[Discussion] Tsuki no Koibito

Discuss Japanese drama series here.

Who do you want Rensuke (Kimura Takuya) to end up with?

Maemi (Shinohara Ryoko)
53%
Xiu Mei (Lin Chiling)
25%
Kazami (Matsuda Shota)
8%
Nobody
5%
I don't care
9%

Total votes: 278

nnnc

Post by nnnc » Jul 28th, '10, 04:29

smappiesubs just release their subbed version of Kimura's WUS where he talked about the last episode of Tsuki no Koibito.

It's interesting to know that many of my favorite scenes/moments in the last two episodes were either ad-lip or were originally cut from the scripts but brought back because the casts wanted them back.

Such as the scene between Yuzuki and Rensuke at the cabin
that monkey hug was their improvisation.
, what Rensuke spoke to Yuzuki after the competition was also improvised by Kimura. The ending scene was also Kimura's idea. He suggested to the director that it would match with the opening scene in the first episode and everyone agree.

Listening to Kimura talked about Tsuki no Koibito filming was very informative and funny. I'm really glad that he seemed to be happy working in this project with this casts and crew. You can tell from the way he spoke of the drama and I really like that he called Kitagawa "Keiko-chan" :wub:

According to WUS, they didn't finish filming until the night before the actual finale :O And I find it very funny that "Fuji"TV had to use CG to delete mount "Fuji" from one scene. I don't know why they had to do that. What's wrong with having mt. Fuji in the drama? :mrgreen:

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jul 28th, '10, 04:49

Yes I wondered why Fujiyama had to be blanked. Then I thought maybe they were supposed to be far into the countryside in that little town, and perhaps the mountain could not be seen. Even so I would have liked it there and I don't know why it was hidden.

I am glad that it seems that Kimura did enjoy doing this drama. In another write up it seemed he was not pleased with it. Must say the suggestions he made were the ones that gave more interest to the drama. He does put his whole mind into his work.

Peggy

joisuramu

Post by joisuramu » Jul 28th, '10, 04:59

Maybe they were suppose to be near Mt. Fuji or in Mt. Fuji that's why it needed to be cg-ed out. I remembered reading one of the staff's blog entry that they were filming at Mt. Fuji for that scene. Not quite sure tho....

Glad he liked it too. It would be a pain if he hated it while having a tight schedule with concert preparation going on. How did he find time do all that?! Such an AmaZing man....

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jul 28th, '10, 05:53

Yes I am glad if he enjoyed that work. He gives his all to whatever task he is doing. I think he enjoys acting and he has such a memory and he is so aware of things around him. When you think of the dramas and the films he has made he really is well informed about so many things. I know that he is super quick to see and learn and be able to do the task ahead. I love him for his talents and the fact that he uses them to the fullest when needed. He never seems to be afraid to try anything that is put in front of him. I still don't know how he did that rock climb up that steep sharp pinnacle in one of the San Taku shows. I always wondered how they got him down again.

Peggy

marts_8

Post by marts_8 » Aug 3rd, '10, 12:06

i liked especially in ep 4 where Maemi was saying that Ren should treat her sometime for all the work she was doing (near the mentaiko onigiri part). she delivered the line in a sing-song voice and like she was asking for a date, hehehe!

chickenruns

Post by chickenruns » Aug 14th, '10, 09:18

wow, just finished watching the whole thing. the ending is excellent. Maemi is the right girl for Ren, she is such a true woman among all. although Ren's fantasy is XM (I know the actress is famous but I dont like her acting at all)

notoriousnoona : perfect explanation of the pork bowl. it does really make sense. thank you very much !

notoriousnoona

Post by notoriousnoona » Aug 16th, '10, 17:44

chickenruns wrote:wow, just finished watching the whole thing. the ending is excellent. Maemi is the right girl for Ren, she is such a true woman among all. although Ren's fantasy is XM (I know the actress is famous but I dont like her acting at all)

notoriousnoona : perfect explanation of the pork bowl. it does really make sense. thank you very much !
Oh thank you. So glad that you enjoyed the show. I truly thought that it was wonderful when it was all said and done.

notoriousnoona

Post by notoriousnoona » Aug 16th, '10, 17:53

trasuachieumua wrote:Aaaaaa I'm so sorry if I made topic off but I really love all your post and your disscusion XD.

Everyday I log in to this page to wait for new posts xD.
I can say that I love d-addict because a lot of reasons but the most is the disscusion of everyone here :wub:

notoriousnoona: Thank you for your explanation. I can't say how much I love your post so I will say nothing XD
(my mother loves your post too XD I translated it to her and she said that she liked your idea so much ^3^).
I sent you a pm because my English is bad and I afraid of making mistake and off topic but maybe you didn't take it :P
So I can't help myself, go there and post a post ^.^

Would you please to say about the other things in your list ("There is so much more I could say about. The four coins and the meatless pork bowls, the chair explanation, the waterstrider talk, the rain, Yuzuki and the are they or aren’t off camera shot but I won’t."). I really really want to read it that I can die XD (half funny and half really XD).

Please please please XD !!!!!!!!!
Thank you again. Sorry I haven't replied in awhile. I haven't been on this site for a bit. I forgot about the request. If you want I can answer you soon. Smile Maybe I'll PM you or something.

el_lady

Post by el_lady » Aug 17th, '10, 01:06

I can't wait to see the NG's for this drama.

Ender's Girl

Post by Ender's Girl » Aug 18th, '10, 14:07

I'm on Episode 5 now, and hating Rensuke with all my heart.
I hope those effing water striders EAT HIM ALIVE while he's fast asleep in his hotel room. Killer bugs, YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!! Now we're talkin'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahaha
3 more eppies, so that translates to... 30 more bottles of :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic: to get me through the night.

Iris Zephyr

Post by Iris Zephyr » Sep 8th, '10, 02:21

Tsuki no Koibito NG scenes were featured in Fuji TV's Ganbatta Taishou 2010.09.06. :D

Here's the link: http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/Ek1YIUGJc14

I'm not the most techno savy so I couldn't cut the parts, but here is a list of estimated timing:

1. 1:07:01 - Shinohara Ryoko and Kimura Takuya.

Brief description: Shinohara-san does not realise that the place where she is standing can be seen on camera.

2. 1:07:51 - Kitagawa Keiko and Kimura Takuya.

Brief description: Kimura-san stares at Kitagawa-san, but before they can continue with the scene Kitagawa-san becomes bashful and starts giggling. :lol

3. 1:08:30 - Several cast members.

Brief description: A serious scene (and tension) is broken when Xiu Mei's poster falls.

4. 1:09:03 - Hamada Gaku's birthday dokkiri.

Brief description: It was mentioned on Kimura-san's What's Up SMAP, and I was so delighted to see that it was filmed. :D Basically, Hamada-san comes late to the day's rehearsal. Kimura-san and Shinohara-san pretends to be angry about it. Kimura-san "scolds" Hamada-san, asking him if he has apologised to everyone for the inconvenience he caused. But Hamada-san's apology does not help because both Kimura-san and Shinohara-san are so angry that Kimura-san leaves the studio and Shinohara-san follows him (Before Shinohara-san leaves, she can actually be spotted trying to hide her laughter :D). Then, Shinohara-san can be heard yelling that she has had it with filming and wants to go home. Just as Hamada-san looks like he's about to cry, the both of them come back into the room and a staff member rolls in a cake to celebrate Hamada-san's birthday.

5. 1:31: 00 - Several cast members.

Brief description: Pay attention to the foreign actor.

There are also a few scenes from variety shows featuring Kimura Takuya and Matsuda Shota, so if anyone is interested, I can put the timing up for those as well.

shioki

Post by shioki » Sep 8th, '10, 03:19

Found a video with the scenes cut out. http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/6tj2GK0XjD4/
with all the NG scenes that's listed above.

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Sep 8th, '10, 03:26

Thanks a lot, Iris Zephyr! the NG scenes were funny! Poor Hamada-san xD

el_lady

Post by el_lady » Sep 15th, '10, 01:07

I'm surprise there's no Lin Chi Ling NG scenes but thanks for sharing.

Takoyo

Post by Takoyo » Sep 16th, '10, 14:10

I finally finished watching the last 3 episodes today. I completed the first 5 about the time it was being broadcasted in Japan but hated it. Then, it was to me, the worst drama I've watched starring TK. I love the guy but the story was all over the place, he was behaving like a spoilt brat and LCL was getting on my nerve. I then skipped epi 6 & 7 and went straight to watching epi 8.

Anyway, I love the last 3 episodes. I think the story for the last 3 epi and the ending made sense. It was a self discovery for Rensuke; he lost himself when he became successful and he was going for things that weren't so suitable for him like his expansion plans and LCL. So the last 3 epi depicted how he re-discovered himself and what he truly wants and that included Maemi.

I cried at the scene where Yuzuki told him how she would remain at his side as his sister. It was very bitter sweet. I also like the scene where she told the group how she came to know Rensuke. I think the whole story before the endig was bitter sweet because all the main characters had loved someone who did not reciprocate their love.

I just wished the first 5 episodes were better. LCL was a bad choice. She's a model, not an actress. Shinohara Ryoko also got on my nerve a little at times. I think Kitagawa Keiko was the cutest of the three.

Forgot to add that I also like how Maemi's assistant worked out the heart from the 4 coins. And finally, love Takuya's fine portrayal of the character especially in the last 3 episodes.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Sep 17th, '10, 20:46

el_lady,

I think they would have so many NGs with Chi Ling that it would take up too much space to keep them for video. May be it was in her contract not to keep any NGs. She did have a very extensive contract with lots of perks and many more than anyone else in the cast. She is so bad as an actress. She looks great modelling clothes but even then it is a very well dressed and made up picture with lots of airbrushing.

I think there was one huge sigh of relief when they finished this drama. Not the best one for Kimura san but he is still a good actor and can tackle anything offered if they like it.

Peg

Iris Zephyr

Post by Iris Zephyr » Sep 23rd, '10, 10:12

I came across a little tidbit that I thought was interesting, so I just wanted to share. :-)

Kimura-san actually had a cross-talk with Son Masayoshi-san, the President of Softbank, in the SMAP Magazine. During the talk he mentioned this:

"In the last episode there was a line that goes, 'Company presidents are pretty lonely huh?' But I felt that was not quite right and had the line changed into this, 'Remember you are not alone'."

That scene where Ren tells Kazami that he is not alone is one of my favourite scenes and lines in the series. In my opinion, it reflects the contrast between the beginning of the series (where all the characters were either experiencing loneliness, ie Maemi; out to use other people, ie Ren and Kazami; or distrustful of others, ie Xiu Mei) and the end (where all the characters learn to treasure their friendships with each other despite their "rivalry", ie Maemi and Xiu Mei; and connect with each other according to the circumstance, ie Yuzuki settling to become Ren's "little sister" and Xiu Mei telling Ren that she will continue to shine because she wants him to acknowledge her even from afar). And, it made it even more impacting because it was Ren who said it. It was a line that just completely summed up the growth and change in Ren's character, from a man so blinded by ambition and dreams to someone who has learnt to acknowledge and treasure the support of the people around him.

I just thought that it was really interesting how different the feel of the scene would be if they had stuck to the original script. :lol Because I think that the core meaning of the "loneliness of being the president/the leader" is essentially the same only the original line comes off as more retrospective/negative while Kimura-san's suggestion comes off as more realised confidence/positive.

Source for the SMAP Magazine translation: http://elyn524.livejournal.com/8920.html

canavial

Post by canavial » Sep 23rd, '10, 12:19

Iris Zephyr wrote:But I felt that was not quite right and had the line changed into this...
Do actors have the power to change the script's dialogs just like that? I would think that only the producers or the director to have such authority.
'Cos if they don't (or least in the Japanese TV industry), then it would support some of the "things" mentioned early in this thread.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Sep 23rd, '10, 16:23

canavial wrote:
Iris Zephyr wrote:But I felt that was not quite right and had the line changed into this...
Do actors have the power to change the script's dialogs just like that? I would think that only the producers or the director to have such authority.
'Cos if they don't (or least in the Japanese TV industry), then it would support some of the "things" mentioned early in this thread.
Well, I didn't really finish this drama BUT when I was reading people comments (and also went to dramawiki) he is a pretty high-rated actor and a lot of dramas that he starred him had really high ratings. So it's really possible for him, at least, to have the power to change a line in a script.

Iris Zephyr

Post by Iris Zephyr » Sep 23rd, '10, 19:19

@canavial

I have no idea whether Kimura-san actually has the power to change things, but it is a definite that he is involved in the creative process. He has mentioned before that when he thinks it is appropriate, he will offer suggestions/feedback that he thinks will help improve the project.

But, he has also mentioned that sometimes, his suggestions get taken and sometimes they don't so... :P I think rather than the power to change things, it is more of him participating in discussions with staff as they go through the creative process and just suggesting things. Whether those suggestions actually get taken or not, it is ultimately up to the director, producer etc. :-)

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Sep 23rd, '10, 19:37

Iris,

Very much enjoyed your thoughts re Kimura san and his role in this drama.

When he first began dramas he went along with direction, but as he became more comfortable and highly successful, he was confident enough to make suggestions. Most of the time they were pretty good ones. Definitely he changed a few things in Moon Lovers. He and the 'little sister' scene were set up, but he suggested that they do the 'monkey jump and he thought that would be more like brtoher and sister. At the end he also suggested that it be in a car just as it was in a car for the opening scene. Rounded it all off as it were.
Kimura now has the ability to see the whole pisture when he goes into a drama and he does have the strength to make changes, but I don't think he would ever go against his director. He appreciates the whole project, and especially the technicians, and there he does not ever interfere.

I have been a Kimura admirer for more years than I care to say..... 8)

Peg

joisuramu

Post by joisuramu » Sep 23rd, '10, 22:40

I too, thinks he has the power to change the script. He's the kind of actor who loves to be deeply involve with the production team in order to make a project successful. In elvn524's translation of one article in the Smap magazine, Tsuyoshi Noguchi (stylist) talked about an experience working w/ Kimura:

From all the “AnAn” and “Popeye” photo shoots, the Hawaii location photo shoot left the biggest impression on Noguchi-san.
 “Including the staffs there were only four of us, and Kimura-kun was very relaxed. He came with us staffs to hunt for good locations for the photo shoot—this is usually a job that only the staffs are involved. When we discussed the layout he also put in his ideas right from the start. In terms of actively participating in the whole creative process, Kimura-kun has not changed one bit after all these years. On scene when the staffs met and discussed the photo shoot, he was always hovering on the side listening attentively, putting all his effort in giving the best results. Someday I want this Kimura-kun to film me in a fashion photo shoot. Of course I will be my own stylist.”

Another thing that makes me admire him even more is that this guy is so humble and not self-centered at all! He doesn't think fully of himself one bit and shows great appreciation for his staff and behind-the-scenes workers.

This is what Kimura said after Son Masayoshi (president of Softbank) praised him on how well he acted as Oda Nobunaga in a drama. Another translation by elvn524.

K: Thank you very much. Just now Son-san mentioned the word “dream,” in my case people always tell me my work is “the work that grants people their dreams.” However, whether it is a movie or singing, it cannot be done without people in the background: people who film us, people who listen to what we have to say, people who composed the music. It is a combination of various talents. Just like how a T-shirt is made from several different materials, I am just one tool in this big pool of talent.

There are many other compliments that his staff made about him in the magazine. Just too many to list them out :)

Iris Zephyr

Post by Iris Zephyr » Oct 16th, '10, 08:05

This news is pretty delayed, but I was just re-watching the interview that Kimura-san did on Mr Sunday for one of the Tsuki no Koibito promotions. It was a cool interview that I really loved, and one that made a real impression on me cause it changed my initial opinion of Kimura-san, so I thought that I'd just share. :-)

SmappieSubs has subbed it on their Livejournal Community. Just become a member and you should be able to get to it. It is listed under the tag of 'mr. sunday'.

P.S. Sorry that I can't share the direct link cause I'm not too sure whether it is okay or not. ^^; Or if anyone is interested, just PM me and I'll share the link. :D

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Oct 16th, '10, 16:12

Iris Zephyr wrote: SmappieSubs has subbed it on their Livejournal Community. Just become a member and you should be able to get to it. It is listed under the tag of 'mr. sunday'.
Thanks for telling us! I'm gonna download it now! :-)

Ender's Girl

Post by Ender's Girl » Oct 27th, '10, 23:33

heat6jones

Post by heat6jones » Nov 19th, '10, 02:20

Who is on that shirt kimura takuya wears throught the show? it's a black shirt with a face on the front in a yellow lighting and on the back it says 'everybody...' (that's the only part i could read) in blue.

kennethzzz

Post by kennethzzz » Dec 14th, '10, 15:06

Sorry if this had been posted. Does anyone know what is that where Kimura wears on his wrist beside his watch? Is that a white power balance wristband?

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Dec 14th, '10, 15:52

kennethzzz wrote:Sorry if this had been posted. Does anyone know what is that where Kimura wears on his wrist beside his watch? Is that a white power balance wristband?
I think, yes..

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Apr 1st, '11, 02:55

I finally got a chance to start watching this drama today. Only 8 episodes so this should be a fast watch. I'm on episode 3 and I voted for Xiu Mei end up with Rensuke (Kimura Takuya) but I think it's too early to tell.
I don't sense any chemistry between them yet, except when he held her in the rain and said "I want you" but the scene ep. 2 were she kissed him and then he ran after her and grabbed and kissed her, no chemistry there.:unsure:
It's good so far and the OST is nice too. At first, I thought that they were doing a voice-over for Lin Chi Ling's part ( Liu Xiu Mei ) but it sounds like she is bi-lingual. IDK but it's really good so far :lol Shota is a HOTTIE!! :heart:

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Apr 2nd, '11, 02:19

I'm on ep. 6 with only two more episodes to go. Kind of shocked to see Kimutaku in a drama where there is no chemistry with any of the lead actresses at least not yet. :unsure:

EDIT: I watched this without skipping scenes! I would recommend this drama :lol I would buy this DVD for my collection. Lin Chi Ling's character became annoying after after just a few episodes. It was so irritating to see her for some reason. I won't be able to watch drama with her in it, unless it's Cdrama and that is a big MAYBE.

I enjoyed seeing Shinohara Ryoko again. I think the last time I saw her in a drama was Anego but she reminds me of Koyuki :-) It was also nice to see Takenaka Naoto I remembered him from his character Strezemann from Nodame Cantabile.
The ending was not that predictable. For a minute there I though Ren was going for Xiu Mei. That part was really interesting! Very rare ending too... so happy Ren and Maemi are together forever. That was real shocker.

yanaliao

Post by yanaliao » Jul 4th, '11, 05:37

I admire those who can watch this series. I'm still biting my nails from downloading it. Someday if I pick up the courage to watch this... I'll post again on this thread. heeheee... x)

kennethzzz

Post by kennethzzz » Aug 3rd, '11, 12:38

Does anyone know what sunglasses is kimura wearing in the drama? Was it RB2132 New Wayfarer or Original Wayfarer? Thanks.

bijak

Post by bijak » Jan 31st, '12, 12:16

Just finished watching this dorama...I started watching it from July 2010. And put it on hold at episode 05, because got bored with the story.. Have free time today, thus I continued watching. Luckily it gets 'quite' interesting in episode 6 and so on. Especially the part where Hazuki competes with his former company..

Prai_jai

Post by Prai_jai » Feb 25th, '12, 16:22

Thank for telling us!

kevin26exe

Re: [Discuss] Tsuki no Koibito (Kimura Takuya, Shinohara Ryoko)

Post by kevin26exe » Jun 5th, '15, 03:11

Anyone knows where can I download eng sub for 720p of this series? :)

JackBauer2424

Re: [Discussion] Tsuki no Koibito

Post by JackBauer2424 » Jun 6th, '15, 09:49

Didn't really like the story or characters of this one.

KoChun

Re: [Discussion] Tsuki no Koibito

Post by KoChun » Sep 19th, '15, 03:30

JackBauer2424 wrote:Didn't really like the story or characters of this one.
You are so getting the story....
...which its about a lonely Moon Lover.

Surrounded by all the beautiful sparkling stars
yet so lonely

The moon is so likeable yet so far from reach.

Until finally he hits the ground and realize
he didn't have to change his personaility or lifestyle
He is already living in comfort with 4-coins.