What kdrama are you currently watching? (Part 2)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Nov 12th, '12, 20:25

Finished Faith and starting May Queen :P
really loved Faith and hoped there will be more eps :cry:

klouvios

Post by klouvios » Nov 13th, '12, 17:40

Just finished watching Fermentation Family
Loved it :-)

mcromance

Post by mcromance » Nov 13th, '12, 18:09

Right now I'm watching Love Rain, Nice Guy, Full House Take 2 and Invincible Lee Pyung Kang.
Also got Bachelor's Vegetable Store, Ojakgyo Brothers and Hair Show (mini-drama) in line up.

I'm crazy, as I used to watch one drama at time. Now I'm really busy LOL
Last edited by mcromance on Feb 9th, '13, 18:57, edited 1 time in total.

MoonRaven

Post by MoonRaven » Nov 15th, '12, 01:32

Love Rain <3

Just started Heartstrings

absolutwild

Post by absolutwild » Nov 15th, '12, 07:10

just finished bridal mask - not a fan of jap occupation show...
may queen is great! can't wait for the next episode
ghost 2012/phantom is not bad too

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Nov 26th, '12, 05:54

King of Dramas- love

Sandglass- sure it's old and sometimes I have trouble telling who's who and what's going on but I still like it.

The Marriage Scheme- so I'm guessing since the 4th daughter is still in high school had less than 5 minutes of screen-time through 2 episodes and not old enough to marry she's just a side character.

re-watching

Crime Squad

Keikan

Post by Keikan » Nov 29th, '12, 08:32

Just finished "Ohlala Couple". Boy, I've rarely hated an ending in a drama as much as I hated this one. I thought the drama was really enjoyable for the most part, but that ending just puts everything back in perspective. It makes me like the drama a lot less than I originally did. I guess my problem lies with the message that this drama carries. I thought it was all about women's empowerment and learning to move on from an abusive relationship (like Bittersweet Life was all about) but in the end
it turns out it's absolutely not the case. I can't believe Yeok would return to her husband after all he's done to her (cheated on her AND got caught, abused her psychologically, killed their child and almost killed her to save his mistress). No matter how much he changed, and even if he gave her a piece of his liver to save her, there's just no way in my eyes that she (or any self-respecting woman) would choose to return to such a husband. Especially when she has such a sweet and caring boyfriend.
Anyway, this ending really annoyed me and I think I'm going to stay away from K-dramas for a while. :P

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Dec 3rd, '12, 05:36

Wedding Sceme- love

Sandglass- I love it though maybe it's just the version DramaFever has but it seems like important not crucial but important parts are missing, maybe that's just the way things were back then though.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Dec 4th, '12, 21:04

@Sajen16: wedding Scheme was one of my faves back then.

Watching: Cheongdamdong Alice, Missing You (need to catch up), King of Dramas (when have nothing better to do), The Great Seer (need to catch up), Mushin (still), various KBS Drama Specials, and c-drama Bie Ai Wo.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Dec 6th, '12, 16:25

seriously I can't focus on anything
watching
King of Dramas but without any excitement
Great Seer but as above
Five Fingers - I watched last 2 episodes, approved more or less about ending and now I started from begining
waiting for Missing You and Cheongdamdong Alice to work out more (and girl from second one is making me reluctant - I remember her from MMM and PSH is only reason I still want to try)
so I went to watch StarGate Univerese :P :lol
and I wait for Bridal Mask to download itself - maybe I need something heavy right now?

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 7th, '12, 13:36

SO, I am Back! :P
Don't know what Faith did to me but after it ended I was in no mood to watch any kdramas. I put everything on hold and even went to mainland Cdramas.

it was something different and I enjoyed it the whole time I was there. after been avid Jdrama fan for some many years and dissing Kdramas, I said "Never say Never" when I started my first ever kdrama so I decided to try Cdramas too. if only they don't have that horrible dubbing issue, I would have enjoyed them as much as I am enjoying J & Kdramas.

so I did watch Bu Bu Jing Xin and totally enjoyed it up to ep16 where everything came tumbling down with unrealistic storylines. I had to drop the drama because I just could not stand the main female character and her silly reasoning.
I will start Bie Ai Wo these days

as for Kdramas, picking up The Great Seer and have to pick up Mushin too.
Started Cheongdamdong Alice ( :blink , Yes! I am shocked at myself for watching PSH in a drama too!) and want to start School 2013 too.

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Dec 10th, '12, 06:42

King of Dramas
School 2013- love this

Saving Mrs. Go Bong Shil- son't know why but I really like this show

When Spring Comes- a show I'd never heard of before but so far a real hidden gem through the first two episodes. I want Jung Do to be with Chae Ri at the end but I suppose that's not gonna happen. Also maybe it's just me but Park Gun-hyung kind of looks like Lee Sun Kyoon here.

Can Love Become Money?-

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Dec 10th, '12, 08:14

I liked the drama 'When Spring comes' Saw it some time ago. Watched for Nam Gil really but he is not really the lead in this drama. Just so good to look at and a good actor. Liked it all altho not too excited about the actresses. Interesting and funny in places. good older cast.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Dec 10th, '12, 08:22

Issy,

I am loving Mushin. It is a drama that is treated well by the director. The costumes are good. Tthe settings are interesting and the battles are really well done. The 'games' in which slaves can fight for a better life as soldiers are scary but you can't stop watching. This is historical that is treated very well in the nonfiction areas. Only problem was the girl who popped up twice. The netizens demanded she be brought back in another character. I could have done without her myself. However, not a very intrusive part. The men in the cast are great. If you once start watching you should try to see every episode. Lots of time is dealt with and lots of 'stuff' goes on in every scene. Good cast Really good cast. My favourite drama for many months. I don't want it to end but I think I am nearing the final episodes.

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 10th, '12, 17:18

@peggy

honestly, I can never understand the way netizens think.
I was happy that she will die soo and I don't have to see her again and when I peaked through some later eps, I saw her alive and well. I really could not believe my eyes back then and had to know why on earth she popped up again.
The drama is really good. I was hooked straight from the start and I have to admit that I have my eyes on Kim Yak Sun :P
ok, so I added Can You Hear My Heart to my list because I saw Nam Goong Min in ChAlice and he made me :wub: but after starting CYHMH, I came to see Kim Jae Won for the first time and now I am double :wub: :wub: and thinking of checking out May Queen. aaah! I never learn. :unsure:

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Dec 10th, '12, 17:46

Issy wrote: ok, so I added Can You Hear My Heart to my list because I saw Nam Goong Min in ChAlice and he made me :wub: but after starting CYHMH, I came to see Kim Jae Won for the first time and now I am double :wub: :wub: and thinking of checking out May Queen. aaah! I never learn. :unsure:
I couldn't but comment, NGM was AMAZING in CYHMH, he rocked really, the drama has the best bromance ever or maybe after QoR's one :whistling:

I was too busy/lazy lately (was I? :scratch:), well anyways I promised I won't start any airing dramas, but how can I miss my PSH's drama ? So this is all I'll be watching for now :cry:

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 10th, '12, 18:19

@sham

the male cast in CYHMYH are all :wub: from NGM, to KJW and LKH. :mrgreen: I am really enjoying this drama so far to the point of not watching anything but this.
not to mention how great is the character played by JBS. after watching in Mushin, it's so hard to think he's the same person. I am so impressed.

and sham forgot to watch PSH drama and Issy has already??? It must be the end of the world as E-chan said. :goggle:

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Dec 20th, '12, 22:02

The only K-dramas I'm watching right now is May Queen and Cheongdamdong Alice.
I also can't seem to get into the mode to watch anything else. Eventually though I'll start of The Great Seer and Horse Doctor. But putting the K-dramas aside I'm really loving the TW dramas. I haven't seen much but I'm planning to! Finished Fated to Love You in two days and that's a biggy for me since it was 24 episodes with some for an hour and half.

But its a good thing that I'm watching May Queen and C.Alice together. I swear....."Ya!!!!! PARK CHANG HEE!!!" :evil: Ohhhhhh how PSH makes everything better :alcoholic: :wub:

kpal24

Can we get married.

Post by kpal24 » Dec 20th, '12, 22:49

I usually prefer Japanese dramas to Korean because so often the Korean dramas are way over the top. Those that aren't usually have some silly comedy relief characters. Having said that, there have been a number of Korean dramas I have enjoyed, including the currently showing "Can we get married". I found this drama to be interesting and true to life. The comedy relief characters aren't to bad and most of the characters are interesting in their own right. Highly recommended.

nangelique

Post by nangelique » Dec 21st, '12, 16:09

I'm currently watching "I Miss You" and "Panda and Hedgehog".
The two are completely different but it's nice getting a lighter drama for relief after a couple episodes of "I Miss You". However, both dramas are really good. The young leads are amazing for "I Miss You", so impressed! :D Definetly a must watch as well! :)

**lol, just added "Cheongdamdong Alice" to the list. It's pretty good so far. :thumleft:
Last edited by nangelique on Dec 23rd, '12, 17:55, edited 1 time in total.

mina05

Post by mina05 » Dec 23rd, '12, 17:00

may queen :)

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Dec 29th, '12, 04:28

School 2013- so awesome

King of Dramas-

Alice in Cheongdamdong- so far I love though Se Kyung is dangerously close to being the first K-drama heroine I flat out hate.

Saving Mrs. Go Bong Shil

I Need Romance 2012

Warrior Baek Dong Soo

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 4th, '13, 12:33

Cheongdamdong Alice (known as ChAlice), Missing You, Drama Specials, finishing Mushin, The Great Seer somehow on hold, Can We Get Married?.
On upcoming to watch: School 2013, That Winter something something, Yawang, Kang Jihwan's drama (not real life one), and Namgil-nim's drama.
Few other Asian dramas too^^

nangelique

Post by nangelique » Jan 5th, '13, 14:16

Sajen16 wrote:School 2013- so awesome

King of Dramas-

Alice in Cheongdamdong- so far I love though Se Kyung is dangerously close to being the first K-drama heroine I flat out hate.

Saving Mrs. Go Bong Shil

I Need Romance 2012

Warrior Baek Dong Soo
I totally agree about Cheongdamdong Alice, OMG.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jan 5th, '13, 22:43

Ethlenn,
Shall be wating for your impression of the final of the MUSHIN drama. I loved the whole thing. My favourite historical. Left me feeling very neutral about watching any other drama right this moment
Did you see all of Grand Family by the way. Really would lke your opinions for that one.

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jan 6th, '13, 16:57

Watching:
Can we get married: love it .
ChAlice : it has PSH and he's awesome period.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jan 6th, '13, 22:27

I was endlesly searching for a good drama. Dropped Hot Blood, dropped one more(can't remember the title) and I Miss You. But came across Bridal Mask. First episodes were kinda.. not interesanting at all. But a bit later - it got very, very interesting and and I have only 1 episode left and I totally loved it. There wasn't a time when I got bored.

Basically, those who like revenge, action, a pretty girl and a guy that sometimes looks like T.O.P. - it's drama for you. For those who enjoyed The Devil, Resurrection, Bad Guy and so on. :whistling:

Now I will have to search for another year to find a very good one again.

in2sky
Japan

Post by in2sky » Jan 10th, '13, 10:16

I've just started watching Kdrama a couple weeks ago.
I watch Jdrama since the 90's, but never felt the need or interest to watch Kdrama.

I stumbled upon a video for SHUT UP! Flower Boy Band and got hooked right away. Right now I'm watching another 이민기 drama "Evasive Inquiry Agency", it's quite funny ^^

Could you advise me what other funny/crazy Kdrama I should watch?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 10th, '13, 10:49

If you like Lee Minki, watch Dalja's Spring^^~~

Tecky

Post by Tecky » Jan 10th, '13, 19:30

I Am Sam or also known as I Am Teacher.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jan 11th, '13, 12:46

Ottoke I'm totally in fluff mode. After Panda and Hedgehog and I Do I Do I just finished Flowerboy Band...
Dropped all the melos including 5 fingers, I miss you and nice guy...

Not really satisfied with ChAlice but for PSH I'll endure a little while longer.
About to check out Flowerboy next door but really not sure if I can stand Ms Park ;)
Maybe School 2013 is another option?!
Plus there's new jdrama to check out and drop :mrgreen:

Viande

Post by Viande » Jan 12th, '13, 07:48

I got drama exhaustion after finished Five Fingers and Arang and the Magistrate and haven't watched much since then.

Needed some fluff with Missing You so started The Thousandth Man and it seems to work. ^^ So I have just these two at the moment, need to take it easy for now.

nangelique

Post by nangelique » Jan 16th, '13, 12:51

I've dropped Panda and Hedgehog, it was okay but I didn't really get interested in it enough to keep going? If you know what I mean...
I'm still watching Missing You (I Miss You), but I'm taking it slow because it's quite heavy on the tears. So, I'm only watching an episode every few days for that... Actually almost only once a week.
I'm watching Cheongdamdong Alice with my parents... Haha. I've gotten them hooked on it. It's pretty good but I had a hard time loving the main girl for a couple of episodes. But now I'm really enjoying it! Watching 2 eps a week since I'm also waiting for the torrent and for the subs :)
Finally, I'm watching ... Well finishing up Rooftop Prince! I only started watching it a couple of days ago but I only have 4 episodes to go. It's so good! It's a light and funny drama and I'm a bit biased to Yoochun especially after Sungkyunkwan Scandal. The story is interesting and I greatly recommend it!

:)

**Done with 'Rooftop Prince'. So good.

rootabega

Post by rootabega » Jan 31st, '13, 14:58

Just finished My Lovely Sam Soon. Not the biggest rom-com fan, but I have to admit this one sets the standard. Lead actress Kim Seom Ah was phenomenal and carried the whole series for me. 2nd (or 3rd?) lead Daniel Henney was hideous. I found out he won an acting award for this show. What the ----???? Anyways, a brilliant lead actress, a good script, above average camerawork and a way above average score (Ennio Morricone - like, whoa...) made this totally worth watching.
Now I've started on 2007's H.I.T. and I'm on another high here. This series hits the ground running and the lead actress' character, Inspector Cha, is ass-kickingly awesome. This show reminds me of some of my favourite Hong Kong police procedurals, and possibly surpasses them. The production values are absolutely top-notch.
Netliets, are you hearin' this? :D

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Feb 1st, '13, 00:00

Back to kdrama land with Flower Boy Next Door - I so needed a bit of fun!
Besides that I dropped everything, ChAlice too even if I adore PSH
I am going to try Queen of Ambition (but I need to endure Yunho, hm.. let's hope plot will be interesting) and 7th level civil servant

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Feb 2nd, '13, 09:28

rootabega wrote:Just finished My Lovely Sam Soon. Not the biggest rom-com fan, but I have to admit this one sets the standard. Lead actress Kim Seom Ah was phenomenal and carried the whole series for me. 2nd (or 3rd?) lead Daniel Henney was hideous. I found out he won an acting award for this show. What the ----???? Anyways, a brilliant lead actress, a good script, above average camerawork and a way above average score (Ennio Morricone - like, whoa...) made this totally worth watching.
Now I've started on 2007's H.I.T. and I'm on another high here. This series hits the ground running and the lead actress' character, Inspector Cha, is ass-kickingly awesome. This show reminds me of some of my favourite Hong Kong police procedurals, and possibly surpasses them. The production values are absolutely top-notch.
Netliets, are you hearin' this? :D
Of course! :mrgreen:

I will give it a try, we'll see if it gets to me. :thumright:

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Feb 2nd, '13, 18:14

let's see

Flower Boy Next Door- I've never related to a female character as much as I do Dok Mi, then again she is for all intents and purposes the female version of me, can't wait for the next episodes.

The Princesses Man- considering that I started this literally 5 minutes after finishing Cheongdamdong Alice I half expect Park Shi Hoo do a Cha Seung Jo and be crazy.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 2nd, '13, 18:20

Sajen16 wrote:I half expect Park Shi Hoo do a Cha Seung Jo and be crazy.
He's crazy here, but on subtler and more deep level, with better script, actors and filmography.

Watch Sirius, people, watch it!!!! :cheers:

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Feb 4th, '13, 08:34

Hi E.

Are you speaking astronomically re Sirius. I can no longer focus on constellations.

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Feb 4th, '13, 09:00

finished Nice Guy and Missing you ....I need break from sad dramas so started School 2013 ^_^

mcromance

Post by mcromance » Feb 4th, '13, 11:36

Ethlenn wrote:Watch Sirius, people, watch it!!!! :cheers:
I realy want to watch it, but without english subs I can't understand anything :cry:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 4th, '13, 15:58

Peggy wrote:Hi E.

Are you speaking astronomically re Sirius. I can no longer focus on constellations.
Wish I am^^ I do have problems with that too.

But drama nicely played the astronomical fact of Sirius being in fact a binary system^^

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Feb 4th, '13, 19:40

:-)

OK. thanks.

kathia_sophia

Post by kathia_sophia » Feb 5th, '13, 22:57

i finished May Queen, it was an amazing drama, i recommend!

right now im watching both The Horse Doctor and Dae Jang Geum, 'cause Horse Doctor hasnt finished yet and also because i didnt watch yet DJG!

after watching them, i will start again Yi San and The Painter of The Wind because i put this both on hold for a while. (im at episode 23 at Yi San and ep 2 of TPOTW)

pekkauwer

Post by pekkauwer » Feb 5th, '13, 23:21

Lee young ae and lee yo won really look alike, always confuse them @@

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Feb 7th, '13, 17:48

Flower Boy Next Door- so awesome, though I think I'm allergic to Jin Rak or something

against my better judgement

My Love By My Side- it's slowing down of course, but all I can say is if Mi Sol allows Seok Bin back in her life later on then show and I are going to have some serious problems

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Feb 12th, '13, 17:39

just started

Golden Time- so I've only watched one episode so far and I know some people thought it was boring but I like it so far. Granted part of it is probably my long standing love and respect for Lee Sun Gyun and my new found love and respect for Lee Sung Min. I am curious though at the end Min Woo failed to save that little girl ,now in a normal medical drama he would have saved her somehow or one of the other doctors would have appeared from nowhere and saved her, is this a one off failure where he uses his failure as motivation to never fail again or does the show continue to show doctors as humans, not magical fix all people?

mcromance

Post by mcromance » Feb 12th, '13, 18:48

So right now I'm watching:
- Flower Boy Next Door (I love Yoon SHi Yoon)
- Incarnation of Money (first episode was kinda boring, but 2nd and 3rd a lot better)
- Hero (from 2009 with Lee Joon Ki - watched 1 episode, cause I need to be in right mood to watch it)
- Protect The Boss waits in line :)
- started Ad Genius Lee Tae-Baek this afternoon too ...

I'm masochist. 3 on-going dramas at once.

P.S. couldn't resist to make this gif with Ji Hwan :mrgreen:

Last edited by mcromance on Feb 13th, '13, 22:10, edited 2 times in total.

coolcolombo

Post by coolcolombo » Feb 13th, '13, 20:27

i'm watching i'm sorry I love you, on episode 8 now. One thing I don't get now is why does Monyk(The guy that like euchan) keep dressing up in disguise and messing with miinjoe????

rootabega

Post by rootabega » Feb 14th, '13, 07:45

I'm watching too much at once :crazy: .
H.I.T., Damo and now Iris 2 (w/o subs - I'm filling in the blanks with my own imaginary dialogue Space 3000-style :P ).
H.I.T. - love the lead to pieces, wish she had a worthier foil (I am SO over the arrogant young princeling antagonist types).
Damo - awesome lead, again, with some manly men playing opposite (rebel leader has the ubiquitous 80% Errol Flynn, 20% Jesus formula happening). Boatloads of wire-fu and swordplay. Characters can't seem to keep track if the lead is a male or a female, and don't seem too worked up over it anyways. Can't seem to figure out what anyone's motivation is from the lowliest convict to the mighty king, let alone what the rebels are rebelling against. I'm not too concerned because I'm getting entertained first and foremost. Bonus points for the, um, eclectic score which features the squealing of electric guitars usually heard during sports highlights reels alongside of the swelling orchestral sounds of sword and sandals epics from bygone years. :D
Iris 2 - easier than falling off of a log to get what's happening without the subs. Some may take this as a bad thing. I am pleased because I like my actioners to look good and speak without pretension. Down with melo - up with action, I say! :rambo:

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Feb 15th, '13, 19:49

I am trying to watch 'Queen Insoo'. It has been on and off TV in my area but I try to keep up with it because I find it fascinating. No subs but I still have become deeply attached to these characters. It is a different look at this story and time from others I have seen. Ham Eun Jung has done a remarkable job playing the young Queen. I have been really impressed with her. They have just moved on to the next actress at the older age, and it was quite a little jarring time for me. I really liked Eun Jung. She surely will go on as a fine actress with more roles in the future.
They were pretty cruel and vicious in those days weren't they.

I would watch this over again if there were ever subs.

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 16th, '13, 00:03

oh dear god, I have been away from this thread for too long. so what I have been watching...
right now
Flower Boy Next Door: got hooked since ep1 and I really can't live without it. :P Enriqu's smiles just cheer me up and the whole drama just make me happy when I watch it. I just needed a simple fluff romcom to enjoy and FBND just delivers what I want every week. I am actually feeling kind of sad now that we got only 4 eps left. :cry: hope it stays great till the end.

Started That Winter, The Wind Blows yesterday and again I am hooked. totally loved the first 2eps. what more do I want, Jo InSung and Kim Bum in great bromance.

apart from these two, I am totally dramaless. :-(

forgot to add
dropped ChAlice from ep8. I just couldn't take more of that crazy storyline.
and still have 6 eps of The Great Seer to watch. Silly me just can't watch Choi Young gets executed by LSG :cry: but over all Ji Jin Hee was just a delight to watch. as always :P

creidesca
Fansubber
Fansubber
United States of America

Post by creidesca » Feb 16th, '13, 04:44

Peggy wrote:I am trying to watch 'Queen Insoo'. It has been on and off TV in my area but I try to keep up with it because I find it fascinating. No subs but I still have become deeply attached to these characters. It is a different look at this story and time from others I have seen. Ham Eun Jung has done a remarkable job playing the young Queen. I have been really impressed with her. They have just moved on to the next actress at the older age, and it was quite a little jarring time for me. I really liked Eun Jung. She surely will go on as a fine actress with more roles in the future.
They were pretty cruel and vicious in those days weren't they.

I would watch this over again if there were ever subs.
Isn't this drama available on dramafever and on mvibo, both sites carry eng subs for it.

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Feb 16th, '13, 07:43

Iris 2- I enjoy it but did they really have to kill Sung Dong Il so fast? he didn't even last half of episode 2.

That Winter, the Wind Blows-

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Feb 16th, '13, 07:50

Hi creidesca, :-)

I have checked recently and I find dramafever is not the easiest site for me to get a drama.

I do not know the other site but will look out for it. many thanks.

I really am enjoying this drama even tho it has been a bit choppy in being shown lately. I think it is a new channel or at least a new Korean site on this channel. I am also keeping up finally with 'Happy ending' which is now being shown only on a Friday. No subs either but very interesting.

soulstar

Post by soulstar » Feb 16th, '13, 10:45

• Flower boy next door
    Iris2
    Cheer up mr. kim
    Cain and abel
    Level 7 civil servant
Enjoying flower boy next door a-lot! Also, thinking about watching jeon woo chi and school 2013 now that they're done.
Last edited by soulstar on Feb 17th, '13, 00:26, edited 1 time in total.

creidesca
Fansubber
Fansubber
United States of America

Post by creidesca » Feb 16th, '13, 23:25

Peggy wrote:Hi creidesca, :-)

I have checked recently and I find dramafever is not the easiest site for me to get a drama.

I do not know the other site but will look out for it. many thanks.

I really am enjoying this drama even tho it has been a bit choppy in being shown lately. I think it is a new channel or at least a new Korean site on this channel. I am also keeping up finally with 'Happy ending' which is now being shown only on a Friday. No subs either but very interesting.
Then you definitely need to check out mvibo. They also have Happy Ending with e-subs. They carry most of the jTBC dramas with e-subs. I'll get a paying membership to mvibo once they start subbing the daily drama Thorn Flower or when they finish completing subbing it.

HowImetJamie

Post by HowImetJamie » Feb 21st, '13, 12:24

I just starting watching KDramas this past year and FELL IN LOVE. So I'm playing catch up right now, pretty much! I just finished Dream High a few minutes ago (and it was so fsldkjjdf good, even though Hyemi didn't end up with who I wanted her too--but that's okay) Anyways, I'm trying to decide now if I should watch Dream High 2... I'm assuming Hyemi's little sister is going to be in it which would be pretty sweet.

Someone suggest me a few to watch! <3

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 21st, '13, 13:07

creidesca wrote:
Then you definitely need to check out mvibo. They also have Happy Ending with e-subs.
Those are probably the best words I have heard lately. Really?? :wub:

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Feb 21st, '13, 14:50

HowImetJamie wrote:I just starting watching KDramas this past year and FELL IN LOVE. So I'm playing catch up right now, pretty much! I just finished Dream High a few minutes ago (and it was so fsldkjjdf good, even though Hyemi didn't end up with who I wanted her too--but that's okay) Anyways, I'm trying to decide now if I should watch Dream High 2... I'm assuming Hyemi's little sister is going to be in it which would be pretty sweet.

never make assumptions and whatever you do don't watch Dream High 2, they took all that was so awesome about Dream High season 1 and then sucked the soul out of it and replaced it with a gateway to hell, also there is a recommendation thread here so I'll just give you a few suggestions.

Coffee Prince- a gem of a show some of the most real kisses and such you'll ever see in a K drama, also I guarantee you'll fall in love with Yoon Eun Hee, Gong Yoo and Lee Sun Gyun

Soul/Hon- just simply one of the best stories to ever grace dramadom and Im Joo Eun is spectacular

Secret Garden- you'll find widely differing opinions on this one, well all of them really but this more so than most, however I loved it and fell in love with both Hyun Bin and Ha Ji Won, to this day the elevator scene is one of the most amazing acting performances I've ever seen anywhere.

Shut Up Flower Boy Band- a wonderful bromance with some wonderful music and one of the best cameos ever

Thank You- I love the story, the directing, the writing, the setting, the whole cast just everything, honestly though it's Jang Hyuk giving one of the most intense and perhaps best performance of his career in the first half that makes this show.

Vampire Prosecutor - a nice action/crime drama with more in common with western dramas than eastern

Taerung Natonal Village- short and sweet story of Olympic athletes done right

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 21st, '13, 15:13

2kwik2can

Post by 2kwik2can » Feb 21st, '13, 17:29

I'm currently watching My Flower Boy Neighbor. Enrique is an interesting character.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Feb 21st, '13, 18:53

For some reasom I am not feeling very enthusiastic about Kdramas recently. I was so delighted with Mushin that it made all other dramas look very amateurish. Only Queen Insu and Happy ending have me in line to watch.
I began to watch Golden Time and it did not grab my interest and I really am not interested in mud and animals in the way they are showing them here. I think the character of the young Princess is over drawn and not at all believable. She has too much freedom for a Princess I think. I turned off the episode last night since it ws obvious that the action taken against the horse doctor would not succeed or else the drama would end pretty fast. It is a little transparent and somewhat repetitious.

Another drama is called' Missing You', I think. I don't quite understand it all because I have missed some of the episodes. The acting seems pretty good since I think it must be a very heavy drama. The cast is fine and the older women are very strong. Yoochun has made such big strides in all directions with his choice of roles.
This one is difficult I would think but he makes it interesting and believable.
worth watching.
Bit of a struggle with Jeon Woo chi. It gets mired down at times and the actors do their best with some of the awkward scenes that repeat themselves. I like the way they do the magic especially the occasional comic reactions from swirling dust etc.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 21st, '13, 20:43

Peggy, I knew you were my soulmate, but now I'm sure of it. Somehow I can't force myself to finish any recent kdrama (Happy Ending and Mushin were last year and I watched HE without subs anyway). I partially blame TWdramas and TWentertainment, plus stress.

I'm still going slowly through That Winter The Wind Blows (because of Kim Beom, damn, he's a man now, really) and Flower Boy Neighbour (for no special reason whatsoever).

Missing You I liked very much even though I realized it's going down the cliff from ep 15.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Feb 21st, '13, 22:58

Well I am getting my jollies from youtube and some of the videos they put up. I just watched one about a year old of Kimura and Sanma talking during one of their shows. I think Kimura was telling a ghost story or about a night when he could not sleep and was having a strange dream off and on. I would like to know what that was all about.
Also cheering up with Big Bang and Tabi. He can be so funny.

Someone sent me a powerbracelet....like the one Kimura has worn for years.
As of now my taxes are still waiting to be done. Oh Well.

HowImetJamie

Post by HowImetJamie » Feb 22nd, '13, 00:08

Peggy wrote:I was so delighted with Mushin that it made all other dramas look very amateurish.
Wow, I'll be sure to watch Mushin after seeing that review! but maybe I'll wait a few months or so and watch more lame KDramas first so Mushin doesn't ruin every drama from here on out for me lol.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Feb 22nd, '13, 01:52

Iris2 - a lot of action for start make me a bit afraid about future but I am going to enjoy it as long as I can

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Feb 22nd, '13, 04:30

I tried to watch an episode but honestly the lighting was so bad that the darkness of the scenes made it impossible for me to understand what was going on. I did realise that there were several people doing untold violence and I think there were a few cars involved. Did not finsih the episode. I will try again later.

HowImetJamie

Post by HowImetJamie » Feb 22nd, '13, 08:46

Sajen16 wrote:
HowImetJamie wrote:I just starting watching KDramas this past year and FELL IN LOVE. So I'm playing catch up right now, pretty much! I just finished Dream High a few minutes ago (and it was so fsldkjjdf good, even though Hyemi didn't end up with who I wanted her too--but that's okay) Anyways, I'm trying to decide now if I should watch Dream High 2... I'm assuming Hyemi's little sister is going to be in it which would be pretty sweet.

never make assumptions and whatever you do don't watch Dream High 2, they took all that was so awesome about Dream High season 1 and then sucked the soul out of it and replaced it with a gateway to hell, also there is a recommendation thread here so I'll just give you a few suggestions.

Coffee Prince- a gem of a show some of the most real kisses and such you'll ever see in a K drama, also I guarantee you'll fall in love with Yoon Eun Hee, Gong Yoo and Lee Sun Gyun

Soul/Hon- just simply one of the best stories to ever grace dramadom and Im Joo Eun is spectacular

Secret Garden- you'll find widely differing opinions on this one, well all of them really but this more so than most, however I loved it and fell in love with both Hyun Bin and Ha Ji Won, to this day the elevator scene is one of the most amazing acting performances I've ever seen anywhere.

Shut Up Flower Boy Band- a wonderful bromance with some wonderful music and one of the best cameos ever

Thank You- I love the story, the directing, the writing, the setting, the whole cast just everything, honestly though it's Jang Hyuk giving one of the most intense and perhaps best performance of his career in the first half that makes this show.

Vampire Prosecutor - a nice action/crime drama with more in common with western dramas than eastern

Taerung Natonal Village- short and sweet story of Olympic athletes done right
THANK YOU! My RL friends aren't into these foreign dramas (and I am falling in love with them SO HARD lol) so I joined this to find some people/make frieeends to give me specific recommendations of the best dramas. I want to watch ones made pretty much from 2010 til now that are fluffy as f. I'm sure there's a lot of good older ones too, but I'd rather watch higher video quality for now until I run out of newer ones.

kathia_sophia

Post by kathia_sophia » Feb 22nd, '13, 17:38

i catched up with the latest episode on Horse Doctor, so i put on hold Dae Jang Geum and started to watch My Flower Boy Neighbor and i picked up The Painter of the Wind (where i stopped at ep 2).

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 24th, '13, 22:16

Watching Flower Boy Next Door made me obsessed and addicted to YSY so I started watching 'Me Too Flower' and so far I am really loving it. :wub:

mcromance

Post by mcromance » Feb 24th, '13, 22:42

Issy wrote:Watching Flower Boy Next Door made me obsessed and addicted to YSY so I started watching 'Me Too Flower' and so far I am really loving it. :wub:
"Flower Boy" is brilliant. "Me Too Flower" - great drama also.
But lately I watched "Baker King, Kim Tak Goo" aka "Bread, Love and Dreams"- Yoon Shi Yoon's first lead role after debut. And it was daebak !!! I couldn't stop watching it, so 4-6 episodes in a row was normal :whistling: I stoped watching only when I was sleepy very late at night. It was that great.

And about drama I started lately, it's "My Daughter Seo Young" and I absolutely fell for Sang Woo :wub: I want a guy like him :faint:
So now my list of guys I would like to be my boyfriend got 1 new member LOL

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 24th, '13, 23:16

mcromance wrote: "Flower Boy" is brilliant. "Me Too Flower" - great drama also.
But lately I watched "Baker King, Kim Tak Goo" aka "Bread, Love and Dreams"- Yoon Shi Yoon's first lead role after debut. And it was daebak !!! I couldn't stop watching it, so 4-6 episodes in a row was normal :whistling: I stoped watching only when I was sleepy very late at night. It was that great.
That was my first YSY drama that I watched when it just finished airing. It was good at first and kept me interested but as story progressed it did lose its spark and became boring after while and I lost interest so had to drop it near the end. I have to admit that I did not know Enrique was Kim Taku at first. :sweat:

mcromance

Post by mcromance » Feb 25th, '13, 00:23

Issy wrote:That was my first YSY drama that I watched when it just finished airing. It was good at first and kept me interested but as story progressed it did lose its spark and became boring after while and I lost interest so had to drop it near the end. I have to admit that I did not know Enrique was Kim Taku at first. :sweat:
I agree that storyline started to be a little boring at the end. But I didn't care. I was just watching it because of YSY. And I wanted to know how Tak Goo's relationship with Mi Sun will be :whistling:

klouvios

Post by klouvios » Feb 25th, '13, 07:21

Ad Genius Lee Tae Baek