[Discussion] GOLD (Amami Yuki, Sorimachi Takashi)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
MisS Lonliah

[Discussion] GOLD (Amami Yuki, Sorimachi Takashi)

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jun 9th, '10, 21:38

Yuki Amami aims for "GOLD"
Tokyograph wrote: Yuki Amami (42) is confirmed to be starring in a new drama series this summer, tentatively titled "GOLD." The show is a home drama penned by screenwriter Shinji Nojima.

Amami plays Yuri Saotome, a charismatic beautician who runs a major sports gym and aesthetic salon. Her older brother died in an accident just before his opportunity to achieve a gold medal at the Olympics, so she chose to marry a wrestling gold medalist. After giving birth to four children, she and her husband broke off their marriage, leaving Yuri to raise the kids by herself. With their excellent genes, three of them have been raised as possible candidates for the next Olympic games.

"GOLD" will be broadcast by Fuji TV on Thursday nights at 10:00pm, starting this July.
Nagasawa and Sorimachi to join Amami for “GOLD”
kawaii-joyuu.com wrote: Many people are looking forward to Amami Yuuki's (42) new drama series this summer called "GOLD". So far we only heard a little bit about the story, but Fuji TV now finally revealed the additional main cast consisting of actor Sorimachi Takashi (36) and actress Nagasawa Masami (23).

Amami will play the role of Saotome Yuri, a charismatic beautician and manager of a major sports gym and aesthetic salon. She marries a wrestling gold medalists and gives birth to four children. Unfortunately she breaks off the marriage and ends up raising the four children all by herself. Basically her role is going to be something like "Sparta Mom", as they describe it in the Sanspo article, raising her four children that are gifted with excellent genes to become possible swimming gold medalists at the next Olympic games. There will be a lot of family and sports themes to look forward to.

Sorimachi will join the show as the typical childhood friend who ends up having more than just friendly feelings for the main character. His addition should not be that much of a surprise for you, since it had been rumored for a long time that he is going to star alongside Amami this summer. Next to being a childhood friend of Yuri, he will also act as the swimming coach and former starter at the Olympic games. "I will be training possible gold medalists," he described his role. Of course he has to be in nice shape as a coach and former athlete. He revealed that he constantly went to the gym in preparation for his role and even studied a lot of swimming theory. His trained body is expected to attract a lot of female viewers this summer.

Of course male viewers will have something to look forward to as well next to the Sparta Mom. Nagasawa Masami will have a bigger role in this drama, but (unfortunately?) not as one of the four children. She will play Yuri's secretary at the sports gym and will have her hands full dealing with her requests. "The heated discussions between them is definitely something thing to look forward to in this series," Nagasawa commented on the role.

Details
* Title: GOLD
* Format: Renzoku
* Genre: Human
* Episodes:
* Broadcast networks: Fuji TV
* Broadcast period: 2010-Jul-08 start
* Air time: Thursday 22:00
* Theme song: Wildflower by SUPERFLY

Synopsis
Yuri Saotome is a charismatic beautician who runs a major sports gym and aesthetic salon. Her older brother died in an accident just before his opportunity to achieve a gold medal at the Olympics, so she chose to marry a wrestling gold medalist. After giving birth to four children, she and her husband broke off their marriage, leaving Yuri to raise the kids by herself. With their excellent genes, three of them have been raised as possible candidates for the next Olympic games.

Cast
* Amami Yuki as Saotome Yuri
* Sorimachi Takashi
* Nagasawa Masami
* Mikami Kensei
* Terajima Susumu
* Matsuka Doori (松坂桃李) EDIT: his name is Matsuzaka Tori Thanks for the correction YamapiRocks27
* Takei Emi
* Ayano Go (綾野剛)
* Shiga Kotaro
* Kaku Chikako
* Natsuyagi Isao

Production Credits
* Screenwriter: Nojima Shinji
* Producers: Higashi Yasuyuki (東康之)
* Directors: Kawake Shunsaku, Kato Hiromasa (加藤裕将)
* Music: Senju Akira, Ike Yoshihiro

Chart

DramaWiki
Official Site
Last edited by MisS Lonliah on Jul 5th, '10, 15:17, edited 4 times in total.

Issy

Post by Issy » Jun 9th, '10, 21:58

won't miss Yuki Amami's drama for sure. watching this one.

wang_noi

Post by wang_noi » Jun 23rd, '10, 16:51

Looking forward for watching Amami san ^___^
It seem to be a very popular drama... Hope that someone will upload here .. :P

Really want to watch now.... Many news make me so excited!!
The more I read the news about this drama, the more I want to watch...

Thanks forwarding for anyone who will upload.. :wub:

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Jun 24th, '10, 11:04

Issy wrote:won't miss Yuki Amami's drama for sure. watching this one.
SAme here.

Rikayla

Post by Rikayla » Jun 27th, '10, 02:14

Wow, not much has been reported about this drama yet, huh? :(
Hopefully someone will sub it despite the lack of info so far~
Yuki Amami dramas are always so good!

wang_noi

Post by wang_noi » Jun 27th, '10, 03:51

Rikayla wrote:Wow, not much has been reported about this drama yet, huh? :(
Hopefully someone will sub it despite the lack of info so far~
Yuki Amami dramas are always so good!
There are 15 sec & 30 sec of trailer !!
It's very attractive... Really love to watch :D

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jun 28th, '10, 17:28

Can you please tell me where you saw the trailer? It's not yet on the official site. Can't wait for more info about this.

Rikayla

Post by Rikayla » Jul 4th, '10, 21:22

Updated the DramaWiki. Feel free to correct any mistakes :)

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/GOLD

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jul 4th, '10, 21:33

Rikayla wrote:Updated the DramaWiki. Feel free to correct any mistakes :)

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/GOLD
thanks for the update! gonna edit my 1st post now! ^^

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jul 4th, '10, 22:47

Thanks for the update!! Well, the chart and the new pics on the HP look good. I'll keep waiting excitetly...only a few more days to go, right ;)

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jul 4th, '10, 23:38

from the Official Site

YamapiRocks27

Post by YamapiRocks27 » Jul 5th, '10, 14:46

Can't wait for this Drama ;) love family Drama's and my favourite actor is a Big Brother oh by the way can someone corret the cast list His name is Matsuzaka Tori not Doori and can someone corrent it on Wiki to i cant log in :) Thank you

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jul 5th, '10, 15:22

YamapiRocks27 wrote:Can't wait for this Drama ;) love family Drama's and my favourite actor is a Big Brother oh by the way can someone corret the cast list His name is Matsuzaka Tori not Doori and can someone corrent it on Wiki to i cant log in :) Thank you
Thanks for the correction.. however I'm not sure about the Editing @ DramaWiki..

YamapiRocks27

Post by YamapiRocks27 » Jul 5th, '10, 15:27

dont know if anyone has seen this but heres the 30 second Trailer to Gold :) SOOO EXCITED
http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/IzJ2SoxLOks/

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jul 5th, '10, 15:38

thank you for the trailer...was searching for one =))
Amami-san looks georgeous there. Can't wait for ep 1!!

YamapiRocks27

Post by YamapiRocks27 » Jul 5th, '10, 16:32

Sorry if am updating alot haha, just am A Tori fan and he said yesterday that the press conference would be today which it was so heres the link to the photos :) http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/photo/7784 ... 78306862L/
Image screenshot from the video but i dont how or where i could find it , even though i am searching, if anyone can help that would be great :) :D

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jul 5th, '10, 21:17

@YamapiRocks27: that's totally fine! we're really grateful! :D
the only thing that makes me upset is that so far no one has announced anything regarding subbing this drama! =(

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jul 5th, '10, 21:46

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
source: Oricon
thanks to YamapiRocks27 for the link

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jul 5th, '10, 23:06

Thanks for the update, please dont say sorry. We're grateful for every piece of information you share!!

lenrasoon

Post by lenrasoon » Jul 6th, '10, 01:15

wow thanks for all the pictures and news about this drama, i'm definitely looking forward to watch Amami and Sorimachi acting together.

i'm just worried that no one picked this drama to sub yet :(

YamapiRocks27

Post by YamapiRocks27 » Jul 6th, '10, 14:05

Your all very welcome and by the way it has been picked up just checked the fansub list

http://fansub.d-addicts.com/Jdrama_Fansub_Map_2010 go down to Summer j drama's 2010

Thu.22 Fuji GOLD (SPA Hard) Chronos Fansub (Tentative, July, 05th) am guessing they don't do english subs do they ?? someone is bound to pick it up i mean their not new actors, their popular , just have to prob wait :-)

if not i'll ask around, also on My Tori site and if anyone is willing to sub it but i heard its a popular drama before its even started

YamapiRocks27

Post by YamapiRocks27 » Jul 6th, '10, 14:10

Offciail Blog for yesterday's conference :) http://blog.fujitv.co.jp/GOLD/index.html

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Jul 6th, '10, 14:23

really hoping to see this one get subbed too :) really like the casts!

YamapiRocks27

Post by YamapiRocks27 » Jul 6th, '10, 14:57

Woah just found a link with alot of photos from the conference check them out :) !!

http://www.asahi.com/showbiz/gallery/100706gold/

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jul 6th, '10, 14:58

WOOHA, NICE PICS!!!
hm spanish subs?! too bad my spanish is worse than my japanese.
well many groups haven't announced anything for the summer yet. maybe this'll get picked up, after current projects are done=)

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jul 6th, '10, 20:40

A press conference for the new drama “GOLD” was held on the 5th, and Amami Yuki, Nagasawa Masami, Sorimachi Takashi, and other cast members attended.
Masami plays Amami’s secretary and Masami said, “This is my first time to play a secretary. I didn’t know wearing suits every day was this tiring.”
Amami praised Masami saying “Masami knows how to succeed.”
“GOLD” will start on June 8th.

source: tokyohive

YamapiRocks27

Post by YamapiRocks27 » Jul 7th, '10, 13:50

GOLD :) AIRING TOMORROW :) WHOS EXCITED !! hehe :-) since the shows in english the title i mean its hard to find updates or any new trailer but i am on the look out [/img]

lenrasoon

Post by lenrasoon » Jul 7th, '10, 14:24

i can't wait for tomorrow ^_^

YamapiRocks27

Post by YamapiRocks27 » Jul 8th, '10, 13:27

Its airing now , not watching live cause keyhole tv is horriable out of sync and everything, but turned it on cause a friend is watching it, for a second and saw Tori as Kou with Ren :) omg i only saw a minute or 2 of it and it looks AWESOME!! soo excited :D

wang_noi

Post by wang_noi » Jul 8th, '10, 13:49

I can't wait either...
Hope that someone will upload the first one as soon as possible :P

YamapiRocks27

Post by YamapiRocks27 » Jul 8th, '10, 14:19

Me to ;) hehe i dont know if the others have these but Tori updated his and i want the photo , love the shadow form in the picture :)

Image :D [/img]

Rikayla

Post by Rikayla » Jul 10th, '10, 00:30

i'm so pumped for this :O

i heard the first episode was really good.
any reviews so far??

harujuku0_0

Post by harujuku0_0 » Jul 12th, '10, 16:07

http://www.viikii.net/channels/goto/GOLD#
They might sub this show!

harujuku0_0

Post by harujuku0_0 » Jul 12th, '10, 16:11

Check this video! It's the ending song of the drama!

wang_noi

Post by wang_noi » Jul 14th, '10, 14:45

harujuku0_0 wrote:http://www.viikii.net/channels/goto/GOLD#
They might sub this show!
Hope the sub be released soon :-)

Sundae.Boka

Post by Sundae.Boka » Jul 17th, '10, 13:09

Ep02 already broadcast on 15th July. I was quite surprised to search nothing for this episode's torrent link on DA.

I wonder if there is some problem with this drama =.="

Hu hu:((

wang_noi

Post by wang_noi » Jul 17th, '10, 14:42

Sundae.Boka wrote:Ep02 already broadcast on 15th July. I was quite surprised to search nothing for this episode's torrent link on DA.

I wonder if there is some problem with this drama =.="

Hu hu:((
I wonder too :cry: :cry:
I found it on tudou.com. It already subtitled with Japanese and Chinese.
So I really want to know what happened? I hope there isn't any problem. :unsure:

YamapiRocks27

Post by YamapiRocks27 » Jul 18th, '10, 14:19

It's Out now for anyone who is worrying :)! awesome episode again :) can't wait for 3 hehe :-) Love this Drama, but we defo need english subs for the mother parts haha , she;s an awesome actor ,

wang_noi

Post by wang_noi » Jul 18th, '10, 14:49

YamapiRocks27 wrote:It's Out now for anyone who is worrying :)! awesome episode again :) can't wait for 3 hehe :-) Love this Drama, but we defo need english subs for the mother parts haha , she;s an awesome actor ,
I'm trying to sub. (Furransu will help me ?! :P)
It will take time but I will do my best :D

lenrasoon

Post by lenrasoon » Jul 18th, '10, 16:17

I'm really thankful that you decided to sub wang_noi!! and don't need to rush just take your time ^__^

I'm starting to learn Japanese and i hope that someday i can help translating dramas :lol
Last edited by lenrasoon on Aug 13th, '10, 01:57, edited 1 time in total.

YamapiRocks27

Post by YamapiRocks27 » Jul 18th, '10, 19:36

wang_noi wrote:
YamapiRocks27 wrote:It's Out now for anyone who is worrying :)! awesome episode again :) can't wait for 3 hehe :-) Love this Drama, but we defo need english subs for the mother parts haha , she;s an awesome actor ,
Your awesome like what everyone says, dont worry about how long, everyone is grateful for you taking your time to do the subs :)! Thank you so much :-)

harujuku0_0

Post by harujuku0_0 » Jul 19th, '10, 13:56

http://www.viikii.net/channels/goto/GOLD#
She started putting some eng subs. I think she needs more translators or staff to complete it!

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Jul 19th, '10, 14:07

why dont we just create softsubs using the viikii subs.. i think ill do that and if we divide the work, it will be faster.. the timings are already available.. just a matter of putting the text in

wang_noi

Post by wang_noi » Jul 19th, '10, 14:11

furransu wrote:why dont we just create softsubs using the viikii subs.. i think ill do that and if we divide the work, it will be faster.. the timings are already available.. just a matter of putting the text in
That's good idea... furransu do you have e-mail? Can you send your e-mail by PM?
I can send you subtitle file I'm doing ... :-)

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jul 19th, '10, 14:46

There are no viikii subs yet, though. It's like under 50% still. I also worked on it for a bit, but my Japanese isn't good enough to translate more than the basics.

wang_noi, thanks for your announcement and good luck with the work! I'll be looking forward to it. :cheers: :cheers:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 26th, '10, 10:12

I just watched the first 3 eps. Nojima Shinji never disappoints!! :cheers: The script is AWESOME!

It immediately stole my attention and interest from the opening scene where Yuri (Amami Yuki) had a debate with another person for a TV program about the right way to educate children. The topic really interest me and everything Yuri said was really clever and well-thought.

Everytime Yuri lectures Rika (Nagasawa Masami) about life, I felt like being lectured as well XD

This is a very good and exciting family drama. The direction of the story is quite unpredictable and it makes me want to know more abt the characters. Esp. the past between Yuri and her husband, and also with her childhood friend, Joji (Sorimachi). This is quite different than a light family drama, some parts are quite heavy/serious-themed, esp. the part that a mother was being abused violently by her own son... it is very Nojima Shinji style.

The musics composed by Senju Akira are EXCELLENT!! I've been a fan of his musics since YOMIGAERI movie. This certain violin tunes that gets intensed every second during the climax scenes, really touched me and fit well with the scenes.

Esp. during the climax scene in Ep.1:
When Yuri told Ren, her 2nd son to get out of the house. This was one of my favorite scene.
Yuri and Joji's relationship seem so complicated for me... I really want them to be together, bcoz it seem like Joji has loved her, since... well, since forever. But with everything's going on, I don't think it'll happen. Joji kawaisou... :cry:

I don't understand why...
Yuri's late older brother would ask Joji to kill his own feelings for Yuri, and just to keep stay by her side and protect her as a friend. That's really unfair for Joji :-(
And I really wonder, did Yuri marry their father just to get the GOOD GENES? XD And then she abandon her husband, after she got what she wanted? I don't think so... there must be more to it. I think, there's more reason why they live separately, ...its not just bcoz of the affair the husband did, and I don't think Yuri actually wanted to live separately with him.
Nojima Shinji's characters usually has mysterious past ^_^

There's something suspicious as well about the children...
I bet there's a hidden secret about one of them... I'm suspecting Tomo, the 10 yrs old one, is not really Yuri's child, or at least he has a different father. Or MAYBE one of the three athlete sibling, is not her child^^
I guess Amami Yuki and Nagasawa Masami's dialogue exchange is one of the most interesting part of every episode, loved their funny exchanges. And Nagasawa's character's role/position is quite unique. She has the most on-screen time next to Amami, but she is not involved in the main plot at all. Her character's life never get a focus, and she's just like an audience of the whole happenings around her.

I started watching this drama because I miss Sorimachi Takashi in a good drama, and it's totally worth it! :thumright: One of the best drama this season!

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Jul 26th, '10, 10:52

im still hoping to see this drama gets subbed :(

hopefully someone who really likes this drama could sub it ><

Rikayla

Post by Rikayla » Jul 27th, '10, 05:59

furransu wrote:im still hoping to see this drama gets subbed :(

hopefully someone who really likes this drama could sub it ><
yes, same :(
i was so disappointed to see empty on the fansub wiki just now... ;___;

hope to see subs soon <3

chokubi

Post by chokubi » Jul 27th, '10, 14:49

One thing I like about this drama is the chemistry between our 2 female leads and how they seem like a manzai team at times.

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Jul 30th, '10, 10:10

Hifumi Subs is subbing GOLD!! Banzai!
http://fansub.d-addicts.com/Hifumi_Subs

lenrasoon

Post by lenrasoon » Jul 30th, '10, 12:52

furransu wrote:Hifumi Subs is subbing GOLD!! Banzai!
http://fansub.d-addicts.com/Hifumi_Subs
omg YES!! Thank you so much for picking this project Hifumi Subs :cheers:

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jul 30th, '10, 19:29

glad to hear there'll be subs. having japanese subs helped a lot but it's still quite hard to understand.

yanie, thanks for pointing out the strange role for the secretary. I did wonder what her purpose is and i felt uneasy about something likie a stupid love triangle between her, Joji and Yuri coming up. But so far this is an excellent production. Joji lifts my hopes up for Sorimatchi's future drama projects, wanna see more of him again. I missed him a lot ;)
Really sad for the two to be separated by ambition and guilt.

I also wonder whether the mother who gets abused my her hikikomori son has a deeper relation to Yuri.

what made you think, the kids aren't all hers?

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 30th, '10, 20:58

arakira wrote:yanie, thanks for pointing out the strange role for the secretary. I did wonder what her purpose is and i felt uneasy about something likie a stupid love triangle between her, Joji and Yuri coming up.
Ah, actually... I was a bit worried too abt that when...
Joji brought Rika home and when he put her on the bed, he kinda gazed at her intensedly. What was that abt??? I thought XD But it was just that one moment. And I started thinking, maybe it's something else. Its not something romantic, but maybe he knows her from before or smth... Nojima Shinji rarely puts in stupid love triangle, so I'm sure that's not what Joji-Rika is abt^^
arakira wrote:
what made you think, the kids aren't all hers?
Heheh...
Typical Nojima Shinji style. A few of his other dramas have the same pattern, that it will be revealed later in the end they're not birth siblings, not birth child, etc :P Also the character description in the official web says Yuri's husband is keeping a certain secret from the children. XD

wang_noi

Post by wang_noi » Jul 31st, '10, 14:37

^
^
Thanks for you all above. I think I understand & guess something ... hehe :P

Sorry for my giving up subbing. :pale: I feel very sorry.
I can't finish it even I really want to.
I have a lot of things to do. Moreover, I am not really good at Japanese.
I just want to try if there is no one do. Because I also want to understand the real meaning of the story.
I believe that Hifumi Team is better ^^" Hope they will release the first one soon

Anyway, if any team want me to join with, I will appreciate so much :-)

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Aug 1st, '10, 12:06

Ep4 was excellent as well!

More than anything, the script is what really strikes me, from this drama! Sasuga Nojima-sensei!

There are many lessons abt life that I can get from watching this drama. This is a very good educational drama, I wonder why are the ratings so low... it dropped slowly from 12, 11, 10, and to 9 :(
Two secret revelations in this episode:
- Saotome Shuichi, Yuri's late brother died not because of an accident, but he commited suicide.
- The cameraman, Akira's boyfriend is actually her COUSIN. He's Shuichi's son. Woo~ didn't see that coming! Though, there was already a hint he has a big role ever since Yuri already sensed that cameraman is not only after her money, by "kidnapping" Akira.
Really SUPERB human drama from Nojima Shinji, since Bara no nai Hanaya. No, wait... I think this one is even better!^^

wang_noi

Post by wang_noi » Aug 1st, '10, 16:30

yanie wrote:Ep4 was excellent as well!
Yes! I agree with you (Even I haven't watch it in deep detail, I know that I will get a lot from this drama.
I also wonder that why the rating are so low :blink
May because it's too serious?!
yanie wrote:
- Saotome Shuichi, Yuri's late brother died not because of an accident, but he commited suicide.
- The cameraman, Akira's boyfriend is actually her COUSIN. He's Shuichi's son. Woo~ didn't see that coming! Though, there was already a hint he has a big role ever since Yuri already sensed that cameraman is not only after her money, by "kidnapping" Akira.
Wow thanks :D

YamapiRocks27

Post by YamapiRocks27 » Aug 3rd, '10, 23:28

wang_noi wrote:
yanie wrote:Ep4 was excellent as well!
Yes! I agree with you (Even I haven't watch it in deep detail, I know that I will get a lot from this drama.
I also wonder that why the rating are so low :blink
May because it's too serious?!
yanie wrote:
Wow thanks :D
Wow , i thought Kou thought it was Suicide and that he died in an accident and thats Why Yuri is hugging him in the preview for episode 5 ?? i been saying since episode one Kou has been pushing himself to much, so is that why Yuri is hugging him, because, the Grandad things he is pushing himself to much for His mother, i love the relationship between Kou and Yuri , i had tears on episode 4 sceane, such a sweet Loyal Son :)! and how he smileds proudly at his Mother, and also i cryed on the preview for episode 5

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Aug 17th, '10, 21:46

This drama seems to be getting more interesting after ep4. I just got this really strange feeling.
It seems Yuri seems to like her brother more than as a brother? She keeps following him around since she was a kid and she remembers everything he says and keeps thinking about him. More than her own husband. It's so strange...

Also, about one of the sons not being hers. If that's so I think it's more than one. The second son and the youngest one seem to have heart conditions. Only the eldest and the daughter have no health conditions.

I also thought Yuri is just too much. She thinks she's a know it all but she's not looking at what's important. She keeps pushing her children and never seem to care how they feel. Like using Joji to make Akira concentrate on her swimming. Forcing Ren to practice all the time, never noticing if maybe there's a problem. He has always listened to her before. If she had been less pushing, maybe Ren could have opened up to her instead of fearing she will be disappointed or think he's a loser? Sometimes it's nice to hear "Win or lose, you will always be my loving son/daughter" Rather than be called useless because you're not a winner.

I felt bad when Yuri called Joji a loser and that's why she would never consider him. I'm sure Joji tried really hard but he's just no match for her brother. Not everyone can win Gold. Not everyone can be number one. I hoped at Joji would end up with Yuri, but after her attitude, I wish Joji could finally move on and find a nice girl. He deserves better. He's loved her for so many years and to be told my someone you love you're a quitter/loser is kawaisou.

I am really curious too why the brother committed suicide. Did he feel the stress of being number one? Did he have a heart condition or something so he killed himself so he would be remembered as number one rather than falling star?
Can anyone clarify the relationship and ages between Yuri, Shuuichi and Joji? It's confusing. Shuuichi seems to be the older brother, but Joji is Shuuichi's trainer? Joji seems to be younger than Yuri. On the site I think it says Shuuichi died 22 years ago? Yuri is 42. So Yuri must have been 20 at the time and Joji was around 15-16? It seems odd Joji and Shuuichi are so close with their age difference.

Also after watching ep5 I can say Yuri is a failure as a mother. But she thinks she's so great, she keeps giving other people advice...

LadyDarkness

Post by LadyDarkness » Aug 18th, '10, 19:20

Could someone please tell me what happened in episodes 5 & 6? I am just too impatient to wait until the subs come out.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Aug 18th, '10, 20:55

In ep5 and 6
Yuri was shocked when Ren told her about Shuuichi's suicide. Ren suspects Yuri knew but didn't tell anyone but he said he didn't care. Just tell Kou that she didn't know cuz Kou believes in her. He's too scared to ask because he fears she might say she knew.

Yuri talks to the mysterious phone lady telling her about her past when her brother came to confess how scared he was of losing. He knows for sure he won't win and he's stressed. Yuri tells him it's okay to run away. They'll run away together. She suspected he was suicidal but ignored it. The next day her brother got in an accident and died. Yuri's father calls Shuuichi a coward for running away and that Yuri is the real Saotome family.

They talk to the photographer to let Akira go. They promise to do a DNA test for him. The guy said he will talk to Akira to convince her to go home. The family tells Akira of the photographer's intention to use her she was upset and confronted him. Then they're on good grounds again. The photographer told Yuri he doesn't want money. He just wants to know who his real father is. Seems his mother was married but she had an affair with Shuuichi. In ep6, Yuri gives the photographer fake results saying he isn't Shuuichi's son. She asked him if he wants to verify himself and he says he trusts her. I think Yuri's father wanted to protect the Saotome family's name?

Yuri allows the photographer to see Akira but on condition she concentrates on the competition. (Yuri is just gross...having cousins date, kiss and who knows what else they might do). I guess maybe that's why the program ratings is dropping lower and lower. How low can you stoop to become number one.

I think Yuri was going to meet the mysterious caller but she fell down the stairs when running away from her son and ended up in the hospital. Joji finds out who the mysterious caller is when he saw the cleaning lady in her room cleaning and saw her name badge. She ran away when Joji confronted her.

It also seems the Saotome family play musical instruments. They were doing charity by performing for inmates when things went bad. Yuri lost control and started yelling at the crowd calling them animals and saying they rape, steal, etc. I think in the past, something happened. Her mother was protecting her and hid her somewhere? So she got killed but Yuri survived. Joji rushed over to save Yuri from the crowd and helped get her out of there.

Kou talks to his father about how he felt when he won gold at the Olympics and how he met Yuri.
I really hope by the end of the drama, Yuri will get off her high horse and stop obsessing over Gold and learn to become a human being and a good mother.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Aug 18th, '10, 23:46

About ep. 5&6
Yuri was really shocked to hear it was suicide. She was still pretty young at that time and even though she's seen her brother's weekness once before, she believed it was an accident. I really wonder what the grandfather wanted to achieve by telling the kids about the suicide. Also he had Joji come over to talk about the new training plans without consulting Yuri. He's the real bad guy for me, I think he's the reason for Yuri's strict education methods.

I also don't think Yuri is a bad mother, she's had a strict upbringing and lives by the Saotome ideals the grandfather keeps preaching. She does want her kids to succeed but she also cares for them. You can see it in the way she treats the smallest and how she looks at them, it's not like she treats them like robots. Letting Ren go and having his father help him find out what he wants is rather clever. Somehow I see her as a sad character who wants too much and doesn't allow herself to feel like a woman or act according to her feelings. I wish she'd soften up towards Joji. I mean that poor guy's said he's loved her since they were young. Poor guy :(

About Akira and the photographer, i'm surprised she let's them be. They are cousins afterall or is it something common in Japan? I mean in some countries it's even normal for cousins to get married... ?? But I am afraid she might wanna get a pure Saotome baby...if that's the case, that would be disgusting. But I can't imagine her going this far.

I really wonder about the relationship between Yuri and the telephone stalker. I didn't get how they suddenly started to understand each other and supported each other in their conversations. I mean Yuri even confessed all about her brother and invited the strange woman out for a drink. it's somehow not like her.

Finally, I wonder whether some of her children really aren't her husbands or even hers. I'd like Joji to be the father ;) but that's also just wishful thinking. Ren and Tomo might have the same genes, yes. Also maybe Akira isn't HER daughter and so she's not related to the photographer and their relationship isn't forbidden. But its unlikely, as Akira is the closest one to Gold -she should have Saotome genes.
About their ages, Yuri is 42, Joji 38 Shuichi died at 22. Don't know how much older he was, but I think not too much. Joji is the trainer for Yuri's children and he's an orphan and was raised together with Yuri and Shuichi. He had once been a competitive swimmer who had taken on Shuichi for a position on the national team, and participated in the Olympics in place of Shuichi but apparently he did his best but he was far from getting Gold., that's why Yuri called him a loser.

I still like the series and especially the comedic moments between Yuri and her secretary...the Rika-chan dolls and the yagi-mehmo joke made my almost fall from my chair...and i don't get why the ratings are dropping when things are getting more intense now.
Last edited by arakira on Aug 18th, '10, 23:56, edited 2 times in total.

LadyDarkness

Post by LadyDarkness » Aug 18th, '10, 23:50

Thanks for letting me know what happened.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Aug 19th, '10, 00:24

arakira wrote:About ep. 5&6

I also don't think Yuri is a bad mother, she's had a strict upbringing and lives by the Saotome ideals the grandfather keeps preaching. She does want her kids to succeed but she also cares for them. You can see it in the way she treats the smallest and how she looks at them, it's not like she treats them like robots. Letting Ren go and having his father help him find out what he wants is rather clever. Somehow I see her as a sad character who wants too much and doesn't allow herself to feel like a woman or act according to her feelings. I wish she'd soften up towards Joji. I mean that poor guy's said he's loved her since they were young. Poor guy :(

Her mother does treat her kids like robots. It's always train, train, train. The kids have no life other than training. She wants the kids to win Gold to carry the Saotome name. It's a big burden. It even caused Shuuichi to commit suicide because the burden was too much for him. It's like her dad drove Shuuichi to his death and Yuri is doing the same thing to her kids. She's screwing with Akira. First she allows Akira's feelings for Joji to go on and even berates Joji for telling Akira his true feelings. Then she lets Akira carry on her relationship with her cousin knowing full well nothing will come of it and she will get hurt in the end. Just because Yuri wants Akira to win Gold. Nothing will stand in her way and she will make it happen at all costs. Mothers protect their kids, they don't see Gold above all else.

Also, Yuri should have tried to talk to Ren about his reasons. If Ren listened to his mother and pushed himself, he would end up dead. I saw in previews for ep7 he pushed himself and fell down in a heart attack of sorts. If Ren dies, can Yuri forgive herself as a mom?

As for the little one. He's always had bad health so Yuri doesn't expect anything from him and protects him the most.

Regarding Koh, he seems like the mother's child. He listens to everything she says. I wonder if he will learn to make his own decisions instead of acting like a robot.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Aug 19th, '10, 08:42

Reading your post, I can't disagree with what you're saying, but I can't despise her. Maybe it's because Amami portrays her in such a way I'm just feeling sorry for her messed-up self.
It's also weird that she has surveillance everywhere and listens to all of their conversations in the training centre.

Still she loves her kids and i don't think she'd coldly ruin their health or sanity just for Gold. She believes it's for their best, too. Until recently she's had that god-like image of her brother, always smiling, caring, happy and successful. On the one hand she's the tough know it all business woman but in the other she's still the young woman who has no means to deal with her brother's dead or go against her father's authority...She's one of the most interesting characters I've seen for a while and I'm really excited to learn what secrets she has (about her mum and kids etc) or how they'll further break down the cold front of hers, which already started in ep 6 when she lost control, I think.
Can't wait for ep. 7 :-)

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Aug 19th, '10, 08:57

I wouldn't know about that if she really cares more about her kids than Gold. I mean, how would you feel if you fell in love with a guy, kissed him or maybe even slept with him and then find out that he's your cousin and your mom allowed you to date and never told you about it although she knew? Would you go crazy? Would you be messed up? How would you feel if you found out your mom never told you the truth cuz she wanted you to concentrate to win Gold? Do you think she still loves you? She knew it's a love trap that would end in disaster, but never warned you about it.

What I would like to see is Yuri getting off her high horse and stop thinking she's so great. If she thinks just working hard get can Gold. I would like to see her try getting Gold at Olympics and if she can't, she should stop calling others losers or making assumptions they aren't trying hard enough just cuz they can't get Gold.

I also didn't like her speech at the female university? It's like...WTH are you trying to teach the girls. Female purses are for display only? Make the male pay for everything? Females shouldn't have to pay for anything? I can't believe all the BS she says but everyone thinks she's so great.

I also didn't like her manipulating her secretary telling her everything is about money. She's really messed up in her head and needs a re-education.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Aug 19th, '10, 10:00

I still think somehow they might be cousins. But if they are, you are absolutely right. Trying to be objective, she is messing with her daughter's life and if ever Akira-chan finds out she'll be devastated.

Her views on male/female roles and her life don't go together at times. :lol She's a very successful business woman and she's giving her looser husband money and a place to live while preaching the girls to keep their purses shut...

But she's right telling the sec that she's too naive and that those things do matter in real life and I agree on some things she said about how important it is to teach your kids values and respect because just being their friend doesn't prepare them for life in society.

I have some troubles understanding everything she's saying in the TV-appearances and speeches but I'm hoping there'll be some scandal and i'll be really looking forward to her facing some harsh critique and oposition from public opinion about her education and her children.

I'd like to see her getting reformed and becoming more honest towards herself and I hope she'll see that gold isn't everything and that personal happiness in life is much more important. I mean look at her husband. He got gold but didn't achieve anything in life afterwards.
sorry, I just kept ranting again :unsure:

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Aug 19th, '10, 19:43

arakira wrote: But she's right telling the sec that she's too naive and that those things do matter in real life and I agree on some things she said about how important it is to teach your kids values and respect because just being their friend doesn't prepare them for life in society.
I agree her secretary is naive but she is also right that money is not everything. It's only important to a degree. Money can not buy true love, real friendship, etc. Yuri makes it seem as if everyone is a shopaholic so they need money O_o.

As for teaching kids value and being a friend doesn't prepare them for life in society, she's half right only. I agree it's important to teach kids values and while they're young you should teach them because they won't listen to you when they turn to teenagers. However, I think it's also important to be their friend as well. Kids don't like to be preached to all the time. They want to be understood and feel they are on the same level. I know I dislike being put on a power trip. Things like, 'children should be seen and not heard", "you should listen to your elders (no matter if they are wrong or right)". etc
I think what makes a good relationship is an even level one as kids grow older. Open up talks into discussions so parent and child can understand each other when the child is past 8 or so. Whatever the age they start developing their own thoughts. Sometimes it's easier for kids to talk to friends other than their own family because they are afraid of being yelled at or disappointed by someone they love. There needs to be balance when dealing with kids.

As for preparing for real life, they will learn as they grow up. People make mistakes and learn from them. You can't avoid every pitfall. That's what parents are there for. To support, give guidance and love. Win or lose, you'll always have a loving home to come back to. That is what family is about.

One thing I do agree with Yuri about is on friends. She says she's alone. She has acquaintances, not friends. I think that is true. In this world, I think very few people have true friends. Most are acquaintances.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Aug 20th, '10, 09:16

Are, did you both misunderstood or am I the one who misunderstood? XD
From what I understand, Yuri DOES NOT KNOW that Joji handed her over a fake DNA test result. Yuri's father told Joji to fake the test result, and Joji handed it over to Yuri without telling Yuri that it's fake, coz if he tell her, Yuri will definitely not agree to do that. That's why she allowed the guy to keep dating Akira.
But anyway, my interest in this drama is decreasing after Ep6.
Yuri made a speech and getting out of control in front of the prisoners, was too much of an exagerration for me. What was that?

The whole thing abt whether its true or not that guy is Yuri's nephew, is getting annoying. I don't really see the point of that plot... it better lead up somewhere, or I'll be disappointed.

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Aug 20th, '10, 09:25

yanie wrote:Are, did you both misunderstood or am I the one who misunderstood? XD
From what I understand, Yuri DOES NOT KNOW that Joji handed her over a fake DNA test result. Yuri's father told Joji to fake the test result, and Joji handed it over to Yuri without telling Yuri that it's fake, coz if he tell her, Yuri will definitely not agree to do that. That's why she allowed the guy to keep dating Akira.
I thought she knew cuz she asked the guy if he wanted to verify if the test was true or not. It sounded like she was trying to manipulate him. Sorta like "If I brought it up, he will probably think I am telling the truth so he won't question the validity of the result". She's always giving him that odd look too cuz he resembles Shuuichi. I think deep inside she knows. She's just not accepting it. Kind of like she felt Shuuichi was unstable and would commit suicide, but she ignored it.
My interest in the drama started going down after Yuri called Joji a loser and berated him for telling Akira his feelings. But I will still continue watching because I wanna know what happens to Joji and the kids. Joji seems like a nice guy. He should stop being the Saotome family's lackey.
Last edited by seirin on Aug 20th, '10, 09:34, edited 1 time in total.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Aug 20th, '10, 09:31

Hmm... in my opinion, I still think she don't know.
She was just being sincere when she offer him whether or not he want a re-test in another hospital.
But, I could be wrong... we'll see :roll

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Aug 20th, '10, 10:31

seirin wrote:
yanie wrote:Are, did you both misunderstood or am I the one who misunderstood? XD
I thought she knew cuz she asked the guy if he wanted to verify if the test was true or not. It sounded like she was trying to manipulate him. Sorta like "If I brought it up, he will probably think I am telling the truth so he won't question the validity of the result". She's always giving him that odd look too cuz he resembles Shuuichi. I think deep inside she knows. She's just not accepting it. Kind of like she felt Shuuichi was unstable and would commit suicide, but she ignored it.
I thought so, too. She seemed to know. but now I hope you're right yanie, cause that would mean she's not letting Akira date her cousin on purpose just to get her back to training. Seems more believable as a plot for me.
But then, wouldn't Joji have to prevent them from going out. Why is he cooperating with the grandfather ?! Is he just a loyal dog who is grateful that they took him in and now does whatever he's asked to do? I so hope Joji is not gonna get drawn into a power struggle between yuri and her dad.

As for my interest in this drama, I hope the script won't focus on the nephew and I hope we won't get more of those conceited speeches. Would be nice if the focus shifted more to the relationships between the Saotomes and Joji with the secretary as comedic relief. Don't like how her role is sometimes used to explain Yuri's talks and they keep going on about those subjects.

YamapiRocks27

Post by YamapiRocks27 » Aug 20th, '10, 23:51

Just watched 7 a couple of hours ago on Tudou ,
Am in Total SHOCK!! did Tomo never exist and Yuri was just thinking he was their... am soo confused right now THATS NO WAY TO END IT

oh and can someone please am beginning anyone, translate the preview to episode 8..... i thought Kou might have like fell ill from stress or something because of everything pushing hiimself and stuff ... but not this ... THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING .... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

In other news I made a Video after watching Episode 5 about Kou and Yuri and how hes pushing himself for her

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRTVBZ43 ... re=related ( Sorry if you don;t like the song or video

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Aug 22nd, '10, 00:14

YamapiRocks27 wrote:Just watched 7 a couple of hours ago on Tudou ,
Am in Total SHOCK!! did Tomo never exist and Yuri was just thinking he was their... am soo confused right now THATS NO WAY TO END IT

oh and can someone please am beginning anyone, translate the preview to episode 8..... i thought Kou might have like fell ill from stress or something because of everything pushing hiimself and stuff ... but not this ... THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING .... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
I've just been reading the comments here and haven't really been watching this although I never miss a Amami Yukie drama. Not sure if I should take the plunge.

As for the revelations in Ep7,
It seems that Tomo is a figment of Yuri's imagination. The male foetus that she miscarried at the time when her husband Tatsuya took a young lover.
The trailer for Ep8 does not seem to cover that but I guess Yuri will give voice to it at the start of the episode.
It deals with Yuri's parents and their different perspectives on child rearing and how she had been strongly influenced by her mother.

Then it shifts to Akira who discovers that Yosuke has disappeared without a word and is uncontactable. Akira discovers that her mother had given money to Yosuke and is distressed and resentful. Joji tells her that it had been Yosuke's motive from the start but she refuses to believe.

There's some fight between Joji and Seiko's son, Masaru, one day. Or more correctly, Masaru tries to provoke a fight by confronting Joji with a knife but it ends without mishap ... thankfully.

Kou gets hit by a motorbike and is sent to the hospital ...

noshadow31

Post by noshadow31 » Aug 22nd, '10, 08:23

ep 7 spoilers
as one might expected, tomo doesnt really exist. his brothers/sister never talk to him or talk about him. i'm glad they let this fact out already instead of dragging it out too long.

the sisters who are introduced to Kou at the beginning of the episode. the older one suggested to Kou to injure himself before the Olympics selection round. That way he doesnt have to face being a loser. like how his father died in an accident and became a legend without going to the Olympics. Kou could become a legend that way too (minus the death).

The fortune teller housewife Yuri went to see told her to not worry about getting gold. one of her children will definitely get one. but also warn her that she will lose one of them.

who will die then?
- Kou trying to get himself injured
- Akira abandoned by that cameraman
- Ren with his heart condition

YamapiRocks27

Post by YamapiRocks27 » Aug 22nd, '10, 14:48

noshadow31 wrote:ep 7 spoilers
as one might expected, tomo doesnt really exist. his brothers/sister never talk to him or talk about him. i'm glad they let this fact out already instead of dragging it out too long.

the sisters who are introduced to Kou at the beginning of the episode. the older one suggested to Kou to injure himself before the Olympics selection round. That way he doesnt have to face being a loser. like how his father died in an accident and became a legend without going to the Olympics. Kou could become a legend that way too (minus the death).

The fortune teller housewife Yuri went to see told her to not worry about getting gold. one of her children will definitely get one. but also warn her that she will lose one of them.

who will die then?
- Kou trying to get himself injured
- Akira abandoned by that cameraman
- Ren with his heart condition
Kou's Fathers alive, am confused, i thought he got hit by a moterbike cause he was spacing out to the sister saying about how its not worth what u feel if u loose, not to hurt himself that sucks)and loose one of them oh no... i dont want that , this is one of my Favourite drama's ...