Login Issue? Delete D-addicts cookie from your browser settings and login again.

[Discussion] Keizoku 2: SPEC

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Nprob
Posts: 1
Joined: Sep 8th, '06, 07:30

Post by Nprob » Mar 10th, '11, 09:53

i wanted to ask anyone knows about the Tsuda character but it seems like it's a puzzle to everyone. Nevertheless, the drama is very enjoyable.

User avatar
«minah»
Posts: 620
Joined: Jul 30th, '08, 16:17
Location: in a room

Post by «minah» » Mar 10th, '11, 15:37

Nprob wrote:i wanted to ask anyone knows about the Tsuda character but it seems like it's a puzzle to everyone. Nevertheless, the drama is very enjoyable.
I think the only answer is... he's a SPEC so whatever unique SPEC he has is probably the answer to his mysterious character (that and if there is a movie coming out... then that may be the answer too)

xflr40
Posts: 57
Joined: Jun 23rd, '10, 12:09

Post by xflr40 » Mar 12th, '11, 11:01

About the ending - I seem to have a different take to most people - am I misunderstanding something?
Most seem to think Toma has the same spec ability as Ninomae and it was just hidden until the end. I didn't see it that way. At first I thought this but when I watched past the end of the credits there was a scene where a "public welfare" officer calls in and says the situation has been "stabilized". We already know that people with spec's work for "public welfare" and so I assumed that it was this officer who had the same spec as Ninomae and he had sorted things out. So that's the way I understood the ending.

Am I missing something or misunderstanding something?

On the one hand I don't like it when drama's spell things out too much - but it seemed mildly annoying that previously we'd always been shown what was going on when Ninomae was moving at super speed - yet here it was deliberately not shown just to be obscure - which seemed a little naughty perhaps for a finale scene. But perhaps the ending was more obvious if you are native Japanese?

In any case it was a great series.

:)

Kai Stormwind
Posts: 8
Joined: Feb 9th, '11, 11:50

Ending & Mysteries

Post by Kai Stormwind » Mar 12th, '11, 13:20

Going to put up some of my own views on the ending and some mysteries of this awesome series. Warning though, it's quite long.
Firstly, the final episode heavily implies that Toma (Erika Toda), managed to unlock her own SPEC. Several reasons for this. The most obvious is that Ninomae's SPEC is exactly the same as that used to defeat Chii/Tsuda (Yu Shirota).

I need to pause here to actually present my own theories on the ability Ninomae has, since the explanation offered in the show is somewhat incomplete.

For Ninomae, time seemingly stops, but actually it is the ability to manipulate time around one's body to move and think at speeds millions of times faster than a normal human. Of course, it also means the body and mind reacts and ages millions of times more quickly in this state. Such speeds can have a negative effect on the body. The poisoned snow was one example, but there are more. Imagine that Ninomae had a open wound bleeding badly. If he used his ability in that state, his wound would bleed a million times more quickly. He would die in seconds in that state. Ninomae has also shown that he bring other people into the same state as him if he so wishes, which leads me to think that this is the manipulation of time, rather than the body actually simply being able to move at superhuman speeds, as that cannot explain the ability to transfer and remove this state to and from others. Ninomae cannot stop time, but he can simultaneously accelerate time for his body and mind as well as the bodies and consciousness of others. He cannot stop, or slow down time, only accelerate time for the bodies and conciousness of people.

But enough about my theories on the ability. Since Ninomae and Toma are actually siblings, then it does not seem farfetched to suggest that if Toma manages to unlock her SPEC, it would similar or identical to her younger brother's.

Secondly, there are visual clues that support this theory. Just before Chii/Tsuda dies, he seems to think that Toma caused his death, as evidenced by his looking at her right before he died. And when his head hit the ground, it landed right next to one of Toma's university pictures that he took. Mirei also seems to think this way, as can be seen from her reactions, and Sebumi also tries to turn his head towards Toma, despite being unable to see clearly. The ending shot before the credits has the camera pulling out from a solo shot of Toma with a slight smile on her lips. And if anyone has noticed, Toma's position changes all of a sudden. From standing directly behind Sebumi, she is suddenly a little distance away from him after Chii/Tsuda dies, despite no signs of either person moving at any point of time, such as footsteps. Having an ability like Ninomae could explain the sudden move. She used her ability. Why she used it again to move there is beyond me, though it is possible she did something else first before moving to that spot.

Thirdly, is the fact that Toma is a genius with an IQ of 200. This makes her brain already well developed, and certainly a likely candidate for a SPEC to surface in, since obtaining a SPEC seems to a matter of evolution/usage of the brain. Toma herself says in episode 9 that she possesses a SPEC. In her own words, 'Well, my brain has always been sleeping, but the remaining 90% of my brain should be able to wake up if I want it to."

Of course, Ninomae being alive holds water too. He could simply have decided not to come out when he was ordered to. That might explain the reaction Nonomura had when paying respects to Ninomae. That of shock.

One theory is that Tsuda of Public Welfare helped Sebumi, Mirei and Toma out. I deem it highly unlikely, however, as he has no motive to do so, and it goes against all the clues laid out for the audience.

In short, with regard to the usage of that SPEC at the end, Toma is by far the most liekly suspect, with Ninomae being a very distant second. Tsuda, is by far the least likely, unless the writers and director decided to just mislead the audience with every clue.

I saw people asking about Tsuda, and I'll go on to discuss him a little. The most obvious thing about Tsuda, is that there is more than one of him. Episode 9 explains this. Of course, this is simply a theory of mine. When Tsuda and Sebumi meet in Episode 9, Sebumi says this after listening to Tsuda's explanation for being alive. "Threw away their faces, threw away their names."

Meaning that there was originally one Tsuda Sukehiro. When Unit Zero of the Public Welfare Division (Codename :Agressor) was formed, a system was invented whereby when the first Tsuda died, he would be replaced by another. And if the replacement Tsuda died, another Tsuda would step up. They're not clones. They're men who throw away their faces and names to become Tsuda Sukehiro. Extreme cosmetic surgery, a name change, wiping their history and erasing their former existance. The reason? Tsuda Sukehiro, being the leader of Unit Zero, would forever be targeted. He was the mascot, the flag by which all who fought against SPEC wielding criminals would rally by. If he died, Unit Zero could crumble. But more importantly, it would embolden criminals with SPECs. So Unit Zero needed not just a leader, but a leader who would never die. Hence the pains for such a system of deception. All to create the illusion that Tsuda Sukehiro will never die. This can explain why all three Tsudas dress differently and have different hairstyles. Being different people, they have different habits.

Presumably, the current Tsuda is also a SPEC wielder, judging by his sudden disappearance, though the exact nature of his SPEC, if any, is obviously unknown as of now. Also, why exactly Chii suddenly introduced himself as Tsuda may never be known. There is just one more question. In episode 9, Ninomae tells Sebumi that he destroyed Aggresor and all the Tsudas were killed by him. How then did the new Tsuda appear at the church? Well, the first possibility is that Sebumi was merely lied to by Ninomae to intimidate him and prevent him from contacting Unit Zero for help or backup. All Ninomae did was kill the Tsuda in the minibus and the other Unit Zero operative as well. Afterall, how would Ninomae know the identities and locations of all Agressor operatives? Second possibility, Ninomae missed out on one or more Tsudas Agressor had prepared. Whether they were well hidden or it was just an accident, I cannot say. Thirdly, some elements of Agressor survived and recruited a new Tsuda into their ranks. Whether this new Tsuda was one of the Agressor survivors or a completely new guy, I cannot tell as well. As for which is most likely to be true, I have no idea on this.

As for a sequel, well, Toma gives hints about a movie, but nothing concrete there. If you go to http://www.tbs.co.jp/spec2010/, the official website of the drama, look at the bottom. It says 'Next Season...Coming Soon!'. It's no confirmation, but it's a surer sign of a sequel than Toma saying she WON'T do a movie.

I shall end it here. Goodness me, this is a really long read.
Last edited by Kai Stormwind on Mar 13th, '11, 17:56, edited 1 time in total.

xflr40
Posts: 57
Joined: Jun 23rd, '10, 12:09

Re: Ending & Mysteries

Post by xflr40 » Mar 12th, '11, 15:25

Thanks for your very long and detailed thoughts Kai - a comment:
Kai Stormwind wrote: One theory is that Tsuda of Public Welfare helped Sebumi, Mirei and Toma out. I deem it highly unlikely, however, as he has no motive to do so, and it goes against all the clues laid out for the audience.
I agree with you that everything is trying to make you think that this is Toma's Spec suddenly becoming active. Especially the fact Ninomae and her were brother/sister. However, this wouldn't be the first time the writers have misdirected.

I think there's every reason for Tsuda of public welfare to help them out. Consider what would happen if they'd all died and Chii had triumphed. His stated aim was to cause world wars and general unrest / mischief for his own amusement. Isn't this what unit zero was created to stop?

I do agree though as I've said that all the clues are pointing to Toma. However I always felt that Toma's spec was the stuff she did with the writing when she rips it all up and throws it in the air and suddenly "gets it". If that's not a spec - then what is it? Merely a ritual she likes to perform to help her think?

But at the end of the day there's no way of knowing for sure. It could also be that somehow Ninomae is still alive too.

I guess we'll have to wait until there is a sequel or special and then maybe the writers will let us know. Otherwise it's pretty open to interpretation. Logically the way you've argued it makes most sense - but as I've said the writers have misdirected plenty of times before in the series and that's partly what makes it so much fun although it's perhaps less satisfying when used as an ending
:)

p.s. just had a thought - if this is Toma's spec suddenly becoming active consider what effect that would have on future storylines? Suddenly all problems would be easily resolved making it hard to write compelling drama... I think perhaps this is the strongest reason against it being Toma who is responsible. That is unless she can't control it and it happened that one time but is dormant afterwards... but this seems a bit lame as an explanation...?

kKagari
Posts: 7
Joined: Jul 13th, '06, 01:13

Keizoku 2 OST

Post by kKagari » Mar 14th, '11, 01:47

hi, long time lurker, first time poster, not sure if this is where the topic is supposed to go <__<apologies>__<

thanks

User avatar
Momosodapop
Posts: 45
Joined: Dec 12th, '10, 17:28

Post by Momosodapop » Mar 14th, '11, 11:52

Here you go :)

SPEC Original Soundtrack >>> mediafire

And in case that you want every versions of the theme song "Nami No Yukusaki"
NAMInoYUKUSAKI~TV SPECial COLLECTION>>>mediafire (10 remixs)

I LOVE the OST and theme song of this drama~

bundat
Posts: 3
Joined: Mar 14th, '11, 14:55

Post by bundat » Mar 14th, '11, 15:04

Heya, I'd just like to list a few scenarios/questions which I think are unanswered/unexplained, and some theories.
Arguments to support it would be marked by a (+), and counter-arguments by a (-).

Hope someone would be able to point out flaws in my post, and maybe shed some more light on the ending while doing so.

#1
Unexplained scenario: Nonomura was scared witless while paying respects to Ninomae

Possible explanation:
Ninomae disappeared. This would scare him witless, as he's been mutilated by Ninomae once already with a knife. This would mean he is alive.

(-) Tsuda in the end seemed to have the time stop SPEC. This would align with the japanese chess game (where it is implied that "Tsuda's SPEC is to gain the SPEC of deceased SPEC holders, ala japanese chess pieces". And also Chii's excitement about Ninomae dying (with the dialogue "Hurry up and die Ninomae"), he just can't wait for it to happen, he even waited outside the cage.

(+) If "Tsuda" is something that is passed on after the previous one is killed (or possibly even something that can be stolen via killing), Ninomae "became" the next Tsuda by killing the current Tsuda (Chii). This can mean that each "Tsuda-successor", after killing the previous one, gains the all powers gather in "Tsuda". So the Tsuda in the end may be Ninomae.
#2
Unexplained scenario: Toma smiling at the end, with a know-it-all expression on her face, instead of being confused.

Possible explanation: A lot of people I know think this has something to do with Toma's "I can wake up the SPEC in the other 90% of my mind" dialogue, and that being Ninomae's sister, she awoke her own "time stop" SPEC. Would also explain why she was suddenly standing on the side, without having being shown to have walked there.

(-) It could just be a "Just as planned!" face, ala Kira (Death Note) or Aizen (Bleach). And that she just knew EXACTLY what happened. Also, right after the time stop, when Chii gets riddled with bullets, and collapses, she was still in the same position as before, which is right behind Sebumi.

(+) But her having an innate time-stop SPEC, just awakened now, would explain how she managed to smile during the "snow" when time was stopped.

(-) Or that could just be a poisoned Ninomae weakening, his grasp on time loosening.

(+) Her having an innate time-stop SPEC may also explain how she survived the fall when Ninomae pushed her off the building. Since he was brainwashed to think she killed his whole family, it is unlikely that he would save her after pushing her off. She may have stopped time just momentarily before hitting the ground, herself included.

(-) But then, Ninomae wasn't that evil and demented yet at that time, he was still the person who said "I don't want to this either!!" to Sebumi when he was going to kill Tsuda-1 (with the cap). Also, this doesn't explain how she ended up at home. Ninomae would probably be the only one capable of bringing her home undetected.

(+) But Chii would also be concerned enough to do that, and also know enough to be there as well. He could've just as easily simply found her on the floor. He could also get her home "undetected" (he is seen, but he just erases it)

#3
The question:
Is Ninomae alive?

(+) Nonomura being scared witless, only reason I can think of is that Ninomae disappeared.
(+) OR, he opened his eyes. Either way, this would mean he lived.
(+) The ending list of names, Juichi (Ninomae) kept flashing red/black.
(-) Ending-Tsuda seemed to have the time stop SPEC, which may mean he gained it when Ninomae died (as implied in the chess match)
(+) He may be the next Tsuda, which would explain that.
(-) Seems far-fetched. He is also from subcode, so he won't be Tsuda, which would declare him allied with his enemy group, the Aggressors.
(+) Unless he retains his memories as Youta now, and has disowned subcode. Plus, HE IS subcode, since he's killed them all already anyway. And Chii-Tsuda was also on both sides (although he was really on his own side).
(-) He was declared medically dead. He can't fake that easily.
(+)If he heard Chii's dialogue, and kept his memories as Youta, he would want to protect his sister from Chii. So he first needed to be free from the cage, which he can do by feigning death. He may have done it by doing the inverse of his power, instead of slowing down time for himself, he can speed it up (i.e. his heart would beat a million times slower, it would seem like he is dead.)
(-) Very farfetched.
(+) Right before he died, he opened his eyes, saw Chii waiting for him to die (probably even heard it), and IT SEEMS like he snapped his fingers.
Last edited by bundat on Mar 14th, '11, 16:59, edited 1 time in total.

Kai Stormwind
Posts: 8
Joined: Feb 9th, '11, 11:50

Post by Kai Stormwind » Mar 14th, '11, 15:55

Something short, with regard to paper tearing.
I think the paper tearing ritual, is just that, a ritual used to sort out her thoughts. That's just my own opinion of course. If it were a SPEC of sorts, I would think Toma would recognise it as such, being both a genius and somewhat of an authority on SPEC users. Secondly, it seems Sebumi doesn't recognise it as such either. Third, is that I just can't see the ability to sort out one's thoughts when a large amount of paper is torn and thrown into the air as a SPEC.

bundat
Posts: 3
Joined: Mar 14th, '11, 14:55

Post by bundat » Mar 14th, '11, 16:52

I want to think that Toma's brainpower is a SPEC.

Technically, something is defined as a SPEC if you are using more than 10% of your brain, and the use of the other 90% grants you some special ability.

If Toma's ability to "solve puzzles instantly", which allows her to:
- instantly know that a puzzle piece is missing from what seemed like thousands of puzzle pieces
- speed-read books that are flying through the air, and even notice the pattern of the publishing dates
and all that... if that's just 10% of her brain, then WOW.... and also, then it's not a SPEC (which would make her extremely "rigged" if she ever uses the other 90%).

I would like to believe though, that she uses the other 90% too, so it's "technically" a SPEC, even if her usage of it is just the normal use of a brain (i.e. thinking with it). But of course, there's no proof if she uses only 10% or also the other 90%, it's just my speculation.

And I think she does the paper-tearing thing to turn all the known facts into a "puzzle", which she can solve very easily (i.e. assemble the puzzle/facts, in her mind) once it is in that form. I sorta thought that because when she does that, the random japanese phrases/words that fly around in her head look to me like "puzzle pieces" that are being arranged to form/solve the whole puzzle.

kKagari
Posts: 7
Joined: Jul 13th, '06, 01:13

Post by kKagari » Mar 14th, '11, 23:40

YOU SIR/MAAM, are amazing ^_______^ yes the album is really good, not too sure about the frozen in electronics version of the SPEC song though <__< bit too...strange for my tastes

thanks a million!

Kai Stormwind
Posts: 8
Joined: Feb 9th, '11, 11:50

Post by Kai Stormwind » Mar 16th, '11, 17:15

Again, to quote Toma; 'Well, my brain has always been sleeping, but the remaining 90% of my brain should be able to wake up if I want it to."

Well, that line seems to put any doubt of Toma's extraordinarily high IQ as being a SPEC to rest. The paper tearing is merely her way of enhancing her ability to think. Well, that's my conclusion. Many individuals with very high IQ tend to behave and think rather differently from the average person. Some people think best when they think differently, and the end result can be amazing. And that is complemented by the very acute sense of observation Toma has. The ability to speed read extraordinarily fast is not unknown, so I can't attribute that to a SPEC, but simply her extraordinarily powerful brain, that is very efficient and effective at using 10%, or perhaps sllightly more, to think better.

Anyway, with an IQ of 200, who knows what she's thinking? The people with highest average IQs in the world are from the two Asian island states of Singapore and Hong Kong, with an average of an IQ score 108. South Korea comes next at 106 and Japan, Taiwan, China round out the top three spots at 105. The first non-Asian country takes fourth spot, with the honour going to Italy at 102. Anyway, 200 is nearly double of these scores. It wouldn't be a stretch to say that perhaps we just don't understand the ways of a genius like Toma. I still stick with my argument of the paper tearing having nothing to do with any SPEC she may possibly have, dormant or not.

Of course, as always, and I quote Tsuda here this time; "Doubt the truth in everything."

If I were to be strictly scientific though, IQ has nothing to do with how much of your brain you use, since all humans use 100% of the brain unless the brain is injured. Every part of the brain has a function, and processes different types of information. This also means a person developing a SPEC is impossible in reality, at least on the basis of having used more of your brain. You could argue evolution, but certainly not using more of the brain when all of it is already being used.

If anyone is interested, since this actually goes against popular belief, check the link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/10%25_of_brain_myth

annie_chan
Posts: 35
Joined: Feb 14th, '09, 20:24
Location: UK

Post by annie_chan » Mar 17th, '11, 00:31

Kai Stormwind wrote:
If anyone is interested, since this actually goes against popular belief, check the link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/10%25_of_brain_myth
No offense, but you know that anyone can contribute to wikipedia and it is a source of information but not a reliable one, right?

Kai Stormwind
Posts: 8
Joined: Feb 9th, '11, 11:50

Post by Kai Stormwind » Mar 17th, '11, 09:26

True that. However, many Wikipedia articles cite sources and provide links. I never use Wikipedia articles to prove anything, until I have checked the sources and determined their credibility. In this case, I have determined the sources by which the Wikipedia article has been based on, and determined them to be credible. As such, there is no reason to why I shouldn't offer that link. And even without that article, which is for anyone interested in the topic, I've known for a while that all of the brain is used by humans. Not all 100% is used all the time, yes, but 10% is far too little. If you were to check the sources of the article, I think you'll find that my call was not wrong.

bundat
Posts: 3
Joined: Mar 14th, '11, 14:55

Post by bundat » Mar 18th, '11, 06:36

I've read/heard that so many times on a lot of discussion forums, that the 10% brain thing is only a myth, especially during ESP or telekinesis discussions, that I thought it was already common knowledge.
But the real world has no bearing on this discussion, what matters is what the show states, since it is established by the show that an ability is only a SPEC if it utilizes the other 90% of the brain (whether that is not true in the real world or not).

i.e. if a character in the show can fly, move at the speed of light, and shoot laser beams from his eyes, using only 10% of his brain, it is NOT a SPEC.
- But if a character in the show, by using the other 90% of his brain, has the ability to fart and burp at the same time, then it is considered a SPEC, no matter how useless the ability is.

It doesn't matter if in the real world, everyone uses 100% of their brain, what matters is how much they supposedly use in the show, because that is what defines a SPEC.

Based on this argument, we can never know if Toma's intellect is a SPEC or not since it is never stated directly in the show how much of her brain she supposedly uses for her superhuman feats (like recognizing the missing puzzle piece, or reading books flying in mid-air).

Anyway, to me, her dialogue about "being able to wake up her SPEC if she wants/needs to", I thought that she meant that "I can figure out anything if I want to" and that "waking up her SPEC" meant that she would go on her paper-tearing ritual. Or go into the "state" that she is in when she looked at the said puzzle pieces, or when she stopped to read the books in mid-air. i.e. that she meant in her dialogue that she can do that anytime, and when she does that, no one can beat her.

Also, she compared her brain usage to Satori's, as well as their brain usage weaknesses, so comparing her brain usage to a SPEC user somehow reinforces to me that her intellect is a SPEC, despite that she only uses her brain to think and has no extraordinary "superpowers" from it.

And I doubt that an IQ of 200 would be so high that you can instantly recognize a missing puzzle piece in thousands, or that you can read books flying in mid-air. I myself have been rated to have a high IQ (around 160... I'm not sure why that does not fit in with your provided IQ scale of the supposed high scores) when I was a kid, which is an official rating since it's by the DOST in the Philippines. They had put me in the Gifted Children program, and granted me scholarship for life. My school even recommended me to join Mensa, since they require a minimum of 130-140 IQ. But I don't really see that much of a difference. If anything, I'm more of a scatter-brain than everyone I know. No superhuman stuff. :P

I think Marilyn vos Savant has the highest recorded IQ with around 230 when she was 10 years old. She should trump Toma by a bit. Let's see if she can read books flying in mid-air .:P

But anyway, I don't really want to discuss Toma's paper-tearing, it's not really an issue for me if people are convinced it's an IQ thing and not a SPEC, what I REALLY want to discuss is the ending. After all, in my earlier post, I pointed out some things that weren't even mentioned before, like:
Ninomae "trying" to use his powers when he overheard Chii waiting for him to die (and possibly succeeding, since if you watch closely, the frame jumps as soon as his fingers touch).
---------------------------------------------------

But anyway, I've found another angle regarding the ending, while discussing this show with a friend.
I came about this theory while listing and discussing the points in the story where Chii was manipulating people and/or organizations.


Here's a list of manipulations by Chii:

- Ninomae (at the start)
-action: to have memories of Toma killing his entire family
-purpose: in order to have Toma defeat Ninomae

- Ninomae and/or subcode (episode 1)
-action: to have Shimura attack Sebumi, and then have Ninomae reverse the bullets
-purpose: in order to have Sebumi as a "love rival" against Toma

(theory)
- Ninomae
-action: to stop time after he pushed Toma after pushing her off the building (so that she can be saved)
-purpose: since he can't have the person who is both his "love interest", as well as his tool to defeat Ninomae, just die like that

- Ninomae and/or subcode
-action: to have Ninomae and Sebumi kill Tsuda-01 (cap-Tsuda)
-purpose: in order to infiltrate Aggressor and have it under subcode's control, by having Chii become the next Tsuda

Based on the one above, its seems that it is possible for the next Tsuda to seize control from the previous Tsuda by killing him.
Therefore, the following theory is not too far-off:
- Ninomae killed Chii, in order to either:
- become the next Tsuda (my previous theory, which I think is far-fetched), OR
- support Aggressor's next Tsuda, by killing the rogue SPEC Chii (former Tsuda), who now wants to create wars, terrorism acts, and whatnot.

I think the second option (my new theory :P) is more likely.
I think it could've happened this way:

- Ninomae overhears Chii's plan, who reveals it to Toma, while he is lying poisoned in the snow.
- Ninomae overhears Chii's excitement "Hurry up and die Ninomae", and combined with his now recalled memories as Youta, decides to turn against Chii.

thus:

- Ninomae fakes death by speeding up time around him (instead of slowing it down)
- He wakes up while Nonomura is there (scaring the old guy out of his wits)
- However, he is still too weak to get up, move about, or do anything.
- Nonomura reports this, and the report eventually gets to the higher ups (i.e. Aggressor)
- The next Tsuda meets with Ninomae, and offers him a deal: his life, and/or freedom, and/or revenge against Chii; in exchange for offering his power/services to Aggressor.
- Ninomae stops time for Tsuda, who then kills Chii-Tsuda (previous Tsuda), and also uses Ninomae's services to disappear in the last scene. (he was probably calling Ninomae, which explains why he disappeared after the call)

I think this explains Tsuda's phone call at the end (from which he suddenly vanishes afterwards) very well.
I am quite convinced this is very close to what had really happened.

---------------------------------------------------

And then there's also this:
There's also the theory that Tsuda at the end was actually Chii, since there is a lot of proof that Chii gains the powers of fallen SPEC users, such as:
- being distinctly stated in the chess game
- at the end of the chess game, Chii turns into: the twin-trumpet men (who killed Shimura), then Tsuda, revealing he has at least 3 powers: the twin-trumpets, shape-shifting, and memory-manipulation
- Chii was VERY EXCITED for Ninomae to die, and he just couldn't wait for it to happen.
- He seemed to have super-strength in the final encounter in the chapel

Then, there's also some clues that may lead to this conclusion, such as:

- All the supposed SPEC users that were supposed to be helping him in the chapel suddenly disappeared and stopped helping him, even though it took Toma a LOOONG time to get her reattached hand to move (suggesting it might actually have been his own SPEC)
- The end-Tsuda did not seem too different personality-wise from him as Chii-Tsuda (unlike cap-Tsuda, who was drastically different).
- The end-Tsuda was eating 5-fried 5-steamed gyoza, just like Toma, AND also like Chii.

It may be possible that Chii was just conceding defeat to Sebumi (romantically) since both Toma and Sebumi seem to be bound by more than just memories, which he cannot manipulate. And that he just feigned death, and had himself cured by the hand-of-god SPEC (which may also be his own SPEC, or that he has some other SPEC that can allow him to survive).

Or that he just eventually planned to fake his death, perfecting his concealment as Aggressor's new leader, as well as hiding his SPEC, to gain other SPECs.

This intention of his to hide his true SPEC might explain why he would lie about there being "other SPEC users" within the vicinity to help him (which would be weird, as he was just going to meet Toma without any intention of a fight), as well as possibly creating fake clues that Ninomae is alive (he probably stole Ninomae's body while Nonomura was there to make sure it got out that Ninomae is alive). Just like how the doctor who prescribes diseases created fake clues to frame the white-bearded guy as the SPEC holder.
But I really loathe this theory, so I hope it's not true. :P
(although it seems more pieces of this theory fit into the story than the other theories >.<)

Can anyone confirm if Chii's name (or "Tsuda Sukehiro") appears in the ending credits, and if it is red or black?

Kai Stormwind
Posts: 8
Joined: Feb 9th, '11, 11:50

Post by Kai Stormwind » Mar 18th, '11, 09:00

I used average scores, and if you're around 160, that's really high. I'm around 120 myself. And you're most likely right about 200 not being able to read books flying through the air instantly, but as you yourself mention, it may be different in the fictional world that this drama takes place in. Perhaps not in reality, but maybe in this alternate reality created by the drama's writers, 200 is enough to do that. Or maybe Toma's ability to do so is not the result of either a SPEC or IQ, but simply a skill she picked up from someone or someplace. Regardless, it's not too important I suppose. I highly doubt the writers spent too much time thinking about what someone with an IQ of 200 could possibly do in reality. About your theories...
On reviewing the episode again, I have to say that your theories are possible, especially with the physical resemblance between the Tsuda who appears at the chess game and the one who appears at the end. Things are not very simple in this show, and I'd guess that no one is entirely correct, and perhaps it would be best not to become conspiracy theorists. I'll wait for the next season, or a special or a movie. My favourite line from Tsuda. Doubt the truth in everything.

Your two theories make quite a lot of sense, but neither addresses Toma's behaviour at the end, and maybe it's just me, but Chii/Tsuda seemed to be really confused as to how he got shot. As for simply letting Sebumi and Toma go, that goes against his statement at the chess game of not letting anyone else have her if he can't have her. That could be a lie, but I don't see a reason as to why he would do so to the old guy. Also, unless he has a SPEC with which he can fake his death with, even the healing SPEC wouldn't work on a dead guy. Of course, the writers could easily write in such an ability that would be revealed in whatever comes next, be it a movie or special or a second season.

Chii/Tsuda really did look very dead to me though. On other matters, I've always wondered what the twin trumpet men do. I assume it has something to do with teleportation based on their ability to appear and disappear. And make others disappear and reappear elsewhere. There's also the possiblity that other individuals and/or organisations may have a hand in this. Of course, that's the easy way out for the writers.

I think I shall end my thoughts on this here. We'll never get any answers until a movie/second season/special comes out anyway. So I'll wait. it was an interesting discussion however, and made me rethink about several aspects of this series. Thank you, and good day to all of you.

ailuros
Posts: 123
Joined: Jan 18th, '11, 10:07

Post by ailuros » Apr 6th, '11, 13:26

Just wanna say that i LOVE this series.

^_^

prestoli
Posts: 469
Joined: Jul 15th, '09, 00:53
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Contact:
United States of America

Post by prestoli » Apr 25th, '11, 07:20

I just started watching this series and I think it's great. Love the directing in particular. I have a question though, because I don't speak or read japanese. When Toma starts the process of solving the crime by painting on large sheets of paper, is she making kanji characters. Like I say, I don't know Japanese so can anyone help? :unsure: Thanks!

User avatar
noshadow31
Posts: 138
Joined: Nov 9th, '04, 09:01
Contact:

Post by noshadow31 » Apr 25th, '11, 08:56

Yes those are kanji characters and sometimes she made mistakes and wrote them wrongly. :P

Still no news about SP or movie? :(

prestoli
Posts: 469
Joined: Jul 15th, '09, 00:53
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Contact:
United States of America

Post by prestoli » Apr 25th, '11, 15:19

noshadow31 wrote:Yes those are kanji characters and sometimes she made mistakes and wrote them wrongly. :P
Thanks! So do those characters make sense with the case, or are they just random thoughts of hers? Sorry to keep asking but they weren't subtitled so I have no idea what they mean.

ailuros
Posts: 123
Joined: Jan 18th, '11, 10:07

Post by ailuros » Apr 29th, '11, 02:53

i don't know kanji either but seem her hand writing is terrible, isn't it?


I'm with this theory-:
Ninomae didn't die
Toma didn't have SPEC to stop time.
She can smile during fighting with ninomae because ninomae got poisoned
The one who change bullet direction in the last episode is Ninomae
however, by that time he is not "Ninomae" anymore.
"Ninomae" became "Tsuda", the last Tsuda who we saw disappear at the end of final episode.

hope they have sequal or at least SP
:lol

User avatar
totally_0bsessed
Posts: 577
Joined: Apr 25th, '08, 05:52

Post by totally_0bsessed » May 8th, '11, 05:51

ailuros wrote:i don't know kanji either but seem her hand writing is terrible, isn't it?


I'm with this theory-:
Ninomae didn't die
Toma didn't have SPEC to stop time.
She can smile during fighting with ninomae because ninomae got poisoned
The one who change bullet direction in the last episode is Ninomae
however, by that time he is not "Ninomae" anymore.
"Ninomae" became "Tsuda", the last Tsuda who we saw disappear at the end of final episode.

hope they have sequal or at least SP
:lol
I agree with this theory. :3
I also think that what made chief shocked at the end is because Ninomae's face had changed... or something like it. XD
Anyway, I'm following SPEC's twitter... and they just had a meeting yesterday regarding the character designs of the new spec holder as well as the proposed casting... at least that's how I understood it.. my japanese is VERY limited though.

Also, there is this talk of SPEC 0...
I cannot understand this though~
http://keizoku.cocolog-nifty.com/spec/2 ... -8916.html

but I think... SPEC 0 is someone whom Toma & Sebumi hasn't met before...

Hopefully the next season airs this Fall~ *crosses fingers*

ailuros
Posts: 123
Joined: Jan 18th, '11, 10:07

Post by ailuros » May 9th, '11, 05:01

^
thanks for sharing
cross finger too!!
>_<

Sajen16
Posts: 269
Joined: Jan 27th, '11, 02:23
Location: Merritt Island, FL
Contact:

Post by Sajen16 » May 9th, '11, 06:19

I loved this series it was great I just want to point out that since this was already a second season there's not likely to be another but hopefully a SP and a couple of movies

User avatar
anangan
Posts: 47
Joined: May 9th, '11, 09:23

Post by anangan » May 9th, '11, 09:29

bundat wrote: Can anyone confirm if Chii's name (or "Tsuda Sukehiro") appears in the ending credits, and if it is red or black?
Chii's name is red, "Tsuda"'s name is black with brackets

Ninomae is red.

Some says Ninomae's name change from red to black but I think its just reflections. The other red names also change from red to black at some point.
Last edited by anangan on May 9th, '11, 09:50, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
anangan
Posts: 47
Joined: May 9th, '11, 09:23

Post by anangan » May 9th, '11, 09:49

Here's my theory about the plot, just trying to figure out what really happened and whether my theory matches with the upcoming movie.
There are many Tsudas in Unit 0 at the same time.

In Episode 7 (see attached image), after the capped Tsuda was killed by the "Shinjuku Cinderella", there are 2 Tsudas playing chess and talking to each other. If you listen closely, both are Shiina Kippei's voice. If I'm not wrong, both are capped Tsudas. The Tsuda on the right seems to be the Boss, and the one on left seems to be under him.

Thus I think there is no such thing as new Tsuda or previous Tsuda. All Tsudas are clones of the Tsuda Boss. The clones are killed but the Boss is still alive.

Chii was one of the Tsudas clones who changed face to become Chii. Toma was the one who stopped time in the end, it was her spec which had just developed. The spec shadows did not help Chii because the Tsuda outside the church instructed those shadows to stop helping Chii. Chii was betrayed by Tsuda Boss, he was just a scapegoat. Ninomae's spec was possessed by Tsuda Boss. The Tsuda outside the Church was receiving a call from Tsuda Boss. It seems Tsuda Boss long expected Toma's new ability to stop time.
Attachments
spec.png
spec.png (202.36 KiB) Viewed 2578 times

freshbread3
Posts: 6
Joined: Sep 20th, '04, 20:51

spec 0

Post by freshbread3 » May 10th, '11, 07:21

---> totally_obsessed
Also, there is this talk of SPEC 0...
I cannot understand this though~
http://keizoku.cocolog-nifty.com/spec/2 ... -8916.html
The SPEC 0 they are talking about is not about a character, but about a prequel to Keizoku 2. The article said SPEC 0 would show things like why Toma joined Mishou, Sebumi's life as a new commanding officer, when Toma met Chii, as well as some attacks that Toma had with Ninomae ... basically things that happened just before the series Keizoku 2 ... a prequel, thus the title "SPEC 0."

ailuros
Posts: 123
Joined: Jan 18th, '11, 10:07

Post by ailuros » May 13th, '11, 02:18

^
thanks

User avatar
noshadow31
Posts: 138
Joined: Nov 9th, '04, 09:01
Contact:

Post by noshadow31 » May 15th, '11, 13:12

prestoli wrote:
noshadow31 wrote:Yes those are kanji characters and sometimes she made mistakes and wrote them wrongly. :P
Thanks! So do those characters make sense with the case, or are they just random thoughts of hers? Sorry to keep asking but they weren't subtitled so I have no idea what they mean.
Yes, the kanji words are related to the case. Sorry for replying late. :-(

SPEC 0!! It's a trend to make prequels or what? but i'm not complaining :cheers:

User avatar
totally_0bsessed
Posts: 577
Joined: Apr 25th, '08, 05:52

Post by totally_0bsessed » Jun 5th, '11, 11:57

ooh~ thanks for clearing it up~ freshbread3

I think it's cool if they made a prequel (I wanna see NinomaexToma rivalry more)... but a sequel would be cool too~ XD[/b]

ailuros
Posts: 123
Joined: Jan 18th, '11, 10:07

Post by ailuros » Jul 8th, '11, 04:30


User avatar
ilovekimjeonghoon
Posts: 16
Joined: May 30th, '07, 13:27
Location: Over the rainbow

Post by ilovekimjeonghoon » Jul 11th, '11, 17:46

Can't wait for the SP and movie!!!
I finished this series in 2 days. Each episode just kept me wanting for more. :D

I love the chemistry that exists between Toma & Sebumi! Hehe.
They are so cute together, despite their violent fights with one another.
I just love Toma (& Erika!), her character is so awkwardly adorable haha.

Speaking about Toma...
Like others have already previously mentioned, there are two broad possibilities:
1. Toma's SPEC has finally awakened
2. Ninomae/Youta is still alive and was the one who finished off Tsuda/Chii in the end

I guess the majority believe that Toma's SPEC has finally revealed itself. I'm also all for it too. Just before Chii died, he was in shock of some sort of realisation, and it was evident that he was staring at Toma... unless it was indeed Ninomae that he saw. Ah, the possibilities that lie within this show :P

If Toma's SPEC turns out not to be the same thing that her brother has then, I guess it'll be interesting... Same thing with her high IQ - it could be both a result of her SPEC or it could just be that, that she's just a genius haha. But like Kai Stormwind has mentioned earlier, I also believe that her paper-tearing action is just a ritual that pieces together her thoughts and the evidence/information she holds.

If only I was as brilliant as Toma; being able to rip up paper, throw it everywhere and memorise everything... for exams... *wishful thinking* haha

And Chii... I always thought there was something fishy about that boy...
That last episode definitely left a lot of cliffhangers floating...
Hopefully they'll be properly answered in the upcoming SP & movie!

Can't wait to see the two again! And of course Chief Nonomura too :D (I really love his character, minus the extramarital relationship he has going on with Miyabi-chan... that is just not right)

On a random note, I know some people feel that Toda Erika's acting is over-the-top, but really, I think she executes her roles really well. I don't think it's her acting that's over-the-top, it's the characters that are over-the-top (if you get what I mean). Besides, I love the comedy Toma brings to the series, it sure gives it a tint of light-heartedness despite the mystery and tension that exists throughout the series :)

User avatar
nikid
Posts: 873
Joined: Sep 3rd, '09, 00:56
Contact:

Post by nikid » Jul 11th, '11, 21:24

ailuros wrote:Confirmed SP and Movie!!!

Yay!!

http://www.tokyohive.com/2011/07/toda-e ... a-special/
Really!! Thanks a lot for the info. Can't wait :-)

User avatar
EriKira
Posts: 328
Joined: Aug 10th, '11, 07:10
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia

Post by EriKira » Aug 14th, '11, 16:55

aaaaaaa.
hoping the movie n SP will soon release !! ><anyone><

~kc~
Posts: 2
Joined: Sep 8th, '11, 02:13
Location: Philippines

Post by ~kc~ » Sep 8th, '11, 02:33

[quote="ailuros"]i don't know kanji either but seem her hand writing is terrible, isn't it?


I'm with this theory-:
Ninomae didn't die
Toma didn't have SPEC to stop time.
She can smile during fighting with ninomae because ninomae got poisoned
The one who change bullet direction in the last episode is Ninomae
however, by that time he is not "Ninomae" anymore.
"Ninomae" became "Tsuda", the last Tsuda who we saw disappear at the end of final episode.
that's pretty confusing... lol.. so the one who died at the last episode was the real "Tsuda" and the Tsuda we saw eating at the end of the final episode is "Ninomae"?

ailuros
Posts: 123
Joined: Jan 18th, '11, 10:07

Post by ailuros » Sep 20th, '11, 15:48

~kc~ wrote:
that's pretty confusing... lol.. so the one who died at the last episode was the real "Tsuda" and the Tsuda we saw eating at the end of the final episode is "Ninomae"?


Actually, I first though it more like Chii is kind of "demoted" from Tsuda-position, that will explain why none of SPEC help him at the end. However, it's also possibility that Tsuda killed Tsuda coz there was conversation between two man, both voiced by actor who played Tsuda. (not sure which episode but it about not shame Nakano) 8)

User avatar
totally_0bsessed
Posts: 577
Joined: Apr 25th, '08, 05:52

Post by totally_0bsessed » Sep 21st, '11, 02:45

hmm... I really think that Ninomae is alive at the end...
and the Tsuda we saw at the end helped him fake his death by the help of the other spec holders... so maybe there was some sort of deal between them like "Help me kill Chii!Tsuda and I'll help you save Toma and Sebumi." something like that. XD

Anyway, was it stated that the SP was going to be a prequel or something?
I'm really curious with Ninomae & Toma's first encounter... I mean how the two of them got there in the first place. XD

Also Chiaki Kuriyama was casted in the movie~ As if it can't get any more flawless~ :wub:

ailuros
Posts: 123
Joined: Jan 18th, '11, 10:07

Post by ailuros » Sep 21st, '11, 03:19

totally_0bsessed wrote: Also Chiaki Kuriyama was casted in the movie~ As if it can't get any more flawless~ :wub:
Yes!!! :thumright:
will it be love triangle?.......nahh :mrgreen:

User avatar
totally_0bsessed
Posts: 577
Joined: Apr 25th, '08, 05:52

Post by totally_0bsessed » Sep 21st, '11, 05:10

ailuros wrote:
totally_0bsessed wrote: Also Chiaki Kuriyama was casted in the movie~ As if it can't get any more flawless~ :wub:
Yes!!! :thumright:
will it be love triangle?.......nahh :mrgreen:
lol! we could only wish. XD

User avatar
Uzma
Posts: 41
Joined: Sep 23rd, '11, 09:47
Location: Sheffield

Post by Uzma » Sep 24th, '11, 22:25

Great drama and loved Toda Erika acting in it.

User avatar
anangan
Posts: 47
Joined: May 9th, '11, 09:23

Post by anangan » Oct 4th, '11, 14:48

I'm with this theory~
ailuros wrote:
However, it's also possibility that Tsuda killed Tsuda coz there was conversation between two man, both voiced by actor who played Tsuda. (not sure which episode but it about not shame Nakano) 8)



Thus, I don't think the new Tsuda is Toma or Ninomae. I believe the big boss Tsuda is still alive.


Some production pics from the Spec movie *contains spoiler

http://imgur.com/vHZe7

hachsephrou1
Posts: 3
Joined: Mar 12th, '11, 09:29

Post by hachsephrou1 » Oct 13th, '11, 07:33

Isn't that Go Ayano, Toda's boyfriend, at the end of the issue?

User avatar
totally_0bsessed
Posts: 577
Joined: Apr 25th, '08, 05:52

Post by totally_0bsessed » Oct 13th, '11, 22:31

I read a tweet from the SPEC staff that the trailer could be out by December~ *-*

and yeah... Ayano Gou is Erika's (rumored?) boyfriend. XD

hachsephrou1
Posts: 3
Joined: Mar 12th, '11, 09:29

Post by hachsephrou1 » Nov 2nd, '11, 13:06

excited for the trailer :D thanks btw

User avatar
totally_0bsessed
Posts: 577
Joined: Apr 25th, '08, 05:52

Post by totally_0bsessed » Dec 6th, '11, 04:03

Movie news!!! :DDDD

http://aramatheydidnt.livejournal.com/3113662.html

ITS CONFIRMED!!! HE'S ALIVE! :cheers:

ailuros
Posts: 123
Joined: Jan 18th, '11, 10:07

Post by ailuros » Dec 6th, '11, 06:21

totally_0bsessed wrote:Movie news!!! :DDDD

http://aramatheydidnt.livejournal.com/3113662.html

ITS CONFIRMED!!! HE'S ALIVE! :cheers:

yay!! I love to see him!!!!
:cheers:

thanks for info :D

btw, in poster, Toma have very nice hair :whistling:

User avatar
totally_0bsessed
Posts: 577
Joined: Apr 25th, '08, 05:52

Post by totally_0bsessed » Dec 10th, '11, 04:22


User avatar
anangan
Posts: 47
Joined: May 9th, '11, 09:23

Post by anangan » Dec 26th, '11, 15:58

Just in case nobody post the Official site (with trailers)

http://spec-movie.jp

User avatar
totally_0bsessed
Posts: 577
Joined: Apr 25th, '08, 05:52

Post by totally_0bsessed » Apr 3rd, '12, 05:09

Has anyone seen the SP? It was amazing in my opinion. Thank God TBS stayed away from the We'll-recap-the-whole-series-give-you-new-scenes-at-the-last-few-minutes-of-this-SP route.

I can't wait to see it again with the english subs and I'm even more excited for the movie!

User avatar
lollercopter
Posts: 215
Joined: Sep 13th, '08, 08:33

Post by lollercopter » Apr 8th, '12, 16:23

I'm late to the party and just watched the first episode. I was not impressed.

The human brain uses only 10 % of its capacity, and evolution gives people special powers. The writer really thought these cliches were still acceptable in 2010. They're overused, they're boring, they're stupid. Just say some people have special powers, and leave it at that; nothing of value will be lost, and now your super genius character won't sound like an idiot when she says humans only use 10 % of their brain.

The villain's SPEC was superfluous to the story, because a normal human could have easily gotten away with the same crime. It's like they repurposed a script left over from another crime drama, instead of finding a creative use for the SPEC. Indeed, it's like the show itself is just a repurposed crime drama, as evidenced by its standard formula of a detective having an epiphany, confronting the suspect, and explaining everything. Except Toma's epiphany is based on very little deduction, information gathering, or investigative work. I don't see how she could have deduced that a SPEC was involved, let alone what kind of SPEC. Or does Toma herself have a SPEC that lets her magically solve any crime? If so, it's incredibly boring.

The story is riddled with small problems, oversights, and plot holes, and the characters behave strangely (not Satoshi Miki strange, just "what the hell is wrong with them" strange). Toma is a pretty fun character, but Sebumi is too tightly wound and keeps yelling for no reason.

The humor misses more often than it hits, and is at odds with the darker undertones of the story. The opening scenes have a very sinister feel to them, but the rest is mostly just oddball characters acting zany. Disappointing.

And the end of the episode:
A secret society of people with paranormal powers, who see themselves as superior humans at a higher stage of evolution, and seek to control the world? Yeah, never seen any of that before. There's no sense of mystery because everything is a cliche. This has all been done before a million times.
I'll keep watching, but I don't have high hopes. I am, however, interested in the SP, since it guest stars Mitsuki Tanimura.

User avatar
rootabega
Posts: 396
Joined: Dec 7th, '10, 18:29

Post by rootabega » Apr 8th, '12, 21:55

lollercopter:
If you didn't thrill to Keizoku:SPEC, there's always the original Keizoku. Personally, I prefer the original. Alot of stuff you didn't like about SPEC is absent or toned down in the original series, but it's still a quality suspense dorama.

kirtil
Posts: 168
Joined: Sep 7th, '06, 06:26
Location: Turkey
Turkey

Post by kirtil » Apr 9th, '12, 14:30

Hey lollercopter,

Seeing that you will keep watching, I am very interested in your point of view (actually more interested in if your pov will change or not).

I watched the first and second episode and (thinking like you,) dropped the series thinking I wont watch any more.. After some time I heard about the movie and decided to give it another try.

Towards the end I was pleasantly surprised. I still cant sat that this was a brilliantly made, incredibly good series but it was not as bad as I thought it would be. in fact I had fun trying to decide/decipher some things (saying more would be spoiler...)

User avatar
lollercopter
Posts: 215
Joined: Sep 13th, '08, 08:33

Post by lollercopter » Apr 9th, '12, 20:41

I finished watching the whole thing.

The first half is an ordinary Japanese detective drama with paranormal stuff tacked on as an afterthought, except for the episode with the possession SPEC (which wasn't as exciting as it could have been). Some intriguing moments, but all in all not very interesting.

Things get better when the SPEC of the Week formula is dropped, and the overarching story takes over. However, the story wanders aimlessly from one plot development to another, and keeps introducing characters, factions, conspiracies and twists only to forget about them soon after. And where did that final twist (at the docks) even come from? For a 10 episode drama written by one person, the script is incredibly unfocused, and the writing is very careless and lazy in general.

The drama and comedy don't work together, because they seem like they come from two different shows, and because the transitions between them are arbitrary and jarring. Much of the comedy should have been removed altogether, mainly the idiotic subplot with the chief.

Aside from the cliches I mentioned in my previous post, the basic premise of the show is good, and many individual scenes are good. I particularly like that each SPEC requires some strange ritual or gesture to work (the vuvuzela men are amazingly weird).

I also watched the special.

It's pretty good. Because it's somewhat self-contained, it's more coherent and focused than the second half of the show, and seems to have fewer problems (edit: well, the Nozomi story is self-contained, and occupies most of the running time). The battle near the end has the sort of bizarre humor and surrealism that fits the serious and foreboding parts of the show quite well, and it's too bad the show wasn't like that from the start. I really love Tanimura's performance as Nozomi, and it looks like everyone must have had a lot of fun shooting that scene.

The ovearching story is still boring and confusing. Convoluted yet underdeveloped.
Toma's SPEC was removed because the writer/producers feared she would become too overpowered, which is why the explanation she gives for her decision is so strange and unconvincing. Really, her SPEC would have made for more interesting stories, at least if they imposed some limitations on it.

Nozomi escapes in the end, and I guess that's the last we'll see of her since Tanimura doesn't seem to appear in the movie. Unless they plan on continuing the story after the movie? She could have a cameo or something.

tabstop
Posts: 1
Joined: Sep 26th, '08, 17:07

Post by tabstop » Jan 31st, '13, 14:46

Last edited by tabstop on Mar 2nd, '13, 00:41, edited 1 time in total.

ZoddGuts
Posts: 116
Joined: Apr 12th, '07, 23:59

Post by ZoddGuts » Feb 2nd, '13, 04:59

Yeah, had the same opinion as lollercopter did for this series. It's not bad, very far from it, but don't think it's good either, just okay.

User avatar
Wakashimazu
Posts: 37
Joined: Jun 28th, '06, 19:00
Location: Earth

Post by Wakashimazu » Apr 27th, '13, 17:49

So yesterday I went back and watch all the episodes, SP and movie again.

My mind still can't fathom about all those unexplained things at the end of the movie. :scratch:

Then I found out about these info:

http://asianwiki.com/SPEC_Zero_SP
"SPEC Zero SP" depicts how Saya Toma (Erika Toda) lost her left hand.
http://asianwiki.com/SPEC:_Close~Crisscross_Version
http://asianwiki.com/SPEC:_Close~Progress_Version
Mysteries are revealed like the words "Simple Plan," "Third Secret of Fatima" and also the mysterious white man which are all mentioned in the movie "SPEC: Heaven".
So basically, the writers want to explain whatever they left out from the movie in this new movie/drama ? Which is a good thing btw. :cheers:

Hercule
Posts: 26
Joined: Oct 23rd, '13, 13:25

Post by Hercule » Jan 7th, '14, 00:01

Since there isn't a season 1 discussion i thought this was the best place to post this. Anyone else really disappointed with the fact the quality wasn't consistently.
Sometimes Keizoku was fantastic and sometimes it was really bad/strange.

What was going on with Asakura? i found the plot-twist where Asakura was the police chief quite clever.
But then all of a sudden the writers decided they wanted to continue Keizoku and they recreate Asakura in something else entirely. The saddest part is from the movie where he's a suicidal demon. The movie has a lot more problems. Aya dies for NO reason at all. How she made it to the island alive (only to die) is never mentioned either.
The story line of Nonomura doesn't goes anywhere, the lieutenant is beheaded for (again) no reason at all, Yabe Kenzo's role is so small that it's almost insulting. What was the point of introducing him in the special only to completely neglect him in the movie?

The special has problems as well, the first 110 minutes are fantastic, to bad Asakura completely ruins the last ten minutes.

I hope the quality of season 2 is more consistent.

superdevilgundam
Posts: 80
Joined: May 4th, '08, 08:03

Post by superdevilgundam » Jan 10th, '14, 00:33

Hercule wrote:Since there isn't a season 1 discussion i thought this was the best place to post this. Anyone else really disappointed with the fact the quality wasn't consistently.
Sometimes Keizoku was fantastic and sometimes it was really bad/strange.

What was going on with Asakura? i found the plot-twist where Asakura was the police chief quite clever.
But then all of a sudden the writers decided they wanted to continue Keizoku and they recreate Asakura in something else entirely. The saddest part is from the movie where he's a suicidal demon. The movie has a lot more problems. Aya dies for NO reason at all. How she made it to the island alive (only to die) is never mentioned either.
The story line of Nonomura doesn't goes anywhere, the lieutenant is beheaded for (again) no reason at all, Yabe Kenzo's role is so small that it's almost insulting. What was the point of introducing him in the special only to completely neglect him in the movie?

The special has problems as well, the first 110 minutes are fantastic, to bad Asakura completely ruins the last ten minutes.

I hope the quality of season 2 is more consistent.
same complaints for me as well for keizoku.

i think for me wat asakura does is he is a serial killer that brain washes people and imprints his memories/personalities into them and making them into serial killers that think they are asakura.

also im assuming you havent seen keizoku spec yet? the only thing that connects both series is chief nonomura being in it....tats about it lol. so no we never get a resolution on asakura from the original series.

spec is a totally different show and focuses on beings with superpowers doing crimes and it being solved by a pair of detectives.

its had 2 specials and 3 movies already.

in the most recent prequel special there was another thread conneting the 2 series in that shibata sent a letter to nonomura introducing toda erikes character to nonomura. also its been mentioned that mayama died in the line of duty.... and thats it lol.

masterdrama
Posts: 78
Joined: Jan 11th, '13, 23:57

Post by masterdrama » Jan 10th, '14, 01:12

Hi, I was wondering if anybody has done the subs for the Director's Cut of SPEC - SHOU which is about half an hour longer than the standard version. If not, does anybody out there would be intersed to do it. I would really appreciate. It is really a great drama with the serie Keizoku and Spec - Ten. Really excellent drama/movie. I hope somebody will do it. However, if the subs have been done for the director's cut I would like to know where to find them. Thanks alot

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest