, so I don't really care if they are slow, when I know that in the case of GiriGiri and TimelessSub the quality is very good. You can always watch at dramacrazy with subs if you don't mind them.

kigatsuyoi

Post by kigatsuyoi » Jun 9th, '10, 15:50

Hello everyone ^_^. I love reading your discussion and analysis.
For some reason, episode 7 seemed to be my favorite.
But one thing is still bothering me.
Is anyone still wondering why?? and who?? attacked Kiyama and Nippori?
Btw I love Shige-san’s moments. He is so silly/funny.
About Hino ..( isn't he just so popular in this forum :D )
I know this kind of character. I had direct experience with one..lol…
I think he was arrogant, mean and selfish before because among other things he had a goal and he was focused only on achieving this goal even if he had to crush his own team mates to reach it. Hence, the fight for his time on the mat. But after he won his individual competition, he seems to be more relaxed and free to let his emotion out and help his teammates. So, I am comfortable with the change in his character. I mean who would have imagined Hino working so hard trying/struggling 8) to train Kiyama and Nippori..lol..
I wish tumbling would extend to 13 episodes instead of 11 because
1-as everyone mentioned there are many characters and 2-I feel there is ample space for more character development.

vspirit

Post by vspirit » Jun 9th, '10, 16:15

kigatsuyoi wrote:But one thing is still bothering me.
that's either akabane's doing or plain ol' deus ex machina, which this show has an obvious abundance of. and i'm still wondering if that yakuza boss from ep 2 serves a bigger purpose.
Last edited by vspirit on Jun 9th, '10, 16:18, edited 1 time in total.

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Jun 9th, '10, 16:17

kigatsuyoi wrote:Hello everyone ^_^. I love reading your discussion and analysis.
For some reason, episode 7 seemed to be my favorite.
But one thing is still bothering me.
Btw I love Shige-san’s moments. He is so silly/funny.
About Hino ..( isn't he just so popular in this forum :D )
I know this kind of character. I had direct experience with one..lol…
I think he was arrogant, mean and selfish before because among other things he had a goal and he was focused only on achieving this goal even if he had to crush his own team mates to reach it. Hence, the fight for his time on the mat. But after he won his individual competition, he seems to be more relaxed and free to let his emotion out and help his teammates. So, I am comfortable with the change in his character. I mean who would have imagined Hino working so hard trying/struggling 8) to train Kiyama and Nippori..lol..
I wish tumbling would extend to 13 episodes instead of 11 because
1-as everyone mentioned there are many characters and 2-I feel there is ample space for more character development.
Hey, welcome!!
Kiyama and Nippori needed to be out of the way so that Hino could join. There is no deeper meaning behind it, they just got beaten up by the huge criminal population of Tumbling-Town.
Haha, vspirit that was good timing. :)

Favourite episodes for me are probably 4, 5 and 7 so far.

kigatsuyoi

Post by kigatsuyoi » Jun 10th, '10, 23:09

vspirit wrote:
that's either akabane's doing or plain ol' deus ex machina, which this show has an obvious abundance of. and i'm still wondering if that yakuza boss from ep 2 serves a bigger purpose.
I guess those are possible explanations, but in my mind I still feel that scene was so random :blink
About the yakuza boss..
he did say "see you around" or something like that to Wataru.. I had thought that he would show up in later episodes, but now I am starting to doubt that. Before, I had came up with this crazy idea that maybe the yakzua boss was either Wataru's father, or related to his mother somehow?brother?? that would make him Wataru's Uncle. After all, Wataru's mom seems to be strong ..(episode 1 yakuza vs. mom scene..lol..) But right now I am banking on him having no relation at all with Azuma.
@MaiKitty
ep 4 was one of my favorites as well. I have to admit I had watched it more than twice :-)

kiarill

Post by kiarill » Jun 11th, '10, 11:05

GUYS! I AM SO BEHIND!!! I just watched episode 4 and I really really needed to get this off my chest. D8

Is it wrong for me to ship Akiyama with both little heart problem manager and his dead best friend's mother? *torn* I don't even know how the mother one came, sheesh this gangster has chemistry with anything that moves. ohmygoshohmygosh I need to spazz with someone over this drama.

little heart problem manager (I can't remember his name at this point in time) did say "I'll always really like you!" right? [Don't harass me over the I/We/Pronoun ambiguity of Japanese right now, I'll take it as canon hah!] Please note that I watch without subs because I'm impatient and I'm pretending this is a great opportunity to practice my Japanese (which isn't great at all).

I LOVE THIS DRAMA it even captures my goldfish attention span throughout the no-commercial-50-full-long-minutes.[/b]

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Jun 11th, '10, 11:26

^His name is Kiyama. :) (And the little manager is conveniently called Satoshi in RL and the drama)

To what you said: Watch episode 5, then comment again. Honestly. Watch it NOW.

kiarill

Post by kiarill » Jun 11th, '10, 13:16

To what of what I said? Ahhhhh!! Does that mean Kiyama (my apologies) does end up either a)taking care of Takashi's momma and bonding over their shared loss or b)engaging in shippy piggybacking of Satoshi (my sincerest apologies again I blame the goldfish brain) whenever he so happens to heart palpitate? Or even better both!? 8D You give me shiny eyes *_*

I'm going to have to watch ep 5 right now. You made me do it! >:

Edit: I just remembered the little foreshadowing preview of Mizusawa and his hidden Kiyama photo. OhOhOhOh So exciting!

kiarill

Post by kiarill » Jun 11th, '10, 13:42

Oh shi I just died. Why'd you make me watch ep 5? How am I gonna get through this.

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Jun 11th, '10, 14:01

^It's going to be even harder because after each episode they act like the previous one didn't happen. But you get nice Bath Scenes. You'll probably like the Bath Scene in 8. Just read the previous pages in this thread. We all had our share of dirty thoughts already, so you don't have to feel bad in the slightest.

vspirit

Post by vspirit » Jun 11th, '10, 14:47

*perks @ the word dirty*

speaking of which, anyone watched shabekuri 007? a lot of tumbling fans were very shocked that their ice queen Hino turned out to be like...yanno.

deen deen, buran buran buran~~~xxD

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Jun 11th, '10, 14:55

Yes, that was hilarious. I especially liked Chiaki insulting his size and her giggling while he was pretending to wave his goods around. :D

And why does Shuta look smaller every single time? How tiny is that guy?

that was OT. Sorry....mmmh, Tumbling, yes, just a few hours until episode 9, I hope keyhole works this time.

vspirit

Post by vspirit » Jun 11th, '10, 14:59

here's a neat perf of manazashi from tonight's msta

oot: about shuty, i think he's a few centimeters shorter than the 170cm bunch...

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Jun 11th, '10, 15:22

At Livejournal they say that 9 will be the last one (tomorrow's episode). I don't think that's possible? Tomorrow is the Kaneko episode and not the one of the Kantou Meet. There have to be at least 10, right? I'm totally confused now. (And shocked, to be honest. It cannot be over now, no, no, no *denial* what should I do without Tumbling? *wailsindespair*)

vspirit

Post by vspirit » Jun 11th, '10, 15:37

*scratch head* really? this is the first i've heard of this. they didn't say anything of the sort on 2ch or the official site. in fact, they've just finished putting ep 9 together at around 5 this morning and the shooting for the very last scene was wrapped up at around 9 in the morn today. that and they have a few scenes more before they wrap everything up so 9 definitely isn't the last, considering it's airing tmrw. 10 might be more probable...though 11 eps is the last i heard.

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Jun 11th, '10, 15:45

If it is true, that would really suck. I don't know where they got this information but they seem to be quite sure. I'd rather believe you, vspirit. The whole show is too short anyway, but stopping after 9 episodes....no I just think that is too much, and it's not like the rating is that low. Yep, low, but I think it's ok for a show that is certainly not everybodys cup of tea and doesn't have huge stars.

kiarill

Post by kiarill » Jun 11th, '10, 16:02

OH Serious? If it's not gonna stop at 9 that would be a HUGE relief.

They're not huge stars but I thought they were decently popular. Or maybe I'm just misled by international fans. :/

vspirit

Post by vspirit » Jun 11th, '10, 16:09

i'm very sure tmrw's not the last. they've been referring to the last ep on the official site as "the final episode" and episode 9 is only referred to as episode 9. and they're announcing it the way they've been announcing all previous episodes. i said 10 may be the last but they've been referring to ep 10 as just that, ep 10 as well. and so far, there's been no mention of ep 11, only the final episode so going by that logic, i'd say the final ep's the 11th one.

oh and i just recalled that the shooting for the final and biggest routine is scheduled for the 21st of this month (according to nishijima) so there's absolutely no way tomorrow's the last. you can rest easy on that one at least. =)

they've just wrapped up all scenes that are shot on location btw =) now they're focusing on the last few studio scenes as well as practice for the actual routine on the 21st. ganbare, minna~~

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Jun 11th, '10, 16:14

Ok, if they are definitely shooting on the 21st then the last one must air on 25th and that is episode 11. I mean they wouldn't shoot stuff and then not use it, right? That would be a waste of money, like I said I don't think it's been that much of a flop. I've seen worse ratings.

vspirit

Post by vspirit » Jun 11th, '10, 16:32

西島隆弘 wrote:最終回の演技シーンの撮影は21日!!!
so sayeth the dudette----------------looking dude on his latest blog entry a couple of nights back. so you can stop worrying lol.

can't wait to see this last routine cos the song and routine are gonna be totally different from all that we've seen so far. it's almost like it's a special performance just for the finale itself (or so says the chief producer Kato). *wakuwaku*
i'm still hoping that hino isn't gonna stop participating in the individual routine =( praying real hard, in fact, to see him do a final one. Him spinning those rings of his had been a real pleasure to watch. since he came in 1st in the prefectural meet, wouldn't that mean he automatically qualified for the kantou level one? and wouldn't that mean he'd have to do an individual routine anyways?????? cos that's all I have to bank my hopes on...
Last edited by vspirit on Jun 11th, '10, 17:05, edited 1 time in total.

kiarill

Post by kiarill » Jun 11th, '10, 16:56

Yay!!! *cries at being misled*

Thanks for the info man, I can't wait to see a totally new routine! The cast must be working their asses off practicing, kudos to them.

unguanime

Post by unguanime » Jun 11th, '10, 19:23

vspirit wrote: can't wait to see this last routine cos the song and routine are gonna be totally different from all that we've seen so far. it's almost like it's a special performance just for the finale itself (or so says the chief producer Kato). *wakuwaku*
i'm still hoping that hino isn't gonna stop participating in the individual routine =( praying real hard, in fact, to see him do a final one. Him spinning those rings of his had been a real pleasure to watch. since he came in 1st in the prefectural meet, wouldn't that mean he automatically qualified for the kantou level one? and wouldn't that mean he'd have to do an individual routine anyways?????? cos that's all I have to bank my hopes on...
Agree!

unguanime

Post by unguanime » Jun 11th, '10, 19:25

vspirit wrote:*perks @ the word dirty*

speaking of which, anyone watched shabekuri 007? a lot of tumbling fans were very shocked that their ice queen Hino turned out to be like...yanno.

deen deen, buran buran buran~~~xxD
Although I already knew about Nishi's personality I was a bit shocked when I watched that. Poor Misako and Chiaki.... XD

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Jun 12th, '10, 08:06

Keyhole doesn't list TBS for me today either. I'll try again in 3 hours when Tumbling airs. But I doubt it'll appear then. This sucks. :(

Ah forget what I wrote, it appeared. I hope it'll still be available in 3 hours. :)

There will definitely be another episode next week. I don't know what these guys at LJ were talking about, I don't need such shock-moments....*grrr* :crazy:

lullabye

Post by lullabye » Jun 12th, '10, 12:13

Ah, that was a good ep. It seemed like everyone is somehow getting more attention on their character. I look forward to being able to watch and listen again so I can figure out the dialogue. Or someone else watch and listen and then tell me. I've been very very busy this week and will be again next week. This is seriously cutting into my Tumbling obsession time.

Sooooo relieved that LJ was just spreading panic. I thought the crank-up was starting this week? And filming is usually mostly over two weeks before air? Which would mean, not much left to film in Tumbling but still being worked on.

I think the target demographics for Tumbling are tuning in, and the ratings slide stopped with ep 5. I think it will be back to 8, maybe more, before the end of the series. I could just be overly optimistic, but there is too much chatter about this show on 2chan for its popularity to be as limited as the official rankings give.

kiarill

Post by kiarill » Jun 12th, '10, 13:54

Oh! Tumbling's youtube channel just showed ep 10's preview 8D

Was there any behind the scenes or stuff like that ever released?

lullabye

Post by lullabye » Jun 12th, '10, 16:23

kiarill wrote:Oh! Tumbling's youtube channel just showed ep 10's preview 8D

Was there any behind the scenes or stuff like that ever released?
There's supposed to be stuff on the premier DVD. I'll find out when I get it!

unguanime

Post by unguanime » Jun 13th, '10, 07:44

Just saw ep9 on dramacrazy.

We can't see awesome tumbling routines here :-(

But I like the story, except the whole Akabane thing.
At the end of the episode he brought his friends, well equipped, ready to beat up Azuma.
And Azuma sort of acting like Mary-Sue again.
He is the only one who encourage Kaneko to keep trusting his friend. And when Kaneko and his friend was having a talk, Azuma was "accidentally" in the scene, like when Kiyama went to cemetery in ep4.
I want to download it soon! I MUST make GIF of a particular scene!
Azuma was temporarily prohibited from the club because his grades are bad, but he still joins the club activity. The others' faces when they told him he shouldn't be here, uwaaa XD

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Jun 13th, '10, 08:33

unguanime wrote: I want to download it soon! I MUST make GIF of a particular scene!
Azuma was temporarily prohibited from the club because his grades are bad, but he still joins the club activity. The others' faces when they told him he shouldn't be here, uwaaa XD
Yep, I know what you're talking about. I was also thinking "Would make an awesome GIF" at that particular moment. Haha....
All in all Episode 9 was just so-so for me. I felt like they could've done more with the time given. What was the point of the delinquent friend anyway? I know they had to do a Kaneko focus episode, but they have sooo many characters already, why introduce a new delinquent one that late in the story? And now he is gone anyway. And isn't it kind of stupid from Wataru to go face Akabane alone? :roll Well, I'm hoping for 10 (and 11).

lullabye

Post by lullabye » Jun 13th, '10, 10:17

unguanime wrote:Just saw ep9 on dramacrazy.

We can't see awesome tumbling routines here :-(
No, just practice, practice, practice.

And Azuma sort of acting like Mary-Sue again.
It wasn't quite as bad this time, I thought, since he is mostly shown as Fail during the rest of the ep.
Everything having to do with the failing grade prohibition was great.

I really loved Yuta's stick figure people and instructions. I don't know why, but I found it hilarious.

sora_hime

Post by sora_hime » Jun 13th, '10, 14:26

I know this drama and really want to watch it since seto kun was acted in it.. but, I haven't watch it yet because I don't know where to watch or download it.
may I know where did you all watch it or the website i can download it and the english sub?
( I am sorry... i am little bit late ne...?!)

lullabye

Post by lullabye » Jun 13th, '10, 15:06

sora_hime wrote:I know this drama and really want to watch it since seto kun was acted in it.. but, I haven't watch it yet because I don't know where to watch or download it.
may I know where did you all watch it or the website i can download it and the english sub?
( I am sorry... i am little bit late ne...?!)
It's only been subbed up to ep 2, unless you want to watch at Viikii.net or the Place Which Shall Not Be Named. Subs at either of those two streaming sites are on the fly and not completely trustworthy but good enough for when you just can't wait. If you want to dl, you can find the torrent link here, and also the srt files which have the sub.

unguanime

Post by unguanime » Jun 14th, '10, 20:44

Looks like they had a massage yesterday.
Those poor boys, they had many gymnastic scenes yesterday.
Attachments
140610.png
140610.png (104.89 KiB) Viewed 3387 times

kigatsuyoi

Post by kigatsuyoi » Jun 15th, '10, 13:16

Episode 9 was so predictable and almost boring
if not for the many hilarious moments brought to you by Wataru’s immaturity. I was literally laughing non stop from the start of the episode: from the group dance, eyes on Wataru to study, choosing the song (poor Kiyama), till Wataru’s futile trials to cheat :lol .
Random thoughts:
-I was shocked and lol at Wataru trying to cheat…He is definitely not a Mary-Sue.
-I don’t know how Wataru could study in the gym. Maybe Hino?Tomo? or Yuta should tutor him. Don’t you think?
-Yuta (imho) came up with this really crazy/scary new tumbling technique. Poor Kaneko.
- I liked how Wataru and Yuta were together most of the time in this episode.
Akibana is such a coward
always sending others to do his nasty job. Does he even have a valid reason for hating Wataru so much? It is not like they are rivals anymore. New Akibana’s smile, attitude and the way he moves scream psycho. He actually looked far more human before this :glare: .
Does anyone have any idea what is ep 10 about?
Why is Ryosuke so mad? Is our tumbling team being forced to withdraw for some reason? Or is it that they are competing with one another for who will be one of the 6 official members to compete.
Thanksssssss :D .

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Jun 15th, '10, 13:55

Yep, I'm not a big fan of 9 either. I hope 10 will deliver more emotion. Comedy wise, there were some nice moments though, as you noted.

Hino cannot tutor Wataru he is in his second year (with Nippori) while all the others are in the same class in their third year. (minus Satoshi he is in his first year, I think) You can see that when they have class scenes together.

Don't really know what 10 is about, I hope for more Tumbling and longer bath scenes. Aww, I cannot believe it's almost over.

lullabye

Post by lullabye » Jun 18th, '10, 03:44

Now, ladies, did you really not like 9? I thought the comedy quality of the episode was really good.

I wish the torrent would get uploaded for 9 already! Here it is, ep 10 right around the corner. Pleeeeze, uploaders, I just got my home connection back up! Let me celebrate by downloading and seeding!

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Jun 19th, '10, 11:56

Man, the stream for 10 was really bad...
If they gonna kill Wataru I'm going to be really mad. And they conviently don't really show anything for the final episode preview that could give anything away. Aargh. Did they have a bath scene? Could be that I missed it for 10, but I think I didn't see one.....WHY? That's always the best part of the episode (j/k). Looking forward to 11/Final. But only if they all survive. Damn you Akabane.

lullabye

Post by lullabye » Jun 19th, '10, 12:25

MaiKitty wrote:Man, the stream for 10 was really bad...
So it wasn't just my stream. All my streams have been bad the last two days. Very annoying.
If they gonna kill Wataru I'm going to be really mad. And they conviently don't really show anything for the final episode preview that could give anything away. Aargh. Did they have a bath scene? Could be that I missed it for 10, but I think I didn't see one.....WHY? That's always the best part of the episode (j/k). Looking forward to 11/Final. But only if they all survive. Damn you Akabane.
I can't say I will be surprised if Wataru doesn't make it. It explains everything about how his character is presented if he dies, and we know it won't be Kiyama who dies. This ep was completely ominous, wasn't it? At least the little I could see was.

I didn't see any bath scenes, either. Don't think there will be any in the last ep, since the focus will be on the competition and the fight.

Akabane is an evil bastard.