Toyokawa Etsushi Thread

Discuss about your favourite Japanese Actors and Actresses
kayekiro

Toyokawa Etsushi Thread

Post by kayekiro » Jan 22nd, '07, 07:15

Well, I'm quite supprised that the thread of ToyoEtsu is not made yet.
Toyokawa Etsushi(ToyoEtsu) is one of the best Japanese Actors, imo. Nowadays he is focusing more on movies, but his jdramas were classic too.
Last year he was in Bengoshi no Kuzu with Ito Hideaki. It's quite surprising to see ToyoEtsu acting in such a comedy way but he just did great. The story of Bengoshi no Kuzu was not that superb but ToyoEtsu's acting is good enough. He and Ito Hideaki formed one of the funniest pair on Japanese TV (and maybe one of the tallest pair too :mrgreen: ).
About other classic dramas, Aoi Tori (L'oiseau Bleu) is a beautiful drama and the story was very well formed. Aishiteru To Itte Kure is romantic and ToyoEtsu was so charming though he barely spoke one word in the whole drama...
BTW, ToyoEtsu's voice is very nice, too.
Among his movies, I'd like to recommend Hasami otoko, aka. The Man Behind the Scissors. And Inochi, his performance is one of the strongest I've ever seen on screen.

marnnoi

Post by marnnoi » Apr 3rd, '08, 18:00

I'm one of his fan ^^, I'm so happy to find his Thread here ^^

I became his fan since I watched Aishiteru to Ittekure, then I tried to find his work.

I love his eyes, his eyes expression , It's so powerful ^^.

I'd like to recommend .....
Bengoshi no Kuzu ---> Its plot was ordinary but Toyotsu's acting was very great!
Aoi Tori
Aishiteru to Itterkure
Love Story ----> I think he was quite cute in this role
Love Letter
It's only talk -----> I like its plot

surpur

Post by surpur » Sep 2nd, '09, 18:13

Only one reply for this great actor?
He would make e lot of Hollywood's actors look rather misserable...

BTW he is also staring in the new movie trilogy "20th Century Boys" :cheers:

ingesz

Post by ingesz » Feb 18th, '11, 02:39

now I'm following drama Gou ~Himetachi no Sengoku~ .. and first saw his acting in this drama ..:D

he is really charming i think, that make this drama more interesting at least until his dead as Oda Nobunaga in episode 5
:cry: :cry:

i'm surely waithing his new project (probably with Ueno Juri, again) :P

islena

Post by islena » Feb 22nd, '11, 00:52

Actually, I became a fan recently after watching Aoitori, Aishiteru to Ittekure, Love Story, 10 Promises to my dog, and Love letter, just to mention a few. I had watched the movie No Way Back with Toyoetsu and Russell Crow, but I had no idea of Toyoetsu. I love his acting in every drama. He is very talented. A great icon of Japanese television. I can't wait to view more of his dramas/movies. I also am very very happy that I discovered this forum.

Ken Sanada

Post by Ken Sanada » Mar 1st, '11, 11:48

It' a pity for me not to see him in tha drama"Gou Himetachi no Sengoku"

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Mar 9th, '11, 22:47

I really enjoy mature male leads like Toyokawa Etsushi! I hope to see more of his dramas. So far I have only seen Aishiteiru to Ittekure, so I am looking forward to more of his dramas. I think he is so hot! :heart:

toyotaku

Post by toyotaku » Mar 9th, '11, 23:52

iluvasiandrama wrote: I think he is so hot! :heart:
You're not alone... :alcoholic:

YouTube vid of the cm and it's interesting to watch him work in the making of vid

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Mar 10th, '11, 00:49

:D I never understand what's so fascinating about vamps but that video was HOOOTT! Is he is in anything recent, that's good can you recommend?

7th-key

Post by 7th-key » Mar 10th, '11, 19:20

Ooh, cool CM and making of, I like vampires. :mrgreen:

I was impressed by Etsushi-san as Nobunaga in , the previews alone where enough: quite the presence and awesome voice!

I've now seen:
Aoi Tori: which I think is quite a poetic drama.
Bengoshi no Kuzu: entertaining. Etsushi-san's has enough charm to make even an often extremely gross character actually funny.
Aishiteiru Ittekure: again good performance, but I found the female main character too annoying.

I'd like too see Et Alors (2003) also starring Kimura Yoshino and Mizukawa Asami. Btw. has anybody seen it, how is it?

EDIT: @ingesz: I'd like to see him acting again with Ueno Juri, too. :thumright:

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Mar 11th, '11, 02:12

7th-key wrote:Ooh, cool CM and making of, I like vampires. :mrgreen:

I was impressed by Etsushi-san as Nobunaga in , the previews alone where enough: quite the presence and awesome voice!

I've now seen:
Bengoshi no Kuzu: entertaining. Etsushi-san's has enough charm to make even an often extremely gross character actually funny.
Aishiteiru Ittekure: again good performance, but I found the female main character too annoying.

I'd like too see Et Alors (2003) also starring Kimura Yoshino and Mizukawa Asami. Btw. has anybody seen it, how is it?

EDIT: @ingesz: I'd like to see him acting again with Ueno Juri, too. :thumright:
He co-starred with Ueno Juri, really? What drama/movie was it, was it a romance comedy? I would love to hear a review of it from someone please :clap:

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Mar 11th, '11, 02:38

Toyokawa Etsushi is pretty busy these days and look how he is so versatile! He can transform his look and is still very handsome! :wub:

I think he looks so HOT here :wub:

ingesz

Post by ingesz » Mar 11th, '11, 20:42

iluvasiandrama wrote:Toyokawa Etsushi is pretty busy these days and look how he is so versatile! He can transform his look and is still very handsome! :wub:
kakkoi ojii-san :P

ingesz

Post by ingesz » Mar 11th, '11, 20:43

iluvasiandrama wrote:
7th-key wrote:Ooh, cool CM and making of, I like vampires. :mrgreen:

I've now seen:

He co-starred with Ueno Juri, really? What drama/movie was it, was it a romance comedy? I would love to hear a review of it from someone please :clap:
taiga drama Gou ~Himetachi no Sengoku~ lots of scenes with Juri-chan :wub: :wub: :wub:

ingesz

Post by ingesz » Mar 11th, '11, 20:48

7th-key wrote: I'd like too see Et Alors (2003) also starring Kimura Yoshino and Mizukawa Asami. Btw. has anybody seen it, how is it?
waaw, playing with "Hatsu" :P
he was in the same Movie with Mizukawa Asami too --> "Good Husband"

Oda and Hatsu had affair :w00t:

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Mar 11th, '11, 20:48

Thanks ingesz :D. I will put that one on my list to watch! I can't wait to see it! :lol

7th-key

Post by 7th-key » Mar 11th, '11, 21:02

iluvasiandrama wrote:
7th-key wrote:EDIT: @ingesz: I'd like to see him acting again with Ueno Juri, too. :thumright:
He was in the first 5 episodes of this year's Taiga Gou ~ Himetachi no Sengoku, discussion thread: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_86481.htm.
Etsushi-san plays Oda Nobunaga, Juri-chan the lead role, Gou, who's Nobunaga's niece.
They have a lot of good scene together, but being that the taiga follows Gou's life from childhood until death, Juri-chan's character is still a kid.

EDIT: uch, ingesz was faster at answering ;)

ingesz

Post by ingesz » Mar 11th, '11, 21:13

7th-key wrote: EDIT: uch, ingesz was faster at answering ;)
:P

i really am want to watch "a good husband" Toyoetsu and Mizukawa Asami ... :lol
but i think there's still no torrent yet 8)

islena

I agree! The kind of actor that can play any role!

Post by islena » Mar 12th, '11, 03:02

ingesz wrote:
iluvasiandrama wrote:Toyokawa Etsushi is pretty busy these days and look how he is so versatile! He can transform his look and is still very handsome! :wub:
kakkoi ojii-san :P

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Mar 12th, '11, 03:23

7th-key wrote:
iluvasiandrama wrote:
7th-key wrote:EDIT: @ingesz: I'd like to see him acting again with Ueno Juri, too. :thumright:
He was in the first 5 episodes of this year's Taiga Gou ~ Himetachi no Sengoku, discussion thread: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_86481.htm.
Etsushi-san plays Oda Nobunaga, Juri-chan the lead role, Gou, who's Nobunaga's niece.
They have a lot of good scene together, but being that the taiga follows Gou's life from childhood until death, Juri-chan's character is still a kid.

EDIT: uch, ingesz was faster at answering ;)
:clap: I can't wait to see this one! My Etsushi-san is looking so "kakkoi ojii-san" (lol @ islena) :P and Juri-chan looks so bright and focused :cheers: Erhm hm, Saitou Takumi isn't looking too bad either :whistling: :mrgreen:

ingesz

Post by ingesz » Mar 12th, '11, 09:40

very rare to find his personal life,

I only know that he was married to a woman 12 years younger than him in 1997 and divorced in 2004, already had 2 children

June 18, 2004 @ http://www.japan-zone.com/news/2004/06/index.shtml

:whistling:

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Mar 12th, '11, 16:38

ingesz wrote:very rare to find his personal life,

I only know that he was married to a woman 12 years younger than him in 1997 and divorced in 2004, already had 2 children

June 18, 2004 @ http://www.japan-zone.com/news/2004/06/index.shtml

:whistling:
:unsure: Did you mean to say 12 years, really? :O Whoa... I don't know but maybe he is very serious and dedicated to his work more. :scratch: He seems so serious all the time and I have yet to see him in a comedy. Maybe he is the same way in personal life? I don't know but he is a bit mysterious... in a way Juri-chan always looks so serious too..even when she smiles I see her in more blank or serious looks when photographed. Just my observation. I think Etsushi-san is really into his work more than anything else, I could be wrong.

7th-key

Post by 7th-key » Mar 12th, '11, 17:03

^ about comedy: you'd have to watch Bengoshi no Kuzu XD

Image Image

EDIT: in the Gou picture a few posts earlier, the third person is Seto Koji. ;)

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Mar 12th, '11, 18:12

7th-key wrote:^ about comedy: you'd have to watch Bengoshi no Kuzu XD

Image Image

EDIT: in the Gou picture a few posts earlier, the third person is Seto Koji. ;)
Wow, look at my kakkoi ojii-san... he was really in a comedy?! :w000t: I'm looking for this one right now! BTW, Seto Koji is definitely a pretty boy :lol

islena

Post by islena » Mar 13th, '11, 02:38

You should also watch Love Story and Ten Promises I made to My Dog. Both are very good. My husband downloads the dramas but there are so many, and some do not have English subtitles. I have discovered many other good Japanese actors.

7th-key

Post by 7th-key » Mar 18th, '11, 17:05

Just finished Love Story
Liked it a lot, especially the witty dialogues, although I get the impression that lots gets lost in translation.
Etsushi-san and Nakayama Miho have quite good chemistry.

Pin Pon! :
Image XD
- from the first minutes of episode 1 -

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Mar 18th, '11, 17:17

7th-key wrote:Just finished Love Story
Liked it a lot, especially the witty dialogues, although I get the impression that lots gets lost in translation.
Etsushi-san and Nakayama Miho have quite good chemistry.

Pin Pon! :
Image XD
- from the first minutes of episode 1 -
This is movie or drama?

7th-key

Post by 7th-key » Mar 18th, '11, 17:22

iluvasiandrama wrote:This is movie or drama?
Drama. I wish they'd done also a special...

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Mar 18th, '11, 17:34

Only 11 episodes so that's good...I love Jdramas because they can get alot of story into 11 episodes. But Love Story was the one I couldn't find online last time I checked. They don't have streaming videos. I can't wait to see his upcoming drama for spring 2011. :lol

7th-key

Post by 7th-key » Mar 18th, '11, 18:40

iluvasiandrama wrote:Only 11 episodes so that's good...I love Jdramas because they can get alot of story into 11 episodes. But Love Story was the one I couldn't find online last time I checked. They don't have streaming videos.
not steam, but torrent:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_27782.htm
iluvasiandrama wrote:I can't wait to see his upcoming drama for spring 2011. :lol
Which drama?
I only know of a movie for July http://www.torisashi.com/
With that shaved pate though, not as attractive as Nobunaga :P

toyotaku

Post by toyotaku » Mar 18th, '11, 19:09

7th-key wrote:
iluvasiandrama wrote:Only 11 episodes so that's good...I love Jdramas because they can get alot of story into 11 episodes. But Love Story was the one I couldn't find online last time I checked. They don't have streaming videos.
not steam, but torrent:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_27782.htm
iluvasiandrama wrote:I can't wait to see his upcoming drama for spring 2011. :lol
Which drama?
I only know of a movie for July http://www.torisashi.com/
With that shaved pate though, not as attractive as Nobunaga :P
I'm not aware of a spring drama either. Any info?

"Hisshiken torisashi" was released last July and is already out on DVD. Forget his looks and just absorb what an excellent actor he is, one of the best in Japan. :-)

BTW, he just turned 49... his birthday is 18 March.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Mar 18th, '11, 20:05

My bad, Etsushi-san is already starring in Gou with Juri-chan which is airing now. I can't download torrents or video files to my computer but I can watch them online. Still unable to find Love Story streaming online. :-(
:alcoholic:

Isn't he a HOT 49-er!:heart:

ImageImage

ImageImage

islena

Love strory

Post by islena » Mar 19th, '11, 02:03

I loved that drama! I agree that these dramas are short and to the point. I am Hispanic and love the novelas or the Hispanic dramas. They're usually too long and end terribly. So I now watch japanese dramas.

islena

Love the pics!

Post by islena » Mar 19th, '11, 02:08

iluvasiandrama wrote:My bad, Etsushi-san is already starring in Gou with Juri-chan which is airing now. I can't download torrents or video files to my computer but I can watch them online. Still unable to find Love Story streaming online. :-(
:alcoholic:

Isn't he a HOT 49-er!:heart:

ImageImage

ImageImage
Love these pictures! Specially the one with his costar from Say you love me. Thanks for the pics again!

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Mar 19th, '11, 02:40

@islena - Say you love me is movie or drama please?

islena

Post by islena » Mar 19th, '11, 02:58

iluvasiandrama wrote:@islena - Say you love me is movie or drama please?
it is a drama 1995[/url]

islena

Post by islena » Mar 19th, '11, 03:03

islena wrote:
iluvasiandrama wrote:@islena - Say you love me is movie or drama please?
it is a drama 1995[/url]
It is Aisihiteru to ittekure

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Mar 19th, '11, 03:33

I thought that was it.:scratch: I saw that one a few years ago.

ingesz

Post by ingesz » Mar 19th, '11, 11:32

otanjyoubi omedetou gozaimasu Toyoetsu-san :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Oyakata-sama :wub:

islena

Post by islena » Mar 19th, '11, 13:58

ingesz wrote:otanjyoubi omedetou gozaimasu Toyoetsu-san :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

¡ Feliz cumpleaños! Togolesa san

islena

Post by islena » Mar 19th, '11, 14:00

islena wrote:
ingesz wrote:otanjyoubi omedetou gozaimasu Toyoetsu-san :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

¡ Feliz cumpleaños! Toyoetsu

7th-key

Post by 7th-key » Mar 19th, '11, 14:46

May I suggest trying to use the "post reply"-button at the bottom of the page rather than the "quote"-button? The thread will be cleaner. :)

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Mar 19th, '11, 18:45

NICE PIC!!! Woo Hoo! :cheers: I wonder if English subs are available for this one??

ingesz

Post by ingesz » Mar 19th, '11, 22:36

iluvasiandrama wrote:NICE PIC!!! Woo Hoo! :cheers: I wonder if English subs are available for this one??
yes, available :thumleft:

Liubeibei will translate it until the drama finish at episode 47 :salut:

here the sub http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_92078.htm Gou ~Himetachi no Sengoku~

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Mar 20th, '11, 15:49

@ingesz - I can't download files to my computer... I have to watch it online.

7th-key

Post by 7th-key » Mar 20th, '11, 16:06

BOSS! XD (CM)

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Mar 20th, '11, 16:15

@ 7th-key :w000t: Is that just a beverage CM or is that a drama/movie?

7th-key

Post by 7th-key » Mar 20th, '11, 16:28

^ I think one can fairly say that's a beverage CM... though it could be mistaken for a boxer-shorts CM. :mrgreen:

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Mar 20th, '11, 16:39

hehehe. Pretty hot :lol

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Apr 10th, '11, 22:35

Etsushi-san (standing on the left) at the 34th Japan Academy Awards. :D