Mukai Osamu

Discuss about your favourite Japanese Actors and Actresses
yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Mukai Osamu

Post by yanie » Jul 6th, '11, 09:20

As a fan, I'd like to dedicate a thread for Mukai Osamu, the rising star :roll I didn't realize he ever existed in "Nodame Cantabile" when I watched it, lol. First noticed him in "Honey and Clover". And then, I became a fan after "Atashinchi no Danshi" :wub:

Girls and middle-aged women in Japan are currently going crazy over him due to the "Gegege Boom". Many media labeled him as a "Nation-wide (well-known) Actor", though I think that was a bit overrated :D

Name: Mukai Osamu (real name)
Birthdate: February 7, 1982 (29 years old)
Birthplace: Yokohama, Kanagawa prefecture
Bloodtype: O
Debut year: 2006 (in TV commercial)
Family: Father, mother, older brother
His older brother lives in Netherlands, working as a designer and married to a Holland woman.

Belong to: HORI AGENCY
Official blog: http://ameblo.jp/osamu-labo

Education: Graduated bachelor degree of Life Science major, Agriculture faculty, Meiji University

TV Drama
Byakuyakou Ep.3 (TBS, 2006) ... small role
Regatta ~Kimi to ita Eien~ (TV Asahi, 2006) ... small role
Nodame Cantabile (FujiTV, 2006) ... supporting role (appeared only in the last half of the drama)
Hyakki Yakousho (NTV, 2007)
Bambino! (NTV, 2007) ... supporting role
Abarenbo Mama (FujiTV, 2007) ... supporting role
Nodame Cantabile In Europe SP (FujiTV, 2008) ... cameo
Hachimitsu to Clover (FujiTV, 2008) ... supporting role (one of the 5 main characters)
Yonimo Kimyou na Monogatari Spring edition "Kore... Mite..." (FujiTV, 2008) ... male leading role
Osen (NTV, 2008) ... supporting role
Seigi no Mikata (NTV, 2008) ... supporting role
Kiri no Hi - Karafuto ~ Maoka Yuubinkyoku ni chitta 9-nin no Otome-tachi (drama SP, NTV, 2008) ... small role
Mama-san Volley de Tsukamaete (sitcom 1-hour SP, NHK, 2008) ... supporting role (the main character's husband)
Scrap Teacher (NTV, 2008) ... supporting role
Mei-chan no Shitsuji (FujiTV, 2009) ... supporting role
Atashinchi no Danshi (FujiTV, 2009) ... supporting role (the main character's love interest)
Futatsu no Spica (NHK, 2009) ... supporting role (the main character's love interest)
Ninkyo Helper Ep.1 (FujiTV, 2009 ... cameo (he was suppose to be a regular cast, but his schedule wouldn't fit, so he dropped out)
Mama-san Volley de Tsukamaete (sitcom series, NHK, 2009) ... supporting role (the main character's husband)
Bocho Mania '09 (NTV, 2009) ... first leading role in TV drama
BUNGO ~ Ogon Fukei (drama SP, TBS, 2010) ... supporting role (the main character's love interest)
Gegege no Nyobo (156-eps morning drama, NHK, 2010) ... male leading role
*the turning point of his acting career*
Shinzanmono (TBS, 2010) ... small supporting role
Hotaru no Hikari 2 (NTV, 2010) ... supporting role (main character's 2nd love interest)
Kikoku (drama SP, TBS, 2010) ... small supporting role
GOU ~Himetachi no Sengoku~ (taiga drama, NHK, 2011) ... male leading role (but only appear in the last half of the series)

*bold titles = recommended :thumleft:

Movie
Dakara watashi wo suwarasete. Tsuukin Densha de Suwaru Gijutsu! (2006)
Ore wa, Kimi no tame ni koso Shi ni iku (2007)
Gachi Boy (TOHO, 2008) ... supporting role
Hanamizuki (TOHO, 2010) ... supporting role (main character's 2nd love interest)
BECK (Matsutake, 2010) ... supporting role (one of the 5 main characters)
Paradise Kiss (Warner Bros, 2011) ... male leading role
Bokutachi wa Sekai wo Kaeru koto ga dekinai. (TOEI, 4 Sep 2011) ... first leading role in widescreen movie

*bold titles = recommended :thumleft:

Stageplay
The Shape of Things (2011) ... first stageplay, first leading role in stageplay

Cellphone-only Drama
Sweet Room "Birthday" (BeeTV, 2009) ... leading role
5-nen-go no Love Letter (BeeTV, 2010) ... male leading role

Music PV
I miss you/MESSAGE ~Ashita no Boku e~ (sung by HARU)
Kakera ~Subete no omoitachi e~ (sung by NICO Touches the Walls)

AWARDS Received
2010 66th The Television Drama Academu Award - Best Supporting Actor award (Gegege no Nyobo)

2011 35th Erando-ru Award - Best Newcomer award (Gegege no Nyobo)
2011 32nd Yokohama Film Festival - Best Newcomer award (BECK, Hanamizuki)
2011 TV Navi 7th Drama of the Year 2010 - Best Supporting Actor award (Gegege no Nyobo)
2011 19th Hashida Award - Best Newcomer award (Gegege no Nyobo)

Anyone here likes him? :mrgreen:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 7th, '11, 02:06

Mukai in "Abarenbo Mama"

The drama stars Ueto Aya, Oizumi Yo, Tomosaka Rie, Katase Nana, Seto Koji

I watched this drama purely for Mukai, lol. His role here was a kindergarten teacher!!^v^ So interesting and cute!! :lol

ImageImage

Ikemen kindergarten teacher :wub: The young mommies really likes him. I enjoyed his acting here, esp. everytime this one young mother try to attack him, lol.

Not much of a supporting role, but if you're a fan, I recommend this drama only to see Mukai looking so cute in this :mrgreen:

ImageImage

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 7th, '11, 02:18

Mukai in "OSEN"

Starring Aoi Yu and Uchi Hiroki

Mukai's role here is the high-tension type and bad-tempered here. I totally love his character in this drama! His character, Tome, had his own focus story in Ep7. I just wish there's romance between Tome and Osen(Aoi Yu) XD They look cute together!

ImageImage

I also love the story. Usually I don't like dramas on food, but since there's a traditional twist to it, I enjoyed this drama very much. I also love Uchi Hiroki's acting here. It's very funny everytime he starts to argue/fight with Mukai's character^^ Too bad this drama has no romance plot at all, not even between Uchi Hiroki and Aoi Yu, although they have so many scenes together. At one time, it does look like Mukai's character likes Osen alot, and he kept stopping any other guys who tried to come close to her, including Uchi's character. On the episode where Osen is going for omiai(arranged marriage), Tome(Mukai) looks so upset all the time. But then, at the end, he implied that he's upset because he just want Osen to stay as the owner of their traditional restaurant and worried that if she gets married, their restaurant won't be the same anymore... in the end, he painfully decided to support Osen's omiai^^ I love Osen character too, kawaii~ Reminds me of Hagumi (Honey & Clover), btw. She should've portray Hagu like this in the movie XD

Romance

Post by Romance » Jul 9th, '11, 15:41

I think he is a great actor ^^

7th-key

Post by 7th-key » Jul 13th, '11, 15:33

Looks like he was on Waratte Iitomo! (2011.07.12)
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_97123.htm
but I fear I'm "singing" to the choir here XD

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 14th, '11, 23:43

A Japan Times article "Will heartthrob Mukai shine as the shogun?"
http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/ ... 715r1.html

Yup! He was in IiTomo^^

Also there was a VTR message of Mukai, for Ikimonogakari who was the guest in this week's Hey3x:

I currently uploaded Mukai stuff to MU.

100408 Bakusho Mondai Crazy Talk - Mukai & Mizobata promoting Shinzanmono
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EG44A5DG

100902 GuruNai - BECK Team.avi
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NLT2UC09

It was such a fun show! I can feel brothers' relationship between these guys!^v^

enggrrl

Post by enggrrl » Aug 5th, '11, 15:01

If you really like him, don't miss the episode of VS arashi with him. It aired back on May 26, 2011 (Paradise Kiss team). Episode 138

r3nDo7

Post by r3nDo7 » Aug 5th, '11, 15:36

I notice him since nodame cantabile, coz i like his smile :)

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Aug 8th, '11, 19:52

Liking Mukai's performance so far in Go and his interaction with Ueno Juri. They make a cute couple.

~

Mukai Osamu was pressured to avoid acting?
by soysauce414 on August 8, 2011 at 1:12 pm

Actor Mukai Osamu (29) attended a preview event in Osaka for his upcoming movie ‘Boku tachi wa Sekai wo Kaeru koto ga Dekinai‘.

The event also had a panel discussion with 150 college students who are soon to embark on their career and job hunts. During the discussion Mukai commented, “When I first started acting, I was scolded and told ‘Don’t become an actor’” reminiscing on his earlier days as an actor. Fortunately, he didn’t take this advice.

He also had some remarks about the movie stating, “I think this movie is easily relatable to everyone. Please recommend this film to everyone.”

‘Boku tachi wa Sekai wo Kaeru koto ga Dekinai’ comes out in theaters on September 23rd.

Source & Photo: SANSPO

Courtesy of tokyohive: http://www.tokyohive.com/2011/08/mukai- ... id-acting/

~

“Aishiteru” drama series gets special episode with Mukai Osamu, Okada Masaki, Mizukawa Asami
Posted on August 7, 2011 by tokyograph

The award-winning drama series “Aishiteru ~Kaiyou~” (NTV) is getting a sequel this fall in the form of a special episode. Inamori Izumi will return in the starring role, joined by Mukai Osamu, Okada Masaki, and Mizukawa Asami.

The original television series in 2009 was based on a manga by Ito Minoru. The story focused on the relationship between a mother and her young son Tomoya, after Tomoya kills another boy. It averaged a 14.8% rating, hitting as high as 18.6% for its final episode. It later won the Tokyo Drama Awards that same year.

The special episode sequel, titled “Aishiteru ~Kizuna~,” is based on the manga’s short sequel that was published last year. It takes place years later, after Tomoya has already grown up into an adult. Mukai plays the part of Tomoya, while Okada plays the role of the younger brother Naoto who was born at the end of the original series. The story is mainly told from Naoto’s perspective, painfully growing up as the younger brother of a killer. Mizukawa plays Naoto’s girlfriend Kana.

NTV has not yet announced a specific broadcast date for the special.

Sources:
Mantan Web
Cinema Today

Courtesy of tokyograph: http://www.tokyograph.com/news/aishiter ... kawa-asami

r3nDo7

Post by r3nDo7 » Aug 8th, '11, 20:59

Liking Mukai's performance so far in Go and his interaction with Ueno Juri. They make a cute couple.
~

yeahh...i like that too :D they're so cute together :wub:

futarichan

Post by futarichan » Oct 5th, '11, 14:54

So I searching BAILA magazine for Asami-chan (Mizukawa) and found pages about Mukai. Eye-catching coz it's kinda about 100/100 question or fave. Might there's many interesting tidbits in it so here it is...

BAILA 2011年9月p192-197

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Kinda digging his movie in Cambodia coz I guess I heard it would be more real and more like documentary in there. Mitai ne..

BTW, Ueno and Mukai yesterday just finishing Gou shooting in outside studio. Otsukare-sama deshita :salut:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Oct 28th, '11, 03:41

Mukai will be the lead of FujiTV's Tuesdays 10pm drama starting January!

http://www.tokyohive.com/2011/10/mukai- ... new-drama/
http://www.tokyograph.com/news/mukai-os ... ma-series/
http://www.fujitv.co.jp/fujitv/news/pub ... -i053.html

He will be playing the role of Yamate Eisuke, an ex-rock band's bassist French chef. The drama will be a comedy sets on a French restaurant.

When Eisuke's mother, the owner chef passed away due to sudden illness, Eisuke decided to quit his music career and become a chef, to continue his mother's business. Together with his band mates, they tried to re-establish the restaurant which used to be popular.

There will also be love triangle between Eisuke, his 3-yrs older OL girlfriend, and a 9 years younger college student who loves Eisuke's cooks.

Scriptwriting by Oomori Mika, who was in charge of script for "Lunch no Joou", "My Boss My Hero", "Buzzer Beat".

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Nov 22nd, '11, 09:32

The other cast list is out:
-Takimoto Miori (the female lead in Ikemen desu ne)
-Kuninaka Ryoko
-Tsukamoto Takashi
-Miura Shohei
-Suzuki Sawa
-Ohsugi Ren
-Katagiri Hairi
-Inagaki Goro (SMAP)

If I can find the Japanese subtitles source, I'll sub this drama every week^^
Last edited by yanie on Nov 22nd, '11, 11:34, edited 1 time in total.

nann

Post by nann » Nov 22nd, '11, 09:43

thks yanie, to share the information, wait forward to see this drama.
i love mukai and also miori.

cantabile

Post by cantabile » Dec 22nd, '11, 20:55

In Hotaru no Hikari2 he totally made me forget that I was actually a Hotaru Buchou fan. :D

Looking forward to Hungry!!

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Dec 25th, '11, 09:53

Yanie
I can't believe that I have not posted here before now. I know I have written about Osamu on a thread somewhere at great length.
I really enjoy watching this actor in action. He is doing a really great job as a Shogun and samurai in 'GO' Each episode since his start has become better each time. He is much more comfortable and assured in the role... and now it is nearing the end.
He is also very attractive in modern film.
The people at AnAn have taken a liking to him as well......

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jan 11th, '12, 10:03

Currently soft-subbing HUNGRY Episode 1, currently on QC/proofread stage. You can expect it out tomorrow^^

earthcolors
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by earthcolors » Mar 12th, '12, 11:10

Fans of Mukai and those from Netherlands might be interested in this NHK docu of him cycling through the country:

Part 1:

Part 2:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » May 25th, '12, 04:01

OMG! Mukai Osamu X Ono Machiko for summer drama! I'm so excited!
http://www.tokyohive.com/2012/05/full-c ... -revealed/

ImageImage

I really love her performance in CARNATION, she's such a cool lady! I can't wait for this drama!
Mizuki Shigeru meets Ohara Itoko ^v^

I usually don't like medical dramas, so I wasn't too enthusiastic when I heard abt this drama the first time, but since the set is on an isolated area surrounded by mountains far from modern medical equipments, it might be interesting for me, considering I quite like Osawa Takao's JIN^^

ilovejdramas

Post by ilovejdramas » May 29th, '12, 08:53

Yanie, are you planning on subbing this new drama of Osamu? :)

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » May 31st, '12, 03:58

Nope, sorry. Medical would be too difficult for me, hehe. Let's hope a kind soul would do it.

ilovejdramas

Post by ilovejdramas » May 31st, '12, 04:50

I see. :) Well, I understand that subbing a medical drama would be harder than Osamu's drama before, Hungry.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 24th, '12, 01:45

Youtube clips of Mukai's promos for Summer Rescue is here: http://yanie02.livejournal.com/162779.html :)

didisoche

Post by didisoche » Jul 24th, '12, 02:51

ha..ha..ha..ha..After watching Paradise Kiss..my wife ask me to get all Mukai's movies and doramas...she watch Paradise Kiss more than 10 times...ha..ha..ha..I only can get,Beck,Hungry,20nen-go no Kimi e,Hanayome no Chichi ,and now Summer Rescue....and for We Cant Change The World-But We Wanna Build a School in Cambodia,still looking for the subtitle...

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 24th, '12, 03:05

If she likes Paradise Kiss, I recommend "Atashinchi no Danshi" too ^v^ Manga-like story, light, comedy and some romance there^^

didisoche

Post by didisoche » Jul 24th, '12, 03:37

Thanks Yanie...now download ep 1...Atashinchi no Danshi...makasih..

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jul 24th, '12, 04:21

yanie wrote:Youtube clips of Mukai's promos for Summer Rescue is here: http://yanie02.livejournal.com/162779.html :)
so much videos and interviews! love them together, i hope they'll have another drama or movie in the future. I sure hope there'll be romance (even the slightest hint will do) in Summer Rescue hehe

Thank you for those clips! :wub:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 24th, '12, 05:06

avieamber wrote:I sure hope there'll be romance (even the slightest hint will do) in Summer Rescue hehe
Me too!! I hope so! But it might not happen at all coz Mukai's character has a fiancee and seem like Machiko's character has a boyfriend :unsure:

ilovejdramas

Post by ilovejdramas » Jul 20th, '13, 17:45

Can't believe this thread's last post was almost a year! Anyways, I found this photos from Sanspo. Though I couldn't understand what it says. Haha :lol

It's Osamu with Mutsuko-san of Hungry! I smiled when I saw this photo. Haha. It's so nice to see them together since I really enjoyed watching Hungry last year. :thumright:

Credit: http://www.sanspo.com/geino/news/201307 ... 09-n1.html

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Dec 11th, '13, 12:02

That's from their stage play this year "Onodera Big Sister, Onodera Little Brother".
They played siblings, haha.

You can watch the play here, it was aired in WOWOW recently.

Part1:
Part2: www.dailymotion.com/video/x166kvw_&#333 ... 2_creation
Part3: www.dailymotion.com/video/x166kw3_&#333 ... 3_creation

It has been 1,5 year since his last drama and he's finally starring a new drama as the lead again! Mukai as a member of NPS, police special assault team. S -Saigo no Keikan- (S-The Last Police-) start January 12, 2014 on Sundays 9pm, TBS. Ayano Go and Tsuchiya Anna also star! Can't wait!

Here's the 15-sec TV spot:

Looks quite action-packed there^^

JLove

Post by JLove » Sep 7th, '14, 09:07

I never really liked watching a movie adaptation of manga or anime coz I always felt they could never make it as real as animations can.

I just decided to watch Paradise Kiss because I am quite a new fan of Mukai Osamu and I liked the anime as well. But I could never expect so much hotness to come out of Mukai Osamu's portrayal of George Koizumi. Mind you, I don't think he successfully portrayed the character as accurately according to the manga, but I really like the George that Mukai portrayed in the movie.

I prefer the ending in the live-action movie simply because George is just too HOT in the movie not to get the girl in the end HAHAHA!

No wonder Mukai Osamu's popularity shot up back in 2011. His memorable performance as Mizuki Shigeru is just captivating in Gegege no Nyobo. But Paradise Kiss really cemented his status as a heart-throb. After going through most of his work, I'm glad that he did quite a few different characters as opposed to sticking to the ikemen type roles. It shows that he really take acting seriously even though he still needs some improvement in his acting skills. I will continue to support him until he decides one day he's had enough of acting.

How is his popularity in Japan right now?
Attachments
tumblr_nb7i3t4QIZ1r21b9io10_1280.jpg
tumblr_nb7i3t4QIZ1r21b9io10_1280.jpg (112.16 KiB) Viewed 21000 times
tumblr_nbcuoiUytM1r21b9io1_1280.jpg
tumblr_nbcuoiUytM1r21b9io1_1280.jpg (104.59 KiB) Viewed 21000 times
I melted when this happened.
I melted when this happened.
tumblr_lwo1iugfpg1qacmb3o2_250.gif (487.82 KiB) Viewed 21000 times
tumblr_nb7i3t4QIZ1r21b9io8_1280.jpg
tumblr_nb7i3t4QIZ1r21b9io8_1280.jpg (118.9 KiB) Viewed 21000 times

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Oct 17th, '14, 03:06

I don't know since I don't live in Japan, I can only guess from the amount of his works.

This year he has 2 TV series, 2 SP dramas (both lead) and 2 movies premiere.

TV:
S -saigo no keikan- in January-March 2014, the lead
Nobunaga Concerto in October-December 2014, 2nd role
That's a lot. Some actors only star 1 TV series every year.

Movies:
Momose, Kocchi wo Muite, May 2014
Onodera Brother, Onodera Sister, October 2014
He's the lead for both movies, but in "Momose" he plays the 30 years old version of the leading character and seems like the teenage version of the character appears more.

Next year he will have a 3-eps mini drama on World War II period and he's the lead. He has finished the filming a couple of months ago.

And 3 movies coming up next year:
S -saigo no keikan- The Movie, he's the lead.
Nobunaga Concerto The Movie, 2nd role
Otoko no Issho, 3rd role

S -saigo no keikan- achieved the highest average rating among the winter season dramas this year (excluding the long-running series, Aibou). And Nobunaga Concerto Ep1 rating is doing quite well, too.

I say, he's doing great in his career. I love the fact that he's getting leading roles but still taking supporting roles as well.

I personally love his character in Nobunaga Concerto, Ikeda Tsuneoki, though he's a 2nd role.

When it comes to "two-men" dramas, I have the tendency to like the 2nd man. I dunno... a "side kick" always seems appealing to me. Like Kondo Isami and Hijikata Toshizo in Shinsengumi, I love Hijikata more. Like Danny and Rusty in Ocean's Eleven, I love Rusty more.

Actually in Nobunaga Concerto manga and anime, Ikeda Tsuneoki is not more than a page or servant for Nobunaga. But the drama raised the character up, made him become not only Nobunaga(Saburo)'s most trusted right-hand man, but also a confidant, a best friend. Since Nobunaga(Saburo) was still a coward in Ep1 it makes Tsuneoki look stand out even more, cause he always protect Saburo like a bodyguard and also tells him what's right and what's wrong. Also, I didn't expect Mukai has a great 'best buddies' chemistry with Oguri Shun.

Ikeda Tsuneoki might be my next all-time favorite character that Mukai plays, since Mizuki Shigeru *v*

JLove

Mukai Osamu New Year SP Drama on TBS/MBS!!

Post by JLove » Nov 7th, '14, 07:32

It has been announced that Mukai Osamu will be starring in TBS/MBS's New Year SP drama called "Wagaya" (My Home). They called it a "human drama". I can't read Japanese that well but from what I gather, it is a drama about 4 family members who has been living apart but gathering back in their home, forcing them to deal with the issues in their family. Anyone who can read Japanese, maybe can translate and give us a rough idea about the drama. Here's the link for more details: http://www.mbs.jp/wagaya/?pc

This is Mukai Osamu's 2nd SP for TBS/MBS, the first being "Hanayome no Chichi" (Father of The Bride).[/img]
Attachments
Wagaya.jpg
Wagaya.jpg (265.07 KiB) Viewed 20965 times

JLove

Re: Mukai Osamu New Year SP Drama on TBS/MBS!!

Post by JLove » Nov 10th, '14, 06:19

JLove wrote:It has been announced that Mukai Osamu will be starring in TBS/MBS's New Year SP drama called "Wagaya" (My Home). They called it a "human drama". I can't read Japanese that well but from what I gather, it is a drama about 4 family members who has been living apart but gathering back in their home, forcing them to deal with the issues in their family. Anyone who can read Japanese, maybe can translate and give us a rough idea about the drama. Here's the link for more details: http://www.mbs.jp/wagaya/?pc

This is Mukai Osamu's 2nd SP for TBS/MBS, the first being "Hanayome no Chichi" (Father of The Bride).[/img]
Apologies. My Japanese is not perfect. The title of the drama should be "Waga Ie", not "Wagaya". :P

kitty10
Japan

Post by kitty10 » Nov 21st, '14, 09:27

Wow. Consider me shocked (I was not aware they're dating!). Anyhow, congrats Mukai and Kuninaka!

~

Mukai Osamu & Kuninaka Ryoko to get married

On November 20, it was reported that actor Mukai Osamu (32) and actress Kuninaka Ryoko (35) will be getting married. They are expected to register their marriage next month.

The two started dating after co-starring in Fuji TV's drama 'Hungry!' in 2012. From the very beginning of their relationship, they were already taking marriage into consideration.

According to a relevant person, "they've talked about marriage before, about 2 years ago," but Mukai was extremely busy at that time starring in dramas, movies, and stage plays without rest. From before, Kuninaka had been saying, "As a woman, I want to have children." Mukai decided that "he couldn't make her wait anymore".

Sources say that Mukai has already informed his actor friends that he will be getting married. He also invited Kuninaka to a dinner party with the cast of his drama, where he made the announcement of their engagement. Some people who witnessed the announcement said, "I didn't think he would really call Kuninaka-san. I was moved by his manly charms and how he confidently talked in front of everyone."

The couple has not planned a wedding ceremony or reception at this time.

Congratulations!

Source & Image: Sponichi Annex, Sanspo

http://www.tokyohive.com/article/2014/1 ... et-married

JLove

Miscellaneous rankings

Post by JLove » Nov 25th, '14, 16:36

Wow,

Mukai Osamu takes the number one spot on 2 recent rankings.

First is the "Most Desired Male Faces" survey by Oricon.

http://doramaworld.blogspot.com/2014/11 ... urvey.html

Second is the "Most Desired Male Celebrities as Marriage Partners"

http://doramaworld.blogspot.com/2014/11 ... -male.html

It seems that he still has his charms on Japanese women. 8)

JLove

Re: Mukai Osamu

Post by JLove » Feb 11th, '15, 04:36

TV Tokyo's 50th Anniversary SP drama, "Eien no Zero" premieres tonight at 8.54pm (Kanto time I think)!!

I hope it is as good as the movie version starring Okada Junichi though I know it's probably tough for a drama to have equal success as movies. Can't wait to see Mukai Osamu in the WW2 set. Hope he does well enough to bring the character to life.

JLove

Post by JLove » Feb 27th, '15, 19:34

Mukai Osamu cast in Tenku no Hachi film adaptation.

A film adaptation of Higashino Keigo's novel "Tenku no Hachi" was announced last year with Eguchi Yosuke and Motoki Masahiro as the leads. More supporting actors have been announced including Mukai Osamu. Other supporting actors announced were Nakama Yukie, Ayano Go, Emoto Akira, Kunimura Jun, Takenaka Naoto, Ishibashi Renji, Sato Jiro, Mitsuishi Ken, Ochiai Motoki and Yabe Kyosuke.

This is the third time I see Mukai Osamu and Ayano Go in the same drama. Are they from the same agency or something? I read somewhere they are buddies in real life too I think. :roll

More info: http://asianwiki.com/Tenku_no_Hachi

JLove

Post by JLove » Apr 23rd, '15, 16:25

Congratulations to Mukai Osamu and Kuninaka Ryoko on their pregnancy!!

Mukai Osamu has announced on the pregnancy on his agency's website and Kuninaka Ryoko did the same in her official website a few days ago. Kuninaka mentioned that she has entered the stable period so she wants to prioritise her health even though she wants to continue acting.

Really wonderful news. They have only gotten married last December and now they are starting their family. Congrats!! :D

JLove

Post by JLove » Jun 17th, '16, 18:43

Mukai Osamu's new Summer drama "Kami no Shita wo Motsu Otoko (The Man who has Tongue of God)"

Another one of goofy character that Mukai Osamu will play. :lol

Taken from asianwiki:

Plot
Ranmaru (Osamu Mukai), Hikaru (Fumino Kimura) and Kanji (Jiro Sato) ride together in an old car. They travel all over Japan to find a mysterious hot spring Geisha called "Miyabi."

Cast
Osamu Mukai - Ranmaru Tomonaga
Fumino Kimura - Hikaru Kamekanbo
Jiro Sato - Kanji Miyazawa

Official website: http://www.tbs.co.jp/ranmaru_tbs/

https://youtu.be/0CSxEk7ZRDk