[poll] Your top 5 fav Japanese actresses, still the same or changed?

Discuss about your favourite Japanese Actors and Actresses
Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

[poll] Your top 5 fav Japanese actresses, still the same or changed?

Post by Xi@h » Oct 7th, '05, 11:15

My top 5 favorite Japanese actress has changed drastically after watching newly downloaded dramas. So I wonder if for other fans, is it the same as for me?

My top 5 was:

1. Matsushima Nanako
2. Nakagoshi Noriko
3. Matsu Takako
4. Nakama Yukie
5. Fujiwara Norika

Now it changed to:

1. Itoh Misaki
2. Takeuchi Yuko
3. Hirosue Ryoko
4. Matsu Takako
5. Nakagoshi Noriko

Does your growing list of favortite Japanese actress changed completely?

nicpkh

Post by nicpkh » Oct 7th, '05, 11:23

For my top 5 favourite actress was:
1. Takeuchi Yuko
2. Shibasaki Kou
3. Ryoko Hirosue
4. Rina Uchiyama
5. Itoh Misaki
:D

Wut

Post by Wut » Oct 7th, '05, 11:31

for me now.
1. Misaki Itoh :wub:
2. Matsu Takako
3. Ryoko Hirosue
4. Ishihara Satomi
5. Kou Shibasaki
Last edited by Wut on Oct 7th, '05, 12:17, edited 1 time in total.

yt_toshi
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by yt_toshi » Oct 7th, '05, 11:31

My top 5 actresses:

1. Misaki Itoh
2. Rina Uchiyama
3. Tomoko Yamaguchi
4. Ryoko Shinohara
5. Kou Shibasaki

Versalius

Post by Versalius » Oct 7th, '05, 16:41

I don't a list for top 5 as i have only watched 4 J Dramas. I didn't fancy any of the actresses in them accept for the lead actress in Densha Otoko which is Itoh Misaki. Hehee.. therefore my list will b as the following for now:

1.Itoh Misaki
2.Itoh Misaki
3.Itoh Misaki
4.Itoh Misaki
5.Itoh Misaki
Last edited by Versalius on Oct 11th, '05, 03:50, edited 1 time in total.

Agent007

Post by Agent007 » Oct 7th, '05, 17:51

I never even had 5. My favorites right now (no particular order)

松たか子 (Matsu Takako)
内山理名 (Uchiyama Rina)
加藤夏希 (Katou Natsuki)
And if it counts since she's in Nana now:
中島美嘉 (Nakashima Mika)
Though I mostly like her for her music.

erink

Post by erink » Oct 7th, '05, 19:23

In no particular order

Shiraishi Miho
Juri Ueno
Kou Shibasaki
Hitomi Kuroki
Koyuki

groink

Post by groink » Oct 7th, '05, 19:48

My list during the 1990's was:

1. Sakai Noriko
2. Suzuki Honami
3. Takashima Reiko
4. Tokiwa Takako
5. Koizumi Kyoko

Today, it really hasn't changed because I still prefer the 90's dramas over what they're cranking out today. I don't really like any of the actresses today, probably because the trendy dramas today aren't that appealing to me. Many of the actresses I see today are basically playing themselves - only the clothes and names change. There doesn't seem to be that much of an urgency to train and encourage these geinoujin to become fine thespians, rather than just being a marketing icon within the geinoukai. This is my opinion, and I'm very firm on it, so agree to disagree if you wish.

One up-and-coming female to keep an eye on: Motokariya Yuika

--- groink

beer

Post by beer » Oct 7th, '05, 20:14

Nothing has changed for me.

Though my opinion of Takeuchi Yuko has slightly improved thanks to Lunch Queen she still hasn't made it to my top-5. And though Itoh Misaki was presented (and came through) as a living goddess in Densha Otoko, it just took seeing the NG special to break the spell.

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix » Oct 7th, '05, 20:57

Okay - I'll play. My top five haven't changed much as I've only been watching for a year and a half:

1. Nakayama Miho
2. Fukatsu Eri
3. Takeuchi Yuko
4. Nakama Yukie
5. Kuroki Hitomi

Followed closely by Yamaguchi Tomoko, Tokiwa Takako and Hirosue Ryoko. (Had to add that.)

ZGMF-X20A

Post by ZGMF-X20A » Oct 7th, '05, 21:51

so far I've only seen GTO and Densha Otoko
so I'll just say Itoh Misaki and Kou Shibasaki from battle royale

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Oct 8th, '05, 00:07

i just got into hooked recently by dramas.
i've seen about 10 to 12 series by now; thanks for my fast connection

anyways, here is my compliation of favoriate char.

1. Itoh Misaki
2. Itoh Atsushi
3. Kusanagi Tsuyoshi
4. Hirosue Ryoko
5. Kobayashi Mao

i only started watching "slow dance" yesterday, that's probably why Kobayashi Mao is so low right now.
sidenotes: #1 and #2 is not related. just the same english translated last name.

luvDonggun

Post by luvDonggun » Oct 8th, '05, 08:59

For me it's:

1. Tomoko Yamaguchi
2. Kou Shibasaki
3. Takako Tokiwa
4. Yukie Nakama
5. Honami Suzuki

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 8th, '05, 16:00

So you all have your list changed after watching dramas after dramas!! But now, I guess Itoh Misaki will stay upfront ahead of others for years to come hehe :dance:

Versalius

Post by Versalius » Oct 8th, '05, 16:12

YEa..guess misaki itoh really has some charms other actresses don't.

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Oct 8th, '05, 18:40

:lol for Itohn Misaki. I think it's her quietness and friendly face which cast such aura around us. Making it impossible to forget. Her smile is always sooo sweet :wub:

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 8th, '05, 18:55

Couldn't agree more with you pwner4once!! She's so kawaiii

And I like the way she stared at Densha while he's talking and preparing the cables for Hermes-san computer.

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Oct 8th, '05, 20:36

Jeremiah wrote:Couldn't agree more with you pwner4once!! She's so kawaiii

And I like the way she stared at Densha while he's talking and preparing the cables for Hermes-san computer.
wah!!! speaking of which, i don't even remember any of it now.. jesus i have freaking bad memories.. maybe it's caused by the head concussion i had when i was a child. The more we talk about it, the more appears to me the "way she looks at him" is wat's so lovely about her. I forgot if i ever mentioned this, I had a female friend who possesses a crazy pair of sparkling and soul-drawing eye. One time i forgot my fork and i asked her to get me one when she comes back from the lunch. she looked at me for a sec and i felt as if i am sufficating.. scary aren't it? :blink :blink :blink

koolaid

Post by koolaid » Oct 8th, '05, 21:09

My list would be and still is

Akiko Yada
Miho Kanno
Takako Tokiwa
Misato Ito
Takako Matsu
Nanako Matsushima

I can not quite decide on the top five yet, however this list still remains unchanged for many years for me. The only change is probably Noriko Sakai which used to be ranked number one for me, she would be me seventh choice.
:-)

kinki

Post by kinki » Oct 8th, '05, 21:33

only top 5? they change according to time, 3 years ago i liked Matsushima Nanako a lot, maybe coz of i watched many of her dramas at that time...but now she's not in many dramas so i have little chance to see her...hmmm
anyway...

ok, my fav (in no particular order) was:

- Matsushima Nanako
- Yamaguchi Tomoko
- Takako Matsu
- Wakui Emi
- Sakai Noriko

now:
- Takeuchi Yuko
- Shibasaki Kou
- Fukatsu Eri
- Shinohara Ryoko
- Itou Misaki

johnjeon

favorite Japanese actresses

Post by johnjeon » Oct 8th, '05, 21:38

1 Miho Kanno - She has an amazing acting range
2 Yukie Nakama
3 Yada Akiko
4 Mimura
5 Misaki Itoh

Schala

Post by Schala » Oct 8th, '05, 23:08

Hmmm...well since I am still rather new to the J-drama scene (though I have seen quite a few already) I'm still developing favorites. ^^0 But as of right now, my top fav are (in no order)

1. Ueto Aya (as if it wasn't obvious)
2. Matsushima Nanako
3. Itoh Misaki
4. Nakama Yukie
5. Uchiyama Rina

We should make a thread for male actors too! ^^

fuddleduddle

Post by fuddleduddle » Oct 8th, '05, 23:33

1. yuko takeuchi
2. kou shibasaki
3. miho kanno
4. yukie nakama
5. itoh masaki

feedmeister

Post by feedmeister » Oct 9th, '05, 00:46

here are my old favorites:
-Yamaguchi Tomoko, (thanks to those who brought us Double Kitchen)
-Fukatsu Eri,
-Ryo,
-Kuroki Hitomi (in Oyaji, Good Luck),
-Esumi Makiko (what else has she done?)
-Toda Naho (I hope she'll get better with age.)
-Uchiyama Rina
-Itoh Misaki (So forgettable in Under Arrest)

New Favorites:
-Nogiwa Yoko in Double Kitchen and Trick. She can can kick some ass and hold up well next to -Nakama yukie (add her to that list).
-Kuroki Hitomi in the cleverly 'bad' Golden Bowl. That show was just a hoot.
-Itoh Misaki (180 flip into such a good bijin in Densha Otoko. she gets the
Most Improved Award)

albertoavena

Post by albertoavena » Oct 9th, '05, 05:33

I feel so new to this. The only j-dorama I've seen is Densha Otoko so that would make Itoh Misaki my favorite actress... I'm currently watching Slow Dance so I might have more favorites soon..

Hayashi_kun

Post by Hayashi_kun » Oct 9th, '05, 06:04

1. Shibasaki Kou
2. Takeuchi Yuuko
3. Matsu Takako
4. Matsushima Nanako
5. Eri Fukatsu
Only the top 2 remain my favs now... n im so happy that Shibasaki made it to so many ppl's lists!
btw shld start a male actors 1...

Musten

Post by Musten » Oct 9th, '05, 10:52

Is there anyone not in love with Misaki Ito? :lol

Wut

Post by Wut » Oct 9th, '05, 10:54

Musten wrote:Is there anyone not in love with Misaki Ito? :lol
i believe everyone who watch Densha Otoko will fall in love with her !! :wub: :wub:

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 9th, '05, 11:00

I agree that we all who have watch Densha Otoko, had already fallen in love with Itoh Misaki-san :wub:

yt_toshi
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by yt_toshi » Oct 9th, '05, 13:05

I've also fallen in love with Itoh Misaki :wub:, but my love for her started with her first drama Love Complex. Although she didn't a lot of dialogue, her role in it is a little unusual for me since it was her debut role where she played a lesbian and a very beautiful one :wub: at that. Just her presence was enough to win me over in that drama :D

Versalius

Post by Versalius » Oct 9th, '05, 13:15

Wah...so many guys goin guguGaGa over Misaki Itoh!

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Oct 9th, '05, 13:39

yt_toshi wrote:I've also fallen in love with Itoh Misaki :wub:, but my love for her started with her first drama Love Complex. Although she didn't a lot of dialogue, her role in it is a little unusual for me since it was her debut role where she played a lesbian and a very beautiful one :wub: at that. Just her presence was enough to win me over in that drama :D
oman... u almost shattered my image of Itohn Misaki by saying she is playing lesbian.. :crazy: :crazy:
anyways, i think they should interview Itoh Misaki about why everybody is loving her so much after watching her acting? does she really possesses some kind of aura withdraws us ?

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 9th, '05, 13:43

Here's the thread where I posted about her:

http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtop ... 4&start=30

I think she's a born beauty and a born talented actress.

yt_toshi
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by yt_toshi » Oct 9th, '05, 13:52

@pwner4once:

If you don't believe me, then go get a copy of Love Complex and watch it yourself.

Besides, she's played other roles that were either serious (Itoshi Kimi E) or fun (Tiger & Dragon, You're Under Arrest) and that's the other reason I like her. The roles seems to fit her image in some way and with her upcoming drama, Kiken na Aneki, she looks like she's going back to her fun role again, with a little touch of seriousness in it (based on the previews that I've seen on the official website).

koolaid

Post by koolaid » Oct 9th, '05, 16:08

Me too, I can't wait to see Misaki's new upcoming drama. It was the same with me, I first started to take notice of her in You're Under Arrest. When I think about it, she had more interesting roles in other series other than Densha..

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 9th, '05, 18:10

yt_toshi wrote:@pwner4once:

If you don't believe me, then go get a copy of Love Complex and watch it yourself.

Besides, she's played other roles that were either serious (Itoshi Kimi E) or fun (Tiger & Dragon, You're Under Arrest) and that's the other reason I like her. The roles seems to fit her image in some way and with her upcoming drama, Kiken na Aneki, she looks like she's going back to her fun role again, with a little touch of seriousness in it (based on the previews that I've seen on the official website).
I'm looking forward to her next drama too.

groink

Post by groink » Oct 9th, '05, 23:11

Versalius wrote:Wah...so many guys goin guguGaGa over Misaki Itoh!
I think it is because she symbolizes the "falsified fact" that dorks have a chance with beautiful women. Yes, she is definitely very beautiful, has a very sweet personality, and has the body that even some supermodels lust over. And, I own three of her photobooks. But, I think she's not a even a good actress. She's just a geinoujin, using her idol status for marketing prosperity. Her role as Shima in HOTMAN 2 was very disappointing because Shima as a character is crappy, caused by bad writing and vision. Even in Densha Otoko, she basically played her real self, along with many other roles I've seen her in. In regards to changing character from her real self, she may actually be better in HOTMAN 2 because she portrayed a very weak female, when I think in real life I'm sure she's a very strong person.

I think all artistes - both female and male - should be able to change their personalities to the point where you like the characters because they fit the writing, and not because you like the real-life idols that play the characters. This is my Western influence of expecting thespians to be sparkling in their art forms.

This is why I think the entire Japanese geinoukai is weak, making today's trendy Japanese dramas weak... The Japanese fans would rather see XXXXX with just the names changed because for some reason the fans have such personal bonds with the artistes on an idolized level, and the artistes changing or playing contraversial character in a drama would probably tarnish what I refer to as their "glow". That's probably why you don't see artistes today taking on roles, such as heroin addicts, prostitutes, bitches and bastards. These types of characters are what made the 1990's the golden era of trendy dramas, where the protagonists and antagonists were very obvious. And because marketing, using dramas as the medium's vehicle, is so important in the geinoukai, no one wants to take the risk of gambling on these forms of writing, just like what young writers like Nojima Shinji did in the late 1980's and all of the 1990's. My example of great writing and acting is Yamato Nadeshiko, where Nakazono Miho wrote Matsushima Nanako's role to a T. Nanako's role as Sakurako is probably the best female character I've seen in Japanese dramas because the character was a total **** at various points.

Sorry for the lengthy rant... But when I started seeing almost half of the posts complementing Itoh Misaki, I just had to say what has been in my head for sometime.

--- groink

koolaid

Post by koolaid » Oct 9th, '05, 23:52

I used to think the same way as well. I hated certain actors and actresses because to me, they always played the same role. It made me avoid certain movies just because they were in it. However today I think I am not so picky, as long as I am entertained. The bottom line is that if the question was who is a good at acting and who is your favorite are really two different things. In a way I enjoy watching the actors/actresses already knowing what type of character it will be. Even though Nanako Matsushima's characters are different there is always a classiness (if that is a proper world) about her that I enjoy watching.

fuddleduddle

Post by fuddleduddle » Oct 10th, '05, 05:58

i've only noticed recently (despite watching a whole slew of jdramas over the years), that many of the leading role actresses were j-idols. which actresses have never been j-idols?

groink

Post by groink » Oct 10th, '05, 06:46

fuddleduddle wrote:i've only noticed recently (despite watching a whole slew of jdramas over the years), that many of the leading role actresses were j-idols. which actresses have never been j-idols?
It would be very hard to actually make such a list. But because I've been following J-idols since the late 1970's, I could tell you in a second whether a certain actress was or wasn't a J-idol.

If you wanted to do the research on your own, here are some things you should know about J-idols, depending on what time period they came out in.

1970's-1980's... Most of the J-idols were discovered through some sort of a beauty contest, usually held by either a TV network or a talent agency. The J-idols of this era were chosen mostly on their looks. That's because it was thought during the time that an idol was the image of perfectly clean girls in Japan should be like. Their hair, the way they dressed, and their mannerisms were important attributes of an idol. Talent didn't have ANYTHING to do with being an idol. All you had to do was look cute, and you were an idol. A HUGE example of an idol in this era is Tomoko in GTO (even though it was filmed in 1998, the idol concept used in GTO was a mirror image of the 1980's.) Once a girl became an idol, she would do TV and printed ads, release one or more music albums, make appearances at shopping malls, and visit the hundreds of radio and TV shows. It was also a lot easier for idols in this era to just leave the business altogether so they can get married and start a family. In some cases, if the idol accidentally gets knocked up, she's pretty much forced to marry the father, and thereby ruining that perfect girl image, and being forced to leave the business.

1990's-present... The idol of today are quite different. Rather than riding purely on looks, idols have to specialize in a certain talent, such as dancing, singing, and acting. The idols are much younger than they were in the 70's and 80's. They're picked via auditions held by the talent agencies. Once picked, they're heavily trained in the talent they specialize. For example, Hello! Project picks girls, and then break them up into smaller groups, each with a certain specialty (Morning Musume, Mini Musume, Country Musume, etc.) I've even seen members of Hello! Project who were picked only for their looks, and then send them off to TV shows without having to dance or sing. And, because of the Internet, idols reach a far more number of fans - through their official and unofficial web sites, illegally scanned photobooks, and CMs captured to PC format that last a lifetime.

The HUGE difference I see in this era versus the 70's-80's is that the girls can get away with just about anything, and still stay popular. And I mean ANYTHING! Which is why they can stay idols for a lot longer period of time. Several idols were rushed into shotgun marriages, while others have been plagued with various social problems. One girl in Hello! Project was even caught for plagiarism. Although she was suspended for a period of time, she came back and her image is pretty much clean once again. It is qualities like these that the definition of idol is no longer about purety, but rather just a moving billboard for sex appeal. I guess the idol still represents what girls want to be, but I think their standards have been lowered several notches. I mean, an idol like Amuro Namie getting a tattoo sends the wrong message to girls.

So, is XXXXX an idol or ex-idol? It really depends on when she made her debut, and what she did for the first few years.

Personally, I like the idols of the 70's-80's.

--- groink
Last edited by groink on Oct 10th, '05, 06:53, edited 1 time in total.

K.T.Tran

Post by K.T.Tran » Oct 10th, '05, 06:53

my top 5....
1. Ueto Aya
2. Yonekura Ryoko
3. Yada Akiko
4. Tanaka Rena
5. Uchiyama Rina<---need to see more of her acting to see if she'll move up a spot or not. Anyone know of any dramas she in where she is the main character or has a pretty big role.

Yoroshiku

Post by Yoroshiku » Oct 10th, '05, 07:04

no particular order...

Hirosue Ryoko
Uehara Takako
Itou Misaki <-- she made a good impression on me in Densha Otoko
Takako Matsu
... something Nanako

Amika

Post by Amika » Oct 10th, '05, 07:24

matsu takako
matsu takako
matsu takako
matsu takako
matsu takako... :w00t:

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 10th, '05, 07:27

Amika is crazy over Matsu Takako like we all do for Itoh Misaki!! :w000t:

She's great too.. too bad she was third on my list and now she's fourth..

LightningEmperor

Post by LightningEmperor » Oct 10th, '05, 07:40

Not in any particular order

Yada Akiko
Matsushima Nanako
Shibasaki Kou
Takeuchi Yuko
Hirosue Ryoko

(4/5 -ko's)

yt_toshi
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by yt_toshi » Oct 10th, '05, 11:12

K.T.Tran wrote:5. Uchiyama Rina<---need to see more of her acting to see if she'll move up a spot or not. Anyone know of any dramas she in where she is the main character or has a pretty big role.
Besides Moto Kare, she's going to be in Oh-Oku, where she dresses in a kimono :wub:

If you really want to know what dramas she's been in, then go to the wiki and see what other dramas that you might of your interest.

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 10th, '05, 11:27

I like the way she set back and let go Touji-san in Moto Kare.

nicpkh

Post by nicpkh » Oct 10th, '05, 11:44

Sigh... Why does everyone always talk about Itoh Misaki... :-(
Let start talk about Yuko-Chan man... :D
She is very kawaii too.. beside her smile can make a guy melting :w00t:
And Yuko-Chan also very talented actress remember when she acting in Be With You... What a lovely movie :D
So let start talking about YUKO-CHAN :D :D

BoX

Post by BoX » Oct 10th, '05, 12:11

Here is my Top 5 list, formed after waching 4-5 doramas:
1. Ueto Aya,
2. Ueto Aya,
3. Ueto Aya,
4. Ueto Aya,
5. Ueto Aya.

Currently I'm waching "Moto Kare" and maybe Uchiyama Rina is about to enter the chart too :mrgreen: .

mikomi

Post by mikomi » Oct 10th, '05, 15:35

My top 5, it still hasn't changed yet after I've watched like about 20 Jdramas.

1. Noriko Sakai (love her since Heaven's coin and Under the same roof)
2. Kou Shibasaki (very talented actress with a unique look)
3. Ryoko Hirosue (kawaiiiiiii)
4. Satomi Ishihara (very kawaiiii as well, she's still new so she still has room for improvements in her acting)
5. Yuko Takeuchi (she has such a sunny smile, I love it a lot :), she's a good actress too).

Itoh Misaki needs to improve a lot on her acting. I'm just not fond of her in Densha, maybe because I'm a girl so I'm not blind by her cuteness :D.

Dingster

Post by Dingster » Oct 10th, '05, 15:59

I'm surprised with the lack of love for Haruka Ayase. Her performance in Sekai no Chushin was amazing. Each to their own...

mikomi

Post by mikomi » Oct 10th, '05, 16:07

^ I guess it's because Ayase is still a new actress. Most of the non-Japanese drama viewers might have seen her only in Sekai Chuushin so there isn't a lot to know about her acting ability, and there isn't a lot of exposure either. She has a lovely smile though, very vibrant :). I'm sure we'll get to see a lot of her in the near future.

tokyohoney

Post by tokyohoney » Oct 10th, '05, 20:35

1. akanishi jin
2. mokomichi hayami
3. yukie nakamura
4. joe odagiri
5. yamashita tomohisa

Riroi

Post by Riroi » Oct 10th, '05, 20:56

My top 5 is:

1) Ayase Haruka
2) Fukada Kyoko
3) Nakama Yukie
4) Ichikawa Yui
5) Shibasaki Kou

groink

Post by groink » Oct 10th, '05, 21:31

tokyohoney wrote: 4. joe odagiri
Is there something about HIM you know that the rest of us doesn't? :lol

doink-chan
United States of America

Post by doink-chan » Oct 10th, '05, 23:20

doinkies' top 5:

1. Itou Misaki
2. Nakama Yukie
3. Ueto Aya
4. Ayase Haruka
5. Shibasaki Kou

Amika

Post by Amika » Oct 11th, '05, 01:00

Jeremiah wrote:Amika is crazy over Matsu Takako like we all do for Itoh Misaki!! :w000t:

She's great too.. too bad she was third on my list and now she's fourth..
well... i like itoh misaki also... just that Matsu Takako has a bigger place in my heart then her.... :lol :P

Eagle

Post by Eagle » Oct 11th, '05, 01:50

1. Matsu Takako
2. Matsu Takako
3. Matsu Takako
4. Yuko Takeuchi
5. Itoh Mizaki

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Oct 11th, '05, 02:03

I have too many to name, (probably can't remember the names anyway...).

I've liked Tokiwa Takako since my first jdorama, and I guess she's still my favorite one out there....

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Oct 11th, '05, 02:38

I like so many people that this was pretty difficult. But after thinking about it for awhile, my favorites are probably Tokiwa Takako, Matsushima Nanako, and Kanno Miho because of their range. Matsu Takako also edges in there for her movies and period work...

The other actress I really love is Nogiwa Yoko. She's a character actress that everybody knows, but most people probably never notice. She's just great!
:)

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » Oct 12th, '05, 11:49

Well, I've just finished Itsumo Futari De and guess that Matsu Takako will move up one place :P

discotea30

Post by discotea30 » Oct 12th, '05, 12:28

For me it's

1. Iijima naoko
2. Suzuki honami
3. Takeuchi yuko
4. Nakama yukie
5. Hirose ryoko

Moomin

Post by Moomin » Oct 15th, '05, 01:44

Hahaha. This tough, but Japanese actors would be harder to pick. :)

1) Matsu Takako (Obviously...she's in the first Japanese drama I've ever seen. She looks like she never ages.)

2) Takeuchi Yuko (as noted by someone "x-factor," there's something about her that I can't quite pinpoint either, it's not even about the way she looks or acts. She is just that special eh? Besides, all the dramas that she was in were really enjoyable.)

3) Ryoko Hirosue (She's a veteran in acting and after seeing her performance in Slow Dance, I am still impressed. She's actually one of the few actresses who has a natural/ pretty face AND can act. )

4) Sakai Noriko (She was excellent in Heaven's coin. It was such a difficult role because she couldn't express herself through words, but she still did a wonderful job with gestures, facial expressions and etc.)

5) Nakama Yukie (She reminds me of a neko. She's a really versatile actress and probably the only one who could have made Trick that interesting with her weird crackle and sense of humor. I don't know how she does it but even though she doesn't have the height of Itoh Misaki or the body of Fujiwara Norika, she still has this confidence (not the haughty kind) that makes her so attractive!)

groink

Post by groink » Oct 15th, '05, 08:04

Moomin wrote:Matsu Takako, Taeuchi Yuko, Hirosue Ryoko, Sakai Noriko, and Nakama Yukie
I like how this poster thinks!!!!! Great choices, with good thought put into it. :clap:

--- groink

TIticamara

Post by TIticamara » Oct 15th, '05, 12:48

Matsu Takako, Taeuchi Yuko, Hirosue Ryoko, takako tokiwa and fukatsu eri

oceansportrait

Top 5

Post by oceansportrait » Oct 21st, '05, 03:23

1. Koyuki (I've watched her in 4 dramas and 2 movies: Kimi wa Petto, Boku to Kanojo to Kanojo no Ikiru Michi, Beautiful Life, IWGP, Laundry and The Last Samurai. I can say I've liked her acting in all of what I've watched. Sometimes I didn't like the drama (like in the case of Beautiful Life) but her character made me want to finish to the end of the series. She's proven she can do comedy (Kimi wa Petto) while still taking on more serious roles (Laundry). And I like how she can play classy as well as cute roles.)

2. Fukatsu Eri (I loved her in "Sora kara furu Ichioku no Hoshi". The character she played needed someone with a range of emotions, and the ability to at times, convey her feelings through the expressions on her face without speaking--the character was made for her. I own the DVD of this series and I still cry every time because her performance in the last episode is so strong and effective. As well I was impressed with her earlier roles like in "Akuma no Kiss".)

3. Amami Yuki (She convinced me without a doubt that she was made to play the teacher in "Joou no Kyoushitsu". Hadn't it been for the out-of-place dance sequence at the end of each episode, I would have believed her personality was like that in real life! (which would be disturbing XD)

Those are the only three I can think up of right now. I've watched a lot of dramas but not very many female actresses left an impression on me. I didn't think "wow, this person can really act". I could name more male actresses: Izumiya Shigeru, Akashiya Sanma, Ohsumi Kenya, etc. etc.

itachi666

Post by itachi666 » Oct 21st, '05, 03:43

1. Shibasaki Kou
2. Matsu Takako
3.Takeuchi Yuko
4. Wakui Emi
5. Nanako

1Yen

Post by 1Yen » Oct 21st, '05, 16:40

1) Matsu Takako (in Love Generation)
2) Matsu Takako (in Itsumo futari de)
3) Matsu Takako (in Hero)
4) Matsu Takako (in Hiroshima...)
5) Matsu Takako (Long Vacation)

I also appreciate the great performance of Suzuki Honami in Tokyo Love Story.

capucine

Post by capucine » Oct 23rd, '05, 11:25

Hm~ I still love Matsushima Nanako though haven't any new dramas.
I'm missing Nanako very much :cry:

groink

Post by groink » Oct 23rd, '05, 11:50

capucine wrote:Hm~ I still love Matsushima Nanako though haven't any new dramas.
I'm missing Nanako very much :cry:
??????

She put out three dramas in 2005:

Kyumei Byoto 24 Ji 3
Hotaru no Haka
Hana Yori Dango

She skipped all of 2004 because of her new-born baby, but came back into action within the first couple of weeks of 2005. Although these dramas do not have English subs at the moment, that never stopped me from watching my favorite artists.

--- groink

kapneemo

Post by kapneemo » Nov 16th, '05, 02:45

1. Koyuki - Love her in Laundry & Kimi Wa Petto. Also saw her in some other ones such as Searchin For My Polestar, Engine & Antique but she really shined in Laundry & Kimi Wa Petto.

2. Nakama Yukie- Can't wait to see her in Shinobi.

3. Takeuchi Yuko- Admittedly a close second

4. Itoh Misaki

5. Esumi Makiko- Like her edginess

qilver

Post by qilver » Nov 17th, '05, 07:44

Nana Katase is my favorite j-idol, so she is in a class of her own.

but top five actresses currently, based on what i am watching.

1. Aya Hirayama - Haruka 17
2. Erika Sawajiri - 1 litre of tears
3. Rio Matsumoto - Stand Up
4. Ryoko Hirosue - Moto Kare
5. Mao Inoue - Hana Yori Dango

onizuka79

Post by onizuka79 » Nov 30th, '05, 19:00

1-Takeuchi Yuko (love her, she's so Kawai :wub: )
2- Matsu Takako
3- Shibasaki Kou
4- Itoh Misaki
4- Koyuki or Nakama Yukie

BusonIssa

Post by BusonIssa » Dec 4th, '05, 19:20

1 - Suzuki Honami
2 - Suzuki Honami
3 - Suzuki Honami
4 - Miho Kanno
5 - Miho Kanno

(I think Itoh Misaki looks absolutely delicious, but as an actress she just can't compare with these two).

cerberus

Post by cerberus » Dec 9th, '05, 18:20

groink wrote: One up-and-coming female to keep an eye on: Motokariya Yuika
Ahh Motokariya Yuika - I've seen her in swing girls (the quiet one with the glasses, right?), and Sekai no chuushin de, and I think she's a damn good actress. She's not really been in any primary roles (that i know of), so it will be interesting to see what kind of character she can really do. She seems to be able to pull off odd personalities, so I'm sure we can expect great things.

Ueno Juri - can convey more than just words through her acting - liked her in engine.

Hirosue Ryoko - first drama i watched was summer snow. :cry: Not many actresses can make a grown man cry....! She's a good, versatile actress, and am currently enjoying watching her play a spoiled brat in oyaji.

I've only seen Yamaguchi Tomoko in Long Vacation, so I couldn't really call her a favourite, but she played the role of Minami flawlessly, so credit to her.

Need to watch more varied dramas to get my list of 2 (juri and ryoko) up to 5!