Fuji TV Getsuku, started April 18th.
Official Website
http://www.fujitv.co.jp/shiawase/

Broadcast
Mondays, 9.00 – 9.54 p.m. from 18 April 2011

Station
Fuji TV

Story
Takakura Junpei is an adviser at the marriage agency, B-ring. He is a go-between whose conviction is that “true romance has to blossom between two people even if they meet at a marriage agency”, and prides himself on a zero divorce rate. One day, Yanagisawa Haruna, an exquisitely beautiful lady who works at a prestigious company, comes to B-ring. Junpei’s junior, Sakuragi Marika finds it strange that such a lovely lady would come to a marriage agency and has her doubts from the outset. When Junpei attends to Haruna, she specifies a reasonable condition that any person who can provide her with a comfortable life is fine. He immediately asks her to leave. This is how their encounter starts out. It comes at a time when he has just been hit hard by the marriage of a girlfriend he used to date to a friend of his. However, the next day, Haruna visits the B-ring to return a borrowed pen to Junpei. As a result of that, she gets officially registered with the agency. Junpei promptly introduces Haruna to some members who are right for her.
However, the men are intimidated by her beauty and flee. Anxious for Haruna, Junpei reluctantly invites her on a simulated date in order to rehearse for a “correct date”, but realises that he had truly enjoyed the moment. When he visits with the complaint of a toothache for the first time in ages, his good friend, the dentist Ueno Takao, mocks him that the toothache is proof of the start of a romance. At that moment, a man named Yashiro Hidehiko comes to B-ring. His wedding ceremony has just ended and he is a man with a potbellied wife, so what is the reason for his visit? Marika, who is suspicious of Haruna’s background, begins to secretly check up on her personal history. What exactly is Haruna’s true motive? And alarming feelings for Haruna begin to grow in Junpei’s heart
from JDrama Weblog (http://jdramas.wordpress.com/)

I'm mainly watching for Naka Riisa, but I like Shingo and Fujiki Naohito, too. What do you guys think? So bored with it, it doesn't need a thread? :scratch:

Romance

Post by Romance » Apr 25th, '11, 02:15

Surprised that a new gekku drama gets no attention on d-addicts :blink

But sure, it doesnt sound too exciting...

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Apr 25th, '11, 05:59

I'm waiting for... subs... I think? (I don't think anyone started subbing this I think.. ^^;;; ) But I kinda wanna see it. I'll wait though of course. Kinda mad Naohito go a shave (I think so according to the promo piccy) because he was looking pretty hot with that facial hair ^____^

Iris Zephyr

Post by Iris Zephyr » Apr 25th, '11, 23:52

Performance of the full drama theme song, "Not Alone ~ Shiawase ni Narou yo ~" by SMAP on their variety show "SMAPxSMAP" -

NoraThorn

Post by NoraThorn » May 1st, '11, 12:24

In fact it's rather nice dorama don't know why people are so uninterested Oo
Of course plot is rather simple but it has dynamic and quite realistic. Picture is really beautiful.
Cast are good as well. I haven't watched any doramas with Shingo before but he seems a skilled actor in this. Meisa and Fujiki play characters typical for them but I like those characters)) The only one who really overact is Ayabe Yuji but it's his first role so it's understandable))

Preview for the third episode was very promising so I am really looking forward to watch it <3

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » May 2nd, '11, 16:14

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » May 3rd, '11, 09:11

I watched the first episode, thanks to SmappieSubs.

While not being the best drama ever, I liked the first episode. There are enough questions that makes me want to keep watching. First of all of course Harunas family, and with whom she talked on the phone. Maybe that guy who left her? I also find it weird that she lives with her father and brother and acts like a maid when her mom is obviously rich. I know they said she loves her father more, but there must be some other reasons. From the ending and the exhibition ticket my prediction is that Junpeis mother and Harunas father will meet and become involved. 8)

And what's the deal with Yashiro...having a pregnangt wife and visiting the marriage agency? However I liked when he said he wants a beautiful wife and not someone who is good at cooking or housework. Some may call that shallow, but I think he is right.

Marika seems like a boring character in the first episode. Pity, because I was looking forward to Riisa the most. I think she has to be careful with her casting decisions. It looks like she's playing her Ninkyo Helper character again. (Having a crush on the SMAP guy, loosing out to Meisa Kuroki...;))

nnnc

Post by nnnc » May 5th, '11, 04:00

MaiKitty wrote: Marika seems like a boring character in the first episode. Pity, because I was looking forward to Riisa the most. I think she has to be careful with her casting decisions. It looks like she's playing her Ninkyo Helper character again. (Having a crush on the SMAP guy, loosing out to Meisa Kuroki...;))
Actually in Ninkyo Helper,
both Riisa and Meisa loosing out to Natsukawa Yui :P
But I agree that her characters are the same in both dramas. I agree this is not the best drama but it's nice enough to keep me watching. The casts blend well together and Junpei's interaction with Komatsubara was funny. I didn't care much for Haruna but I wanted Komatsubara to have happy ending.

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » May 5th, '11, 11:11

^Did you watch the special?
Because I think that in the end Meisas character was still alive and so she won. :D Riisas character was no romantic competition, that was made pretty much clear early on...
...that is something that annoys me a bit with Riisas role choices. Because imho she's a great actress, but often only plays the part of the cute girl in love wih the main character that doesn't have a chance anyway, because woah Meisa Kuroki, who would choose anyone over her anyway?

At the moment I don't really see what they all see in Shingos character Junpei either. He seems like a nice guy, but nothing to go crazy over.

Romance

Post by Romance » May 5th, '11, 13:28

Am i the only one who thinks katori shingo is acting really bad? Especially the way he is talking... :crazy:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » May 5th, '11, 23:09

Watched up to Ep3 and.... *sigh*.... boring story, boring script, boring characters. And yes, I'm a big fan of Katori Shingo. But I can't get my Shingo fix from this drama, because Junpei is such a boring character and Shingo looked so tired (he doesn't look like he's up to doing this drama, reminds me alot of how tired Nakai look like in KonKatsu). Haruna is somehow getting annoying, she's making these "pity me" faces.

I only care about Komatsubara-san. I really hope he has a happy ending XD

Kumako22

Post by Kumako22 » May 8th, '11, 10:36

Hello,
How can I get access to SmappieSubs to download hardsubs ?? What should I do?

Thanks.

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » May 8th, '11, 15:58

^You can download the episodes 1-3 subbed by SmappieSubs at their LJ Community. furransu posted the link. You have to join the community to see them, but that is pretty easy. They don't require you to write an essay about SMAP you can easily join. I don't know any other place, so if you don't have LJ I'm not sure where you could download them....

I have to agree with yanie. I watched the first two episodes. I would probably even say that they (the main characters) all annoy me and I don't feel for any of them. The Lawyer is an annoying guy, and I hate his arrogance. Haruna isn't even better - she just looks bored all the time and like she wants to be pitied but her actions are the lowest, imho. She doesn't really want to get together with Komatsubara-san. Junpei is also selfish and don't get me started on Marika. Why does she like Junpei anyway? I think Meisa Kuroki has no talent when it comes to acting. (That's just my opinion - so don't attack me) So I'm not really surprised that I don't like Haruna. But all the others are a bit disappointing because I usually like these actors. The script is weak for a getsuku. I really hope this picks up.

Kumako22

Post by Kumako22 » May 8th, '11, 18:07

Thanks a lot!

Kumako

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » May 8th, '11, 21:38

Don't you guys agree that the twist at the end of episode 3
wasn't as surprising as the writers obviously wanted it to be? I was suspecting this from earlier on, and was kind of surprised they didn't reveal it at the bowling alley when Junpei made his little speech. :scratch:
Anyway, I'll keep watching. Episode 3 was better than 2, imho. Not great but I'm not really expecting anything great. It's harder to really pick up the storyline the further the drama progresses, people might've stopped watching already.

Reikaa

Post by Reikaa » May 10th, '11, 01:08

The wist at the 3rd episode is pretty obvious. I was already guessing
that Fujiki Naohito (don't remember his character's name, sorry) was Meisa's ex
I'm finding the drama very boring. I hate when Shingo does those kind of sympathetic and kind characters, like in Bara No Nai Hanaya(?). I don't know, he overacts. He's only brilliant at comedy and nothing else LOL Also don't like Kuroki Meisa's character, I don't feel anything for her. She's too pitiable like everyone pointed out. Fujiki's character is a complete jerk, but at least he acts like one. And finally, Naka Riisa. She's adorable and actually, I wish she was the main character. I truly think it'd be more interesting.
people might've stopped watching already.
If you take a look at the rating you'll see how it's getting lower. It started with 16% at the 1st episode and already at the 2nd one it lowered to 11%. The 3rd one was 10%. So yeah, people are already stopping watching it.

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » May 10th, '11, 08:34

^Yeah, too bad with the rating but understandable. This drama is no highlight.

I liked two typical Riisa moments in episode 3, when she was walking down the street and the guys called her cute and she's all smiley and then the next one says she's an old hag and her face just changes. *lol* And the way she intimated the dentist when he was going on about big breasts. Haha.

noshadow31

Post by noshadow31 » May 29th, '11, 13:25

i decided to stop watching after the 1st episode but I wanna know why fujiki naohito character signed up for the matchmaking when he's already married. anyone can explain? please :D

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » May 29th, '11, 14:01

^
His marriage is not registered yet. They only had a ceremony. The baby is not his either. He also only registered at B-ring to meet with Haruna again, because he is her ex-boyfriend.

noshadow31

Post by noshadow31 » May 31st, '11, 08:21

MaiKitty, thank you so much! :D so he was deceived LOL

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Jun 14th, '11, 18:58

I just checked the ratings and have to say I'm shocked. Quality wise ratings often lie. A few of my favourite dramas had bad ratings. But for a getsuku? With Shingo Katori in the lead and everybody-seems-to-love-her Meisa Kuroki? I know it's a bad drama - I am still disappointed in it, but these ratings...almost every other drama this season has better ratings. I wonder what went wrong and where. *sigh* I hope this won't be a career killer for the people involved.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Jun 15th, '11, 21:21

I finally got around to watching the first episode today. My first instinct was to watch it just because of Fujiki but it seems to be a good drama so far. Still too early to tell. I like the way things are starting out and this is more along the kind of drama I like so i'm hoping for a good one.

kagi88

Post by kagi88 » Jun 15th, '11, 22:33

Could the writer and director be the cause of bad ratings?
Most of the characters are not very likeable.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Jun 17th, '11, 23:21

Whoa! This is a funny drama, predictable (kind of), and I like the pace too. Can't wait for Ep. 7 subs.
I like how Marika is not too jealous and over the top. Yashiro's wife is pregnant by another guy?! Everybody' comes clean with their secrets and not telling so many lies and creating messes. But they play so many games with each other.
Now waiting for subbing of the remaining episodes :-( I should have waited until it was fully subbed. So much drama I love it :lol

moustachegai

Post by moustachegai » Aug 8th, '11, 11:25

Finished the entire series recently. Overall it's a very pleasant and easy to watch show. Kind of slow burning - I'd watch an episode here, or there, and miss a few weeks.

Although by episode 7 I was hooked and wanting to see the conclusion.

Thanks SmappieSubs =] I can't get the SMAP theme tune to this out of my head.

Shingo is really great in this- although he seems to be his usual character- he does it well.

Kuroki Meisa has that " shamefully look out the corner of my eye" cuteness going on.

Naka Riisa is also brilliant. It's amazing how abit of make-up and demeanor can make her appear so awkward and bitchy.

cha2

Post by cha2 » Aug 9th, '11, 01:09

Is the theme song available for listening or download?

moustachegai

Post by moustachegai » Aug 9th, '11, 11:26

You can watch a few raw video live performances [or lip synced lol] on Dailymotion
Or if you google Smappie you'll find subbed PVs.

Something very magical about middle-aged men acting like a teen band... it's rather uplifting... I can't quite describe how bad yet warm the performance is!

EriKira

Post by EriKira » Aug 14th, '13, 12:04

where can I get the hard sub of this dorama ?
I already opened Smappie LJ but it said access denied, anyone can give me a clue ? Ty :D

k361
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by k361 » Aug 14th, '13, 12:24

EriKira wrote:where can I get the hard sub of this dorama ?
I already opened Smappie LJ but it said access denied, anyone can give me a clue ? Ty :D
try this torrent http://torrentproject.com/44ec0decc0f6c ... rrent.html