[Discuss.] Taisetsu na Koto wa Subete Kimi ga Oshiete Kureta

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
susamirain

Post by susamirain » Mar 31st, '11, 13:24

haruma_obsessed wrote:@manlekim
Oh yeah, there was a BUNCH of Natsumi bashing and (what I believe were) unrealistic scenarios earlier, so I felt Natsumi needed some help.
Momosodapop wrote:
manlekim wrote:
I don't see many people bashing Natsumi
Oh really lol Have you carefully read a few pages back?
I think someone really enjoyed bashing Natsumi with some self-created fantasized reasons to the point that others who are not even Natsumi bias came out and defended her.
Hating her is not wrong because everyone is entitled to their opinion but some reasons is a bit... :blink

But I do agree that there isn't much room for Natsumi to develop as a character as much as Shuji and Hikari.
She is so mature compared to the other two and already "completed" in a way. Anyway, I think we still need this kind of character in the whole train wrack plot like this.
Or else it would be a total disaster :\

Haven't seen the final episode yet. Only heard from others that it is quite a good finish for this drama.
I'm gonna wait for TLS team.
I think the reason people are saying she didn't have much room to develop is because she wasn't open with the characters in the drama about it. If you paid attention to her inner turmoil, she actually changed quite a bit. At first, she had a fantasy about the perfect relationship, and then, upon realizing that she was disillusioned, she because hopelessly clingy. Eventually, she learned that, while she would love Shuji to be by her side, she can't force him, because that is what she's been doing all along and what's been stunting his growth.

Personally, the only thing I don't like is that people really do give Saeki too much credit. It's like they simply ignore what Shuji's learned from Natsumi or what Natsumi and Saeki have learned from Shuji. It's like Saeki's made out to be the "true saint" of this thing just because of her growth. As human beings we're meant to grow, but how we do so depends on who we learn from. So, Saeki would still be a hateful little girl if not for Shuji. I understand the whole "Shuji and Natsumi have no chemistry" thing; I can't argue, because I haven't finished. However, I really believe Shuji would have left Natsumi or vice-versa if they didn't belong. At first, they weren't ready, but from where they're developing, Natsumi seems to be in the right place, so I just need to see how Shuji fares.
And I'm with you there. Sticking with TLS for this. :salut:
You haven't finished the drama yet so I won't ruin it for you. But you'll see why Saeki is given most of the credit. One of the main characters actually tells Saeki she is the one who changed them. Plus earlier in the drama which you probably already saw Natsumi credits Saeki with helping reveal some things about her relationship and changing things.

Saeki is far from a saint. Just because she gets credited with bringing about change and character growth doesn't mean she's all good. But she isn't all bad either.

Sometimes bad things have to happen to us for us to grow and learn. Those bad things may be the most important things we learn from. Saeki is kind of a bad thing but a good thing at the same time. She's a teenager who started really bad but sometimes it's how you finish. She finishes good.

Natsumi is a grown woman who is wise and mature, but she shows us that she's even more than that; she's a woman who has the ability and will to do what is right and necessary when it comes to letting true love come to her. Not many women are that brave.

You're gonna love the ending, haruma_obsessed :D :-)

I nearly forgot this,at the very end they credit each other with teaching the most important things about their relationship. But frankly, Saeki seemed to have more to do with Shuuji's change as he said himself than Natsumi. I think they just put it that way at the end cause it fit neatly into the moment.

It appeared that Shuuji was gonna stay the same until Saeki shook up his world and forced him to examine himself and Natsumi. At least that's how this drama was written, lol.

manlekim

Post by manlekim » Apr 1st, '11, 04:38

Will there be a DVD version for this drama? If so, does anyone know when it will be released.

susamirain

Post by susamirain » Apr 1st, '11, 15:25

manlekim wrote:Will there be a DVD version for this drama? If so, does anyone know when it will be released.
Probably will be on dvd in about a week with english subs. I usually go to jpdorama.com. They give some pretty good quality english subs at a great price. If you wait for Yesasia then it might be 2 or 3 weeks to get the right region coded version plus english subs. Also kimook.com also takes about 2 or 3 weeks but usually offer up different quality versions of the show. You could end up getting a very high quality version on there.

But for a good quality version that'll be out practically next week, I'd choose jpdorama.com. I've bought nearly all my Jdramas from them plus they email you coupons that are like $5.00 or more off depending on your purchase.

manlekim

Post by manlekim » Apr 1st, '11, 18:17

Thanks susamirain!

joykimlee

Post by joykimlee » Apr 3rd, '11, 19:32

Luv Erika x Miura. Kakkoii-est and kawaii-est young stars. A dream pairing for jdrama fans.

I personally wouldn't have Natsumi's EQ to be as strong and calm if in her position, for Shuji is a total ass-hole fiance. Hard to understand Saeki-Shuji supporters exist out there. It's nauseating that a male teacher about to be married soon would be shaken or moved by a female student. Shuji is ridiculous for putting Saeki before Natsumi time after time. This is one of the more frustrating dramas i've watched, yet it's gripped me tightly to continuously watch nonstop. Super glad they made a happy ever after ending.

Good drama. Thx subbers!

fujitak

Post by fujitak » Apr 5th, '11, 17:31

hello mina san. what is the title of the song in episode 7 when natsumi is shocked by all the stuff about love & marriage the weird guy (that she met before in dating organized by her parents) said her?

Romance

Post by Romance » Apr 6th, '11, 01:16

Just finnished the drama and oh man, this drama got to be the definition of "medicore". Cant believe that i finnished it.. what do you guys think of the last ep?

fujitak

Post by fujitak » Apr 7th, '11, 08:45

hello mina san. please what is the title of PINK song in episode 7 (when natsumi is shocked by all the stuff about love & marriage the weird guy (that she met before in dating organized by her parents) said her)?

Momosodapop

Post by Momosodapop » Apr 7th, '11, 15:48

fujitak wrote:hello mina san. please what is the title of PINK song in episode 7 (when natsumi is shocked by all the stuff about love & marriage the weird guy (that she met before in dating organized by her parents) said her)?
If i'm not mistaken, that Pink's song they use is "I'm Not Dead".

fujitak

Post by fujitak » Apr 7th, '11, 18:12

arigato

haruma_obsessed

Post by haruma_obsessed » Apr 8th, '11, 23:08

susamirain wrote: You haven't finished the drama yet so I won't ruin it for you. But you'll see why Saeki is given most of the credit. One of the main characters actually tells Saeki she is the one who changed them. Plus earlier in the drama which you probably already saw Natsumi credits Saeki with helping reveal some things about her relationship and changing things.

Saeki is far from a saint. Just because she gets credited with bringing about change and character growth doesn't mean she's all good. But she isn't all bad either.

Sometimes bad things have to happen to us for us to grow and learn. Those bad things may be the most important things we learn from. Saeki is kind of a bad thing but a good thing at the same time. She's a teenager who started really bad but sometimes it's how you finish. She finishes good.

Natsumi is a grown woman who is wise and mature, but she shows us that she's even more than that; she's a woman who has the ability and will to do what is right and necessary when it comes to letting true love come to her. Not many women are that brave.

You're gonna love the ending, haruma_obsessed :D :-)

I nearly forgot this,at the very end they credit each other with teaching the most important things about their relationship. But frankly, Saeki seemed to have more to do with Shuuji's change as he said himself than Natsumi. I think they just put it that way at the end cause it fit neatly into the moment.

It appeared that Shuuji was gonna stay the same until Saeki shook up his world and forced him to examine himself and Natsumi. At least that's how this drama was written, lol.

Okay, I feel that I'm going to warm up to Saeki towards the end since you put it like that, though I do still refuse to accept the idea of Saeki/Shuji. >///< Thanks. :D

fifimimi

Post by fifimimi » Apr 27th, '11, 12:16

I'm currently part way through episode 7 and I'm getting frustrated with Shuji and Saeki...I can't believe there is any good words for them and bashing towards Natsumi as I think she's the only one doing the right thing!

Seriously, I think Saeki is the immature, self-pitying brat that ruined everything for everyone. She doesn't seem like she wants to make things better but continuing to hang out with Shuji. Seriously, if she was really sorry and wanted to rectify for wrong doings she sound be in class everyday having everyone bully her like she deserves. Instead, she still hangs around Shuji and even said Natsumi had it good but being so strong and being able to carry Shuji's baby (WTF?!). She's just clouded by her misfortunes and I hate people who always blame this and that and never try to turn their life positive with their own will. Shuji is just a loser ...a god damn loser who I want to punch!! And Natsumi 'was' a selfish dreamer only realise her dream has turned into a nightmare and matured because of it. Saeki and Shuji are still stuck in there black hole...still pitying themselves and each other and still acting damn selfish.

I really dislike Saeki, and I could never give her credit or like her. I don't care about her story..there are lots of people who have sad experience and things wrong with their health. It's never about getting pity and help from people, it's all about working through it and being a positive person. She's had the illness all along and she's lost her sister a while now...to think that she's been pitiful all her life makes it even worse and even less worthy of any sympathy. Shuji was alright to start with but his character has just going downhill..steeper and steeper.

I'm not bashing the drama, I love this drama and can't get enough of it...but I seriously detest Shuji & Saeki. I simply cannot see a 'true love' between them. Saeki was obsessed with Shuji, she was ruthlessly trying to steal him from Natsumi. She doesn't look like she is sorry for it as she is still not backing off from him...and I see sympathy is Shuji's action towards Saeki. Yes he really wants to protect her but I really can't see that as true love (romantic love).

Hope I've not offended but watching them is pissing me off and I just want to let it out.

ailuros

Post by ailuros » Apr 29th, '11, 03:41

i'm at episode 8 and still dislike Saeki & Shunji
Too bad that Natsumi has to end up with him.

Saeki is such a self pity selfish no-moral teenager who use her pity life to get between
a guy and a mother of his baby. I feel like after she know that Natsumi pregnant,
she came to see Shunji just to make sure that he not gonna marry Natsumi. Then go see
Natsumi to make sure that Natsumi didn't plan to use a baby to get Shunji.

Also, it so strange that the nurse encourage Natsumi to be a single mom but not even try
to tell Saeki to back off.

Also, Shunji is such an airhead wimp who tried to be a knight for a little ****. Because
Natsumi is capable of handle her life and not really need him, he feel intimidate. “Being
there” for Saeki is nothing but the way to broaden his Ego as a man. And he had never
considered how he much hurt Natsumi. After knowing that Natsumi is having his baby,
he can do nothing but widen is eyes. He deserved a big smack on his head and
Natsumi deserved better man.

(Sorry haruma fan :))

manlekim

Post by manlekim » May 7th, '11, 19:17

I still think that this drama's greatest strength is letting the main characters (Shuji, Natsumi, and Hikari) move on with their lives despite all the struggles they have been through. Its hard to forget the past and it is even harder to fix the broken pieces that have fallen apart in each of their lives. For Shuji, Natsumi and Hikari to forge forward after what happened is great. I guess the writers make up for the dragging parts in the middle of the drama at the end. :cheers: