japanese doramas with japanese subtitles

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
dudnaito

japanese doramas with japanese subtitles

Post by dudnaito » Apr 1st, '10, 12:23

i just arrived to japan less than a month ago, and i joined a gym. I saw my fav Aya Ueto in what seemed like a stewardess kinda thing? Its playing RIGHT NOW though, so it must be an ongoing dorama.

What took me aback though is that there were japanese subtitles in the tv in a japanese gym. My japanese is decent enough that i can read most of it, and it would just really help with my studies if i had access to a file like that.

Any doramas here with japanese subtitles? Especially one with Ms. Ueto? Thanks

xploring

Post by xploring » Apr 1st, '10, 12:58

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/subtitles.php#Japanese

That's Attention Please with Ueto Aya, not a current ongoing drama.

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Apr 1st, '10, 13:49

Ah, why don't you look in the subtitle index? A quick look and I see Hokaben, but I don't see any others.

dudnaito

Post by dudnaito » Apr 1st, '10, 13:52

thanks

any recommendations from among the list? something light hearted would be nice.

sorry but i dont really watch dramas at all, so pardon my lack of knowledge.

I watched a couple of k-dramas cause im korean american, and i think i prefer the romantic comedies.

Anything with aya ueto would be great.

dudnaito

Post by dudnaito » Apr 1st, '10, 14:08

any idea on how to get raws of celeb to binto taro? Pretty much 0 seeders now it seems.

Or hell, whats the most recent dorama in that list of dramas with japanese subtitles?

Sorry for being impolite, i just dont know squat, so excuse my many questions.

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Apr 1st, '10, 14:29

Oh, I forgot about Celeb to Binbo Taro. I loved her in it. If you can use megaupload than go to Lets-look.com. Of those, definitely watch Ohitorisama, Buzzer Beat and Binbo Taro.

dudnaito

Post by dudnaito » Apr 2nd, '10, 03:19

incredible site thanks, exactly what i needed.

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Apr 2nd, '10, 13:24

Other good place is silentregrets, but they compress the raws, so they are lower quality. I generally now will look at those two sites before I use bittorent.

mechturk

Post by mechturk » Apr 3rd, '10, 21:32

There has been a recent surge in the number of titles that we've been getting Japanese subs for, due to the continuing diligent efforts a few posters on these boards. In particular, most J-dramas in the last two seasons have had Japanese subtitles available.

There's been a lot of good stuff, like JIN, Fumo Chitai, Aibou, Naka Nai to Kimeta Hi, but most of the stuff that has gotten good ratings hasn't been comedy.

That said, I personally quite liked Massugu na Otoko and Magerarenai Onna both of which are more light-hearted, especially the former.

Tokujo Kabachi seems to be quite funny as well, although I found the legal wrangling to be a bit much for my admittedly poor Japanese skills.

In any case, the spring season is starting soon, and hopefully quite a lot of it will have J-subs. Ueto Aya stars in one called Zettai Reido, which you might be interested in, even though it doesn't look to be a comedy. Personally, I'm also looking forward to both Tsuki no Koibito (Kimura Takuya) and Sunao ni Narenakute (Ueno Juri, Eita).

Man, I wish the Spring season would just start already...

toyotaku

Post by toyotaku » Apr 3rd, '10, 23:33

I'm beginning to see more files with embedded Japanese subtitles. Last season, episodes from two of the series I was uploading here were usually only available to me with embedded Japanese subs... Aibou 8 and 853. Not all of the eps had the subs, but most of them did (the person encoding them must've gone on vacation or something).

We may begin to see more of this in the future, so also do a search on the torrent page for jdrama with Japanese subs.

dudnaito

Post by dudnaito » Apr 8th, '10, 15:13

watching celeb to binbo taro. Enjoying it although i:m getting annoyed by the male lead. Hes cool and all, but is he always that loud in every role?

Mugatu

Post by Mugatu » Apr 9th, '10, 15:39

dudnaito wrote:watching celeb to binbo taro. Enjoying it although i:m getting annoyed by the male lead. Hes cool and all, but is he always that loud in every role?
haha! i though so too! if it wasn't for ueto aya i prolly wouldn't had finished it :P