[Discussion] Dosokai (2010)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

[Discussion] Dosokai (2010)

Post by Keiko1981 » May 24th, '10, 12:07

Just creating a discussion topic for the drama Dosokai (2010).
Discussion for Dousoukai (1993) can be found here.
Two different dramas but with the same name.

Romance

Post by Romance » May 24th, '10, 16:50

The first episodes felt kinda soap-ish, but the last one (ep6?) was really good. Things are surely starting to happen 8)

ichigo-chii

Post by ichigo-chii » May 25th, '10, 16:27

I just hope it doesn't end up with Miyazawas' daughter and Sugiyamas' son as couple because the parents can't be together - fulfilling the love in the next generation like in some manga...
But so far I really enjoy this series - although it actually is my parents' generation. Still, to me it feels kinda youngish. Maybe it's because of the class reunion and those revived pre-matural feelings :roll

Amanogawa

Post by Amanogawa » May 29th, '10, 08:28

ichigo-chii wrote:
I just hope it doesn't end up with Miyazawas' daughter and Sugiyamas' son as couple because the parents can't be together - fulfilling the love in the next generation like in some manga...
I also hope that doesn't happen.

I've been watching it from the beginning and I have become hooked on it. I know that I shouldn't want Sugiyama and Tomomi to get together because they are married, but not happily married it seems.
Is it just me that wanted them to kiss? I know I haven't watched very many Japanese (romance) dramas, but when all they did was hug, I was like if this were an American drama they would've kissed already. :glare:

I can't say how their chemistry would've been though. In a lot of Jdramas it seems a little awkward.
I'm about to watch the 6th episode, I hope it's good. :-)

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » May 29th, '10, 11:53

This and Team Batista 2 are two dramas I've been following this season. Dousoukai is the 1st of the kind of drama I've ever watched (many says it resembles to SCANDAL but I haven't seen that 1) I just love how unexpected certain events go and you just can't blame even though you know the things they do is wrong, rationally. The acting is soo good, Kuroki Hitomi never fails me. I've watched ep 5-6 raw and waiting for subs, I'm sure that scene will have same or even more impact on me ;_;

Romance

Post by Romance » May 30th, '10, 00:29

Just let me drop in and say that Ep 6 was great!
Wish that more people watched this and joined this discussion!

Hope tomomi and sugiyama will end up together 8)

Amanogawa

Post by Amanogawa » May 30th, '10, 06:39

I watched the 6th episode as well and it was great. I hate how they left it off though, and I can't wait to see the next one.

Regardless if Sugiyama and Tomomi end up together, which I really want to happen, I want Tomomi to leave that jerk of a husband of hers. I can't believe the way he acted, maybe it brought out the worst in him, but that's a side of him that is so ugly and pathetic. I wonder what she saw in him in the first place.

I do feel bad for Sugiyama's wife though, not so much their son because he's kind of annoying too. I don't see much love between them though.

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » May 30th, '10, 09:54

I'm wondering is it normal that they didn't keep in contact at all after graduation? I mean in many jdramas it's being treated like a "forever" goodbye. Sometimes it feels weird, or is it like that in JP? cause normally you can hang out together even after quitting your high-school, right? ^^

ichigo-chii

Post by ichigo-chii » May 30th, '10, 10:43

I don't think that's so unusual. It's five years now since my graduation. And there's only one girl I write to every once in a while. Everyone changes in his/her own pace and way after graduation - one doesn't have classes with each other every day, grows farther apart by leading an own live. I guess that's only natural...

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » May 30th, '10, 11:04

well I guess it depends on person. But in this drama it still seems strange cause Sugiyama and Tomomi liked each other right? I mean what stopped them to stay in contact if they really liked the other? Idk, wasn't there telephone or anything lol I mean, 30 yrs seem pretty long time to me..

And about Tomomi's husband being an ****.. well people change. sad but true.

ichigo-chii

Post by ichigo-chii » May 30th, '10, 11:32

But they didn't even confess. And boys and girls in Japan keep their distance if they're not dating or intimate friends. I think it more strange that Tomomi and Yoko didn't keep in contact...

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » May 31st, '10, 00:19

^ oh yea now you mention it. I almost forget this is Japan ^^;;

Mirokujin

Post by Mirokujin » Jun 13th, '10, 01:07

one of the best dramas in this season.

It was not as interesting as Scandal in the beginning, but the script writer did a better job digging into the relation between four main characters. The casting is very good and the acting is just fabulous..

ichigo-chii

Post by ichigo-chii » Jun 13th, '10, 18:21

Am I the only one who can't believe Manas sudden change of heart? I mean, she adores her mother, wants to be with her all the time - and when she finally gets the chance, she chases after her other mother?

voldemort

Post by voldemort » Jun 13th, '10, 21:53

+1

She's way too young to understand in a spot that her real mother is not ready yet...

Amanogawa

Post by Amanogawa » Jun 16th, '10, 09:02

ichigo-chii wrote:
Am I the only one who can't believe Manas sudden change of heart? I mean, she adores her mother, wants to be with her all the time - and when she finally gets the chance, she chases after her other mother?
Yeah, it did seem a little sudden, but they do only have a limited amount of episodes. I am glad that she realized that her mom seemed like a flake and that Yoko is a better mother than she will ever be.

Now, the last episode sort of had me grinding my teeth. I thought Tomomi wanted to be with Sugiyama, but then she changes her mind and then she changes it again but it's too late. And doesn't he ever look through his rear view mirror? :roll

I know she doesn't want to hurt her children but at some point you have to consider yourself and your own happiness. Maybe they couldn't understand at their age, but when they're older they would. It seems that they took her for granted, and she was around only to cook and clean.

ichigo-chii

Post by ichigo-chii » Jun 19th, '10, 13:37

Am I imagining things or does Tomomi look from episode to episode more and more exhausted... Do you think this is on purpose?! Or am I making things up?!
And doesn't he ever look through his rear view mirror?
That's exactly what I was thinking...

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jun 19th, '10, 15:04

oh well, the ending was a bit rushed to me. and
Okubo died ;__; his character really grows on me. It was very sad when Yoko cried in the end...
And I wish they made it more clear for Tomomi & Sugiyama, I get that they're together, since they don't have their rings anymore. So I guess it's okay? ^_^
Nonetheless I still enjoyed the series, my fav this season, 2nd is team batista 2 ^^

Amanogawa

Post by Amanogawa » Jun 20th, '10, 14:42

Yeah, I was hoping there would be 11 episodes, lol, at least that's what it said on the wiki. I don't know how much more they could have dragged it out though.

But I really did like the ending, it was very sad and I felt bad for Yoko at the end too. I'm just glad that they finally did get together at the end, though a kiss or something might have been good.

It was a good drama overall, and one I enjoyed the whole way through, even if I was frustrated at times.