* Genre: School
* Episodes: TBA
* Viewership rating: TBA
* Broadcast network: Fuji TV
* Broadcast period: 2011-Jan-16 start
* Air time: Sunday 21:00
* Theme song: Kibo no Michi by Sambomaster

Synopsis
The drama revolves around a public elementary school beset with problems. Eguchi plays the passionate protagonist, who worked at construction sites for 20 years with a mid-sized general contractor. However, in order to keep a promise he made with his former teacher, he suddenly changes jobs and becomes the principal of his old school, which he must save from closing down. --Tokyograph

Cast
* Eguchi Yosuke as Naruse Seiichiro
* Nishijima Hidetoshi as Kirihara Iori
* Kitano Kii as Takeichi Kanoko
* Tsukamoto Takashi as Ohashi Hitoshi
* Ichikawa Miwako as Okamoto Yukie
* Miura Shohei as Motoki Yuichi
* Horiuchi Keiko as Yoshimura Yuriko
* Shiomi Sansei as Wakiya Kujyuro
* Kishibe Ittoku as Takeichi Mikihiro

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/SCHOOL!!
Official Site
Eng Subs
Last edited by MisS Lonliah on Jan 26th, '11, 21:22, edited 1 time in total.

hazelkenro
Location: Mocomichi Hayami,Teppei Koike and Wentz Eiji Paradise

Post by hazelkenro » Jan 20th, '11, 05:30

kyaaaa i really watched it.

Romance

Post by Romance » Jan 21st, '11, 03:31

Awesome first ep, eguchi never disappoints!

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Jan 28th, '11, 05:10

I'm really interested in how this is gonna turn out.... there's a couple of things I want to see happen in this show... I wonder if they are anyway. But yeah. This reminds me of Homeroom by the Beachside kinda but with elementary kids

Sato-shi

Post by Sato-shi » Jan 30th, '11, 18:15

The first ep was really good. I actually didn't expect that it would be that good, but the bullying theme really got me. It's horrible how the kids are these days.
I wish I'd have a principal like Naruse, he's awesome.

Romance

Post by Romance » Feb 1st, '11, 13:04

Just watched second ep and man, this drama has such much heart in it. Definately my fav of the season. Amazing. Everything Eguchi touches is gold.

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Feb 10th, '11, 21:05

For me the most interesting drama this season. I can't wait to see how this continues to fold out. All the characters are so interesting! It's really, really good. The principal is a great guy, that knows the right stuff to say in tough situations. Amd these situations are so real, and the kids are great. It feels a little like Jyou no Kyoshitsu. What happened to Kirihara-sensei 8 years ago?

And will Ohashi-sensei return to the school? Is it even possible for him to return and teach after the children treated him with no respect? Those are really little devils, I especially hate Shouko - so that girl-actress of hers must do something right. But Naruse got a point, only blaming her is wrong. Even the kids who sit still and that girl who is now declared "air" - they are also to blame to go along with this. I feel really sorry for Ohashi-sensei.

I also find it interesting that Kitano Kii plays a teacher in a school where kids are bullying - reminds me of Ayumu in Life.

Romance

Post by Romance » Feb 12th, '11, 11:21

Can't belive that this one doesnt seem to get more attention than this.
Like every ep has made me cry sofar :cry:

I really wonder what happened to Naruse's family..

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Feb 12th, '11, 13:19

Yes, it's the best drama of the season. Me too, I'm such a crybaby when it comes to stories like this. I think it doesn't get attention because people decide if they want to watch a drama based on popular actors or actresses and if the storyline sounds good. If I learned anything by watching dramas all over the years it is that the best dramas are almost always the ones you wouldn't expect to be and you just start to watch them because you have nothing better to do or so....and then you find these amazing dramas that outshine all the hyped up ones by far.

I think his family died. Maybe in some sort of tunnel accident? He now wishes to live for them as well, deciding to go for the job as principal at a school with kids who are the same age his son should be now.

adriennelouise

Post by adriennelouise » Feb 15th, '11, 06:36

I have to agree with you guys. While I was disappointed with a lot of dramas I'm watching this season, this drama is the one that I really look forward to watching every week.

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Feb 18th, '11, 18:42

I love this show Yosuke Eguchi is the best principal ever I wish had had a principal like him when I was a kid. I also like that a girl is the leader of the bullies, I'm sure it's been done but I just switched from anime to dramas about a year ago so it's new to me.

Akiramike
Fansubber
Fansubber
Australia

Post by Akiramike » Mar 3rd, '11, 14:21

Often, the best doramas are those who keep it simple, knows what its limitations but executes everything really well. I can't believe how much School!! has drawn me in.

bakaman

Post by bakaman » Mar 25th, '11, 06:52

With the earthquake and tsunami in Japan, does anyone know if Ep 9 of this drama aired (even delayed) -- and if so, if anyone captured it? It seems that other shows (like Gaikoukan Kuroda Kosaku) continued to air, but I've seen nothing about "School" since the earthquake.

bakaman

Post by bakaman » Mar 25th, '11, 06:55

Sorry for the double post, I can't seem to delete this, otherwise I would.
But just wondering if School #9 has aired yet, and if someone captured it or not. Thanks!
Last edited by bakaman on Mar 25th, '11, 07:40, edited 1 time in total.

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Mar 25th, '11, 07:02

This is actually my favorite show this year, it's downright well done and amazing to watch.

raven_frost

Post by raven_frost » Mar 25th, '11, 13:59

bakaman wrote:Sorry for the double post, I can't seem to delete this, otherwise I would.
But just wondering if School #9 has aired yet, and if someone captured it or not. Thanks!
It aired on Sunday along with Ep10. It should be up already. Check the torrents.

bakaman

Post by bakaman » Mar 25th, '11, 15:29

You're right. Thanks!

Romance

Post by Romance » Apr 14th, '11, 00:28

Great last episode, i cried! Fantastic drama 10/10

digitalcoconut

Post by digitalcoconut » Apr 15th, '11, 05:53

will start to download it, and watch it later.. hopefully i can trust u guys rave reviews..

i tried 4 new dramas 2011, i only enjoyed Utsukushii Rinjin.

the others are Control, Lady are total dissappointment.. Gaikoukan Kuroda Kousaku still in progress..

tahike

Post by tahike » Jul 3rd, '11, 16:12

It seems that there are extras/spin-off for this drama known as Afterschool (アフタースクール).

Official Site: http://www.fujitv.co.jp/b_hp/after_school1/index.html
Some video:
Pictures: http://otokonokomoe.blog18.fc2.com/blog-entry-865.html

There's also these extras known as School!! special lesson.

Does anyone knows where I can find this extras full version? I really liked this drama and would also like to watch the Afterschool and special lesson. It seems interesting to me. Thanks. :-)

Pantheria

Post by Pantheria » Jul 10th, '11, 12:31

tahike wrote:It seems that there are extras/spin-off for this drama known as Afterschool (アフタースクール).

Official Site: http://www.fujitv.co.jp/b_hp/after_school1/index.html
Some video:
Pictures: http://otokonokomoe.blog18.fc2.com/blog-entry-865.html

There's also these extras known as School!! special lesson.

Does anyone knows where I can find this extras full version? I really liked this drama and would also like to watch the Afterschool and special lesson. It seems interesting to me. Thanks. :-)
I just finished watching this & it's definitely one of my faves so far this year. I'd like to know about this too. Can't find much info though. :(