Odagiri Jo

Discuss about your favourite Japanese Actors and Actresses
t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

Odagiri Jo

Post by t3n5h1_chu_k015h173 » Apr 13th, '06, 20:34

Recently i see him in Shinobi....but this year i will see him in many movies....he's totally so COOL....
I have some pics of him in his new movie SCRAP HEAVEN....enjoy :roll
Attachments
sukurappu hebun.jpg
sukurappu hebun.jpg (62.92 KiB) Viewed 5288 times

t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

Post by t3n5h1_chu_k015h173 » Apr 14th, '06, 19:01

List of Odagiri Jo drama & movies....

# Burakku kisu (2006)
... aka Black Kiss (International: English title)
# The Uchôten Hoteru (2006) .... Ukon
# Shinsengumi!! Hijikata Toshizô saigo no ichi-nichi (2006) (TV) .... Hajime Saito
# Scrap Heaven (2005) .... Tetsu
# Shinobi (2005) (as Joe Odagiri) .... Kouga Gen-no-suke (Kouga)
... aka Shinobi: Heart Under Blade
# Mezon do Himiko (2005) .... Haruhiko
# Yume no naka e (2005)
# Operetta tanuki goten (2005) .... Amechiyo
# In za pûru (2005) .... Tetsuya Taguchi
# "Fukigen na jiin" (2005) TV Series .... Hayato Katsuta
# Big River (2005) .... Teppei
# Pacchigi! (2004) .... Sakazaki
# Chi to hone (2004) .... Chan-myung
... aka Blood and Bones (International: English title)
# Kono yo no sotoe - Club Shinchugun (2004) .... Shozo Ikeshima
... aka Out of This World (International: English title)
# "Shinsengumi!" (2004) TV Series .... Saitou Hajime
# Satoukibi batake no uta (2003) (TV) .... Yoshioka
# Azumi (2003) .... Bijomaru Mogami
# Akarui mirai (2003) .... Yûji Nimura
... aka Bright Future (International: English title) (USA)
# Mokka no koibito (2002)
# "Hatsu taiken" (2002) TV Series .... Atsushi Koda
# Puratonikku sekusu (2001) .... Toshimi Iwasaki
... aka Platonic Sex
# "Kamen Raidaa Kuuga" (2000) TV Series .... Yuusuke Godai/Masked Rider Kuuga
... aka Kamen Rider Kuuga
... aka Masked Rider Kuuga (literal English title)

blau

Post by blau » Apr 18th, '06, 17:13

YATTA :cheers: :cheers: Joe Odagiri has play this scrap heaven I can't wait buy this dvd original from yesasia.com or cdjapan.co.jp Guys I think u buy is coz this story is good and there is she is Chiaki Kuriyama... :mrgreen:

yukino2002

Post by yukino2002 » Apr 21st, '06, 09:19

I luv watching Odagiri Joe. He's my latest obsession~~~he's hot PLUS he's pretty dynamic in the roles he does. From sweet and cuddly in Satorare to burdened and detached in Tentai Kansoku to funny and offbeat in Jikou Keisatsu. I have to check out some of his movies soon :-)

Crazy Penguin

Post by Crazy Penguin » Apr 23rd, '06, 18:44

I still think his Saito Hajime in Shinsengumi was the best Saito ever. Shady, mysterious, dangerous...

Squall_Ryuji

Post by Squall_Ryuji » May 3rd, '06, 17:08

Odagiri is my most favorite actor :D he's really really cute in Satorare and soooo cool in Shinsengumi. Ya, best Saito Hajime ever ^_^
Currently seeding Satorare, everybody, come and grab it :D

Crazy Penguin

Post by Crazy Penguin » May 3rd, '06, 17:19

Grabbing what? Satorare or you? :P

Bad pun, yes...

Different note. I was watching the Saikano Life Action movie making-of, and then the anime... I think Jo would have been one hell of a Tetsu.

Lowest

Post by Lowest » May 3rd, '06, 17:50

He's in a movie called Big River that was filmed in America about 3 people who meet up on their way to new york I think, and he speaks English though out..

Crazy Penguin

Post by Crazy Penguin » May 3rd, '06, 18:21

wow, Office Kitano involved... should be interesting

Squall_Ryuji

Post by Squall_Ryuji » May 4th, '06, 03:17

Lowest wrote:He's in a movie called Big River that was filmed in America about 3 people who meet up on their way to new york I think, and he speaks English though out..
Thanx alot for your information :mrgreen: I luv seeing my Odagiri speak English :lol last time I saw him speak English in Satorare and his accent is really really cute :mrgreen:
But do you know where can I find this movie ? any bittorent site ? I've been straying frm site to site and there is no movie called "Big river" :-( if you have the movie, please help me :-(

Crazy Penguin

Post by Crazy Penguin » May 4th, '06, 03:49

I don't think it has been released yet.

Seems it'll hit the screens on May 27th...

Squall_Ryuji

Post by Squall_Ryuji » May 4th, '06, 04:46

Crazy Penguin wrote:I don't think it has been released yet.

Seems it'll hit the screens on May 27th...
Oh, is it :blink :blink I'm new fan of Odagiri actually :glare: since January, after watching Shingsengumi and Satorare , so dunno much about his latest movies... sorry for my stupidity :P

Crazy Penguin

Post by Crazy Penguin » May 4th, '06, 17:02

Don't worry about that :)

cel

Post by cel » Nov 27th, '06, 07:54

I just love this guy. He's so talented.
Got to know him in Jikou Keisatsu and
now I have been searching more about him.
Currently watching Satorare and I
highly recommending it just prepare a lot
of tissues :D . :wub: .

Squall_Ryuji

Post by Squall_Ryuji » Nov 27th, '06, 12:46

Satorare is okay, at least the story is funny and has a happy ending (-----> it's not spoiler, rite :P ) but if you wan watching movie with tissues, i recommend Searching for my Pole Star (Tentai Kansoku), it's now being reuploaded 8)

I love Jo Odagiri, and recommend Jilou Keisatsu, Satorare, Kao, Mezon Do Himiko and Shinsengumi (he's not the leading role) 8) but so sad, I dont have any news about him recently :cry: and he doesnt appear in any drama after Jikou Keisatsu :cry:

I feel that his fashion is very unique and weird, especially his hairstyle :whistling: I've gone shock sometimes, when I saw his photos :whistling:

cel

Post by cel » Nov 27th, '06, 23:00

Squall_Ryuji wrote:Satorare is okay, at least the story is funny and has a happy ending (-----> it's not spoiler, rite :P ) but if you wan watching movie with tissues, i recommend Searching for my Pole Star (Tentai Kansoku), it's now being reuploaded 8)

I love Jo Odagiri, and recommend Jilou Keisatsu, Satorare, Kao, Mezon Do Himiko and Shinsengumi (he's not the leading role) 8) but so sad, I dont have any news about him recently :cry: and he doesnt appear in any drama after Jikou Keisatsu :cry:

I feel that his fashion is very unique and weird, especially his hairstyle :whistling: I've gone shock sometimes, when I saw his photos :whistling:
Squall_Ryuji, are the drama's you mentioned here on the d-addicts? Coz
I have have been searching for more of his work and can't find any.

Squall_Ryuji

Post by Squall_Ryuji » Nov 28th, '06, 02:17

Since all of his dramas and movies are quite old, so it's very difficult to find any.... There are only Jikou Keisatsu, Satorare and Searching for my polestar in D-addicts. You can go to other torrent sites to find his movies, but mostly there is no seeder.... :cry:

I've been attached the torrent file of "Searching for my polestar"... the drama is currently being reseeded.... :whistling:
Attachments

[The extension torrent has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

cel

Post by cel » Nov 28th, '06, 10:22

Thanks Squall_Ryuji :D
Hoping Odagiri Jo would have another drama
this year. :-)Oh! Since 2006 is nearing its end, maybe in
2007 :cheers:

Squall_Ryuji

Post by Squall_Ryuji » Mar 22nd, '07, 07:19

Hey, Jikou Keisatsu season 2 is coming soon :D i'm looking forward to it :D

supaflysista21

Post by supaflysista21 » May 14th, '07, 13:29

Is that the series where he plays a detective?

Squall_Ryuji

Post by Squall_Ryuji » May 14th, '07, 14:11

supaflysista21 wrote:Is that the series where he plays a detective?
ya, it's Jikou Keisatsu 1& 2... the first season has already been subbed... you should watch it, it's so funny :mrgreen:

lemoneko007

Post by lemoneko007 » Jun 9th, '07, 03:19

He's definitely sizzlin and smokin HOT
and a tsugoku talented actor desu ne! :lol

First time seeing him in Shinobi, and fell in love right away. Currently watching Jikou Keisatsu; the originality of the show got me hooked. I think the storyline is pretty special. Joe's hairstyle gave me shock though. Heh, it reminded me I just saw one of his interview in youtube where he got the mushy mushy hairstyle that almost gave me heart attack...

It's difficult to find most of his movies in d-addicts or to watch them online in CR. I wanted to see Big River, but couldn't find the torrent or the uploaded vid. I tried to find his dramas and movies on streaming site since downloading is torturing for me, but couldn't find others beside Satorare and Azumi...
I couldn't find Racoon Princess too; is it the movie where he starred with Zhang Ziyi?

I need a source to satisfy my OdaJoe hunger :wub:

Squall_Ryuji

Post by Squall_Ryuji » Jun 9th, '07, 03:26

lemoneko007 wrote:He's definitely sizzlin and smokin HOT

First time seeing him in Shinobi, and fell in love right away. Currently watching Jikou Keisatsu; the originality of the show got me hooked. I think the storyline is pretty special. Joe's hairstyle gave me shock though. Heh, it reminded me I just saw one of his interview in youtube where he got the mushy mushy hairstyle that almost gave me heart attack...

It's difficult to find most of his movies in d-addicts or to watch them online in CR. I wanted to see Big River, but couldn't find the torrent or the uploaded vid. I tried to find his dramas and movies on streaming site since downloading is torturing for me, but couldn't find others beside Satorare and Azumi...
I couldn't find Racoon Princess too; is it the movie where he starred with Zhang Ziyi?

Hi lemoneko007, nice to meet u :mrgreen: glad that there are more and more people love Odagiri Jo :mrgreen: my friends always say that even though he's handsome but his hairstyles drive them crazy :D

About his dramas, Jikou Keisatsu II is available now in this site :D and Shinsengumi, too :D, you should watch that, Odagiri is really kakkoi there :D Big River is very difficult to find, since it's been released in US and they speak English through out the movie... I wish I can find it somewhere :cry: love to see Odagiri Jo speaks English

Sukachu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Sukachu » Jun 10th, '07, 18:53

lemoneko007 wrote:He's definitely sizzlin and smokin HOT

Yes he often has weird hair styles. Movies are not allowed at d-addicts. Correct title is Princess Raccoon, also known as Operetta Tanuki Goten and Zhang Ziyi does star in it (she's the main actress). If you want to hear Odagiri singing and see him dancing, then you should watch Princess Raccoon.
Squall_Ryuji wrote:Hi lemoneko007, nice to meet u :mrgreen: glad that there are more and more people love Odagiri Jo :mrgreen: my friends always say that even though he's handsome but his hairstyles drive them crazy :D

About his dramas, Jikou Keisatsu II is available now in this site :D and Shinsengumi, too :D, you should watch that, Odagiri is really kakkoi there :D Big River is very difficult to find, since it's been released in US and they speak English through out the movie... I wish I can find it somewhere :cry: love to see Odagiri Jo speaks English
About Shinsengumi:
Joe didn't have a lot of screening time in Shinsengumi if you ask me, even though it's a taiga drama with 49 episodes. He's only playing a supporting role.

* Big River isn't one of his best movies to be honest. The movie is OK in general. Jikou Keisatsu and Satorare are his better works.

Squall_Ryuji

Post by Squall_Ryuji » Jun 11th, '07, 13:06

Sukachu wrote:About Shinsengumi:
Joe didn't have a lot of screening time in Shinsengumi if you ask me, even though it's a taiga drama with 49 episodes. He's only playing a supporting role.

* Big River isn't one of his best movies to be honest. The movie is OK in general. Jikou Keisatsu and Satorare are his better works.
Ya, he played the supporting role, yet it's still a very good drama and he's cool there, so it's more about observing his appearance. He had a bigger role in Tentai kansoku, but it's a quite sad drama :cry:

I know Satorare is better than Big River, but since it's his debut English movie, one could be looking forward to see it.

Recently i've watched Yureru, and It's also a quite good movie, Odagiri played a role as a guy who witness his older brother killed his girlfriend...

Sukachu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Sukachu » Jun 11th, '07, 13:21

Squall_Ryuji wrote:Ya, he played the supporting role, yet it's still a very good drama and he's cool there, so it's more about observing his appearance. He had a bigger role in Tentai kansoku, but it's a quite sad drama :cry:

I know Satorare is better than Big River, but since it's his debut English movie, one could be looking forward to see it.

Recently i've watched Yureru, and It's also a quite good movie, Odagiri played a role as a guy who witness his older brother killed his girlfriend...
I think Shinsengumi was OK, I didn't really like it (my opninion).

Did you see Big River yet or not? And if not, how can you say Joe is better in Satorare than in Big River then :whistling: ?

Squall_Ryuji

Post by Squall_Ryuji » Jun 11th, '07, 13:30

Sukachu wrote:* Big River isn't one of his best movies to be honest. The movie is OK in general
Sukachu wrote:Did you see Big River yet or not? And if not, how can you say Joe is better in Satorare than in Big River then :whistling: ?
Are u the one who say big river isn't good of his best movie? I haven't watched that, that's why I said I'm looking forward to seeing it. And of course after wathching trailers and reading some reviews about that movie, one could know how the movie is, based on majority's judgement, right? and I didn't know Big River is a good or bad movie, but only say that Satorare is even better, or can I say it's his best drama ever? :whistling:

Sukachu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Sukachu » Jun 12th, '07, 08:53

Squall_Ryuji wrote:
Sukachu wrote:* Big River isn't one of his best movies to be honest. The movie is OK in general
Sukachu wrote:Did you see Big River yet or not? And if not, how can you say Joe is better in Satorare than in Big River then :whistling: ?
Are u the one who say big river isn't good of his best movie? I haven't watched that, that's why I said I'm looking forward to seeing it. And of course after wathching trailers and reading some reviews about that movie, one could know how the movie is, based on majority's judgement, right? and I didn't know Big River is a good or bad movie, but only say that Satorare is even better, or can I say it's his best drama ever? :whistling:
Gosh, read back your own comments. See this:
Squall_Ryuji wrote: I know Satorare is better than Big River, but since it's his debut English movie, one could be looking forward to see it.
How would you know if Satorare is better than Big River if you haven't seen it yet :roll ? You clearly stated I know ... and not the majority thinks ....
About the looking forward part: You said one could be looking forward to it and not I :whistling: .
Enough said and I'm not here to fight with you, so lets stop this :-) .
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some news about Joe, there is a new movie coming that is called Looking for Cherry Blossoms. Interesting thing about this movie is that Joe Odagiri is the director himself this time and besides that he is also the writer :thumleft: ! He will play the main character too.

There is no synopsis available, so we'll have to wait for a little while.

Squall_Ryuji

Post by Squall_Ryuji » Jun 12th, '07, 12:25

[quote="Sukachu]Enough said and I'm not here to fight with you, so lets stop this [/quote]

Well, that should be my line, i think :whistling:

By the way, thanks for the information, hope to watch his movie soon (dunno how soon is it) :whistling:

Sukachu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Sukachu » Jun 12th, '07, 12:47

Squall_Ryuji wrote:By the way, thanks for the information, hope to watch his movie soon (dunno how soon is it) :whistling:
No date has been mentioned yet. The movie is in production. So I'm not sure when Odagiri is done with shooting this movie.

Another movie that is also in production is Sad Vacation, Odagiri will star in it together with Tadanobu Asano and Miyazaki Aoi.

Squall_Ryuji

Post by Squall_Ryuji » Jun 12th, '07, 12:55

Well, that y I said dunno how soon is it. I've heard of Sad Vacation long time ago, yet cannot find its release date, too. Some information can be found here, with the trailers.

lemoneko007

Post by lemoneko007 » Jun 19th, '07, 06:41

Squall_Ryuji wrote:Well, that y I said dunno how soon is it. I've heard of Sad Vacation long time ago, yet cannot find its release date, too. Some information can be found here, with the trailers.
Thanks for the link. The synopsis seems interesting. Read on baidu it has the same production month with Tokyo Tower, but Tokyo Tower had been released while this one...no idea. And たみおのしあわせ too! Which was made later than Sad vacation, but it's been released already.
I'm dl-ing yureru from mytorrent, but looking at the seeders...seems no luck. I just hope miracles happen and the speed increases somehow.

Btw know the english title for this movie さくらな人たち? It's the movie Joe will be directing! They will start the production at the end of the year, i think.

I am just about to watch Mushi-shi from tudou. Wish me luck to at least understand half of the movie :unsure:

Oh yea link for sad vacation trailer at youtube

Squall_Ryuji

Post by Squall_Ryuji » Jun 19th, '07, 10:13

lemoneko007 wrote: Btw know the english title for this movie さくらな人たち? It's the movie Joe will be directing! They will start the production at the end of the year, i think.
According to Sukachu, the English title is Looking for Cherry Blossoms

For yureru, you can watch it online at crunchyroll.com with English subtitles :whistling:

MedallionEchelon

Post by MedallionEchelon » Jul 27th, '07, 02:13

After watching Jikou Keisatsu, Odagiri Jo has become my favorite actor. I've been trying to collect most his movies that have been subtitled in English. I have a question to anyone who as seen HAZARD. I don't really know Japanese but I have read that some of the dialog is in English. Is the majority in English? Or would I really have to understand Japanese to get the movie? It looks like a great movie, and I would really like to watch it.

Squall_Ryuji

Post by Squall_Ryuji » Jul 27th, '07, 04:45

MedallionEchelon wrote:After watching Jikou Keisatsu, Odagiri Jo has become my favorite actor. I've been trying to collect most his movies that have been subtitled in English. I have a question to anyone who as seen HAZARD. I don't really know Japanese but I have read that some of the dialog is in English. Is the majority in English? Or would I really have to understand Japanese to get the movie? It looks like a great movie, and I would really like to watch it.
Hey how did you get Hazard? I cant find that movie anywhere :-( I think most of his movies/ drama are already had english subtitles : bright future (akarui mirai), satorare, mezon do himiko, sway (yureru), jikou keistatsu 1& 2, shinobi, azumi, scrap heaven, kamen rider kuuga, shinsengumi, princess racoon...

I'm still find the English sub of The Pavillion Salamandre and Kao :whistling:

Also because of Odagiri, I'm motivated to continue study Japanese :whistling:

MedallionEchelon

Post by MedallionEchelon » Jul 27th, '07, 05:04

I don't have HAZARD, yet. I'm just debating whether or not to get it. I'm just wondering if the movie is primarily in English

finiz

Post by finiz » Aug 15th, '07, 23:50

Squall_Ryuji wrote:
MedallionEchelon wrote:After watching Jikou Keisatsu, Odagiri Jo has become my favorite actor. I've been trying to collect most his movies that have been subtitled in English. I have a question to anyone who as seen HAZARD. I don't really know Japanese but I have read that some of the dialog is in English. Is the majority in English? Or would I really have to understand Japanese to get the movie? It looks like a great movie, and I would really like to watch it.
Hey how did you get Hazard? I cant find that movie anywhere :-( I think most of his movies/ drama are already had english subtitles : bright future (akarui mirai), satorare, mezon do himiko, sway (yureru), jikou keistatsu 1& 2, shinobi, azumi, scrap heaven, kamen rider kuuga, shinsengumi, princess racoon...

I'm still find the English sub of The Pavillion Salamandre and Kao :whistling:

Also because of Odagiri, I'm motivated to continue study Japanese :whistling:
Where can I find subs of Kamen Rider Kuuga? I've looked everywhere! O_o If its here, I can't find it. Thanks!

Squall_Ryuji

Post by Squall_Ryuji » Aug 16th, '07, 03:30

finiz wrote:Where can I find subs of Kamen Rider Kuuga? I've looked everywhere! O_o If its here, I can't find it. Thanks!
Hey it was very long time ago when i was still using eMule and i can only find around 4 esps... it's very difficult to find now... i think we should make a request to d-addict but dunno whether they wanna upload this or not... in some forum, kamen rider is listed under anime >"<

Btw... Is there anybody staying in singapore? I'm looking for Kamen Rider series yet they r no where can be found =.=

emrams

Post by emrams » Aug 16th, '07, 03:49

I have only ever been able to find the raws for eps 1-20. Never subs past ep 4. I always thought the anime subbing goupr TV-Nihon would have done it since it's done most of the other Kamen Rider shows, but alas no.

Squall_Ryuji

Post by Squall_Ryuji » Aug 16th, '07, 10:57

Ya it's kinda disappointed since other kamen rider series had been subbed, what so different between Kuuga and the other ? :(

finiz

Post by finiz » Aug 19th, '07, 14:00

Squall_Ryuji wrote:Ya it's kinda disappointed since other kamen rider series had been subbed, what so different between Kuuga and the other ? :(
Yeah, all the other Kamen Riders are so easy to find subbed. People should stop ignoring Kuuga! We need our Odagiri Jo! *shakes fist* XD

Also, apparently he's the spokesman in Japan for line of new cars. He's sporting the weirdest hair do's in this commercial. He just does flips and stuff in weird hair and clothes to equally weird music. O_o It took me a while to realize it was him!

Squall_Ryuji

Post by Squall_Ryuji » Aug 20th, '07, 02:02

finiz wrote:Also, apparently he's the spokesman in Japan for line of new cars. He's sporting the weirdest hair do's in this commercial. He just does flips and stuff in weird hair and clothes to equally weird music. O_o It took me a while to realize it was him!
Haha, it's normal... It's very hard to find his photo with a normal hairdo and dressing style :) that's why i love all his movie from a few years ago like satorare, kao,...

Hey btw, i just bought his book "four years ago"... it's nice with all his photos from four years ago, basically from the movie hazard... he was very handsome, but some pics are very blurry :whistling:

ninjabunny

Post by ninjabunny » Aug 29th, '07, 04:43

yeah what's up with him and his hair dos?

I love self-expression and stuff but there comes a point where it is too distracting. Like he insists on speaking through his hair that he's different; he's an individual. (Well Jo, so is everyone else.) It totally takes away his natural beauty. Granted, he shouldn't appear the way I want him to or how others want him to. But sometimes it is way too much. He tries to make a statement but maybe he overshoots it.

I don't even watch anything like press interview, promo or cm stuff of his anymore. I simply watch his movies and enjoy his acting.

Squall_Ryuji

Post by Squall_Ryuji » Aug 31st, '07, 17:50

Well, no matter how weird his hair is, he's still very handsome, ne ;)

Btw, I've found some of his clips on tudou.com But I dunno how to register and download the clip since I cant read chinese. Can anyone show me how to download those clips? Here's the link

http://www.tudou.com/search/programs/?p ... comefrom=1

Hazard and Mushishi were there, too :D

finiz

Post by finiz » Oct 1st, '07, 22:59

Hmm...I can have my friend look at the site. She's chinese, so I'm pretty sure she'll be able to figure out. XD
Also, does anyone know where I can find his movies and stuff? I know where to find his detective show and Pole star, I've seen Satoare (This is when I fell in love with Jo Odagiri! First J-drama I ever saw! LOVED IT!) and Shinobi, but where do you find his other stuff like Scrap Heaven, Big River, Shinsengumi, Princess Racoon, or Mushishi? Is it all on here? Thanks. :)

finiz

Post by finiz » Oct 1st, '07, 23:00

Hmm...I can have my friend look at the site. She's chinese, so I'm pretty sure she'll be able to figure out. XD
Also, does anyone know where I can find his movies and stuff? I know where to find his detective show and Pole star, I've seen Satoare (This is when I fell in love with Jo Odagiri! First J-drama I ever saw! LOVED IT!) and Shinobi, but where do you find his other stuff like Scrap Heaven, Big River, Shinsengumi, Princess Racoon, or Mushishi? Is it all on here? Thanks. :)

Squall_Ryuji

Post by Squall_Ryuji » Oct 4th, '07, 15:12

finiz wrote:Hmm...I can have my friend look at the site. She's chinese, so I'm pretty sure she'll be able to figure out. XD
Ya, thank... there's loads of nice clips about him :cheers: i think u still can find shinsengumi here at d-addicts, but not sure about the rest.. i bought Princess Raccoon in Singapore :whistling: his films are quite difficult to find here, so I just grab without thinking wherever i see his movies on the shelves :mrgreen:

Big River is licenced so i dun think u can find it easily on the net :( but if u can, pls tell me, i wan that movie, too :D

ninjabunny

Post by ninjabunny » Oct 7th, '07, 09:54

emule is the best place to get hard to find stuff. emule is a p2p program. if you find the link of a specific movie and you click on it, it is certain that you'll download that file. No false files. I watch a lot of foreign films and i think asian cinema forum has the biggest collection of asian movies I have seen. Warning. emule is quiet slow. I can usually really slow. I can finish downloading a movie after a week.

Sukachu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Sukachu » Dec 30th, '07, 14:48

Odagiri is going to get married! He's going to marry Kashi Yu, she starred with him in 2005 in the movie The Pavillion Salamandre. So the rumours from a years ago were true! There were rumours about the two of them dating, but everyone denied it.

Here's more info:
http://www.japan-zone.com/news/2007/12/ ... _wed.shtml
http://www.japantoday.com/jp/shukan/318

ninjabunny

Post by ninjabunny » Dec 31st, '07, 01:08

I saw the news today. Kinda shocking cuz I always thought he's unobtainable. I didn't know they were dating but it seems like they have been for awhile. I guess they didn't really rush to the decision to get marry. Congratz to them and especially to the bride. Joe is like the finest bachelor in Japan.

arabian

Post by arabian » Jan 14th, '08, 20:54

Japanese Actor Jo Odagiri to Star in ‘Sad Dream
Award-winning director Kim Ki-duk chose Japanese actor Jo Odagiri and Korean actress Lee Na-young for his 15th movie "Bimong (Sad Dream)."

"Bimong," produced by Kim Ki-duk Film and Sponge Ent, is about two people who are connected by dreams. Jin (played by Jo Odagiri) is a guy who dreams because he cannot forget his ex-girlfriend. Ran (Lee Na-young) sleepwalks in accordance with Jin's dream. They meet at a traffic accident scene where Ran behaves consistently with Jin's dream.

Kim is known for his distinctive experimental cinematic works. He received Best Director awards in 2004 at two film festivals, for two of his films. At the Berlin International Film Festival, he won an award for "Samaria" (2004) while at the Venice Film Festival he took one for "3-Iron" (2004). However, some of his movies are controversial due to their depiction of the abuse of women and animal cruelty.

Odagiri, 31, is a Japanese actor who studied acting in California State University. Debuting in the drama "Kamen Rider Kuuga" (2000), Odagiri made a name for himself as a star in Korea through the movie "House of Himiko" (2005) and "Tokyo Tower" (2007).

Prominent actress Lee, 28, is said to have brought a new look to the Korean film industry. She won the Best Actress award at the 25th Blue Dragon Film Awards for her role in "Someone Special" (2004). Her last appearance was in the movie "Maundy Thursday" (2006). Lee played the character of a suicidal young woman who regularly visits a convicted murderer awaiting execution.

The movie started filming Jan. 4 in Seoul and is to be completed by the end of this month. The director, Kim, is famous for his low budget films and short shooting periods. It will be released in May.
Japanese actor Joe Odagiri began the New Year working with the Korean director Kim Ki-duk on the movie “Bimong,” the film’s distributor Sponge House announced last week.
Odagiri, 31, is known for both his handsome looks and choice of independent films. Kim, 48, is best known for his controversial style and stories. He’s known as the “libertine” of the Korean independent film scene, and his movies have both pleased and enraged critics.
In Bimong, which means “sad dreams,” Odagiri has frequent nightmares about his girlfriend who has disappeared. He then meets another woman (Lee Na-young) who, by some strange quirk of the space-time continuum, gets stuck in one of Odagiri’s hellish dreams. It’s as if his nightmares control the poor woman.
Odagiri made a name for himself in quality independent films such as “La Maison de Himiko (The House of Himiko),” which was directed by Isshin Inudou in 2005. In that film, Odagiri stars as a beautiful gay man.
Roles like that have built a small yet firm fan base for Odagiri in Korea.
credit to soompi..

GacktLoveAngel

Post by GacktLoveAngel » Jan 27th, '08, 14:34

I recently saw him in Azumi and thought he was really great in there. Also the way he looked, I really loved his look there.
I dunno a lot about his other movies, but I'll be happy to watch in more of his works.

Mirokujin

Post by Mirokujin » Jun 11th, '09, 09:16

man, I'm badly in love with him~

I wonder why there are no big English forums or websites for him. He's one of the very few hot/charming/handsome/cool men living on this planet~;P

will bring something here later

Mirokujin

Post by Mirokujin » Jun 11th, '09, 09:22

in his new movie Plastic City

poster

Mirokujin

Post by Mirokujin » Jun 11th, '09, 09:26

this new Canon CM is killing me~

Trailer of his recent movie Sad Dream
http://www.hi-mu.jp/trailer/index.html

poster (don't really like the poster...)

some mag pics

Mirokujin

Post by Mirokujin » Jun 17th, '09, 05:08

some CM posters of him

Karato

Post by Karato » Jul 24th, '09, 02:34

il faut dire que j'ai le 9100 d'un coté et le porte monaie de l'autre

sonnerie portable mp3 - Sonnerie portable MP3 est en effet unpouvoir de l'innovation technologique. Êtes-vous familier avec cette sonnerie portable?