[Discussion] Utsukushii Rinjin (Nakama Yukie, Watabe Atsuro)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Sorvaseven

[Discussion] Utsukushii Rinjin (Nakama Yukie, Watabe Atsuro)

Post by Sorvaseven » Nov 21st, '10, 11:42

Utsukushii Rinjin

Nakama Yukie and Watabe Atsuro

Info taken from Fuji TV

A sudden encounter between a gracefully attractive but mysterious woman, Saki (Nakama Yukie), and an ordinary housewife, Eriko (Dan Rei), who has a happy family, causes Eriko’s serene daily life to fall apart. Eriko’s husband, Shinji (Watabe Atsuro) becomes the target of Saki’s advances and finds himself caught between her and his wife. --jdramas

Supporting cast includes Mitsuko Kusabue, Rieko Miura, Noboru Takachi, Sawa Suzuki, Eiji Moriyama, Keisuke Minami, Masahiro Kobayashi, Isao Takeno, Mina Fujii, Haru Aoyama, Ippei Soda.

* Title (romaji): Utsukushii Rinjin
* Genre: Suspense
* Format: Renzoku
* Broadcast network: Fuji TV
* Broadcast period: 2011-Jan
* Air time: Tuesday 22:00

Official Site
Fuji TV

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Jan 6th, '11, 01:12

This is the #1 drama I'm looking forward to in this season. Hopefully, episode 01 will be good & the final episode as well, not like Guilty....

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jan 6th, '11, 02:54

This is 2nd on my to watch list ^^ first is Fuyu no sakura.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Jan 6th, '11, 15:43

MisS Lonliah wrote:This is the #1 drama I'm looking forward to in this season. Hopefully, episode 01 will be good & the final episode as well, not like Guilty....
Lol. I'm kinda interested in this... kinda. I don't like characters like that... "Yeah they're married but I'm gonna eff their lives up anyway and still get with him!" So that's kinda why I don't like certain shows because of the character types... lol I'm so sensitive

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 6th, '11, 16:40

will be watching this one. hope it would a nice one and won't disappoint.

shioki

Post by shioki » Jan 7th, '11, 03:03

I'm looking forward to this show. Just watched the trailer on the official site...and somehow...I'm getting that Sadako/Meiko-vibes from Nakama.

kaheiyeh

Post by kaheiyeh » Jan 7th, '11, 03:21

shioki wrote:I'm looking forward to this show. Just watched the trailer on the official site...and somehow...I'm getting that Sadako/Meiko-vibes from Nakama.
I'm definitely getting those vibes too.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jan 13th, '11, 12:26

Ep01was pretty good!!

Nakama kowaiiii~~ kowai, kowai XD
Usually, other than Yankumi & Trick, Nakama's acting is boring to watch. But not this one, totally not the comedic role, and I think Nakama really nailed this evil woman role.

Not to mention, the sight of her straight, long, black hair from behind (accompanied by eerie music), reminds me alot of Sadako, and made the atmosphere feel scarier XD

I love the last scene, she seem so mad.

There was a rumor that there will be a hot bed scene between Nakama and Watabe Atsuro, I wonder if it's true. :roll

shioki

Post by shioki » Jan 14th, '11, 11:13

True. Nakama's drama are usually bad to watch other then trick and yankumi, but I also loved her non-kind role in mr brain. Nakama is simply a sadako here...so scary, but that's why I liked her here.

There was a SP that aired before ep1. Did anyone watch that? I heard it contained lots of spoilers...so I didn't dare to watch.

If that bed scene is true, that might be Nakama's first bed scene (among her dramas I've seen) :O

emma-ba

Post by emma-ba » Jan 14th, '11, 15:30

I really liked the first episode!
But would you really let a woman you've only just met look after your child? That bit just seemed very odd to me...

Sakuya

Post by Sakuya » Jan 15th, '11, 07:01

Can't wait to watch this! I hope someone decides to sub this in English.

totemokakkoii

Post by totemokakkoii » Jan 16th, '11, 02:31

among the dramas this season, this surprisingly capture my attention the most while watching.
nakama yukie is doing a great job here.
i cant wait for the next episode.

Romance

Post by Romance » Jan 18th, '11, 11:44

The first ep was really really good and interesting, im so excited for next one =)

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jan 18th, '11, 13:15

just watched first epi
Nakama Yukie's character, Saki really creeps me up. She has that kind of haunting aura that sends chills down my spine. But poor housewife doesn't know what's coming to her. A bit too trusting and innocent she is. And I agree that normally you won't leave your only treasured child alone with a stranger (even if it's new neighbour).

though the first episode wasn't that interesting to me, I'm giving it the benefit of doubt since it's still introduction. I am however, very curious of Saki's tactics...so I'll continue for now. At first I thought she had some sort of mental disorder like her character in Mr.Brain, or something happened to her past family that made her envy the family. Finally from the preview, the revelation makes sense. :D

Romance

Post by Romance » Jan 18th, '11, 13:41

Isnt nakama yukie's character the mother of the dead child in the beginning? 8)

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jan 18th, '11, 19:56

I thought so too, but when think again, it'd be too obvious, it'd be 'revenge' story again. Could be that the housewife's kid (and people in the neighborhood) had sthing to do with her kid's death, but idk.

emma-ba

Post by emma-ba » Jan 18th, '11, 20:01

Regarding Saki
Although I agree it seems almost too obvious, I think it would make sense if she was the mother of the child as it would explain why she's so interested in Shun. Like she wants to replace her lost child with him because he's a similar age. So she's trying to get with the father so she can take Eriko's place and have her own ready-made family.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jan 19th, '11, 00:52

emma-ba wrote:Regarding Saki
Although I agree it seems almost too obvious, I think it would make sense if she was the mother of the child as it would explain why she's so interested in Shun. Like she wants to replace her lost child with him because he's a similar age. So she's trying to get with the father so she can take Eriko's place and have her own ready-made family.
I agree, she's trying to get her own family as well. I wonder about her foreign husband though, whether it's made-up or real. Most probably lied about it though. but I hope it's more than just trying to snatch away the neighbour's family just coz she lost her child.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Jan 19th, '11, 02:08

Finally was able to see it now that I'm home ^_^
Well, watched it with subs and the preview for the next show did mention about her being the possible mother of the child who drowned... I was thinking that as soon as she held Shun's hand. I just wonder why was her child out there (if that is her kid) in the first place during the time he drowned... so just that fact alone, I think there's a whole lot more that will be reveled toward the end. I wonder if those neighbors who moved away will play a major role toward the end of the series... (could be responsible for the boy's death...)
Some are saying that this might turn into a typical revenge... but I don't think it will be too typical... I think the color red in this is very symbolic too.... I dunno it stands out for me (red dress... red drink.... red flowers in the opening)

I think the camera work is very well done... it gives it more of the eerie, not-so-right feeling that we're suppose to feel... so much tension but it's not in your face, but you can feel it ^_^

shioki

Post by shioki » Jan 19th, '11, 14:13

Nakama is getting more sadako.
Esp with that creepy beckoning at the end of ep2. Saki's house must be haunted by sadako lol. If I'm Eriko, I would never ever walk towards that haunted house.

I also think Saki might really be the mother of the drowned boy mother. Her reaction when they were talking about the boy is really hinting at that. At the pond flower-offering scene, I was thinking "that must be Saki, come on turn around" and then, when she turned, I was :O who's that
I love the mild horror here, but just don't get anymore sadako-ish...I still wanna sleep at night.

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jan 19th, '11, 20:20

^ That scene was so creepy! omg
I kind of expected the revelation though, cause I think they know the audience is guessing the identity of Saki, like if she's there for revenge or sthing else. By showing the real mother evokes more possibilities now. I think perhaps Saki was behind the death of the boy, maybe she manipulated that family before Eriko's family, in the same way.

emma-ba

Post by emma-ba » Jan 20th, '11, 13:09

Nomanymore wrote:^ That scene was so creepy! omg
I kind of expected the revelation though, cause I think they know the audience is guessing the identity of Saki, like if she's there for revenge or sthing else. By showing the real mother evokes more possibilities now. I think perhaps Saki was behind the death of the boy, maybe she manipulated that family before Eriko's family, in the same way.
I agree, maybe Rio saw her with the boy on the day he drowned and so that's why he thinks she's the mother? She must be involved in the death somehow.

nikid

Post by nikid » Jan 23rd, '11, 16:24

to tell you the truth, i wasnt looking forward to see this drama, dunno why though, 'cause now i'm loving it :P but since Nakama Yukie was in it, I decide to give it a chance, and im happy i did it^^
emma-ba wrote:But would you really let a woman you've only just met look after your child? That bit just seemed very odd to me..
yeah, i didnt understand that too. maybe Eriko is simple too good,naive to let someone she just met to look after his son, but....
shioki wrote:I also think Saki might really be the mother of the drowned boy mother. Her reaction when they were talking about the boy is really hinting at that. At the pond flower-offering scene, I was thinking "that must be Saki, come on turn around" and then, when she turned, I was :O who's that
yeah, i thought that too....all the time eriko was talking with the boy's father, they showing the mother's back, long hair like saki...was really thinking turn around saki and then was like "WTF, who are you?!" :lol

there's something there that we cant still figure it out. like her and Rio's reaction everytime someone mention the drowned boy. there's something hidden there.
first i, and im sure most of us too :P thought that Saki was the drowned boy's mother, even if they showed that to us in ep2, like its too soon, so probably she's isnt the mother, i thought, but still i was also thinking that she's the mother of the dead child, otherwise i dont have any explanation for what she's doing/will do.
but in ep2 we could see his parents, now we have to think about something else.
i have an impression that will be something we havent think of :P

the last scene of ep2 was really strange and creeped me out :O now i'm looking forward to see next episodes

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Jan 23rd, '11, 17:00

^
maybe she had a child and something happened to her/him. (she always has this expression when she's with a child) I think there's more to the drowned child case... how did it happen? I think it's gonna be very important for the plot. I seriously thought before reading the plot, that Yukie was gonna like... be in love with the wife (going by the promo picture) because I always bet this vibe from Yukie's character that she wanna get with her lol. There is something mysterious about Rio too... because he just kinda appeared outta nowhere to them... (I dunno what his age is suppose to be in this show... Is he a highschool student or a young adult living alone? Just that I kinda doubt he's living alone because I wouldn't think that'll be a place for a young man to live if alone (unless something happened that made him end up there) I still think there's more to those couple who moved.... and I wonder if the secretary is gonna be rivaling against Yukie....

Romance

Post by Romance » Jan 26th, '11, 05:02

Third ep dropped with 5,2%, what happened? :blink

「美しい隣人ep3」9.8%(-5.2)

nikid

Post by nikid » Jan 26th, '11, 10:13

Romance wrote:Third ep dropped with 5,2%, what happened? :blink

「美しい隣人ep3」9.8%(-5.2)
really? :blink what happened for dropping that much?!

emma-ba

Post by emma-ba » Jan 26th, '11, 10:18

It was probably the AFC Asian Cup. Last night was the semi-finals: Japan vs Korea. Japan won on penalties.

nikid

Post by nikid » Jan 26th, '11, 10:36

oh, thnks....i hope that was wht happend and next week will have higher rating again^^

Romance

Post by Romance » Jan 29th, '11, 08:23

Third ep was great aswell, one of the best dramas this season :D

emma-ba

Post by emma-ba » Jan 29th, '11, 16:00

Episode 3 was really good! I think most shocking part was the preview for episode 4 though!
Saki is really starting to get to Shinji now. But he's also going to go to the bar with that young assistant... Maybe all three of them will meet? I can't imagine what Saki would do if they did. Would she be jealous or would she just be pleased that Shinji is going off the rails?

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Jan 29th, '11, 18:54

Wow... finished eppy 3 and... wow... I love that turn of events! They definitely did a detour on us lol
Because it was obvious Saki did have a child, or at least had some type of relationship with one since eppy 1. At the beginning of eppy 3 I thought maybe Shun was adopted and that was secretly her child... And then she got really hysterical when she found out about that couple... and that's when I was lost completely. But then when that flashback happened... I was a bit skeptical if her husband was American after that flashback.. but also thought maybe she had him previously before her marriage.... but yeah. That ending really made the story juicy lol

emma-ba

Post by emma-ba » Feb 3rd, '11, 15:10

I really really love this drama. As more about Saki is revealed I find it harder to know what I think of her and whether her actions are justified or not. Can't wait for the next episode!

shioki

Post by shioki » Feb 6th, '11, 15:00

Saki got pretty agitated in ep4.
I guess saki is really the mother of the dead boy. They dropped quite a number of hints in the previous eps too.

Maybe that dead boy father already had an affair even before the boy drowned. That's probably why she told Eriko about all the affair thing. But I still wonder why her target is Eriko.

And about the photograph Rio took for Saki and the boy...it looked like it was taken near the tree that Shun climbed though. And Rio seems to love that spot too.
The drama tagline is so true, and applies to me too :P (in dramas only though. I wouldn't enjoy that in RL).

emma-ba

Post by emma-ba » Feb 6th, '11, 17:16

About episode 4
I wonder if Saki's son died due to negligence on the father's part maybe? Maybe that's why he just seems to sit back and take what she says.

Do you think Saki has a definite plan in mind or is she just slowly being driven mad by the loss of her son?

nikid

Post by nikid » Feb 7th, '11, 18:10

I was wondering, do you guys know what is the song that usually plays when Saki is with Shinji? i really love that song

emma-ba

Post by emma-ba » Feb 7th, '11, 18:12

I've been wondering that too! I haven't been able to find out though. Going to have to wait til they announce the soundtrack I think.

nikid

Post by nikid » Feb 7th, '11, 22:35

Thanks. I cant find it either, maybe 'cause the OST isnt available yet, but i think i know the music, i mean, i've always thought i knew that voice, and then i searched the songs i have on my pc and found what i was looking for.
since i read that the soundtrack will be from Yoshihiro Ike, I'm now more certain about that song, is Sasja Antheunis who sings it. she often sings some songs he made
well, we'll have to wait for the soundtrack then :P

emma-ba

Post by emma-ba » Feb 7th, '11, 22:38

Wow good detective skills!

emma-ba

Post by emma-ba » Feb 13th, '11, 14:36

Episode 5: About the phone call Eriko received...
It was from Mashita not Saki wasn't it? I assumed it was Saki but then she looked really shocked when she heard about it, and in the scene after the phone call you saw Mashita in the office closing her phone and then she stared straight at Shinji. Hm.... Maybe it's going to be a love square?

Romance

Post by Romance » Feb 13th, '11, 16:58

emma-ba wrote:Episode 5: About the phone call Eriko received...
It was from Mashita not Saki wasn't it? I assumed it was Saki but then she looked really shocked when she heard about it, and in the scene after the phone call you saw Mashita in the office closing her phone and then she stared straight at Shinji. Hm.... Maybe it's going to be a love square?
It was her, she got pissed off after being ignored by Shinji at the bar 8)

nikid

Post by nikid » Feb 13th, '11, 17:42

yeah, first i thought was from Saki, but that voice doesnt sound like hers so i was a little confused....then when Mashita appeared i was like relieved :P

cant wait for the next ep, though...the preview was awesome 8)

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Feb 15th, '11, 19:53

Romance wrote:
emma-ba wrote:Episode 5: About the phone call Eriko received...
It was her, she got pissed off after being ignored by Shinji at the bar 8)
I dunno why she can't date someone her own age >_> What's even special about this guy?

I think I might kinda know Saki's motive.
I think she's very devistated of course by her son's death.... and the fact that someone's son was missing the same day too. Because Eriko's son did not die she is probably jealous of the fact it was her son instead, not Eriko's. And she probably hated her currently situation like her husband cheating on her.... and probably trying to take over her own family... she that could be why she's going after Eriko so someone else can feel the same thing she went through. And Eriko is the perfect person to do it to... not like she necessarily hates her I think... but hates what happened that day and in the back fo her mind wishes "Why could it been her son who died!?" because Eriko was very relieved that it was not her son. People harbor secret guilty emotions.... that's just my speculation anyway lol

emma-ba

Post by emma-ba » Feb 15th, '11, 20:01

«minah» wrote:
I dunno why she can't date someone her own age >_> What's even special about this guy?
Mashita is probably after him because he's her boss, and she mentioned she enjoys the chase so he's the ideal guy for her to go after.
I agree about Saki's motives, it was easy to see I think from the way the scene cut from Eriko running looking for Shun to Saki running looking for Hayate. The things they did a year ago were so similar. They both even thought that boy in the playground in the blue and orange top was their son. I'm glad we finally got to see the other side to that day.

shioki

Post by shioki » Feb 18th, '11, 14:28

I don't really get what that female employee is doing, but if she's the "Die" caller, then Saki just gained another 'helper'!

And I think Saki probably wanted Eriko to experience the same thing she did. The husband having an affair, and the missing son...
I don't really understand even after ep 6, but I think Saki is crazy and simply wants to inflict suffering on another person (just like the tagline said). She must be addicted to that :O

emma-ba

Post by emma-ba » Feb 18th, '11, 14:33

^
After the flashback to Saki going mental at her husband I think she must be unable to deal with the guilt of Hayato's drowning. So maybe to cope with it she's trying to blame Eriko instead. I.e. She believes Shun should have died instead of Hayato.

shioki

Post by shioki » Feb 18th, '11, 15:34

^
I wouldn't say Saki blames Eriko for the death. I think it's more of jealous/hatred because her son died instead of others.

Also, Hayato never smiled much in the photos. Maybe the family wasn't as happy as Eriko's was...with the father having a fling outside, and maybe the mother aka Saki's relationship with Hayato wasn't so good (unlike Saki + Shun). Hey, that might explain her jealousy towards Eriko.

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Feb 18th, '11, 19:50

so far so good I'm not going to say much else except whenever I see Yukie's character a quote from Shakespear's Macbeth, I think, comes to mind, "By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes"

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Feb 19th, '11, 13:49

Wow, it gets better and better! And I really can't wait to watch Ep6! The preview, omg!
The pacing of the story is very good, not draggy at all. This drama is unexpectedly very enjoyable for me.

This must be the most fitting role for Nakama Yukie next to Yamada Naoko and Yankumi! :cheers:

Is it a sin if I enjoy watching Saki make Eriko suffered? :fear: Lol, maybe just bcoz I don't like Eriko's character much, and that I'm a fan of Nakama XD
I don't think Saki's motive is just to make Eriko going through the same thing as hers, because it's too obvious. Or maybe, I just wish there's something more as her motive :unsure: She wants to have Eriko's life, that's for sure. I enjoy all the scenes where Saki tried to steal attention from people around Eriko (the in-laws, Shun)
This drama reminds me of Matsu Takako's KOKUHAKU.
Same mentally-ill mother who just lost their child and trying to take revenge. Although Kokuhaku is alot more sadistic XD

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Feb 19th, '11, 16:52

yanie wrote:
I don't think Saki's motive is just to make Eriko going through the same thing as hers, because it's too obvious. Or maybe, I just wish there's something more as her motive :unsure: She wants to have Eriko's life, that's for sure. I enjoy all the scenes where Saki tried to steal attention from people around Eriko (the in-laws, Shun)
Well it could be because that's what her husband's lover was probably doing... she could have unconsciously (or consciously) stole the people from Saki's life and could be out to do it to Eriko. But I do agree there could be more because she must have did research on Eriko's family. But for her to use Eriko's name to the real Eriko's husband... I do think she just wants to ruin the family... make the husband for feeling guilty & bad for cheating on his wife.

But aw... you don't like Eriko >< I mean she tries to be miss good two shoes but she still tries to not displease people so I feel bad because she's probably wondering "what have I really done for people to turn on me...?" because she acts too perfect maybe? Well... that's sad ;_; But I don't like Eriko's friend that much because she was just being flat-out childish... "Oh I knew she talked about my divorce... well missy I'm going to ignore you and make you wonder why because you should know even if you're playing the innocent act HMPH!" That's also have unnecessary/stretched out fights, misunderstandings happen... Just ask her upfront instead of all of a sudden ignore... but she was also being jealous because Eriko wasn't relying on her that much and well... that's her childish mentality.

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Feb 20th, '11, 03:42

Yukie's character is seriously unhinged and if they want to she could be made into an extremely dangerous character motive or not, frankly discussing motive at this point is useless as considering how crazy she is she might not have a motive

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Feb 20th, '11, 07:34

I think there is though.
Of course we see how Saki is after the death of her.... but we only saw a small glimpse of her before he died. So was she really this crazy? Actually I wouldn't label her crazy just yet though because she's not just randomly doing things... but I would say... emotionally unstable. Because how her life was before the death of her son could really be how Eriko's life was... so unless she was already 'crazy' before she had her son I think there is a motive behind what she's doing. I really think her main motive is behind the cause of the accident.. because no one knows as of yet how he actually drown. The pond he drown at was the same pond Eriko and the firefly committee go to... So I have a feeling that's really important. Who was around? How did he even get out there? (because I'm not really sure where Saki lived at before... especially if only Rio has seen her pre-incident but no one encountered her in like a store or something)
It's such a good mystery... I hope they don't ruin it like Guilty toward the end >< Or even Shiroi Hachi..... (that ending... it really REALLY killed the whole drama....)

emma-ba

Post by emma-ba » Feb 20th, '11, 10:31

I agree with Minah
Saki's plan is far too carefully executed to just be random craziness. For such careful planning she must have an ultimate goal and therefore a motive.

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Feb 23rd, '11, 06:01

I actually have a theory to support calling Saki crazy, even though all the pieces don't completely fit yet I haven't seen anything to make me think I'm wrong either.
my theory revolves around Rio, he seems afraid of Saki or at least believes that she will follow through on her threats towards him. I don't know about you but to be afraid of someone they have to either be physically imposing, which Yukie Nakama is not, or I need some evidence that the person will follow through on threats. I think that Saki's husbands affair began a long time before her sons death and that it wasn't his first at some point she snapped and decided enough is enough and ran away with her son. Eventually they arrived at Tokyo and that pond and I think that either her son said something that pissed her off and she drowned her son herself, or she was trying to commit double suicide and failed to die, either way I think Rio saw it happen. Now that I think about it I do think she has a motive but other than wanting Eriko's son I'm not sure what.

emma-ba

Post by emma-ba » Feb 24th, '11, 22:25

Episode 7! Best episode EVER! I was so happy at the end. Things are starting to move!

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Feb 25th, '11, 06:15

Sajen16 wrote:I actually have a theory to support calling Saki crazy, even though all the pieces don't completely fit yet I haven't seen anything to make me think I'm wrong either.
my theory revolves around Rio, he seems afraid of Saki or at least believes that she will follow through on her threats towards him. I don't know about you but to be afraid of someone they have to either be physically imposing, which Yukie Nakama is not, or I need some evidence that the person will follow through on threats. I think that Saki's husbands affair began a long time before her sons death and that it wasn't his first at some point she snapped and decided enough is enough and ran away with her son. Eventually they arrived at Tokyo and that pond and I think that either her son said something that pissed her off and she drowned her son herself, or she was trying to commit double suicide and failed to die, either way I think Rio saw it happen. Now that I think about it I do think she has a motive but other than wanting Eriko's son I'm not sure what.
The only thing with that is Saki was trying to search for him... But I do think Rio will have a bigger role in this though.
After reading the below above comment I really wanna see 7 but I am not home at the moment ;_;

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Mar 1st, '11, 08:35

This drama will only be 10 episodes... ;_; Final ep is March 15th.

Yagami Light

Post by Yagami Light » Mar 1st, '11, 10:28

is anyone interested in downloading it hardsubbed and possibly ipod format?

nikid

Post by nikid » Mar 1st, '11, 10:40

yanie wrote:This drama will only be 10 episodes... ;_; Final ep is March 15th.
only 10episodes?! :-( i want more Saki :P well, thanks for the info :-)

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Mar 1st, '11, 15:16

Why most jdramas these days settle down to 10eps :( true it may be the low ratings, but still.. it's a pity. oops, sorry for being off topic.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Mar 1st, '11, 20:02

Well I have to admit the episode 7 wasn't much of a development...
just revealed what she was cheating on Eriko's husband
So actually 10 episodes might just be enough for this particular series... because it will drag on too much. Now depending on how it ends... I wonder if they'll make a SP?

emma-ba

Post by emma-ba » Mar 1st, '11, 20:07

I think episode 7 has set things up nicely for the final few episodes.
Now both Shinji and Eriko know what happened and Saki's husband has some idea of what she's doing as well. Shinji's mother knows Shinji did something bad. Still waiting for Rio to do something though...

Yagami Light

Post by Yagami Light » Mar 1st, '11, 23:28

I just hope it doesn't end up with a stupid ending, seeing the ending of episode 8 last night of
Saki saying she is the boys real mum and him believing it? getting a bit ridiculous...

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Mar 2nd, '11, 02:26

I think I see where this is going and if I'm right I'm going to be seriously disappointed

shioki

Post by shioki » Mar 2nd, '11, 13:49

I was watching ep8 just now, and I saw some similarity btw Saki and
a stalker! She specialises in stalking Shun, and even thinks that Shun is hers. Just like a pervert who stalks a pretty woman and thinks that she's him.

Shun is probably confused by Saki's word. If I was Shun, I would be confused too. But, why is she being so evil towards Eriko...
2 more eps to go. I wonder how is it gonna end...but I vote for a non-'Guilty'-style ending!
btw the OST is out today. and it contain that english song, called firefly! preview it here. I wish there's the full ver somewhere...45s is toooo short.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Mar 2nd, '11, 15:24

I do have to admit I didn't like how the other girl was kinda... kicked aside lol So I hope she brings something (even though I don't like her) toward the ending of this series

emma-ba

Post by emma-ba » Mar 4th, '11, 13:52

Finally got to watch episode 8!
I feel sorry for Shun, he must be so confused. His mum starts acting weird, takes him away to Nagano and suddenly up pops 'fairy godmother' Saki.

And that woman at the clinic "I'll look after him!" and then immediately turns her back on him 2 seconds later...Irresponsible or what?

I'm looking forward to some mental Saki in the last episodes though. Poor Shinji seemed so scared when she was talking to him in his house.

Keefer

Post by Keefer » Mar 8th, '11, 06:23

shioki wrote:btw the OST is out today. and it contain that english song, called firefly! preview it here. I wish there's the full ver somewhere...45s is toooo short.
someone uploaded the whole OST to youtube :

I can't find any DDL/torrent though. :|

thientinh

Post by thientinh » Mar 8th, '11, 16:05

Wow, this song is amazing :thumleft: . Thanks for posting the link. Unfortunately my english is not good enough to catch all the lyrics, only some line. And this is my favorite line:
"When the moon became too bright and demon come dancing around your bed, I’ll come to you silently as you won’t hear me, blew my breath upon your neck."
And at the end of the song is truly match with Saki's feeling (in my opinion) I’ll drift the strength from your heart ….. all for the love of a boy

Btw, there is anyone know what kind of the red flower they used for the poster and at beginning each episode. I love that flower :wub: . Do we have that flower in the real life or it's just made from computer? what it's name?

P/s: Pls pardon if i'm wrong about the lyrics.

emma-ba

Post by emma-ba » Mar 8th, '11, 16:14

thientinh wrote:Btw, there is anyone know what kind of the red flower they used for the poster and at beginning each episode. I love that flower :wub: . Do we have that flower in the real life or it's just made from computer? what it's name?.
I might be wrong but I think I read somewhere that it's a red spider lily.

I hear the lyrics as "I'll rip the strength from your heart".

nikid

Post by nikid » Mar 8th, '11, 16:53

Keefer wrote:
shioki wrote:btw the OST is out today. and it contain that english song, called firefly! preview it here. I wish there's the full ver somewhere...45s is toooo short.
someone uploaded the whole OST to youtube :

I can't find any DDL/torrent though. :|
nice, thanks for the finding Keefer :thumright: now i can hear the songs everytime i want^^

yup, the flower its red spider lily ---> http://www.google.com/images?q=red+spid ... 66&bih=677 xD

Keefer

Post by Keefer » Mar 9th, '11, 04:41

thientinh wrote:Wow, this song is amazing :thumleft: . Thanks for posting the link. Unfortunately my english is not good enough to catch all the lyrics, only some line. And this is my favorite line:
"When the moon became too bright and demon come dancing around your bed, I’ll come to you silently as you won’t hear me, blew my breath upon your neck."
And at the end of the song is truly match with Saki's feeling (in my opinion) I’ll drift the strength from your heart ….. all for the love of a boy
I hear the lyrics as :

When the moon begins to cry and demons come dance around your bed, I'll come for you silently as you won't hear me, feel my breath upon your neck.

and

I'll rip the strings to your heart... all for the love of a boy.

my listening skills suck. though :P

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Mar 9th, '11, 21:00

Honestly the only part I ever heard of the song was "I'll rip the strings to your heart" (I knew it was in English I just.... never paid much attention to it... just only the kinda last part)

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Mar 10th, '11, 07:06

Ok... I just finished 8... and all I know is i'm going to start seriously disliking some characters. Eppy 8 was the worst episode for me (morally)
Ok I'm sorry but everyone was just too calm about this. I'm not sure if this is suppose to be the "adult mature" way to handle this but... if was married... and my brother encounted my husband just after finding out he cheated on me.... that little scene in this show would NOT have happened. No "Oh yeah, she's in the next room..." "Oh he drove all the way down here to pick you up.. why you'd let him leave? If you divorced him you'll be in a difficult situation." (I bet her brother is cheating on his wife... that's why he can have that kinda attitude... my brother would have punched my husband in the face honestly... how could you be cool and think it's ok that your sister... has been cheated on...?) But no one is seeing it as a big deal. That's what bothers me the most. "Oh Shinji could be cheating... but how dare Eriko just runs off like that! And think it's fair to take Shun away like that!" Omg gimme a break. Your nasty horny son is cheating and Eriko is in the wrong by getting away from her home (because she does NOT want to be near the person who slept with her husband... who they don't know is Saki) But it all bothered me. And Eriko's "best friend." She got mad because she THOUGHT Eriko was talking about her divorce... but here she is actually believing what Saki is saying and talking about the possibility of Eriko abusing her son. Maybe it shows how much people really liked Eriko... and all she did was try to be nice & do her best around the people she knows... And Shinji... what scum... that worthless apology but he tried to come up with a thousand-one excuses of him NOT cheating... and when Saki was in the house... I was gonna be really upset if he didn't realized she was kinda psycho (a carefully planning cunning psycho I may add) But still... I mean... how would you let someone talk about your wife like that...?

Just sad no one is seeing the cheating as a big deal... because it happens all the time it shouldn't be considered important... rape happens all the time and um.. it's still a big deal! Everyone is treating this lightly... and not only that, don't give a crap about what Eriko is saying about Saki "Oh now why would Saki go through all the troubles to do that?" Morally this episode pissed me off because of how they made these characters... And I don't like the way they treat their kids in this.... they treated a bit too.... I don't wanna say equally... but.... maybe treat them older than what they are? Too considerate and passive toward them. When Eriko was about to tell Shun about Saki.... and she said "Oh oh never mind..." that would have not gone down with me and my mom lol. Mom would say "You better not hang around that woman." "Why mommy?" "Because I told you to and if you do I'm beating your behind! (yeah I know strict the law is that parent's aren't really suppose to hit children but...)" But that would be a similar scenario if that was me. I dunno if it's a culture difference (and I don't wanna say that because I know not all Japanese parents treat their kids the same way they do on here...) but it really bothered me. Now I bet in episode nine when she finds Shun, he won't go to Eriko... again.... in my case it would be "Um you better bring your butt over here!" and she would actually pull me away not caring if I'm crying (because she's doing her job... not trying to worry about the attention she may bring and the 10 minutes of pain I may feel and forget about it later)

Yeah long post but... grrrr.... they really frustrated me in this episode...

emma-ba

Post by emma-ba » Mar 10th, '11, 09:49

Episode 8 thoughts
I think regarding Minah's point about everyone acting so calm about it is that maybe that's just the atmosphere that Eriko was brought up in.

Her family don't seem to be angry that Shinji is having an affair. Does her mother even know? We've not seen her and Eriko taling about it at all. The main discussion was with her brother. Maybe this suggests Eriko was brought up in a male-dominated/old-fashioned household so that's why her brother feels the affair is not really a big deal. Then again he has a bit of a useless wife, that is all we've seen her do is lose Shun almost immediately when she was supposed to be looking after him.

Or perhaps her brother is just not particularly emotional and is very pragmatic. Life probably would be a lot easier for Eriko if she can put the affair behind her and stay with Shinji rather than getting a divorce.

I think everyone in this drama has slight personality flaws which Saki has exploited to manipulate them all. Eriko is too trusting and slightly naive, Mayumi is gossipy and easily hurt, Shinji was swayed by the promise of a woman the complete opposite to Eriko. Only Kana seems to be the sensible but unfortunately she's in Osaka...

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Mar 10th, '11, 15:35

emma-ba wrote:Episode 8 thoughts
I think regarding Minah's point about everyone acting so calm about it is that maybe that's just the atmosphere that Eriko was brought up in.

Her family don't seem to be angry that Shinji is having an affair. Does her mother even know? We've not seen her and Eriko taling about it at all. The main discussion was with her brother. Maybe this suggests Eriko was brought up in a male-dominated/old-fashioned household so that's why her brother feels the affair is not really a big deal. Then again he has a bit of a useless wife, that is all we've seen her do is lose Shun almost immediately when she was supposed to be looking after him.

Or perhaps her brother is just not particularly emotional and is very pragmatic. Life probably would be a lot easier for Eriko if she can put the affair behind her and stay with Shinji rather than getting a divorce.

I think everyone in this drama has slight personality flaws which Saki has exploited to manipulate them all. Eriko is too trusting and slightly naive, Mayumi is gossipy and easily hurt, Shinji was swayed by the promise of a woman the complete opposite to Eriko. Only Kana seems to be the sensible but unfortunately she's in Osaka...
Yeah that really does make sense. But it was still frustrating to watch though (because it really does go against my own morals) I was also trying to take in consideration of their age and the time period they were raised (and culture too)

But if Eriko did divorce, couldn't she demand compensation? (I'm not too familiar with Japanese laws but I've seen this happen in other dramas...) but even that may take some time and I know in Japan when a couple is divorced & a child is involved, there is no joined custody so that'll be another story in itself. I just hate it when couples have to... just ignore the cheating (this is aiming more so to Japan especially since it's mainly the husband that brings in the income. But I know there are still a handful of families that couples work) A similar situation happened in my family so I know it's painful (and in my family 8 kids were involved so... what and where could she go with 8 kids?) Because obviously Eriko definitely can't return to her hometown... her brother seemed bothered with her there and she hasn't seen them in years (probably considered her an inconvenience)

But you brought up a good point about Saki. Her presence in this show did exploit this so-called peaceful little circle of people.

But the way this drama is going... I dunno if Eriko really would stay with Shinji.. Eppy 9 previous looked intense and Shinji seem to have.... got more seduced or something.