Yamaguchi Tomoko

Discuss about your favourite Japanese Actors and Actresses
zindaka

Yamaguchi Tomoko

Post by zindaka » Jul 28th, '06, 16:19

i just finished watching Long Vacation, and really enjoyed her performance in it.

[img]http://wiki.d-addicts.com/static/images ... omoko1.jpg[/img]

She hasnt been in any drama lately, anyone know why? It might be b/c she is about 42 now, but im just wondering.

Also, what other dramas is she in that i can find subbed.
I know of, double kitchen and the resteraunt one. anyone know anything else?

Gir

Post by Gir » Jul 28th, '06, 16:29

I only know of those dramas too, (as subbed that is).

I would really like to see more of her dramas, especially "29-sai no Kurisumasu".

But I'm not really that big a Tomoko fan....nope not at all. :P :lol

yt_toshi
Virgin Islands (USA)

Re: Yamagychi Tomoko

Post by yt_toshi » Aug 1st, '06, 04:41

zindaka wrote:She hasnt been in any drama lately, anyone know why? It might be b/c she is about 42 now, but im just wondering.
The last drama she did was in 2004 was called "Mukouda Kuniko's love story" (only one episode), but I think it might be her age and probably the roles available to her, which might explain why she hasn't been on dramas lately. Also, she still has some staying power, but nothing like the past, when she was on top of her game before marrying Toshiaki Karasawa (another good actor) and going into semi-retirement in 1996.
Also, what other dramas is she in that i can find subbed.
I know of, double kitchen and the resteraunt one. anyone know anything else?
That restaurant drama is called "Ohsama no resutoran". As for other dramas that have English subs in it, there's none that currently exist at the moment (unless someone wants to sub "Mou dare mo aisanai" since it's already available here).

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Aug 1st, '06, 05:58

I think she got more and more beautiful, but she's not the sexy type ( charming would be more appropriate) so she won't be very popular amongst the drama fans who watch to satisfy their libido/fantasies ( mostly the teenagers audience).

i'd like to see "29 sai... "and "mou dare mo..." too. :-(

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jul 8th, '07, 08:51

Wow poor tomoko her thread hasnt had a lot of life.
I must say Ive only seen her in Long Vacation but that was enough to make her become one of my fav actresses I thought she was awsome!

doink-chan
United States of America

Post by doink-chan » Mar 6th, '08, 06:10

Yorokobi wrote:Wow poor tomoko her thread hasnt had a lot of life.
I must say Ive only seen her in Long Vacation but that was enough to make her become one of my fav actresses I thought she was awsome!
Yeah...I liked her performance in Long Vacation too ^^

Anyway, here is an old commercial for OS/2 with Tomoko in it. The BGM music is pretty catchy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5Vtd1VRQx0

yt_toshi
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by yt_toshi » Mar 6th, '08, 06:45

Here's a recent article I found of Yamaguchi Tomoko, which discusses about her recent actions on some television programs. Not the kind of thing I would like to read about, but just happen to stumble upon it today :-(

http://mdn.mainichi.jp/culture/waiwai/f ... 1000c.html

RetroHelix
Germany

Post by RetroHelix » Oct 19th, '11, 16:54

I watched Double Kitchen not long ago and also finished a second watch of Long Vacation last year. At the moment I'm watching Ousama no Restaurant. These are only three dramas but in each of them Yamaguchi Tomoko has a very lovable character AND her acting is very good. So this post is in appreciation of her.
I would like to see 29-sai no Kurisumasu subbed but judging from the jdorama.com votes it seems its not that great anyway. Gogatsu no Kaze would be nice too even if Yamaguchi does not play the leading role (Suzuki Honami has it :-)). Sweet Home looks nice too.

Somehow the older doramas are more for my liking than the actual ones. Maybe the drama restoration project of xaxa will bring more classics to us.

bunnydancer

Post by bunnydancer » Jun 21st, '12, 00:49

I love her :D It's a shame this thread is so bare.
Double Kitchen is a classic. On my 3rd rewatch currently. Hilarious! Great acting from all.
Long Vacation was very addicting to watch.
I really would like to see Sweet Home. I love family dramas.
Tomoko please return to tv! Your fans miss you <3

nikniknik

Post by nikniknik » Jun 21st, '12, 01:06

^She is..........

Yamaguchi Tomoko to star in her first drama in 16 years

It has been announced actress Yamaguchi Tomoko will come back to star in a new Fuji TV’s drama series as a wife of the lead role, Abe Hiroshi. The yet-to-be-titled drama is scheduled to air from October, every Tuesday at 10:00 PM.

This will be Yamaguchi’s first time starring in a drama in 16 years, after popular drama ‘Long Vacation‘(1996) which marked the audience rating of 36.7% as a highest figure.

Regarding her co-star Abe, she commented, “I want to jump into Abe-san’s generosity, kindness and warmth.” Abe responded with smile, “[Yamaguchi] is a nice person who is always natural and relaxed. Since it will be her first time in 16 years to star in a drama series, I am happy that I can co-star with very fresh feeling.”

The drama features the original script written by film director Koreeda Hirokazu, his first script for a drama series. Koreeda is famous for the movie ‘Dare mo Shiranai Nobody Knows‘, for which Yagira Yuya won the Best Actor Award at the Cannes Film Festival (2004).

The drama follows the story of a fortysome-year-old salesman (Abe)’s strugles with troubles of his parents, wife (Yamaguchi) and child. This will be Koreeda’s third time working with Abe, following the movies ‘Aruitemo Aruitemo‘(2008) and ‘Kiseki” (2011). Together, they will create a family drama which will make viewers both laugh and cry.

Yamaguchi commented about the script, saying, “When I read the script, I was like, ‘Interesting! I want to see more as soon as possible!” Since I like a work that’s full of dreams and hope, I am happy to join such a drama.”

She continued, “I really sympathize with the drama’s hidden theme, ‘That which is visible isn’t everything.’ I want to create the drama where we can touch everybody and make them laugh.”

http://www.tokyohive.com/2012/06/yamagu ... -16-years/

bunnydancer

Post by bunnydancer » Jun 21st, '12, 01:16

That's wonderful!
I'm very happy to know she's back.
The drama sounds very interesting as well. I look forward to seeing her and Abe Hiroshi this fall.

RetroHelix
Germany

Post by RetroHelix » Jun 21st, '12, 06:09

NICE! I have to watch this.

This made my day a bit brighter :D