7%
Only if you have time
6%
STAY AWAY
2%

Total votes: 507

Dahee Fanel

Post by Dahee Fanel » Feb 12th, '05, 23:45

I thought the atmosphere on the last ~5 minutes was utterly eerie and fragile.
It was all that, too, but it was also absolutely heartbreaking. I found myself in tears, but not just because it was sad - I felt an actual physical pain in my chest, because I so completely understood what she was feeling, and what she was thinking.

But if you think about it, it was actually a happy ending. Moo-Hyuk had been abandoned all his life, and had never had love - even Eun-Chae abandoned him at one point. But in the end, she decided to die and be with him. She was completely accepting him, and loving him. It was the only thing she could do for him. I can just picture them now, together, happy... :cry:

JessixFFx
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by JessixFFx » Feb 14th, '05, 09:25

I finished this drama just this Friday, and I was moved to tears. Bawling out loud would have been the more appropriate reaction when I saw the last ten minutes starting with Eunchae stepping out of the airport and the music came on. From that point, I couldn't help but putting myself in her shoes as she remembered the first moments with Moohyuk. I felt a part of me dying with each step Eunchae took, and when she finally succumbed to tears at the port was heartwrenching. Well, the scene at the cemetry was when I really lost it and just cried myself silly. I was hoping that they would get a happy ending, but I didn't know that the happy ending would require so much pain and heartache well at least for me. :mrgreen:

I have never cried so much during a drama. I have to hand it to So Ji Sub for his excellent acting and heartbreaking, soulful eyes. Every time he shedded a tear for his sister or because of his mom, I was crying with him because I could completely feel and experience the pain with him. Near the end when he was riding on the motorcycle and thinking back on his mom, he imagined her singing him a lullaby, I could feel the lump in my throat. I was so choked up with emotions. :cry: I kept hoping that they would reunite, but...

Even after finishing the drama, it still left a deep imprint in my mind and heart. It's odd that a drama can have so much effect on me. Even when I watched the ending again yesterday, I couldn't help myself once again and cried like a fool, hahaha. I think even if weeks and months were to come and I happen to chance upon the ending or anything related to this drama, tears would fall against my own will and memories of the series would come flooding back. If I ever needed a good cry, I would definitely watch this drama. So Ji Sub and Im Soo Jung were excellent in their roles and so were the supporting cast. I love this drama to tears. :lol

Cikamia

Post by Cikamia » Feb 14th, '05, 09:49

A lot of ppl talked about the ending of this drama. I have to agree!!!
I have watched this drama 2 times and the ending always have a deep effect on me.
I cried and cried everytime I watch the last 5 min of this drama.
SOmething about it touces so deep inside my heart.
ahhhh...will I ever know someone who loves like that ???????

apples

Post by apples » Feb 16th, '05, 01:56

oh man, why am i not getting the same feel of this drama(and a few others) like everyone else? it was good, but i wasn't really that moved. hmmm.. maybe i should try watching it again..

kosug21

Post by kosug21 » Feb 16th, '05, 21:55

I love this drama especially the last scene... I moved into tears...I'm a student of Korean studies and I watched all of the dramas in Korean....I love the way ppl taked to each others, So Ji Sub and Eunchai... But I think this drama would have been better if they had chosen another man for acting the role of Yoon...I think he is the worst actor in this one... He's not that attractive to be in the role of best singer in Korea that every girl wants to date with him ....
Also I love the scene that MooHyuk ate the last kimchi which Jiyoung made and he asked her to make some more before getting married...also the scene he asked Eunchai to make some for him before leaving..... I dont know if you guys feel it... I study Korean, Korean films, Korean mass and media and I have a Korean bf so I love the way they speak, the way Koreans express what they think and the way they love Korean food..and here it's Kimchi....so just a conclusion...wherever they go (especially men) they need Kimchi to be Korean...
The only thing that I dont like about Korean men is that they do sleep with their mom even when they have girlfriend even after marriage... :cry: :crazy:

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Feb 17th, '05, 07:15

kosug21 wrote:The only thing that I dont like about Korean men is that they do sleep with their mom even when they have girlfriend even after marriage... :cry: :crazy:
Yeah, I find that quite strange. It was something unheard of to me until I started learning about Korean culture.

zdoon
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by zdoon » Feb 17th, '05, 07:46

kosug21 wrote:The only thing that I dont like about Korean men is that they do sleep with their mom even when they have girlfriend even after marriage... :cry: :crazy:
That's strange. I have never known any Korean guy who does that. I've seen grown-up nephews sleeping on the same bed with their uncles and all that but that's nothing.

(But actually I wouldn't frown on it either way. Sleeping with a person you love -literally sleeping- is one of sweetest things imaginable. So, no, I don't think it's really strange when I think about it now. But I didn't realize, and I still doubt, it's a K culture thing.)

kosug21

Post by kosug21 » Feb 17th, '05, 20:09

two of my Korean friends...they are a couple and they live together in Hanoi...when the guy's mother came to see him from Korea, he slept with his mom and his Gf slept alone... I thought that it's weird but the couple said that it's a must thing...
even my Korean boyfriend, he sleeps with his parents in the same room ( you guys know Koreans...they sleep on the floor in winter) if some relatives visit his house and want to sleep in his room....

glittergemz4mee

Post by glittergemz4mee » Feb 21st, '05, 03:32

I'm Sorry, I Love You is such a great drama and SJS is such a good actor~~~ and SJS is soooooooooooooo hot :wub:

Guess001

Post by Guess001 » Feb 21st, '05, 06:04

i hate the ending :x

He didn't introduce his self to his mother :glare

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Feb 21st, '05, 06:25

Guess001 wrote:i hate the ending :x

That's because Moohyuk knew he was dying. He didn't want to his mother to go through the heartache of being reunited with her long-lost son, only to lose him again, to death.

Sassy Man

Convince me to keep watching

Post by Sassy Man » Feb 22nd, '05, 04:57

Time is a precious asset to me. Getting eroded more and more. Only show I watch on the idiot box is 'THe Apprentice'.

Absolutely surprised at how many people have said this is life changing. Very positive reviews alround.

I have seen the first 6 episodes on video and put it and every other drama series on hold. I have found the acting skills of the mother and the wimpy son to be absolutely appalling. The girl is cute. The bloke has snake eyes.

Is this worth watching to the end? Convince the Sass that this is worth watching, without giving away too much. How does it compare to say Autumn tale (which to me btw is still the benchmark when it comes to tearjerkers)?

I cannot stomach the wimp. I cannot stomach snake eyes. The cute girl is the only saving grace.

Go ahead....convince the Sass.

apples

Post by apples » Feb 22nd, '05, 20:42

Jannah wrote:
Guess001 wrote:i hate the ending :x

That's because Moohyuk knew he was dying. He didn't want to his mother to go through the heartache of being reunited with her long-lost son, only to lose him again, to death.
I also like that he chose to do that. I think he realized that his mom doesn't need to know the truth because she's already fond of his sister and nephew. he already felt bad about despising her. and he doesn't want her to suffer any further by learning that her real son is going to die.. that the result of a mistake in the past had already caused them so much suffering, and that was enough.. in the end she was happy... hmmm.. when i look back at it.. it was a good story... the ending was good, and not bad as i first thought it was. definitely worth the time! watch it!

iwillnotloveyoulongtime

...just finished the series

Post by iwillnotloveyoulongtime » Feb 23rd, '05, 03:22

...To me, it wasn't bad and it wasn't good. I think personally, I was hoping for something happy but that's asking for too much when it comes to dramas. I'm a rockhead!

I enjoyed the irony though, what with Eunchae rehearsing lines off of Romeo and Juliet in comparison to the very last scene. Gotta love the melodrama. And uh.....everyone was super attractive in this one.

InFiNiTeX

Post by InFiNiTeX » Feb 23rd, '05, 03:58

oh man..... i just finished it like just now and was crying at the end.... i have a question to ask though.... what happened to Eun-chae? did she really die? and i find it kinda sad that the mom didn't find ou about themt.....

iwillnotloveyoulongtime

Post by iwillnotloveyoulongtime » Feb 23rd, '05, 04:06

InFiNiTeX wrote:oh man..... i just finished it like just now and was crying at the end.... i have a question to ask though.... what happened to Eun-chae? did she really die? and i find it kinda sad that the mom didn't find ou about themt.....
Yeah so she ......
She totally poisoned herself and died.
Last edited by iwillnotloveyoulongtime on Feb 23rd, '05, 04:29, edited 1 time in total.

terrancelam

Post by terrancelam » Feb 23rd, '05, 04:20

does anyone have the torrent for the OST for this series?

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jaycee05 » Feb 23rd, '05, 04:25

iwillnotloveyoulongtime:

:crazy: that's one big-ass spoiler there, missy
better censor it, if i were u 8) ...

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Re: Convince me to keep watching

Post by jaycee05 » Feb 23rd, '05, 04:33

Sassy Man wrote: How does it compare to say Autumn tale (which to me btw is still the benchmark when it comes to tearjerkers)?
sorry dude, u're pretty much a lost cause to have AT as u benchmark...

apples

Post by apples » Feb 23rd, '05, 04:37

InFiNiTeX wrote:oh man..... i just finished it like just now and was crying at the end.... i have a question to ask though.... what happened to Eun-chae? did she really die? and i find it kinda sad that the mom didn't find ou about themt.....
at first, i didn't really like that she died.. i really thought it was stupid. (i'm sorry but i dnt like seeing ppl commit suicide in the end.. errr.. except for one particular drama.. might spoil anyone so i won't tell which one).

about the mom.. i think it was the first thing he did that was right (other than what he did for eunchae).

i wanted eunchae's dad to be punished for what he did.. but not by losing his daughter..

Dahee Fanel

Post by Dahee Fanel » Feb 24th, '05, 03:47

Yes, she did really die. She committed suicide because she wanted to be selfish for just once in her life, and because she didn't want to leave poor Moo-Hyuk, who had been alone his entire life, to be by himself. :cry:
I have seen the first 6 episodes on video and put it and every other drama series on hold. I have found the acting skills of the mother and the wimpy son to be absolutely appalling. The girl is cute. The bloke has snake eyes.

Is this worth watching to the end? Convince the Sass that this is worth watching, without giving away too much. How does it compare to say Autumn tale (which to me btw is still the benchmark when it comes to tearjerkers)?

I cannot stomach the wimp. I cannot stomach snake eyes. The cute girl is the only saving grace.

Go ahead....convince the Sass.
...So Ji Sub isn't a snake eyes. :x

Kidding, kidding. I'm not mad. But...I hope that you'll be able to see past the "snake eyes" thing, and appreciate the good actor that he is. Because he really is talented.

I can assure you that this drama gets better and better the more you watch. And if you compare it to Autumn Tale...I dunno, I think Autumn Tale was too cliched, and although that ending made me sob my eyes out, it didn't last with me. With I'm Sorry, I Love You, the ending lasted. That's the real difference between the two (besides the fact that I believe I'm Sorry, I Love You is a hundred times more original).

Just give it a try. There's a high chance you'll like it, methinks.

(I can't stomach the wimp either. :pale: )

Sassy Man

Post by Sassy Man » Feb 24th, '05, 04:06

heh - just jealous.

i'm pretty tempted to restart. It seems it gets better and better?

Autmn tale to me was the benchmark because it was the first of the major tearjerking dramas I saw. It was in 2000, olympic year. Many others like WInter sonata,Stairway etc came after it. A lot of you guys, I think, saw AT after a lot of these other dramas which were actually inspired by AT. It put SHK on the map. So it's got a special place for me. Also SHK is mega pretty.

cheers.

Dahee Fanel

Post by Dahee Fanel » Feb 27th, '05, 22:09

Sassy Man wrote:heh - just jealous.

i'm pretty tempted to restart. It seems it gets better and better?

Autmn tale to me was the benchmark because it was the first of the major tearjerking dramas I saw. It was in 2000, olympic year. Many others like WInter sonata,Stairway etc came after it. A lot of you guys, I think, saw AT after a lot of these other dramas which were actually inspired by AT. It put SHK on the map. So it's got a special place for me. Also SHK is mega pretty.

cheers.
Hmm, I can see where you're coming from. Autumn Tale was actually my first K-drama...or was it? I don't really recall too well, but it was definitely one of the first ones. :unsure:

I definitely agree with you when you say that Winter Sonata (which was, ironically enough, by the same director as Autumn Tale) and Stairway to Heaven were pretty much based on it. But the themes of cancer and tragic love stories have been in K-drama for a veeeery long time...so I don't think you can call Autumn Tale "THE" original tragic drama. But w/e.

Watch ISILY...Now... :lol

Misa

too sad but wonderful!

Post by Misa » Mar 1st, '05, 21:20

Today I've watched the last episode of MISA; too sad, too sad, but this drama is the best that I 've watched in my life.
Wonderful!
Ji sup is a clever actor and I hope to see he soon in other drama (now I have to see thousand years of love, dating now and what happened in bali)

Only today I've knew that he's gone to army.

Good luck Ji-sub :lol

Dilemma

Post by Dilemma » Mar 3rd, '05, 06:57

This has become my favorite drama now. That spot was taken by Winter Sonata but now I can't even compare anything to MISA. Gonna let my sisters check this one out for themselves because they've basically watched everything.

kazuni

Post by kazuni » Mar 6th, '05, 07:21

Hello everyone, this is my first post on d-addicts actually, name's kazu. nice to meet you all.

I find this series thru a link from another korean music website, and saw this series and got it from the torrent links - actually, i was plowing thru the forum to see what's interesting and whats not - since i saw so much good comments about this series i got it.

and all i have to say is....this is a very, very touching, interesting and definitely life-altering series i've seen yet.

I was a kmovie fan, since msg, (like many of us here), and this, definitely caught me bad. haha. MiSa is really, really that good.

i never really cry when i watch anything, not movies, not anything. I found myself burst into tears when i saw the part when eunchae's dad was scolding yoon's mom about the evil transplant-apology thing (when eunchae heard about it over the garage door)
.man.

oh, btw, does anyone know the name/singer of the title song of this series? (the one that has a guy and a gal version, which, the gal version was sung only on the last 2 episodes). anyone?

thank you guys for such great series btw! :)

rainidy
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rainidy » Mar 6th, '05, 07:36

[
oh, btw, does anyone know the name/singer of the title song of this series? (the one that has a guy and a gal version, which, the gal version was sung only on the last 2 episodes). anyone?

thank you guys for such great series btw! :)[/quote]

The guy singer is Park Hyo Shin and the girl singer is Seo Young Eun.

aznloveable

Post by aznloveable » Mar 6th, '05, 07:44

i loved this drama. I dont usually cry watching dramas, i just feel sad. But it was
quite odd, when i started to watch the first episode i was sort of already quite
interested. Everytime Cha Moo Hyuk fainted or coughed blood or had any sort of
reaction due to bullet in his head i cried. I love how his character was.
He was always there to help Song Eun Che. For example - Held her
back from jumping into water to save Yoon ---- how moo hyuk took eun che by the waist and drawed her back...
Last edited by aznloveable on Mar 30th, '05, 08:21, edited 2 times in total.

kazuni

Post by kazuni » Mar 6th, '05, 07:58

rainidy wrote: oh, btw, does anyone know the name/singer of the title song of this series? (the one that has a guy and a gal version, which, the gal version was sung only on the last 2 episodes). anyone?

thank you guys for such great series btw! :)
The guy singer is Park Hyo Shin and the girl singer is Seo Young Eun.[/quote]

thank you so much ^^ i am trying to download the OST 2 now but it seems like the names are all messed up (i am using hangul windows XP so it shouldnt be a font problem)

i am still thinking about the ending - tho it seems too romeo-juilet alike, i really liked how it ended, despite the fact that i wanted yoon's mom to know of hyung's existance ( i knew it was impossible from start, eevn when his grandpa wrote the book). *and not that i want her to die of course, but i really think that's the only way eunchae can repay his love....*

man, i think it'll be hard for me to put this series down .... it's too good.

*final thought* perhaps someday later, yoon's gonna tell adurey about hyung? (just a wild thought) hehe.... who knows? I feel bad about the mom too but seriously, she way too over her son... *sigh*

btw i found something interesting:

http://www.cine21.com/Culture/culture_c ... g_id=28041

anyone can translate teh funny drawing? :P
Last edited by kazuni on Mar 6th, '05, 23:39, edited 1 time in total.

Misa

Post by Misa » Mar 6th, '05, 22:35

I'm thinking...
For me the more touching and sad scene is

when EC photographs Myouk with her cell phone. His nose, his mouth, his eyes...
She knows Myouk will die soon and she'll never see him. It's veryt sad :cry:

kazuni

Post by kazuni » Mar 6th, '05, 23:38

Misa wrote:I'm thinking...

no doubt about that... it was as if someone hammered my chest right when eunchae tries to find pictures of him on her cellphone, and actually mr cha cleared them all when she was holding it on her bed sleeping ><!!! T_T...

jkbuddies

Post by jkbuddies » Mar 6th, '05, 23:51

What is the significance of him being buried in Australia? His loved ones are left in Korea.

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Mar 7th, '05, 02:10

Ah, you just reminded me of that heartbreaking scene. Feel like rewatching it right now. I remember totally losing it when I first watched that scene. :cry:

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Mar 10th, '05, 06:33

Jannah wrote:

Ah, you just reminded me of that heartbreaking scene. Feel like rewatching it right now. I remember totally losing it when I first watched that scene. :cry:
me, too :cry: :cry: i really enjoyed MiSa~ probably after rewatching it...i'll rewatch Full House for happier memories and laughter for Ji-Eun's Tortoise and the Hare jokes. :lol

rel

hmm..

Post by rel » Mar 10th, '05, 22:12

Autumn Tale was actually my first Kdrama also.. then I watched Winter Sonata and Sweet 18 and thought Winter Sonata was great.. then Misa(Im sorry I love you) and wow.. this one is totally different, and original, so powerful and emotional. This is definitely the best one I have seen. Im always hoping to see something better, but Im not sure anything can top (Im sorry I love you) :P

baka_neko

Post by baka_neko » Mar 13th, '05, 20:41

i finished this series las night and was sooo shocked...
i was one big crying machine
actually i was still feeling emotional this morning when i woke up.
it is undoubtedly my top most melo. kseries!

jonogunn

Post by jonogunn » Mar 17th, '05, 03:17

I just finished watching.

Damn you sad endings! damn you!

Dahee Fanel

Post by Dahee Fanel » Mar 17th, '05, 22:26

What is the significance of him being buried in Australia? His loved ones are left in Korea.
Despite everything, Australia was his home. He may have been abandoned there, but that was the place where he grew up, and where he was, overall, happier. Korea held only bad memories for him, in my opinion. Remember in one episode, when he said the sky in Australia was prettier than the sky in Korea? He considered Australia to be his true home.

Also, it wouldn't do for him to be buried in Korea - it would only be a constant reminder to his "loved ones", as you put it, of the tragedy of his death. What would have been the point of his leaving at the end if he was just going to be buried there? That's my interpretation of it, anyway.

Sassy Man

Post by Sassy Man » Mar 22nd, '05, 23:49

ony 4 more eps to go.

It has improved, but i dunno, maybe it's too high an expectation bec. you are all saying how great it is. It's getting better. curious to know how it ends.

***SPOILER***
Obviousely the bloke dies. wonder who else dies wiht him? am curious about the ending.
***spoiler****

i must say, ol' snake eyes can act!

alstar83

Post by alstar83 » Mar 23rd, '05, 01:44

normally, I hate a sad ending series. But I am so into this series, rite now. Yes, it is really sad.
But not about love between a man and a woman. It is more about the hatred and love of an abandon child to his mom. I am so sorry for Moon-hyuk. He is such an unluck guy. He is all heart-broken while looking at his mom loving his brother. I hate his mom even though she didn't abandon her child. But she is a heartless person. She shows off her wealth, no understanding for the poor. I hate her so much when she is trying to strip-search his sister. And the way she loves Joon, just too too much.
I am on the way to finish the series, just 4 more eps. So curious about how it ends. Why does Moon-hyuk just tell the truth to Eun chae, that he is dying and he wants to spend the rest of time with her? Why does he behave in such a way that makes her misunderstand his intention? And they end up in hurting each other.
Wow, I don't know. Just want to fast forward to that point when all the truth is revealed.

scott12199

Post by scott12199 » Mar 23rd, '05, 01:51

happy ending!!!! oops did i spoil it for you? hehehehehe...

kazuni

Post by kazuni » Mar 24th, '05, 02:20

haha, nobody has bought this up tho i think...
*spoiler*

for the surgery for yoon, how come so ji sub's heart would be compatible for him? i mean... they're not really related.....???????

donna8157

Post by donna8157 » Mar 28th, '05, 02:31

I just started this drama and wow, it really stands apart from the other Korean dramas that I've seen. The first episode had to be one of the best beginnings I've seen out of any drama: including Japanese and Chinese. :D

flames

Post by flames » Mar 30th, '05, 00:28

is this better than winter sonata???
just wondering ... deciding which one to watch next

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Mar 30th, '05, 00:32

flames wrote:is this better than winter sonata???
just wondering ... deciding which one to watch next
Yes, it is. Much better. :)

flames

Post by flames » Mar 30th, '05, 00:38

Jannah wrote: Yes, it is. Much better. :)
just wondering
wat about phoenix vs winter sonata?
thanks for advice :D

Sassy Man

Post by Sassy Man » Mar 30th, '05, 08:07

finally!

you lot have a lot to answer for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

your opinions and polls really heightened my expectations and yuo know what they say about having too high an expectations...

i thought it was ok, but i couldn't share the same 'changed my life' sentiments as a lot of you.

without going into too much overanalysis (i hate overanalysing especially re entertainment) I will say tho, the acting was fantastic (except the mum - more on this later), dialogue exceptional and plot was..well, ok.

i thought the interaction between snake eyes and his mum could have been developed and made more emotional/tense. i believe they coulda and woulda but for the limited (or should i say one dimensianl) acting prowess of the mother. i thought the rest including the wimp and eunchae were pretty darn good. and i'll say this about snake eyes - this bloke can act! he reminds me of an oriental Marlon Brando without the big mac diet.

in terms of emotional zap, somehow it didn't 'connect' with me. dunno why. maybe it's cos i saw it at 12am at night. i will give it 3 stars. maybe 3.5.

**SPOILER***
**SPOILER***
did eunchae die at the end?

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Mar 30th, '05, 08:39

flames wrote:
just wondering
Can't comment. Haven't watched Phoenix. But they seem to be 2 very different dramas.
Sassy Man wrote:**SPOILER***
**SPOILER***
Well, it wasn't confirmed whether she died, but I took it as she did.

aznloveable

Post by aznloveable » Apr 1st, '05, 08:04

I have a question to ask you all.
------ My friend and i are arguing about if the mother had found out she had
twins and they are moon hyuk and the girl with the child
------

Dahee Fanel

Post by Dahee Fanel » Apr 1st, '05, 23:44

finally!

your opinions and polls really heightened my expectations and yuo know what they say about having too high an expectations...

i thought it was ok, but i couldn't share the same 'changed my life' sentiments as a lot of you.

without going into too much overanalysis (i hate overanalysing especially re entertainment) I will say tho, the acting was fantastic (except the mum - more on this later), dialogue exceptional and plot was..well, ok.

i thought the interaction between snake eyes and his mum could have been developed and made more emotional/tense. i believe they coulda and woulda but for the limited (or should i say one dimensianl) acting prowess of the mother. i thought the rest including the wimp and eunchae were pretty darn good. and i'll say this about snake eyes - this bloke can act! he reminds me of an oriental Marlon Brando without the big mac diet.

in terms of emotional zap, somehow it didn't 'connect' with me. dunno why. maybe it's cos i saw it at 12am at night. i will give it 3 stars. maybe 3.5.

**SPOILER***
**SPOILER***
I guess we did heighten your expectations a little... :lol Still, I'm just happy you think So Ji Sub's a good actor. :P

I'm not sure about your comments about the mom, though...maybe you could explain a little further?

*SPOILER*
Yes, Eunchae did die. It surprised me to go on this thread and the thread on Soompi, and to find that many people weren't sure if she died or not. I mean, didn't her narration at the end clarify things? Then again, maybe I'm just being mean and closed-minded... :unsure:

knickstorm

Post by knickstorm » Apr 5th, '05, 01:40

aznloveable wrote:I have a question to ask you all.
------ My friend and i are arguing about if the mother had found out she had
twins and they are moon hyuk and the girl with the child
------
first off I wanna say these writers must have had miserable childhoods, and now they're trying to make everyone else depressed with this drama.

First to address whether Eunchae died

SPOILER**
I'm certain she did. Remember how she spoke about has she has to join ajushi and she said something like "just this once time in my life i'm doing something for myself" PLus the report faxed in said "korean girl's body found in cemetary", you wouldn't write it that way if she was alive. PLus the medics didnt even bother tryint to revive her or anything so it's pretty clear she's dead. She od'ed on the pills to joins ajushi.

how to your point of whether or not the mom knows
I don't think she knows. If she did they wouldn't have the scene of her oppa asking grandpa why he didn't publish the book. If she knew, it wouldn't matter if he published the book. But the fact that he asked implies that she doesn't know. If she knew they would have made it obvious.

any my own point, what was the purpose of bringing moonhyuk's gf from Australia? she did nothing for the story, she showed up for 5 min, was gonna meet him at the airport and that's the last we ever see of her totally useless.

BTW my own question before moonhyuk dies and he's on his bike, where is he driving towards? Is it to the airport? or eunchae??

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Apr 5th, '05, 03:19

knickstorm wrote:any my own point, what was the purpose of bringing moonhyuk's gf from Australia? she did nothing for the story, she showed up for 5 min, was gonna meet him at the airport and that's the last we ever see of her totally useless.
I guess it's to show that Moohyuk has put her in the past & that he only loves Eunchae. Remember when Jiyoung was singing him the lullaby? He thought of Eunchae & ran to her. It contrasted to the scene when Eunchae sang the same lullaby & he was reminded of Jiyoung.
BTW my own question before moonhyuk dies and he's on his bike, where is he driving towards? Is it to the airport? or eunchae??
I don't think he was heading anywhere. It seemed like he was just driving to his death, like he knew he was already dying.

knickstorm

Post by knickstorm » Apr 7th, '05, 14:13

anyone notice the house used in this drama is like the same one in the birght drama with jang nara?

busyizzy

Post by busyizzy » Apr 8th, '05, 02:28

flames wrote:
just wondering
I liked Winter Sonata better, but it depends on your tastes, I suppose. Both drag - Phoenix drags so friggin much at the end, I almost gave up watching the show! But the beginnings and the set-up for both shows, while the usual K-drama formula, are interesting in their own rights. They're both similiar in the love story aspect - two women, two men, all tangled in a love ... square, is it? The set ups are kindof different. A major theme for both of the series is 'first love.' Winter Sonata is when you lose your first love, only to see a person who looks exactly like him. Phoenix traces more the themes of love - is there a certain time and place that true love needs to actually work or is love all you need? The premise for both is very interesting, as long as you don't nitpick the small minor details of some impossibilities and some cliches.

But really, if you're gonna do that, I think it's better not to watch. Most Korean dramas follow some set formula, but the differences that set them apart - that's what I love about it. ^^

Sassy Man

Post by Sassy Man » Apr 11th, '05, 03:13

Dahee Fanel wrote:
finally!

**SPOILER***
**SPOILER***
I guess we did heighten your expectations a little... :lol Still, I'm just happy you think So Ji Sub's a good actor. :P

I'm not sure about your comments about the mom, though...maybe you could explain a little further?

*SPOILER*
Yes, Eunchae did die. It surprised me to go on this thread and the thread on Soompi, and to find that many people weren't sure if she died or not. I mean, didn't her narration at the end clarify things? Then again, maybe I'm just being mean and closed-minded... :unsure:
dahee,
mum seemed a bit one dimensional to me. like wine tasting, judging act is more art than science.

just seemed to me not that great.

they could have got someone like that nasty stepmom from stairway to heaven.

just my opionion.

but ji sup is truly a great actor.

is he going to the army now? they should do a mini series of him while he's in the army.

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Apr 11th, '05, 07:07

Sassy Man wrote:is he going to the army now? they should do a mini series of him while he's in the army.
He already joint the army on Feb 28th this year. But I read a news article which said he might be granted a special visit to Japan later to promote the drama there.

jonogunn

Post by jonogunn » Apr 11th, '05, 13:23

i heard im soo jung is going to be in a new upcoming sad movie soon. but it's justa rumours i believe

kazuni

Post by kazuni » Apr 12th, '05, 22:48

Spiloer alert!!
one of the weird thing that i don't think anyone bought up is that, since Yoon and So Ji Sub aren't blood related, how come sjs's heart fits yoon????????

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Apr 12th, '05, 23:58

kazuni wrote:
one of the weird thing that i don't think anyone bought up is that, since Yoon and So Ji Sub aren't blood related, how come sjs's heart fits yoon????????
Well, that's still possible. Just like how a stranger's bone marrow can match yours.

kazuni

Post by kazuni » Apr 13th, '05, 02:01

Jannah wrote:
kazuni wrote:
Well, that's still possible. Just like how a stranger's bone marrow can match yours.
yes indeed it is, but it's sooo rare tho o.O''?

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Apr 13th, '05, 06:56

kazuni wrote:
Jannah wrote:
kazuni wrote:
At least the probability of someone's heart being compatible with your body is higher than the probability of his bone marrow matching yours. That's what I read. Anyway, we're talking about a drama. You can't expect situations to be realistic.

kazuni

Post by kazuni » Apr 13th, '05, 07:48

Jannah wrote:
kazuni wrote:
Jannah wrote: Well, that's still possible. Just like how a stranger's bone marrow can match yours.
At least the probability of someone's heart being compatible with your body is higher than the probability of his bone marrow matching yours. That's what I read. Anyway, we're talking about a drama. You can't expect situations to be realistic.
i guess you're right :D i'm just being a lil picky on it :D hehe

AdY

Post by AdY » Apr 13th, '05, 12:12

i like the part moo hyuk revealed himself to ming joo..though it's not an important part..but i think it's really cool when he started taking off the glasses and fake moustache and started wearing his hat and chewing gum...it's sooooo cool...and his face shows no emotion...and the way ming joo just stared at him in disbelief...it's like the coolest part ever...

kimutaku24

Post by kimutaku24 » Apr 18th, '05, 19:13

arggghhh! I cant stop thinking about this drama! Im' still deeply affected! I guess I wouldnt be like this if the drama is not life altering.

So Ji Sub's acting was superb!

Do you guys know what Moonhyuk wrote on the 1st episode to Eunche in Australia?

rel

Post by rel » Apr 18th, '05, 21:09

kimutaku24 wrote:arggghhh! I cant stop thinking about this drama! Im' still deeply affected! I guess I wouldnt be like this if the drama is not life altering.

So Ji Sub's acting was superb!

Do you guys know what Moonhyuk wrote on the 1st episode to Eunche in Australia?
I think it was something like "keep your guard up girl" but the (girl) word was not nice :p

WhiteboyLoveAsian

Post by WhiteboyLoveAsian » Apr 18th, '05, 21:34

OUTSTANDING!

The end was quite shocking to a white boy like me but I love the drama over all.
Spoiler wrote:By the way, Why did rock head killed herself in the end?. I know that she loves him but in the end she expressed that she couldn't leave him alone then killed herself. I was utterly shocked with my jaw on the ground. I found out that in Buddism one is allow to kill one-self then ressurect depends on how good a soul was in past life, did she kill herself so she could be with her lover in the after life or ressurect as his lover?.
The main actors gave outstanding performance.

Why couldn't they produce such good drama here in America.

rel

Post by rel » Apr 19th, '05, 11:54

WhiteboyLoveAsian wrote:
Why couldn't they produce such good drama here in America.
I'm not sure if the american audience is into these kind of dramas :p

masin

Post by masin » Apr 19th, '05, 17:51

considering a lot of ppl rate this show i mite juz grab it n watch it myself

inna

THE BEST K-DRAMA EVER!!!!!!

Post by inna » Apr 20th, '05, 15:43

:cry: this drama made me cry from beggining,middle, and end that's how good it is. the ending made me cry so so so much :cry: i've never cried that much for a show i cried for at least half an hour especially with the song(snow flake) in the backround :cry: :cry: :cry: even till now i cry when i watch the show.i so fell inlove with so ji sub :wub: he's such a good actor it broke my heart when i see him cry omo :cry: i just want to wipe it away.he's character was just so sad all he ever wanted was love his mom's love :cry: i'm so happy that "Rockhead" was there for him hahahaha they are just soo cute together :D even for awhile at least he was happy :cry: he's best line wus "byane,sa rang da" :cry: :cry: :cry: THIS SHOW IS A MUST SEE!!!!!!! for me it's life altering :cry:
Attachments
such a good kisser
such a good kisser
the kiss.JPG (21.83 KiB) Viewed 3919 times
man i h8ted when they didn't get to continue cuz he wus having he's headache
man i h8ted when they didn't get to continue cuz he wus having he's headache
kiss.jpg (151.39 KiB) Viewed 3919 times
oh my god he's so adorable
oh my god he's so adorable
netz_l_05.gif (217.17 KiB) Viewed 3919 times

Dahee Fanel

Post by Dahee Fanel » Apr 21st, '05, 20:49

jonogunn wrote:i heard im soo jung is going to be in a new upcoming sad movie soon. but it's justa rumours i believe
http://soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=344431

She'll be Jung Woo Sung's love interest, I believe...

pyh

Post by pyh » Apr 23rd, '05, 21:26

I just loved this drama. It beats all others. I watched it all night and when it was over in the morning I was sick and depressed. Other dramas, I would cry at certain parts but this one it was throughout the drama. Tears would just be pouring down nonstop. I never cared much about So Ji Sup but after this one, I was in love with him.

Penoy

Post by Penoy » May 25th, '05, 02:03

I really love this drama...as much as I hate it because it made me cry hard, really hard, as in ....

I have here some questions:

1. Did the mother of ajushi learned about her twins?
2. Is it safe to say that the ending is like a romeo and juliet thing?
3. Did Eunchae really die? What's the cause?
4. I wonder what happened to his ex girlfriend
5. What is the translation of Ajushi's letter to Eunchae after they slept together in Australia?

Hope you could help me with these guys, to clear my brain =)

Thanks! :D

Trunks680

Post by Trunks680 » May 25th, '05, 18:40

^I believe that I can answer most of your questions.

1. I was under the impression that Moo Hyuk's mother wasn't aware of her relationship with him and his sister, even at the end of the drama. Although Galchi and her mother are invited to Yun's concert in the last episode, there is no indication that the mother knew anything; however, it did indicate that she was true to her word and really did want to establish a relationship with Moo Hyuk's sister, and Galchi. I think the only people that knew of the relationship were Moo Hyuk, Eun Chae, Eun Chae's father, Yun, and the grandfather.

2. If by a "Romeo and Juliet" ending you mean a tragic ending, then yes, the ending is most certainly tragic. Nevertheless Moo Hyuk doesn't fake his death only to kill himself as her discovers that Eun Chae has killed herself.

3. She took some poison, or something very similar.

4. Perhaps she went back to Jason (or maybe Jason put out a hit on her). I felt that bringing back Moo Hyuk's girlfriend was a weak part of the final episodes as she did not have much relevance to the plot. By that time, Moo Hyuk's feelings had already moved past her and he was entirely devoted to Eun Chae. For the writers to suddenly bring her back only to discard of her character that quickly without a follow through is a sign of weak writing.

5. This question has already been answered in the thread.

scott12199

Post by scott12199 » May 25th, '05, 21:46

why was she in the last episode? if he went with her he would live, marry eun chae, and live happily ever after but this is a korean drama so you cant expect a happy ending... =)

tokyo shounen

Post by tokyo shounen » May 25th, '05, 21:53

I think moo-hyuk found it too far-fetched, he was just tired - even though it sounds strange, but i got that feeling, and it felt realistic somehow.