[Discussion] Juui Dolittle

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
ziliey

Post by ziliey » Dec 12th, '10, 03:22

Hold on!!
Are you saying that they are going to cancel the show???
WHY???
It's such a good show that is different from the others!!
And Oguri Shun is in it!!!
:cheers:

Salz

Post by Salz » Dec 12th, '10, 07:32

what????????
there only 8 ep :crazy:
this drama is really good and there is still a LOT more to tell about the main character so i really hate to see a rushed or open ending :pale:

anyway the rating is really good and stable if you compare to other dramas this season...
they always maintain double digit rating which already very good and really hard to achieve this days so i don't consider their rating is bad at all :whistling:

maybe they have always plan of this drama as 8ep drama and don't want to change the original script to add more ep (hopefully this is the real reason and not the canceling one because it don't make sense with the good rating they have every ep) :blink

awww im gonna missed watching this drama every week...
Juui Doolitle, Freeter and Ogon no Buta is the only drama this season that i follow regularly without any miss every week :salut:

goygakgoy

Post by goygakgoy » Dec 12th, '10, 17:26

This dramas is the bomb! The guy from Azumi is so cool with his dedicated I don't give crap only for money attitude. "I'm not a volunteer, I better get paid"..lol.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Dec 12th, '10, 20:48

Aw only 8 ;_;? Well... this show proves there's drama in all fields of work and study. The next series to have people who are almost like politicians.... LIBRARIANS!!! Lol. But yeah I would never htink of a series about vets to have like issues like that but I guess they do too. Still intrigues me to see Shun, who once played a character who was all over Mao now plays this due who like... can't stand her being in his face lol.

noshadow31

Post by noshadow31 » Dec 13th, '10, 08:01

according to the official website, there are 9 episodes in total.
http://www.tbs.co.jp/jyuui-dolittle/story/9.html

the last episode will have 15-minute special extension :)

rehnii

Post by rehnii » Dec 14th, '10, 13:32

I really dont like oguri shun hair in this drama
sorry but i think he looks ugly
of course it also made him look much much older
but still... ew :D
but i like the drama
i just hoped for more romance
and where is the triangle drama wiki talks about? not even a "lovely look" lol
but this drama made me cry a lot because of the pets
its so so sad *sob*

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Dec 14th, '10, 16:17

rehnii wrote:I really dont like oguri shun hair in this drama
sorry but i think he looks ugly
of course it also made him look much much older
but still... ew :D
but i like the drama
i just hoped for more romance
and where is the triangle drama wiki talks about? not even a "lovely look" lol
but this drama made me cry a lot because of the pets
its so so sad *sob*
It's funny you say that because there is really not that much of a hint in a love triangle in the supposed-three. I actually didn't know it had a love triangle until I read your comment and went to wiki lol
To me it seems like Mao, Hiroki, and that tall girl from Lovely Complex (omg I forgot their names except Tottori lol) That's the only kinda traingle Is ee that looks like one. But there isn't really much of one between Mao, Shun and Hiroki (no one shows any interest!! Only Mao seem to like Shun, but you can tell she likes Hiroki's continuous kindness and gentleness that Shun doesn't possess outwardly too often)
So yeah....I will hate it if the last episode make them all like each other out of nowhere and that's when the REAL love triangle begins *shakes head* it shouldn't even have romance... it's fine how it is. Not every show needs love and romance!

rehnii

Post by rehnii » Dec 14th, '10, 16:52

«minah» wrote: It's funny you say that because there is really not that much of a hint in a love triangle in the supposed-three. I actually didn't know it had a love triangle until I read your comment and went to wiki lol
To me it seems like Mao, Hiroki, and that tall girl from Lovely Complex (omg I forgot their names except Tottori lol) That's the only kinda traingle Is ee that looks like one. But there isn't really much of one between Mao, Shun and Hiroki (no one shows any interest!! Only Mao seem to like Shun, but you can tell she likes Hiroki's continuous kindness and gentleness that Shun doesn't possess outwardly too often)
So yeah....I will hate it if the last episode make them all like each other out of nowhere and that's when the REAL love triangle begins *shakes head* it shouldn't even have romance... it's fine how it is. Not every show needs love and romance!
yeah. I also doubt it will somethin like that happen when it has to be only 9 episodes drama and in 7 episodes so far didnt nothin happened. Maybe just if they would make 2nd season that would be cool to watch the characters more deeply.
And about that tall girl (i dont remember her name too lol) its funny how she always try to seduce him, but it always fall because he gotta busy. But i dont like her of one simply reason. Do you remeber the episode where she first met with Mao? she was so cold to her :D i dont like characters like that

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Dec 14th, '10, 17:00

@rehnii

Yeah that's how I saw THAT love triangle... because she was so mean and cold to Mao and I was like "Geez... not these type of girls...." She's a FAIL! lol But yeah if they had a season two but I kinda doubt that'll happen. Already on 7 so I'm guessing 8 will have toward the end of the episode someone confessing and nine will get more in detail with that lol. Hopefully they'll leave the romance out completely... let it be a crush or something. But I did just think about how Dolittle would confess. "Well, i guess there's one more fool in the world who's taken by you..." *pulls her close* "...me" *and those bad touching lips kiss scenes and her eyes are wide open in shock and surprise!* lol! So cheezey and corny what I just described lol

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Dec 16th, '10, 22:01

Saw eppy 8

See.. that's why the big brother can't take over! Even when he's not trying he hurts animals! OMG.... But I think the reason why the Chairman got up and walked over to the other couch was because he saw himself in his oldest son (since he said he father beat him up too) so just my guess.

I see cheeseyness with the whole "gotta go to Africa thing." Either:
1. He goes and she follows him
2. He doesn't go yet because he discovers his love for her lol
3. They both go their own ways and won't see each other until a year's time. But they share some embracing hug or the lip touching thing and then after a year goes by she's more mature and he still makes fun of her but hugs her

I think it's more the 3rd one... if they're gonna be realistic so yeah.... But it's interesting how this episode was called "euthanasia" as it is kinda the last episode. But I agree... we always give something value and worth... because everything should be worth living.

rehnii

Post by rehnii » Dec 18th, '10, 16:57

I saw the latest ep too and this time it was REALLY too much sad...
but what made me fun was the almost last scene, because
Balzac was for sure a plush toy and the bood looked so fake that it was obvious... poor doggie. I know yuzo didnt hurt him on purpose but i think a long time already he is behind the incidents with hurt animals by human hand (the dog, the duck, ...) he did it already with that important dog i ep 7 or 6...
anyway i watched yankee-kun to megane-chan and with Narimiya Hiroki as a main male lead and he was soo funny... seeing him so serious as hanabishi-sensei is not fun at all xD

Romance

Post by Romance » Dec 18th, '10, 18:10

^ But i guess its quite difficult to make dolls look like real animals, sounds easy maybe but it's not. I think they are doing a decent job on it :-)

Rikayla

Post by Rikayla » Dec 19th, '10, 17:24

So glad to hear there's an episode 9!

But dayum, episode 8:
When the director Domon guy started punching his son, that made me wince. =/ I never liked the son, but that was so harsh. What a cruel man DDD:

But yeah, I agree, the second last scene with the ULTRA SLOW MO was pretty hilarious, rofl.

Still, Junpei is so cute idek >___>"
I was hoping he and Mao would have some sort of cute younger boy idolizing older girl affair and Oguri would do all sorts of cute angry stuff in return LOL.

xploring

Post by xploring » Dec 21st, '10, 12:35

Just watched the last episode. The story in this episode wasn't that interesting but nice ending. Inoue Mao was great at acting with her eyes.

rehnii

Post by rehnii » Dec 21st, '10, 15:12

Romance wrote:^ But i guess its quite difficult to make dolls look like real animals, sounds easy maybe but it's not. I think they are doing a decent job on it :-)
Well but balzac seemed too much fluffy and like a plush more like real dog. And I think it was quite clever since they wont really hurt animals to look it like real deal

and whats more i dont think balzac would be so easy to care around like junpei did... this race of dog is pretty heavy even that they look thin... even my dog is heavy even its a small dog... and its not because hes fatXD dont missunderstand

noshadow31

Post by noshadow31 » Dec 23rd, '10, 08:13

finished the last episode
I'm happy with almost everything in the series. All in all a decent series and pretty well-made.

The only grievance is Junpei. A person who goes out of his way to harm animals is by no means comparable to a good-natured but temporarily misguided youth. I mean what is that?

What's considered serious crime to me (and hopefully almost everyone in the would) was taken relatively lightly here. Made me a little mad >:(

Oretachi

Post by Oretachi » Dec 23rd, '10, 13:28

Will you be uploading the OST form Juui Dolittle?
Realese Date: 01.12.2010

Rikayla

Post by Rikayla » Dec 24th, '10, 00:51

Done the series!! 8D
I too thought the Junpei side-story was pretty shitty too, especially for a plot twist. I mean, yeah, they had to solve all those mysterious injuries and stuff, but I felt like there wasn't enough content built up on those injuries that I actually forgot about those random park attacks until like, Dolittle mentioned it after the surgery. And then I remembered, "Oh yeah, there were random animal attacks in the park."

I thought Inoue Mao did an amaaazing job acting with her eyes too! It's definitely one of her strengths. Especially with the mask on, you could tell much more from her eyes than say, Narimiya Hiroki's dead eyes, heh. =/

And another thing was that everything wrapped up too nicely for me. Everybody became good again, and everything became perfect?? Though I did like how Hanabishi ended up going to Africa instead, because that seemed pretty realistic for a plot. But Dolittle saying "I can't go" at the end was wtf too, because after saying that, all they showed was flashbacks to pet owners' crying. He should have just flat out said that he liked being in Inoue Mao's company! D<

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Dec 24th, '10, 06:23

Yeah saw the finale too. Didn't expect it to be MatsuJun Jr (he kinda looks like him a little..... right?) But that seemed horribly thought out... like it came outta nowhere. But I guess I kinda take back what I said about the older brother... And I agree with Rikayla! The kinda stopped with those random injuries (and it seemed a bit cheesey for the series.... have to have that one animal-hater in this kinda show I suppose bit still...) and then outta nowhere "Yeah, which reminds me someone messed up my equipment too!" Now what if Junpei never admit to it? That would suck to replace it... And I was a bit iffy when they never mentioned Asuka's Future again until this episode so it would have been nice to see her again... which we still haven't minus flashbacks. And I didn't expect for Hiroki's chara to go to Africa instead. Those two grew so much. The last show they were in together, they were two of four DB4... getting off hearing people have sex... and now they're vets. ^_^ This show demonstrates how Shun and Hiroki definitely grew and matured. I wouldn't believe those two were the same guys from Stand Up!! and Gokusen lol. The show was decent... noting extraordinary, but does give people awareness to animals and think twice about them ^_^ So I wonder if many people in Japan are getting pets for Christmas? lol

jerin

Post by jerin » Feb 4th, '11, 20:03

http://www.cdbanq.com/OST--Juui-Dolittl ... 31791.html#
hello, anybody manage to find where to download the ost for Juui Dolittle? the link above can't download but can only purchase the ost online. too bad i don't have credit card............. :(

cute_angel

Post by cute_angel » Feb 8th, '11, 06:37

I love this series! Especially that I'm an animal lover... :wub: :salut: