How About J-Actresses/Actors you DON'T like??

Discuss about your favourite Japanese Actors and Actresses
rossie8785

How About J-Actresses/Actors you DON'T like??

Post by rossie8785 » Oct 29th, '08, 02:22

So, I see that this forum is especially talking about our favorite actresses or actors. But now, let's talk about actresses/actors that we DON'T like..

Well as for me, I don't like ANNE SUZUKI

And the reasons for that maybe because:
- She isn't very pretty, her eyes are too big and she has a strange-shaped lips..
- Her acting is not outstanding, just standard
- She just have a standard body..

But, I really wonder, why does she often get the main role? Such as at Ganbatte Ikkimashoi, Stand Up!, and Kindaichi Shonen no Jikenbo..
And the worst is when she paired with Matsujun at Kindaichi Shonen no Jikenbo... sigh.. :-( as for me, that's the worst pair I have seen in Jdramas.

HOW BOUT Y'ALL??

:salut:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Oct 29th, '08, 03:00

For one, your signature. :P

And most of those pretty boys who can't act their way out of a paper bag.

Koyama

Post by Koyama » Oct 29th, '08, 10:33

i don't like hamada gaku and harada natsuki because i can't stand their faces XD~ ...

groink

Post by groink » Oct 29th, '08, 17:52

Well, the thing about Suzuki Anne is that she has roots in Japanese dramas dating back to 1996. Many adults are familiar with her and her works - some of which stand out ahead of many others like Aoi Tori and Akimahende. She'll be around for a long time.

Otherwise, Japanese artists I don't really care for:

Ayase Haruka - I just don't like her look - especially her eyes. As a matter of fact, I don't like gravure models -> actresses as a whole.

Hinagata Akiko - Another gravure model turned actress. Very fake acting.

Ueto Aya - I used to dislike her because of her ridiculously looking smile. But now that's she's a full-on adult, she doesn't do it as much so I can tolerate her. But still, she has only one or two styles of acting. And I can tell when she does not like the part she's playing. I'm sure her agency is forcing her to do these projects.

Nogiwa Yoko - Well, she' s cool. She just appears in too many shows.

--- groink

XrayZ

Post by XrayZ » Oct 29th, '08, 18:12

So... this thread starts with a girl slagging off a girl for being ugly, then a dude chimes in hating on pretty boys...

Hmm.... do I smell an inferiority complex, lingering in the air like a cabbage-laden fart?

Seriously, though, I think a lot of J-dramas are very shallow and its a little unfair to judge so harshly on acting when the writing and direction are all geared so blatantly towards pure entertainment.

But yeah, bmwracer, i agree... like, the entire prett-boy cast of that gay vampire show could all fall off the same cliff and I personally wouldn't care.

I saw Suzuki Anne in a small movie role and I thought she was quite good. And kinda cute. Gender bias...?

Ginto-gin

Post by Ginto-gin » Oct 29th, '08, 18:17

Masami Nagasawa
Kyoko Fukada

...'nuff said.

Also, Keiko Kitagawa's furrowed brow expression makes her look cross-eyed.

As for the guys-- Satoshi Tomiura... dude, what's up with the voice??
Last edited by Ginto-gin on Oct 29th, '08, 19:08, edited 1 time in total.

regregreg

Post by regregreg » Oct 29th, '08, 18:46

Ayase Haruka

Her face is so irritating, I'd like to slap her. Too bad she plays one of the main roles in my all-time favourite jdrama Byakuyakou. :crazy:

sarah117

Post by sarah117 » Oct 29th, '08, 18:50

hmm.. since i don't know as many actors as you all know, i think maybe we should put the actors/actresses' photo beside their name, so that we (i actually) can identify them easier..
:lol

for me maybe it's Yamashita Tomohisa. well, i don't really hate him, but right now i tend to avoid dramas featuring him. i found his style of acting a bit boring. i don't like his style behind the scene either.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Oct 29th, '08, 19:08

XrayZ wrote:then a dude chimes in hating on pretty boys...
Yet later you're in agreement... :mrgreen:
Seriously, though, I think a lot of J-dramas are very shallow and its a little unfair to judge so harshly on acting when the writing and direction are all geared so blatantly towards pure entertainment.
YUp... Most of the shallow dramas are typically a ratings grab: piling on the popular "actors" in some kinda nonsensical drama just to exploit their fangirlability.
But yeah, bmwracer, i agree... like, the entire prett-boy cast of that gay vampire show could all fall off the same cliff and I personally wouldn't care.
There ya go. :thumright:
I saw Suzuki Anne in a small movie role and I thought she was quite good. And kinda cute. Gender bias...?

Probably.

I liked her in Returner. :)

NakajimaYuto

Post by NakajimaYuto » Oct 29th, '08, 19:46

For me, i don't like Anne Suzuki either ... ._."
I really couldn't stand her in Stand Up!

Then there is Nagasawa Masami, i don't like her acting, dunno why ...
I also don't like how she looks xD~ ...

And ... Harada Natsuki ... Oh man, i really hate her and can't stop laughing when I see her ...
In my opinion her acting is ... horrible ... wuah, don't really wanna think about her ^^" ...

Ha ?! Weems like i'm totally against women xD~ ...

Ryoopii

Post by Ryoopii » Oct 29th, '08, 19:55

I don't really like Nagasawa Masami either.. I dunno, I don't really think her acting is that great >.< I think that she did act some nice scenes in Last Friends for example, but she's really bad at fake-crying XP *hides*

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Oct 29th, '08, 20:16

nagasawa Masami

and recently Horikita Maki is getting on my nerves

Jillibean

Post by Jillibean » Oct 29th, '08, 20:18

I've only seen her in a couple dramas, but Fukiishi Kazue kinda annoys me. I'm not entirely sure why.

I also don't understand the popularity of a lot of Johnny's boys. I mean sure, they're nice to look at, but that's pretty much it... (Not all of them, but a fair few)

Kaitoz

Post by Kaitoz » Oct 29th, '08, 20:28

Inoue Mao. :glare:

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Oct 29th, '08, 20:35

Ginto-gin wrote:As for the guys-- Satoshi Tomiura... dude, what's up with the voice??
You mean... other than puberty? lol

kawaiimomo

Post by kawaiimomo » Oct 29th, '08, 20:45

Aragaki Yui- i don't hate her that much but her voice annoys me and i really don't like her acting, like in Koizora, i thought it was weak

Nagasawa Masami- again the voice annoys me and ya her acting does too

Erika Sawajiri- other than having a crap personality i didn't like her in Taiyou no Uta she annoyed me

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Oct 29th, '08, 21:07

Horikita Maki (her smile looks so fake) and Yamapi (always plays the same character, excluding Akira in Nobuta).

Lately I also disliked Fukada Kyoko (in Gakko ja Oshierarenai). I'm not sure if it was just poor acting or poor acting, bad directing and a lousy character combined.

Jeshka

Post by Jeshka » Oct 29th, '08, 21:08

I can't watch anything with Ueto Aya. She plays it SO cute and SO perky that I actually become nauseated. Even 30 second commercials featuring her make me a bit queasy.

XrayZ wrote:
the entire prett-boy cast of that gay vampire show...
Ooh, that sounds good. What's the name of that drama? :whistling: Oh, did I misread that? Is the show gay, or are the vampires gay? Gay vampires = :thumleft: Well, I guess I'm off to the "What are your fetishes" thread.

KuroSawa

Post by KuroSawa » Oct 29th, '08, 21:11

I don't like Ito Hideaki, he was so annoying in First Kiss, I stopped watchin' it...
but then somehow I made myself to watch Sukiyaki Western Django, and he was in it, and he was even kinda cool.

So now I think maybe I could like him if I watch him playing some really nice character...

xshortii

Post by xshortii » Oct 29th, '08, 22:06

i hate masami

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Oct 29th, '08, 23:55

Wow, a lot of people dumping on Masami.... LOL.

mikautada

Post by mikautada » Oct 30th, '08, 00:08

kozumifan wrote:nagasawa Masami

ei what happaned? i remember you're one of her fans before..:(

to stay on topic, i dont like ueto, nagasawa, eikura nana, ishihara satomi..they're overrated and over exposed..:whistling:

id rather see more of real actresses like ueno juri, shida mirai..

rossie8785

Post by rossie8785 » Oct 30th, '08, 02:06

XrayZ wrote:So... this thread starts with a girl slagging off a girl for being ugly, then a dude chimes in hating on pretty boys...
LOL that is normal in the world dude... Even in highschool pretty girls slag off a-maybe-ugly-looking girl
XrayZ wrote:I saw Suzuki Anne in a small movie role and I thought she was quite good. And kinda cute. Gender bias...?
Gender issue? LOL I dont think so, it's a TASTE issue..
See..some people say they dislike Masami, while some others think as she's a goddess.. bmwracer also dislike Kame, while i like him so much... But I can understand that peoples' taste differ each other. So dont easily judge on something

And male actor i dont like is... Akanishi Jin LOL..
kawaiimomo wrote: Erika Sawajiri- other than having a crap personality i didn't like her in Taiyou no Uta she annoyed me
Hmmm... what happen with Erika? What crap personality? I dont follow her much..
Last edited by rossie8785 on Oct 30th, '08, 02:11, edited 1 time in total.

groink

Post by groink » Oct 30th, '08, 02:10

Why a lot of people don't like Nagasawa Masami? I think it is because a lot of females do not like divas in Japanese entertainment (or quite possibly any entertainment industry.) A number of women, including Nagasawa, Sawajiri, and even the old-school gals like Matsuda Seiko are disliked because of their diva status. You wouldn't believe how many older Japanese women hate Matsuda Seiko, and I laugh my arse off each time my bobora g/f bitches and moans about her.

--- groink

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Oct 30th, '08, 04:05

rossie8785 wrote:bmwracer also dislike Kame, while i like him so much...
The dude is SO overrated...

I saw him in Kindaichi_Shonen no Jikenbo 2005 (only because of Juri-chan) and his acting was just awful... :thumbdown:

rossie8785

Post by rossie8785 » Oct 30th, '08, 05:44

bmwracer wrote:The dude is SO overrated...

I saw him in Kindaichi_Shonen no Jikenbo 2005 (only because of Juri-chan) and his acting was just awful... :thumbdown:
And talking about Kindaichi Shonnen no Jikenbo.. I'm really glad that Juri took it over from Suzuki Anne :roll
And I'm kinda feel it's funny that your most favorite actress was paired with the guy you dislike the most. LOL.

plain_love

Post by plain_love » Oct 30th, '08, 06:02

i dont like Kyoko Fukada, for me she is fake, her act, her smile, her voice.
I also dont like Itoh Misaki, same with Kyoko Fukada, they're both fake

Ivanavi

Post by Ivanavi » Oct 30th, '08, 07:55

LOL. And I like Itoh Misaki. Eyecandy, yessir!

She's not short or ugly but I can't learn to like Shaku Yumiko. I also think I'm getting sick of Nakama Yukie.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Oct 30th, '08, 13:39

rossie8785 wrote:And I'm kinda feel it's funny that your most favorite actress was paired with the guy you dislike the most. LOL.
It's not funny, it's sickening. :P

I don't dislike him the most, but he's in the same class with the rest of those talentless JE boys.

Bleah.

junior_pansy

Post by junior_pansy » Oct 30th, '08, 14:07

kozumifan wrote:
Right on... :salut:

Magma

Post by Magma » Oct 30th, '08, 14:24

Nagasawa Masami = fake acting, disgustingly "cute"

I disliked her in Last Friends
but I truly hated her in Romeo and Juliet
she just ruined a perfectly good tackey drama for me

lenrasoon

Post by lenrasoon » Oct 30th, '08, 16:17

i don't like Akanishi Jin acting, especially in Yukan club, that was when i finally realized that he sucks lol.

Horikita Maki is cute! but unfortunately she is too self conscious with her acting, maybe she'll improve in the future idk

and what happened to Fukada Kyoko?! gosh she was great in "Kamisama mou sukoshi dake" and her latest works are just bleh...I hope she picks better projects.

as much as i like "ProDai" with Yamapi, i think he's not a good actor, sure he's hot, but he lacks something...maybe is that self conscious disease that Maki-chan has XD.

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Oct 30th, '08, 16:56

groink wrote:Why a lot of people don't like Nagasawa Masami? I think it is because a lot of females do not like divas in Japanese entertainment (or quite possibly any entertainment industry.) A number of women, including Nagasawa, Sawajiri, and even the old-school gals like Matsuda Seiko are disliked because of their diva status. You wouldn't believe how many older Japanese women hate Matsuda Seiko, and I laugh my arse off each time my bobora g/f bitches and moans about her.

--- groink

Or it could be the fact that Masami played two of the most horribly irritating characters I've ever seen in Jdrmas. Between Rei and Michiko, I'm not sure who I'd rather see beaten to death by a member of NEWS. As a result, she's on the list of actors I will avoid like the plague.

Horikita Maki also plays too many characters that annoy me. Preachy, hamhanded, nonsensical characters.

The only role I liked for Yamapi was Shun in IWGP. Most of the time he does very little acting. While he doesn't drive me away from watching a drama, I'm not impressed by his work either.

Akanishi Jin can't act his way out of a wet paper bag.

Kame was a terrible Kindaichi, he was more like his role in Nobuta all over again. He seems to play the same role a lot. I've only got one role that I liked him in, and I wouldn't say that it took a genius actor to do that.

I like Suzuki Anne--maybe moreso for having the skin to survive in an industry where every superficial person in the world will judge her for her looks rather than placing value on a normal looking girl playing characters instead of another fake idol. (Yeah, Returner was great, and I liked her in Stand Up! too.)

If I'm going to dislike an actor or actress, I need a more substantial reason than looks.
LOL that is normal in the world dude... Even in highschool pretty girls slag off a-maybe-ugly-looking girl
When people grow up and leave highschool the world generally expects better behavior from them. I'm not impressed by superficial idiots at any age. Pretty girls do not always act like jerks. Your example is simply citing poor human behavior and rationalizing it. Just remember with a matter of taste not everyone will think you're prettier than Suzuki Anne either. :whistling:
Last edited by ryoko11 on Oct 30th, '08, 23:05, edited 3 times in total.

quandary

Post by quandary » Oct 30th, '08, 17:31

It seems as though a lot of very capable actress and actors are taking the blame for bad scripts in this thread. When someone young, like Horikita Maki for example, is riding a huge wave of popularity, the temptation to cash in and do a lot of work without caring too much about quality must be pretty great. Stars have to be bankable, but they also have to do challenging work once in a while to increase their skills and insure their careers beyond the cutie-pie idol stage. It's like anywhere else, I guess, really good scripts are hard to come by, much harder to find than actors and actresses to play the parts.

vhh

Post by vhh » Oct 30th, '08, 18:11

Cant really say I don't like the following actors, but I'll list them anyway.

Abe Sadao -- He's annoying in every role I've seen him in.

Yamashita Tomohisa -- Plays more or less the same guy all the time.

Fujiki Naohito -- Always plays the handsome guy. I guess that annoys me.

Jinnai Takanori -- :alcoholic: :goggle: conveys my feelings.

For the women

Hasegawa Kyoko -- She gets on my nerves now, or maybe it's the roles shes been getting. Not sure.

Itoh Misaki -- Talk about cant act their way out of a paper bag.

And to everyone who says Harada Natsuki looks funny or is bad actress -- :P. She's so good baby!

poonk
United States of America

Post by poonk » Oct 30th, '08, 18:28

The only actor/actress I actively avoid is Takeuchi Yuko, the female lead in such dramas as Pride, Lunch Queen, Egao no Hosoku (which I have seen), and Fukigen na Gene (which I dropped at 2 eps). In the 3 series I've seen her in, I always felt she was the weakest link. I feel her acting is somewhat "flat" and expressionless and I never end up caring what happens to her character(s). So I've just sorta learned to skip anything she's in.

(P.S. to ryoko11 -- may I ask what series your avatar is from? :lol )

groink

Post by groink » Oct 30th, '08, 18:45

poonk wrote:The only actor/actress I actively avoid is Takeuchi Yuko <snip>
The only time I was bummed out regarding her character is when, in Asuka, she cut her pretty long black hair, and turned herself into a tomboy! :( But other than that, I consider Yuko's acting style (if you want to call it a style) to be quite generic, and IMHO quite common among the Japanese artists. It is too bad no one here has seen Wataru Seken wa Oni Bakari because all the artists in this series is the epitome of bland, generic acting. But then again, the entire series is written much like an American soap where any artist can be yanked out of the cast and replaced with someone else. So individuality and unique style is not encouraged.

Keep in mind now that there is a cultural difference in acting between the Japanese and other Eastern Asian cultures. Everything Japanese has a sense of being monotone, while other cultures are allowed to be more lively, bubbly, or whatever else. I'd say 95-percent of all Japanese artists have a toned down acting style. People outside of Japan can continue to offer his/her opinion, but I suggest we all keep these things in mind.

--- groink

Goodnessgracious

Post by Goodnessgracious » Oct 30th, '08, 20:05

I can't stand Aibu Saki. She ruins every single drama she is in. I find Nagasawa Masami and Kato Rosa horribly overrated both in acting and looks departament, but I don't completely hate them. There are also very few Johnnys I can stand (Nagase Tomoya for example), as most of them are absolutely horrendous. .

Goodnessgracious

Post by Goodnessgracious » Oct 30th, '08, 20:10

junior_pansy wrote:
kozumifan wrote:
Right on... :salut:
Same for me. I used to like her, but now I am getting sick of her overly cute image.

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Oct 30th, '08, 20:38

ryoko11 wrote:
groink wrote:Why a lot of people don't like Nagasawa Masami? I think it is because a lot of females do not like divas in Japanese entertainment (or quite possibly any entertainment industry.) A number of women, including Nagasawa, Sawajiri, and even the old-school gals like Matsuda Seiko are disliked because of their diva status. You wouldn't believe how many older Japanese women hate Matsuda Seiko, and I laugh my arse off each time my bobora g/f bitches and moans about her.

--- groink

Or it could be the fact that Masami played two of the most horribly irritating characters I've ever seen in Jdrmas. Between Rei and Michiko, I'm not sure who I'd rather see beaten to death by a member of NEWS. As a result, she's on the list of actors I will avoid like the plague.
Agreed. I have no idea what kind of a diva Nagasawa Masami is nor do I care. Everytime I've seen her she hasn't been that convincing. I saw Last Friends as a chance to actually show some skill (even if in the end they took the safe way out), but she was just bad. (and she's pretty annoying too, but that's pretty much wrong with almost every female character in almost every drama)
quandary wrote:It seems as though a lot of very capable actress and actors are taking the blame for bad scripts in this thread.
I don't necessarily agree. I've seen quite a few movies and tv-shows that have been bad, but have had good performances by good actors. Granted, there's only so much you can do in an idol-drama, but some can't even do that.
groink wrote:Keep in mind now that there is a cultural difference in acting between the Japanese and other Eastern Asian cultures. Everything Japanese has a sense of being monotone, while other cultures are allowed to be more lively, bubbly, or whatever else. I'd say 95-percent of all Japanese artists have a toned down acting style. People outside of Japan can continue to offer his/her opinion, but I suggest we all keep these things in mind.

--- groink
I don't see how that's an issue when comparing Japanese actors/actresses (no one here is making comparisons to actors/actresses from other cultures). I'm pretty sure people here are already familiar with how dramas are and how they differ from other countries' dramas. And you don't have to be "lively, bubbly, or whatever" to give a good performance. With a monotone or toned down acting style, it's important to be able to convey as much feeling as you can without doing much. Some can do it, others fall flat.

sarah117

Post by sarah117 » Oct 30th, '08, 21:24

poonk wrote:The only actor/actress I actively avoid is Takeuchi Yuko, the female lead in such dramas as Pride, Lunch Queen, Egao no Hosoku (which I have seen), and Fukigen na Gene (which I dropped at 2 eps). In the 3 series I've seen her in, I always felt she was the weakest link. I feel her acting is somewhat "flat" and expressionless and I never end up caring what happens to her character(s). So I've just sorta learned to skip anything she's in.
well, have you seen Bara no nai Hanaya yet? maybe you would change your mind.. :roll
i really want a sister like her.. :P
(P.S. to ryoko11 -- may I ask what series your avatar is from? :lol )
i think it's from Kindaichi Shonen no Jikenbo, but i don't really sure from which version..

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Oct 30th, '08, 21:31

poonk wrote:(P.S. to ryoko11 -- may I ask what series your avatar is from? :lol )

Sara117 got it right. It's from the first season of Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo. (Tsuyoshi was my favorite Hajime.)

Btw, I do have a problem getting myself to watch Takeuchi Yuko since the drama Pride. I try to give actors a couple of bum appearances before fleeing from their very name, but that role was really bad for me. My mother and I still make fun of her overacted rain scene. "Halu is crying!" LOL (I do like her in other dramas like Bara no Nai Hanaya, but I just can never seem to forget Pride.)

Aibu Saki's name makes me cringe too post Zettai Kareshi. (And if Utahime had come afterwards, I might have missed a show I like as a result.) Basically they've each got a strike so big it counts for two.

@quandry

I do feel it's the actor's duty to pick the best scripts possible to make themselves marketable and to deliver the best performance they can for the character they have signed on to play. When they consistently fail at both these tasks, there are going to be viewers questioning both the actor's taste and ability.

Kimura Takuya has been playing basically the same character throughout his career, but he generally picks scripts that are good for that character and delivers a performance that satisfies his fans. He doesn't necessarily pick challenging scripts, but he's smart about trying to keep himself bankable.

Horikita Maki on the other hand has chosen several scripts that do her no justice and played the characters in ways that were less than enjoyable for me. Just because Tsururu is supposed to be Kurosaki's conscience and the one to express the ideal of the law in Kurosagi, does not mean she had to spend 11 episodes playing the character as preachy and unsympathetic. There were multiple episodes designed to give the character some pathos, and she failed at almost every turn, imo. It's not easy to play the character who spends the entire series telling the lead not to do the very thing all the viewers are invested in seeing him do. So when you take that role, you'd better give one heck of a performance. She didn't. And that's not my only problem role from her.

Other actors of both genders have played roles that could have easily treaded into that territory for me, but the actor had the ability to play the character in such a way that whether the character was good or nasty the performance was something you wanted to watch.

vhh

Post by vhh » Oct 30th, '08, 22:27

Kimura Takuya has been playing basically the same character throughout his career, but he generally picks scripts that are good for that character and delivers a performance that satisfies his fans. He doesn't necessarily pick challenging scripts, but he's smart about trying to keep himself bankable.
Wanted to add Kimutaku always manages a fresh performance in the roles he's in, no matter if he seems like the same guy. I think it has to do with his personal charisma more than anything, unlike, Yamapi for example.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Oct 31st, '08, 13:32

Goodnessgracious wrote:There are also very few Johnnys I can stand (Nagase Tomoya for example), as most of them are absolutely horrendous. .
Yup. :thumright:

The only thing they typically contribute to dramas is ratings... And not very much quality.

kurotenshi

Post by kurotenshi » Oct 31st, '08, 15:13

Some actresses i like very much, others let me indifferent, but i can't say there is one i can't stand. Same thing for the men, with one exception though: Akinichi Jin. Don't like him as an actor, don't like him as entertainer and don't like him as a person. Ok, he's a really 'pretty' boy but he's far too vain. Can't stand his overly fake 'sexy' attitude. I wouldn't want him as a lover or even as a friend. Maybe i'm being unfair, and he's a wonderful person in reality, but this is not the image he gives.

As some people said, many of these idols(male and female) are victims of bad scripts. I sometimes feel sorry for them. And i'm not sure that they have a say when it comes to choose a part. Don't forget they are 'products' created to sell. Girls get to play stupid or annoying and boys stupid or cool. Not much else.

Sorry for my english. Not a native speaker!

justsayes

Post by justsayes » Oct 31st, '08, 16:32

Hmm, the actress I don't like doesn't really suffer from bad acting, but for some reason I just don't like her. I didn't like her in Antique, I didn't like her in Engine, and I sure as hell still didn't like her in Ikebukuro West Gate Park.

Koyuki's a decent actress, actually. But everytime she comes on screen I just want to throw things at my laptop. I wonder why.

I'm thinking it's probably the roles I've seen her in, so I'm open to giving her another chance. I don't think I hated her as much in IWGP.

dokodemodoa

Post by dokodemodoa » Oct 31st, '08, 17:03

--- groink
No, it's not because status of a diva
We women unconsciously hates those whiny type who always acts to get all the attention.
yes, I don't like Masami

I also want to slap akanishi jin's face everytime his lips were moving.
Don't know why
:scratch:

yihase

Post by yihase » Oct 31st, '08, 17:45

The one actor I always avoid is Yamapi. I couldn't stand him in Nobuta, so since I've been repeatedly told that's his best role, I really don't want to subject myself to anything even worse.

Others I'm not too fond of are Akanishi Jin, Nishikido Ryo, Takizawa Hideaki, Matsu Takako, Horikita Maki and Ito Atsushi.

groink

Post by groink » Oct 31st, '08, 18:57

dokodemodoa wrote:No, it's not because status of a diva
We women unconsciously hates those whiny type who always acts to get all the attention.
yes, I don't like Masami
Isn't that what a diva actually does? :crazy: Being a diva is all about survival of the fittest, not being the sweetest person in the geinokai.

--- groink

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Oct 31st, '08, 19:13

Horikita Maki (sp?) - Horrible actress
Nagasawa Masami - Highly annoying.
Yamapi - He's alright some time , most of the time I want to smack him a bit.
Akanishi Jin - I can't belive I forgot about him , he's just eww in General. ( Some of that stems from not really liking KAT-TUN ).
Kamenashi Kazuya - His acting is really fake.

dokodemodoa

Post by dokodemodoa » Oct 31st, '08, 23:23

groink wrote: Isn't that what a diva actually does? :crazy: Being a diva is all about survival of the fittest, not being the sweetest person in the geinokai.

--- groink

I don' quite get your meaning of a "diva" :D
If being a diva equals to a plainly annoying artificial *ahem* woman who whines and seek to all the attention every time she appears then she is one.

I used to thought it's somewhat classy, like using your natural charm or talent to make people constantly salute you.

miznagase

Post by miznagase » Nov 1st, '08, 00:32

nagasawa masami: michiru in last friends UGH!!!
can't stand her fake smile and laugh
it's soooooo annoying
and she can't act to save her life.
i wanted to kill myself every time she would do a crying scene in LF...so fake and horrendous
horikita maki: her acting is not as bad as masami's, but her fake smile is getting on my nerves :thumbdown:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Nov 1st, '08, 03:52

LOL, it's almost a Masami landslide... :lol

Too bad she's not running for any office. :lol :D :lol

groink

Post by groink » Nov 1st, '08, 07:54

dokodemodoa wrote:I used to thought it's somewhat classy, like using your natural charm or talent to make people constantly salute you.
No and way. :lol Not when you have Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey, Madonna.... Oh I can go on and on! Wikipedia refers to my definition of diva... "The term is often used with a negative connotation. This derives from the implication that a star who is a 'diva' is arrogant, difficult to work with, high-maintenance, manipulative, fussy, highly strung, privileged and demanding. Professional singers and actors often use this term to describe someone who desires the stage spotlight over others." Yes, Masami and such fits the bill.

--- groink

mrsmilevskyi2001

Post by mrsmilevskyi2001 » Nov 1st, '08, 08:34

yihase wrote:The one actor I always avoid is Yamapi. I couldn't stand him in Nobuta, so since I've been repeatedly told that's his best role, I really don't want to subject myself to anything even worse.
you took the words right off of my mouth! i don't get the whole yamapi obsession. he's not much to look at (now i'm not being vain at all since beauty lies in the eyes of beholder :D) and his acting was just terrible. i haven't finished kurosagi after four or five times trying to watch it and i just give up. :crazy: the other one i really dislike is akanishi jin. as for the actress i'm with the majority in here. i hate nagasawa masami, period.[/b]

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Nov 1st, '08, 10:55

groink wrote:
dokodemodoa wrote:I used to thought it's somewhat classy, like using your natural charm or talent to make people constantly salute you.
No and way. :lol Not when you have Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey, Madonna.... Oh I can go on and on! Wikipedia refers to my definition of diva... "The term is often used with a negative connotation. This derives from the implication that a star who is a 'diva' is arrogant, difficult to work with, high-maintenance, manipulative, fussy, highly strung, privileged and demanding. Professional singers and actors often use this term to describe someone who desires the stage spotlight over others." Yes, Masami and such fits the bill.

--- groink
But, the difference between, let's say, Madonna and Masami is that Madonna has "earned" her status. She's been working pretty much non-stop for the last 20 years, "earning" her place as a respected star. She might be a diva, but she has "talent" to back up her demanding character. People respect her, whether she is a diva or not. (haha, Madonna is a pretty bad example in my case, since I have no respect for her "talent" - I do respect all the hard work she's done, tho)
Anyway, while the word diva does have a negative ring to it, I still connect it to people who might be demanding and high-maintenance, but have skill, charisma and so on. If you're whiny, demanding and difficult to work with and on top of that have average skills in acting/singing/whatever you do, you get cut off.

joshamax

Post by joshamax » Nov 1st, '08, 15:58

definitely don't like masami. omaigawd her smile...i feel its so fake. and she's always like trying too hard to make it seem that all the drama casts are getting along very well with her. and the way she talks...pfft.... its my personal opinion... but i think way she speaks is kinda like a retarded person. she appears to me to be from the all-looks-and-no-brains department.NOT THAT I THINK SHE'S PRETTY. cos i don't. she looks plain....
i think akanishi jin is a REALLY bad actor. his yukan club effort... was....lame.

miznagase

Post by miznagase » Nov 1st, '08, 22:43

amen joshamax!!! :cheers:

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 1st, '08, 23:20

I tried to keep away from posting here and just keep reading BUT i can no longer hold my breath:
Aibu Saki, Aibu Saki, Aibu Saki :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
as much as i loved Utahime, i think the main reason for me not to watch Utahime again and maybe forever is her bad acting. there is no difference in her style in whatever drama she does.
her acting in Zettai Kareshi was as annoying and as bad as Utahime (maybe even more annoying when she is trying to be cute and she is NOT one at all).

another person that is geting on my nerves is Horikita maki. i liked her NWP when she was acting as weirdo ( and i think she should keep to this kind of roles in horror type dramas,...) but as a normal cute girl she is very hard to believe. i am watching Innocent Love at the moment and i just can't see her in this romantic role.

Have not seen Last friend (saved on my HDD for later to watch but after reading all these, i think i won't even bother with it) so i can't comment on masami but i saw her in Galileo SP and she was so annoying there.

Anne Suzuki, I LOVE this actress. she was great in Returner and StandUp.

Kyouki, there is something about her that make me not like her much even though i watched most of her dramas and liked them. she is a good actor but sometimes you feel she is trying too hard to get noticed.

lavenderskye

Post by lavenderskye » Nov 2nd, '08, 00:07

Masami for the win!...LOL

She was so freakin' annoying in "Nada Sou Sou" and "Romeo & Juliet." The only reason I watched "Nada Sou Sou" was for the amazing and cute Satoshi :wub:

Yamapi too...not much acting there.

Zvemi

Post by Zvemi » Nov 2nd, '08, 00:58

wow, I've always thought Nagasawa Masami was quite popular.. I mean, in a positive way :D I can't stand her either, she is just annoying. Though I didn't mind her in Dragon Zakura, so she still might have a chance, if she for some mysterious reasons returned to her older self.

The one and only person I actually avoid watching is Kuroki Meisa. Talk about a fake smile, ugh. Maybe it all comes from me being a female? Since no-one mentioned her before, she would probably generally pass as an OK actress, but to me.... blah.

I almost forgot Horikita Maki - overexposed in bad roles. I can't say much about her acting, since I've probably never seen her in a role where she could show it. But I am curious how she will be in like 10 year, when she graduates from the 'cute' label.

If I was to mention bad actors.. I would have to second half of JE (especially Kame). Even thought I personaly fangirl over Yamapi, I'm objective enough to admit that sometimes his acting is downright terrible (Sore wa Totsuzen, Arashi no You ni, anyone?). On the other hand that doesn't stop me from drooling over him :P it all comes from their 'idol' status, they simply sell well, so we have to bear with them for a while. Fortunately, for some of us XD

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Nov 2nd, '08, 01:51

Issy wrote:I tried to keep away from posting here and just keep reading BUT i can no longer hold my breath:
Aibu Saki, Aibu Saki, Aibu Saki :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
as much as i loved Utahime, i think the main reason for me not to watch Utahime again and maybe forever is her bad acting. there is no difference in her style in whatever drama she does.
her acting in Zettai Kareshi was as annoying and as bad as Utahime (maybe even more annoying when she is trying to be cute and she is NOT one at all).

Awww. Don't let her keep you from reenjoying a really good Nagase performance. I'm not sure how I'll feel about "Taro to Suzu" post ZK, but I loved Nagase's performance asTaro too much to never watch Utahime again. You can always fast forward any scenes that make you cringe. :alcoholic: And:
You can take extreme satisfaction when Taro goes back to his wife. :P

Issy

Post by Issy » Nov 2nd, '08, 02:15

@ryoko11
then it means that i have to FF alomst the whole drama and that will include Taro's best scenes too. as much as i love Tomoya/Taro/Utahime, watching Aibu Saki just makes me lose all my coolness with her horrible acting. but who knows, maybe in near future when i have re-watched all tomoya's dramas for maybe 100 times, i will think of utahime too.
BTW, i really did took pleasure in its ending . i could not have enogh of it. :lol
Thanks for the advise.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Nov 2nd, '08, 03:13

lavenderskye wrote:Masami for the win!...LOL
Maybe this thread should be renamed the "I Hate Masami" thread... :lol

groink

Post by groink » Nov 2nd, '08, 03:25

According to Google:

nagasawa masami hate - 2710 hits
sawajiri erika hate - 4160 hits

I do believe Sawajiri-san holds the #1 **** title - not because of the number of hits, but Masami hasn't even come close to pulling the crap Erika has done. But maybe that's my Japan-like mentality where within Japan, Erika is hated more, as she has broken way more of those Japanese customs. While outside Japan, Masami is the target. Especially the Japanese media - Masami is the "lesser of the two evils" than Erika. Also, it is probably a fact that because of Erika's 1-year suspension from TV dramas, Masami has way more exposure this past year, which makes her much more recognizable for those outside of Japan.

--- groink

ILoveKoyuki

Post by ILoveKoyuki » Nov 2nd, '08, 03:55

so when u say masami is a diva u mean like a girl who acts like a high mantinence B-word on tha set and such
cuz when u say diva i think of unsavory ppl such as (i hope none of you have expierenced the pain of watching vh1 lately) Tiffany aka New York from I Love New York and Flavor of Love, or Paris Hilton and especially Sawajiri Erika (i think shes jus a straight up A-HOLE)
so is masami like this cuz i never heard such things

groink

Post by groink » Nov 2nd, '08, 04:14

ILoveKoyuki wrote:so is masami like this cuz i never heard such things
Well, actually, neither have I. The only thing I've ever heard Masami do unbecoming a professional is giving Erika what we Hawaiians call the "stink eye" while on-stage together. The video camera caught this. But of course, she really could have a gazillion different explanations to offer. And for the most part, the Japanese pushed this off because there really wasn't any harm done. But the things that Erika pulled in interviews and at press conferences - there is no mistake!

But people have their reasons. Sure, Masami can't act. But I'd say 95-percent of the geinokai cannot act. Seriously, acting skills is not a requirement in Japan. And this is nothing new. Just watch the dozens of Misora Hibari or Fuji Junko movies out there. Actresses (as well as actors) are groomed to be marked purely for likability. The idols of the 1970s and 1980s made this notion VERY clear! To be an idol, all you had to do is look in a bikini, win in a beauty contest, and in a few months you were a lead actress in a TV drama. If you can make more money doing CMs than TV dramas, then gee whiz what will the actresses focus more on? And at the end, Masami IS indisputably more market friendly than Erika.

The more Westerners understand these differences between Japan and outside of Japan, the more they'll be able to cope with the reality that of the level of acting in the geinokai is low.

--- groink

ILoveKoyuki

Post by ILoveKoyuki » Nov 2nd, '08, 04:17

understood and agreed!!!

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Nov 2nd, '08, 04:33

Haha... now *this* is a fun topic! :D
....as long as we all agree to play nice... :foot: :fight:

Indexed!
XD

katzenjammin'

Post by katzenjammin' » Nov 2nd, '08, 04:38

bmwracer wrote:[...] And most of those pretty boys who can't act their way out of a paper bag.
Quoted for truth.

I'm seriously annoyed, by about 90% of Johnny's guys. There are some I can stand, a few I've grown to like as actors, but most of them I think are absolute crap. Akanishi, natch. Nishikido, you look darling but have the acting talent of cardboard. And omigosh, Doumoto Tsuyoshi and Matsumoto Jun -- I might actually hate them. They're so popular, I just can't wrap my head around it.

The two girls I dispise most are Fukada Kyouko and Hirosue Ryouko. Fukuda charmed be in "Shimotsuma Monogatari," but in everything else, she annoys me. Standing around like you're a doll does not impress me. As for Hirosue, I'm not sure if it's just that I've never seen her in a good role, but she's always... managed to touch a nerve.

Also, there are some guys I thought I liked in the beginning but the more I watch them, the more they fail to impress. People like Oguri Shun, Horikita Maki, Fujiki Naohito... I don't think they're terrible (yet) but I haven't seen them in a role I've liked too much since... ever.

On that note, I might not have watched these guys in the right roles, or enough of them to appreciate them... I do realize sometimes it's just that they're stuck with bad scripts. For instance, I'm not too-too familar with all the actors that have been talked about inthe thread so far so I can't form too much of an opinion.
groink wrote:The more Westerners understand these differences between Japan and outside of Japan, the more they'll be able to cope with the reality that of the level of acting in the geinokai is low.
I almost want to say something like, "so the commercialism justifies the mediocrity? How terrible of Japan!" But then again, America (and most everywhere) is like that in many respects... just not to the same extent? Either way, I'm still holding everyone to this objective standard, even though my expectations might not always be so great.

groink

Post by groink » Nov 2nd, '08, 04:51

katzenjammin' wrote:I almost want to say something like, "so the commercialism justifies the mediocrity? How terrible of Japan!" But then again, America (and most everywhere) is like that in many respects... just not to the same extent? Either way, I'm still holding everyone to this objective standard, even though my expectations might not always be so great.
Well, keep these two things in mind:

1. As a whole, Japan does not market outside of Japan.

2. The U.S. markets itself around the world.

Therefore, Hollywood must produce products, in the form of entertainment, that is enjoyable and appreciated in many parts of the world. That's why Hollywood is such an open target to criticism.

Japan does not have this pressure, as the only people the geinokai needs to please are the Japanese. In a way, Japan is still closed off in several ways, and the target market of entertainment produced there is clearly one of those things. The only reason why you see the Japanese dramas outside of Japan is that they're either leaked/fansubbed, or licensed by a handful of the local TV stations across the U.S. And even within the local TV markets like Honolulu, New York City, San Francisco and Los Angeles, most of the people who do watch the Japanese dramas are Japanese.

--- groink

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Nov 2nd, '08, 04:54

katzenjammin' wrote:Nishikido, you look darling but have the acting talent of cardboard.
That explains his one-dimensional performance in Last Friends.

How he managed to win an acting award for his performance in that drama has got to be one of the great mysteries of the world......

ILoveKoyuki

Post by ILoveKoyuki » Nov 2nd, '08, 05:11

bmwracer wrote:
katzenjammin' wrote:Nishikido, you look darling but have the acting talent of cardboard.
That explains his one-dimensional performance in Last Friends.

How he managed to win an acting award for his performance in that drama has got to be one of the great mysteries of the world......
how many dimensions did he need his character was a creepy stalkin violent raper type character all he needed ta do was keep an emotionless straight-face sound creepy and fake cry

piislove94

Post by piislove94 » Nov 2nd, '08, 05:44

Interesting thread ha? Props to the thread opener for his/her brave and bold move. You know you might get sticks for that by army of fans out there.

Back to the topic. Let's me start with Ekira Sawariji - sama. Yes, she's a true diva - with every meaning of this word. Gravure idol queen. But I disagree with anyone stating that this girl can't act. She's got talent. Just that her behaviours don't match her pure innocent face.

I never found Horikita Maki annoying or failing in acting. I love her in Hanazaraki no Kimitachi e. But I agree on Fukada Kyokou. She started off really promising in God give me more time - which I watched because of Kaneshiro Takeshi - but then she killed me with her annoying scream in Remote. I haven't watched too much of her to come to any conclusion but sure personally I don't like her. Her oh-so-childish manner turns me off.

When it comes to actors, I have to say that JE boys are getting on my nerves. I agree with someone that 90% of JE boys can't act (including the one in my signature - however much I love him, i'm defeated to acknowledge his bad acting) . But among them all, nobody can beat AKANISHI JIN (this is not Akanishi's thread so it's legal to say that, right?). His performance is so wooden (Gokusen) and boring (Yukan Club). He's sugoi when performing his ero dance and singing but oh man, give me a break. Stop acting and concentrate on your music career. It's better for you and for us (or me only?). Don't stab me that's just my suggestion I don't try to make him retire.

10% left I think they are fine as an actor. While Kimura is superb, I think Tomoya Nagase is good as well. He's brilliant, tough still warm and witty in IWPG but his performace in Mukodono is so annoying. I had to turn it down while watching. And I totally object to anyone who thinks Matsumoto Jun's acting sucks. He's great in Hanadan and I couldn't find the reason to hate him, even in Tokyo Tower.

Once again I give credit to Akanishi-san for making me realize that Japanese actors can somtimes be as lame as Taiwanese actors. Period.

lavenderskye

Post by lavenderskye » Nov 2nd, '08, 06:02

I forgot to add to my previous post...

Yeah, Erika Sawajiri's attitude & personality's a total turn-off. Sooooo different from the characters she portrays. I thought she was okay in "1 Liter of Tears", not amazing, but not bad. I saw her on a tv program giving an interview and she gave very brief one-line answers and was totally acting like she's all that. She never smiled and gave the impression that she did not want to be there.

On another note...maybe it's just me, but I don't find Kazuya Kamenashi cute at all.
Last edited by lavenderskye on Nov 2nd, '08, 17:19, edited 1 time in total.