Favourite guy: An-An magazine poll

Discuss about your favourite Japanese Actors and Actresses
ibara

Favourite guy: An-An magazine poll

Post by ibara » Oct 12th, '06, 01:38

"It's lucky 13 for actor and SMAP member Kimura Takuya (33). He's been chosen as Japan's favorite guy for the 13th year in a row by readers of women's magazine an.an. He was way ahead of No.2 choice, singer Fukuyama Masaharu (37). As usual, SMAP dominated the rankings, with Nakai Masahiro (#3), Kusanagi Tsuyoshi (#6), Katori Shingo (# 8 ) and Inagaki Goro (#9) all in the Top 10. Two other Johnny's Jimusho artists and a pair of "ikemen" (handsome) actors completed the ranking."

1. Kimura Takuya
2. Fukuyama Masaharu
3. Nakai Masahiro
4. Okada Yuichi
5. Kamenashi Kazuya
6. Kusanagi Tsuyoshi
7. Tsumabuki Atsushi
8. Katori Shingo
9. Inagaki Goro
10. Sakaguchi Kenji

http://www.japan-zone.com/news/archives ... 0_12.shtml

I know these magazine and TV polls are a dime a dozen, and probably say more about the readers of An-An than the personalities who were ranked in the poll, but I thought it was kind of funny how Kimura has held the throne for 13 years running. He seems to be like the Ken Jennings... or the Candice Bergen... or the Chucky doll... etc... of magazine polls in general.

I was wondering who #7 was. Satoshi Tsumabuki? So, that is what "ikemen" means!

Also, not sure if #4 is the other Johnny's guy. Even though SMAP was part of Johnny's stable, it is interesting how the general saturation of Jrs across TV genres doesn't seem to have that great an impact on the reported popularity of male celebrities.

Was also was surprised by inclusion of #10 and #5.

groink

Post by groink » Oct 12th, '06, 02:33

You go Fukuyama Masaharu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KOUUUUUUUUUUUUUME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Johnny's Jimusho is such a strong machine in the geinokai... I'm glad a non-Johnny was able to break into the Johnny's bunch. What is the demographic of an-an magazine anyway? Fukuyama really hasn't done much other than record and write music the last few years. I'm surprised these women still have them in their minds.

--- groink

japysia

Re: Favourite guy: An-An magazine poll

Post by japysia » Oct 12th, '06, 03:58

ibara wrote:"It's lucky 13 for actor and SMAP member Kimura Takuya (33). He's been chosen as Japan's favorite guy for the 13th year in a row by readers of women's magazine an.an. He was way ahead of No.2 choice, singer Fukuyama Masaharu (37). As usual, SMAP dominated the rankings, with Nakai Masahiro (#3), Kusanagi Tsuyoshi (#6), Katori Shingo (# 8 ) and Inagaki Goro (#9) all in the Top 10. Two other Johnny's Jimusho artists and a pair of "ikemen" (handsome) actors completed the ranking."

1. Kimura Takuya
2. Fukuyama Masaharu
3. Nakai Masahiro
4. Okada Yuichi
5. Kamenashi Kazuya
6. Kusanagi Tsuyoshi
7. Tsumabuki Atsushi
8. Katori Shingo
9. Inagaki Goro
10. Sakaguchi Kenji

http://www.japan-zone.com/news/archives ... 0_12.shtml

I know these magazine and TV polls are a dime a dozen, and probably say more about the readers of An-An than the personalities who were ranked in the poll, but I thought it was kind of funny how Kimura has held the throne for 13 years running. He seems to be like the Ken Jennings... or the Candice Bergen... or the Chucky doll... etc... of magazine polls in general.

I was wondering who #7 was. Satoshi Tsumabuki? So, that is what "ikemen" means!

Also, not sure if #4 is the other Johnny's guy. Even though SMAP was part of Johnny's stable, it is interesting how the general saturation of Jrs across TV genres doesn't seem to have that great an impact on the reported popularity of male celebrities.

Was also was surprised by inclusion of #10 and #5.
1) #4 is Okada Junichi from V6.
2) Satoshi Tsumabuki is a no.1 young actor(wakate haiyuu) in Japan now.(surprised you don't know him)
3)Sakaguchi Kenji is always in top 10 for any ranking and Kamenashi Kazuya is very popular in Japan nowadays.
4)Fukuyama Masaharu is a kimura takuya's no.1 rival for any ranking and he won some of them.

Full List:
1. Kimura Takuya - 7723 votes
2. Fukuyama Masaharu - 6089 votes
3. Nakai Masahiro - 5271 votes
4. Okada Junichi - 4820 votes
5. Kamenashi Kazuya - 3362 votes
6. Kusanagi Tsuyoshi - 2927 votes
7. Tsumabuki Satoshi - 2713 votes
8. Katori Shingo - 2612 votes
9. Inagaki Goro - 2491 votes
10.Sakaguchi Kenji - 2154 votes
11.Hideaki Takizawa - 1933 votes
12.Yamashita Tomohisa - 1834 votes
13.Nagase Tomoya - 1323 votes
14.Odagiri Joe - 1155 votes
15.Domoto Koichi -1096 votes
16.Domoto Tsuyoshi - 910 votes
17.Akanishi Jin - 853 votes
18.Ninomiya Kazunari - 755 votes
19.Koike Teppei - 722 votes
20.Nishikido Ryo - 683 votes
21.Hayami Mokomichi - 643 votes
22.Eita - 609 votes
23.Sakurai Sho - 592 votes
24.Hiroshi Tamaki - 576 votes
25.Tsukamoto Takashi - 523 votes
26.Matsumoto Jun - 461 votes
27.Wentz Eiji - 397 votes
28.Narimiya Hiroki - 373 votes
29.Tanaka Koki - 344 votes
30.Koide Keisuke - 331 votes

FruitChaat

Post by FruitChaat » Oct 12th, '06, 15:53

ooo thanks for sharing the full list
YAY kame!!! <3
lots and lots of hot johnny's boys ;D
woah..even koki made it in =D[#29]

oberon

Post by oberon » Oct 12th, '06, 18:17

I thought that matsumoto was a lot more popular in Japan. I didn't expect him to be lower than ninomiya and sho ( but perhaps this is because they are in a movie)

TIticamara

Post by TIticamara » Oct 12th, '06, 18:29

No takeshi kaneshiro? How could they do that.?

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Oct 12th, '06, 18:38

Since I have adored Kimurasan for years I am quite happy to see him at the top. Something about him when you see him as himself.. as well as the actor and entertainer.

Sakeguchi Kenji is quite a charmer. Very good looking and a good actor. Not as flamboyant as some actors, so he doesn't get all the publicity. He was a supporting actor to Kimura in the drama 'PRIDE'. Did a fine job and very effective emotionally in the role.

Nakai is very funny guy and more talented than is realised at times.

Kasanagi does not stir my blood at all. He is nice to look at..interesting face. Still have not seen him as an actor yet.

Peg

mhaellix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by mhaellix » Oct 12th, '06, 18:43

wow, kimutaku is still unbeatable. Thanks for the full list. Glad to see that atleast YamaP and Ryo is in. Hmm.. I thought Jun was more popular, too. Tegoshi and Koyama's not in, too. I would think Tego's getting a lot more attention than Ryo. on another note Massu will probably never get in this list. lol.

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Oct 13th, '06, 08:09

Fukuyama Masahiro has been in top 3 in every ranking I've seen. seriously! he's still so popular and he sure deserves it! :wub:

yay for Ken-chan :heart: he's my fav from the guys in top 10 <3

Popdog

Post by Popdog » Oct 13th, '06, 08:34

Surprising that Keita Tachibana was not included.

japysia

Post by japysia » Sep 4th, '07, 03:12

Kimura Takuya Top Dog Yet Again September 04, 2007

SMAP member Kimura Takuya (34) has been chosen as Japan's most popular guy for an amazing 14th straight year. The annual survey has been carried out by women's magazine "anan" since 1988, and Kimutaku has been on top since 1994, the year he came of age. He also has a 13-year streak going in another annual poll as the man most women "would like to sleep with". He has managed to build a successful acting career in parallel with SMAP's ongoing popularity. He has starred in just about all the most popular TV dramas of the last decade, and the movie adaptation of one, Fuji TV's "Hero", is set to open in theaters this weekend. He has also shown his talent in more 'serious' roles, such as the lead in Yamada Yoji's 2006 samurai drama "Bushi no Ichibun". Kimutaku is of course just the brightest in the Johnny's Jimusho galaxy of male stars, and they make up 18 of the survey's Top 30 most popular males.
--japan-zone--

1. Kimura Takuya - 7484 votes
2. Fukuyama Masaharu - 6960 votes
3. Nakai Masahiro - 5372 votes
4. Okada Junichi - 4917 votes
5. Matsumoto Jun- 3788 votes
6. Katori Shingo - 3576 votes
7. Tsumabuki Satoshi - 2552 votes
8. Akanishi Jin - 2216 votes
9. Inagaki Goro - 2188 votes
10.Kamenashi Kazuya - 1744 votes
11.Kusanagi Tsuyoshi
12.Hideaki Takizawa
13.Odagiri Joe
14.Yamashita Tomohisa
15.Domoto Koichi
16.Nagase Tomoya
17.Hayami Mokomichi
18.Ninomiya Kazunari
19.Oguri Shun
20.Sakaguchi Kenji
21.Sakurai Sho
22.Nishikido Ryo
23.Koike Teppei
24.Tamaki Hiroshi
25. Domoto Tsuyoshi
26.Eita
27.Okura Tadayoshi
28.Narimiya Hiroki
29.Matsuda Shota
30.Koide Keisuke
Last edited by japysia on Sep 4th, '07, 05:19, edited 1 time in total.

aishoni2

Post by aishoni2 » Sep 4th, '07, 05:01

5. Matsumoto Jun- 3788 votes [his hard work paid off. Good for him :thumleft: ]
18.Ninomiya Kazunari [the lil' hollywood star is loved by the masses!]
21.Sakurai Sho [a newscaster, Keio grad, actor, singer, rapper, idol, & babysitter :) ]

YEAH! YEAH! YEAH!
Last edited by aishoni2 on Sep 4th, '07, 06:03, edited 1 time in total.

groink

Post by groink » Sep 4th, '07, 05:05

Fukuyama Masaharu is still up there! I believe that he should be the male role model for today's youth. KOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUME!!!!!!! KOYUUUUUUUUUKI!!!!!!

--- groink

wachi

Post by wachi » Sep 4th, '07, 05:09

That's a big jump for Jun!
Kimutaku, as always, not surprised.

The list is almost exactly the same with the same people.. just different rankings.

Magalamb

Post by Magalamb » Sep 4th, '07, 05:39

Funny that Jin Akanishi's popularity has gone up and Kamenashi's has gone down... by like a third. Probably why Akanishi's in a fall drama and Kamenashi hasn't been in anything since Tatta Hitotsu no Koi. Which is a pity because, judging Akanishi by Anego, he still has a lot to learn before he's as good an actor as Kamenashi...

pearls of light

Post by pearls of light » Sep 4th, '07, 16:52

yaaay~~~!!!!
jin in no.7 well i hope the next time he will b no.1 *koiiiiiiiiiiiii*

any way domo 4 the rate

aishoni2

Post by aishoni2 » Sep 5th, '07, 06:38

An-An poll Sub Categories (credits to rin.vox.com)... Arashi only, sorry ^^;;;. That's all I have for now.

- Cute Guys:
# 1 - Ninomiya Kazunari (Sasuga Nino)
# 3 - Aiba Masaki
# 5 - Ohno Satoshi

- I want to be held (hug) by:
# 4: Matsumoto Jun

- I want to hold (hug):
# 5 - Ninomiya Kazunari

- I want him to be my lover:
# 4: Matsumoto Jun

- I want to be friends with him:
# 2: Aiba Masaki

- Good Style:
# 5 - Matsumoto Jun

anybody got the full list of the sub categories?

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Sep 5th, '07, 08:35

Okura is 27th... awww don't worry baby, you're #4 on my list hihihi

oh I wonder when I can take the categories from... is it on anan's page? coz the mag will show up next month and I don't wanna wait this long XDDDD

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Sep 6th, '07, 03:18

yamatsumi wrote:Okura is 27th... awww don't worry baby, you're #4 on my list hihihi
@Ania: Tacchon's #4 on your list??? who's number 3?? could it be Toma?

I know 1 & 2 are Minwoo Oppa and Baru though (or vice versa)~ XD

gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by gunjourui » Sep 6th, '07, 07:44

lol joanna! am so obvious XDDDDD I did the whole 1-20 ranking at lj XDDD but I fail so much!!! I totally forgot about Toma! I only thought of him when Van mentioned him on her list :doh: I think I will just go and change one of the names haha

anyway, it seems like anan is out already? I saw scans at Vendy's buuu I heard the ranking was going to be in October's issue and I wanted to get it >_<

YamapisWifey

Post by YamapisWifey » Sep 6th, '07, 07:52

wow I thought Yamashita would be a bit higher but awesome Kame beat him! Amazing.

Im quite surprised at some of these choices lol =X I wonder how Jin's popularity surpassed Kame. He was hiatus for half a year ! O_O Eh goro? XD
Kimura will always be BEST!

Yes Anan september issue is out. Cant wait to get it tmr

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Sep 6th, '07, 08:24

Re Kimura...Ichiban always.

He was awarded Best Actor Award last week by the Seoul Awards which is an annual event for film and drama and is for all countries...not just in Asia.

He got top honours for his performance in ' Karei naru Ichizoku ' (the Grand Family)

This is being shown in prime time on Los Angeles TV on Saturday nights for the next ten weeks. He is tremendous in this drama. The whole cast is wonderful.

Peggy

YamapisWifey

Post by YamapisWifey » Sep 6th, '07, 09:44

OMG are you serious? I'm so happy channel 18 is going to show his last drama. I seriously cried a river watching it. And I love the twistedness of the story and financial banking, my industry :thumright:

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Sep 23rd, '07, 01:15

I think it is third episode tonight. Maybe fourth. Not sure. anyway it is on at 8pm till 9. I wish they did not have so many commercial interruptions. I do have the DVD which a chinggu sent me from Malaysia..but have not played it yet. I have watched some of it with all Japanese and it is indeed the most powerful story and Kimura san is just great this time.

Peg

Laurenski

Post by Laurenski » Sep 25th, '07, 22:34

Not surprised most of them are Johnny's. It kinda makes me sick though...

I'm sad Ito Hideaki didn't make the list, especially comparing him to who did...wow.