[Discussion] Namae o Nakushita Megami

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
suketa

[Discussion] Namae o Nakushita Megami

Post by suketa » Apr 27th, '11, 01:00

Hello, anyone living and raising kids in Japan? I have a 5-year-old boy, in his second grade at a Japanese kindergarten. It is a private one, like in this drama, with uniforms and always luxury looking moms (except for me, of course). I have a hard time making friends with other moms, not only because I am a foreigner. But because I feel like they are from a different world. Even though we just go downstairs and see the kids onto the kindergarten bus, they always look like going to a party after that. Perfect make-up, dressed like a magazine models. I have a small baby, so I am always too busy in the morning, so I often see my older boy onto the bus without any make-up, with jeans and T-shirt. And not only clothes. They always watch what I do, what I own, my relationship with my husband and other family. I have to be careful what to say and what rather not... It is not so sever like pictured in the drama, but I feel like the main heroine. I wish I could make friends with nice moms like Yuko in the drama... :-(

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » May 6th, '11, 19:51

taihen daso... :|

This drama looks interesting, Anne was really scary in Naka nai to Kimeta Hi.Unfortunately, with no english subs planned I don't think I'll have the oportunity to watch it.

«minah»

Post by «minah» » May 12th, '11, 17:20

Well then it's good they have a drama like this because someone like Suketa can relate (because well.. they wouldn't make something like this if the issue didn't exist) For me personally I would just.. distant myself from people like that (even if it seems rude) because I can sense others mannerisms and whatnot (like at work.. I know who I can get along with and who I won't.. and well... phony people too like how this drama is portraying) Hopefully this drama will open the eyes to many people and influence them

This reminds me of SCANDAL with a pinch of Naka nai to Kimeta Hi & Utsukushi Rinjin (I guess at the beginning of the drama and it's camera angles) I do wanna see more of this. Almost seems like a Naka nai to Kimeta Hi reunion lol... only because 3 of the same cast are on here and the theme is similar

emma-ba

Post by emma-ba » May 26th, '11, 13:23

I'm really enjoying this drama! The child actors are some of the best I've seen! I really don't like Yuko's hair though, those bits of hair at the front seem to be a rather odd length. Not long enough to tuck behind her ears but long enough to swing forward and get in the way. What is the point!

atheistium

Post by atheistium » Dec 7th, '11, 18:36

Loved the first 3 episodes. Shame whoever was subbing it stopped after then. 4-11 have gone untranslated :(

emma-ba

Post by emma-ba » Jan 17th, '12, 16:10

I've uploaded episode 4 subs here.