[Discussion] REBOUND Starring Saki Aibu and Hayami

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
hazelkenro
Location: Mocomichi Hayami,Teppei Koike and Wentz Eiji Paradise

[Discussion] REBOUND Starring Saki Aibu and Hayami

Post by hazelkenro » Feb 15th, '11, 09:46

Aibu Saki to become an 85 kg heroine for the drama “Rebound”
by kurumi on February 15, 2011

Aibu Saki will be taking the lead role for the upcoming drama, “Rebound”!

The drama is written by Yukawa Kazuhiko, the same scriptwriter behind the dramas “Joou no Kyoushitsu” and “Magerarenai Onna.” In the past, Yukawa experienced problems with overeating, indulging in cake, and becoming a startling 60 kg (132 lbs) by the sixth grade. When he reached 85 kg, Yukawa became determined to lose weight and successfully lost 35 kg (77 lbs) through diet and exercise. Afterwards, Yukawa became an editor for the fashion magazine, “MODE Kei.”

Aibu will be taking on a very unique role for the drama, as her character, Nobuko, will be an 85 kg (187 lbs) woman who is also addicted to cake and needs to make a “rebound” in her lifestyle. In order to fit the role, the slim actress underwent a special make-up process to help her “gain” the necessary weight. A “fat-suit” was specially designed for Aibu the month prior to shooting, while special make-up was applied to her limbs to add additional meat onto the skinny actress.

“When I imagined myself wearing the special make-up for the first time, I was really excited,” confessed Aibu. “I’ll do my best so that everyone that watches can feel surprised by the transformation and be encouraged (to lose weight).”

The drama, which airs in April, will be the third time since the drama “Zettai Kareshi” that
Aibu Saki and actor Hayami Mokomichi will co-star together. “Rebound” will also feature Kuriyama Chiaki, who will play the role of Nobuko’s best friend, Mimura Hitomi.

Aibu Saki also seemed to have a high opinion of the upcoming drama. “Although there are so many ‘original dramas,’ these works are too concerned with being ‘original’,” said the actress, looking enthusiastic about her newest series. “I feel like (this drama) is one worth doing. Please look forward to it.”

credits: http://www.tokyohive.com/2011/02/aibu-s ... a-rebound/
Official Site: http://www.ntv.co.jp/rebound/

source: http://mantan-web.jp/2011/02/15/2011021 ... 1000c.html

can't wait for this new series of dear hayami mocomichi... i missed him so much....
Last edited by hazelkenro on Apr 13th, '11, 09:27, edited 2 times in total.

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Feb 15th, '11, 11:42

Two people I cannot stand. Pass! I will avoid like the plague.

Makoto_

Post by Makoto_ » Feb 15th, '11, 11:52

well, sounds funny
saki and mokomichi together again after regatta

hazelkenro

Post by hazelkenro » Feb 15th, '11, 12:01

here's tokyograph link

http://www.tokyograph.com/news/id-7460

"Zettai Kareshi" co-stars Saki Aibu, Mocomichi Hayami reunite in "Rebound"
Mon, February 14, 2011 (7:44pm EST)
Saki Aibu (25) has the lead role in an NTV drama series called "Rebound," airing this spring on Wednesday nights at 10:00pm. The show will use special makeup to make Aibu's character appear to be as heavy as 85 kilograms in weight.

"Rebound" is an original script by screenwriter Kazuhiko Yukawa, whose past dramas include "Magerarenai Onna" and "Joou no Kyoushitsu."

Aibu plays Nobuko, the daughter of a tonkatsu shop owner who grew up on tonkatsu and cake. As a result, she weighed 60 kilograms by the time she graduated from elementary school, and at age 20 she weighed 85 kilograms. In order to turn her life around, she quits eating cake and sheds 37 kilograms, leading to her current career as the editor of a fashion magazine.

When she goes to interview the "sweet prince," a fashionable pastry chef played by Mocomichi Hayami (26), she winds up breaking her ban on cake and begins "rebounding" from her diet. She soon finds herself having to decide between her currently slim lifestyle and a delicious romance with the handsome patissier. The show also features Chiaki Kuriyama (26) playing Nobuko's good friend Hitomi.

Aibu and Hayami last co-starred together in the drama series "Zettai Kareshi."
Source: Mantan Web

Im so excited...for this series....kyaaaaaaaaaaaa....

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Feb 15th, '11, 16:16

I hope the message of this drama is more of kind: be yourself, as long as you're happy, even without a visage or body of a model you can still be successful. etc

And I don't understand her comment about 'original dramas' hmmm

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Feb 15th, '11, 19:45

In every role I've seen her in, I couldn't stand her..... so... let's see if it this will be the winning one (I like Mokomichi so I'll also be watching it for him)

Makoto_

Post by Makoto_ » Feb 15th, '11, 21:22

It´s true, I didn´t remember zettai kareshi
they have been together in three series already, cool!

mixedmedia

Post by mixedmedia » Feb 16th, '11, 09:34

Wouldn't it just have been easier to have Yanagihara Kanako be the main character? Unless of course the main character somehow loses tons of weight during the series of the fat suit is only for flashbacks to her past or something.

Does 85kg really make someone around 165cm look that fat? I guess it's like how in 200lb Beauty the girl looked like she weighed closer to 300+ though.

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 16th, '11, 09:48

«minah» wrote:In every role I've seen her in, I couldn't stand her..... so... let's see if it this will be the winning one (I like Mokomichi so I'll also be watching it for him)
OMG, I thought i was the only one. I can't stand Aibu either. actually, both leads irritate me to the maximum so i pass too.
Nomanymore wrote:I hope the message of this drama is more of kind: be yourself, as long as you're happy, even without a visage or body of a model you can still be successful. etc
was thinking the same. again :mrgreen: I really doubt that she will stay over weight for sake of her happiness. every single drama that i have seen that is to do with these kind of issues most of the time ends up with the hero/heroin of the story achieve the absolute perfection in order to get their happiness. even though they are telling it in complete apposite way and they show that these issues does not really matter to be happy and i am not just talking about being over weight.
but, this drama might be different. who knows.
Last edited by Issy on Feb 16th, '11, 12:17, edited 1 time in total.

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Feb 16th, '11, 12:04

I started to dislike the both of them in Regatta. bx Zettai Kareshi it was hate, and for me that thing ruined Buzzer Beat. I couldn't even stand looking at her. Ugh! I detest her!

bugs_3v

Post by bugs_3v » Feb 16th, '11, 16:05

i will watch this drama....im not a fan of saki because of her role on buzzer beat...lol....

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Feb 16th, '11, 16:55

@Issy & Nomanymore

I was watching BusuKoi and I totally had the wrong idea of the message of the drama... I thought it'll be "beauty doesn't have to be what the average person is and I don't think you're ugly... you're beautiful!" but instead "even if you're ugly.... your laugh, smile, and humor is so sexy! it turns me on when you make everyone laugh!" I mean.... I know it's not always about looks... but I didn't expect that kinda outcome like that ^^; I just hope if she does lose weight, it's for herself, to be healthy, and some health issue is behind it... not because of Mokomichi

@wmcnair370

My first time seeing her was in Zettai Kareshi and I think it was how they made her ole out to be... made me really dislike her (I have the manga series and I don't mind they change the setting of the story and shifted the targeted audience... but to make her from such a nice sweet girl to a b?!) so they totally made her unlikeable... and I didn't like in Utahime.... nor Buzzer Beat... but she didn't bother me too much in Attention Please

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 16th, '11, 18:11

It's so strange that how we base or like and dislike of an artist on their portrayed character that is unassociated to real personality of that person most of times. But then again, we only know them through their characters they portray. I think I might be the only one who disliked her from Utahime drama.
And she totally ruined Absolute Boyfriend for me just like as I totally loved and adored the manga. there is something about her that keeps irritating me in every character she does.
@Minah
I see your point. But I also meant that always in stories like this, hero/heroin of the story always or most of the times tend to loose that negative part of their as well as feeling happy and satisfied with their lives. Like over weight people always become thin and happy or those strong independent women who still are single manage to feel happy and proud of who they are but with the difference that now, they DO have some who loves them. So what about the message they wanted to get to their viewers?

Again, we don't know about this drama. It might be actually good.
Good luck to it's viewed

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Feb 16th, '11, 18:34

@Issy Nope you're not the only one who disliked her from Utahime... I couldn't staaaand her lol. But yeah that's why I try to seperate teh actor from the character because we do tend to dislike an actor because of the character but so far personally she's been playing characters who I don't like lol I know when I watched Seigi no Mikata (sp?) with Yamada Yu... her character... I just wanted to... do something really bad! But it meant she was doing an excellent job (and I like Yamada Yu ^^) but in Aibu's case.... it's not that she's doing a bad job.... but she's just play dislikeable characters lol

Yeah I know what you mean too. I just hope it surprises me... I'm still interested in it (the plot is interesting) but the fact that she's gonna be in a fat suit kinda tells me that she's gonna lose weight at the end (because they could have gotten a bigger person to do the role, right?) but I will like to see how & why (unless they really like Aibu sooo much she's gonna be in the fat suit the whole entire series) Some of these topics usually have a generic formula with it... I just hope this is different >< Just as you mentioned the overweight person is thin & happy etc. Like I noticed with shows about an older woman/younger man couple... the older woman is always so into work and supposedly not feminine and is insecure secretly while the guy is very aloof and even though he's younger knows so much more than the older female.... I still like the older woman/younger guy pairings ^^ but I wish it didn't have the same formula... same with this... I like it when shows have the main character who is not supposedly the pretty stick skinny girl (which is why I liked BusuKoi) because well... there are not many shows where the big girl gets love & attention and is stereotyped... I just hope this show goes in a good direction and not a generalized concept (if you're big you HAVE to be unhappy with how you look and no one finds you attractive *rolls eyes*)

outcast_within

Post by outcast_within » Feb 16th, '11, 21:32

That fat suit is just awfull.
And i see even in Japan ugly people are being played by beautifull people, made ugly.

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Mar 1st, '11, 16:55

It's really weird to see fat Japanese people on tv @_@ Take exception to comedians of course!

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Mar 1st, '11, 20:14

MisS Lonliah wrote:It's really weird to see fat Japanese people on tv @_@ Take exception to comedians of course!
It's like brainwashing! >_<That's why I wish they do this show right... or at least it's not a big deal to be... omg even over-weight! I do like to see more big people on TV without it being about them... being big or funny... but just like any one else ;_;

yorknell

Post by yorknell » Mar 15th, '11, 01:31

Hi every body i'm new here :lol :lol
i am personally interested with the story
although i am not a big fan of saki but the drama looks promising..
hope it'll not disappoint me :):)

Anyway, i have just formed a small group of fansub group
which is currently consists of me as a type-setter only
Anyone who is interested to work with me as a new fansub
to work on the drama Rebound, is welcomed to join and contact me.
Currently, it is requiring:
a)Japanese-English translator
b)Timer
c)Editor
d)Quality Checker
e)Karaoke Type setting (not really needed)..
Anyone who can translate japanes-english and do timing are urgently required and
encouraged to join:)
If you have no experience, you are still and very encouraged to join
An experienced person always start working as an inexperienced person and
from a small job:)
Thanks

hazelkenro

Post by hazelkenro » Apr 8th, '11, 06:00

here's the latest pics of My Moco-kun with Saki Aibu I'm REally excited for there new Jseries REBOUND

clakaz

Re: [Upcoming JSERIES] REBOUND Starring Saki Aibu and Hayami

Post by clakaz » Apr 18th, '11, 21:42

hazelkenro wrote:
The drama is written by Yukawa Kazuhiko, the same scriptwriter behind the dramas “Joou no Kyoushitsu” and “Magerarenai Onna.”
This information is 100x more important than the actors or whatever.

hazelkenro

[NEWS] ORICON Aibu Saki reveals her “fat” figure for “Reboun

Post by hazelkenro » Apr 19th, '11, 04:04

http://beauty.oricon.co.jp/news/86746/
http://www.tokyohive.com/2011/04/aibu-s ... und-drama/

im really excited to watch this series....
who is gonna be sub this?

MisS Lonliah

Re: [NEWS] ORICON Aibu Saki reveals her “fat” figure for “Re

Post by MisS Lonliah » Apr 19th, '11, 14:33

hazelkenro wrote: who is gonna be sub this?
(Hard) J-Suki (announced 15 March 2011)
http://fansub.d-addicts.com/Jdrama_Fans ... pring_2011

SnowApple

Post by SnowApple » Apr 19th, '11, 15:04

Fangirl shipper that I am, I actually never warmed up to this one. Moco and Saki aren't a particularly beloved/anticipated onscreen couple, but they keep getting to work together... so unfair.

digitalcoconut

Post by digitalcoconut » Apr 22nd, '11, 07:10

my first impression when i saw Rebound + Saki Aibu few months ago, i thought its a basketball drama (Buzzer Beat).. i think i liked her in that drama (+annoyed, which mean she's done well)..

though i didnt really like her in other previous appearances..

fat girl, meh.. maybe recycle idea. why dont they hire actual fat girl.

but having said that, ill try at least one episode..

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Apr 22nd, '11, 08:23

Is the RAW available already? I can't seem to find this here nor clubbox.

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Apr 22nd, '11, 09:11

because it hasnt aired yet

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Apr 22nd, '11, 09:24

Oh, sorry. I thought it aired on April 13. I must've seen false info then. Thanks^^

hazelkenro

Post by hazelkenro » Apr 27th, '11, 06:08

I uploaded the chart photos

IT's START LATEr APril 27 2011 AT 10:00 wahhhh....I'm So excited to watch this.....MY DEAR MOCO....

noshadow31

Post by noshadow31 » Apr 27th, '11, 09:49

I think she'll be thin in the majority of the drama.

plot is her being fat in the beginning -> diet -> become thin and successful but then meet a guy who is a pasteserier (can't spell) -> have to decide whether to pursue the relationship with the risk of becoming fat again

LanceSalmo

Post by LanceSalmo » Apr 28th, '11, 00:53

I dont think J-Suki is going to sub it now?? Its not listed on the fansub map anymore. Now who will sub this??

hunterkirualeorio

Post by hunterkirualeorio » Apr 30th, '11, 07:39

Asiancinematic seems to have the first ep with eng sub. :salut:

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Apr 30th, '11, 07:50

hunterkirualeorio wrote:Asiancinematic seems to have the first ep with eng sub. :salut:
its raw..

hazelkenro

Post by hazelkenro » Apr 30th, '11, 07:52

thanks for sharing i just watched the first episode omg.....cute story love it.....
saki aibu was so fun and also hayami....missed him so much....

yorknell

Post by yorknell » May 1st, '11, 11:44

yupp.
No translators are found so J-Suki eill drop the project..

NoraThorn

Post by NoraThorn » May 1st, '11, 11:56

I was really excited about Moko and Saki starring together again! Cakes are involved again too :D
And I wasn't disappointed with the first episode. Cute and funny story. Characters' personalities are a little bit over-exaggerated and some plot twists are not that much realistic but I think every girl who had ever gone through a diet can understand feelings of the heroine and sympathize with her.

I think this drama is good if you want to watch something lighthearted and not very serious ^^

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » May 1st, '11, 12:23

Mokomichi's character reminds me of Hanadan's Domyoji: "ore-sama" type :D

lollercopter

Post by lollercopter » May 2nd, '11, 08:33

Nobuko is not only fat, but has a personality that's like nails on a chalkboard (perhaps Saki Aibu just isn't good at playing a genki girl). But I'm sure the series will still end with her being fat and prince charming marrying her because of her "inner beauty." Even if she didn't have an annoying personality, it would still be extremely unlikely that someone like Taichi would be interested in her.
He was pretty clear about not having a fat fetish. And I guess Nobuko is now impersonating a part-timer because Taichi can't recognize her. I wonder what sort of heelarious hijinx will result from this!
Of course it's also a remote possibility that Nobuko will lose weight and the series will affirm the importance of being thin, but in these types of stories it's taboo to do that. The only acceptable conclusion is that everyone is beautiful and perfect just the way they are, and only inner beauty counts anyway. In reality things are not like that at all, but nobody wants to hear it.

The way Nobuko goes from a thin woman to a whale in the span of a few weeks (or a few months, at most) just by eating small amounts of cake (she only takes a bite) is preposterous by the way. Unless she has some rare medical condition, it's just not going to happen.

I also don't like how contrived the situation is with her being forced to eat cake all day. In real life a relapse could occur because Nobuko is stressed and eats cake to feel better. It would happen slowly, and she would keep rationalizing the situation to convince herself she isn't really eating that much or that she can quite any time she wants to. Why couldn't they present her situation realistically?

Seeing as how this was written by the same person who wrote Jyoou no Kyoushitsu, I was expecting a lot more.
Calling it now: Hitomi has an eating disorder. She never gets fat despite eating a lot and goes to the bathroom five times a day. She also smokes, probably as a means of controlling her weight.

Orenjideizu

Post by Orenjideizu » May 2nd, '11, 08:45

Dropped it after 10 minutes watching ...

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » May 2nd, '11, 08:50

After watching the first episode I'm torn between liking and not liking. Like lollercopter mentioned already there are some annoying things that, even in an unrealistic show like this, are completely off. For example that he doesn't even recognize her - even with or without the glasses/lenses this is just too farfetched. The acting is funny at one point and then its overplayed at another. But I like the characters and laughed. So I'll probably continue watching - even if it's only for Chiaki Kuriyama - Hitomis relationship with Nobuko reminds of the two Nanas in Nana, so I couldn't help it and just enjoy these two. The crazy genki girl and the cool girl with an "I don't care" attitude. haha.
Last edited by MaiKitty on May 2nd, '11, 21:35, edited 1 time in total.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » May 2nd, '11, 14:51

At first, i was skeptical about this new drama, considering how I'm not a fan of Aibu Saki, her previous characters weren't memorable.

But after watching the 1st epi, I think this role might be a good role for her to showcase her skills. It's completely different from her previous ones, and she doesn't remind me of her roles before this, which is good. And her character's 'genki' feature is very lively, sometimes a bit annoying but I think she somehow is able to handle it. I like the little things like how she talks, how she goofs and definitely the way she walks! Totally hilarious, and I can understand how she picked it up due to her size before this. But those are the things that makes her character stand out. I wonder why they cast Hayami opposite her again, but nevertheless, their interaction is really fun to watch.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » May 3rd, '11, 16:56

avieamber wrote:At first, i was skeptical about this new drama, considering how I'm not a fan of Aibu Saki, her previous characters weren't memorable.

But after watching the 1st epi, I think this role might be a good role for her to showcase her skills. It's completely different from her previous ones, and she doesn't remind me of her roles before this, which is good. And her character's 'genki' feature is very lively, sometimes a bit annoying but I think she somehow is able to handle it. I like the little things like how she talks, how she goofs and definitely the way she walks! Totally hilarious, and I can understand how she picked it up due to her size before this. But those are the things that makes her character stand out. I wonder why they cast Hayami opposite her again, but nevertheless, their interaction is really fun to watch.
Agree with you! She doesn't remind me of any of her characters.... and I dunno she's still kinda annoying (not surprising to me >_>) but I think she's very good as a comedic character. Maybe they like Aibu and Hayami together ^^ (all the times Ueno and Eita were casted together in shows... Shun and Hiroki too ^^)

What I love was the metaphoric thingy with Eden.... I love how they worked that in there... The "Perfect Place" ..if you eat the forbidden fruit (and it shows) you get kicked out. So I love how they worked that in there (and to show audience how messed up and unethical their regulations are) I like both of their characters in this.. Hayami can be prince charming & douche-dude lol Yeah Aibu is a bit too "genki" like but I think that comes with the stereotype that bigger people are usually comedic and try to very energetic for the people around them and to please them (not saying that's true... just seems to be one of the stereotypes)

Excellent choice for the boss-lady (thought she looked familiar.. same lady from celeb to Binbo the step mom lol) and I think Chiaki looks awesome in this!! (I like how she's not suppose to outstage Aibu... since Aibu is hte lead... but she just has that tomboy I look how I want look ^^)
Do anyone else think Katsuji Ryo's character might secretly like her? Only judging by the preview... he's laying on her lap (and she's not slim) I think people were being a bit too "shocked" (especially the model) of seeing a big girl..... but it is Eden so.... that's not considered "perfect." I was mad it took the staff FOREVER to her when she was holding up that frame.. like seriously.... If I got hurt doing that & no one helped over that long time I would sue lol
I think I will stick to this... Hayami and Aibu's interactions are excellent! ^^

lollercopter

Post by lollercopter » May 3rd, '11, 17:11

«minah» wrote:So I love how they worked that in there (and to show audience how messed up and unethical their regulations are).
It's not messed up or unethical, it's just a job requirement.

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » May 3rd, '11, 17:18

That boss at Eden is obviously a japanese Version of Miranda Priestly in the Devil wears Prada or Anna Wintour in RL.

I agree with most of you. I cannot get myself to like Aibu Saki for some reason. It's not the characters she plays - it is something in the way she acts. She certainly will never be a favourite of mine, but she is kind of cute in Rebound. The way she walks - hilarious! And she reminds me of Hachi. I'll continue to watch even if it's just for the cakes! I could watch these little pieces of heaven even without a story - cake-addict that I am. haha.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » May 3rd, '11, 17:25

lollercopter wrote:
«minah» wrote:So I love how they worked that in there (and to show audience how messed up and unethical their regulations are).
It's not messed up or unethical, it's just a job requirement.
And at some places it really is... I would kinda understand maybe if they themselves were models or their body was being used as/for a product.. but if they're writers why should their body weight (even being a bit chunky) has to matter? You can still love fashion but be a bit bigger (plus-size models do exist)

"To be a writer you must weigh this much..." I think it was still trying to portray the view of what's beauty, what's supposedly standard and all of that related. Like the place is "Eden" ... supposedly "perfection" but who said having some extra weight means it's not perfection? (and what law say it is or isn't?)

sp4078

Post by sp4078 » May 4th, '11, 05:10

It surprises me that Aibu got a lot of hate. Sure, she's not the most awesome actress ever. But the comedy seems to suit her better than she's being bitchy like in Buzzer Beat. This role gave out a different vibe of her. I neither like or dislike her, but the topic is quite fun to watch. So I will go along with this drama.

Personally, I think the fat suit look quite natural on her. Some fat suits in K-drama look really fake.

lollercopter

Post by lollercopter » May 4th, '11, 10:33

«minah» wrote:And at some places it really is... I would kinda understand maybe if they themselves were models or their body was being used as/for a product.. but if they're writers why should their body weight (even being a bit chunky) has to matter? You can still love fashion but be a bit bigger (plus-size models do exist)
The head editor says her staff have to be fit because they mingle with models and talentos. The magazine has to uphold a certain image.
Like the place is "Eden" ... supposedly "perfection" but who said having some extra weight means it's not perfection? (and what law say it is or isn't?)
The vast majority of people -- especially in Japan -- do not think obesity is attractive.

Avalokita

Post by Avalokita » May 5th, '11, 19:54

The end of ep02 was a nice surprise - something unexpected! This drama is going to get interesting.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » May 6th, '11, 00:27

lollercopter wrote:
«minah» wrote:And at some places it really is... I would kinda understand maybe if they themselves were models or their body was being used as/for a product.. but if they're writers why should their body weight (even being a bit chunky) has to matter? You can still love fashion but be a bit bigger (plus-size models do exist)
The head editor says her staff have to be fit because they mingle with models and talentos. The magazine has to uphold a certain image.
Like the place is "Eden" ... supposedly "perfection" but who said having some extra weight means it's not perfection? (and what law say it is or isn't?)
The vast majority of people -- especially in Japan -- do not think obesity is attractive.
I still personally think a rule such as that is a bit eh... (just my personal opinion regardless who the person is their reputation or whatever but I guess I just think in a different mindset than average people... a weirdo)

There girl isn't even obese... there's a difference between overweight and obese. But it's only embedded in our minds to think that way... (we're pretty much taught to think that in way and it's influenced heavily by the media)

NoraThorn

Post by NoraThorn » May 6th, '11, 21:12

The end of 2nd episode was just hilarious XD

No matter how stupid all plot twists seem, the series is still sweet and lovely and really fun to watch :)
Moko is hot, Aibu is cute and funny. Love their dialogues, both of them so obviously fail at lying)))

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » May 9th, '11, 14:28

I've liked this drama since Ep1, UNEXPECTEDLY, because I usually dislike Aibu Saki's acting, and don't like Mokomichi much. I checked Ep1 bcoz I was simply interested with the fact that Aibu Saki will be wearing a fat suit in this drama, and I just wanted to see whether the fat suit work well or not :P

To my surprise, I enjoyed Ep1. Aibu Saki played a role she never played before and Mokomichi is quite hillarious as well. (loved the coolness of Kuriyama Chiaki too)

I enjoyed Ep2 even more and now I have faith in this drama even more, when I found out the scriptwriter is Yukawa Kazuhiko. Apparently, he has written quite a number of my favorite dramas: Asano Yuko's Gakkou e Ikou (Let's Go To School/1991 drama), Kimura Takuya's Jinsei wa Jojoda, Amami Yuki's Joou no Kyoshitsu, Hirosue Ryoko and Okada Junichi's OYAJI, Kanno Miho's Magerarenai Onna. He wrote script for GTO too.(though this one a manga adaptation)

I loved Ep2 and the ending was hillarious, I couldn't predict at all that the story would go that way, lol!

So the question now is:
Can an ex-fatty stand to have a fat boyfriend?? :P It's very interesting to find out whether this drama ended with both of them slim, fat or one of them fat, lol.

pink-revolution

Post by pink-revolution » May 12th, '11, 17:43

Actually I was wondering how Mokomichi can eat all those cakes without getting fat when Aibu seems to get fat by looking at them... :D
I like the drama so far. Not always realistic and it really is strange seeing fat people in Japan (when I was there, I did not see even one fat or even chubby person...). But I like Mokomichi's character and Aibu's friend even more... :) I'll continue watching!

«minah»

Post by «minah» » May 13th, '11, 04:23

Almost done with episode two and all I have to say is...
Cream puffs!?!?! Sorry but I couldn't help but to think of Zettai Kareshi and its infamous cream puffs lol

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » May 13th, '11, 13:38

After watching Ep3, I can definitely say this drama is not just simply about the ideals of "all that counts is the inner beauty" as eveyrbody here (incl. me, actually) predicted before.
Both Nobuko and Taichi couldn't stand to see the other become a fatty. I'm quite amused with the fact that Nobuko couldn't stand fat-Taichi, though she herself is an ex-fatty XD
Though, halfway, Nobuko started to realize that it's not the fat-Taichi she despises, in the end, they all kissed and made up, after Taichi become slim again, afterall. Still trying to guess the direction of the story here.

Such an early happy-end there, wonder what problems would come after this. For sure, the medicine's side effects will have a big role later.

Watching the next preview.... KEKKON already? XD

btw, love the cellphone text mail effects! lol, really depicts how annoyed Nobuko is with fat-Taichi.
I love Katsuji Ryo(Nobuko's ex) here!!^^

LanceSalmo

Post by LanceSalmo » May 14th, '11, 20:55

Iam wondering if more HD raws are going to posted. Episode 3 has not been yet??

sp4078

Post by sp4078 » May 14th, '11, 22:43

After ep 3, I decided I like her ex better. That guy seems to be okay with her being chubby. Neither Nobuko, or Taichi is okay with each other being fat.

Comedy wise, them dating is hella funny. Reality wise, I would go for her ex. Poor guy...
I didn't think they could get to bed that fast, right after first kiss. But whatever

sansukini

Post by sansukini » May 25th, '11, 04:37

It's been a long time since I've enjoyed such a funny dorama. I wasn't really interested in the concept at first, but it's Hayami and Saki together again so i decided to try it. It really grabbed my attention from the first episode. I don't like Hayami's character much cos he comes off as a jerk a little, but I really like the story.

swagrrr

Post by swagrrr » May 28th, '11, 03:39

I don't know enough but Aibu Saki to say that I hate her but her character in Rebound is annoying as f**k. Maybe I'm wrong but I think Aibu is overacting. Also, as nice as Mokomichi is to look at, his character is annoying too. Finally, the story is contrived.

That being said, I'm on episode four.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » May 28th, '11, 04:12

After ep5, I'm starting to root for Nobuko's ex. Seem like the prince can't accept her for what she is.
Or... I dunno, perhaps the story is about the ex-fatty couple learning to accept each other's true nature and the story ends with them both rebounding XD

ps790

Post by ps790 » May 30th, '11, 21:37

When I first heard about this drama, I was quite curious because I had two roommates ages ago who were overweight, and from my perspective, had bizarre attitudes toward food (treating it as a self-administered reward, caught in viscous circle of eating to make themselves feel better while depressed about being overweight). When the diets of people this obese are tracked objectively, they are found to be eating twice or more the calories they actually need, so there is a huge self deception component to the problem. I guess it was a bit naive to expect a DORAMA to deal with this realistically.

But I like the frantic comic acting style of the lead actress. She can play more emotional reactions in a minute than you see with other actresses in an entire episode. Plus there are lots of unexpected plot turns.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » May 31st, '11, 03:14

I find most of the storyline tolerable...and funny. however..
I just can't really get over the fact that these two characters can have their weight change from one extreme to another in just a matter of what..1-2 months? Impossible. I'm trying to neglect that fact and just enjoy it as it is though

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jun 3rd, '11, 11:08

Ep6 -> WHAT?!
Taichi and Hitomi??!? I didn't see that coming!! Got more shocked watching Ep7 preview >_< Aww... I thought Hitomi is a cool bestfriend... now I'm not sure if I like her anymore :(

So strange.... I like Nobuko's ex more, but I'm still rooting for Taichi and Nobuko to get together^^;;

The ending... lol. Cinderella shoe?^^
This drama really have a nice pace and nice "enough" level of excitement for me. It does not make me go "Argh, 1 week is too long!" after every episode, but every week I would automatically remember to download and still feeling curious about the story :-)

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jun 10th, '11, 19:15

Disappointed with Ep7 :( The pace was slow and the plot was insignificant.
Too much focus on the romance and friendship, makes it like the usual romance drama. What happens to the "fat" issues and all?? :( I hope it picks up by next ep.

cuteangelika

Post by cuteangelika » Jul 17th, '11, 20:01

I thoroughly enjoyed this! One thing i cant get off my mind, i know its just a drama, but does a tonkatsu cake really exist? Goolingbfor recipes. But cant find any...

liquidpearls

Post by liquidpearls » Jul 19th, '11, 01:15

cuteangelika wrote:I thoroughly enjoyed this! One thing i cant get off my mind, i know its just a drama, but does a tonkatsu cake really exist? Goolingbfor recipes. But cant find any...
I don't know about recipes... but if you search トンカツ ケーキin google images there are various pics... XD i checked a link of one of them, and the blurb about the cake said they got it at tonkatsu shop, so I guess it does. XD

-
Initially, my expectations for this drama was that it would be a bit deeper and serious, rather than silly and lighthearted, but after the initial disappointment - even though it had some boring moments, it was a nice drama to watch. And the dude in a fat suit was pretty funny... XD

digitalcoconut

Post by digitalcoconut » Jul 22nd, '11, 08:26

this drama are really 'rebound', back and forth, again and over again..

she's fat <-> slim
she want to pursue him <-> or not
she want to pursue her career <-> or not
she want inherit her family business <-> or not
good friend, another admirer, etc.. same issues, repeated through 10 episodes..

typical girl drama, 4/10..

chickenruns

Post by chickenruns » Jul 31st, '11, 19:26

I hate both main actors but I am out of dramas to watch
seems that I am "rebound" too mouhaha

Sorvaseven

Post by Sorvaseven » Aug 1st, '11, 18:17

Hm, after reading some posts i'm unsure to give this drama a try or not, but i will give it, 'cause of Aibu Saki :P