[Discussion] Tsuki no Koibito

Discuss Japanese drama series here.

Who do you want Rensuke (Kimura Takuya) to end up with?

Maemi (Shinohara Ryoko)
53%
Xiu Mei (Lin Chiling)
25%
Kazami (Matsuda Shota)
8%
Nobody
5%
I don't care
9%

Total votes: 278

totemokakkoii

Post by totemokakkoii » Jun 3rd, '10, 15:05

akamaya wrote: Interesting... she's 36 for real, is asked to act like 28 and manages to act like a teen (almost 'retarded', sorry... :glare: )
:w00t: :thumright:

Anon.

Post by Anon. » Jun 3rd, '10, 16:42

I'm a little behind on all the discussion here...but I've read just about everything posted here and I finally decided I wanted to actually contribute to the discussion instead of just lurking. :3

There were a couple of things I wanted to reply to...the first of which being the novel that was mentioned by someone earlier...I'll just put in a spoiler tag because...well, I don't want to accidentally spoil something even if, to me, it doesn't seem like I am.
The novel? That supposedly Maemi doesn't exist in? I spent a bit of time trying to look it up. When I finally found some semblance of it online, something caught me by surprise. Maemi was mentioned in the title (it was a page where the book was being sold...so no, I didn't actually read the book. Not that I could, seeing as I know about 1% of the language), Hazuki was mentioned, and the author was mentioned. But no trace of Xiu Mei. Of course, I found this strange. Since the whole story basically revolves around Xiu Mei despite her not having the female lead. So I was hoping that someone could clarify on this whole novel situation. EDIT: I just saw the post, two posts before mine. My bad. But could someone clarify who Mukumori Yayoi is in the dorama for me? Because I don't actually see her existence in the show, unless I'm totally missing it.

Another thing...I love this show. But I hate Kazami, and quite honestly, if he ends up getting together with Maemi...that would end up in me hating this series. He reminds me too much of a snake. =.= I know I shouldn't judge him...but I mean. Seriously.

Now about this whole Xiu Mei discussion -- due to the development of the dorama and the countless spoilers I willingly read to find out what would happen, I temporarily stopped watching this dorama about 75% through the second episode. I do not want to see
Maemi crying (UNLESS they will eventually get together...) and I do not want to see Kazami comforting her.
Of course, that could just be me, spoilt as a viewer...But back to Xiu Mei. Her character is semi-likeable. Her acting doesn't seem to be too bad to me. BUT. What actually bugs me about her is that, like what countless of others have posted in this discussion, she acts like a bloody child. She has these random moments that are so irritating...but sometimes, these moments help Maemi to shine, so...rarely...I do end up forgiving her. But I haven't even gotten to the third episode yet (despite knowing a plethora of spoilers) so I shouldn't talk.

Honestly, she (Xiu Mei) doesn't deserve Hazuki. I'd rather him end up with the annoying model than her pitiful character. Maemi deserves him most of all...at least, that's what I think. I'd be swearing my head off at her through my computer screen to actually confess, if I didn't already realize that that probably won't make him fall in love with her unless he realizes it himself. So bah.

Honestly, I'm hoping this will turn out like Kon-katsu. Those of you that watched it might understand what I'm saying.
Amamiya Kuniyuki seemed like he was going to get together with Takakura Makoto for the longest time...and that his poor childhood friend (who was completely in love with him) would be left with the bartender. Somehow (thankfully) that didn't happen, and the ending was sweet and lovable.BUT. That happened at like...the next to last episode.
So I'm seriously hoping that something like that happens. And my gosh. This post was long. Ending long rant.

anotherfan

Post by anotherfan » Jun 3rd, '10, 19:12

Ok - so after reading all the comments, I just had to watch episode 4. I too don't like the Xiu Mei character and don't like CL's acting of XM. But there was a moment in the last part of the episode when I did feel a twinge of a child-like innocence from her, pure and simple, and I actually liked her with Rensuke. But of course, that is fleeting but for a short moment, I thought it was real and a little bit cute. :)

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jun 3rd, '10, 21:35

Anon, regarding the Novel-Maemi:
In the novel, there is a character named OONUKI MAEMI, she is the daughter of Oonuki Shogen, the president of MASTPOLE. Oonuki Maemi is the same age as Hazuki Rensuke, and they've known each other since school/college, because their fathers, Shogen and Hazuki Taizo were friends since college. Oonuki Maemi is one of the yaku'in(executive) in Mastpole, but actually just "her name", she didn't really do anything for Mastpole. Maemi's older brother is the shacho (company president/manager/director). And her father, Shogen is the kaicho (president/chairman). Just like Oonuki Yuzuki in the drama, Maemi is quite active in pursuing Rensuke and Rensuke seem very annoyed with her. But just like the drama too, Rensuke and her moments provides worth-to-smile-comedy as in the drama. When Rensuke was going to meet Yayoi, Maemi called him and she said she want to eat dinner together with him and then Rensuke pretend the phone received a bad signal, "A...sor--...bad--...I can't---" and he close and open the speaking holes with his thumb over and over, before he finally hung up^^ Oonuki Maemi in novel = Oonuki Yuzuki in drama.

There's isn't any kind of "Ninomiya Maemi" character in the novel whatsoever. And, there isn't any kind of "Mukumori Yayoi" character in the drama at all. But I think they depict the same presence and has the same importance for Rensuke.

delaciel

Post by delaciel » Jun 4th, '10, 02:02

Hmmmn... I finally watched the 4th episode.....
well, for me it is Xiu Mei's character that annoy me most.... I don't know about the actress herself, but I certainly didn't enjoy seeing a 28 year old woman behave like a teenager....

Another thing is about Maemi
Yes I dislike the scene where she's crying alone, even though I do feel that scene is necessary to show how Maemi true feeling... But I hate the aura of 'lonely woman' surrounding Maemi LOL.
Urmn, in my personal opinion, despite Masuda Shota being hot, I just don't feel a strong chemistry between Maemi and Kazami.... They're somehow cute, but somehow he can't feel the hole inside Maemi's heart~~~ IDK LOL :P

Sorry for the ranting~~~~~ I just kinda' disappointed to the development of the story between the three of them....

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jun 4th, '10, 03:18

delaciel wrote: Urmn, in my personal opinion, despite Masuda Shota being hot, I just don't feel a strong chemistry between Maemi and Kazami.... They're somehow cute, but somehow he can't feel the hole inside Maemi's heart~~~ IDK LOL :P
I think Kazami knows how Maemi feels more than she knows herself. I think he knows she likes Rensuke and he seems to admire her a lot and likes her so he wants to protect her. Kazami might seem like a little devil doing bad stuff, but I don't think he has any ill intentions towards Maemi. Maemi won't betray Rensuke, so he wouldn't be able to use her.

kimutaku144

Post by kimutaku144 » Jun 4th, '10, 04:17

just finished watching ep 4. I don't like LCL's acting at all. kimochii warui ..
anyway, Maemi is trying too hard reconciling Ren and Xiu Mei, she end up hurting herself, well I can't say I feel sorry for her. And if Ren's character meant to be hated it works! But I don't excited with this episode at all sigh....

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jun 4th, '10, 04:33

I feel like they(the media, producers, official web writer) tried to make us believe that Kazami is going to betray Rensuke too much XD In his character's description, it is often written 'but we do not know his real intention yet, he's a mysterious man'.

Since they're leading us too much, I'm starting to think he will not betray Rensuke at all XD His action might be suspicious later, yes, but I think his real intention would be sincerely to help Rensuke :roll

Interesting fact about the novel-Kazami:
He's a pure Japanese, who doesn't speak Chinese fluently. (Rensuke is more fluent in Chinese than him) And although Kazami in the novel is 5 years younger than Rensuke, they knew each other since school time. When Rensuke was a highschool senior, playing at a game center, there was a junior highschool first grader watching him playing the game, it was Kazami. And that was their first met.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jun 4th, '10, 06:42

Hi yanie,

Well I think things are just about to explode storywise. It's about time. I am hoping that the Xui Mei character will fade away a lot and then we can expect to see Rensuke turn to Maemi for more than her business help. She is really one of the best people helping him to start up the new store, but she does not seem to want to get into his life. Maybe she is afraid she will get hurt too much. However, I think Rensuke will be the one to take action with her. I hope so anyway. I am so tired of Xui Mei and her infantile voice and her truly bad manners towards Maemi.
Looking forward to episode 5.

Peg

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jun 4th, '10, 07:03

Mm... I don't think Xiumei would fade away at all... If this is gonna be 7 eps total, then it's too late for Xiumei to fade out, she's already a part of the story too much, and she's quite crucial to the story... [as much as I hate to admit :P]

Xiumei is also the 3rd main character in the novel after the female lead and Rensuke.

Anyway, the NOVEL ENDING SCENE:
Yayoi, Yayoi's younger brother, Rensuke and Kazami are sending Xiumei off, back to China, at the airport ^_^

joisuramu

Post by joisuramu » Jun 4th, '10, 07:38

Hi, it's my first time posting here~
I seriously felt SOOOOO much better after reading everybody's thoughts on this dorama. After episode 4 - wait, let me back track, actually even starting from episode 1, I couldn't stand Xui Mei already. It's weird, I usually feel pity for that type of character, but not so this time. I totally think it's Lin Chi Ling that made me dislike that character more and more. I mean, if they want to pick a Chinese actress (since the story starts in Shanghai) pick someone better! There are so many good Chinese actresses out there, I just don't get why they pick her! No doubt she is pretty with long legs, but that's really all she has. Zero acting skills, and haha..i cracked up when someone said she talks like a duck! :D It's so true! No offense to those who loves her...I just think she's totally ruining my kimutaku's love dorama......

So I kept looking forward to the next episode every week. I know deep down in my heart that Maemi's character will step up soon. It's still really disappointing after seeing episode 4! :*( I was like YELLING and SCREAMING at my computer monitor at the very last scene!! I couldn't help it, my roommate thought I was going craZy! I can't believe Renske would fall for HER???!? I mean...the storyline doesn't make sense at all. They barely know each other and they've kissed and hugged already? What's going on? On the other hand, Maemi and Renske knew each other for such a long time ~ I know doramas are sometimes like that so they can fool the audience and twist the story around, but come on, be a little more realistic please?

So after seeing episode 4, I needed to vent out all this to others who share the same point of view as me. That's how I found this discussion :) I enjoyed reading all your thoughts on this dorama. It's really interesting and so far, I'm happy that majority of you guys are rooting for Maemi x Renske!! :D

Initially, I was planning on waking up early to catch the live streaming of episode 5, but.....i don't know anymore. The preview doesn't look promising and not sure if I want to sacrifice sleep for seeing my Kimutaku with that girl... sigh.... what a let down! pissed off!! :(

blackstar

Post by blackstar » Jun 4th, '10, 07:50

just finished watching ep4..
maemi.. =( whoever maemi ended up with.. i just wish her happiness.. love her character so much.. ryoko does a really good job in portraying her emotions.. and i found yuzuki adorable too.. is her character supposed to be annoying? idk but i think she's really cute..
couldnt stand watching linchiling.. the way she acts really pisses me off.. :x i dont know if the character is really supposed to be like that or she's the one who couldnt portray the character well (i guess it's the latter coz i watched red cliff and i hated the character she was playing as well).. she makes xiumei like 17year old girl.. acting cute really doesnt suit her.. keiko does cute 100x better..

yanaliao

Post by yanaliao » Jun 4th, '10, 09:13

Can't help but post...

Thanks for the updates you guys. I'm enjoying the discussion rather than watching the series itself.

canavial

Post by canavial » Jun 4th, '10, 09:35

I'll second that and say that Yanie's doing a wonderful job as thread starter too.

Love Angel

Post by Love Angel » Jun 4th, '10, 09:49

yanie wrote:
Xiumei is also the 3rd main character in the novel after the female lead and Rensuke.

Anyway, the NOVEL ENDING SCENE:
Yayoi, Yayoi's younger brother, Rensuke and Kazami are sending Xiumei off, back to China, at the airport ^_^

woh..I hope that it will be the case in the drama as well..Renuske, Meami and Kazami are sending Xiu Mei off to China XD

well..episode 4 was sad...I don't like how things are going :-(

Anon.

Post by Anon. » Jun 4th, '10, 17:02

yanie wrote:Anon, regarding the Novel-Maemi:
In the novel, there is a character named OONUKI MAEMI, she is the daughter of Oonuki Shogen, the president of MASTPOLE. Oonuki Maemi is the same age as Hazuki Rensuke, and they've known each other since school/college, because their fathers, Shogen and Hazuki Taizo were friends since college. Oonuki Maemi is one of the yaku'in(executive) in Mastpole, but actually just "her name", she didn't really do anything for Mastpole. Maemi's older brother is the shacho (company president/manager/director). And her father, Shogen is the kaicho (president/chairman). Just like Oonuki Yuzuki in the drama, Maemi is quite active in pursuing Rensuke and Rensuke seem very annoyed with her. But just like the drama too, Rensuke and her moments provides worth-to-smile-comedy as in the drama. When Rensuke was going to meet Yayoi, Maemi called him and she said she want to eat dinner together with him and then Rensuke pretend the phone received a bad signal, "A...sor--...bad--...I can't---" and he close and open the speaking holes with his thumb over and over, before he finally hung up^^ Oonuki Maemi in novel = Oonuki Yuzuki in drama.

There's isn't any kind of "Ninomiya Maemi" character in the novel whatsoever. And, there isn't any kind of "Mukumori Yayoi" character in the drama at all. But I think they depict the same presence and has the same importance for Rensuke.
AH! Thank you for the reply! That explains quite a bit. I honestly hope that the novel and the dorama go in a similar direction...though with the major role that Xiu Mei is playing, I honestly doubt it.

I also doubt...since there's approx. three episodes, that unless Rensuke discovers something huge and there's a big confession scene, that there's going to be much between Maemi and Rensuke. So far it seems more like the dorama is based on Maemi understanding her love is hopeless and Kazami is the one there for her. It also seems to bank on Xiu Mei burning off Rensuke's cold exterior. D:

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jun 4th, '10, 18:30

Well after reading all the above posts I feel a little more vindicated about my opinion of Chi Ling which I expressed on another site. I still don't like her or the way she is playing the role of Xui Mei. So There!!!!!!!

Even if she is the one who will evoke sympathy in Rensuke, and even if he begins to warm up to his own softer emotions, I think that will just make him realise that Maemi is right there beside him and has been for all the time. He will not just be grateful for her in a business sense, but will actually see her as an attractive woman.

Of course my brain is also thinking that he will be afraid to get any closer to Xui Mei becaise she is not quite what he needs in a life partner. She is useless in business. She is just a pretty model who is being used to advertise his furniture. so he will turn to Maemi for a life saver and try to get her to be the buffer between him and Xui Mei.

Then eureka....he will see that Maemi is the woman he loves finally. So dopey a guy who is all about cold hard business and at last has love in his neart.

Well they had better do it this way...or else...!! :argue: :argue:

Peggy

SunSama

Post by SunSama » Jun 4th, '10, 21:17

nnnc wrote:Just finished ep3 with sub :salut:

The more I watch this, the more I don't like Xiu Mei and I would be very disappointed if she ends up with Rensuke :(

I don't know whether it's the writing, directing, or the acting. But Xiu Mei is portrayed as too pure and child-like. She's supposed to be a 28-year old woman but she's speaking and acting too much like a child. I really don't understand her.
At the end of ep2 and the beginning of this ep, she wants to get back at Rensuke but now she's writing that she wants to heal and warm his heart?

I can't root for this pairing because I don't feel any love between the two. NONE. I don't think Rensuke love her and I'm confused whether Xiu Mei love/like/or hate Rensuke.
I don't feel a thing watching their love scene and that's the first for me for a Kimura's love scene. Those scenes were dry and blank, even worse than Kimura x Koyuki pairing from Engine. At least I believe Jiro and Tomomi had a feeling for each other.

The beach scene between Kazami and Maemi made the episode, followed by Yuzuki x Rensuke date at the zoo. Being touted as Romance drama, those two scenes are the only scenes in this episode that were romantic and made my heart beat faster. Even Rensuke x Maemi scenes are no longer romantic for me. Those were cute but
I'm tired of seeing Maemi end up with sad face gazing at Rensuke while Rensuke continue to be a jerk and notice nothing from Maemi :(
It's really hard to root for a guy like Rensuke ne. What's with FujiTV this season, it's already bad that you make Nakaji from SunaNare be a jerk, now you even make Kimura's Rensuke to be unlovable as well. If it's not for Kimura, I guess I will hate Rensuke already. But now I just feel....blank. Can't make myself to hate him, but still can't root for him or find him lovable.

I have the same feelings... I do not like the relationship with Xiu Mei and I am getting tired of seeing Rioko as a second one. Not funny! That is why the rating is falling even though is Kimura! I will keep watching it just because is him... unless gets worse.

SunSama

Post by SunSama » Jun 4th, '10, 22:02

L'Arc wrote:
keyhole was quite bad today
KeyHole is always sh!tty. Don't use it unless you want to listen to the radio.
gundam.eu streams are much much better with a high quality bitrate (660k) :thumleft:
I watched the 4th ep today without problems using VLC streaming (WMP is also good).

Please, could you tell me the web page to access gundam.eu ? because Keyhole has been very hectic lately. I was just listening part of the last episode and not watching anything.

Thanks

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jun 4th, '10, 22:06

^ You can google.. last time someone posted it here, the links 'died' in few days ^^,

SunSama

Post by SunSama » Jun 4th, '10, 22:35

I enjoyed very much all your comments and discussions about the characters than the drama itself at this point.

I am so upset and frustrated with the whole Shu Mei relationship. I do not like her for Resuke and I hope Maemi will be at the end with him. I still think so! The only reason I am still watching is because Kimura, but this is too much.

I don't know why everyone here is saying that it is a 7 episode drama when D-addicts show 10 episodes. Therefore there are still 6 more episodes to go.

There are still some misteries to reveal, like the four coins that it is related to Maemi in some way, and why he is acting like a total ass. I do not think Maemi is going to end up with Shota at all but, maybe, the relationship between them will be the point breaking for Resuke to realize what he really feels for Maemi. Who knows at least I hope so... lol!

Do you know that this is the lowest rating (15.5%) in any Kimura-drama since 1997. Let's wait for next episode how it goes!

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jun 4th, '10, 23:05

Lin Chi-ling interview in Mezamashi's "Aiko no Aitai YOU" corner:

According to Kitagawa Keiko's interview in the official web abt future story:
"Kazami's dark side will be revealed more esp. in Ep5-6 it'll have a big turning development, and please pay attention to his relationship with Rensuke and Maemi."
And I translated a particular scene in the novel. My favorite^^

Rensuke and Yayoi's encounter scene:
http://yanie02.livejournal.com/104399.html#cutid1

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jun 5th, '10, 18:21

Yanie,
It's interesting to see the differences between the book and the drama. I wonder who decided to change things around. Is it so that they can have certain actors in the cast? Do they read the book and then decide that it doesn't fit their ideas of how the characters should look or talk or how the whole story should move and end?
Very interesting to read the translation. Your translations are always so good and so helpful. thanks.

Peggy

watashiwachiaki

Post by watashiwachiaki » Jun 5th, '10, 22:57

just finished ep 2 so I dont think I can keep up with your discussion.

anyway, I voted "Nobody" in the poll :P dunno.. KimuTaku's character doesnt seem to be the type who'll hav a lasting relationship XD
Lin Chi Ling and KimuTaku do look good together tho =D
I liked her in Red Cliff :wub:

======
EDIT:
btw, in the dramawiki page, why isnt Mitsushima Hikari's name listed?
I know her character in Tsuki no koibito is minor but, isnt she making a name with Love Exposure & Bloody Monday?
just curiousity

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jun 6th, '10, 00:03

Peggy wrote:Yanie,
It's interesting to see the differences between the book and the drama. I wonder who decided to change things around. Is it so that they can have certain actors in the cast? Do they read the book and then decide that it doesn't fit their ideas of how the characters should look or talk or how the whole story should move and end?
Very interesting to read the translation. Your translations are always so good and so helpful. thanks.

Peggy
Peggy, I've posted abt this at another forum. But I'll talk about it again here.

I do think the making of this drama is kind of all over the place.

I've read about this in the novel writer's blog. In the beginning, 6 months before, in November 2009, the FujiTV producer, Goto, approached a talented, award-winning, young mystery suspense novel writer, Michio Shusuke, to write a love story novel, to be made into a drama later. Michio has never write a love story before, so he was surprised that the producer approached him for this project. But he was interested. Then, the producer asked him to write the story based on the producer's request of what kind of story, what kind of character, what he wants Michio to write or not write. Michio wrote the story based on the orders. When he re-read the story, he said, it's like reading another writer's story, even the title was not decided by him. But he said he had fun. And then when the drama was announced, the producer told him that the drama's story will be largely changed. Although he didn't say anything about this, but I can feel from his writing in his blog that he was kinda surprised to hear about it, but of course he couldn't complain. And then the way he said, "FYI, I was not the one who came up with the title," sounded like he doesn't like the title XD

And then, from there... based on rumors, FujiTV approached Miyazaki Aoi, Ayase Haruka and Kitagawa Keiko for the heroine role. In the novel, Yayoi is 25 years old and Rensuke is 34 years old. So in the beginning, I think they were going to stick with the novel's heroine character. But Aoi and Ayase rejected the offer, not sure abt Keiko.

(FYI, there were also rumors that actually Keiko was suppose to be casted as one of the main cast in Sunao ni Narenakute. But then since Kimura said, "I think Kitagawa would be good as the female lead,". And so, Keiko was pulled to "TsukiKoi" instead.)

Then, they tried to persuade Shinohara Ryoko to participate in this drama, but she refused saying she's married and is a mother, she does not suit a role in a sweet lovey-dovey love story. And then the rumor says, the creative team changed the story to a more adult love story and that's what made Shinohara agreed to join this. Probably Rensuke and Yayoi's love story in the novel is too sweet, so they had to create a new character, Maemi, for Shinohara XD

At the end of the novel book, the writer said although he wrote the story based on FujiTV's request and orders, due to FujiTV's circumstances they had to largely modify the story esp. the heroine character. He also said he doesn't know anything about the drama's ending yet.

After I read the novel more, I HATE Xiumei in the novel more than the one in the drama >_< Everytime she came onto the scene it became angsty, such a dark and weak character(she has alot of crying scenes) and she had to hurt Yayoi, just to make herself feel better and she did it in purpose.... such a 'iya na onna', reminds me of one the female character in 'Sunao ni Narenakute' XD I think Asano Taeko, the drama writer, has put much effort to make Xiumei a more likeable character.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jun 6th, '10, 00:56

thank you Yanie for the post. I remember now that I read this on the other link. I don't talk about this drama now on that thread. I was not happy at something. However I go there for other items.

Well I must say that if I were the original writer I would be a bit peeved at all the changes. Not that it would be terrible as there would have been payment for services. However the written words had to be brought out of the mind and it is like a painting..part baby and close to your heart. It will be interesting how it gets solved for the final episode.

I have come to think that everyone in the cast of this drama is a competent or even splendid actor. They all fit their roles and know how to make them into real people. Even tho Kimura does not like Rensuke, he is playing him at just the right level. The one who sticks out is Chi Ling. She really is a bad actor still. She needs to play a lot of small supporting roles before being given such a large and pivotal role in any drama. It is because she is 'acting out' her role instead of being the character. It's as though she is in an amateur production in a small theatre. I don't know how to explain it otherwise but she is not up to the standard for this role. Yes she is a good model..thin and tall and long legs. That in itself does not make an actress.

Peggy

scattie

Post by scattie » Jun 6th, '10, 15:35

Rensuke, open your eyes, ditch Xiu Mei and grabs Maemi stat! Otherwise I'm going full fledged as Kazami x Maemi shipper yo! :'D

Kazami wiggles his way out..what a cutie xD

They coined him as the mysterious guy, but I feel he's more relax and just be his normal self whenever he's with Maemi.

Mirokujin

Post by Mirokujin » Jun 6th, '10, 21:32

scattie wrote:Rensuke, open your eyes, ditch Xiu Mei and grabs Maemi stat! Otherwise I'm going full fledged as Kazami x Maemi shipper yo! :'D

Kazami wiggles his way out..what a cutie xD

http://img32.imageshack.us/i/kazami5.jpg
http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/6391/kazami5.jpg
http://img176.imageshack.us/i/kazamimaemi.jpg
http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/4918/kazamimaemi.jpg

They coined him as the mysterious guy, but I feel he's more relax and just be his normal self whenever he's with Maemi.
cute :wub:

Although I've lost my interest in this drama (the two main characters don't attract me at all), I still enjoy to watch kazama and maemi.

nnnc

Post by nnnc » Jun 6th, '10, 23:53

yanie wrote: And then, from there... based on rumors, FujiTV approached Miyazaki Aoi, Ayase Haruka and Kitagawa Keiko for the heroine role. In the novel, Yayoi is 25 years old and Rensuke is 34 years old. So in the beginning, I think they were going to stick with the novel's heroine character. But Aoi and Ayase rejected the offer, not sure abt Keiko.

(FYI, there were also rumors that actually Keiko was suppose to be casted as one of the main cast in Sunao ni Narenakute. But then since Kimura said, "I think Kitagawa would be good as the female lead,". And so, Keiko was pulled to "TsukiKoi" instead.)

Then, they tried to persuade Shinohara Ryoko to participate in this drama, but she refused saying she's married and is a mother, she does not suit a role in a sweet lovey-dovey love story. And then the rumor says, the creative team changed the story to a more adult love story and that's what made Shinohara agreed to join this. Probably Rensuke and Yayoi's love story in the novel is too sweet, so they had to create a new character, Maemi, for Shinohara XD
Just reading your blog, it seems the novel is much much more fun than the drama. Though I really like Ninomiya Maemi (and Shinohara Ryoko) a lot, I think it would be better to have Yayoi as the heroine. I can see Keiko as Yayoi and judging from KimuraxKeiko's chemistry from the first 4 episodes, I think Rensuke x Yayoi would turn out real good on screen too.

I wonder about Keiko though. Why didn't they cast her as Yayoi then instead of going through all troubles of getting Shinohara to agree to join the cast? And the SunaNare rumor is really weird too. What role could she act in SunaNare? Haru? Obviously not. I think the role has been written for Juri from the start. Kiriko and Peach are also too trivial for Keiko. Base on the rumor, Kimura agreed to have Keiko as his female lead, then why didn't Fuji just stick with the novel and cast her to be Yayoi?

I guess FujiTV is trying too much. They want to have big name actress to be Kimura's heroine and they're afraid that Keiko is not yet "big" enough. I think they are totally wrong. True, a drama called Tsuki no Koibito starring Kimura Takuya and Shinohara Ryoko would attract more attention and be more high-profile than Tsuki no Koibito starring Kimura Takuya and Kitagawa Keiko. But I believe they have sacrificed a better story line for it :-(

Anon.

Post by Anon. » Jun 7th, '10, 00:22

Yanie...

I am SO relieved to hear you say that (or read your writing...or...well, you know what I mean. xD)

If FugiTV went THAT far...meaning that they changed the main character, Yayoi, in order to fit with Shinohara's vague guidelines...that (at least to me) means a DEF. ending couple between Maemi and Rensuke...even if that doesn't actually guarantee it. But it's increased my hopes enough that I actually want to re-watch episodes 1-4 (I did actually finish watching 2-4)

ANYWAYS. I'm totally looking forward (for some reason...I always want to stick a random 'e' in the middle of that word) to episode 5. And in regards to the episode number thing...I also thought it was 10 episodes...so I'm also confused why people on here seem to think it's seven...if someone wouldn't mind clarifying?

fayewolf

Post by fayewolf » Jun 7th, '10, 21:27

I cried with Maemi watching episode 4. Her eyes can talk, I feel her pain, and yes, it's very painful. *weeps*

This is really a very sad episode. Xiu Mei is so annoying.

Iris Zephyr

Post by Iris Zephyr » Jun 8th, '10, 01:01

Ratings for Tsuki no Koibito Episode 5 is...

...17.4%! :D It went up!

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jun 8th, '10, 03:07

Anoo... minna, after Ep5, I'm seriously considering to drop this drama :unsure:
First of all, yes... because of the lack of love for my OTP. At this point, even if they do end up together, it won't make any sense anymore.

Second of all, seriously, are Rensuke and Xiumei shippers satisfied with the way they treated this couple in Ep5??
Rensuke was violent to her and her bestfriend. What's with that violent attitude towards Ming?? It's almost like Rensuke is an elementary school boy. And he was way too harsh to her in that scene. But then at another time, he suddenly asked her to marry him :blink: Seriously?? He act like a selfish, spoiled 10 year old boy now. This is NOT the Rensuke I love in the novel T_T
And Maemi...
Somehow I started to feel irritated to see her sad faces now. I don't know.... just felt like, why must you keep showing that sad face, Maemi?? It's time for you to get up and fight!! This is not the Maemi I know from Ep1. I blame the writer for this. I love KazaEmi, but it's obvious now that Kazami is just using her. Doesn't seem like there's any guy who would love her sincerely. Even Rensuke kept saying, "Ninomiya, think of the new CM concept idea!" to her. I feel quite upset that my most favorite character is being mistreated, either by the other characters or by the writer.

Oh, it's nice that Xiumei finally realized Maemi's feelings for Rensuke... but seriously, you realized that just now, Xiumei?? XD

I'm sorry, I have lost my faith in Rensuke and Maemi... Rensuke is the least character I like now. The way I see it, comparing with the novel's story and predicting where the drama's story direction gonna go....
I think, Rensuke will end up with Xiumei. As the preview showed, Xiumei will go back to Shanghai, and then Rensuke will chase after her to Shanghai, and happy end.

There is 1 thing that the drama-Xiumei "stole" from the novel-Yayoi. Her closeness and relationship with the restaurant master and the regular costumer and how they're cheering her relationship with Rensuke. In the novel, that's suppose to be Yayoi's thing... she frequently goes to a Hokkaido foods restaurant (Hokkaido is her hometown) and there, she's very close with the master and the regular costumers, and somehow Rensuke become close as well with them, many things happened there and the master were rooting for Rensuke and Yayoi to be together, but there were lots misunderstandings that creates hillarious moments.

In the drama, it is the Chinese restaurant, of course Xiumei's hometown. And from the preview, since Xiumei told Rensuke she's going back to Shanghai, I can see it clearly that he will chase after her to Shanghai. Just like how Rensuke chased after Yayoi to Hokkaido (and helped Yayoi's grandparents to grow melons).

I was a bit happy to see Maemi playing with the fireworks, with Rensuke next to her. But Rensuke and Yayoi's fireworks scene in the novel has more great deep, meaningful dialogues, which were totally different than this scene in the drama.

Oh yes, a few posts ago someone here predicted smth about Yuzuki! Wow, it came true! Sugoi^^
You said, you won't be surprise if Yuzuki can back down suddenly and gladly support Rensuke with whoever. Well, Yuzuki had sincerely rooting on for RenXiu in this episode, lol.

Moreover, for a drama that is labeled as a 'genuine love story', I can't feel much of the romance... there's really not much romance, for me. Well, most probably becoz the couple I'm rooting for is not happening, I guess XD Probably, what the rumors said that Shinohara Ryoko refuse to take the role as Kimura Takuya's lover is true :(

I'm very sorry to fellow RenMi shippers. I quit being one XD Of course I'll be happy if they do end up together at the end. But I have a strong feeling that it won't make sense anymore.

I will stop making screencaps and transcripts for the rest of the episodes. I'm very sorry XD

But, I will continue reading the book and translate/summarize it ^_^
Rensuke and Yayoi is my OTP now^^

delaciel

Post by delaciel » Jun 8th, '10, 09:12

^ *long siiigh* after read your comment, now I absolutely have no intention to continue watching the series T_T LOL

Issy

Post by Issy » Jun 8th, '10, 09:40

delaciel wrote:^ *long siiigh* after read your comment, now I absolutely have no intention to continue watching the series T_T LOL
same here :-(

delaciel

Post by delaciel » Jun 8th, '10, 09:47

^ and what make it worst is that this drama is the only drama this season that I've been following each week.... LOL damn it, I should've following other series as well XD

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jun 8th, '10, 09:51

Synopsis for Ep6:
Just right after Rensuke proposed Xiumei, REGOLITH factory caused an accident, and a little boy is injured. Rensuke visit the boy at the hospital, but his parents won't forgive him.

Maemi found out Rensuke's proposal to Xiumei. But then, Kazami asked Maemi's help to find out Xiumei's answer. (what!?)

Maemi talked to Xiumei. And apparently Xiumei has accepted Rensuke's proposal, but she still cannot wipe out her feeling of distrust towards Rensuke. She told Maemi, about how he separated her from Ming, her bestfriend. Furthermore, Xiumei said, that the only person who can support Rensuke and understand him fully is only Maemi.

Meanwhile, Yuzuki is worried about Rensuke's situation. His father Shogen told her to give up Rensuke, and said that rather than Rensuke, Yuzuki would look more compatible with Kazami. (yappari... Oonuki Shogen and Kazami, ne...) Yuzuki started to doubt his father's intention. (so, Kazami is trying to get close to Yuzuki now?? Looks like so, in the preview, lol. This is getting ridiculous.)

REGOLITH's sales has decreases sharply. And in this situation, Kijihata who had been so loyal, is....
Maa, I'll keep watching just to laugh at the story, I guess :P

delaciel, I'd recommend Yabe Kenzo and Shinzanmono :lol There's really not much good romantic J-dramas lately.

delaciel

Post by delaciel » Jun 8th, '10, 09:59

^ yes...yes... I've been thinking to watch Shinzanmono too~~~ maybe I'll start watch it soon since I'm in the middle of long holiday~~~ LOL (I'm in the middle of 'finishing' "Mama wa Mukashi Papa datta" now~~~) ;p

lvtk

Post by lvtk » Jun 8th, '10, 12:04

I have tried not to bias to all characters.. but have to admit that I really don't want the story has been progressed the way it is. I haven't watched epi 5 but from Yanie's comments..ahh.. I may not surprise anymore if the rating is going down from now on. I wonder if the director is satisfied with the outcome and responses from viewers. It's sad that the coming back of Kimura's love that everyone is waiting for seems to be out of the way..way too far now. Even Kimura and Shinohara can't save it.

Yeah.. I am disappointed to the marriage proposal... really :-(

bérangère

Post by bérangère » Jun 8th, '10, 12:49

I personally still have faith !
I'm still hoping that the golden rule of japanese love stories will apply, I mean, the rule that says "the couple who kisses too early in the drama won't last until the end of the drama".
If you look at the classic pattern of a japanese love story, it can't be easy, and the biggest problems will come up just two episodes from the end of the drama. If there is 7 episodes, we're right on the timing.
On the 5th, Rensuke proposes the "other" woman, and at the end of the episode, something wrong happens to his company.
We still have the 6th episode to describe the struggles of the company, that will go worse and worse, while the "really bad guys" will finally get revealed and the "really good guys" will do their best to support the leads.
I hope that Rensuke will realize that Shuu Mei is useless and Maemi fights for him, with a big climax at the end of the 6th episode, for everything to be resolved during the last episode.

I thought there would be a "Maemi decides to try to get out with Kazami and Rensuke realizes his feelings being jealous" part, but it seems it won't happen, Maemi having to be drunk for Kazami to manage to get a kiss... it seems she will be faithfull till the end...
I also thought Shuu Mei would betray Rensuke and that the one who would help him at that moment would be Maemi, but it seems too that it won't happen...
Well, that said, it seems that I have not been really good at predictions until now...

But I still have faith ! Fuji Tv can't disappoint so much people ! Yes ! It won't happen ! Will it ? :-(

Anon.

Post by Anon. » Jun 8th, '10, 15:50

Oh great. :hissy:

After reading Yanie's summary of episode 5 and the preview of episode 6...totally NOT wanting to keep up with the series. And that rumor...wow. This drama is totally being killed for me. From love to hate to love...and now worry -- this drama has totally been a rollercoaster of emotions for me. I think I'm still going to finish the series...due to a slight, remote chance that Maemi and Rensuke might still end up together. But I won't keep my fingers crossed. :-(

@ bérangère:I was totally thinking/hoping that for the last two-three episodes. But now...I'm starting to wonder a bit. D: But of course, the possibility of it coming true is the only reason I'm watching right now.

======
Does anyone else wonder what happened to Xiu Mei's revenge plans? Non-existent if you ask me.

I seriously hope the ratings drop majorly, if Xiu Mei and Rensuke really do get together.
====
On a side note, to those wanting to watch Shinzanmono....I've been keeping up with it and I must say...I honestly love it. But look at it more as a human drama rather than a crime drama or I can almost guarantee that you won't like it. :thumleft:

On another side note, it seems that NONE of my favorite pairings are ending up together...including Shinzanmono. =.=' Bah.

trasuachieumua

Post by trasuachieumua » Jun 8th, '10, 15:59

bérangère:
Just want to say 'thanks you' because of this
I personally still have faith !
I'm still hoping that the golden rule of japanese love stories will apply, I mean, the rule that says "the couple who kisses too early in the drama won't last until the end of the drama".
Maybe it will not become true but when I read that 'you still have faith' I want to say "thanks you so much" :P

I feel better after reading it now :P

All my evening passed with a lot of questions about this drama (and I was busy at my listening class but coud do anything right @@) such as: why why why why why why why ... (many "why" ne :lol )

- If the script writer could write a lovely character like Maemi, why she wrote a bad character like Xiu Mei? @@
- If she wrote a bad character like Xiu Mei, why she took her to Rensuke but not Maemi? @@
- If in the begining of this drama, the script writer didn't have intention to make Rensuke and Maemi together, why she made Maemi and Rensuke's moment was so sweet and Meami was so cool? @@
Why why why why why why ........ :cry:

Every week, my feeling goes from hopefull, worry, hopeless to hopefull again. And it was my first experience when watching a drama. (funny but not now T_____T)
Not because it was bad or good drama just because of one person and now this person is very disappointed too T_______T (I can't do everything for my own mood so what I can do for him *sigh*)

And above all of this, I feel pity for the story, because in the third ep (and some scene of ep 4), I thought that was a beautiful and touching love story. It was not important to see who will be with whom. I just watched it and remembered some of my memories, about love and everything in my past. It made me feel touching, very touching. But now, the story, because of some ridiculous reasons, became more and more unacceptable.

I feel angry and pity for Kimura san, Shinohara san (if the rumour that Fuji TV changed the script for her opinion is wrong), Keiko chan, Shota and Chi Ling too.
Maybe, Chi Ling is not a good actress but I think she tried all her best, and I can't hate her for that point.

The 1st time it seem that I will hate the script writer (I never take care of the script writer and the drama good or not before, I just chose to watch or not watch a drama and never mind about it's bad or good script heheeh)
Last edited by trasuachieumua on Jun 8th, '10, 16:38, edited 4 times in total.

ElizabethIII

Post by ElizabethIII » Jun 8th, '10, 16:22

I can't believe people cannot rise above their disliking of an actress (I'm not crazy about the actress playing Xiumei either, by the way) and go with what the drama negotiates. The character of Xiumei ,dramatically speaking, is very interesting (and the writers should spend some more time developing it). She's the one who humanises a man who lives as one disengaged from his own sensibility (credit to the writer on the Moon Lovers channel at V. for this). If Rensuke ends up with Maemi, the whole series would have been one long exercise in pointlessness. Only if the makers had shot a completely different drama, and the viewers were watching a completely different drama, could an end where Maemi and Ren walk into the sunset holding hands, be justified. One thing is certain, it cannot be a remotely plausible end to this drama. Maemi should be (is) a character with her own dramatic weight (also, all credit for this thought to the same writer on V.). She drives the narrative without needing to 'end up' with anybody, her own relationship to a Ren who's in love and her developing friendship with Xiumei are powerful enough elements to keep this character away from the usual 'second fiddle' role. Rensuke's transformation, which is the main theme of the drama, comes about because of Xiumei not because of Maemi, and he's clearly in love (madly so) with Xiumei. He's not somebody who just has exchanged a few kisses with Xiumei, but somebody who's finding himself emotionally awakened for the first time (we are lead to believe) in his life (by the way, in the few Japanese dramas I've watched, the main couple, thankfully, kisses quite early on, and it is the past love,relationship or attachment that breaks off, i.e., gets its long overdue closure. This is what should happen to Maemi) here, she should get her closure and liberate herself). No love such as Ren has come to have for Xiumei (and I repeat, this is a man who's good at suppressing all emotional responses) can be transferred to another half way through a series [especially when it required such tremendous effort on Rensuke's part to acknowledge this love, in the first place] without making the whole drama look, feel and sound ridiculous and pointless. So I hope the script stays true to its own structure and theme, and ignores all those faxes (whose main motive is clearly the dislike of an actress, the worst, most shallow reason to revise a script). The suggestion that Xiumei should die and Ren should lose everything in order to end up with Maemi (raising his and Xiumei's child at the back of some furniture shop in Shanghai) is simply one of those standard, awfully schmaltzy, plot overmanipulations, dramas should avoid like the plague.

simoneaw88

Post by simoneaw88 » Jun 8th, '10, 17:34

I agree!!! I've been reading this forum since I started watching this drama and I've been feeling like I'm the only supporter of Rensuke and Xiu Mei. I get that Maemi most probably the one who understands Rensuke the most, but since the first episode there's a lot of little details between Rensuke's interaction with Xiu Mei that shows he treats her differently.

In the 1st episode, he barely makes eye contact even when he's firing his employee. But at the construction site he took off his sunglasses to talk to her. He's pretty much a cleanliness freak, dissing Xiu Mei twice when her face was rammed onto the car windows and at the construction site. But he still went to find her at the construction site when she disappeared despite the rain and the fact that he could have just dispatched someone to get her back before convincing her to stay. And he doesn't really like it when people invade his personal space. Most of the time it's Maemi and that other girl who would initiate the close contact. But he initiated the hug with Xiu Mei saying those drop-dead words "I want you." [I love love Kimura!!]

And by 2nd episode, it's clear that only Xiu Mei throws him off his game, can't keep his emotions in check - basically becoming more humanized. He smokes his cigarette every time he's troubled with something that involves her; at the dumpling eatery, the pimping dinner, after Kazami suggests sending her back to Shanghai. [I for one think this is one of the few dramas you'd think his lungs aren't coated with tar] He gets all possessive in episode 5 from the way he looks at her sleeping, putting his arm around her, it seemed like he was a little pissed about having her do Ming's laundry.

Besides, I think by episode 4 it was pretty obvious Rensuke and Maemi won't happen unless the scriptwriter decides to go with the public opinion and suddenly hit the brakes. Rensuke doesn't seem jealous or anything when he thought Maemi and Kazami were dating, when he thought the onigiri was from her he wasn't particularly touched and he didn't assume that she might be in love with him. I think he really sees her as a good friend and doesn't even consider the possibility of something more.

Reading some comments of how Kimura himself plays a part in the production, the fact that he specifically chose Lin Chi Ling for this role and her bigger pay role makes her seem like the female lead. Plus, the titles of the episodes are all about Rensuke and Xiu Mei. Most people are complaining how they're gonna hate the show if he doesn't end up with Maemi, but from an objective point of view I'd hate it even more if the scriptwriters let him fall out of love suddenly and make up some crappy get together between Rensuke and Maemi in the remaining 2 episodes. The whole drama would be a total waste of time, not to mention a ridiculous development for the 3 characters that does them no justice.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jun 8th, '10, 19:06

delaciel wrote:^ and what make it worst is that this drama is the only drama this season that I've been following each week.... LOL damn it, I should've following other series as well XD
Watch Mother instead. You won't regret it.

Sakuya

Post by Sakuya » Jun 8th, '10, 20:20

I also wonder what happened to Xiu Mei's revenge plans. I think that's a problem on the writers and not the actress though. But hey, wouldn't you like it if Rensuke ended up with no one? Come on, there's a chance! XD

chriskun

Post by chriskun » Jun 8th, '10, 20:33

This Drama is getting good!!! Ryoko is the best!!! :thumright: ....The chinese girl...well I am very happy that she is trying really hard in speaking japanese, but her voice is getting me sick :crazy: hahahahaha

Orenjideizu

Post by Orenjideizu » Jun 8th, '10, 21:14

I think the drama is not too bad, but I am also wondering about Xiumei's revenge plans. I just don't think her character makes any sense at all. You can't understand why she acts the way she does - why does she fall in love with Rensuke at all? In one episode, she wants to take revenge, half an hour later she writes about warming up his heart. It would have made sense to me if she just makes him fall in love with her to finally break his heart, but obviously this is not the plot. So I just can't really figure out this charakter.

chriskun

Post by chriskun » Jun 8th, '10, 21:18

Orenjideizu wrote:I think the drama is not too bad, but I am also wondering about Xiumei's revenge plans. I just don't think her character makes any sense at all. You can't understand why she acts the way she does - why does she fall in love with Rensuke at all? In one episode, she wants to take revenge, half an hour later she writes about warming up his heart. It would have made sense to me if she just makes him fall in love with her to finally break his heart, but obviously this is not the plot. So I just can't really figure out this charakter.
I agree with you...but who knows maybe they want to make it complicated to leave us mysterious and making the drama even more interesting!! :D

Orenjideizu

Post by Orenjideizu » Jun 8th, '10, 21:21

chriskun wrote:I agree with you...but who knows maybe they want to make it complicated to leave us mysterious and making the drama even more interesting!! :D
Yeah, hopefully :D Btw, is next week the last episode?!

el_lady

Post by el_lady » Jun 8th, '10, 23:28

I just came to this conclusion that what if Xui Mei and Kazami have been working together all along to bring down Rensuke? He did say he was on their side when he chase after Ming.

Orenjideizu

Post by Orenjideizu » Jun 8th, '10, 23:49

el_lady wrote:I just came to this conclusion that what if Xui Mei and Kazami have been working together all along to bring down Rensuke? He did say he was on their side when he chase after Ming.
That would make the whole story just AWESOME in my opinion *__*

iyakamae

Post by iyakamae » Jun 9th, '10, 00:17

I've been trying and trying, but I feel as though they are trying to squeeze in a lot of content in what feels like a very short drama.
I also don't know if they are trying to over complicate the story, or maybe in my mind I've made the story more complicated, but it seems less romance more complex corporate revenge drama.
Seems as though the show will be wrapping up pretty soon, which will be good. This is the first drama with Takuya Kimura that I haven't been at the edge of my seat on. Sorta disappointing to be honest.

joisuramu

Post by joisuramu » Jun 9th, '10, 00:21

hmm....the subs is out for episode 5, but I'm worry to watch it. After reading all the comments on how disappointing it was...I'm thinking of waiting for the whole drama to be over and watch it as a whole later. That way, hopefully it might make more sense?!? Waiting every week for a new *disappointing* episode is not fun at all. My mood goes up and down like a roller-coaster ride heading for the dead end. Where's the love in this drama? I'm only feeling sadness and confusion.....

How should I put it...I think the scriptwriter/director purposely stirred up all the hate the audience have for Xiu Mei. Because there's always a sad Maemi moment every time Resuke and Xiu Mei are together. This is enough to convince me that they WANT us to feel this way. But it's already Ep. 5 and I'm still not seeing the twist to the story. As some of you have mentioned, even if Resuke and Maemi finally end up together in the last episode, it wouldn't make sense! That is true, I don't think they can satisfied me if they put them together at the very last 10 min before it ends. No, that won't be nice.

Shinohara Ryoko has been a famous actress for a long time, right? I actually haven't seen her in other dramas before this one, but she proved to me that she IS good at acting. I also haven't seen Lin Chi Ling act before this drama either, but now I know she can't act at all. That doesn't mean she won't get better in the future. Everyone suck at what they do in the beginning. My point is, do you think the whole japan would be happy/satisfied to have LCL (a rookie in acting industry) as the main lead over Ryoko? It's not bias or anything, but comparatively, Ryoko is famous and can act. On the other hand, this random model from a foreign country is not as famous and can't act. It wouldn't make sense. Oh what about the other girl? I know she's famous in Japan too, but for some reason, she seem to be out of the picture starting from ep.2 onward. There must be more to this..... I'm not convinced yet! Come on Fuji, time to show us what you've got! (haha..i'll laugh at myself for thinking too much if this IS really everything they've got....)[/list][/list][/spoiler]

L'Arc

Post by L'Arc » Jun 9th, '10, 00:30

Seems like everyone's hoping for a Long Vacation-ish ending but that's just impossible now lol
I'm still enjoying this drama even though i hate Xiu Mei but, the preview for ep6 got me worried :S

delaciel

Post by delaciel » Jun 9th, '10, 01:38

Well....well.... everyone seems have their own opinion.... For me, after read all the comment, this time I'm really going to wait until all episodes are up and watch this drama.... 8) LOL I'm still have no clue, how many episodes are left now? Because, I don't think this is going to be an 11 episodes drama (maybe it will ended up in 7th/8th episode like MR. Brain? because it started kinda' late)~~~~
seirin wrote:
delaciel wrote:^ and what make it worst is that this drama is the only drama this season that I've been following each week.... LOL damn it, I should've following other series as well XD
Watch Mother instead. You won't regret it.
^ just read the synopsis and it kinda' interesting, I love that type of drama, so maybe I'll watch that too soon~~~~~ ;p thanks~~~~

SunSama

Post by SunSama » Jun 9th, '10, 01:48

I read all comments regarding episode 5, but I don't know why no one has realized that at the end of the episode 5 Xiu Mei says: "she is going back to Shangai"... that means she will [u]not[/u] get married to him.

Now, the idea that Kazami and Xiu Mei are accomplices, it could be really good for the story, and for sure they are both planning something. Either way, Xiu Mei had the idea of revenge since the begining and please have in mind that Rensuke is doing something worse to her everytime.

Rensuke still has his secrets to be revealed and remember those 4 coins have always come to his mind and that has nothing to do with Xiu Mei but with Maemi. [and the way he look at Maemi too]

Someone said in their comments that they like, XiuMei-Rensuke couple together, I understand that she is prett,y but to be honest, the problem I see is that they don't have that Chemistry [For example the kiss in Love Generation with the old girlfriend even though she was not the leading girl, it was passionate] but I feel that Kimura doesn't feel anything for this girl, and also I think she tries to be more like an innocent school girl instead of the factory-working woman that she is supposed to be [she should be tough to deal with factory men].

This story is too slow motion, for example, why we have to see those two girls arm-wrestling like for ten minutes?

I still believe that they story will dramatically change because it doesn't make sense to keep track of Maemi's feelings and sadness [and make you cry for her] and to know that Rensuke at the end is always counting on her, so therefore, I am positive to say that at the end Rensuke and Maemi will end up together!

:cheers:

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jun 9th, '10, 01:53

I have always been a devoted Kimura admirer. I always thought he was a much better actor than some people thought. Now I feel that he has been boxed up in a role that does not suit him even if he acts the role well. Yes he is supposed to be a hard s.o.b CEO with no regard for anyone who does not do his bidding. However. his apparent disregard for Maimi does not make sense. She is his best contractor who seems to work for him exclusively. He seems to expect this without really giving her any respect. As for the 'passionate' love affair with Xui Mei...heaven help us if this coupling has any spark at all. They are like a couple of cold fish. I don't think he loves her and he is still just using her to keep her working as the model for the company.I think she amuses him. If I am wrong, then for me, that means this drama is not well done. She is such an inexperienced actor that she does not bring anything to the drama except that childish voice and apparently no understanding of her character. Is she supposed to be innocent?? She pops off to bed at the drop of Rensuke's coat. She certainly is not flustered or shy, as would usually be shown. if she were innocent.... I can't see this being a romance through to the end of the drama.
I don't know if Rensuke will find his heart with Maimi but he does not like her to be with Kazami for sure. That is too possessive for someone without any feelings don't you think? Maybe they will get together in the end. When is the end?? Seven or ten episodes?? A quite irritating series of episodes so far.

peg

SunSama

Post by SunSama » Jun 9th, '10, 02:05

Peggy... it suppose to be 10 episodes and ends by July 12 because on July 19 starts "Natsu no Koi wa Niji-iro ni Kagayaku" (Summer Love Shines in Rainbow color)
with Matsumoto Jun and Takeuchi Yuko.

chriskun

Post by chriskun » Jun 9th, '10, 02:07

oh god!!!... i read somewhere that there are going to be 11 ep....is the drama getting better??... :D because i havent watched the new episode because i need the subs, i still dont fully understand japanese....

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jun 9th, '10, 02:44

joisuramu wrote:hmm....the subs is out for episode 5, but I'm worry to watch it. After reading all the comments on how disappointing it was...I'm thinking of waiting for the whole drama to be over and watch it as a whole later. That way, hopefully it might make more sense?!?
That may be the right thing to do, indeed. I agree that that way, the story might make more sense, lol. But its better if you don't get your hopes up, though :P

About episodes, rumors in 2ch says it will be 8 episodes. The finale episode will air on the week right before the new drama start. (it means there will be no hiatus weeks for getsuku slot in-between spring drama and summer drama) Which means, again, the finale episode will air on July 5th, according to the rumor.

最終章 (saishuushou) at the preview means "the last chapter". Different than 最終回 (saishuukai; last episode). I don't know what this really means, but this is what the fans in 2ch has been saying: "I'm surprised Chapter 2 is only for 1 episode(Ep5)! Next week is already The Last Chapter? So the last chapter will have 3 episodes?".

I don't get what they mean, but it's like they're saying this drama is divided to 3 chapters. Chapter 1 - Ep1-4, Chapter 2 - Ep5, Last Chapter - Ep6-8.

Maybe....
Chapter 1 = Rensuke & Xiumei love story
Chapter 2 = transition of feelings; turn of development
Last Chapter = Rensuke & Maemi love story (mwahaha, I'm dreaming here)

I don't think it has anything to do with the book though. The book has 7 chapters and an epilogue.

And for those who love Rensuke & Xiumei's love story, I'm very, very glad. That means FujiTV's effort has not been totally wasted, if there are people who's rooting for Xiumei ^_^ And yes, you are right... after this, if they make Rensuke end up with Maemi in the last episode, it won't make sense anymore, that is exactly why I quit being a RenMi shipper. Around Ep3, it can still make sense if RenMi end up together, coz I was still hoping Rensuke was only using Xiumei and hide his true feelings for Maemi. But after Ep4-5 its obvious that he loves Xiumei.... its too late to turn everything around now, or else everything doesn't make sense anymore.

That's exactly why I said I have lost faith in Rensuke and Maemi. Not because I don't believe anymore that they'll end up together, as a matter of fact, I think the possibility for RenMi to happen is still 50-50, after I read Ep6 synopsis:
Although Xiumei KNOWS Maemi loves Rensuke, she told Maemi she has accepted the proposal straight to Maemi's face. At the same time, she also told Maemi she still can't trust Rensuke completely, and that she think only Maemi who can support and understand Rensuke. Hhh.... wake wakaranai onna, Xiumei wa... but I think it is one of the direction where Xiumei might finally let Maemi have Rensuke in the end. As ridiculous that is.
But then I don't 'believe' in "Rensuke-Maemi" pairing anymore. It just won't make sense anymore.

Oh well, here's for the novel lovers.

GetsuKoi The Novel: The Party Incident
http://yanie02.livejournal.com/106486.html

anotherfan

Post by anotherfan » Jun 9th, '10, 02:49

Interesting. I'm not really sure what the twist will be but I still am not convinced that Rensuke will end up with Xiu Mei- it's just way too easy. But as much as I was rooting for RenMi, I really just don't think they are compatible at all. Even if she supposedly knows him better than another one else, I don't think that's enough for a good relationship or that he's the one for her. I wish she would grow more of a backbone and actually be a strong character - the pining and sadness over Rensuke is really getting annoying too (not as annoying as XM but getting there). I really wanted her to be a stronger character. I think Ryoko is doing the best that she can with what she's been given. I do hope that she can be liberated out from under Rensuke. She deserves at least that much.

I don't really know what the heck Rensuke is thinking other than the fact that he's pretty emotionless most of the time except when he gets really angry - borderlining on violent there. He does have some nice moments with XM and I think he does flash genuine smiles towards her, but he also treats her like crap the other half of the time. He really just doesn't appreciate her. I'd be pretty darn pissed if I were her. Her character isn't all that great in general - even if we strip away her poor acting. I think she's poorly developed. Maybe they do have too much going on at once. I do agree that it shaping up like more of a corporate revenge drama than a romance drama.

I guess I'm not really sure what I want to happen anymore. I guess I'll just see what they give me. I'm not looking for that traditional romance storyline and I'd even be satisfied if the couple I like doesn't get together, but I really do want the storyline to make some sort of sense. I am looking for something different so I think the traditional drama would have RenMi get together in the end. So I'd be ok with that not happening. I hope everything gets better. :) good luck TnK!

kimutaku144

Post by kimutaku144 » Jun 9th, '10, 04:24

Just finished watching ep 5.

I think I won't judge too harsh on the ending of this series, it could be a different one, may not be good or what the audience want. the past few episodes are a bit boring to me, especially when Xiu Mei on screen :blink but the ending of ep 5 sort of lift my excitement again. Honestly I have no expectation anymore, just watching it because I already start it. I hope next Kimutaku drama will be a better one.

Shinzanmono is definetely a better one than this series.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jun 9th, '10, 05:00

delaciel wrote: ^ just read the synopsis and it kinda' interesting, I love that type of drama, so maybe I'll watch that too soon~~~~~ ;p thanks~~~~
The story is well written and all actors performed excellently. Prepare a box of kleenx though.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jun 9th, '10, 05:24

Sun Sama,

I hope that is right about more episodes. That gives the writers a chance to save this story and change things around to at last make this a love story in some way.
It would be impossible in seven episodes.

Peggy

delaciel

Post by delaciel » Jun 9th, '10, 09:35

seirin wrote:
delaciel wrote: ^ just read the synopsis and it kinda' interesting, I love that type of drama, so maybe I'll watch that too soon~~~~~ ;p thanks~~~~
The story is well written and all actors performed excellently. Prepare a box of kleenx though.
hahahaha... I love a drama that can make me run out of kleenx~~~~~~ :P

s_malfoy

Post by s_malfoy » Jun 9th, '10, 09:49

I don't buy the whole, Ren is in love with Xiu Mei still. Why was she sleeping on the couch instead of a bed in the hotel if he was? And the scenes with Maemi...why does he bother about Maemi when Xiu Mei is around. Infact, I think he knows Maemi likes him. Because as soon as Xiu Mei leaks out about the morning breakfast, he stuffs her mouth with food and looks at Maemi. Second at the rood top after having had Yuzuki talk about Xiu Mei when Ren sees Maemi and she presses him on what he really thinks of Xiu Mei, it didn't feel like he wanted to discuss it at first and even asks Maemi why she cares. And then after some time, he says he needs Xiu Mei. Why was there a need for a pause? It seems like he is only saying it because he is being pressed on.

But these scenes just prove some love triangle/square still going on. And its still not definite yet I think. I was a Ren/Maemi shipper..but at this point, I am just so confused that I think there is no love story to begin with since the Ren/Maemi seems not to exist and I just don't believe in the Ren/Xiu Mei pair either. All I know is that Keiko is not going to end up with Kimura's character at this point. I think I have missed a connection or two. Hope it gets resolved.

voldemort

Post by voldemort » Jun 9th, '10, 11:40

s_malfoy wrote:I don't buy the whole, Ren is in love with Xiu Mei still. Why was she sleeping on the couch instead of a bed in the hotel if he was?
Yeah that's super weird.

And also I don't get waht kazami is lookin gfor with Maemi... he seems to always be doing the wrong thing at the worst moment... such as that kiss attempt, or hand touching... so he can't be serious about it... is it only to get a reaction from Rensuke?

japgirl

Post by japgirl » Jun 9th, '10, 12:53

hey my friend introduced me to this link and i decided to post a reply.

firstly i am a japanese staying in tokyo and i love 篠原涼子と木村拓哉. initially i support 真絵美さん because i loved her in UNFAIR. but i think that we japanese should be fair to lin chi ling シュウメイ.

recently there has been a lot of promotion on fuji tv about her and after watching them, i really like her sincerity and her hardworkingness. i know she is trying her best. i think her acting is good and she is very kawaii ne. personally, i would rather rensuke get together with shumei because they look very good together. most of my japanese friends also think that maemi is rather old and doesnt have much chemistry with rensuke. they are good friends only.

hence, i hope that you all will show more support and appreciation for her. i am learning english too and i think it is very difficult for lin chi ling as well. while i know that most japanese would support maemi, a lot of them are turning to support shumei as well. i read rensuke's blog everyday and the comments have said that if rensuke likes her they wish them all the best.

チーリンさん頑張ってください。皆の批評に負けないでほしい!

emily099

Post by emily099 » Jun 9th, '10, 13:08

i am so thanful that finally a japanese has come out to express her opinions about this. i really agree with elizabeth that bashing of an actress just because of personal dislike is disdainful and absolutely disgusting.

i do not love lin chi ling's acting but i cannot deny that she has put so much hardwork in it and for her to have to act in japanese, live in japan and interact with the cast in japanese must mean a lot of hardwork or her part. i think we should give her due credit for it. i think if you have to blame, you should blame the script writer. i believe that he should have developed the character more. but personally, i hope that the directors would not do something so illogical as to suddenly make rensuke like maemi because it would totally destroy the whole storyline of him being a changed person just to appeal to the audience. i believe that a story should stay true to it's original route and not be changed simply because of audience anger. that would make this whole drama a total fiasco.

and i agree that it is obvious that rensuke loves shumei by the way he looks at her and makes little changes for her. i think that shinohara ryoko is an amazing actress. her emotions her sadness her confusion is played out very well. however, as in all dramas, there should be a certain dose of realism in it. in our everyday lives, it is quite evident that the person we are closest to might be the person who understands us best but not the person you might be attracted to. often more than not, we tend to see this person as a great friend. nothing more, nothing less.

that is why this drama to me is brilliant. because it offers me not only soapy love but also a tinge of sadness, tension and most importantly, realism.

lvtk

Post by lvtk » Jun 9th, '10, 14:40

I just watched episode 5. Interesting!!
I am not sure if Ren really falls for Xiu Mei as a true love. It doesn't sound about "love" for me. I would say it was about "a passion affair" because Ren always thinks that there is no one "wanting" him either his mother or friends. Only Xiu Mei expressed her feeling of caring toward him by her diary (although it might be only her revenge plan), or by saying about bringing him happiness, or by making Onigiri for him. As the result, he thought "That's it, someone wants me." He seems to have his hesitation of saying "love" to Xiu Mei but instead he said "I want you" or when he told Maemi that "I don't want to be separated from her" or "I can't let go of her." Does that sound love? It sounds afraid of being abandoned to me. He wants to hold on to someone (Xiu Mei) or something (Regolith) so he can feel his existence, most of all, feel to be loved by someone, which it is lacking in his life.

Unlike Xiu Mei, Maemi has never told him directly that she cares about him but she instead keeps "protecting" him indirectly only as “a long time friend”. Ren may not “love” Maemi but he may think she doesn’t love him either. So, that may answer why their relationship has been limited to at a stage of friend so far. However, he seems not wanting Xiu Mei says something about him and her together out loud especially in front of Maemi. (that’s why he pushed food in her mouth..LOL). Is he shy or embarrassed for that if he really loves Xiu Mei (I mean "a true love" if this dram is about love.)? I don’t think so. He often observed Maemi's expression often time as if he wanted to know what she was thinking, especially when the topic was about Xiu Mei and him. For some reasons, I still feel that he cares about her feelings somehow (such as his arguing with her in the restaurant about cooking). Well, at least he told her to try more on her cooking when he thought she made that Onigiri. It’s funny when he called her “old lady”, it sounds a couple who has been living together for years!! LOL

What’s about Yuzuki? Although Yuzuki expressed her feeling toward Ren directly, why does he not want her? I think Ren’s expression to Yuzuki is as a sister to me (Panda’s thing, or patting her hip/head). He competes with her father in business and he knows that involving with Yuzuki means business. The story describes the gap between their age, so that it is.
I agree with japgirl that Lin Chi Ling is trying her best in my opinion. I am another person who has to use other language in daily life instead of my own mother language, so I know it is very hard, really.

I also totally agree with emily099.
it is quite evident that the person we are closest to might be the person who understands us best but not the person you might be attracted to. often more than not, we tend to see this person as a great friend. nothing more, nothing less.
It’s fine with me whether whom Ren will be ended up with (although I am cheering Ren/Maemi deeply in my mind) because it’s a drama!
I still enjoy watching what is in stores for Ren, Maemi, Xiu Mei, Yuzuki, Kazami, and Regolith.

Is it like a real life that, often times, we won’t get what we want, isn’t it?

It's only my personal opinion anyway.

Soannie

Post by Soannie » Jun 9th, '10, 16:53

I think that nothing happened in the hotel room between Rensuke and Xiu Mei.

Ren probably likes Xiu Mei but is it love ?

Besides, for me, the "love story" isn't developed enough.
So, for the moment, I do not call this drama a romantic one.

Incidentally, what are the true relationships between Xiu Mei and Kazami ?`
In the restaurant, for exemple,Xiu mei makes a gesture to Kazami that suggests they could be pretty close.
All things considered, I like this drama. I also like this kind of cat-and-mouse game the characters are playing.

And the episode 5 seems to revive the drama interest.

So, I hope for more than 7 episodes.

Love Angel

Post by Love Angel » Jun 9th, '10, 18:47

I watched episode 5..I enjoyed it actually..especially towards the end
I also think that Renuske doesn't love Xui Mei..I just can't feel it..when he proposed to her I didn't feel the "love" in his eyes..there were nothing ..maybe he thinks he loves her but he don't
I think what's going on with his company is more interesting than his relationship with Xui Mei lol

seems from the preview that Ren will figure out Kazami's true intentions?

and I really liked Kimura's acting in the ending scene :thumright: :thumright:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jun 9th, '10, 22:43

RensukeXMaemi as TV Guide cover!! :cheers:
http://gimgabinko.com/photo-tvg1024.htm

As far as I read, it does seem like they're trying to give hints that Rensuke and Maemi will end up together.
There are quotes like:

"Each of their feelings has started moving. The ending for these two..."

"They kept watching out each other. That never changing eyes will become the key to open his heart."

"The key to the romance is a bond that has been going for so long!?"

"Rensuke is in big trouble. The only person who can heal and save him is the woman whom he has been together with him for such a long time??"

"Maemi: The fact that she knows him very well, means she's the only one who can support Rensuke in public and private??"

"Xiumei: Rensuke and Xiumei were attracted to each other because they resemble each other. In terms of family condition and other, they are both lonely. They can understand each other's loneliness and that what has drawn them together. But... from Rensuke's expressions, we still don't know his true intention. Although they have engaged, but Rensuke still has a big responsible as the president, as long as he has no change of heart in business, there will be many troubles occurs between them."

The key to the ending is a hint hidden in the title: Tsuki no Koibito.
Rensuke and the heroine ladies has the earth, the sun and the moon relationship. Please analyze who is the earth, who is the sun and who is the moon, while keep watching the next episodes!

~*~

Even though they're saying Rensuke and Maemi are going to end up together, it seem like they're going to make Maemi as a 2nd choice, just because Rensuke cannot be together with Xiumei :(

Anyway, from TakuyaXRyoko interview, I found something interesting. The scene in Ep4 when Maemi told Rensuke she wants to keep using the old theme(that already has been stolen by Mastpole). But then she thought she must said something bad, so when she saw Rensuke's face was not upset at all, she was bewildered, gazed at him, "Nn??", wondering why he's not upset, thinking something's wrong. That was Ryoko's ad-lib. In the script, after she said that line, she didn't have to care abt Rensuke's expression and kept going with the next line abt he has to treat her someday. Ryoko said, she's very happy that Kimura can notice what each actor wants the audience to see. She thinks Kimura should be a director someday ^_^

kimutaku144

Post by kimutaku144 » Jun 9th, '10, 22:57

yanie wrote:RensukeXMaemi as TV Guide cover!! :cheers:
http://gimgabinko.com/photo-tvg1024.htm

As far as I read, it does seem like they're trying to give hints that Rensuke and Maemi will end up together.
Anyway, from TakuyaXRyoko interview, I found something interesting. The scene in Ep4 when Maemi told Rensuke she wants to keep using the old theme(that already has been stolen by Mastpole). But then she thought she must said something bad, so when she saw Rensuke's face was not upset at all, she was bewildered, gazed at him, "Nn??", wondering why he's not upset, thinking something's wrong. That was Ryoko's ad-lib. In the script, after she said that line, she didn't have to care abt Rensuke's expression and kept going with the next line abt he has to treat her someday. Ryoko said, she's very happy that Kimura can notice what each actor wants the audience to see. She thinks Kimura should be a director someday ^_^[/
thanks for sharing yanie.
Has anyone considering the fact Rensuke proposal to Xiu Mei is just to ssshhh the press? just to saving grace the company? Rensuke is actually desperate with no way out when he propose, imo.