MochaValencia

Hara Sachie

Post by MochaValencia » Feb 4th, '07, 10:18

Hara Sachie (原沙知絵)
[img]http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk50 ... Sachie.jpg[/img]
Birthdate: May 1, 1978 (Taurus)
Birthplace: Fukuoka, Japan
Height: 173 cm (5'8")
Debut year: 1996 (as model); 1997 (as actress, as Terao Hazuki in Beach Boys)
Movie debut: in LOVE SONG, 2001 (with Nakama Yukie and Ito Hideaki)

Representative works: Giragira (2008), Shichinin no Onna Bengoshi 1&2 (2006/2008), Isshou Wasurenai Monogatari (2006), Jyoou no Kyoushitsu (2005), Denchi ga Kireru Made (2004), Diamond Girl (2003), Taiho Shichauzo (2002), Shiroi Kage (2001), Cinderella wa Nemuranai (2000 - first lead role), Out (1999)

Official site
DramaWiki page
Japanese Wikipedia entry
Jdorama page

Hi everyone!

I've been watching Japanese dramas for only a few months now. I first saw Hara Sachie on Taiho Shichauzo (opposite Itoh Misaki). I've also seen her in Beach Boys, Jyoou no Kyoushitsu, Denchi ga Kireru Made and Isshou Wasurenai Monogatari lately. I think she's a great actress, very expressive, plus her role choices are pretty good.

I was wondering, how big is she in Japan? I haven't been seeing much info about her... and where could I find new photos?

Thanks!

*edited to add basic information
Last edited by MochaValencia on Feb 4th, '09, 02:55, edited 3 times in total.

reynardine

Post by reynardine » Feb 5th, '07, 14:49

I agree she's charming. I first saw her in Diamond Girl and have liked her ever since.

MochaValencia

Post by MochaValencia » May 16th, '07, 07:14

Could someone please give me an idea on what they're doing in this video? What's up with Sachie and Domoto Tsuyoshi? :blink
http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/9uou9QIeYIg/

Thanks! :lol

Ivanavi

Post by Ivanavi » Mar 8th, '08, 14:40

Hmm, I've seen this actress in Beach Boys. What kinds of roles have she played so far? I believe Beach Boys was her debut drama. How much has she improved since then?

MochaValencia

Post by MochaValencia » Mar 9th, '08, 14:45

Ivanavi wrote:Hmm, I've seen this actress in Beach Boys. What kinds of roles have she played so far? I believe Beach Boys was her debut drama. How much has she improved since then?
Oh wow, Ivanavi, you seem to have dug this thread up. Realized that it's been almost a year since my last post :whistling: :blink:

Ok, since Beach Boys, she has played (in no particular order) as a teacher (teachers, actually--day care and grade school), nurse, a lawyer (Shichinin no Onna Bengoshi.. hello, Season 2), a cop, office secretary, a prima ballerina turned caregiver, the only daughter of a hospital director, a deaf-mute, waitress, flower shop owner, now as a writer (Chiritotechin), and some more which I can't really say because I haven't seen everything in her filmography. To put it simply, she has tried quite a handful of different roles, from serious to goofy. She's also done voice acting. Ok, here: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Hara_Sachie, you'll find torrents of some of her listed titles here on d-addicts.

As for improvement, I'd say it was pretty painful to watch her in Beach Boys and Odoru Daisousasen. It was her debut year, right, so it was forgivable IMHO. I honestly think she found her niche in drama (try watching Shiroi Kage, Denchi ga Kirerumade and the specials) but she has no problem dealing with the kooky (haha) roles [Taiho Shichauzo (she also got to cry in this series) and Chiritotechin] . I honestly think she has improved a lot since ten years ago. I think she's very expressive, though I cannot say much if she can totally immerse herself in a role, transform herself or such. I've seen the expressions, but I really can't understand the lines sans the subs (plus I don't know her "image" in Japan), so I might be taking some things out of context.

Ok, I've unwittingly made a long post. Hope that answered your questions.
Last edited by MochaValencia on Mar 30th, '08, 12:56, edited 1 time in total.

Ivanavi

Post by Ivanavi » Mar 15th, '08, 03:15

MochaValencia wrote:Oh wow, Ivanavi, you seem to have dug this thread up. Realized that it's been almost a year since my last post :whistling: :blink:
Well, I did a search on actresses over 170cm tall. She came up and I remembered her from before.
as a teacher (teachers, actually--day care and grade school), nurse, a lawyer (Shichinin no Onna Bengoshi.. hello, Season 2), a cop, office secretary, a prima ballerina turned caregiver, the only daughter of a hospital director, a deaf-mute, waitress, flower shop owner, now as a writer (Chiritotechin), and some more
Interesting.. Say, what drama did she play a deaf-mute? I streamed some episodes of taiho Shichauzo where she was a cop who knew sign language. She definitely wusn't deaf there. <gg>

I think I'll download Shiroi Kage after Koyuki's Sasaki. I see takeuchi Yuko listed in that drama. Thanks.

What do others think? please?

MochaValencia

Post by MochaValencia » Mar 30th, '08, 13:05

Ivanavi wrote:Interesting.. Say, what drama did she play a deaf-mute? I streamed some episodes of taiho Shichauzo where she was a cop who knew sign language. She definitely wusn't deaf there. <gg>
The title's Shiawase no Shippo. It's here on DA as "Tail of Happiness." There are no seeders, unfortunately. I tried downloading episode 10 and got 91.6%, pretty decent except for the occasional blurs and skips. If you really want to see all the episodes, try using Google video search. The whole series sometimes pops up as a search result. I'm not really sure if the links are from youku.com.

MochaValencia

Post by MochaValencia » Apr 1st, '08, 23:29

Check out the POSTMAN premiere photos here: http://mainichi.jp/enta/geinou/graph/20 ... index.html
Scroll down to see the other pictures. Postman is Sachie Hara's latest film with Kazushige Nagashima and Kii Kitano.

And Shichinin no Onna Benghoshi 2's website has finally been updated: http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/7nin/
TV Asahi is airing reruns of the first season (15:00)

Looking forward to April 10 8)

Ivanavi

Post by Ivanavi » Apr 3rd, '08, 07:49

MochaValencia wrote:The title's Shiawase no Shippo. It's here on DA as "Tail of Happiness." There are no seeders, unfortunately. I tried downloading episode 10 and got 91.6%, pretty decent except for the occasional blurs and skips.
Found them in youku. arigato! Looks interesting. It's number 3 on my to-watch list now.
Check out the POSTMAN premiere photos here: http://mainichi.jp/enta/geinou/graph/20 ... index.html
...homina... Her legs... are hot... :notworthy: thanks for the link
And Shichinin no Onna Benghoshi 2's website has finally been updated: http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/7nin/
TV Asahi is airing reruns of the first season (15:00)
Oh wow, Saori Takizawa is also here. I'm not in Japan so I can't watch season1 on tv. I read around and found out about Keyhole tv but i can't get it to work properly. I'm almost done downloading the files from here. I hope I can figure out Keyhole before seson2 starts.

MochaValencia

Post by MochaValencia » Apr 10th, '08, 06:18

Ivanavi wrote:...homina... Her legs... are hot... :notworthy: thanks for the link

Oh wow, Saori Takizawa is also here. I'm not in Japan so I can't watch season1 on tv. I read around and found out about Keyhole tv but i can't get it to work properly. I'm almost done downloading the files from here. I hope I can figure out Keyhole before seson2 starts.
No problem. I just hope you're seeing beyond the legs and the height :roll Well, I'm female, so it's natural that I see the acting ability before the physical aspects (I just wish that I were as tall as her) :lol

I think you've gone through the Keyhole TV Discussion thread (http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_56753.htm). You should be getting update prompts for the software, btw. Use them. :-)

MochaValencia

Post by MochaValencia » Apr 30th, '08, 22:46

Happy birthday to Sachie Hara! :cheers:

She turns 30 today! You can send her birthday greetings through her official homepage: http://www.ken-on.co.jp/hara/index.html

And don't forget, episode 4 of Shichinin no Onna Bengoshi airs tonight at 9PM JST! :lol

xerox0

Post by xerox0 » May 7th, '08, 07:41

Anyone remember her from Omizu no Hanamichi & sequel?

clc_00_ca

Post by clc_00_ca » May 8th, '08, 05:57

I just saw Taiho Shichauzo. She act very well in there. Her dynamic with Itou Misaki was great to see. I love their friendship. I wonder in reality if they still keep in touch? I hope they do and maybe became very good friends. Is Sachi married yet?

MochaValencia

Post by MochaValencia » May 9th, '08, 04:28

Hooray! More posters!
xerox0 wrote:Anyone remember her from Omizu no Hanamichi & sequel?
I haven't seen it, but I've heard and read that it's good. Maybe you can tell us about it. 8)
clc_00_ca wrote:I just saw Taiho Shichauzo. She act very well in there. Her dynamic with Itou Misaki was great to see. I love their friendship. I wonder in reality if they still keep in touch? I hope they do and maybe became very good friends. Is Sachi married yet?

I agree, she was quite convincing in Taiho Shichauzo. I somewhat think that she's the redeeming factor of that series. *haha* :roll Sachie and Misaki have worked together before in Shin Omizu no Hanamichi (the sequel xerox0 was talking about), but I'm not sure if they're *that* close to each other. For all I know, Sachie is closest to Shaku Yumiko (Shichinin no Onna Bengoshi co-star). I read somewhere (can't remember where) that not only are they of the same age; they also live in the same neighborhood.

I've wondered before if she was married because she usually wears a ring on her ring finger (and/or on her index finger. Now she wears her rings more often on the index finger), but I've also read recently that she still hasn't given much thought to marriage.

P.S.: Ken-On finally changed her profile photo.

Ivanavi

Post by Ivanavi » May 11th, '08, 13:37

Belated happy birthday to Hara Sachie!

Hey, Misaki is also in Hanamichi, right? do you know where I can watch it? thanks,

Mocha: does she reply to e-mails?
I finally got keyhole to work then i was sent to Japan for a month so I had the chance to watch up to ep 5. I was hoping I would bump into Sachie while I was there. Tough luck.

MochaValencia

Post by MochaValencia » Jun 3rd, '08, 03:33

Ivanavi wrote:Mocha: does she reply to e-mails?
I finally got keyhole to work then i was sent to Japan for a month so I had the chance to watch up to ep 5. I was hoping I would bump into Sachie while I was there. Tough luck.
I've e-mailed her twice through Ken-On, but I have yet to receive a reply. The first I sent was in English (I was hoping that at least someone in the agency speaks English :P). The second one was in Japanese, a very rough online translation so I included the original English text. Oh well, may be she's just been too busy lately, I don't think she got much of a break in between filming Chiritotechin, Postman and Shichinin no Onna Bengoshi 2. Or maybe she just gets a lot of fan mail (I hope).

Ivanavi

Post by Ivanavi » Jun 13th, '08, 07:15

MochaValencia wrote:I've e-mailed her twice through Ken-On, but I have yet to receive a reply. The first I sent was in English (I was hoping that at least someone in the agency speaks English :P). The second one was in Japanese, a very rough online translation so I included the original English text. Oh well, may be she's just been too busy lately, I don't think she got much of a break in between filming Chiritotechin, Postman and Shichinin no Onna Bengoshi 2. Or maybe she just gets a lot of fan mail (I hope).
O-k thanks. I guess I'll try that too. Maybe she reads them but can't reply.

Does anyone know if she has projects after Shichinin no Onna Bengoshi?

MochaValencia

Post by MochaValencia » Jun 19th, '08, 07:07

Ivanavi wrote:Does anyone know if she has projects after Shichinin no Onna Bengoshi?
I just wish I had an idea just as much as I'm hoping that her next project would win her an award or something.

Anyway, she was recently on the cover of a magazine. (Modern Weekly, I think). Here it is:
And Yumiko Shaku posted a party photo of the Shichinin no Onna Bengoshi cast (five of them, at least) on her blog. Looks like Sachie didn't have make-up on, but she actually looks great!
Don't miss the finale of Shichinin no Onna Bengoshi 2, tonight at 9PM(JST)!

MochaValencia

Post by MochaValencia » Jun 22nd, '08, 02:29

Found a new article on Sachie. She really is the modern/independent type of woman. :salut:

Anyway, the torrent for the finale episode of Shichinin no Onna Bengoshi 2 is up It's a must-watch for Sachie fans, IMHO.There's a lot of drama centered on her character and she pulled it off really well. :thumright:

Ivanavi

Post by Ivanavi » Jun 22nd, '08, 05:29

Thanks for the article and the pictures. She looks great. I'm loving her more each day.

I just downloaded the drama and jumped from scene to scene. Looks good. There's just a blurred part in the vid. I'll watch the ep10 and the finale tonight. Thanks.

MochaValencia

Post by MochaValencia » Jun 22nd, '08, 08:48

MochaValencia wrote: I just wish I had an idea just as much as I'm hoping that her next project would win her an award or something.
Now I'm hoping that she can get a Best Supporting Actress nomination for Shichinin no Onna Bengoshi. :D We can hope, can't we?
Ivanavi wrote:I just downloaded the drama and jumped from scene to scene. Looks good. There's just a blurred part in the vid. I'll watch the ep10 and the finale tonight. Thanks.
Yeah. I noticed that the video quality somewhere between 44:00 and 45:00 was a little off. This is the "sweets" part so I take it that this is the "final office scene" you were referring to in the Torrent Comments thread. I don't really mind. I'm just thankful that it's there to download. :D Enjoy!

lediableblanc

Post by lediableblanc » Jun 26th, '08, 07:48

Does anyone know or think if she's had plastic surgery?

Ivanavi

Post by Ivanavi » Jul 2nd, '08, 17:01

Mocha: yeah, that's the same part. thanks, i thought it was a download error. i agree with what you said about awards, she stood out in the finale. did she ever win anything?

lediableblanc: i hope not. she def doesn't look it.

MochaValencia

Re: plastic surgery?

Post by MochaValencia » Jul 11th, '08, 18:02

I've asked that question here before. Anyway, she could have some minor surgeries, but I think if she really did have plastic surgery, the first ones to go would be the bags under her eyes, the lines on her face, and the scar under her left eyebrow. And, her nose is not exactly narrow and her left eye's smaller than the right. Some would even say that her lips are too plump. And no, I'm not saying that she's not beautiful!

My answer is NO, I don't think so. From what I can see, she just lost a lot of weight over the years (She looked like she just got out of a hospital in Isshou Wasurenai Monogatari). She also wears a lot of make-up sometimes. And yeah, she's aging, gracefully if you ask me. Besides, I've noticed that celebrities who really had plastic surgery have a different skin texture. Something like that. (I could be wrong on this one). Sachie's skin just looks different (Not to mention that her skin tone changes with the lighting, etc). And she has double eyelids (though sometimes barely noticeable), even when she was just starting. And please, looks change as people age!

It's not like I care right now if she did have plastic surgery (as I've said before, I put more weight on acting ability than looks, and I've seen more of her works since last year, so there.), but here are some photos for comparison. They're actually meant to be signatures. I just think that the angles in the photos are enough to see physical changes over 11 years. Heck, here's just hoping that it won't look like an overkill.
Modeling Days. They're magazine scans I found from all over the internet.

Early Works, including her debut year. Photos from (from left): To Heart, Odoru Daisosasen SP1, Sommelier(2 photos), and Beach Boys. Chubby, but she seemed to have lost weight in To Heart (1999)

She cut her hair short after 2000. Photos are (in no particular order) from Shiroi Kage, Taiho Shichauzo, Hakusen Nagashi ~25 sai, Love Song and Aibou4 (episode 16). And, a magazine scan from 2002. She gained her weight back. She looks particularly err, "healthy" within this stretch. Well, the weight's just right, I guess that's what I wanted to say.

Recent Works. She's wearing her hair long again. Photos from (again, in no particular oder) Shichinin no Onna Bengoshi 2 + PR, Doyou Studio Park appearance, Lipovitan Fine! website, Isshou Wasurenai Monogatari, Postman, and Ken-On. Same smile, same nose, same asymmetrical eyes.
And oh, I almost forgot about the scar. It's not always visible, depending on the lighting and make-up. Plus, it's usually covered with her hair. But it's still there.
First photo is from the second Odoru Daisosasen special. Photo on the right is from the Setsubun festival (February 2, 2008).
Sorry for another long post. I really should stop over-analyzing.

By the way, you might be interested that there's a whole thread on plastic surgery in Japan.

Ivanavi

Post by Ivanavi » Jul 28th, '08, 10:31

Mocha: Thanks for putting all that together. I actually find her too skinny. I also think her ears are big. but who cares? she's still tall! he he I think she looks different from different angles.

I also always notice that scar, even in Lawyers. I wonder how she got that.

And i hope you won't mind if I repeat this question: did she ever win anything? thanks

MochaValencia

Post by MochaValencia » Aug 7th, '08, 11:19

I saw Shokatsu Keiji 4 on KeyHole. Her role was kind of creepy. Did anyone get to watch it too? And the torrent for Hitmaker Aku Yuu Monogatari's been up since Sunday. Check out Sachie's get-up. :roll :D

@ Ivanavi: Not only does she look different from different angles. She looks different in almost every drama. I don't know about you guys, but when I watch her, I see a different person, especially since 2005. But, just because a person's appearance changes periodically doesn't mean she had plastic surgery. Some people really have that tendency to look different; you just have to note how the parts of her face: the eyes, nose and lips look basically the same throughout the years. Maybe it's the aura (and the hair! and the weight! lol). Of course it's not quite surprising if she looks different if we compare, say, Taiho Shichauzo (2002) and Shichinin no Onna Bengoshi (2006) because of the long interval. But try to check between Jyoou no Kyoushitsu and Hakusen Nagashi SP5 which are both from 2005, then Chiritotechin, Shichinin no Onna Bengoshi 2 and Shokatsu Keiji, 4 all from 2008 (though Chiritotechin started in 2007). Then watch her in interviews and variety shows. Her looks differs even among projects which were done within a single period. I don't know if this is just the fangirl in me speaking, but I think she just transforms. I've posted sometime ago about not knowing if she can immerse herself into a role. I think now I know my answer to that. I hope you get what I mean. :roll

I think she was nominated for Shiroi Kage. I'm not sure if there's anything else. As for the Spring Season, Lawyers 2 is on the nomination list of the Television Drama Academy Awards. I'm not sure how much of a fighting shot it has. *cough* Best Supporting Actress nom, please*cough* :roll

Ivanavi

Post by Ivanavi » Sep 7th, '08, 14:16

Thanks for your reply Mocha. I agree.

I noticed her hair too. I was watching YUA and I noticed that her hair was brown, and it did reflect differently on her face. I’ve seen some interviews and her skin looks lighter. I also saw The Queen’s Classroom. Her hair was straight and short there. Sorry, but she looks weird. I like her more in the Shiroi Kage screencaps I saw. I know, I still have not watched it.

I missed Shokatsu Keiji and Hitmaker Aku Yu Monogatari, but I downloaded Hitmaker off here. I downloaded Kamisama too. Like I’ve said before. Big ears. lol

OT: it seems to me that few people are posting on tall actresses' threads. why oh why

MochaValencia

Post by MochaValencia » Sep 27th, '08, 14:43

I've posted this weeks ago in other threads. How in the world did I forget to post here?!

Sachie Hara will again appear in a TV Asahi drama, this time opposite Kuranosuke Sasaki (Bambino!, Zettai Kareshi). The series titled, Giragira will premiere on October 17, Friday at 9:00pm JST.
Official Site
DramaWiki

Here's the teaser just in case you missed it... Well, it's not like you missed much...

The trailer was posted on the official site sometime this morning. Looks good and dark. She appears only for about a second or two in the trailer, so here's the screencap:

A less glamorous role than Taeko in Shichinin no Onna Bengoshi, but that's the way it goes. We need variety, and I won't mind repeating this over and over, but I like her because she plays such different characters. (Who turned on my fangirl switch? :roll) Anyone else noticed how she parted her hair differently? That's not her usual angle. lol...

And there's another one. She's part of Saigo no Senpan, an NHK historical drama special that will be aired on December 7.

On another note, the original Postman DVD has been released. I pre-ordered my copy. I hope it's on its way. *excited*

Looking forward to watching her again. :-)

Ivanavi

Post by Ivanavi » Oct 3rd, '08, 10:23

Where have you been Mocha? I thought I was alone here.

Thanks for info. I'm really excited about her new drama. I can use Keyhole now, but I hope there won't be a password for TV Asahi. The cap looks good. I like women with laugh lines.

I downloaded Hitmaker. It's a bummer that she was only there for one scene. And her costume is weird. I'd like to order Postman too but there are no English subs. Please tell me what you think when you get to watch it. Thanks!

silencio

Post by silencio » Oct 3rd, '08, 13:23

i dropped by this thread since i saw you post here Ivanavi... turns out i get a prize!

will look for Shin Omizu no Hanamichi for misaki..hehehehe

Ivanavi

Post by Ivanavi » Oct 6th, '08, 10:32

silencio -Hah! Then you have to come back here and comment. Or maybe we can talk about Taiho Shichauzo! I'm a fan of tall actresses. Do you have any other idols?

silencio

Post by silencio » Oct 7th, '08, 11:43

hehehehe, still itching to get my copy of Taiho from a friend... other idols???? right now, i'm all about Misaki-san!

Ivanavi

Post by Ivanavi » Oct 7th, '08, 13:33

When you get it, come back here. lol
Misaki is my #1 eyecandy, but I think Sachie is better. They're both tall, I like them both anyway.

MochaValencia

Post by MochaValencia » Oct 16th, '08, 07:42

"Yay!" for my 100th post! (And to think that I posted my first ever on this very thread).

I'm still waiting for my Postman DVD, but hey, here are some updates on Sachie while I'm waiting. :roll

The new Lipovitan Fine! CMs are now up (since October 1, so yeah, this "update" is late). There are no direct links, but if you want to see Sachie's newest, click on "TVCM" on the far right of the (main) page. Each CM has each actor's/actress' icon so Sachie's ad should be easy to spot. It's kind of cute. :lol

Just in case anyone's interested, here's a Japanese BBS dedicated to her. If anyone has visited the TV11 BBS before, Sachie's thread has been transferred to this 2ch.net address.

I could be wrong, but Sachie is apparently hosting/co-hosting/guest-hosting (whatever the case) an NHK travel/culture show. I'm posting her part of the promo/banner photo which, unfortunately, had been taken down a couple of days ago:
I'm not sure if she's taking the fitness thing way too far, but she's really skinny in that photo. Since we only caught a glimpse of her in the trailer, I wonder if she'd look this *slim* in Giragira, which, by the way, premieres tomorrow at 9PM JST. Don't forget! Please drop by the Giragira thread for updates and photos. And if you're not in Japan and your cable provider does not carry TV Asahi, check out the KeyHole/Livestation/TV streams thread to find out how to watch it as it airs. Enjoy! :thumright:

Before you get too excited over tomorrow's premiere, check out episode 1 of Omiya-san tonight at 8PM JST. Sachie's one of the guests. :cheers:

Ivanavi

Post by Ivanavi » Oct 21st, '08, 09:03

WOw, your waiting long for your copy...I checked out the CM. I first thought lipo-club was a liposuction thing. You're right, It's cute, but who jogs with dangling earings? Wow, she looks even tallewr when she's this skinny. Thankyew for the pics.

Took your advice and went to the GiraGira forum. So I found the veoh link. She looks good with that Sasaki guy, but she'd look better with me. O-k, just kidding. Are you talking about Omiya-san 6? I think the torrent just got posted. Too bad I can't download until next month. What a bummer.

Btw, a friend of mine said he could get me a copy of Shiroi Kage. yesssss

MochaValencia

Post by MochaValencia » Oct 21st, '08, 10:53

I noticed the earrings too. :lol And yeah, the url is quite misleading :P There used to be three other Sachie CMs in the Fine! site. She was also jogging in one of those videos but she looked more "sporty." Haha. That kick boxing routine in the new CM reminded me of how she "kicked" and "punched" in Taiho Shichauzo. It's a big improvement. :lol

Yes, it's Omiya-san 6. It was like her reunion with Tsunehiko Watase, who was her co-star in Chirototechin. (Coincidentally, Kanjiya Shihori will be in the second episode.) If you won't get to watch it, just tell me. I can post some caps for you (I actually have some low-res ones but I'm waiting for my download to finish).
You should see her "tattoo." Her character had an old school heart tattoo, which is okay... but it was way off-center that it was distracting! :lol
She did well in Omiya-san, by the way. I don't know if I can say the same about her last bit in Giragira. She did great, but I think I was expecting a lot more from her since I saw how she handled the finale of Shichinin ni Onna Bengoshi 2. Well. It's only the first episode, so we'll see.

I hope you'd love Shiroi Kage. I know I do. :-)

hazelkenro
Location: Mocomichi Hayami,Teppei Koike and Wentz Eiji Paradise

Post by hazelkenro » Oct 21st, '08, 14:18

Thanks mocha for sharing this thread hehehe!!!!

He so cute anyweiz!!!

Ivanavi

Post by Ivanavi » Oct 28th, '08, 08:47

Mocha - are you serious? got screenshots? I don't think I can download it at all. I'll be travelling until december so i have to stop for awhile. I'm done with Shiroi Kage ep3. There's something different in her looks there. And her character looks aggressive..
MochaValencia wrote:That kick boxing routine in the new CM reminded me of how she "kicked" and "punched" in Taiho Shichauzo. It's a big improvement.
LOL at the roundhouse in ep3. Or was that in ep4?

hello hazelkenro - hope you'll come back here. which of her dramas have you seen?

MochaValencia

Post by MochaValencia » Nov 2nd, '08, 10:20

Roundhouse? Yeah, that one in the parking lot scene in episode 4 of Taiho Shichauzo was the closest move to a roundhouse...But it wasn't even half a roundhouse! :lol I watch that scene with my eyes half-covered. *cringes at the mere thought of it* But I really enjoyed that episode for some reason.

I'm posting one screenie from the Omiya-san episode:
Like I said, off-center. :lol
By the way, Ivan, hazelkenro's watching Giragira. Welcome aboard! Thanks for dropping by!

Finally got my copy of Postman. I haven't got the chance to really watch it yet but I will eventually. Looks promising. I don't know, but my screenshots turned out bad.
Some behind the scenes shots. She shifts between her serious and usual-cheery self in the feature (I love DVD extras!). I think that's just the way she is, reserved but bubbly. Decided to put them in one file. The quality's the same anyway.

ETA: I'm guessing the birthday cake was for her 29th. The film opened on March 22, 2008 so there's no way that the Postman cast and crew threw her some sort of post-wrap-up 30th birthday party. (She turned 30 on the set of Shichinin no Onna Bengoshi 2, most probably while filming episode 6.) :whistling:
This is the must-open spoiler tag, I think...This one really surprised (more liked "shocked") me:
Her character was laid-back and athletic to the point of being a bit boyish (there is a better term, I know). She (again) played teacher, but this one wore hoodies and jeans to her homeroom class, and wore a black Nike jacket and jogging pants in gym class. And she was always on a bike. Not that smoking and biking are exclusively for males, but I think that was it.

Has anyone seen her smoking in another drama? And does anyone know if she smokes in real life? Anyhow, I'm too much of a fangirl to be turned off if she does. :P

By the way, that's a Zadig et Voltaire jacket. Looks like one of her favorite brands; she even mentioned it in here blog before.
Here's another photo from Postman:
Nagashima Kazushige's my favorite among her leading men. Maybe Taiho Shichauzo being the first JDrama I watched has something to do with it:Image
Last edited by MochaValencia on Feb 25th, '09, 01:53, edited 2 times in total.

hazelkenro

Post by hazelkenro » Nov 2nd, '08, 11:51

@Ivanavi-Thank you so much for welcome me here

I don't have any watch "Hara Sachie" drama but here face was so familiar to me
Except w/c she include in Gira Gira Series hehehehE im the fan of Miura shohei,Miura Harum,Teppei koike,Eiji Wentz and Mocomichi Hayami....
Again Thank you SO much!!!

@Mocha-thanks For sharing those pics!!!!How old is she?Thanks for welcome me here!

MochaValencia

Post by MochaValencia » Nov 2nd, '08, 13:04

She's 30. (born May 1, 1978)

Speaking of age, I found this site some time ago. It's a comparison chart of her character's age vs her actual age. It's only up to 2004. For those who can't read Japanese and hate online translators, the second to the last column is her character age, while the last is her actual age. Note that she's usually cast in older roles.

hazelkenro

Post by hazelkenro » Nov 4th, '08, 19:35

@Mocha

Sempai! A lil Bit of Older she is da same AGe Like "Ito Misaki"hehehe!!!!!

MochaValencia

Post by MochaValencia » Nov 17th, '08, 08:11

Heads up! Her official site has a new look (updated November 10). The current background image is another version of her headshot with the green background. The other two are on her profile page, and on Ken-On's official site (see last photo under the first spoiler tag of my July 12 post). Another slightly different version was on the cover of a magazine. I can't remember the name.

I'll miss ther old pink website (wherein the background image changed per page), but it's time for a change, right? And I've been wanting to reread her old diary page. I used to read her entries (most of them were about food and travel :lol) before her blog went mobile. Oh well.

The official site for Saigo no Senpan is up!
From the translation sites I'm using, I take it that her character will be bordering between being in poor health and being an invalid. Despite this, I hope she'll get to do more in this period drama. I remember watching her using most of her screen time in Ten to Sen "playing dead." :lol
And has anyone seen her new CM? I think it's for Sekisuiheim.

@hazelkenro: Yes, they're only born about a year apart. You should see both of them in Taiho Shichauzo. Your bonus would be that Mokomichi is also there. :P

hazelkenro

Post by hazelkenro » Nov 17th, '08, 20:25

@hazelkenro: Yes, they're only born about a year apart. You should see both of them in Taiho Shichauzo. Your bonus would be that Mokomichi is also there. Tongue
Mocha

Yeah right! YOuR UNDER ARREST RIGHT!!!!ang alam ko si na share mo yung caps nun sa PACTERS hehehe!Wahhhh Arigato....

MochaValencia

Post by MochaValencia » Dec 8th, '08, 07:47

Watched Saigo no Senpan last night. Her performance was *very* subtle this time, but...
...she died again! I knew it! After watching that NHK special I was half-wishing that she was cast as the (rather) promiscuous woman instead. That would've been more of a challenge... Anyhow, I still enjoy seeing her in period dramas.
And check this out. Looks like she just finished filming. All the online translators I used point to either a legal or police (or both) drama. Looks like this will be another installment of an old drama called 『赤かぶ検事奮戦記』 (I have no idea what the romanized or English title is). Still haven't found an announcement for this. And no word yet on her official site. We'll see.

By the way, the guy beside her in the photo is Baijaku Nakamura (Atsu-hime).

Ivanavi

Post by Ivanavi » Dec 29th, '08, 07:34

Wow, there was action here while I was gone. I have a handful to reply to.
MochaValencia wrote:But it wasn't even half a roundhouse! :lol I watch that scene with my eyes half-covered. *cringes at the mere thought of it* But I really enjoyed that episode for some reason.
How could you cover your eyes with such hot women on screen? How could you?! LOL
MochaValencia wrote:Speaking of age, I found this site some time ago. It's a comparison chart of her character's age vs her actual age. It's only up to 2004. For those who can't read Japanese and hate online translators, the second to the last column is her character age, while the last is her actual age. Note that she's usually cast in older roles.
Thanks for the link! Peace, but sometimes she does look old for her age, but she looked young in Beach Boys and Taiho. Do you know how old Iijima Taeko from Lawyers is supposed to be?

Thanks for the updates. Will her blog be online again? You realy got me interested. I didnt vsit her old site much & I never botehred to translate that diary but I love the full body pictures.
Now, abou those two things:
I should put this under the tag, right? Mocha does so I'll do it too
Wow, first a tatoo then a cigarette. Sometimes when I watch her I think she has a tattoo on her back. ANyways, she looks spanking with that one. The cigarette, well, I smoke and I think she does too. If she doesn't then that looks quite convincing. Is that the only scene she smoked? Thanks for the screenshots
I also saw Saigo no Senpan. SHe looked huge there! so Tall! LOL @ "promiscuous woman" you're too polite. There's the p and the w words but let's not go there. and GiraGira. I am spending my holiday watching it. I like it. My complaint is that I don't see her much but she's very consistent And there's another attractive actress there. Yunaaa but she' not very tall and skinny

I said a lot but there are a couple more things on my mind. Mocha, how did you know she celebrated in the ep6 shoot?And that Nakajima guy from Taiho. I think she looked too young for him there. I like her more with that that Yutaka guy from Beach boys whose last name I cannot spell.

hazelkenro - I'm sorry but I didnt understand your last post. But you mentioned Misaki my dreamgirl so it's cool.

edit: Wow, that WAS a long reply

MochaValencia

Post by MochaValencia » Jan 1st, '09, 07:34

Ivanavi wrote:How could you cover your eyes with such hot women on screen? How could you?! LOL
It could've helped if they were two hot guys, but then again, if the scene is hellish, why not look away? :lol Ok, that scene's not exactly hellish, just awkward. :whistling:

Re: Age issues: I don't think Taeko's age was ever specified, well, at least none that I know of. I think our grumpy lawyer and Sachie are around the same age...but of course, considering her status and talent as a senior lawyer in the firm (at least in season 2), Taeko may be a bit older. We can only guess... And Sachie does look her age (or older) most of the time. It was probably a factor on her being cast as Momoko, who's 33. The weird thing is that she looks young in interviews, at least to me. :blink

Re: Leading men: First of all, Kazushige Nagashima's married, so I'd settle for their on-screen pairing. Secondly, Yutaka Takenouchi's seven years older and a bit too short for her. Hmm... Let's see, Nagashima's 12 years older, and there's a 10-year gap between her and Kuranosuke Sasaki. At least Tomoya Nagase's a few months younger than her.

Re: Postman: So, I finally got to see the whole film and...
...I found another scene wherein she was smoking. It looked more convincing. I have a feeling she smokes in real life because of the color of her lips. And I think there's a lot of discussion about smoking in Japan...
Re: Blog: I don't think her blog would be back online anytime soon. Heck, who knows why the blog went mobile in the first place? But check out the Japanese BBS I mentioned sometime ago. Some fans post her mobile entries there.

Re: Saigo no Senpan: I didn't want to use the "p" word. :lol But wait, I realized that "subtle" wasn't the right word to describe her performance; it's "natural."

Before I forget, Happy New Year!!!!! (that is, to everyone who ever visits this thread. Hello? Anybody?). And because it's a new year, I thought it would be best to edit the first post in this thread to add some basic details.

Her first appearance of the year would be on Dancing Sanma Palace on January 6 (NTV, 19:00-21:54). While we can safely say that she will continue doing her episodes of the Muse documentaries/travelogues (whatever, I honestly haven't seen a single episode), we have yet to find some official announcement or confirmation about her 2009 projects. It's still early, so... *fingers crossed* Anyway, 2008 was a pretty good year for her, IMHO. It was a record year with six dramas (seven if we'd count Chiritotechin, which started in 2007 but continued until March 2008) and a movie. Shichinin no Onna Bengoshi 2, episode 11 is my favorite Sachie performance of the year.

Re: Shichinin no Onna Bengoshi 2, episode 6: How did I know? Simple: :D
Compare:
Image Image

First one is a scene from episode 6, while the second is from the official website. The costumes are a give-away. :lol
Re: Giragira: I take it that you've finished watching the series. Episode 5 was my favorite. And I'd have to agree with you there--she was quite consistent as Momoko, though it took some time for her character to grow on me given her screen time. Oh well, at least she was third on the bill, if that matters at all. On another note, I think she fit the mother role quite well. Much as I think that that cute kid needs more acting experience, their mother-daughter relationship was quite believable.

P.S.
Speaking of Giragira... Her *bangs* annoyed the heck out of me... Seriously...

But it wasn't a hopeless case. I think it actually looked a bit better this way:
By the way, I think we'd have to discuss future topics a few at a time, and that I have to go easy with the updates. I noticed that our replies have turned epic (especially mine).

Ivanavi

Post by Ivanavi » Jan 3rd, '09, 15:24

Hah! i knew she started as a model! Those long legs I love. And thankyou for confirming the ep6 thing.

I can't believe you noticed her lip color. I did not. nOw that you mention it, she must really smoke in real life. yessir! I want to see POStman now. i did not understand more than half of lawyers 2 but i survived without subs so i maybe can try this movie also. WHere did you buy your dvd?

I wonder if she dates younger guys...

edit: Hey!Wait a minute! What's that Dancing Sanma Palace show about? Is she going to dance?

MochaValencia

Post by MochaValencia » Jan 5th, '09, 09:15

Re: Dancing Sanma Palace: :lol I honestly have no idea. It looks like a game, only thing is, I don't know if it involves dancing. Sanma mostly interviews celebrities on his show (though some of them show some "special skills or talents"). I haven't seen one of his SPs, but I do think he'll do more than interviews tomorrow. And I've been wondering if the show would really start at 19:00JST as indicated on Sachie's official site because the show's homepage says 19:58... If it would start at a different time, there should at least be an announcement. We'll see. I'm keeping fingers crossed that NTV would be on KeyHole tomorrow. If not, well, it's a good thing that episodes of this show are usually uploaded here or to other streaming sites.

Re: Postman DVD: I got mine from YesAsia. There are websites that offer lower prices, but I got my copy with the free shipping deal. :roll I think you can get through this one without the subs. Most scenes are pretty easy to understand, even with just context clues.

Ivanavi

Post by Ivanavi » Jan 5th, '09, 14:13

Hey Mocha. you said you haven;t seen an episode of Muse? Where did you watch Saigo no Senpan? NHK World Premium?

I just received great news. I e-mailed them and they replied. They said that the title of the show is "How to enjoy Art Musems" and that it's not a regular program. BUT! They also said that we can watch it on:.
1) Jan. 13th 24:10 - 24:40 JST
2) Jan. 14th 24:10 - 24:40 JST.

What episodes are she in?

And Mocha, where do you find her pictures? Misaki's are easier to find...

And do you happen to have the 2009 Ken-on calendar? i'm desparately looking for it. Scans?

MochaValencia

Post by MochaValencia » Jan 6th, '09, 01:32

NHK World Premium is the only Japanese network I have on cable. Wow, I check their schedules every week but I would have missed it if you didn't tell me. So that's what's it's called! I've come to call it Muse because of the homepage URL. :lol Good job! And thanks for the heads up! I hope they're starting with Feel 1. Click this for her episodes. She's done four so far.

Photos... I just use different search engines (Google, Yahoo, nifty, goo, etc.) and use her name (kanji and romaji) as search terms. You can check her homepage for magazine updates, then find the website of those magazines, or at least search using the titles as keywords. You can also get leads from her 2ch BBS. And Yahoo Auctions Japan is a goldmine. You just have to check back every few days. Most sellers don't ship internationally, so much as I want to buy stuff from there, I just have to settle with saving the images to my computer. :P And don't forget about screenshots.

I've been looking for a sample of the Ken-On's 2009 calendar since someone posted about it on 2ch (they say it's not for sale, and I find the K-Shop a bit confusing). I'm sure she's in it, only thing is that I have yet to see her part of the calendar (I wonder which month...). I think she had her turn on the cover (with Misaki Itoh) in 2005.

KatamariAddict

Post by KatamariAddict » Jan 6th, '09, 05:21

Hi,

Thanks for all the great updates! I love them! I have been a Sachie fan for a few years now and am glad to finally find a thread dedicated to her.

Forgive me if someone has already posted this, but I just stumbled on it tonight. It's a 5 part interview featuring Sachie. My Japanese is beyond horrible so I have no idea what they are talking about, but in the first part they show a picture of her when she was a kid. Too cute!

Part 1:
http://video.nifty.com/cs/catalog/video ... 7061_1.htm

Part 2:
http://video.nifty.com/cs/catalog/video ... 7064_1.htm

Part 3:
http://video.nifty.com/cs/catalog/video ... 7065_1.htm

Part 4:
http://video.nifty.com/cs/catalog/video ... 7066_1.htm

Part 5:
http://video.nifty.com/cs/catalog/video ... 7063_1.htm

I hope they all work ^_^'
Last edited by KatamariAddict on Jan 6th, '09, 05:27, edited 1 time in total.

Ivanavi

Post by Ivanavi » Jan 6th, '09, 10:25

Hello to you. Thanks for the links. SOrry but my Japanese is terrible. but I'll watch it after Sanma. I'm watching it but where is Sachie?

edit--nevermind, I saw her. Man, she could've worn something sexier...
another edit- KatamariAddict-thanks for the links. Unfortunately, I just stared at Sachie in the videos. I did not understand a word! I hope Mocha has an idea. But I man, I think she also relies on translators.
edit3- Mocha, thanks fot the links. You spoil me. Sachie and Misaki in one calendar. You know what, I saw two Misaki comercials in Sanma. Double treat!

So Katamari, please tell us more. How many years have you been a fan? where did you first see her? How many of her dramas did you watch?

And are you a guy?

KatamariAddict

Post by KatamariAddict » Jan 7th, '09, 02:27

Hi!

I'm a fangirl. I have been a fan of Sachie's for a little over 3 years. Actually, I wanted to see more of Misaki Ito's work after seeing the movie "Ju-On"; I bought "Taiho Shichauzo" and that's where I first saw Sachie. Even though the show was campy and the the fight scenes were a little cringe-worthy...I thought the two leads were pretty funny.

I own 12 dramas featuring Sachie; my favorites are: "Taiho Shichauzo"(of course), "Shiawase No Shippo"(she plays a deaf woman), "Jyoou no Kyoushitsu" & "Shininin No Onna Bengoshi". I ordered "Shininin No Onna Bengoshi 2" Sunday from ebay so I should have it with in the next couple of days. Yeah! Can't wait!

MochaValencia

Post by MochaValencia » Jan 7th, '09, 03:23

Welcome to the thread, KatamariAddict! It's great to hear from another fan! Unfortunately, we are a rare breed here on D-Addicts, but we try to keep on posting anyway. :P

First, about the video. Thanks! I was able to watch that last year but I forgot to bookmark and I totally forgot that it was on nifty (it never turns up on Google Video search). So, I was able to watch it again, thanks! Honestly, I didn't understand much of their discussion, but I found this site sometime in 2007 (hello, Google Translate! :P). I believe it's related to that interview. If the translations were accurate, I'd say one of the things she talked about was her relationship with her mother.

Anyway, I decided to take a couple of screenshots:
This one's from her Studio Park appearance (for Chiritotechin):

Sachie flashing her trademark dimples, from the link KatamariAddict posted. Right now, it's the closest one we have to a kiddie close-up: :lol:Image
Three years... Ooh, you became a fan months before I did ("discovered" her in September or October 2006). Taiho Shichauzo was also my first drama (got it as a gift). I agree with the "cringe-worthy" comment, but for some reason, I've been wanting to see Sachie and Misaki together again. They had such great chemistry...

Uhm, do you buy all your dramas from eBay? Have you ever found Sekai de Ichiban Atsui Natsu? I've seen an episode floating around and I find it very interesting. I've been looking for her older dramas but most of them are out of print, though I still managed to find a few, including Out and Diamond Girl. Good thing her films are easier to find. YesAsia is great. :D

Re: Sanma appearance: I knew there would be three batches of guests, but I had no idea her batch would go last. It's not like she talked much though... The outfit? Hmm, I didn't dig the skirt...

Ivanavi

Post by Ivanavi » Jan 7th, '09, 13:58

Whoa, I have no idea how you make sense of those translations. They make my eyes go crazy. Mind boggling, yessir!
KatamariAddict wrote:Hi! I'm a fangirl. I have been a fan of Sachie's for a little over 3 years.!
MochaValencia wrote:Three years... Ooh, you became a fan months before I did ("discovered" her in September or October 2006)..
Man, I feel like a newbie. Fan for less than a year. My first Sachie drama was Beach Boys. The I saw Ju-On, found my dear Misaki, watched Taiho and found Sachie. It was destiny. ANd I like tall women. I also want to see Misaki and Sachie together again! No! They're not "washed up" just because they are in their 30s!

Wow, you girls really go all out and buy? I've seen about 7 of her dramas through streams, downloads or through friends. Found Shiawase no SHippo on youku. I said it was #3 on my to-watch list but the subs were in Japanese or Chinese. And I;ve never seen a single movie of hers. I want Postman!

Maybe we can rank our top 5? I'll start
1. Taiho Shichauzo
2. Lawyers
3. Queen's Classroom
4. GiraGira
5. Saigo no Senpan, just because I saw it on tv. LOL

edit: I remembered Shiroi Kage so GiraGira is number 5, Shiroi Kage is #4. :D
Last edited by Ivanavi on Jan 12th, '09, 10:52, edited 1 time in total.

KatamariAddict

Post by KatamariAddict » Jan 8th, '09, 04:46

Hi Thanks for posting those screenshots, Mocha. Adorable!

I have been hoping Sachie and Misaki would team up again also. I wouldn't mind a "Taiho Shichauzo" sequel :lol I think that was the second time the two of them worked together. They were both in the sequel to "Omizu no hanamichi"; I haven't been able to get a copy of it, but I have the original and it's very funny.

I looked through my collection and I do have Sekai de Ichiban Atsui Natsu on VCD. I'd forgotten about that one. It was the third drama of hers that I bought. I haven't watched it in a couple of years, but if I remember correctly she plays sort of a shady character in really cool glasses :D She's not in it a lot, but it's still a good watch. I'm going to have to give it another look

I also have Diamond Girl. Sachie speaks a little english in a couple of the episodes which was a nice surprise....hehe. I haven't been able to get my hands on a copy of Out yet; I read about it and it sounds interesting. I really want to see it.

So far I have bought all of my dramas from ebay. I buy from one the stores on there. They haven't put "The Postman" on there yet so I think I will give YesAsia try. The only other movie that I have of hers is Hinokio

Was Beach Boys any good? That's another one on my list.

My top 5;

1. Taiho Shichauzo
2. Shininin no onna bengoshi
3. Koishite shinitai
4. Omizu no hanamichi
5. Shiawase No Shippo :lol

Ivanavi

Post by Ivanavi » Jan 8th, '09, 16:44

Ivanavi wrote: My first Sachie drama was Beach Boys. The I saw Ju-On, found my dear Misaki, watched Taiho and found Sachie
Aah! That was kind of messed up. Just to make it clear, I didn;t really notice her much in Beach Boys. But that Jdrama was fun anyway. I saw Beach Boys before The Last Samurai, then I started really noticing Japanese women. The rest is history.

A Taiho Shichauzo sequel would be really cool! Eyecandy! Man, those dramas you're talking about are pretty old... I didn't notice the kiddie pictures the first time. She looked kind of boyish.. Beach. maybe that explains her tan?

Hey, hey. I wanna hear her English too. Was it good?

Katamari. hope you don't mind, but when did you find this thread? And can you post some screenshots of Sachie in glasses? please? :w00t:

MochaValencia

Post by MochaValencia » Jan 10th, '09, 05:08

So much for my New Year's resolution...

Argh! Ivan, Top 5 is too hard, I can't pick! Putting them under spoiler tags because I decided to explain why (and yes, there *could* be SPOILERS here...). I'm ranking them in reverse order and according to what I think of Sachie's performance, not based on my overall impression or opinion of the dramas:
5. a tie between Shiori Tendo in Jyoou no Kyoushitsu and Wakaba Mizushima in Denchi ga Kireru Made (I know, I'm cheating :twisted:). Both supporting roles. Jyoou no Kyoushitsu first... Her performance may not be as unforgettable as Yuki Amami's or Mirai Shida's , but I think she served her purpose on the show well. Shiori effectively contrasted Amami Yuki's Maya, IMHO (i.e., level of confidence). Moving on, the stars of the show in Denchi ga Kireru Made were obviously the kids, but Sachie's performance as the head nurse was very natural, not to mention that she made me believe that she truly cared for those terminally-ill kids. Didn't really matter to me if most people found this series too depressing.

4. as Miyuki Kobayakawa in Taiho Shichauzo. It really looked to me like she embraced her character and that she had fun making the series, thus making the whole thing enjoyable to watch. It's not the best JDrama out there, but this definitely converted me into a JDrama addict and a Sachie fan.

3. as Madoka Taniguchi in Isshou Wasurenai Monogatari. Much as I found it hard to accept that her husband in this SP was Takatoshi Kaneko (who was also in Water Boys 2 and Taiho Shichauzo with her), this (somewhat) heavy drama felt a little more special, at least to me. Can't explain.

2. as Mikiko Gyoda in Shiroi Kage. Mikiko was actually a very interesting, misunderstood character. She keeps a tough exterior, but deep inside she was lost and insecure. Loved this performance.

1. as Taeko Ijima in Shichinin no Onna Bengoshi. A complex character, I think. Taeko was a little hard to like at first. She was all grumpy, stiff and unemotional. Then you see her coming out as Maki's mentor, and as a formidable force not only in the courtroom but also in their law firm. She cares about her clients but unlike Maki, doesn't always show it. She may also come across as inconsistent sometimes, like how she would scold the other lawyers then go on to tease Maki, or how she would seem to not care but get over-excited over food :roll, but then again, maybe that's how the character was supposed to be. Then came the Season 2 finale, my favorite performance of all. Maybe I should credit the writers for putting her in such a situations (the other one was in episode 5 of the first season), but she pulled it off really well. Unforgettable for me (a reason may be because I took the cliffhanger before the finale a little too seriously... :blink)

And since it's hard for me to not list my other favorites, my runners-up are: Chiritotechin (because were character was so weird and crazy that I had so much fun watching), Shiawase no Shippo (I don't generally like characters who are too nice and selfless for their own good, but I felt for Syouko), Diamond Girl, Out (she had some awkward moments but her character gave me the creeps), and her guest appearance in Aibou 4 (episode 16, another kooky character).
Re: Buying original: Of course! :P Well, for starters, I'm a collector by nature. It's also one way of showing support for her work (it's not like she'll know but...). And i must say, even if it's not my tendency to stare at her or anything, it's always nice to own something with her face and/or name on it (the same goes with other artists, right?). And they're even better when you start watching them. I'll definitely continue looking for the other dramas.

Re: Beach Boys: This was Sachie's first drama. I thought her performance was somewhat wooden but I agree with Ivan, it was actually fun to watch. Even though she was new, she looked comfortable in front of the camera. I don't know if I can say the same about her next two projects (the two Odoru Daisousasen SPs)--I thought something was off. Anyway, back then, I observed that she mainly relied on her eyebrows and her voice (plus that constant display of dimples) in acting out her scenes.

Re: Sachie's English: Her English was actually understandable in Diamond Girl. Studio Park also showed a clip from Yumemiru Budo where she said "Shall we dance" almost flawlessly. Ironically, I read here that she and her Ururun crew had trouble communicating with their German hosts because no one in her group can speak English. But hmm, I think she's at least trying. I've noticed how she's been saying "Thank You" in her dramas and TV appearances and she's gone from saying "sankyu" to "Thank You" with an accent on the "TH." And she also introduced herself in English in her New Zealand tour: "Hello, good morning. My name is Hara."

I sad too much again. Maybe I should change my username to LittleMissVerbose or something... :blink
Last edited by MochaValencia on Feb 25th, '09, 01:57, edited 1 time in total.

KatamariAddict

Post by KatamariAddict » Jan 11th, '09, 00:49

Hi,

Don't worry about your post being to long...there can never be enough talk about Sachie! :D Do you know where I can find video of her in Germany or New Zealand? I'm pretty sure I have seen them, but can't remember where.

I may have to amend my top 5...I received my copy of Shichinin no Onna Bengoshi 2 yesterday and although, the subtitles were the worst I have ever seen, I got the gist of the episodes and LOVED all of them. The last episode was my favorite, of course. I really hope they bring the show back for a third time. Crossing my fingers that Miss Misaki Ito will join as one of the lawyers (I can hope, right?) :thumleft:

Ivanavi: I have been lurking around the site for a few months and was so excited when I found a thread dedicated to Sachie. I come on every day hoping there are some updates on the projects she's working on. Info in English is so scarce. As requested here are a few pics from Sekai de Ichiban Atsui Natsu i.e. Sachie in glasses! :D
Image Image Image Image
:D

MochaValencia

Post by MochaValencia » Jan 11th, '09, 14:05

Well, maybe I'm just a bit conscious about my posts. Then I figured that yeah, there's nothing wrong with posting long replies. I think our discussions have been substantial so far... Plus we're a small group of fans and we don't exactly post everyday (but I visit this site more than once a day). But then again, I do get carried away most of the time. :P

I've been itching to get a copy of the official Shichinin no Onna Bengoshi 2 DVD from YesAsia (I don't even know if I can order from the official site), but I still have to make some room in my shelves (It has to be a special spot. :P). I really buy DVDs if the special features are good, and this set is loaded with extras... I'm not sure if the Giragira DVD (announced in the official site) would have a considerable number of features. I guess I'll just have to wait until its release in March, or until YesAsia lists it for pre-orders.

I also think a third season of Shichinin no Onna Bengoshi is possible. In 2010, perhaps? As for me, I've been wanting to see Amami Yuki as a guest star. But of course, if there'd ever be a third season, Sachie should be in it! Is it just me or were they grooming Taeko to be the next law firm chief? I'd rather see her doing the legwork with the other lawyers. Yoko Nogiwa's character was always in her office and that doesn't look very exciting if you ask me... By the way, I've posted some comments in the Shichinin no Onna Bengoshi thread (yet another lonely thread... ). Maybe you could share your thoughts (here or there) when you've finished the series, Katamari. :D

Re: Germany and New Zealand: I downloaded her New Zealand tour from Stage6 back when that site was still up. I found her Ururun episode on youtube but it was taken down after a few weeks. Right now the best I can do is post some screencaps.
I have quite a handful so I decided to just post links to the albums. I typed up some captions, so please do read them. And please excuse the quality.

Ururun Germany
Sachie looked like she likes dogs so much. And she formed a great bond with her host family. I read in her old blog that she still talks with the family, and it looks like she even sends them Christmas gifts. So sweet.

New Zealand
I included a screenshot of Sachie riding a horse. The lady asked her a question. It wasn't that clear, but I figured it was something like "Did you ride in England?" (not so sure about the "England" part). Her reply was "I did" (yes, in English). My senses tell me that if she really did go to England to train, it could have been for this drama.
Re: Information in English: I've lamented on that before, even here on D-Addicts. There's actually a lot of information in Japanese; her Japanese fans are quite active. It's only very frustrating for me because I'm only starting to learn Japanese (without a lot of time to do it intensively), and I have to rely on online translators, which are quite inaccurate...

P.S.: Just a random thought: Speaking of our much-hoped for Taiho Shichauzo sequel... I wonder how they'd style her hair (hypothetically speaking, that is). I really can't imagine her with braids like Miyuki in the manga and the anime. :blink And if they're going to do a sequel (please?), they better come up with a better storyline (not like the first season had a real one...but I somehow enjoyed the episodic format :roll).

Ivanavi

Post by Ivanavi » Jan 12th, '09, 10:46

MochaValencia wrote:2. as Mikiko Gyoda in Shiroi Kage.

Shoot... I forgot about that! I'll edit my other post.
MochaValencia wrote:or how she would seem to not care but get over-excited over food :roll
Now that you mention it... LOL! her bites were huge

Now, Mocha, how many have you seen? And you too Katamari. You said you own 12, but I'm guessing you have watched more. <gg> If we get a Taiho sequel and a Lawyers sequel, that will be my best Japanese drama year ever! Hot! If they include Koyuki, then WOW! :w000t: And braids should be interesting. <gg>

Thanks to both of you for the screenshots. Wow, Sachie with glasses. She looks older but sexier. And check out that cute expression, first photo. Btw Katamari, are those subs Chinese? You understand Chinese?

Isn't "SACHIE" her first name? Why did she introduce herself as "HARA?" One more. What was her role in Chiritotechin? You mentioned it a few times before.
MochaValencia wrote: But then again, I do get carried away most of the time. :P
Katamari, did you see Mochas reply to the plastic surgery question? I think that's what she's talking about. he he.. Just teasing Mocha.

Seriously now. I think we're doin' pretty well here... I wish we have this kind of talk in Misaki's thread.
MochaValencia wrote:I sad too much again. Maybe I should change my username to LittleMissVerbose or something... :blink
No! That username is long! <gg>

Ivanavi

Post by Ivanavi » Jan 13th, '09, 16:45

Saw the Museum show about an hour ago. I was counting on Sachie's episode. She did the first one, right? Who was that guy anyway?! :cussing: He didn't really say much. It's not like I will understand him if he did.

I wonder which episode will be on tomorrow...

MochaValencia

Post by MochaValencia » Jan 14th, '09, 03:34

Re: Chiritotechin: Oh, I thought you've seen it! I went ahead and took some screenshots. You have to see these:

She was a freelance writer who had recurring appearances in this drama. I highly recommend this, though you might get overwhelmed with its 151 episodes (15 minutes each; Sachie appeared in at least 50 episodes). Great cast and story. This could've bumped Shichinin no Onna Bengoshi off my Top 5 if I judged based on the drama as a whole. I enjoyed this drama so much that seeing Sachie in some of the episodes became just a "treat." But don't get me wrong. She did have her moments, and her character was quite important to the story.

By the way, I forgot about her partner in this drama back when we were talking about her leading men.
He's Masaki Kyomoto. He's 19 years older than Sachie. :blink

:lol
Re: Appetite: It's not only in Shichinin no Onna Bengoshi. She was always munching in Taiho Shichauzo, even when it's Natsumi who's supposed be eating by the truckload. In Chiritotechin, too. There were lots of lunch/dinner scenes in that Asadora, but I think she ate faster than any other cast member in some instances. Big bites, too. :blink Her character also had a stash of instant cup noodles. And skinny as she may look, I think she really does love to eat in real life.

Re: "Hara" vs "Sachie": Using last names to refer to oneself and to others is cultural. Thats how I usually hear the Japanese introduce themselves, even in dramas. So far I've only heard three people call her by her first name: Pinko Izumi and Masahiro Nakai who both called her "Sachie-chan" during the SmapxSmap roulette bowling game, and Ran Suzuki (who I think is her best friend) who simply called her "Sachie." But Ran Suzuki introduced herself to the New Zealanders as "Lang-Lang." (Come to think of it, I've never heard Sachie say her own first name...) Hmm.. If you also notice in interviews, hosts would call her "Hara-san" despite calling the other guests by their first names. I have no real idea about her status in the industry, but there could be a good reason... :scratch:

Re: Muse: I was really counting on Feel 1; it would've been more logical if they started with the first one. But I do hope NHK World Premium would continue airing this. I watched last night's episode 'til the end, and I must admit that it was quite interesting even without Sachie.They showed Feel 11 last night (hosted by Rowland Kirishima). There's an episode 12 and it's not even Sachie's tour. Maybe they'll air the episodes backwards and show Feel 10 next, but that's just wishful thinking. Or maybe they're airing random episodes... I'll watch it again tonight anyway. :D But hey, they title they flashed was Muse!

ETA: Nevermind. I just finished watching Feel 12. I'm guessing NHK World Premium's been airing Muse since last year; we just found out a little too late. If that's the case, we may see new episodes in a month or so (if they ever plan on making more). There's a good chance that Sachie will be hosting the next episode.

Re: Dramas I've watched: I think my list would be shorter if I'd just list the ones I haven't seen yet :sweat: I made a list and realized that I've seen most of her dramas except :
Kaigo Etoile (I don't even know if this was released on DVD. She did ballet here and I want to see it.), Ranbo, Tsugaru Kaikyo Mystery Koro, Order Made, Yumemiru Budo, Shiroi Kage SP (I think this is just a cameo appearance. I still want to see it; the drama was really something), Shitto no Kaori, Sekai de Ichiban Atsui Natsu (I've only seen the last episode), Shin Omizu no Hanamichi and Omizu no Hanamichi, Sekai de Ichiban Papa ga Suki, Eve, and this 2006 drama with Shunsuke Nakamura (I have no idea what the title is...)

And I also haven't seen Irrashaimasse, Kanja-sama and Mail de Todoita Monogatari. I'd count in Love Song but I've seen about 80% of it. :P
Nikkan Sports Drama Grand Prix: There's really stiff competition right now for the awards and I'm not sure if Sachie has a fighting chance. I just thought we can show her some support. :D The whole thing is in Japanese, but if you're interested, you can vote here. Just click the big gray button with the letters "GP" on it to access the ballot.

ETA: I found the Dancing Sanma Palace SP on Veoh. Sachie's part starts about an hour and 43 minutes into the show.

Ivanavi

Post by Ivanavi » Jan 16th, '09, 16:01

MochaValencia wrote:Re: Chiritotechin: Oh, I thought you've seen it! I went ahead and took some screenshots. You have to see these:

She was a freelance writer who had recurring appearances in this drama. I highly recommend this, though you might get overwhelmed with its 151 episodes (15 minutes each; Sachie appeared in at least 50 episodes). Great cast and story. This could've bumped Shichinin no Onna Bengoshi off my Top 5 if I judged based on the drama as a whole. I enjoyed this drama so much that seeing Sachie in some of the episodes became just a "treat." But don't get me wrong. She did have her moments, and her character was quite important to the story.

By the way, I forgot about her partner in this drama back when we were talking about her leading men.
He's Masaki Kyomoto. He's 19 years older than Sachie. :blink

:lol
What the hell did they do to her?! She looked really nerdy with the big glasses in the first photo. And why was she dressed like a man? And that Masaki guy looks wrong for Sachie... But wait, you think this Chiritotechin was actually better than Lawyers? Hmm.. Thanks for the screenshots anyway. :D

Now about her appetite... With her skinny frame right now? I highly doubt she eats a lot. You sure? Man, it's either her metabolism is rocket fast or she overdoes her workout. I remember the lipo commercial. LOL
MochaValencia wrote:Re: Dramas I've watched: I think my list would be shorter if I'd just list the ones I haven't seen yet :sweat: I made a list and realized that I've seen most of her dramas except :
Kaigo Etoile (I don't even know if this was released on DVD. She did ballet here and I want to see it.), Ranbo, Tsugaru Kaikyo Mystery Koro, Order Made, Yumemiru Budo, Shiroi Kage SP (I think this is just a cameo appearance. I still want to see it; the drama was really something), Shitto no Kaori, Sekai de Ichiban Atsui Natsu (I've only seen the last episode), Shin Omizu no Hanamichi and Omizu no Hanamichi, Sekai de Ichiban Papa ga Suki, Eve, and this 2006 drama with Shunsuke Nakamura (I have no idea what the title is...)

And I also haven't seen Irrashaimasse, Kanja-sama and Mail de Todoita Monogatari. I'd count in Love Song but I've seen about 80% of it. :P
Wow... that's a lot. My list is shameful...

I voted. Man, that was hard. I had no idea every field was required. I only recognize the kanji for Sachie's name. I had to Google a lot of the other names. I also voted for Giragira.

Btw, thanks for the Veoh link. Aaah.. I wanna see her in Muse. I don;t see her in her real self often.

KatamariAddict

Post by KatamariAddict » Jan 17th, '09, 03:46

Thanks for the Ururun Germany and New Zealand pictures! I remember having those specials along with a few others from Studio 6 downloaded on my old computer. I miss that site.

Katamari. You said you own 12, but I'm guessing you have watched more.
Unfortunately, I've only seen the dramas that I have on DVD I don't stream any dramas online...my connection is not so good...takes too long. :crazy: I tried watching GiraGira online and gave up...lol. I'll get the DVD. I have been lucky enough to see quite a few of her TV interviews and guest spots online, which are always fun. My favorite is the one on toudo.com where she's riding the go-kart and making eggs ^_^ I just found out last week that's her co-star from Shiawase No Shippo. D'oh! I didn't even recognize him. His hair is so long.

"Sachie? Hara?"
I am a little confused on her name also. Last night I was watching the behind the scenes of Taiho Shichauzo and her co-star (Nagashima Kazushige) calls her just "Sachie" a few times when he was describing her fighting moves. Speaking of Taiho Shichauzo : is that "Amami Yuki" in the episode where the bus hijacked? The female hijacker looks a little like her.

Re:Chiritotechin
Great screnshots!! Sachie dressed as a man is a little crazy :crazy: I would like to see this. Is it something that s currently running in Japan?

"Btw Katamari, are those subs Chinese? You understand Chinese? "
Nah, I wish I spoke Chinese. The DVDs have English and Chinese subtitles and all of the characters have Chinese names. Sachie's character's name is "Fandao" and Yumiko's character's name is "TengTeng". I think I'm going to have to get the official DVD..I would love to see some behind the scenes stuff. After the very last episode of the DVDs I have, they show Sachie and Yumiko crying; I'm assuming it was their last day of shooting. Very touching.

Nikkan Sports Drama Grand Prix
I'm still trying to figure out how to vote on the site...but, I'm going to keep trying hopefully it will go through. :thumleft:

MochaValencia

Post by MochaValencia » Jan 19th, '09, 16:16

Still no update on the Muse site. I am still hoping for a Feel 13...

Re: Chiritotechin: This was NHK's 77th Asadora (morning drama) and I was lucky enough to have seen it on NHK World Premium when it aired from October 1, 2007 to March 29, 2008. It's available for download here on D-Addicts. YesAsia also has the DVD set. The drama revolves mainly around rakugo, a Japanese form of storytelling. Some of the stories came with skits, including that "Sachie=man" bit. It was really fun to watch. If you haven't noticed yet, all those "guys" are actually the female cast members. Now, about that first screenshot and more (I think I should mark this one as a spoiler, and yeah, read at your own risk...):
I like calling her character a "flip" (she was a bit over the top but...). When Natsuko was introduced in episode 8, her character was like an instant role model for the main character. She was also a "fashion icon" of some sort, at least for Shihori Kanjiya's character (she even imagined herself wearing Sachie's outfit). It was then revealed that though Natsuko was an independent woman, she was a poor housekeeper and a lazy cook. She also crams like hell beating her deadlines (remember that her character was a freelance writer. She was in her crammer's garb in that first screenshot.). Nevertheless, she remained one of Kiyomi's (Kanjiya Shihori) "guides" throughout the series.

Re: Chiritotechin vs Shichinin no Onna Bengoshi: As a whole? I think Chiritotechin actually outclasses the latter. I found Shichinin no Onna Bengoshi a bit repetitive and predictable, sometimes I would only watch for the actresses and the outfits. The Season 2 finale was its saving grace. But hey, that's just my opinion, Ivan. :P
Anyway, Chiritotechin, for me, was like a breath of fresh air. Sachie doesn't do comedies that often, that's why.

Re: Sachie and Kazushige: Only "Sachie?" That's strange. I scanned through my Postman DVD and heard her refer to him as "Kazushige-san." Anyway, despite that, I still think they're really close. And I also think that he's somewhat responsible for Sachie being cast in Postman.

Re: That "date" video: Hmm, if you're talking about this video, then the guy isn't Kenji Sakaguchi from Shiawase no Shippo; he's Tsuyoshi Domoto, her To Heart co-star. At first I thought that they were *really* dating, so I kind of panicked and asked about it here (if you anyone noticed it on the first page...) and in the Kinki Kids' thread. Turns out it's Tsuyoshi's TV show, and that *date* happened in 2004. That date was crazy. And Sachie's like a speed demon driving that go-kart... Now, the fishing part was something else. I thought she would hook Tsuyoshi's eyes out. :lol

Re: TV appearances/guestings: It's hard to predict, actually. Sometimes she's too shy or formal; sometimes she goes all out. There are instances when she says something funny out of the blue, then there are times when she's unintentionally funny... I remember watching one of the PR works she did for Shichinin no Onna Bengoshi 2. I think Yumiko did most of the talking, and Sachie sounded all too formal when it was her turn to speak. Then they had to play games on the Wii Fit and she just loosened up. I loved seeing her play. She failed miserably at the snowboarding game, but she was surprisingly good with the hula hoops. By the way, have you seen her PUSSUMA guest appearance? That was a blast.

Hmm, I think I can answer the real-life appetite question here. There was this TV show where the hosts and Sachie were talking about natto (and other stuff like it). When they were eating a few moments later, Sachie stood up and reached for the rice basket on the other side of the table for another serving. And let's not forget about her blog. Remember what I said a few posts ago about her old blog being mainly about travel and food? Well, she mentioned food trips in some travel entries...:roll Now, I want to see her as SMAP's bistro guest. In wonder what she'll order...

Re: Sachie being emotional: I was kind of expecting that kind of reaction (crying after filming Shichinin no Onna Bengoshi 2). Based on her TV guestings, I think she tears up really easily under different circumstances: the Studio Park staff had to hand her some Kleenex when her Chiritotechin castmates greeted her; she wipes her eyes when she's laughing too hard, and; she cried buckets in Ururun.

Nikkan Sports Grand Prix: I found a link to a "how to vote" article, but I'm here typing up my reply a little too late, sorry :-(... Looks like the results are in. Oh well, at least Aoi Miyazaki bagged the Best Actress award... I thought Sachie had a bigger chance with Shichinin no Onna Bengoshi 2 two seasons ago anyway...

P.S.: Nope, that wasn't Yuki Amami in episodes 1-2 of Taiho Shichauzo. :D

Ivanavi

Post by Ivanavi » Jan 21st, '09, 02:05

Cool info about Chicitotechin, thanks! I checked but looks like I'm gonna need a lot of space for it. Could've seen a few episodes on TV if I found Sachie earlier. Damn...

Are there always a lot of nominees for these awards? I wonder how many votes she got.

I remember clicking the link you posted for that video. It's that date with the chubby guy? I dunno, the link is working now, but the video is not.

And I know this is a stupid question, but how is "SACHIE" pronounced? :scratch: Is it something like just plain "SATCHI"?

MochaValencia

Post by MochaValencia » Jan 21st, '09, 02:20

Just pronounce the "i" and the "e" as separate vowels, so it would sound like "Sa-chee-yeh." That's not really a silly question. I also thought it was "Satchi" until I heard the SMAP people say her name. :roll Oh, I just checked, Ran Suzuki pronounces it as "Sat-che."

Re: awards: Before, I thought there was a board of some kind who's in charge of choosing the nominees, but then I noticed how both Nikkan Sports and the Japanese Television Drama Awards handle their cast lists. Looks like every actor or actress who fits a category is considered a nominee.

Ivanavi

Post by Ivanavi » Jan 21st, '09, 02:31

MochaValencia wrote:Just pronounce the "i" and the "e" as separate vowels, so it would sound like "Sa-chee-yeh." That's not really a silly question. I also thought it was "Satchi" until I heard the SMAP people say her name. :roll Oh, I just checked, Ran Suzuki pronounces it as "Sat-che."
"SATCHI" sounds cuter. LOL Still, she has a very sexy name.
MochaValencia wrote:Re: awards: Before, I thought there was a board of some kind who's in charge of choosing the nominees, but then I noticed how both Nikkan Sports and the Japanese Television Drama Awards handle their cast lists. Looks like every actor or actress who fits a category is considered a nominee.
Now, now. She needs a kick-ass role to win those awards... What a shame

MochaValencia

Post by MochaValencia » Jan 25th, '09, 08:20

Ivanavi wrote:Now, now. She needs a kick-ass role to win those awards... What a shame
You know, it would really be interesting to see her as a villain--a really evil one. By "evil" I mean not the shady, misguided, manipulative type; I want to see her play a sinister, rotten to the core, maybe even criminally insane character. That should be really challenging... If we can't have that I'd be content with seeing her as a doctor (or as a mental patient); she's always the nurse... :roll More than that, I think she needs a drama which would have more exposure. Shichinin no Onna Bengoshi 2 got a lot of hype, but that wasn't enough, apparently.

Anyway, I'm here with some updates!

She will be on Shinsuke Shimada's show tomorrow night on NTV at 21:00-21:54 JST. Shinsuke's not an unfamiliar face to Sachie fans; he's the guy who teases her almost every chance he gets. But then again, he's like that with most of his guests. Again, for those not in Japan who don't have NTV on cable, you can catch this guest appearance via the live streams. As usual, I'll be watching on KeyHole TV, which by the way, has a new version.

I found another Sekisuiheim CM. Enjoy! ----- ETA: I found another version of the Christmas CM on the Sekisuiheim homepage.

Posters at the 2ch BBS site have also posted some new information. Two updates look like they're from Sachie's mobile blog: first is that she's filming an NHK drama due this spring; the other update says she's shooting a new CM, though it's still unclear if it's for Sekisuiheim, Lipovitan Fine!, or a new company or product. There's another bit of information, but I don't think I can post it until I get more news. It's actually quite interesting. :P

That's all for now! :salut:

Ivanavi

Post by Ivanavi » Jan 28th, '09, 00:01

Whoa! You like dark dramas, don't you? Come on, people might hate her because of a role. he he.. I want to see her in a lead role.

I missed the guest appearance. Busy Monday. How was it? Got screenshots? Thanks for the Keyhole update. I was wondering why mine was not working.

Sekisuiheim. Wow, she's really cute in that first CM. I can't really hear her singing but those dimples! How tall is that guy with her?
MochaValencia wrote: Posters at the 2ch BBS site have also posted some new information. Two updates look like they're from Sachie's mobile blog: first is that she's filming an NHK drama due this spring; the other update says she's shooting a new CM, though it's still unclear if it's for Sekisuiheim, Lipovitan Fine!, or a new company or product. There's another bit of information, but I don't think I can post it until I get more news. It's actually quite interesting. :P
The BBS site is this right? http://mamono.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/act ... 5458/1-100 Uh, what updates? the last post was 2008/12/20.

MochaValencia

Post by MochaValencia » Feb 4th, '09, 03:05

If viewers find her character as despicable and hateful as the writer(s), director(s) and she meant it to be, then that would only mean she's effective as an actress. Besides, it should always be "hate the character, not the actor/actress." There are a lot of artists the world over who have played evil characters yet have managed to stay likable. And the creators usually find their way around a role which might affect an artist's image (remember Amami Yuki's dance sequence in the end credits of Jyoou no Kyoushitsu?). Sachie's done a lot of dark dramas (and yes, I love dark dramas in general). Heck, even her first lead role was in a dark drama. But of course, it's great to see some light-hearted ones every once in a while. Hmm, I hope she'd do something like Around 40 someday.

Re: Shinsuke Shimada's show (I need help with the title): My screenshots are crap, but just to give you an idea:

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Looks like Sachie just decided to let go and be wacky. I'm pretty positive that they were talking about quirks, weird habits and all. Sachie looked too excited to reveal hers. Silly me for not catching a shot of her raising her hand like a kid, as if saying something like "Me next! Me next!." Looks like Sachie is a major cellphone addict. There was this dramatization (the actress playing her also had dimples) and she was shown checking her phone over and over: while on the sofa, while brushing her teeth, while eating, and before going to bed. And I was wondering what the deal was with this sheep, but I checked her Japanese Wikipedia entry and turns out that she ends her text messages with that sheep instead of i.e., a smiley.

Re: 2ch BBS: Oops, sorry, the link I posted before was only for the first 100 posts of Part 4. Here you go.

Mark your calendars! Sachie's set to appear as a guest star on Koshonin SP, which will be aired on February 28 on NTV at 21:00-23:06. They're still doing casting calls for extras, but I guess we'll get more news in the next few week.
I have a hunch that she'll be one of the kidnap victims...Oh well...
P.S.: That's Abe Hiroshi who stands about 6'3". He's the main endorser of Sekisuiheim (he's "Heim"), and he's done quite a number of CMs and web features with Sachie. You should check out his dramas. He's really good.

Five pages (72 posts, though I have to admit that most of them are mine) in two years... We can do better, but it's not bad at all, right?

Ivanavi

Post by Ivanavi » Feb 8th, '09, 09:43

Good point. I also want to see an evil Sachie now. he he Thanks for your screenshots. Gonna try to look for it. Do cell phones in Japan really have weird characters? I will never end my messages with a sheep.

LOL! Was this a Sadako impression?!

Checking out the BBS. I'm looking for that "another bit of information" you were talking about. I'll find it. First I have to figure out the translations...
MochaValencia wrote:Mark your calendars! Sachie's set to appear as a guest star on Koshonin SP, which will be aired on February 28 on NTV at 21:00-23:06. They're still doing casting calls for extras, but I guess we'll get more news in the next few week.
I have a hunch that she'll be one of the kidnap victims...Oh well...

Thanks! I hope I can watch that. I wonder if they are looking for Caucasian extras. I want a scene with her. but you don't sound too happy.
What if she turns out to the kidnappers' boss? That's evil
Ah, yes, Heard of Abe. He looked too tall over Sachie. I'm an inch shorter than him so Sachie and me will look just fine. yessir.

Ivanavi

Post by Ivanavi » Feb 13th, '09, 23:56

Where did everyone go?

Mocha - I spotted something in the BBS. I dunno, but I think this was what you're talking about. Is it? #110?
I'm getting 'boyfriend' from Google. Does this mean she has a boyfriend now? Wow, I'm disappointed.. And what 'chimpanzee' (#113)?