[Discussion] Tumbling

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
gaurisharma

Post by gaurisharma » May 18th, '10, 04:07

i have just started watching this drama...and im hooked!!!! i can't wait for episodes with subs to come out!!!
all the actors must have had to train really really hard for them to be able to execute all the moves in their routines..

Romance

Post by Romance » May 21st, '10, 00:07

Where is last week's ep? Mada? :cry:

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » May 21st, '10, 08:42

Not available yet it seems. Obviously Tumbling isn't that popular. Which is really sad. People rather watch relatively boring series just because they have famous actors but are lacking in plot, and these get uploaded within hours after airing. I really hope blueskykind? or whoever uploaded Tumbling here won't abandon it. ;_;

OnnaNoKo

Post by OnnaNoKo » May 21st, '10, 15:23

I think I'm developing a slightly unhealthy Yamamoto Yusuke addiction :alcoholic:
Anxiously awaiting ep05... Please don't drop it, I'm already going through withdrawal as it is.... :cry:
lol

Thank you blueskymind02!

lullabye

Post by lullabye » May 21st, '10, 15:50

If worst were to come to worst, there are various streaming sites that have it up. I'm assuming that blueskymind02 has just had a very busy week, but I am anxious for the torrent, too.

This show is really enjoyable! There are so many little things in each scene that endear the characters to me. And the actors. There's not one of them turning in a disappointing performance; each one has impressed me favorably.

Speaking of actors, I gather that Miura Shohei developed a stress fracture? Has anyone else read something about that? I've only seen it in the comments on the TBS Tumbling BBS, so maybe I've misinterpreted what I read. These guys are really putting their bodies on the line!

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » May 21st, '10, 16:23

Yes, I'm so addicted to Tumbling I'm already counting the hours until Episode 6 airs. :)

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » May 22nd, '10, 13:51

Episode 6
Wasn't as good as the previous two. I didn't really like Yuta moping around that much, we already had that. I don't really see how he thinks that the fall was his fault? Well, I think the episode was necessary to have a little more Wataru/Yuta bonding. And we got to see glimpses of Hinos family. Next week is the new unitard so I think the next episode will be part Wataru/his father issues and the other part is about Hino joining the team for another competition I guess. And sensei was a soccer player did I get that right? Didn't Zwitsch suspect Sensei had a sportive past? Right on!

vspirit

Post by vspirit » May 22nd, '10, 14:37

^wow...you've seen it already?

Episode 6:
but yeah, with a dad like that, it's no wonder his personality's so screwed up. xD
Episode 7:
according to the summaries provided at the website and newspaper articles, Hino's dad thinks that if he's gonna insist on sticking to rhythmic gymnastics, then he should properly go to a school that offers proper training facilties. He further took things into his own hands and went ahead to arrange for a school transfer (without asking his son first, I'd assume) and Hino blew his top when he found out, resulting in a row with his dad and him leaving home (for a bit), stating that he refuses to go through the entry procedure (he's gotta display his worth to the school's authority by performing a routine). Outside, he gets into further trouble with the town's riffraff (this town seems to be teeming with them) but then Wataru, who so happened to be passing by I guess (they do this a lot in the show, don't they? must be a pretty small town they're living in--and one filled to the brim with delinquents), went to his rescue and took him home with him like you would an abandoned lil' puppy. And I guess since they both have daddy issues, they found a common ground and developed a bond of sorts...

not sure how accurate the flow is cos all I did was I piece together all the info i found in different places lol.
@lullabye
Why don't you try dling it from veoh? That's where I got mine.

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » May 22nd, '10, 15:54

^hey, you've obviously watched it, too :P

Yep,
Hino looks so heartbroken, and I agree with you - he and Wataru are having father issues in the next episode, probably the thing that brings them together. I had the feeling from the start, that Hino in reality, wants to be with the team, so I don't think it'll take much to convinve him to join.

vspirit

Post by vspirit » May 22nd, '10, 16:04

^i haven't actually. i just went and spoiled myself silly here and there. xxxD
i was kinda hoping it wouldn't happen but it seems even that stone cold hino's dam broke as well. you can really see all the years of suffering he's endured behind that crying expression, tho, so it's all good i guess. oh and apparently the older bro's in Delicious Gakuin too? which chara was he in there? was it one of the teach? would you happen to have any idea?

unguanime

Post by unguanime » May 22nd, '10, 20:12

You guys have already watched it??
Aaah.. this is frustrating! Veoh's not working for Indonesia T-T

lullabye

Post by lullabye » May 22nd, '10, 22:17

unguanime wrote:You guys have already watched it??
Well, there's always Pandora, if that works for you.

Ah, I liked 6, but I will need the subs to really get it.
I kind of like that it went back to Yuta's self-doubt. It's not the sort of thing that anyone would get over so fast.

lullabye

Post by lullabye » May 22nd, '10, 22:26

vspirit wrote:^wow...you've seen it already?

@lullabye
Why don't you try dling it from veoh? That's where I got mine.
What title do I look for? I don't find 5 there. PM me that, would you?

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » May 22nd, '10, 22:26

I always watch the stream over keyhole.

unguanime

Post by unguanime » May 23rd, '10, 02:15

MaiKitty wrote:
I always watch the stream over keyhole.
keyhole? :blink

vspirit

Post by vspirit » May 23rd, '10, 02:55

unguanime wrote:Aaah.. this is frustrating! Veoh's not working for Indonesia T-T
I've only seen up to 5. Have you tried accessing it again lately? They've opened up to some more countries recently. =)

@MaiKitty
Nvm...I think I just found + out who...

....WASHO!!

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » May 23rd, '10, 12:44

The new unitard in action is not that peach-colour but more of a pink! I'm relieved!

This is Tumblings official Youtube Channel, you can watch the trailer for 7 there. Can't wait for this episode.

http://www.youtube.com/user/tumbling2010

@unguanime
You can watch japanese TV live on keyhole, it's a programme. So I watch Tumbling when it airs on Saturdays. If I want to watch it again though, I need a different source.

:pale: I'm really worried since 5 didn't show up until now. Usually you also can get it from ourhour which is an LJ community. If there will be no RAW's GiriGiri cannot sub, which sucks. :-(
Last edited by MaiKitty on May 23rd, '10, 17:13, edited 1 time in total.

lullabye

Post by lullabye » May 23rd, '10, 15:29

It is strange that ep 5 hasn't been uploaded here, especially since it is widely available streaming. I dl'd from veoh, but haven't had the chance to check the quality. I don't know anything about making torrents, though. so even if the quality is good....

Really, 5 is the best ep so far. I mean, 6 is good, but 5 was great, so it is a shame that the lack of a torrent here is keeping people from watching.

In 6, I think it isn't too much of a spoiler to say, we get to see some really impressive tumbling. Niiiiiiice!

lullabye

Post by lullabye » May 23rd, '10, 15:37

Keyhole is a program endorsed by the Japanese government and broadcasters. A lot, maybe most, major radio and tv broadcasters let their shows be streamed lived over it. Just google for "keyhole" and follow the directions to install. The picture is small, though you can make it a little bigger by doubleclicking and dragging a corner, and it is choppy because there's not much buffering first. But it's sometimes the best you will get. For things like talk shows or game shows, live streams are your best chance at seeing the show, even though you can't record.

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » May 23rd, '10, 17:16

Did you guys watch the real Tumbling Routine on the Tumbling YouTube Channel? Amazing, really that sport is so beautiful to look at!!! And there is that short sequence that they do in 6, too.

By the way, epsiode 6 is now on available on dramacrazy.

lullabye

Post by lullabye » May 23rd, '10, 17:29

MaiKitty wrote:Did you guys watch the real Tumbling Routine on the Tumbling YouTube Channel? Amazing, really that sport is so beautiful to look at!!! And there is that short sequence that they do in 6, too.
Not yet. Did it just go up? I didn't see it yesterday. What's it's name? Japanese is OK. I can recognize characters even if I don't know what they mean.

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » May 23rd, '10, 17:38

No it's been up for 6 days already.

http://www.youtube.com/user/tumbling201 ... tFXro3_4g8

lullabye

Post by lullabye » May 23rd, '10, 17:45

MaiKitty wrote:No it's been up for 6 days already.

http://www.youtube.com/user/tumbling201 ... tFXro3_4g8
Thanks! I don't know how I missed it.

Zwitsch

Post by Zwitsch » May 23rd, '10, 21:25

Hey there...just finished episode 6
wahh...I´m amazed - about myself of course! YES! I wondered earlier if Mr. Sensei has a sporty past and it seems to be true! What was the magazin about soccer? I´m not sure...maybe it was just a sport journal. However, Hino-chan, he just wants to be part of the team! It´s so clear! And yes the second, the next epi will be a father issues one.

Ah, and if I have to say which episode I like best so far it would be the fifth. I am bit sad about the fact that THOSE TWO don´t really interact with each other - okay, the took a bath together - haha, but I guess in reality it wouldn´t work so smoth - anyway, that´s the way it is. The issue is finished...

@MaiKitty: I just read your post some posts ago - hm, yes, I think it was soccer, I mean the Sensei issue
Last edited by Zwitsch on May 24th, '10, 17:53, edited 1 time in total.

unguanime

Post by unguanime » May 24th, '10, 08:46

I'm currently waiting for Tumbling 6 in DramaCrazy to finish buffering.

@MaiKitty: Thanks for the youtube link!

Romance

Post by Romance » May 24th, '10, 16:52

Just wanna drop in and say that ep 5 was great, gonna watch 6 tonight. Been a while since ive seen such a good feel-good drama as tumbling. It gives you energy :-) LOVE IT!

vspirit

Post by vspirit » May 25th, '10, 15:07

uh. i'm very curious about something...

when you guys say 'unitard', do u mean uniform + leotard or uniform + retard?

lullabye

Post by lullabye » May 25th, '10, 15:31

vspirit wrote:uh. i'm very curious about something...

when you guys say 'unitard', do u mean uniform + leotard or uniform + retard?
LOL!

It's unit + leotard=a one-piece outfit.

vspirit

Post by vspirit » May 25th, '10, 15:37

^oh. so it's an actual word??? wow...

thanks for answering my question. it's been boggling me for a while now...

EDIT: oh okay i see what they are now. learned a new word today. lol. tho...aren't the uniforms the gymnasts and actors were wearing comprised of two pieces or separate pieces of clothing? they look more like a spandex singlet and...whatever you call those pants acrobats & gymnasts wear.

lullabye

Post by lullabye » May 25th, '10, 16:41

vspirit wrote:^oh. so it's an actual word??? wow...

thanks for answering my question. it's been boggling me for a while now...

EDIT: oh okay i see what they are now. learned a new word today. lol. tho...aren't the uniforms the gymnasts and actors were wearing comprised of two pieces or separate pieces of clothing? they look more like a spandex singlet and...whatever you call those pants acrobats & gymnasts wear.
Yeah, the guys are wearing two-piece competition outfits: leotards and leggings.

vspirit

Post by vspirit » May 25th, '10, 16:59

oh right. leggings. that's the word i was looking for. haha. thanks again. theirs look like the loose-fitting sort.

anyway the pink uniforms sure look garish lol. the ones the athletes from kokushikan uni were wearing in that clip on youtube (tumbling's official channel) look way cooler xxD

lullabye

Post by lullabye » May 25th, '10, 17:38

vspirit wrote:oh right. leggings. that's the word i was looking for. haha. thanks again. theirs look like the loose-fitting sort.

anyway the pink uniforms sure look garish lol. the ones the athletes from kokushikan uni were wearing in that clip on youtube (tumbling's official channel) look way cooler xxD
Like I said before, it's shoujo. There must be pink. And young men in baths. And manly tears. It's part of the genre. It's like there having to be explosions and battles in shonen. The interesting part is whether a good story can be told while maintaining all the conventions of the genre. So far, I'm very pleased with Tumbling's story telling.

vspirit

Post by vspirit » May 25th, '10, 18:26

in short, cheese. but it has a cheddar-ish flavor and i like cheddar so i think i'll be able to stick this out. i hope. xD

the next episode looks set to be quite angsty. which promises some fun times. =DD w00t.

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » May 28th, '10, 15:40

Are you guys counting the hours until episode 7, too? I have a feeling it'll be another great episode.

It really looks like Tumbling was abandoned by the uploaders. Did they forget to record 5 and then gave up on the rest? blueskykind uploaded Sunao ni Narunakute just shortly after it aired. But it's been 2 weeks since episode 5 and one week since episode 6 aired for Tumbling. I get that it is not that popular (just compare the people discussing in the SnN thread to this one) and maybe I was taking too much for granted, but that it doesn't show up makes me depressed. Let's all wail in united misery. :(

lullabye

Post by lullabye » May 28th, '10, 15:56

I am looking forward to 7 also. Heck, this entire series has been great.

Really, blueskykind should say if he's not going to upload it anymore so someone else would step in. As for popularity, what's popular on the internet and what's popular on TV aren't always anything like the same thing. Tumbling is pretty well received here. From what I can tell, it's doing good with it's target demographic in Japan, also.

Zwitsch

Post by Zwitsch » May 28th, '10, 16:22

Me too! Want to watch episode 7 as soon as possible... :P
(I don´t like those streaming sides but right now it´s the only source... :cry: )

And I don´t think blueskykind has to say anything concerning the further upload here cause nobody is bond to do it.
Hm, and I think if anyone else wanted to share its raws with us the person would already have done it...

Wuah...BUT I`M SAD ABOUT IT TOO!!!!
Let´s see if the there will be an happy end!

lullabye

Post by lullabye » May 28th, '10, 18:14

Zwitsch wrote: And I don´t think blueskykind has to say anything concerning the further upload here cause nobody is bond to do it.
Hm, and I think if anyone else wanted to share its raws with us the person would already have done it...
I suppose. Myself, I'm always hesitant to step in on what someone else has claimed. So I assume other people are like that, too.

I've dl'd HQ wmv, and I would share that here, but I don't know how to create a torrent or if it is OK to do so.

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » May 28th, '10, 18:26

lullabye wrote:
Zwitsch wrote: And I don´t think blueskykind has to say anything concerning the further upload here cause nobody is bond to do it.
I suppose. Myself, I'm always hesitant to step in on what someone else has claimed. So I assume other people are like that, too.

I've dl'd HQ wmv, and I would share that here, but I don't know how to create a torrent or if it is OK to do so.
Yea, I understand what you mean. I don't want to anger blueskykind, I mean he is the one that provided the RAW for the first 4 episodes and I am really thankful for that. It's the same dilemma with fansubbers. They don't want you to ask when the next episode is released for your favourite series and I really understand that. But once they've started it....it's just so hard to wait, especially if the wait is so long. In this case I'm really wondering if he didn't record the last episodes. So that might be the reason, because he is active here and he uploaded SnN a few hours after airing. This is really depressing :( I watched it on the streaming sites but I actually don't like them and want to download the real file.

vspirit

Post by vspirit » May 28th, '10, 19:02

There's always veoh and for those who can't access it, there are the megaupload links as alternative. All the eps are available via MU. They're not HD but they're certainly HQ at around 400ish MB per ep...

...but if it's HD eps or torrents you prefer, I hope someone'll pick up the slack soon =]

I'm feeling half excited and half apprehensive bout 7. Still, it feels good to have something to look forward to...

...tho it'll really only be Monday here before I manage to get my grubby hands on it xD

lullabye

Post by lullabye » May 28th, '10, 19:28

vspirit wrote:There's always veoh and for those who can't access it, there are the megaupload links as alternative. All the eps are available via MU. They're not HD but they're certainly HQ at around 400ish MB per ep...

...but if it's HD eps or torrents you prefer, I hope someone'll pick up the slack soon =]

I'm feeling half excited and half apprehensive bout 7. Still, it feels good to have something to look forward to...

...tho it'll really only be Monday here before I manage to get my grubby hands on it xD
Yeah, I have been using Veoh for my copies since ep 5. Quality is pretty good.

Why are you feeling apprehensive about 7? It looks like it will finally get Hino into the group.

What do you think of the speculation that someone in the group will die in the last couple of episodes? (Should speculations go in spoilers?)

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » May 28th, '10, 19:34

Die? I hope not. That would bring all the characters into grieving and that would take away the fun for at least 1 or 2 episodes. I know it is not a lighthearted show, but that would be to depressing in my opinion.
If someone dies, I suppose it's going to be Satoshi? Sickness and all....

vspirit

Post by vspirit » May 28th, '10, 19:41

Why am I apprehensive? Well cos I'm hoping Nishijima will put up a convincing performance. That and while I'm happy Hino finally gets to display some emotions, I'm also hoping he won't go completely OOC from here on out. According to someone who's read the novel, while the dude opened up to the rest, he's still not the nicest person on earth right up until the end. That's just the way his character is, emotional baggage and ostracizing dad or no. I'm hoping that is maintained cos if Hino suddenly becomes all sunshine and happiness and yay-let's-all bathe-and-eat- omurice-together like a lot of people are hoping for some weird reason, his character goes down the drain.

I haven't given the speculation much thought at all, actually.
Last edited by vspirit on May 28th, '10, 19:50, edited 2 times in total.

lullabye

Post by lullabye » May 28th, '10, 19:42

MaiKitty wrote:Die? I hope not. That would bring all the characters into grieving and that would take away the fun for at least 1 or 2 episodes. I know it is not a lighthearted show, but that would be to depressing in my opinion.
If someone dies, I suppose it's going to be Satoshi? Sickness and all....
I think the speculation is founded on the story of the collegiate team that lost one of its members to, um, cancer, I think it was, right before the nationals.
Maybe it would be Wataru? The way Yuta talks about him in the premier's opening monologue almost sounds like an elegy.

lullabye

Post by lullabye » May 28th, '10, 19:46

vspirit wrote:Why am I apprehensive? Well cos I'm hoping Nishijima will put up a convincing performance. That and while I'm happy Hino finally gets to display some emotions, I'm also hoping he won't go completely OOC from here on out. According to someone who's read the novel, while the dude opened up to the rest, he's still not the nicest person on earth right up until the end. That's just the way his character is, emotional baggage and ostracizing dad or no. I'm hoping that is maintained cos if Hino suddenly becomes all sunshine and happiness and yay-let's-all bath-and-eat- omurice-together like a lot of people are hoping for some weird reason, his character goes down the drain.

You know someone who has read the novel? Oh, I want to know what goes on! Is it a rehash of the episodes? Are there extra details about the characters? I would love to be able to read it, but I'm afraid I'm at least two years out from even attempting something like that.

vspirit

Post by vspirit » May 28th, '10, 19:56

I don't know anyone who did personally. All I do is follow blogs and 2ch and some of these people have read it. They've never outright given away spoilers but only small mentions of details here and there--
--like how there isn't actually any gay element in the book and that Ryosuke's problem was gambling and not thievery and that his dad's a doctor. Apparently the book and the drama are very different, tho the basic characteristics of the characters are maintained. I guess it's to be expected given that the drama isn't actually an adaptation of the novel. In fact, there really isn't an original format here--tho I believe that everything did begin with the planning of the drama.

And in the book, Hino has a meltdown of sorts which I guess will be happening tomorrow...

Oh and if someone does die, you can be rest assured it won't be Kiyama or Kaneko. Satoshi seems like the best bet tho his condition isn't exactly life-threatening as long as he doesn't overexert himself...but then maybe that's what he does.

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » May 28th, '10, 20:28

vspirit wrote:Why am I apprehensive? Well cos I'm hoping Nishijima will put up a convincing performance. That and while I'm happy Hino finally gets to display some emotions, I'm also hoping he won't go completely OOC from here on out. According to someone who's read the novel, while the dude opened up to the rest, he's still not the nicest person on earth right up until the end. That's just the way his character is, emotional baggage and ostracizing dad or no. I'm hoping that is maintained cos if Hino suddenly becomes all sunshine and happiness and yay-let's-all bathe-and-eat- omurice-together like a lot of people are hoping for some weird reason, his character goes down the drain.

Actually I do have faith in Nissys acting & the screenwriters. And even though it is obvious that he'll join the team, I don't think his character will suddenly love all the members and be happy about everything. I think he'll continue to be arrogant and probably will start shouting at the others during the training that their level is low or something. :argue:

unguanime

Post by unguanime » May 28th, '10, 21:51

vspirit wrote:Why am I apprehensive? Well cos I'm hoping Nishijima will put up a convincing performance. That and while I'm happy Hino finally gets to display some emotions, I'm also hoping he won't go completely OOC from here on out. According to someone who's read the novel, while the dude opened up to the rest, he's still not the nicest person on earth right up until the end. That's just the way his character is, emotional baggage and ostracizing dad or no. I'm hoping that is maintained cos if Hino suddenly becomes all sunshine and happiness and yay-let's-all bathe-and-eat- omurice-together like a lot of people are hoping for some weird reason, his character goes down the drain.

Well, that would destroy Hino's character. LOL
But I believe in Nishi. He was great in Love Exposure. And so far he has been doing great in Tumbling. Nishi's personality is the total opposite of Hino so it proves that he's great.
And I think the writers won't make Hino's character OOC. Kiyama joined the group but his still the same.

Well, let's hope for non-OOC Hino! :D

There's a book of this? XD

unguanime

Post by unguanime » May 28th, '10, 21:56

MaiKitty wrote:

Actually I do have faith in Nissys acting & the screenwriters. And even though it is obvious that he'll join the team, I don't think his character will suddenly love all the members and be happy about everything. I think he'll continue to be arrogant and probably will start shouting at the others during the training that their level is low or something. :argue:
This.
Yeah. I think he'll be the demon bossy teammate XD

mowgwie

MegaUpload Links/

Post by mowgwie » May 28th, '10, 22:13

vspirit wrote:There's always veoh and for those who can't access it, there are the megaupload links as alternative. All the eps are available via MU. They're not HD but they're certainly HQ at around 400ish MB per ep...

Where can I find the MU links to download? So far I've only been able to find the ones on VEOH, and they don't have Ep 7 yet.

lullabye

Re: MegaUpload Links/

Post by lullabye » May 28th, '10, 22:49

mowgwie wrote:Where can I find the MU links to download? So far I've only been able to find the ones on VEOH, and they don't have Ep 7 yet.
Ep 7 hasn't aired yet.

Zwitsch

Post by Zwitsch » May 29th, '10, 07:05

Hm... Hino - ooc - joining the team...
I would say it won´t actually change his charakter if he joins the team. Of course he will act "more" sociable towards the others like shouting and nagging in a more directly way but I guess he will stay the good old arrogant guy and become, like unguanime assumed, the demon bossy teammate! I love to see it...

Well, but on the other hand maybe he will really become an ooc - I mean he was´t like that his whole life! And what if if the joining will bring back his old self... Would that be ooc?

However, I´m looking forward to see how it will become...

Ah...
If really should someone die maybe it will be Watarus dad? Hm...I´m not sure, but wasn´t he in a wheelchair?! Why? Since when?!

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » May 29th, '10, 12:06

Episode 7
So Watarus dad died. Hopefully that means that there will be no more character death. There are some weird happenings in that town where Tumbling takes place. First Hino gets in trouble (and surprise, surprise Wataru shows up) and then Kiyama and Nippori have another battle at the shrine. I mean how many bad guys are in this town? :blink And it looks like a pretty nice place at the sea, and it has the criminal concentration of the Bronx? In Japan? Ok...let's leave that. Even though Hino is laughing and smiling now I think it is still not OOC. Like Zwitsch said, we don't know how he acted before, and after making friends and having his father accept his choices he may show his true colours.

Another thing I find weird is the fact, that without ever practicing with the others (at least we didn't see it and I assume it didn't happen) he knows the whole routine by heart. Even if he is good, can you be that good? I expected more of a mess up here. But anyway, I'm happy that they finally are complete and I like that they are focusing more on Tumbling now. Though I wonder if they'll ever beat Washizu, they seem so much better.

8 seems Sensei-focused.

Salz

Post by Salz » May 29th, '10, 16:04

does anyone know where i could download Tumbling ep5&6??
it seem like i can't find the download link anywhere :pale:

vspirit

Post by vspirit » May 29th, '10, 16:14

...are there any rules against the posting of host links here?

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » May 29th, '10, 16:28

I think it's not allowed but I cannot find that rule in the FAQ at the moment, so I'm not sure. If all fails write a PM. :)

lullabye

Post by lullabye » May 29th, '10, 16:50

vspirit wrote:...are there any rules against the posting of host links here?
From how I understand the rules, it's ok as long as they aren't links for movies. But you can PM, if you want to be on the safe side.

I have started an upload req topic for Tumbling in the Seeds/Uploads request forum, for those who'd like to also ask: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_85502.htm

lullabye

Post by lullabye » May 29th, '10, 16:52

I need spoiler-y info, since my stream stared getting badly jumpy right at the end of 7.
What was the score or place that Kara High got for their performance?

Zwitsch

Post by Zwitsch » May 29th, '10, 16:55

Ehhhhhhhhhhhh?!?!
I haven´t watched episode 7 by now but Watarus dad really died?!? Hm, can I get a award for always making the right suppositions!? I´m joking.
After reading MaiKittys episode 7 summary (damn, I really can´t life without spoiler... :crazy: ) I´m really curious now...

lullabye

Post by lullabye » May 29th, '10, 17:19

MaiKitty wrote:Episode 7
MaiKitty wrote:So Watarus dad died. Hopefully that means that there will be no more character death. There are some weird happenings in that town where Tumbling takes place. First Hino gets in trouble (and surprise, surprise Wataru shows up) and then Kiyama and Nippori have another battle at the shrine. I mean how many bad guys are in this town? :blink And it looks like a pretty nice place at the sea, and it has the criminal concentration of the Bronx? In Japan? Ok...let's leave that. Even though Hino is laughing and smiling now I think it is still not OOC. Like Zwitsch said, we don't know how he acted before, and after making friends and having his father accept his choices he may show his true colours.
I love the crazy extra criminal population. Highest delinquency rate in all Japan! But, then, this is Karasumori High: Crow Forest. I don't think they could have made it much plainer without calling it Karasu Zero High.
[Another thing I find weird is the fact, that without ever practicing with the others (at least we didn't see it and I assume it didn't happen) he knows the whole routine by heart. Even if he is good, can you be that good? I expected more of a mess up here. But anyway, I'm happy that they finally are complete and I like that they are focusing more on Tumbling now. Though I wonder if they'll ever beat Washizu, they seem so much better.
I guess Hino was always watching? Maybe he practiced the routine when no one was looking? I think it shows that he had always really wanted to be on the team. I was completely expecting him to step in when Kiyama and Nippori had been beaten up, but I still liked it when he said "僕あります" (I'm here).

I wonder if the little thugs who beat up Nippori and Kiyama were from Washizu? I miss so much dialogue the first go round.
8 seems Sensei-focused.
And another big tear jerker, according to the official site.

lullabye

Post by lullabye » May 29th, '10, 17:21

Zwitsch wrote:Ehhhhhhhhhhhh?!?!
I haven´t watched episode 7 by now but Watarus dad really died?!? Hm, can I get a award for always making the right suppositions!? I´m joking.
After reading MaiKittys episode 7 summary (damn, I really can´t life without spoiler... :crazy: ) I´m really curious now...
Yeah, you were right on the money. I wonder if this means everyone else is safe now. LOL.

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » May 29th, '10, 17:23

lullabye wrote:I need spoiler-y info, since my stream stared getting badly jumpy right at the end of 7.
They went second with 17.400 if I remember correctly.

blackbalsam

Post by blackbalsam » May 29th, '10, 17:29

lullabye wrote:I need spoiler-y info, since my stream stared getting badly jumpy right at the end of 7.
If I remember right it was 17.400, which makes it 2nd place and gaining one of two spots in Kantou championship (along with Washizu).
Agree with someone who said that next episode is sensei based. My assumptions are that team invites new coach who is more experienced and they love that now there is someone who actually says what's wrong and it's easier on Yuta (doesn't have to think much of new act for next performance). Kashiwagi kinda gets lonely and starts to train kids in football (soccer) club and eventually wants to leave RG.

lullabye

Post by lullabye » May 29th, '10, 17:35

blackbalsam wrote:
If I remember right it was 17.400, which makes it 2nd place and gaining one of two spots in Kantou championship (along with Washizu).
Thank you!
Agree with someone who said that next episode is sensei based. My assumptions are that team invites new coach who is more experienced and they love that now there is someone who actually says what's wrong and it's easier on Yuta (doesn't have to think much of new act for next performance). Kashiwagi kinda gets lonely and starts to train kids in football (soccer) club and eventually wants to leave RG.
Ah, that's what I think the ep summary for next week implies, too. It will be fun to see, though I hope the boys get to keep their specialty coach, too.

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » May 29th, '10, 18:00

lullabye wrote:
vspirit wrote:...are there any rules against the posting of host links here?
From how I understand the rules, it's ok as long as they aren't links for movies. But you can PM, if you want to be on the safe side.

I have started an upload req topic for Tumbling in the Seeds/Uploads request forum, for those who'd like to also ask: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_85502.htm
Thanks for this. I commented and I hope some nice person is going to listen!

Zwitsch

Post by Zwitsch » May 29th, '10, 19:08

lullabye wrote:
Yeah, you were right on the money. I wonder if this means everyone else is safe now. LOL.
Haha... Thanks! I wonder too! :D But I think everyone is safe now! :thumleft:

I still haven´t watched it...well, actually I can´t find a "nice side"... :cry:

cercado

Post by cercado » May 29th, '10, 20:47

I just watched ep 2. Man, those scenes with the main guy getting beat up are getting old already. I FF it because I was starting to yawn.

Zwitsch

Post by Zwitsch » May 30th, '10, 12:46

Just finished watching episode 7... :cheers:
Uwaaaaaaaaaaaahhh, I have to admit I´m not a fan of that pink unitard! It´s okay but I liked the white with red stars one better. I thought the new unitard would look more brighter (I mean the color) but it´s actually really dark...
But what a tumbling performance!!!! I´m always impressed by the actors athleticism. Really great - well, I´m just able to make a handstand and walking an my hands - I tried to do a deer-thing too...but I´m failed!!! HAHA! :P
Do Japanese children learn the basic of tumbling at school? Is it part of the physical education at school?
However, back to the episode.

MaiKitty wrote:"Another thing I find weird is the fact, that without ever practicing with the others (at least we didn't see it and I assume it didn't happen) he knows the whole routine by heart. Even if he is good, can you be that good? I expected more of a mess up here. But anyway, I'm happy that they finally are complete and I like that they are focusing more on Tumbling now. Though I wonder if they'll ever beat Washizu, they seem so much better.

8 seems Sensei-focused."

Yes, it´s a bit strange that Hino was able to do the performance without joining the practice before. But maybe it should show it´s extraordinary tumbling skills?!
Anyway, a smilling and laughing Hino is not ooc and really refreshing.
I wonder how the team will react when the new coach takes over. I mean Yuta was the one who nearly has done everything up till now...
I´m looking forward...

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » May 30th, '10, 21:44

Yep, I guess he has extraordinary skills, so he magically fits in Nipporis/Kiyamas unitard and knows every position by heart. :) Well, these are the things one shouldn't probably think to hard about. In the preview for 8 is Wataru shouting at Hino "I won't loose to you?" again? Haha, probably Mari is fangirling Hino or something - can't wait to see the reaction this time. I liked how Hinos face lit up after Wataru nearly pushed his fist into his face. Haha. And another thing I noticed. Nissy must be a tiny little thing. If you see him standing next to Yusuke he looks so small and fragile.
@lullabye
I never noticed the connection to Crows Zero. Shows that I don't really pay attention, I guess. When I think of CZ I automatically think of the parody in Otomen. *lol* Crows Zero is everywhere. :)

lullabye

Post by lullabye » May 30th, '10, 22:17

Maikitty:
Yep, I guess he has extraordinary skills, so he magically fits in Nipporis/Kiyamas unitard and knows every position by heart. :) Well, these are the things one shouldn't probably think to hard about. In the preview for 8 is Wataru shouting at Hino "I won't loose to you?" again? Haha, probably Mari is fangirling Hino or something - can't wait to see the reaction this time. I liked how Hinos face lit up after Wataru nearly pushed his fist into his face. Haha. And another thing I noticed. Nissy must be a tiny little thing. If you see him standing next to Yusuke he looks so small and fragile.

Weren't the pants too big? I could see him wearing Nippori's uniform. The spandex would still be ultra tight so it might just fit a smaller guy without too much slippage. But, yes, like the theme to MST3K says, "just repeat to yourself 'it's just a show, I really should relax.'"
Nissy is a tiny little thing, but they are all tiny compared to Yusuke. He's hulking. And having Akira as the advisor is good for making them all look younger and smaller.
@lullabye
I never noticed the connection to Crows Zero. Shows that I don't really pay attention, I guess. When I think of CZ I automatically think of the parody in Otomen. *lol* Crows Zero is everywhere. :)
That Otomen parody was great--the best bit in the entire series.
Last edited by lullabye on May 31st, '10, 07:00, edited 1 time in total.

vspirit

Post by vspirit » May 31st, '10, 04:52

Hm. Funny thing is, when I tried to imagine Shuty, Hidaka or Atae standing there (since they were all the same height and I was wondering if they'd appear tiny too), the first thing I think of isn't tiny, only "Wow, Yamamoto's really tall. And these guys aren't very tall to begin with either." It's the same when I put Tomiura and Tamoto (whoops, almost typed tomato there) there, and those two are shorter than Nishijima. But when Nishijima himself was there...I had a different thought entirely. It's even stronger (the thought) when he's standing near AKIRA. But because it's a little too impure to be put here, let's just leave it.

The delinqs are all actually pretty huge. Kaku's almost as tall as Yamamoto, Miura's about the same height and Daito's actually taller. Daito's almost AKIRA's height.

P@permoon

Post by P@permoon » May 31st, '10, 05:53

*lol* I already gave Tamoto secretly the nickname Tomato, Kaneko is easier to keep in mind. He and Satoshi are not very tall, but they both have a lot of muscles. Daito is the tallest of the team with 1,82 m and then follow Yamamoto and Miura both with 1,80 m. And Akira is a giant with 1,84 m. But actually, Yamamoto is just very slim and tall. His build is not very broad. Most of these boys are of a normal build and weight (usually 60 < + kg). But in Unitards or some camera ankles, even they tend to look to have a little more weight on, than they actuallly have. I think it must be the mean camera-effect and the close ups sometimes.

But, I always found it very obvious that Nishijima and Seto are easily to make out as the two most thinly, indeed fragile looking boys in the group.
There are only 5 cm of height-difference between them (since Seto is 1, 75 m and Nissy 1,70 m), but they are about the same weight and build (only around 50kg), just look at their faces, hips and arms.
These two are very skinny. I sometimes worry that they could break something. :unsure:

Back to the show, I want more Performances!!! AND, when they don´t release the tension between Yuta and Tsurumi soon, something is going to implode. I´m sure! :P

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » May 31st, '10, 06:51

vspirit wrote:But when Nishijima himself was there...I had a different thought entirely. It's even stronger (the thought) when he's standing near AKIRA. But because it's a little too impure to be put here, let's just leave it.
I don't get what you're hinting at. :cry: I wanna know.

I'm pretty dumb when it comes to some jokes. For example I didn't get the whole scene in Otomen (as we're at it again) where they have this comedy competition and Ryo is laughing like mad. Asuka is thinking "Do you really understand what they are talking about?" I must confess I didn't get the jokes until I watched that scene again. :blink

mowgwie

Post by mowgwie » May 31st, '10, 07:47

Can someone please tell me what OOC means?

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » May 31st, '10, 07:50

Out of Character. That basically means that suddenly a character is doing things that don't fit the image of that person so far or is showing a personality he hadn't shown before. In case of Hino that would be becoming a overly optimistic ever smiling new team member. :) But if it happens for real, the question is, if it is really OOC because it happens and we didn't know Hinos personality prior to the series. It is possible that he is like that for real but due to circumstances couldn't really show it.

You often get that term in fanfiction when people are making excuses for using characters who would never do the things the authors write about because they are not like that in the Original Story.

vspirit

Post by vspirit » May 31st, '10, 09:38

@MaiKitty - uh...it's good that you don't, then =) it's not important at all so let's skip it. >.<
and as for Hino, if he's suddenly all nice and sunshine-y to his teammates, then it won't be Hino we're seeing anymore, it'd be Nishijima himself. Hino, while not a bad person per se, has a sarcastic personality by nature judging from the way he interacts with people in general. you don't cultivate a sharp tongue and a sarcastic streak just because your dad doesn't see you for who you are, i don't think. i believe that his dad could've showered him with loads of attention and his personality will still be just as prickly, even if he might have been less of a jerk overall.

and even if part of it is due to his dad's treatment of him, then it should be part of his personality already and if he's supposed to warm up to others at all, it's not something that's going to happen overnight. they're really rushing the pace of the show though, so they might push for a change in personality a little too fast that might result in Hino's character going OOC instead of developing. we're already going to see him bathing with the rest by the next episode or the one after. i'm very curious as to the circumstances of how he ended up in bathtub with the rest and the way he's going to act in there...

Hino is a sarcastic lil' prick (xD really, he is), and the novel holds true to that. i hope the drama will do the same.