[DISCUSSION] Joker Yurusarezaru Sousakan

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
shinobu_kujo

[DISCUSSION] Joker Yurusarezaru Sousakan

Post by shinobu_kujo » Jul 16th, '10, 16:25

This is a new thread for new dorama summer 2010 Joker Yurusarezaru Sousakan

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Joker_Yurusarezaru_Sosakan

Synopsis: Date Kazuyoshi (Sakai Masato) known as a "Buddha" for his gentle personality, pouring all of his energy into resolving each case in a mid day. But at night, he transforms into a cruel punisher as his gentleness gives way to his anger towards the criminals. The series is said to pose questions about what justice and evil truly are.

Date got help from his partner Miyashiro Asuka the Rookie (Anne) and a reckless forensic officer Kudo Kenji (Nishikido Ryo)

Does anyone had been seen this dorama??...

Actually i've kind of lost because until now i haven't found the torrent for this dorama and didn't found the fansub who interesting to do the sub. i think the story was quiet interesting, because i haven't see Ryo as a forensic officer. and when i see on drama wiki the 1st episode had 13,9%

So i opened this thread hopefully someone told me the stories... maybe upload the torrent. :roll :P

thank you

NoraThorn

Post by NoraThorn » Jul 17th, '10, 20:09

Well, I'd seen it but I'm afraid I can't really help you because my Japanese didn't allowed me to fully understand complicated detective plot, so I just share my impressions from watching ^^

It was unexpectedly good! Liked it very much!
It's stylish and serious. The whole atmosphere is quite dark despite of a couple of jokes here and there. Music was very impressive, it fits the story perfectly.

I liked the main character, he seems to be so soft and harmless *may be even weak* person during daytime, but becomes extremely cold-hearted and strong-willed in the night. I think Sakai Masato portrays him very convincingly.
Ryo's acting was good enough. I liked his character. In spite of his reckless appearance, looks like he has a dark past or something.
And he managed to look cool even in Hawaii shirts))

Now I'm dying to rewatch it with subs *__*

*btw, I downloaded the first episode at jdownload lj-community: http://community.livejournal.com/jdownload/1527284.html *

shinobu_kujo

Post by shinobu_kujo » Jul 17th, '10, 21:28

NoraThorn wrote:Well, I'd seen it but I'm afraid I can't really help you because my Japanese didn't allowed me to fully understand complicated detective plot, so I just share my impressions from watching ^^

It was unexpectedly good! Liked it very much!
It's stylish and serious. The whole atmosphere is quite dark despite of a couple of jokes here and there. Music was very impressive, it fits the story perfectly.

I liked the main character, he seems to be so soft and harmless *may be even weak* person during daytime, but becomes extremely cold-hearted and strong-willed in the night. I think Sakai Masato portrays him very convincingly.
Ryo's acting was good enough. I liked his character. In spite of his reckless appearance, looks like he has a dark past or something.
And he managed to look cool even in Hawaii shirts))

Now I'm dying to rewatch it with subs *__*

*btw, I downloaded the first episode at jdownload lj-community: http://community.livejournal.com/jdownload/1527284.html *

Thanks for helping me :salut: for told me the stories from first episode. even you didn't understand japanese quite well.

and thanks for giving me the link... :thumright:

somehow when i read your story and read the synopsis...i have kind of description this drama has the essence from DarkJustice (American action tv series). but with japanese culture.....^__^

anyhow... this drama still make me curiousity even there's no one will subbing it.

Poor Joker..... :-(

Thank you NoraThorn..*big hug*

ZoddGuts

Post by ZoddGuts » Jul 18th, '10, 15:28

It's getting subbed on Viikii, it's not completely done but should be in a couple of days.
Last edited by ZoddGuts on Jul 19th, '10, 02:05, edited 1 time in total.

NoraThorn

Post by NoraThorn » Jul 18th, '10, 17:08

shinobu_kujo
Glad I helped a little ^^ *hug back*
I believe in Ryo fans, they must sub it sooner or later))

mavi

Post by mavi » Jul 18th, '10, 17:11

Newshfan has softsubbed it .
http://newshfan.livejournal.com/201107.html

zsuness

Post by zsuness » Jul 18th, '10, 20:08

ZoddGuts wrote:It's getting subbed on Viikii, it's no completely done but should be in a couple of days.
Awesome, thanks for letting us know about this!

Bulykin

Post by Bulykin » Jul 18th, '10, 20:51

mavi wrote:Newshfan has softsubbed it .
great news :thumright:
but they didn't continue the subbing...

shinobu_kujo

Post by shinobu_kujo » Jul 19th, '10, 02:19

ZoddGuts wrote:It's getting subbed on Viikii, it's not completely done but should be in a couple of days.
gladly you've told me about this...but isn't it that was streaming site??...how can we get the softsub from that site??...because i prefer to download than watching on streaming site....i have bad connection if doing some streaming....

thank you :D

bérangère

Post by bérangère » Jul 19th, '10, 06:51

OK, am I the only one shocked by the message delivered by this drama ? That private justice can overwhelm public justice ? (I say private and not "personnal", the problem of personnal justice is, I think, different, and maybe easier to forgive)
"The system failed so I will be the police, the judge and the executor". No thank you ! This is absolutely out of question ! If you're not satisfied with the system, then fight to change this system !
There are laws. If the ones that are supposed to make people apply them break them, where is the society going ?

Moreover, in a country like Japan, where recently political scandals have been exposed *every month* in the news, you won't make me believe that somebody, whoever he may be, can prevent his son from a murder accusation. Moreover for 7 murders ! With all the proofs ! The News even taught us recently that even yakuza-connected politicians can fall, so please ? You can escape murder accusation because of influential connection ? I think not. And even if the father had tried, wasn't it way more logical to contact the press, instead of becoming the "dark knight of revenge" ?
well, at least it seems he has not killed him. Yet ? I don't know how to interpret the last scene of the boy on that boat. Will he kill him and put the corpse in the sea ?
And moreover, it seems that all the people who seems to... have guessed what our "black justicer" was doing at night (because he is not really good at hiding things...) feel absolutely all right with that. Is all the Police Department insane ?

Well, I still hope that this drama's message will change, and will try to explain that private justice is absolutely unforgivable, but I really doubt it.[/spoiler]

mistamoco

Post by mistamoco » Jul 21st, '10, 09:22

*desperately needs this drama in torrent*
my connection's sucks! so i can't download directly.. :(

it's seems a little bit hard to get HQ drama recently. odd ya?
anybody know why??

saya13
Spain

Post by saya13 » Jul 21st, '10, 09:44

HQ drama is available here :thumright:

http://nomanymore.blogspot.com/2010/07/ ... joker.html

but not in torrent

mistamoco

Post by mistamoco » Jul 21st, '10, 19:08

thanks for the link saya13.. :D

but i'm still hoping someone would upload it in torrent.. :pray:
Bulykin wrote:
is it true they won't continue the sub? i wonder why.. :unsure:

Bulykin

Post by Bulykin » Jul 21st, '10, 19:11

mistamoco wrote:thanks for the link saya13.. :D

Bulykin wrote:
"I'm unlikely to continue subbing this series because I don't think it'll manage to hold my interest for all 12 episodes or however many there will be. And I'm sure a hundred other subbers will start releasing their own versions soon too, so that's a great excuse for me to be able to stop."

Hakkou

Post by Hakkou » Jul 21st, '10, 19:33

bérangère wrote:OK, am I the only one shocked by the message delivered by this drama ? That private justice can overwhelm public justice ? (I say private and not "personnal", the problem of personnal justice is, I think, different, and maybe easier to forgive)
"The system failed so I will be the police, the judge and the executor". No thank you ! This is absolutely out of question ! If you're not satisfied with the system, then fight to change this system !
There are laws. If the ones that are supposed to make people apply them break them, where is the society going ?

Moreover, in a country like Japan, where recently political scandals have been exposed *every month* in the news, you won't make me believe that somebody, whoever he may be, can prevent his son from a murder accusation. Moreover for 7 murders ! With all the proofs ! The News even taught us recently that even yakuza-connected politicians can fall, so please ? You can escape murder accusation because of influential connection ? I think not. And even if the father had tried, wasn't it way more logical to contact the press, instead of becoming the "dark knight of revenge" ?
well, at least it seems he has not killed him. Yet ? I don't know how to interpret the last scene of the boy on that boat. Will he kill him and put the corpse in the sea ?
And moreover, it seems that all the people who seems to... have guessed what our "black justicer" was doing at night (because he is not really good at hiding things...) feel absolutely all right with that. Is all the Police Department insane ?

Well, I still hope that this drama's message will change, and will try to explain that private justice is absolutely unforgivable, but I really doubt it.[/spoiler]
Wow. I am amazed.

Of course it's not good to for someone to go out and take justice into his own hands, but what he's going for is immediate justice! He knows who the wrongdoer is and he also knows that if he pushed to make sure the criminal was put in jail or whatever the legal way is, he'd be hunted down with a quickness.
You saw the boy's father... he immediately wanted to go kill the person who killed his son. Can you blame him? Date just took care of it FOR him. The kid deserved it.
But as far as the message of the drama, I am pretty sure it's probably going to end with him being found out and brought to his own justice.
I highly doubt the drama's gonna let him go off quietly into the night when the reporter chick and Ryo already have an idea that it's him... other people are gonna catch on.

little_dream

Post by little_dream » Jul 21st, '10, 21:51

bérangère wrote:OK, am I the only one shocked by the message delivered by this drama ? That private justice can overwhelm public justice ? (I say private and not "personal", the problem of personal justice is, I think, different, and maybe easier to forgive)

Mmmm..,i agree with you that private revenge - i liked that description by the way - is not the ultimate solution ,but i think that we should not jump to conclusions after only one episode..neh?^^, the drama isn't finished yet ,so i think the final message didn't deliver yet eitherImage

i don't think that they are only advertising that kind of behavior, i think that will be shown more in the upcoming episodes by the differences between the characters and their reactions towards it & that not everyone can do such a thing just to help others or save the wounded justice that can't help us ! ,they also asking "is Date's feeling of Justice is right as he think?" , i think they didn't decide that as a fact till now ^^ ,they just trying to make us think more ^_^

i think they just wanted to show those examples that come from the real world not only in Japan but almost in everywhere in the world now,about those deadly gaps in the system that lead to see the brag murderers walking in front of you with innocent's blood in their hands without even have the ability to touch them or bring them to justice just because they are bigger than the law & rules !

that cruel world that leaves the weak helpless victims drown in sadness & pain for eternity because they can't end this ! ,maybe they will suggest other solutions to face this ,or maybe they will just leave it to us in the end ,everyone & his thoughts & morals ! ,or maybe will show us another point of view..etc,all i know that they are not looking to it like it's a good thing at all !

i'm one of those who always believe in "don't fight evil with evil" no matter what the reasons are by the way,but i was really confused & in very emotional pain through the whole episode because i hated the fact that we become in a world where the dark roles ! ,i hated that the " to fight the criminals you have to be one of them" thing unfortunately sometimes is true!! ,i don't like it & don't believe in it & i can't ever do it ,but i know it exists in our world today !

it's so troubling for me to have to choose ! between my principles & that tough world around me that driving me crazy by breaking all the rules ! that's why i'm waiting for more from this drama as it dives deeper in the human nature ,leaving us in so many questions that we tried to answer hoping to find the right answer ^ ^,it's not just a "the brave dark knight who punish the bad guys" i have a feeling it has a lot of more ^ ^

i agree with Hakkou as well in this :
Hakkou wrote:But as far as the message of the drama, I am pretty sure it's probably going to end with him being found out and brought to his own justice.
I highly doubt the drama's gonna let him go off quietly into the night when the reporter chick and Ryo already have an idea that it's him... other people are gonna catch on
sorry for my randomness - and for my English as well :unsure: ,but your comment catch my attention ^_^,sorry to bother you
---

oh,by the way,there is a special community for the drama here:

http://community.livejournal.com/joker_jdrama/
(but you should join it first ;) )

it had all the files that related to the drama as well ^O^,so every info\download link\sub..etc supposed to be published there ^ ^

Best regards

Lili

shinobu_kujo

Post by shinobu_kujo » Jul 22nd, '10, 05:23

Bulykin wrote:

Finally Gryzze had been upload the torrent.....you can search on http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_86987.htm it was on Middle Quality

but for the sub,....i haven't found which fansubber will replace Newshfan.... :unsure:

Malora

Post by Malora » Jul 23rd, '10, 20:49

So far this drama is reminding me of the American series Dexter, vigilante killer in the police force, people interested in the 'missing' bad guys and judging from the previews
the fatherly mentor angle as well.
I will follow with interest as I quite enjoyed the Dexter TV series and the books.

Bulykin

Post by Bulykin » Jul 24th, '10, 20:41

i saw the first ep, it was good :)

zsuness

Post by zsuness » Jul 24th, '10, 20:53

Malora wrote:So far this drama is reminding me of the American series Dexter
Yeah, when I heard about the plot, I couldn't help but think of Dexter immediately which I absolutely love. Somehow, I doubt JOKER can really (and I hope they don't even want to) follow the path of Dexter, though which can be either good or bad.. bad if it'll turn out to be a toned down version of Dexter, good if they can add some new to it. I've only seen the first ep so far but I liked it and I'm looking forward to more.

Bulykin

Post by Bulykin » Jul 24th, '10, 21:25

Dexter is harder and better... i think, but Joker is still awesome :)

Chuks

Post by Chuks » Jul 24th, '10, 23:53

Haha, I guess I wasn't the only one who thought about Dexter, especially at the
last scene on the first episode. :P
Dexter is my favorite show.

Although Dexter is at a different level, I like Sakai's acting. He's convincing.
Oh, and Kaga Takeshi.
(I didn't know Ann is Watanabe Ken's daughter.)

zooey
Philippines

Post by zooey » Jul 25th, '10, 00:23

Chuks wrote:Haha, I guess I wasn't the only one who thought about Dexter, especially at the last scene on the first episode. :P
Dexter is my favorite show.

Although Dexter is at a different level, I like Sakai's acting. He's convincing.
Oh, and Kaga Takeshi. (I didn't know Ann is Watanabe Ken's daughter.)
I have to echo this sentiment on all counts (including finding out about Anne being Ken Watanabe's daughter). :D

Jeff Lindsay's Dexter is really something else and Showtime did a magnificent job of running with it. There are marked differences in the characters though-- Dexter's wry and self-effacing, while Date's more of the chump that people notice but brush off and underestimate. Plus, Date gets props for being a vigilante, I think he gets to reassure the relatives of the victim that justice has been served. So yeah, I think they should steer clear of anything that would remind people of Dexter.

After seeing the first episode, I thought Joker was a bit clunky. For some reason, the scenes did not transition smoothly. I'm gonna stick around and watch this because Sakai Masato's quite good in playing characters that put up a front. He did the exact same thing in Atsu-hime and I can't wait to see what he's going to do on this one.

shinqtaro

Post by shinqtaro » Jul 25th, '10, 05:04

Ep.2 is much better.
While I don't understand in ep1 why he didn't wait until the murderer is in the act of commiting his last crime and catch him red-handed; ep.2 is much better written and there really is no (admissable) solid proof for the DA to build a case, and he did exaust all legal means.
Still one of the better written cop shows and certainly blow last season's Zettai Reido away.

Yunkie

Post by Yunkie » Jul 28th, '10, 04:30

Anyone has the lyric of that drama's theme song SCAR, plz give me.
Thanks in advance

harukaya

Post by harukaya » Jul 31st, '10, 03:10

Yunkie wrote:Anyone has the lyric of that drama's theme song SCAR, plz give me.
Thanks in advance
for now, try this.. http://qa.fresheye.com/qa/view.php?qid= ... alist_clip

zdzdz

Post by zdzdz » Aug 4th, '10, 14:39

Soft and hardsubs for episodes 1, 2 and 3 can be found here: http://newshfan.livejournal.com/

JaJe

Post by JaJe » Aug 12th, '10, 09:58

shinobu_kujo wrote:

Bulykin wrote:

Finally Gryzze had been upload the torrent.....you can search on http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_86987.htm it was on Middle Quality

but for the sub,....i haven't found which fansubber will replace Newshfan.... :unsure:
NEWShFAN won`t continue (at the moment), because she took a break of subbing for a time unknown. :-( And she made it because there are people who don`t understand the simple rules and are being stupid. she said it makes her so sad and angry that she better takes a break. I will ask her to continue - maybe if she sees how desperately we need her, she would change her mind. :wub:

ecco27

Post by ecco27 » Aug 20th, '10, 21:22

It seems like no one wants to talk about this :unsure: But I've really been enjoying this show! It's the only drama I'm watching this season (in fact it's the only drama I've watched this whole year so far!)

I just have a question, for some reason this is bugging me... Date is Miyagi's senior, is he a higher rank than the other officers as well? :lol I don't know why, but I was rewatching some of the episodes and I got really curious about that.

kawaiimomo

Post by kawaiimomo » Aug 20th, '10, 22:30

I am also loving this drama and it's the only drama i really like this season. i like everyone else said it is kinda like Dexter. also i really love the ending song by rip slyme!

AilsKeren27

Post by AilsKeren27 » Aug 22nd, '10, 22:15

i love this show too. although i haven't watched dexter, a lot of comments reference joker to it. does anyone else think that date-san looks much better w/o bangs? like the hairstyle he had some yrs ago in ep. 4. and also what's with the sour face?

ecco27

Post by ecco27 » Aug 28th, '10, 02:48

Well, he looked pretty good without bangs but he was meant to look younger anyway.

This week's ep
I really wonder about the chief being the murderer of Miyagi. It seems like he is and maybe I'm putting way too much thought in to this but when it shows Miyagi being stabbed doesn't the person attacking him seem like he'd be stronger and younger? IDK maybe the chief is a really good fighter but would he really be able to take down a big guy like Miyagi so easily? Then again there could just be some jdrama magic going on :P

This week was a pretty big cliffhanger, clearly Date is going to be ok but I wonder how. Does Hyuga miss or domething? haha
As for subs, it seems like newshfan got really mad at people uploading to streaming sites and she decided to lock all her subs. :cry: I'm not on her friends list and I'm really worried right now that I won't be able to see her subs for the rest of the episodes. Maybe things will change by next week but I really love this show and we're getting close to the end here...

shinobu_kujo

Post by shinobu_kujo » Aug 28th, '10, 14:07

ecco27 wrote: As for subs, it seems like newshfan got really mad at people uploading to streaming sites and she decided to lock all her subs. :cry: I'm not on her friends list and I'm really worried right now that I won't be able to see her subs for the rest of the episodes. Maybe things will change by next week but I really love this show and we're getting close to the end here...
looks like wendy already open her lock. Hope it will last until final episode...and i hope there's no one will uploading on streaming site....or she will be pissed off again :| :|

Misato-san

Post by Misato-san » Aug 28th, '10, 18:37

Ao_no_michi @ livejournal released the first episode today!
Now I will be able to watch JOKER ^____^

1-up

Post by 1-up » Sep 3rd, '10, 14:07

I just caught last week's episode and downloading this week's now. I am so excited about it!
I hope Date is okay! I wonder if Mikami came to help? Also, Hyugo. Is. So. Creepy. I think what he said really impacted Date a lot. After all what he is doing is not anymore justifiable than Hyugo.

And Kudo is 'naaaaw when he told Date that Date saved him. This is the only episode that I didn't think Ryo is creepy, heh.

Reikaa

Post by Reikaa » Sep 10th, '10, 23:53

This drama got so good! I wasn't expecting it to be so intriguing.
So who you guys think is Joker? I'm pretty confused, because...
At first they wanted us to think it was Chief, but after watching the episode 8 or 9, which he tells everything he knows about to Miyagi, i don't know anymore if it was him or not. But after episode 9, I feel like they are pretty much pointing it to Mikami.

ttexta

Post by ttexta » Sep 11th, '10, 00:40

one more episode to GO!!
damn, this drama is soo twisted >.<

cant wait :D

ecco27

Post by ecco27 » Sep 11th, '10, 06:35

Episode 9 really brought it!
Even before this episode I knew it probably wasn't the chief since they were trying so hard to make us think it was him :P It would have been too obvious! So of course I started thinking it was Mikami because obviously it's someone they all know and someone they everyone thinks Date is better off not knowing about, and then all the talk about RETIRED members of the police... so it seems clear that it would be Mikami. But at the end when Kudo was getting stabbed it showed him in the bar! And before right after Katagiri got stabbed he was already waiting by the water for Kudo. Also, if he could kill so many people so easily then why is he going around and tranquilizing the criminals, wouldn't it be easier to just kill them as well? :scratch: Plus after Kudo found out who it was he called him to tell him he wasn't showing up, why didn't he just call Date directly to tell him he wasn't coming? Unless he was already trying to confront Mikami I guess...

So if it is him they better come up with some really good reasoning for it because right now it's making no sense. And if it's someone else, who could it possibly be? Maybe one of the random police men?

OH and don't even get me started on how dumb it was for Miyagi and Kudo to go to the abandoned warehouse alone! :cussing:

touii

Post by touii » Sep 12th, '10, 19:40

ecco27 wrote:Episode 9 really brought it!
Even before this episode I knew it probably wasn't the chief since they were trying so hard to make us think it was him :P It would have been too obvious! So of course I started thinking it was Mikami because obviously it's someone they all know and someone they everyone thinks Date is better off not knowing about, and then all the talk about RETIRED members of the police... so it seems clear that it would be Mikami. But at the end when Kudo was getting stabbed it showed him in the bar! And before right after Katagiri got stabbed he was already waiting by the water for Kudo. Also, if he could kill so many people so easily then why is he going around and tranquilizing the criminals, wouldn't it be easier to just kill them as well? :scratch: Plus after Kudo found out who it was he called him to tell him he wasn't showing up, why didn't he just call Date directly to tell him he wasn't coming? Unless he was already trying to confront Mikami I guess...

So if it is him they better come up with some really good reasoning for it because right now it's making no sense. And if it's someone else, who could it possibly be? Maybe one of the random police men?

OH and don't even get me started on how dumb it was for Miyagi and Kudo to go to the abandoned warehouse alone! :cussing:
You were thinking what I was thinking!
... I hope it wasn't ... Kurusu was it? (the guy who belittles Date every episode) The assassin seemed to have a thin body ... so I'm hoping it wasn't one of the old guys ... but who else would Kudo know? Must have been his mentor or something ... (please don't say random forensics person).

Also, I wonder if Underground V's the place where the criminals have been locked up, which would mean ... Mikami! ... but that's kind of far-fetched ...

I still think it was either Mikami, Yagami Light's dad (he didn't mention the cameras or anything, which would have been helpful so maybe he was leading her on, BUT I WANT TO TRUST HIM BECAUSE HE IS SO COOL, or Kurusu. Mikami does seem a bit ... unstable but like you said, he doesn't kill ... but what if someone found out about his secret?

ecco27

Post by ecco27 » Sep 23rd, '10, 06:01

Ahhh it's all over now! They TOTALLY left it open for a second season and I really hope they do one. I'm going to miss this show so much :cry:
I guess I kind of saw who did it coming but I kept trying too hard to come up with reasons he couldn't have done it. I suppose that dock where the boat took off from and the warehouse were really close together after all. :whistling: I was a bit surprised by how calmly all the characters took the Mikami was going around killing people, but maybe I shouldn't be since it fits with Date's character at least.

The only major problem I had in the end was with the timeline of the show... I just didn't get it! Lets see:

25 years ago: Mikami's family is killed and the killer is never brought to justice, the Underground V contacts Mikami and lets him in on JOKER, around this time Date's parents are killed and he meets Mikami.

5 years ago: The mysterious disappearances start.

Er what were they doing for those 20 years? Did they really spend that long just preparing for JOKER? That does bug me...

sweetimpact

Post by sweetimpact » Oct 10th, '10, 18:55

"omae ni ashita ha konai"
ok that quote is awesome XD

Romance

Post by Romance » Nov 17th, '10, 03:26

Just finnished this and simply loved it, been a while since i got into a drama like this (sat up whole night :D). Love mysteries like this, felt alittle like triangle which is one of my favourites. Definately an awesome drama that more people should give a chance!

What was you guy's favourite episode/story?
For me it has to be with the child abuse case... and i just cant believe that the writers had to let the kid die. Thats quite brutal when you think about it, dont see like that too often in jdramas. :cry: