[Discussion] GOLD (Amami Yuki, Sorimachi Takashi)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
YamapiRocks27

Post by YamapiRocks27 » Aug 22nd, '10, 16:28

In other news Matsuzaka Tori just updated his Blog and got the script for the final episode , so Gold has 11 episodes, if anyone didnt know :)! :D

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Aug 22nd, '10, 18:41

@YamapiRocks27 what do you mean Kou's father is alive?? Did I miss something big? Btw, I watched your vid. It's so well done, music and clips fit really nicely. Enjoyed watching it!

I'm glad they finally explained about Tomo, I was wondering why only Yuri and Rika talked to him but baka-me never guessed he didn't exist :lol and now i do understand why Joji seemed to despise Yuri's ex-husband so much.
Anyway, ep 7 got me back on the hook. I'm really excited how things'll turn out :D

YamapiRocks27

Post by YamapiRocks27 » Aug 22nd, '10, 18:49

arakira wrote:
@YamapiRocks27 what do you mean Kou's father is alive?? Did I miss something big? Btw, I watched your vid. It's so well done, music and clips fit really nicely. Enjoyed watching it!

I'm glad they finally explained about Tomo, I was wondering why only Yuri and Rika talked to him but baka-me never guessed he didn't exist :lol and now i do understand why Joji seemed to despise Yuri's ex-husband so much.
Anyway, ep 7 got me back on the hook. I'm really excited how things'll turn out :D

Thank you very much am glad you enjoyed watching :)! hehe
Read the spoilers back what i was replying to from their i think they got mixed up saying father instead of Brother
This is waht thye said
the sisters who are introduced to Kou at the beginning of the episode. the older one suggested to Kou to injure himself before the Olympics selection round. That way he doesnt have to face being a loser. like how his father died in an accident and became a legend without going to the Olympics. Kou could become a legend that way too (minus the death).
id rather have Kou Gte hit by spacing out not on purpose ...

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Aug 22nd, '10, 19:44

Ah, I see. I don't think he's the type to do something like that on purpose, just because of what that girl said. I could rather imagine the younger sister trying to kill herself and Kou getting hit trying to save her...I mean he did get a shock from the news about his dad's suicide but I would be disappointed if he'd try to hurt himself just for that....

I really wonder about Joji after ep 7. He seems to have a dark secret, too...

Well, there's still 4 eps left, if they keep up the pace, there'll be many twists and surprises ahead i guess :D

YamapiRocks27

Post by YamapiRocks27 » Aug 22nd, '10, 19:56

arakira wrote:
Ah, I see. I don't think he's the type to do something like that on purpose, just because of what that girl said. I could rather imagine the younger sister trying to kill herself and Kou getting hit trying to save her...I mean he did get a shock from the news about his dad's suicide but I would be disappointed if he'd try to hurt himself just for that....

I really wonder about Joji after ep 7. He seems to have a dark secret, too...

Well, there's still 4 eps left, if they keep up the pace, there'll be many twists and surprises ahead i guess :D
His dad's alive, he talked to his dad, isnt it his Uncle whos dead , did i miss something here lol, yay thats what am saying he wasnt consentrating last episode that could get him killed,
But after hearing that the fountune teller tells Yuri one will win gold and she will lose one, with Tori having the script for 11 i dont think it will be Kou or Yuri has woken up from his accident and relieazed i dont know

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Aug 22nd, '10, 20:55

Haha you're right, I just got confused with what you wrote before:
YamapiRocks27 wrote:
Kou's Fathers alive, am confused, i thought he got hit by a moterbike cause he was spacing out to the sister saying about how its not worth what u feel if u loose, not to hurt himself that sucks)and loose one of them oh no... i dont want that , this is one of my Favourite drama's ...
Yeah, maybe none of them will die, the fortune teller said 'loose' that might not mean death and mybe the woman's not right at all. Anyway, can't wait for the next ep =)

saayan

Post by saayan » Aug 23rd, '10, 12:17

Just finished ep 7:
I was totally caught by surprise regarding the truth behind Tomo. :O It gave me goosebumps.
Regarding ep 8 preview:
Rape!? :crazy: Car accidents!? Seems like Nojima Shinji is busting out the classic Jdrama tropes all in one go now. XD

Things are definitely starting to pick up momentum.

noshadow31

Post by noshadow31 » Aug 23rd, '10, 17:24

oops sorry. i meant uncle not father :P

back to ep7 again
anyone out there also feel disappointed by Joji and Yuri's decision of not telling the cameraman the truth? The reason being not wanting to hurt Saotome's legacy and the fans' feelings? What the heck is that? bullsh*t!!

this drama is very good at depicting self-righteous (and a bit delusional) person who likes to preach others while failing his/her own life (and those around him/her) :P

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Aug 23rd, '10, 19:46

Hm...I just finished ep7. Okay I guess both Yuri and Joji are disappointments. Joji is trying to protect Yuri's family but still... It seems Joji treats Yuri's kids as his? Why else would he be so adamant Kou be the successor? The Tomo story is weird...O_o
If Yuri sees Tomo, it's a figment of her imagination. However the secretary also sees Tomo :O Is Tomo a ghost and they're both seeing ghosts???

I wonder how much more twisted the story can get...Akira becomes pregnant? O_o

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Aug 24th, '10, 13:23

Maybe he is his father ;)

As for Tomo, Rika has the ability to see apparitins like Tomo, the driver's wife or the receptionist's son (was wondering why they had those scenes but I never made the connection to Tomo... ) She calls it 'omoi' - something like lingering feelings maybe?! Dunno but I find it weird, too...somehow it doesn't fit well into the story but I guess they wanted to show how much the loss of the baby still affects Yuri.

Akira pregnant? After getting raped? Was it in the preview? Wow, the writer's really pulling out all the stops...

YamapiRocks27

Post by YamapiRocks27 » Aug 24th, '10, 14:47

arakira wrote:
Maybe he is his father ;)

As for Tomo, Rika has the ability to see apparitins like Tomo, the driver's wife or the receptionist's son (was wondering why they had those scenes but I never made the connection to Tomo... ) She calls it 'omoi' - something like lingering feelings maybe?! Dunno but I find it weird, too...somehow it doesn't fit well into the story but I guess they wanted to show how much the loss of the baby still affects Yuri.

Akira pregnant? After getting raped? Was it in the preview? Wow, the writer's really pulling out all the stops...
Am gonna confuse people again here, and say is it Rape ?? i know it looks like it, but it makes no sense, why,, theirs nothing about rape on the trailer detail on the site, but then again a google translated soo.. but maybe she being held down, from kicking and screaming about the truth that guy left her, , defo look slike rape i know am stupid but .. hmm and after waiting a whole week when it comes, i have a feeling the whole MoterBike accident with Kou and his Dad with him , being taken to the hospital will be at the end of the episode am hoping not, cause theid kill me waiting another week when Collage starts back up after 9 ..

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Aug 24th, '10, 16:26

arakira wrote:
No no...I mean the story is getting so out of hand. I was being sarcastic
Akira slept with her cousin, so there is a possibility she might get pregnant. So it's not rape. It's just the way they wrote in the dead child and Rika could see the same thing as Yuri that it's scary. I think what Rika saw beside the chauffeur was just her imagination?
The writer has not yet shown his point yet. I hope there's a point to all this writing. Otherwise it seems I've wasted my time on it.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Aug 25th, '10, 06:47

Baka me. I'm really slow sometimes :doh:
Rika was talking, to Yuri I think, about her ability to see people's lingering feelings as apparitions. Don't remember whether it was ep. 6 or 7. I thought It was her imagination when she saw the receptionit's boy at first, too
I still really like this drama. I do feel some points are getting too much focus, I could do without Yuri's rants and some things are too exaggerated. Still I like how the characters aren't one-dimensional and how Amami portrays (quote noshadow31:) a self-righteous (and a bit delusional) person who likes to preach others while failing his/her own life ;). The drama manages to make me laugh, angry, sad etc and I do feel with all the characters. So even if there's no hidden message/different point, I'd still be satisfied...not like with TnK or SnN :-)

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Aug 25th, '10, 07:32

arakira wrote:
Rika was talking, to Yuri I think, about her ability to see people's lingering feelings as apparitions. Don't remember whether it was ep. 6 or 7. I thought It was her imagination when she saw the receptionit's boy at first, too
Then Rika must be really out of it. She can't tell apart ghosts and humans? It's also strange the driver doesn't notice Yuri acting all weird when she's in the car hugging Tomo who isn't there and talking to herself.

YamapiRocks27

Post by YamapiRocks27 » Aug 25th, '10, 22:26

Ahhh it airs tomorrow been waiting all week! problem is my keyhole tv is soo rubbish... does anyone know another way of watching :)! :D Thank you

YamapiRocks27

Post by YamapiRocks27 » Aug 26th, '10, 13:58

just watched 8 on Keyhole tv, Sooo bad , hard to watch but had to been bugging me all week
Think am losing it with Gold... i mean they have you so Shocked u think oh no its gonna be a two parter and yah gonna be in shock,Yuri' and Family are gonna rush to the hospital and sit around Kou's beside, Yuri begging him to wake up and that what wakes her up and she then knows that gold is a pieace of menal and that family is the Gold, but nooo turns out Kou's messed up as in mind,he's fine as in awake and talking and even though he just tried to kill himself, Yuri just stands their , Dosnt say a word and now shes in her usual place and not stayed at the hospital and cares...... now shes attacking AKIRA because she got the same tatoo and her lover,,,, WTH! SHE'S THE ONE MESSED UP! shes lost her
children.......as in they have had it with olmpics and prob gone and left
home, i would, i don't know but Yuri's lost My respect, i dont even know why i made that PROUD MV! Shes too obsessed with Gold ... to even care, she breaks down watching the kid's videos and then is back to her normal self just like that because Ren has come back and will win her Gold ... WTH, Two of her kid's are in a State, Kou's on crutchers in the preview i reckon hes staying at his Dad;s ( so he can't swim and shes all obsessed and smiley as Ren's gona do it, when he has a heart condiiton..... :x :O :-( :cry: :argue: :cussing:

noshadow31

Post by noshadow31 » Aug 29th, '10, 15:18

just finished watching ep8
the title GOLD is so misleading. they should rename it to The Tragedy of Saotome Family. :P

so Kou did injure himself and Yuri still didnt realize what she's been doing was totally wrong but still insisted for Kou to get rehab and go to Olympics. She's totally lost it, as a mother, and as a person. I mean how cruel could one be? to her own child even!

She hasn't been living in a real world since the death of her brother I think. always in her own dream world of getting Gold. -_-;; this woman is mad.

Kou's grandmom (Yuri's mother) then had to step in and kept Kou away from Yuri. Grandmom is the only one sensible enough to see things the way they are. All the other characters in the story doesnt even think of reprimanding Yuri for cornering Kou like that.

then akira getting the butterfly tattoo. Yuri couldn't take it one bit and started hitting her own b-child. apparently in japan, having tattoo means disqualification for Olympics. (why is that? is it the same in other countries as well?)

so having no one left, Yuri decided to go depend on Ren who is stupid enough to risk his life getting Gold for his mommy. -_-;;

At this point in time Yuri still doesnt know about Ren's heart condition but from the next week preview, she will know and will still want Ren to continue running. OMG. and she's still considered herself a mother?
Cant wait to see Yuri lost one of her children. :P

YamapiRocks27

Post by YamapiRocks27 » Aug 30th, '10, 00:14

noshadow31 wrote:just finished watching ep8
the title GOLD is so misleading. they should rename it to The Tragedy of Saotome Family. :P

so Kou did injure himself and Yuri still didnt realize what she's been doing was totally wrong but still insisted for Kou to get rehab and go to Olympics. She's totally lost it, as a mother, and as a person. I mean how cruel could one be? to her own child even!

She hasn't been living in a real world since the death of her brother I think. always in her own dream world of getting Gold. -_-;; this woman is mad.

Kou's grandmom (Yuri's mother) then had to step in and kept Kou away from Yuri. Grandmom is the only one sensible enough to see things the way they are. All the other characters in the story doesnt even think of reprimanding Yuri for cornering Kou like that.

then akira getting the butterfly tattoo. Yuri couldn't take it one bit and started hitting her own b-child. apparently in japan, having tattoo means disqualification for Olympics. (why is that? is it the same in other countries as well?)

so having no one left, Yuri decided to go depend on Ren who is stupid enough to risk his life getting Gold for his mommy. -_-;;

At this point in time Yuri still doesnt know about Ren's heart condition but from the next week preview, she will know and will still want Ren to continue running. OMG. and she's still considered herself a mother?
Cant wait to see Yuri lost one of her children. :P
Woah ok , when i saw it on keyhole i saw she was all mad at Kou but when i saw the hq fulll version i saw she was Worried for him i was ok, then i saw her hit Akira and was like whaat!!! new it was cause the olmpics thing but still OMG. but now i find out from you she said Kou should go Rehab, she dosnt deserve her kids, shes begging for Kou to Come home next week but , how can she be that cold, Her Brother who commited suide was a Hero to her not , oh he he survives he should go Rehab..... i dont bealive her at all...Go the Grandma.
Hmm after your statement maybe i will go make that Dark Gold Video cause Yuri dosnt care on bit.. anyone know a song with lyrics of WAKE UP their suffering for you, or something along the lines???

L'Arc

Post by L'Arc » Aug 31st, '10, 04:04

Why does Amami Yuki-san look so thin like a stick in this drama? :(
Anyway I really enjoy watching this (6 eps. so far)

YamapiRocks27

Post by YamapiRocks27 » Sep 5th, '10, 13:30

Watched 9 on tudou on friday ,

does anyone know whats happened to the actcal download of 9 ??

noshadow31

Post by noshadow31 » Sep 8th, '10, 13:29

hahaha nobody's talking about the show anymore :P

just finished watching ep 9
I actually feel better about Yuri. last week I was so angry to see Yuri still insisting Ren to continue swimming even after learning the truth about Ren's heart condition. (from ep9 preview)

we learn from this ep that actually Yuri overheard the conversation between Ren and his father. Ren said he was willing to die to get the gold. he feels better now with a purpose in life (even though endangering his life). and i think that's why Yuri didnt stop him from swimming. :)

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Sep 8th, '10, 17:35

noshadow31 wrote:hahaha nobody's talking about the show anymore :P

just finished watching ep 9
I actually feel better about Yuri. last week I was so angry to see Yuri still insisting Ren to continue swimming even after learning the truth about Ren's heart condition. (from ep9 preview)

we learn from this ep that actually Yuri overheard the conversation between Ren and his father. Ren said he was willing to die to get the gold. he feels better now with a purpose in life (even though endangering his life). and i think that's why Yuri didnt stop him from swimming. :)
I just didn't know what to say. This family really is one big mess. I was speechless but I admire Amami-san there. She does a great job.
About the tattoo: In Japan they are associated with the Yakuza and criminals. People with tattoo's are even banned from some public baths. So I guess she won't be allowed into the national team with a tattoo on her shoulder.

Yuri really is a bad Mum imo, I just can't deny it any longer. The commenters who said that before were absolutely right. She just doesn't care about anything but Gold in the end. Even if she does have her tender family moments...Ah and I hated the ending, so cheesy, especially Akira looking at Tomo...

About Ren, didn't she say she knew all along cause she'd consulted a doctor before? And even if she just learnded it from their conversation. What mother can tolerate her kid staking his life just to please his Mum?!? A real mother would stop him at all cost and not say it's ok because it was his choice!

I am pretty annoyed about Kou's petty self-injury trip. I didn't see it coming and somehow it's a bit too much. Same with Masaru (hikikomori) a few punches and he's the ideal son rooting for his mom to catch the guy?!? This story gets less and less believable.

I'm excited to learn more about the grandmother. Where was she when aniki died? Why does she react so strongly to the Yuri's dad? Hope there is a big secret to be revealed...
Hehe and I agree with your alternative title for the show.

YamapiRocks27

Post by YamapiRocks27 » Sep 9th, '10, 22:30

Just watched 10
Am not happy what is the Point of Putting three Siblings in different sports. Since they were kids training them showing videos and then Have Ren who was a Tracker BE A SWIMMER AND TAKE KOU'S PLACE, Why have Kou injure himself, in the story either this is stupid, they should have all had a shot at the end and all got Gold, Ren was a Tracker, not the Swimmer, its not fair how he can just go from tracker to beating kou's record just like that when Kou;s won medals since he was a kid, and cause Akira got a stupid tatoo all her hard works gone to .....

YamapiRocks27

Post by YamapiRocks27 » Sep 9th, '10, 22:35

YamapiRocks27 wrote:Just watched 10
Am not happy what is the Point of Putting three Siblings in different sports. Since they were kids training them showing videos and then Have Ren who was a Tracker BE A SWIMMER AND TAKE KOU'S PLACE, Why have Kou injure himself, in the story either this is stupid, they should have all had a shot at the end and all got Gold, Ren was a Tracker, not the Swimmer, its not fair how he can just go from tracker to beating kou's record just like that when Kou;s won medals since he was a kid, and cause Akira got a stupid tatoo all her hard works gone to .....

OK TAKE IT BACK I LOVE GOLD HAHA just saw the very ending cause i was waiting for it to load NOW THAT KICKED .... .!! WOOOOO :D

noshadow31

Post by noshadow31 » Sep 10th, '10, 10:56

arakira wrote:
I just didn't know what to say. This family really is one big mess. I was speechless but I admire Amami-san there. She does a great job.
About the tattoo: In Japan they are associated with the Yakuza and criminals. People with tattoo's are even banned from some public baths. So I guess she won't be allowed into the national team with a tattoo on her shoulder.

Yuri really is a bad Mum imo, I just can't deny it any longer. The commenters who said that before were absolutely right. She just doesn't care about anything but Gold in the end. Even if she does have her tender family moments...Ah and I hated the ending, so cheesy, especially Akira looking at Tomo...

About Ren, didn't she say she knew all along cause she'd consulted a doctor before? And even if she just learnded it from their conversation. What mother can tolerate her kid staking his life just to please his Mum?!? A real mother would stop him at all cost and not say it's ok because it was his choice!

I am pretty annoyed about Kou's petty self-injury trip. I didn't see it coming and somehow it's a bit too much. Same with Masaru (hikikomori) a few punches and he's the ideal son rooting for his mom to catch the guy?!? This story gets less and less believable.

I'm excited to learn more about the grandmother. Where was she when aniki died? Why does she react so strongly to the Yuri's dad? Hope there is a big secret to be revealed...
Hehe and I agree with your alternative title for the show.
ah i see what you mean about the tattoo. it really is a taboo in Japan. BoA (a jpop/kpop singer who i am a big fan of) got a tattoo and some of her jpn fans made a very big deal out of it. :P
about akira and tomo, i was like what was that too! so now everyone's got this six sense and can see him now or sth? :P

About Ren, I think Yuri honestly didnt know beforehand about Ren's condition which i think was weird. The doctor would definitely need to tell a minor's parents about such severe conditions.

So when Yuri said that she knew everything all along, she was just trying to convince them not to waste their time trying to change her mind.

Yes she's definitely still a bad and evil mom. but I can kinda understand her action after i saw her overheard that conversation. else she'd be evil beyond all the evils in the world including Voldermort. :P

I'm slightly annoyed about Kou and the hikikomori dude storyline too. :(

First the writer made Kou out to be such a mature and perfect kid and then made him dumb in a wink of an eye. just to keep the story going. -_-;; but i try to cut the writer some slack and well, perfectionists cant tolerate failures. ok. that's it.

hikikomori boy, well he's there for a reason still unknown. but since he's not one of the main characters, cant waste screen time for his story that much. ok i'll let it go.

about the grandmom, it's already revealed in the story that she was having an affair when yuri's brother got in an accident.

I might come across as a really demanding viewer (in which I am hehehe) but I really enjoy this drama :D as messed up as she is, I cant help but agree with what Yuri said in every episode. for example in this ep, i totally agree that the cheater (the one having an affair) isn't the only one at fault in the relationship. :)

noshadow31

Post by noshadow31 » Sep 10th, '10, 11:02

Ren was a superior athlete to his brother. He moved to track to make Kou have a shot at the Olympics too. (if their conversation about all this is not just a joke)

YamapiRocks27

Post by YamapiRocks27 » Sep 10th, '10, 17:10

noshadow31 wrote:
Ren was a superior athlete to his brother. He moved to track to make Kou have a shot at the Olympics too. (if their conversation about all this is not just a joke)
Ohhhh cool ok , just cause Ren was seen as little on the track, Kou was the one out of them all who got a medal when he was Younger so i was confused thank you :)!

YamapiRocks27

Post by YamapiRocks27 » Sep 10th, '10, 19:27

YamapiRocks27 wrote:
noshadow31 wrote:
Ohhhh cool ok , just cause Ren was seen as little on the track, Kou was the one out of them all who got a medal when he was Younger so i was confused thank you :)! , Also , Ren's stil gonna sweim even though Kou has arrived ?? what about his heart, everyones worried if Ren did the compertition and stuff about his heart so instead of having them next to each other why not Let Kou take his spot not next to each other ?? am confused hhaha ( i get that alot ) please help as Subs won't be out for ages , which i dont mind cause I Love this Drama ,

noshadow31

Post by noshadow31 » Sep 12th, '10, 15:43

just finished watching ep10
so turns out Yuri making Ren pratice swimming is actually just to bait Kou out. :P
Apparently, she submitted both Kou and Ren names for the selection round contestants.
Since the stalker-ish girl has this supernatural good luck charm power, Kou's leg got fully recovered just in time.
everything will turn out happy-happy then? (yuri doesnt get punished at all? no way! thinking Ren was dying for 3 secs was hardly a just punishment from God, right? right?)

something will happen to Joji next week though. All Saotome kids are going to offer their blood for him.

finale next week! yay!
YamapiRocks27 wrote:
Ohhhh cool ok , just cause Ren was seen as little on the track, Kou was the one out of them all who got a medal when he was Younger so i was confused thank you :)! , Also , Ren's stil gonna sweim even though Kou has arrived ?? what about his heart, everyones worried if Ren did the compertition and stuff about his heart so instead of having them next to each other why not Let Kou take his spot not next to each other ?? am confused hhaha ( i get that alot ) please help as Subs won't be out for ages , which i dont mind cause I Love this Drama ,
i'm not sure either. since Ren is already there, he might as well just swim instead of backing off. no need to exert himself though since the real contender (Kou) has arrived anyway. but yeah you're right. Ren should back out. his heart is not for any kind of exercise even just for fun.

yanaliao

Post by yanaliao » Jul 4th, '11, 09:16

I just watched boss and find Amami-san amusing, do you guys recommend this series? :)
I liked the OST of Boss, sung by Superfly, Gold's OST was sung by Superfly as well, so I'm now wondering should I start off Amami's dorama with Gold?

Thanks for any recommendation. :)

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jul 4th, '11, 15:45

I wouldn't recommend that. Gold isn't that good IMO. It's pretty disturbing. I would recommend "Around 40" and "Top Caster".

yanaliao

Post by yanaliao » Jul 5th, '11, 04:05

Arigatou seirin I'll try Around 40 then... :)