[Discussion] Shinzanmono (Abe Hiroshi)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
XrayMind
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by XrayMind » Apr 28th, '10, 07:46

Couple of running gags from ep1 to ep2, above mention running out of toilet paper, waiting in line and not able to buy any taiyaki(happen twice in ep1), and finger crushing from a distant a suspect for that episode. Also more a running theme than a gag, all the lies that people are telling in both episodes are to protect a secret of someone close to them.

Of course, they kind of repeated the ending from ep1. But in ep2 shown who was the girl and that was a big surprise.

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Apr 28th, '10, 15:23

It feels rather bland. Ep1 was fine but it would get tiresome watching Kaga take an episode to suspect a resident in the area and then find out that it is nothing more than hiding a secret to protect someone for many more episodes. Mizobata Junpei is just rather forgettable as Abe Hiroshi's sidekick.

It's better perhaps as a short drama series since it is evidently adapted from a short novel.

kiddygrade

Post by kiddygrade » Apr 29th, '10, 07:01

Chuks wrote:Ha, I hope so, Tadanga. ;)

About the humor in this drama, I'm an avid fan of Higashino Keigo novels, and I read
most of them. His style of writing is never humorous. He uses simple words, simple
expressions, but yet has deep insight. Makes me wonder if he ever had
those experiences. (Especially, "Tegami" and "Himitsu")

Also as Keigo's signature, he has very surprising, but yet very "That make sense!" ending.
Ryusei no Kizuna didn't convey that ending well, since they were more focusing
on comic relief, so hopefully the screenwriters of Shinzanmono delivers that well.
I'm familiar with Abe Hiroshi's charactor, Kaga, since he shows up in many Higashino novels.
Kaga is mysterious and has a "foreigner look" and keen instinct, yet can be
sympathetic to murders. I think Abe is a perfect fit.

Those comical lines were written by screenwriters, not Higashino.
When I learned he is the leading actor, I knew the comical elements would be here and there. That's what he's good at. His subtle sense of humor.
Not many actors can pull that off.
I, too, thank you, Chuks, for your thoughts and remarks about Higashino's books. I live in France and, unexpectedly, one of his books has just been published ("Mukashi boku ga shinda ie"). Have you read this one? The main character (narrator) is, as in Galileo, a physics researcher, but his identity is never disclosed. You said that Kaga is a recurring hero, is there a Galileo series and a Kaga series, or are they mixed?
Next novel to be published in France: "Yogisha X no kenshin", I am quite impatient although I have already seen the film.

As for the present drama, I am impressed by the deepness of the plot: everything is "simple", and roots in day-to-day existence, the crimes and sins are not "bigger than life" as in Eastern series, and yet the scenario is complex and dense and intricated. The tidbits of humor are quite a relief, I think, and are well fit to Abe-san :) I am looking forward to seeing the next episodes. I greatly appreciate your work, by the way, since I am not at all fluent in Japanese (to say the least ^^). But the fact that you give your feelings on this particular discussion topic is also a gem :)

shinqtaro

Post by shinqtaro » May 1st, '10, 13:49

Just watched ep. 2, not great but much better than ep. 1. At least it resembles something that's adapted from a mystery novel (I'm guessing it's at least as long as Suspect X as most Gailileo's are short stories). I don't mind if they follow the same format for each episode as most mystery novels don't have just a few suspects and the mysteries are very intricate and not easy to solve (if you've read Agatha Christie's novels, from 'And then there were none' where the suspects disappear one by one to the extreme in 'Murder on the Orient Express' which has roughtly 10+ prime suspects (forgot the actual # since I read that ages ago)). The fun is in as more and more clues are revealed, the views/audiences/readers can start connecting the dots. Dramas/movies sometime suffer in having to dumb down the plot by inserting constant flashbacks to remind the viewers (who don't have the benefit of turning back pages in the novel as the readers) what had happened and who had done what, which ultimately hurt pacing.

Back to ep. 2, both plot and pacing/editing/suspense were much much better handled than in ep.1 (don't know if it's because of the change in director). At least they lay down subtle clues and if you're a mystery buff, you should be able to pick them up. BTW Abe (Kaga) has some particular mannerisms that's not difficult to notice when he'd just identified his prime suspect.

lenrasoon

Post by lenrasoon » May 3rd, '10, 21:08

i didn't watch this drama yet but i'm looking forward , i hope it's good :D

L'Arc

Post by L'Arc » May 3rd, '10, 21:42

It's getting really boring, I slept watching ep 2 and now the 3rd episode is going on the same pattern. Good thing I like Abe Hiroshi's acting.

kiddygrade

Post by kiddygrade » May 4th, '10, 06:10

L'Arc wrote:It's getting really boring, I slept watching ep 2 and now the 3rd episode is going on the same pattern. Good thing I like Abe Hiroshi's acting.
Maybe we are too much used to fast-paced police procedurals? Here, we have on the contrary a down-to earth, slice-of-real life sort of scenario, so it's quite different. I think japanese detective stories are more similar to old-fashioned english ones.

shinqtaro

Post by shinqtaro » May 4th, '10, 11:47

Higashino Keigo's stories are what's called 'traditional deductive novels' in Japan, similar to those of Agatha Christie, Ellery Queen, and Earl Stanley Gardner (Perry Mason). These stories always include a lot of fact findings and interrogations before coming to a conclusion. There were some debates years ago whether this format has come to an end, as it started in the early 1920's and recently authors have almost exhausted all ideas. Keigo's stories are slightly different in that he almost always includes human drama/tragedy in his stories (not to say the others don't, but they're so old that people nowadays of course will feel out of touch). If you don't like traditional mysteries and don't like to play along with the detectives with the clues available to try to figure out the solution yourself, then it's probably not you type of drama (e.g. I had a blast w/ ShikaOtoko because it is really a great mystery w/ elements of Japanese history and mythology).

BTW, I heard the novel Shinzanmono based on has sold 380K copies since last September so there're apparently still a lot of traditional mystery lovers in Japan.

EDIT: oh no, they switched director on ep. 3 again, but the script is as much to blame. I suspect the arcs are uneven in length in the novel so when the writers ran into a short one, they tried to strectch it into a full episode (like ep.1 and ep.3). Pacing is terrible, no suspense whatsoever, very little clues are given to the viewers to figure out what's going on (and that's cheating). If you have to watch, just watch the last 10 mins. of the episode.

Romance

Post by Romance » May 4th, '10, 18:22

L'Arc wrote:It's getting really boring, I slept watching ep 2 and now the 3rd episode is going on the same pattern. Good thing I like Abe Hiroshi's acting.
Agree, this drama is turning out to be pretty terrible...
No suspense, no substance, boring humor, boring pattern..

Cant believe how they managed to f*ck it up so bad, i mean they got the cast and the story :-(

Romance

Post by Romance » May 4th, '10, 18:22

Romance wrote:
Agree, this drama is turning out to be pretty terrible...
No suspense, no substance, boring humor, boring pattern..

Cant believe how they managed to f*ck it up so bad, i mean they got the cast and the story.. what happened? :-(

Chuks

Post by Chuks » May 4th, '10, 21:38

It's not that horrible.
It's still well-made compared to other typical crime dramas.
It's just that since Kekkon Dekinai Otoko and Shiroi Haru were great,
people had a high hope on this drama.
Abe still lives up to the expectation, and the directors are doing good job.
They could use more experienced screenwriters though.

Chuks

Post by Chuks » May 4th, '10, 21:50

kiddygrade wrote: You said that Kaga is a recurring hero, is there a Galileo series and a Kaga series, or are they mixed?
I'm not sure if I'm getting your question right, but in Galileo, Kaga and Yukawa solve cases
together.
Mukashi Bokuga Shinda Ie is on my list. Since I don't live in Japan anymore, it's hard to
access to the novels. I head it's very good though.
In my opinion, Tegami is the best.

kiddygrade

Post by kiddygrade » May 5th, '10, 06:58

Chuks wrote:
kiddygrade wrote: You said that Kaga is a recurring hero, is there a Galileo series and a Kaga series, or are they mixed?
I'm not sure if I'm getting your question right, but in Galileo, Kaga and Yukawa solve cases
together.
Mukashi Bokuga Shinda Ie is on my list. Since I don't live in Japan anymore, it's hard to
access to the novels. I head it's very good though.
In my opinion, Tegami is the best.
Yes, you understood me perfectly, and I thank you for your answer. So, I gather that in the Galileo books, Yukawa helps Kaga and not Utsumi? Utsumi was inevented for the drama?? And what about Kusanagi???

To get back to Shinzanmono, I also agree with you: expectations are maybe too high for such a story. It's not made to be "flashy", I think.

Chuks

Post by Chuks » May 5th, '10, 13:17

kiddygrade wrote: So, I gather that in the Galileo books, Yukawa helps Kaga and not Utsumi? Utsumi was inevented for the drama?? And what about Kusanagi???
Utsumi's character is just for the drama.
Kusanagi is supposed to be Kaga. Even though Kitamura looks noting like Kaga.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 5th, '10, 14:20

Issy wrote:great to see Abe Hiroshi gets as much as kimutaku. me personally, i think he's much better actor.
+1.

Abe is considerably more versatile and always watchable. :thumright:

I saw Episode 1 last night... Abe is at his quirky, oddball best again: He's sorta like the lead character in the American drama, The Mentalist, mixed in with a touch of the Gluttonous Dectective from Kuitan... :mrgreen:

The first 2/3 of the episode was quite good, but the latter third got a little too sentimental and rather smarmy... :sweat:

Looking forward to Episode 2 with Abe reunited with Natsukawa Yui again... They're a great acting couple. :victory:

Some of the English subs bugged me: they flashed on the screen way too fast and the font color was hard to read... :pale:

Chuks

Post by Chuks » May 5th, '10, 16:04

bmwracer wrote: Some of the English subs bugged me: they flashed on the screen way too fast and the font color was hard to read... :pale:
I'm the subber.
Can you tell me exactly where?
Which player are you using?

hiroshi

Post by hiroshi » May 5th, '10, 16:34

Just finished Episode 1. A very good start to the series and I was quite impressed with Abe and all the top notch actors in this drama. Chuks, thanks for the high quality subs. arigatou! On the first pass, I only saw three minor typos. Otherwise, had no issues with the timing of the subs or the color. They were easy to read tor me.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 5th, '10, 16:57

Chuks wrote:
bmwracer wrote: Some of the English subs bugged me: they flashed on the screen way too fast and the font color was hard to read... :pale:
I'm the subber.
Can you tell me exactly where?
Which player are you using?
What seemed to flash by the screen to quickly was the information at the top of the screen... The dialog was okay.

I'm not using a software player: I hardsub the video so I can watch the dramas on my TV. :)

Chuks

Post by Chuks » May 5th, '10, 17:21

bmwracer wrote: What seemed to flash by the screen to quickly was the information at the top of the screen... The dialog was okay.

I'm not using a software player: I hardsub the video so I can watch the dramas on my TV. :)
I thought my intention for notes is easily understood , but I guess not.
I'll also explain it on my thread later.
The note is for additional information, so it's timed short for people who actually
are interested in reading them. You have to pose the video to read them.
I don't like leaving notes on the screen for long time since it's distracting,
and my notes are long.
The note shouldn't affect to understand subs.
When viewers need to read them to understand the subs, I usually time it longer.

Thanks for the nice comment, hiroshi.
I thought I QCed it carefully, but I guess I wasn't careful enough.:p

kiddygrade

Post by kiddygrade » May 5th, '10, 19:23

Chuks wrote:
kiddygrade wrote: So, I gather that in the Galileo books, Yukawa helps Kaga and not Utsumi? Utsumi was inevented for the drama?? And what about Kusanagi???
Utsumi's character is just for the drama.
Kusanagi is supposed to be Kaga. Even though Kitamura looks noting like Kaga.
Ok, now I understand the all plot 8) Thanks very much, Chuks, for these explanations. I now wonder: can there be such a comical character as Utsumi in a Japanese detective story? Books are soooo serious!

hiroshi

Post by hiroshi » May 6th, '10, 05:01

Chuks: Great high quality subs once again. Impeccable QC. And thanks for the side explanations. I learned something new.

Great to see Abe Hiroshi and Natsukawa Yui reunited in this episode. They were terrific together in Kekkon Dekinai Otoko.

dgenoracle

Post by dgenoracle » May 6th, '10, 09:48

To Chuks:

Thanks very much for your subs. I love them! Somehow the translates convey as much emotion and power it does to the ongoing dialog. That's all it matters for me.

Since I don't know hicks about translation process, I'm always super grateful to those who put time to do so for people who love jdramas like me :D

Sadly I read a lot of comments of people bashing about dramas being boring or actors being terrible... i'm sure in this time and era, everyone's trying their best and working hard. It's bloody competitive out there!

And I'm sure Chuks is giving your best with the translation! Ganbarre and arigato. m(-__-)m

popoycanton

Post by popoycanton » May 6th, '10, 10:15

maybe one factor why some are saying this is boring because there is no sense of urgency. If you've watched cop jdramas then you'll have realized that there is always the cliche of being urgent.

go to station scene "we got a call that some prick got shot!" cut scene to 1 billion policemen running out of the station door, stumping their feet, shouting, entering their cars, you get the drift. That always make me laugh hehe

Anyway, in ep 2 I was kinda hoping to see a Kekkon dekinai (favorite/tensai) moment between Abe and Natsukawa Yui moment and I think I did at the restaurant scene when they were arguing, sweet!

re boring: Its not exploding in momentum, but not crawling to be boring either. It has a steady tempo and from what I have seen so far, definitely worth the watch.

Chuks

Post by Chuks » May 6th, '10, 13:56

Thanks for the nice comments about my subs. :)

I think if you start looking at this drama as an humane drama, not as a crime drama,
you might start appreciate the detailed story lines.
The salesman who tries to help out the client's family, the wife who cannot accuse her
husband's cheating in fear of losing control, the battle between in-laws.
Those things are happening in Japan regular basis so people can relate to them.
In fact, when I read arguments Japanese are making regarding this drama on-line,
many people pointed out the same thing.

I mean that's what Higashino Keigo is good at.
Most of his novels are more focused on "why people commit crimes" instead of "how to solve
crimes."

Edit: While I was subbing Ep03, I realized at the press conference scene,
the police announces the suspect of the case from one of Higashino's novel. (Akai Yubi. Kaga also solves the case.)
It's kinda cool to see the screenwriters actually did their homework.
Last edited by Chuks on May 7th, '10, 04:58, edited 1 time in total.

kiddygrade

Post by kiddygrade » May 6th, '10, 16:31

Chuks wrote: I think if you start looking at this drama as an humane drama, not as a crime drama,
The salesman who tries to help out the client's family, the wife who cannot accuse her
In fact, when I read arguments Japanese are making regarding this drama on-line,

Most of his novels are more focused on "why people commit crimes" instead of "how to solve
crimes."
That's exactly what I think, and why I decided to follow this drama. On a side note, I too appreciate your subs and their quality, and for that I thank you profusely :wub: I also appreciate your comments in this particular thread, not many subbers do so (mainly because their work is team-work, whereas this series is your particular project, and one that you personnaly love).

Sorvaseven

Post by Sorvaseven » May 9th, '10, 09:14

This will be the cover of the theme song by Yamashita Tatsuro

街物語(まちものがたり) ~ 山下達郎
Streets (Story Town) ~ Yamashita Tatsuro

Release date is June 2, 2010

Sakuya

Post by Sakuya » May 9th, '10, 22:36

I also agree that it's a bit boring for a mystery series. The suspense factor is pretty non-existant making it seem like a regular human drama like someone mentioned above. And it's pretty frustrating that so far the cases presented have no relation to the main case. Or maybe it's too early for me to say that and somehow they'd tie it up all together in the end? :whistling: Will still be checking out episode 3 when the subs come out though.

LightCastShadows

Post by LightCastShadows » May 14th, '10, 01:40

First of all, thanks for the subs for Eps 1 & 2, Chuks :). That's what got me into the series.

I'm quite liking Abe Hiroshi's acting in this series, and the story is quite interesting :).

Chuks, I'm not sure if you're still working on subbing Eps 3 and 4 (now that it's out), so I went ahead and started subbing Ep 3 on my own... I don't have too much time, and progress is rather slow, timing is a pain in the butt and this is actually my first ever subtitling experience.

If anyone with timing experience with Aegis subs want to partner up, then hit me up :) (in fact, you don't even have to know any Japanese... You can just do the timing in Aegis :)). I have about 11 minutes of Ep 3 subbed so far, if anyone is interested in checking it out, here it is (attached).

EDIT: Uploaded a slightly newer version with 15 minutes subbed:
Attachments
Shinzanmono ep03 (704x396 XviD).ass
Partial subs for episode 3. Approximately 15 minutes complete.
(23.15 KiB) Downloaded 41 times
Last edited by LightCastShadows on May 14th, '10, 03:28, edited 2 times in total.

XrayMind
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by XrayMind » May 14th, '10, 02:36

Actually on the 1st message of the English sub, Chuks status on ep3 is done translating and it's being edited. Ep4 is being timed.

LightCastShadows

Post by LightCastShadows » May 14th, '10, 03:21

XrayMind wrote:Actually on the 1st message of the English sub, Chuks status on ep3 is done translating and it's being edited. Ep4 is being timed.
Oh, okay, that's cool. I guess I can just chillax and sit tight, then :).

caramelchampagne

Post by caramelchampagne » May 14th, '10, 03:59

well i like detective stories and i start watching this drama for abe hiroshi and mizoubata junpei but i feel it's boring lil bit may be coz i comparing it to galileo or boss i don't know but i think it's more about the people who lives in the area than trying to solve the crime
may be it want to say every smiling face always hide secrets
any way i will wait till watch epi 4 and see if it is getting any better or not may be after that i can skip many epis till just watch the end BUT if it continued that way i think 11 epi for this series will be too much

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 14th, '10, 04:10

^ I haven't found this drama boring in the least... Abe Hiroshi is always watchable. :thumleft:

LightCastShadows

Post by LightCastShadows » May 15th, '10, 22:27

caramelchampagne wrote:well i like detective stories and i start watching this drama for abe hiroshi and mizoubata junpei but i feel it's boring lil bit may be coz i comparing it to galileo or boss i don't know but i think it's more about the people who lives in the area than trying to solve the crime
may be it want to say every smiling face always hide secrets
any way i will wait till watch epi 4 and see if it is getting any better or not may be after that i can skip many epis till just watch the end BUT if it continued that way i think 11 epi for this series will be too much
Read what Chuks said about that on the last page... Here, I'll quote him for you:
Chuks wrote:I think if you start looking at this drama as an humane drama, not as a crime drama,

crimes."

hiroshi

Very well done mystery ...

Post by hiroshi » May 17th, '10, 17:39

I, for one, am enjoying this series a lot. As Chuks noted, this is a human drama with each episode a minor mystery wrapped in the larger murder mystery. If you're looking for car crashes, explosions, lots of blood, and murder cases solved in 46 minutes (stuff you don't usually see in everyday real life) then, this series is probably not for you.

Instead, you're introduced into the complex world of human behavior and why people do the things they do, including keeping secrets, lying, and hiding their true nature while leading ordinary lives. Each episode drops subtle clues (for which I'm sure we've probably missed) as to who the culprit was and the motive behind his/her actions.

Episodes 1-3. So far, so good. Looking forward to the rest of the series. And thanks to Chuks for a first-rate translation job.

saayan

Post by saayan » May 18th, '10, 10:45

I agree! If you look at it as more of a human drama than just a who-done-it, it doesn't disappoint. Really liking it so far!

Yay~ Tanihara Shosuke will be in the next episode. I thought it was odd that he didn't have any dramas this season. Glad to see him even if it's a guest appearance. :lol

caramelchampagne

Post by caramelchampagne » May 18th, '10, 11:32

yesterday i watched epi 3 and really i like it alot

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 18th, '10, 13:32

saayan wrote:Yay~ Tanihara Shosuke will be in the next episode.
Cool. :thumright:

He's one of my favorite, if underrated, actors.

totemokakkoii

Post by totemokakkoii » May 18th, '10, 16:51

i am enjoying this show... probably the only drama i look forward to each week for this season.
a very interesting way of narrating a detective/crime-solving drama... i like the tone and pace of the entire show..and the light humour in between.. cool!

chokubi

Post by chokubi » May 19th, '10, 17:19

Looks like the pace is picking up in episode 5, and there's more focus on the murder leads. Interesting thing is, the same episode formula was still used to produce this result.
And I suppose Aoyama Ami's involvement had a lot to do with it.

The "wrong corner" logic was pretty cool, though somewhat convenient.
My expectations are low at this point, but I hope that they can dispense better clues for future episodes.

As expected, Kusakari Tamio's character will be back in episode 6. TBH, I'm actually more excited of her return than Tanihara Shosuke's appearance.
Mainly because of she's a close friend of Mitsui Mineko. And having seen how the involvement of closer-related people = lesser story derailment, I have high hopes for ep6.

Oh, and please buck up your acting, Mukai Osamu. Even Kashiwabara Shuji thinks you suck. : P

totemokakkoii

Post by totemokakkoii » May 22nd, '10, 02:23

episode 5 is really good.. finally more related information are being disclose... now we finally know more about the son and his girlfriend... though they have nothing to do with the crime, at least now we know they Really have nothing to do with the crime.. haha.. that's something more related...
this is really one of the most interesting drama of this season...

caramelchampagne

Post by caramelchampagne » May 22nd, '10, 04:41

HI GUYS PLZ ANY ONE GOT THE OPENING THEME OF SHINZANMONO IF SO CAN YOU PLZ UPLOAD LINK ON MEDIA FIRE OR RAPIDSHARE ONIGAISHMASU

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » May 23rd, '10, 02:42

So far so good and the pace is stable except for Ep4, the most slow-paced epi.(I fell asleep watching Ep4 XD) The clock man's plot was the least interesting for me^^ Harada Yoshio is one of my fave, so its really too bad, for me, he didn't get a good story.

But Ep5 was very good, coz they finally focus on Kuroki Meisa and Mukai Osamu's characters. But, I think Mukai is quite a miscast for a mystery-humane drama, I'm actually Mukai's fan, but why was his acting in Ep5 looked so bad?? :crazy:
During that emotional scene at the end, Kuroki Meisa did a very good acting, but Mukai kinda wrecked it up XD

Anyway, loved the story for Ep5 and so far the best one together with Ep1.

So the person who called Mitsui Mineko from public phone is Kusakari Tamio, I'd take it? I wonder if she really IS the killer since she kept saying she has killed Mineko XD (maybe she has a mental problem :P)

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 23rd, '10, 04:20

I'm only on Episode 3 since I'm at the mercy of the fansubber, so bear with me...

Episode 3 was another good episode, though we're still pretty much kept in the dark about Aoyama Ami's (Kuroki Meisa) involvement in the story other than she's shacking up with the murdered woman's son... I think it might be a set up for some shocking revelation later...

The ending of each episode is getting to be JIN-like: an emotional, teary-eyed conclusion/resolution of Kaga's (Abe Hiroshi) investigation... Not saying that it's bad, but it is getting rather redundant. :sweat:

Abe is still the standout here: he dominates every scene without having to try very hard... And his stealthy, Columbo-like reappearances at the suspect's door always makes me chuckle. :)
I'm still wondering when he'll get to try the taikyaki... Seems like there's some conspiracy by the locals to sidetrack him when he's in line. :hehe: He got really close in this episode, but I knew he'd fail. :lol

chokubi

Post by chokubi » May 23rd, '10, 04:59

yanie wrote:But, I think Mukai is quite a miscast for a mystery-humane drama, I'm actually Mukai's fan, but why was his acting in Ep5 looked so bad??
Guess I wasn't the only one. To think I actually tried to hide my comment about his bad acting discreetly in my last post, lol.
During that emotional scene at the end, Kuroki Meisa did a very good acting, but Mukai kinda wrecked it up XD
At least the producers brought in Kashiwabara Shuji to tell Mukai straight in the face, rofl.
So the person who called Mitsui Mineko from public phone is Kusakari Tamio, I'd take it?
It's either her or Tanihara Shosuke's character. 'Cause in ep6's preview, Kusakari also asked the same question as Mineko, so they might both be referring to Tanihara.
I wonder if she really IS the killer since she kept saying she has killed Mineko XD (maybe she has a mental problem :P)
I doubt it, 'cause wouldn't it bring the show to an abrupt end?
I recall her saying in episode 1 that she betrayed Mineko, which resulted in her death. Which goes to show that she either did something that cause Mineko to separate from her ex-husband, or that she might even know who could have killed Mineko.
Seeing that it's a Higashino Keigo drama, I have a feeling it would be someone as surprising as Kaga himself or someone totally out of the blue. I only hope they can make him surface more circumstantially, rather than conveniently, which has been the case for some episodes we've seen so far. :sweat:

ichigo-chii

Post by ichigo-chii » May 29th, '10, 19:30

Don't give me the murderer - give me more of those likeable suspect and witness stories :D

fujitak

Shinzanmono theme song?

Post by fujitak » May 30th, '10, 12:51

What is the title of the song that we could heard at the end of ech episode of Shinzanmono drama ?

Did this song exist in mp3 format ?

soyalatte

Re: Shinzanmono theme song?

Post by soyalatte » May 30th, '10, 13:19

fujitak wrote:What is the title of the song that we could heard at the end of ech episode of Shinzanmono drama ?

Did this song exist in mp3 format ?

The title is "Machi monogatari" by Tatsuro Yamashita,

which is going to be released on 2nd June!

I love this song as well... :thumright:

Sorvaseven

Post by Sorvaseven » May 30th, '10, 13:42

街物語(まちものがたり) ~ 山下達郎
Streets (Story Town) ~ Yamashita Tatsuro

Release date is June 2, 2010

Edohiguma

Post by Edohiguma » Jun 7th, '10, 14:00

He'll never get his taiyaki. Never! It's a conspiracy.

Really need to try this stuff next time I'm over there.

Speaking of taiyaki. Does anyone know who's playing the taiyaki waitress? The short-haired, small and spunky one with the "sign of doom" who always foils his plans. I seem to have missed it. Yeah, I'm getting old.

I'm beginning to think she's the killer and now she's taunting the police! :mrgreen:

Also, police work usually isn't as flashy as seen on tv. My father was a cop for 40 years and most of the work is routine and paperwork. If one finally has something outside the routine, well, then it takes time. And I just love how they work through the suspects, eliminating one after one, which is pretty realistic, considering they don't have any really hard leads. It's not CSI, where they blast through a case within 40 minutes, and I thank the gods for that.

chokubi

Post by chokubi » Jun 7th, '10, 14:20

Edohiguma wrote:Does anyone know who's playing the taiyaki waitress? The short-haired, small and spunky one with the "sign of doom" who always foils his plans.
She's Sawaki Ruka (沢木ルカ). Apparenly, she's Kuroki Meisa's talent agency junior too, together with Horikita Maki and Uchiyama Rina.
It's not CSI, where they blast through a case within 40 minutes, and I thank the gods for that.
I guess this may be one of the reasons why some viewers find the pace of this show a little too slow or what have you.

The show's theme song PV (Machi Monogatari by Yamashita Tatsuro) is out on youtube too.

Edohiguma

Post by Edohiguma » Jun 7th, '10, 14:25

chokubi wrote:She's Sawaki Ruka (沢木ルカ). Apparenly, she's Kuroki Meisa's talent agency junior too, together with Horikita Maki and Uchiyama Rina.
Sweet! :cheers: Thank you.
chokubi wrote:I guess this may be one of the reasons why some viewers find the pace of this show a little too slow or what have you..
Yeah, I agree. Personally I dislike CSI because it's often totally unrealistic. I really like the pace of 新参者, it's slow, yes, but on purpose. A proper investigation takes time, even when you catch the killer at the still warm body of the victim.

L'Arc

Post by L'Arc » Jun 11th, '10, 11:54

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/3843/ihlgftr5678.jpg
Great wallpaper, what do you think? Abe-san got this scary look in his eyes :crazy:

totemokakkoii

Post by totemokakkoii » Jun 12th, '10, 10:51

i thought i saw hayami mokomichi in the next episode preview??? is he going to be someone outside of the town?? i thought every person must be related to the victim or to the town.. hmm~~~

chokubi

Post by chokubi » Jun 12th, '10, 13:16

totemokakkoii wrote:i thought i saw hayami mokomichi in the next episode preview??? is he going to be someone outside of the town?? i thought every person must be related to the victim or to the town.. hmm~~~
He's the son of Kishida Yosaku, the tax accountant of Mineko's ex-husband.

L'Arc

Post by L'Arc » Jun 17th, '10, 19:11

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Dec 1st, '10, 00:44

GREAT NEWS! :cheers:

"Shinzanmono" drama gets special episode
The drama series "Shinzanmono" will be returning to television with a special episode at the start of next year. Based on a Keigo Higashino novel, the drama originally aired this past spring with Hiroshi Abe (46) as the lead actor. This time, the story will adapt an earlier book in the same novel series.

"Shinzanmono" was the 8th book in Higashino's "Kyoichiro Kaga" series. The special episode, titled "Akai Yubi ~ Shinzanmono: Kaga Kyoichiro Futatabi!," is based on the 7th book, "Akai Yubi." The story features the same characters. In particular, Abe will return as the detective Kyoichiro Kaga, while Meisa Kuroki (22) and Junpei Mizobata (21) will also be back in their same roles.

Tetta Sugimoto, Naomi Nishida, Yasuko Tomita, Sumie Sasaki, and Tsutomu Yamazaki have also been cast.

TBS will broadcast "Akai Yubi" on January 3. The episode will be two and a half hours long.

source: tokyograph

Now, the question is: Would he be able to buy Taiyaki from that shop? :mrgreen:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Dec 1st, '10, 02:49

MisS Lonliah wrote:Now, the question is: Would he be able to buy Taiyaki from that shop? :mrgreen:
LOL, my thoughts exactly. :thumright: :lol

Chuks

Post by Chuks » Dec 1st, '10, 02:53

Akai Yubi(Red finger) is a good one.
I hope somebody will upload it.

panadol

Post by panadol » Dec 9th, '10, 11:56

This drama is really good! How it chains from 1 episode to the next. With excellent music and acting by Abe. Can't get enough of Abe dramas. His lead role dramas are really my favourite.

Lol and taiyaki looks delicious. :D

panadol

Post by panadol » Dec 9th, '10, 11:58

bmwracer wrote:
MisS Lonliah wrote:Now, the question is: Would he be able to buy Taiyaki from that shop? :mrgreen:
LOL, my thoughts exactly. :thumright: :lol
Lol same thought. :thumleft: :thumright: Definitely want to try some of them. Lol so funny when Abe doesn't want to get it from others.

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Dec 9th, '10, 15:26

panadol wrote:Lol so funny when Abe doesn't want to get it from others.
hahah yeah!!! :mrgreen:

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Dec 28th, '10, 13:12

Reminder:SP on January 3rd titled 'Akai Yubi'

kiddygrade

Post by kiddygrade » Dec 28th, '10, 14:55

furransu wrote:Reminder:SP on January 3rd titled 'Akai Yubi'
Exactly :)

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Dec 28th, '10, 19:01

TBS will have a behind-the-scenes video for "Shinzanmono"/"Akai Yubi" on the show's website between Dec 30 and Jan 1 only

source:
http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/confidence/83462/full/

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jan 6th, '11, 02:02

Chuks wrote:I just watched the SP, and I liked it better than the original series.
So I'll be subbing it.

:cheers:

ermac

Post by ermac » Apr 14th, '11, 14:04

Finally got time to watch this drama after a long break..

2 main reason why i want to watch this drama ; definitely Abe hiroshi & Kuroki Meisa.. :wub:

Abe Hiroshi is great in this drama but i think it is not his best drama..
The story is good.. It reminds me of Koori no Sekai.. but this time i guess the wrong murderer..

Higashino Keigo is very good at write homicide story..
Galileo is one of his best..

taiyaki looks delicious.. anyone has try it before..? how it taste?

Perzona

Post by Perzona » Jun 28th, '11, 16:55

Finished the main drama which I thought was great.

I then watched the special and found it amazing. So beautiful....

Everyone should check it out.

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jun 29th, '11, 00:16

Old news but maybe some haven't read about it

“Shinzanmono” movie announced for 2012
Posted on May 25, 2011 by tokyograph

The “Shinzanmono” drama series is getting a movie next year. Doi Nobuhiro is directing the film, which is tentatively titled “Kirin no Tsubasa: Gekijoban Shinzanmono.” Abe Hiroshi (46) will return in the starring role, along with Mizobata Junpei (21) and Kuroki Meisa (22).

“Shinzanmono” is an adaptation of Higashino Keigo’s “Kyoichiro Kaga” mystery novels. The original television series aired in the spring of 2010 and was based on the 8th book, also titled “Shinzanmono.” This past January, the series got a special episode, based on the 7th book, “Akai Yubi.” Now, the movie will cover the 9th book, “Kirin no Tsubasa,” which was just published two months ago in March.

Tanaka Lena (31) and Yamazaki Tsutomu (74), who both appeared in the “Akai Yubi” special, will also return for the movie.

Filming started on May 12 and is expected to finish in early July. Currently, “Kirin no Tsubasa” is planned for release in January 2012.

chili01

Post by chili01 » Jul 25th, '11, 03:17

I'm trying to watch this series. Can someone point where I can watch it in good quality, possibly a Direct Download, or a torrent with seeds?

Thank you!

kidor_didine
France

Post by kidor_didine » Jul 25th, '11, 12:14

You can find direct download on Nomanymore blog:
http://nomanymore.blogspot.com/
You need to register yourself, for the links not to be stolen.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jul 25th, '11, 23:16

chili01 wrote:I'm trying to watch this series. Can someone point where I can watch it in good quality, possibly a Direct Download, or a torrent with seeds?

Thank you!
I have all ten episodes (704x396)... I can seed them if you want me to. :thumright:

nikid

Post by nikid » Jul 26th, '11, 09:52

chili01 wrote:I'm trying to watch this series. Can someone point where I can watch it in good quality, possibly a Direct Download, or a torrent with seeds?

Thank you!
I'm seeding all the episodes in good quality (1280x720 x264) :thumright: