[Discussion] GOU ~Himetachi no Sengoku~

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
lullabye

Post by lullabye » Feb 19th, '11, 04:57

I have my doubts about the historicity of ep 6, but I enjoyed it quite a bit. If Ranmaru had sent a letter that Mitsuhide kept secret from everyone else, I can imagine Mitsuhide as using a young girl as something of his confessor. I've seen adults use children like this often enough that it is plausible.

Besides, we got to see Ranmaru being pensive one more time, so I am willing to forgive the invention of this bit of the tale.

The one thing that does consistently bother me is Hideyoshi being portrayed as a fool. I understood he was called Monkey because he was ugly, not because of his actions. It seems an unnecessary comedy element.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Feb 19th, '11, 07:01

lullabye wrote:I have my doubts about the historicity of ep 6, but I enjoyed it quite a bit. If Ranmaru had sent a letter that Mitsuhide kept secret from everyone else, I can imagine Mitsuhide as using a young girl as something of his confessor. I've seen adults use children like this often enough that it is plausible.

Besides, we got to see Ranmaru being pensive one more time, so I am willing to forgive the invention of this bit of the tale.
Fortunately for me, I'm rather unfamiliar with the specific details of the Sengoku Period, so it doesn't bother me.

In this case, ignorance is bliss... LOL.
The one thing that does consistently bother me is Hideyoshi being portrayed as a fool. I understood he was called Monkey because he was ugly, not because of his actions. It seems an unnecessary comedy element.
Yeah, the director really has Kishitani Goro playing this way over the top... He should be wearing a jester's outfit, not samurai armor. :(

Liubeibei

Post by Liubeibei » Feb 19th, '11, 08:12

IMO in the series so far Hideyoshi might've literally acted like a fool, but he's shown why he'll be the nex tenkabito.

The writer gave him the bit where he creates the false rumor. That is, IMO, brilliant, even his supposed strategist Kuroda Kanbei has to bow down to him for that one.

This is the first time I've seen the "false rumor" twist, I thought it was nice.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Feb 19th, '11, 08:48

I never thought of Hideyoshi as a fool. Nobunaga would never have called him to be his man in the first place.... he did not suffer fools close to him. He used him because he was intelligent and knew the rank and file people well. It was a long association.
The name 'Monkey' referred to his facial features not to his actions or antics.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Feb 19th, '11, 16:57

^ Thing is, Peggy, he's sorta acting like a fool... Or a petulant child. :sweat:

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Feb 19th, '11, 18:57

Bmwracer.. :-)

Yes I know ...but it's hard for me to let the real history go away. I have to re connect with GOU as an almost fantasy. I think the people who lived the history were so interesting and even moreso than the ones we are seeing in the drama. But keep on
nudging me back to the future won't you.. 8)

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Feb 19th, '11, 22:24

Peggy wrote:But keep on nudging me back to the future won't you.. 8)
Will do. :thumright:

BTW, I finished watching Episode 6 with subs... Go's meeting with Mitsuhide was clearly the best part of that episode... I'm sure it's historical fiction, but it's acted out wonderfully: Such sadness and tragic irony, I thought.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Feb 20th, '11, 12:14

Just for the record, I enjoyed Ep7 alot more than Ep6 :roll
Wow, Gou was present at the famous Kiyosu Kaigi! XD
Oh well... in HIDEYOSHI (the 1996 taiga), Chacha suddenly appeared out of nowhere^^

Anyway, I always have interest in the KIYOSU meeting. The successor decided by a discussion and not by a war... isn't it rare in the Sengoku era? It shows how faithful Nobunaga's main vassals were. (Although, they had to settle it with a battle too anyway, in the end :P)

The KIYOSU scene in Ep7 was okay, but Tabuchi Kumiko didn't convince me much that was how the meeting went. I wished for more oppositions from the other 2 vassals, they seem to agree to both Shibata and then Hideyoshi too fast. I don't buy that. Rather than a couple of draggy scenes in this ep, I wished she would take more screentime for the KIYOSU meeting's dialogues. (I'll just wait for Mitani Koki's KIYOSU novel, I guess^^)

Nevertheless, I like this version of KIYOSU scene alot more than the HIDEYOSHI's version though, in HIDEYOSHI there were just too many people (even Ichi was there), and the whole Chacha-suddenly-appeared part was meaningless.

Anyway, I liked how Hideyoshi changed his mind and would like to take over the rule in the end. I buy it's how it went^^ (I might come to like this version of Hideyoshi after Ep7)

Shibata Katsuie seem to be a good, yasashii papa-to-be :roll I can already see Gou liking him. I hope the preview doesn't look what it like though.
So, where was Toyotomi Hideyoshi from/born? I was wondering in what dialect/accent was Hideyoshi's mother speaking?

I heard more nice music scores in Ep7.... OST download link, mada? :cry:

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Feb 20th, '11, 22:44

Hideyoshi was born somewhere near Nagoya. I always thought he was in the vicinity of Nobunaga since this was Owari province. Hideyoshi was of lowly birth and not too much is truly known about his early days. He seemed to wander around until finally coming back into the employ of Nobunaga as his sandal carrier. He rose high didn't he? He was devoted to Nobunaga and very loyal throughout.
He must have been a most interesting person since he became a general and after the death of Nobunaga he carried on building up the social charms with the tea ceremony and later brought the Noh theatre to the fore. He acted as the main role himself many times.

One of the things that interests me so much is that many of these hardy warriors who were so tough and sometimes harsh and cruel, had interests in poetry and music and the arts. The samurai life in the highest levels must have been full of interest besides bushido.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Feb 21st, '11, 00:04

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Feb 21st, '11, 01:44

just had the chance to watch ep6 with subs last night
I thought Juri acted pretty well with the whole incident of being caught and then meeting Mitsuhide. I think I can understand her emotion and courage all at the same time, is curious of the truth behind the coup that ended with her uncle's death. I do try to ignore how young she was supposed to be then but overall, the scene was great.

I like Hideyoshi! He's definitely the humor element and I think the drama needs it after such serious events. I agree that he may act like a fool on the outside but intelligent in the inside. Overall, it's yet another episode full of Juri awesomeness. :thumright:

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Feb 21st, '11, 01:45

just had the chance to watch ep6 with subs last night
I thought Juri acted pretty well with the whole incident of being caught and then meeting Mitsuhide. I think I can understand her emotion and courage all at the same time, is curious of the truth behind the coup that ended with her uncle's death. I do try to ignore how young she was supposed to be then but overall, the scene was great.

I like Hideyoshi! He's definitely the humor element and I think the drama needs it after such serious events. I agree that he may act like a fool on the outside but intelligent in the inside. Overall, it's yet another episode full of Juri awesomeness. :thumright:

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Feb 21st, '11, 02:24

Just watched a documentary about Osaka Castle. I think built over the ruins of Honnoji by Hideyoshi. Amazing moat almost all around and built on what would have been a hill over looking the town. Great statues which I presume would have been of Hideyoshi but possibly also Nobunaga. Not speaking Japanese I could not tell.
The present castle is a reconstruction after the destruction during WWII. Must be a great sight to look up and see those rooftops.

Liubeibei

Post by Liubeibei » Feb 21st, '11, 06:02

yanie wrote:I was wondering in what dialect/accent was Hideyoshi's mother speaking?
I just watched ep 7 and like Peggy said, they were from Owari Province. Hideyoshi's mother speaks in Owari dialect (also noted in the opening credit with a couple of people taking care of dialects spoken in the episode, Owari-kotoba was one of them).

Liubeibei

Post by Liubeibei » Feb 21st, '11, 06:08

Peggy wrote:Just watched a documentary about Osaka Castle. I think built over the ruins of Honnoji by Hideyoshi.
Just a quick note that Hideyoshi built it over the ruins of Ishiyama Honganji Temple (destroyed by Nobunaga in 1580), not Honnoji. The original and current Honnoji Temples are both in Kyoto.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Feb 21st, '11, 06:33

Liubeibei.

Many thanks for the correction re where Osaka castle was built. I was straining my ears trying to get the place names but they were speaking quickly and I was trying to watch everything. My mistake... not surprising .Please forgive.

Sympathetic language osmosis does not exist.. :scratch:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Feb 23rd, '11, 06:01

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Feb 23rd, '11, 14:31

Ratings for Episode 7: 18.5%... Down again. :pale:

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Feb 23rd, '11, 14:45

bmwracer wrote:Ratings for Episode 7: 18.5%... Down again. :pale:
Don't worry, i'm sure it'll pick up again. :D I never bother about the ratings though, if I like the story or actors in there, i'll follow it till the end.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Feb 23rd, '11, 14:50

avieamber wrote:
bmwracer wrote:Ratings for Episode 7: 18.5%... Down again. :pale:
Don't worry, i'm sure it'll pick up again. :D I never bother about the ratings though, if I like the story or actors in there, i'll follow it till the end.
Yeah, same here... But I'm always hoping that the drama will be successful, too. :)

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Feb 25th, '11, 14:39

Magazine scan. :)

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Feb 26th, '11, 04:21

finished ep7
a good episode despite the lower rating. I find it quite a humorous one overall. The preview for the next one seems very interesting. I wonder what made Hashiba quarrels with Gou. Looks pretty intense. And finally, just a random thing I noticed: Hatsu is almost always munching something in her mouth :lol

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Feb 26th, '11, 05:29

Looks like some folks are blaming Juri-chan for the low ratings: http://www.tokyohive.com/2011/02/gou-an ... criticism/

Apparently, people can only see the Nodame character in her acting and nothing else....

And some are STILL pissing about the age issue... Either get over it or stop watching and whining about it. :glare:

Oh well, you can't make everyone happy...

hhnd

Post by hhnd » Feb 26th, '11, 05:48

Haha I also was very upset at the article above, considering how they're not judging her acting as a 10 year old character, they just want her to behave like the typical princess at that time. I understand no matter how "lively" a girl might be, she had to obey certain rules during that period, but to me, it has to do with the script more than anything.
Naturally the main actress has to take the blame. Now I really hope once Gou moves on to the more mature phase, they'll really see Juri-chan's acting talent.

So far I think she was excellent as a 10-year-old, it's our problem that we can't accept the age difference or that we can't get Nodame out of our head (our = audience in general, certainly not me. I don't see any Nodame around in Gou :blink )

*Haven't sounded like such a biased fan in a long time, it's fun :roll *

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Feb 26th, '11, 06:03

hhnd wrote:Haha I also was very upset at the article above, considering how they're not judging her acting as a 10 year old character, they just want her to behave like the typical princess at that time. I understand no matter how "lively" a girl might be, she had to obey certain rules during that period, but to me, it has to do with the script more than anything.
Naturally the main actress has to take the blame. Now I really hope once Gou moves on to the more mature phase, they'll really see Juri-chan's acting talent.
Yup, just like in sports, the star or coach is the one to blame for the entire team's failures... :pale:
So far I think she was excellent as a 10-year-old, it's our problem that we can't accept the age difference or that we can't get Nodame out of our head (our = audience in general, certainly not me. I don't see any Nodame around in Gou :blink )
It's probably both.

I suppose if you don't have any imagination whatsoever you can't (or won't) visualize an adult portraying a precocious little kid... And if people can't get the Nodame character out of their heads, who's fault is that?

Not Ueno's.

lullabye

Post by lullabye » Feb 26th, '11, 06:23

bmwracer wrote:Either get over it or stop watching and whining about it. :glare:
Since the ratings are down, it looks like there are plenty of people doing just that. But I don't think it is the acting or even the difficulty in accepting the age gap for the actresses and their characters. It's the writing and direction, the way that the world is made to spin around Gou. It's not just that she is the main character, but that she is omnipresent and all-wise, while respected historical figures are made to look foolish. All the actors have been commendable, but they can only do so much.

As for me, I'm still watching. I may not last the whole thing out, but it won't be because of the acting.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Feb 26th, '11, 06:39

lullabye wrote:
bmwracer wrote:Either get over it or stop watching and whining about it. :glare:
Since the ratings are down, it looks like there are plenty of people doing just that.
I guess so. :pale:
But I don't think it is the acting or even the difficulty in accepting the age gap for the actresses and their characters.
Not according to that article or the accompanying comments... :sweat:
It's the writing and direction, the way that the world is made to spin around Gou. It's not just that she is the main character, but that she is omnipresent and all-wise, while respected historical figures are made to look foolish.
I don't think she comes off as being all-wise... I think it's more the observations of a curious, innocent youth wondering why things are the way they are.

The only foolish character is Hideyoshi, I think... He's way over the top with the idiot savant characterization.
As for me, I'm still watching. I may not last the whole thing out, but it won't be because of the acting.
I'm going to watch it all the way through (no surprise) unless it turns into a joke like Last Friends...

lullabye

Post by lullabye » Feb 26th, '11, 07:22

lullabye wrote:But I don't think it is the acting or even the difficulty in accepting the age gap for the actresses and their characters.
bmwracer wrote:Not according to that article or the accompanying comments... :sweat:
Japanese critics are notorious for blaming a show's problems on the actors.
bmwracer wrote:The only foolish character is Hideyoshi, I think... He's way over the top with the idiot savant characterization.
This, so much. If it doesn't let up, this will be what kills my enjoyment of the show.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Feb 26th, '11, 08:26

lullabye wrote:
lullabye wrote:But I don't think it is the acting or even the difficulty in accepting the age gap for the actresses and their characters.
bmwracer wrote:Not according to that article or the accompanying comments... :sweat:
Japanese critics are notorious for blaming a show's problems on the actors.
bmwracer wrote:The only foolish character is Hideyoshi, I think... He's way over the top with the idiot savant characterization.
This, so much. If it doesn't let up, this will be what kills my enjoyment of the show.
I guess I need to read up some more about Hideyoshi to see if he was really this eccentric... This over the top characterization really reminds me of Takenaka Naoto's role as Franz Stresemann from Nodame.

The portrayal won't turn me off from watching, but I think it does affect the flow and rhythm of the drama...

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Feb 26th, '11, 09:30

That critic was a little harsh I think. Have to allow for the critics in general as they are usually making a noise to increase their own place in the entertainment world.

I have only been d/l these episodes. However I have watched a scene or two here and there, and read every posting by others re this drama. I must say it is interesting to see how people view a drama at times. Once I re set my mind to view Ueno as a child, and accept that she would at least grow up..I was able to get over that bump in the road. I did not watch more than one or two scenes of Nodame. Not my style. Saw Last Friend. Certainly not acted in the way Gou is being acted.
I don't like the way Hideyoshi is emphasised as a fool in the court. He was no fool. He was brave and loyal to Nobunaga always. He dealt with Akechi for sure. He actually had an amazing life...very interesting man.

Gou as portrayed would not have existed. Japanese Princesses from childhood would have been elegant and polite and well versed in how to be a good wife and mother. They would not be as pushy as this Gou and she would not have been privy to any important conversation between her male elders whether family or vassals.
I think the writer has played around with the history to suit what she wanted for her own story. There are several places where what is written and acted just did not and could not have happened. I think I have said before that I do not mind if some things are left out of a story but I dislike very much when something is added in quantity which never occurred. History should not be messed with... altho I know it is changed all the time depending who is doing the writing.
In any drama with Nobunaga or any reading about him I never found any closeness with Gou being mentioned at all. I consider this to be a drama and hardly correctly a taiga. It is not history. It is a drama about historical people. This is only my opinion of course and I go by what I have seen and read. Any taiga is a great undertaking and a lot of work.
Right now I am watching two other taigas. One is the 1998 'Takeda Shingen' and just started the 1997 one about the Mori Motonari, who came several years before Nobunaga.
Both are black and white and both are exceptional.
Last edited by Peggy on Feb 26th, '11, 09:42, edited 2 times in total.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Feb 26th, '11, 09:32

well it is her FIRST taiga drama after all, i think they should cut her some slack for it and give her some time to adjust.

And besides, it's also not her fault that she needs to act as a 10 yr old in it. Not that I find anything much wrong with it, because so far, I'm enjoying her very much in there. I did feel several 'nodame' ocassions but I think it's because she's a very curious kid and again, a 10 year old.

I think the critics are bit too harsh on her. It's obviously not entirely her fault. :glare: Plus, she's just following the script by calling nobunaga 'uncle' I'm sure.

I will definitely continue watching though. And I'm sure the ratings will pick up once she gets off the kiddy phase. She'll do amazing as an adult. :D

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Feb 26th, '11, 13:33

The drama Gou and Ueno Juri's acting criticized.
(Personally I haven't watched Nodame or Gou yet so I can't say this or that, I think I've just watched Last Friends, with Ueno Juri)

Part of the article from Tokyohive
Full article is here: http://www.tokyohive.com/2011/02/gou-an ... criticism/

First off, most people think that it’s unreasonable to have a 24 year-old portraying a character that is merely 9-10 years old as yet, but there are also direct attacks like: “she doesn’t know how to act in a historical drama” and “the way she’s talking doesn’t fit at all”.

Entertainment critic Hiruma Masaaki tried to put it in a nutshell:

“Her acting is poor. No matter what she does, she always looks like ‘Nodame’. It was a very successful role for her, but she isn’t able to put enough weight into her characters as it would be appropriate for a woman living in the Sengoku period. Others like Suzuki Honami are doing a great job, but Ueno’s ‘Nodame’ acting makes her character look more like a moronic princess. She does have a big face and big eyes by nature, but nothing of that is needed for a historical drama. Her performance makes her look like a girl from Shibuya, not like a princess. Viewers judge a character depending on the person who is playing it, but since her image from ‘Nodame’ is still too prominent, it was a mistake to cast her for a taiga drama in the first place. “

He further criticized the wrong historical facts throughout the drama:

“You are free to interpret history in different ways, but you must not bend historical facts. People will stop watching it, because they don’t buy what’s going on anymore. You just don’t call Nobunaga ‘uncle~’, it doesn’t fit into the Sengoku period. I’m done with it, it’s a pure waste of time.”

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Feb 26th, '11, 16:43

^ Uh, I already posted the link to that article on the previous page... :scratch:

Ken Sanada

Post by Ken Sanada » Feb 27th, '11, 04:38

A Japanese Actor,Yasuo Daichi,who performed in the drama "Go Himetachi no Sengoku" Katsuie Shibata,Go's stepfather talked about Juri Ueno and her acting as a princess Go.

He said "Juri Ueno faithfully performed the post.She did not do a useless speaking. She was worried reading a script for a long time.I couldn't understand whether Juri Ueno was worried to think about acting or Go herself was worried".

Additionally,he said"Juri Ueno is very serious about her work unusually and is very hopeful.She can take care with surroundings and is good actor."

Yocto

Post by Yocto » Feb 27th, '11, 05:26

“You are free to interpret history in different ways, but you must not bend historical facts. People will stop watching it, because they don’t buy what’s going on anymore. You just don’t call Nobunaga ‘uncle~’, it doesn’t fit into the Sengoku period."

Agreed.
But "historical facts" are also subject to interpretation & bias.
Aren't the "winners" who wrote history from their perspective ?

I like Juri Ueno acting as princess Gou.
[ And I also like the acting of the guy playing monkey. He is really funny. ]

:)
// Yocto

vege-okonomiyaki

Post by vege-okonomiyaki » Feb 27th, '11, 14:15

Yocto wrote:
I like Juri Ueno acting as princess Gou.
[ And I also like the acting of the guy playing monkey. He is really funny. ]

:)
// Yocto
He is. Goro Kishitani has also directed Juri-chan in Killer Virgin Road, and played her dad years ago in NHK's Teru Teru Kazoku :)
Last edited by vege-okonomiyaki on Feb 28th, '11, 01:13, edited 2 times in total.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Feb 27th, '11, 15:58

^ Bad link for the pic. :sweat:

vege-okonomiyaki

Post by vege-okonomiyaki » Feb 27th, '11, 18:00

bmwracer wrote:^ Bad link for the pic. :sweat:
What pic? :scratch:
Last edited by vege-okonomiyaki on Feb 28th, '11, 01:14, edited 1 time in total.

lullabye

Post by lullabye » Feb 27th, '11, 18:22

vege-okonomiyaki wrote:
Fixed. <kicks> :x
LOL. Still not fixed. You'll have to copy the picture and upload it to your own account. Baidu and hotlinking of any kind don't mix.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Feb 27th, '11, 19:23

lullabye wrote:
vege-okonomiyaki wrote:
LOL. Still not fixed. You'll have to copy the picture and upload it to your own account. Baidu and hotlinking of any kind don't mix.
Yup.

Use Photobucket as your image host (even though they screwed up the user interface :glare:).

vege-okonomiyaki

Post by vege-okonomiyaki » Feb 28th, '11, 01:37

lullabye wrote:
vege-okonomiyaki wrote:
:study: Oooh, sorry. Did you say something?

lullabye

Post by lullabye » Feb 28th, '11, 02:27

vege-okonomiyaki wrote:
lullabye wrote:
vege-okonomiyaki wrote:
:study: Oooh, sorry. Did you say something?
LOL :lol

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Feb 28th, '11, 22:21

Ratings for Episode 8 was 20.9%

So much for the criticism about Juri-chan's acting. :P

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Mar 1st, '11, 02:48

bmwracer wrote:Ratings for Episode 8 was 20.9%

So much for the criticism about Juri-chan's acting. :P
AWESOME! :cheers:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Mar 2nd, '11, 00:38

Ack, where's Episode 8?

I'm going through withdrawal.... :P

hhnd

Post by hhnd » Mar 2nd, '11, 06:11

That's awesome :wub: I can't wait for ep 8 either :cry:

I like how nothing has changed (in that her acting hasn't improved in just one episode), but rating is something critics can use so that they have something to write about. Oh well, everyone's got to make a living, right? :roll

cokecain

Post by cokecain » Mar 2nd, '11, 09:01

Someone please upload episode 8 raw version !!!!

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Mar 2nd, '11, 14:33

hhnd wrote:That's awesome :wub: I can't wait for ep 8 either :cry:

I like how nothing has changed (in that her acting hasn't improved in just one episode), but rating is something critics can use so that they have something to write about. Oh well, everyone's got to make a living, right? :roll
You said it. :thumright:

Still no sign of the raws... :sweat:

ingesz

Post by ingesz » Mar 5th, '11, 08:59

:scratch: there's no one discussing episode 8 in here :pale:

lullabye

Post by lullabye » Mar 5th, '11, 09:23

ingesz wrote::scratch: there's no one discussing episode 8 in here :pale:
Busy week. I haven't had a chance to watch yet!

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Mar 6th, '11, 01:06

ingesz wrote::scratch: there's no one discussing episode 8 in here :pale:
I already talked about Episode 8 over at J-Dorama. :P

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Mar 7th, '11, 04:25

Can I request for the OST in mediafire link please? Anyone?

thanks in advance! :salut:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Mar 7th, '11, 06:28

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Mar 7th, '11, 21:15

Rating for Episode 9: 20.0% :thumright:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Mar 11th, '11, 04:06

Just finished Episode 9...

The human drama has just been terrific so far... And incredibly tragic. :(

ingesz

Post by ingesz » Mar 11th, '11, 20:54

after the tsunami, i'm not sure episode 10 will be aired :(

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Mar 11th, '11, 23:23

ingesz wrote:after the tsunami, i'm not sure episode 10 will be aired :(
Yeah, probably.... Everyone's in emergency mode right now. :sweat:

ingesz

Post by ingesz » Mar 12th, '11, 10:24

please anyone translate this article

大河「江」地震で撮影中止、出演者帰宅
2011.3.12 05:01

11日の地震発生当時、東京・渋谷区のNHKでは放送中の大河ドラマ「江~姫たちの戦国~」と朝ドラ「おひさま」の撮影中だった。「江」では豊臣秀吉役の岸谷五朗(46)と淀君役の宮沢りえ(37)が撮影に参加していたが、いずれも途中で打ち切り。出演者は全員、帰宅の途についた。

source : sanpoo.com

:unsure:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Mar 12th, '11, 16:00

^ I think it basically says that filming for Go has stopped because of the disaster.

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Mar 12th, '11, 16:07

Filming for Go was in progress at the time of the earthquake. It has since been discontinued.

Ep10 has been postponed and will air on 20 March as NHK lengthens its special coverage on the earthquake aftermath.

ingesz

Post by ingesz » Mar 19th, '11, 11:38

waiting for episode 10 ^_^

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Mar 20th, '11, 15:50

Aww :( I have to wait to see this drama until it's streaming online since I can't download files. CRAP! :alcoholic:
Last edited by iluvasiandrama on Mar 20th, '11, 16:13, edited 1 time in total.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Mar 20th, '11, 16:01

ep10 is gonna be a real tear jerker again :cry:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Mar 21st, '11, 03:38

A very tearjerker episode, indeed! T_T

Ishida Mitsunari appeared for the first time! yea~
How old is he suppose to be in Ep10? :roll

Liubeibei

Post by Liubeibei » Mar 21st, '11, 04:06

yanie wrote:A very tearjerker episode, indeed! T_T

Ishida Mitsunari appeared for the first time! yea~
How old is he suppose to be in Ep10? :roll
yanie! Haven't seen you in ages!

Mitsunari is supposed to be 23 in this episode.

The scene at the end with Ichi and Katsuie,
it seemed like it was going to be the same as in Komyo ga Tsuji, but turned out otherwise.
Much, much sadder than I expected.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Mar 21st, '11, 04:32

Thanks!

Hehe... yea, got caught up with RL jobs. Just managed to watch Ep7-9 with your subs last week, and caught Ep10 on airtime yesterday^^

I have to say I love Ep8-9!! Really love the family drama^^ Although it's questionable that Chacha and Hatsu can accept Katsuie as their father and loving him to that extent, in such a short of time. But oh well... its a drama^^

The actor playing as Shibata Katsuie did a great job. None of the other Katsuie actor left me a deep impression as much^^

Otsukaresama deshita to Suzuki Honami!! She will always be my #1 ICHI !! But I guess, she's not considered "crank-up" yet? As she has more narration job all the way to final ep??^^

Liubeibei

Post by Liubeibei » Mar 21st, '11, 04:47

yanie wrote:Thanks!

Hehe... yea, got caught up with RL jobs. Just managed to watch Ep7-9 with your subs last week, and caught Ep10 on airtime yesterday^^

I have to say I love Ep8-9!! Really love the family drama^^ Although it's questionable that Chacha and Hatsu can accept Katsuie as their father and loving him to that extent, in such a short of time. But oh well... its a drama^^

The actor playing as Shibata Katsuie did a great job. None of the other Katsuie actor left me a deep impression as much^^

Otsukaresama deshita to Suzuki Honami!! She will always be my #1 ICHI !! But I guess, she's not considered "crank-up" yet? As she has more narration job all the way to final ep??^^
Well, in that case, okaeri!

I agree that this version's Shibata Katsuie has left the most impression, not only because Daichi Yasuo did a great job, but also because this story is mainly telling their side of the story. The second-place Katsuie for me is Matsudaira Ken from 2002's Toshiie to Matsu.

About Suzuki Honami, I brought it up before but 7th-key made a good point that she's been narrating all this time from the after-life anyway, so she'll just continue :)

BTW, Ichi is so awesome in this episode.

Liubeibei

Post by Liubeibei » Mar 21st, '11, 05:39

Kyogoku Tatsuko (played by Suzuki Sawa) is making her debut in ep 11.

futarichan

Post by futarichan » Mar 23rd, '11, 23:37

yanie wrote:A very tearjerker episode, indeed! T_T
mitai~ but will be... Image
yanie wrote: The actor playing as Shibata Katsuie did a great job. None of the other Katsuie actor left me a deep impression as much^^

yes she will http://sankei.jp.msn.com/entertainments ... 009-n4.htm
definitely will missed Shibata Katsuei-sama :wub: :cry: :hissy:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Mar 24th, '11, 19:42

Azai clan t-shirt. :)

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Mar 25th, '11, 02:58

bmwracer wrote:Azai clan t-shirt. :)

NICE!!!!~ :wub:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Mar 25th, '11, 03:28

^ I stumbled onto that pic while Googling. :)

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Mar 25th, '11, 05:59

Uwaaa... kakkoiii~ It's more of an "Azai Nagamasa family" t-shirt rather than Azai clan, ne. There are different family crests next to each name. I recognize next to Go is Tokugawa family crest (my avatar^^v). So I'm guessing that next to Nagamasa is Azai crest? Next to Chacha is Toyotomi crest? Next to Hatsu is Kyogoku crest? And next to Ichi... is that the Oda crest?

I want a Tokugawa clan t-shirt :P

Liubeibei

Post by Liubeibei » Mar 25th, '11, 07:39

yanie wrote:

Uwaaa... kakkoiii~ It's more of an "Azai Nagamasa family" t-shirt rather than Azai clan, ne. There are different family crests next to each name. I recognize next to Go is Tokugawa family crest (my avatar^^v). So I'm guessing that next to Nagamasa is Azai crest? Next to Chacha is Toyotomi crest? Next to Hatsu is Kyogoku crest? And next to Ichi... is that the Oda crest?

I want a Tokugawa clan t-shirt :P
Ding ding ding ding ding! You got all the crests correctly :cheers:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Mar 25th, '11, 08:20

Liubeibei wrote:Ding ding ding ding ding! You got all the crests correctly :cheers:
Haha... thanks.

Sorry, need to correct. kaneyamaboy once told me that my avatar is not really a Tokugawa crest, but more of a Matsudaira crest. (branch of Tokugawa? or is it the other way around?) Different number of leaves in both crests... tsk, tsk^^