RECOMMENDED/FAVORITE KDRAMAS (ask for suggestions here)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
salaliman85

Post by salaliman85 » May 26th, '08, 06:58

thank you for ur recommendation BOGCHI .... really appreciate it...

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » May 27th, '08, 11:56

Just read about this upcoming drama on soompi: http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=221226
Another one I'm looking forward to even if it will be more mainstream. I kinda like the storys about Gogoryeo. :roll

kanshu

Post by kanshu » May 27th, '08, 12:08

Recommended:
The Invisible Man (I rarely cry over a drama, but this one was so strong and well acted that I had no other choice but care about the characters.)

Who are you? (If you manage to survive the first 4 episodes, a predictable plot... and Go Ara's performance. This drama is saved by the three male leads and the supporting cast.)

3 Dads 1 Mom (This drama has a lot to offer, even if some parts seem to be superflous. But that's only on first glance. Looking closer, you'll see some powerplay within a group of males, and how the ranking structure works amongst friends. It also has many cute scenes with guys&babies in it... and the writers keep you on tenterhooks until the very last minute of the drama!)

18 vs. 29 (Sometimes, I want to smack the female lead... Ryu Su Yeong impressed me a lot in this drama.)

Sang Doo, Let's go to school

9 end, 2 outs (When friendship turns into love... )

30.000 Miles in Search for my son (Some excellent acting by the male lead, and even if there are a handful of weak segments and cliched in this show, Lee Hoon's portrayal of the eldest son who's despised by his stepmother, belittled by her and his father and ultimately hated by his step brother is both heart wrenching and excellently executed, just like him slowly claiming back his self esteem when the mother forces him to become a "good father".)

The 1st Shop of Coffee Prince

Last Scandal

Bad Family

Couple of Fantasy (That one has one of the most hilarious opening scenes... Armed and dangerous..ly yummi. :))

I Really Really Like you (Very long, very heart wrenching, but very good acting, too.)
Last edited by kanshu on May 27th, '08, 12:10, edited 1 time in total.

MisterX

Post by MisterX » May 27th, '08, 13:45

Don't expect too much from that. Park Jin Woo of Conspiracy in the Court joined as a sub-writer but Choi Wan Gyu and Jung Jin Ok of Jumong are leading the project. -_-

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » May 27th, '08, 14:50

MisterX wrote:Don't expect too much from that. Park Jin Woo of Conspiracy in the Court joined as a sub-writer but Choi Wan Gyu and Jung Jin Ok of Jumong are leading the project. -_-
I know but I like those flashy mainstream period dramas :roll as long as it's not Hong Gil Dong. And I had fun with Jumong even though it sometimes got boring.

supavix

Post by supavix » May 27th, '08, 16:00

anywhere i can find sindon (specifically after episode 30?)
clubboxes seem to not have it after 30...

kurodreams

Post by kurodreams » May 27th, '08, 16:28

iljimae :o only first couple episodes have been released so far but its coming out pretty good :] featuring lee junki~
hong gil dong is really good too and yi san tho its kinda draggy.

getawayfrom

Post by getawayfrom » May 27th, '08, 16:35

not even for a moment that i thought YI SAN was draggy. I watch every single episodes one by one and I thought it was the best drama ever. Hong Gil Dong was just as great buy I didn't like how it ended, that was soo disappointing. I hope Iljimae is just as worthy but again I'm a big fan of Korean historical period dramas so I will watch every drama out there that are available with subtitle. Can't understand it without the sub. I really wish someone would translate more of this kind of dramas though beside the modern ones.

MisterX

Post by MisterX » May 27th, '08, 20:53

supavix wrote:anywhere i can find sindon (specifically after episode 30?)
clubboxes seem to not have it after 30...
We have it all stored. We'll post it along with the subs, so just a little patience and you'll have it all.
I really wish someone would translate more of this kind of dramas though beside the modern ones.
Problem with the older Sageuk is they're crazy long. I'd love to subtitle Emperor Wang Gun or King & The Queen, but we're talking 200, 186 episodes here.

Well, as I said, when we're done with Shin Don I'm subtitling another rare Sageuk and I'll probably let you choose, but I'll focus on quality and not popularity. Think it could be one between

Im Kkeok Jeong (96, KBS)
Roll of Thunder (01, KBS)
Jang Nok Soo (95, KBS)

or since Japanese DVD are coming out Secret Agent Park Moon Soo (02, MBC).
Last edited by MisterX on May 27th, '08, 21:04, edited 2 times in total.

MisterX

Post by MisterX » May 27th, '08, 20:55

WroW wrote:
MisterX wrote:Don't expect too much from that. Park Jin Woo of Conspiracy in the Court joined as a sub-writer but Choi Wan Gyu and Jung Jin Ok of Jumong are leading the project. -_-
I know but I like those flashy mainstream period dramas :roll as long as it's not Hong Gil Dong. And I had fun with Jumong even though it sometimes got boring.
Yeah... but the manhwa this is adapting is quite fun. Romance et al OK, but there's a healthy dose of Goguryeo history thrown in the mix. Doubt they'll get that right (then again Park Jin Woo might have come on board to take care of that specifically). From what I hear Song Il Guk, Jung Jin Young and Jo Jae Hyun have been cast, but only the first is a sure deal.

getawayfrom

Post by getawayfrom » May 27th, '08, 21:12

hey MisterX, it good to hear that you will translate another one after Shin-Don. No matter what it might be I'll be waiting to see it. Keep up the good work and the informations above. Would you be kind to let us know the updates and soso. Thanks

supavix

Post by supavix » May 28th, '08, 19:53

sent mr X a private msg...hope he gets it :D

MisterX

Post by MisterX » May 28th, '08, 21:13

ygm

asaboy23

Post by asaboy23 » May 29th, '08, 05:48

i really into comedy/romance type of series. i couldn't find any interesting series right now but i'll try to dload three dad and one mom when they done subbing it.. please recommend some comedy/romance pls..

i've watched so far..
my girl
a love to kill
love story in harvard
full house
which star are you from?(i didnt finish the series i got bored)
my lovely kim sam somm(i didnt finish it eityher)
goong
hello miss!
coffee prince
the vineyard man
delighful girl choon hyang(i loved it)
fantasy of couple
witch yoo hee( i really loved but the ending sucks)

currently watching
corner with love(tdramd) and next soulmates..

please recommend some.. tnx

gaeulprincess

Post by gaeulprincess » Jun 2nd, '08, 18:09

GOONG!

bbabyJESS

Post by bbabyJESS » Jun 3rd, '08, 16:15

i greatly recommend HIT if ure a fan of mystery dramas like me !
its so great that i've watched it twice in a row and i couldnt get enough of it , how i wish thr'll be a season 2 ! especially the 2 main characters look so great together ,

anyone know of any dramas that are like HIT and are of mystery type do recommend to me ! i'll love to watch them as im a big fan of such genre .

goong was quite a waste as thr wont be goong 2 [ showing their future kid n so ] because the 2 actors [ the prince & wife ] has now rose into a very highly sought after actor and actress and the original director couldnt afford to employ them anymore , a waste isnt it !

melonyhappy

Post by melonyhappy » Jun 11th, '08, 19:42

I need something like My Name Is Kim Sam Soon/ My Lovely Samsoon and Dal Ja's spring.. where the characters seem more 3D not like the typical "innocent girl" or "bad girl"... In fact I'll like it even more if there wasn't a "good girl" or a "bad girl" that's what I've realised I like from these two dramas..
Help?

Mariemerong

Post by Mariemerong » Jun 17th, '08, 16:32

alchocoholic80 wrote:Did anyone like que sera sera? I thought that was pretty good. Have tons of fav kdramas that everyone else has already mentioned them (eg. winter sonata, dal ja's spring, evasive inquiry agency etc) but one of my all time favs is flowers for my life or i came in search of a flower. Awesome series!!
Yeah I Love Eric Moon in there. I liked the plot and the cast.
Somehow reminds me of Dalja springs cause of the paying for a guy kind of thing.
But its the girl who pays. LOL.

<3ed Eric Moon Ultimately

Tammy88

Post by Tammy88 » Jun 21st, '08, 10:01

I'm looking for something similar to Hong Gil Dong with action, comedy and romance in it instead of the conventional romance/ romantic comedy. Can someone recommend me some dramas? Thanks.

harmonyLGS

Post by harmonyLGS » Jun 28th, '08, 07:11

@Tammy88 - another supposedly action romance/comedy is Iljimae, which is good so far in my opinion, but many people compare it to Hong Gil Dong, so not sure if you want to watch something so similar.

Anyone have a light hearted romance that they might want to recommend to me? Nothing too serious. Something similar along the lines of 9 End and 2 Outs, which I just finished watching, or Let's Go to the Beach. Nothing too classic (like Goong, Winter Sonata, Delightful Girl, etc.) Something that I won't have to shed buckets of tears over (I need a break from sad/tragic dramas).

Dramas I've seen are:
9 End and 2 Outs
Coffee Prince
Let's Go to the Beach
My Girl
Tree of Heaven
Nine-Tailed Fox
Full House

Currently Watching: Iljimae

Thanks! =)

equinox

Post by equinox » Jun 30th, '08, 05:35

Highly Recommended Dramas:

Jumong
Hong Gil Dong
I'm Sorry I Love You
My Girl
Dae jang Geum
Memories of Bali
Snow Queen

aziatik

Post by aziatik » Jun 30th, '08, 09:12

harmonyLGS wrote:
Anyone have a light hearted romance that they might want to recommend to me?

Thanks! =)
Soulmate :w00t:

Tearless

Post by Tearless » Jul 2nd, '08, 11:59

Can someone please recommend a few dramas that is kinda like, mystery, psycological or thriller? I just have seen japanese dramas with these genre! I really enjoyed, Death Note (anime), Puzzle, Galileo, Liar Game and Mop Girl. :wub: But now I want to see some korean. :D

.thingS.

Post by .thingS. » Jul 3rd, '08, 13:24

melonyhappy wrote:I need something like My Name Is Kim Sam Soon/ My Lovely Samsoon and Dal Ja's spring.. where the characters seem more 3D not like the typical "innocent girl" or "bad girl"... In fact I'll like it even more if there wasn't a "good girl" or a "bad girl" that's what I've realised I like from these two dramas..
Help?
I recommend 9 End 2 Outs and What's Up Fox, both are about a 30-year something woman who falls in love. Both have good plots and decent acting, especially the first one!
harmonyLGS wrote:Anyone have a light hearted romance that they might want to recommend to me? Nothing too serious. Something similar along the lines of 9 End and 2 Outs, which I just finished watching, or Let's Go to the Beach. Nothing too classic (like Goong, Winter Sonata, Delightful Girl, etc.) Something that I won't have to shed buckets of tears over (I need a break from sad/tragic dramas).
Maybe you'll like Who Are You and Dalja's Spring?
Tearless wrote:Can someone please recommend a few dramas that is kinda like, mystery, psycological or thriller? I just have seen japanese dramas with these genre! I really enjoyed, Death Note (anime), Puzzle, Galileo, Liar Game and Mop Girl. :wub: But now I want to see some korean. :D
Hmmm...the only one I can come up with is The Devil (Mawang), I believe there'll be a Japanese remake of it soon too, starring Ohno Satoshi and Ikuta Toma.

MemeX

Help getting into kdrama!

Post by MemeX » Jul 6th, '08, 01:14

I've seen a fair share of Jdramas, they got me hooked when Long Vacation was subbed by j-tv and searching for Jem rips of love generation was it..

Anyways, I got hooked on korean movies, like Sassy Girl at first, My Boss my Hero, some good high-school themed movies, then Oldboy and so on, an excellent detective story was there too, and other dark but great atmosphered ones..

..then tried k-dramas..attic cat was ok, fresh and entertaining at the beginning, then it drags out, tried a couple more but just couldn't get hooked! and the episode numbers where to many!

I want to get hooked, help me get hooked! I loved kmovies (dont know where to get them anymore tho), I want the real deal, the good acting, serious, excellence of korean film in a drama :)

anyone?

darkaz619

Post by darkaz619 » Jul 8th, '08, 14:03

what is the best Amnesia drama
i know save the last dace is good.
is there any other good amnesia drama?

fizzlex3mh

Post by fizzlex3mh » Jul 9th, '08, 05:01

darkaz619 wrote:what is the best Amnesia drama
i know save the last dace is good.
is there any other good amnesia drama?
Winter Sonata and Stairway to Heaven are the ultimate "amnesia dramas". Well, they're pretty much the same drama but with different male leads. :P

Time of Dog and Wolf doesn't revolve around that concept but I loved the way they used it in the story.

Fantasy Couple is a hilarious one, if you don't mind a little slapstick.

(It's kinda funny, 'cause people usually ask for Kdramas that don't have amnesia in them :-) )

fifimimi

Post by fifimimi » Jul 9th, '08, 22:21

Can you guys recommend 2008 dramas?? I've been out of date with 08-k-dramas as I've been focused on j-doramas.

I have my eyes on On Air and Gourmet..dunno why..but its only if people say they are good as well. What other 2008 dramas are good and which ones got really good ratings in korea as well?? I find that the dramas that are most popular here don't get the best ratings in korea.

nishikidoryoluv

Post by nishikidoryoluv » Jul 11th, '08, 05:56

I just got done watching Bad Love...and I have to say I loved it. Some people might disagree because it had a lot of drama. But I'm really into those kind of drams...you know the ones that have a lot of romance and tears. So if anyone wants to watch one like that I highly recommend...not to mention the main guy is hot.

BTW...if anyone can recommend a similar drama I'd greatly appreciate it.

MemeX

Post by MemeX » Jul 11th, '08, 17:26

nishikidoryoluv wrote:I just got done watching Bad Love...and I have to say I loved it. Some people might disagree because it had a lot of drama. But I'm really into those kind of drams...you know the ones that have a lot of romance and tears. So if anyone wants to watch one like that I highly recommend...not to mention the main guy is hot.

BTW...if anyone can recommend a similar drama I'd greatly appreciate it.
For kdrama I wouldn't know, but jdrama you could try Last Friends, I thought it was the best of the season.

What kdrama would you recommend for a male-jdrama-addict? It can be romance/drama too, or comedy (I liked My Sassy Girl)..something to get me hooked on kdramas..should be more women than men involved tho ;)

misslilyx

Post by misslilyx » Jul 11th, '08, 20:38

Can anyone recommend me some good dramas?
I want dramas such as On Air, Kim Sam Soon, My Girl, Full House, Goong, Coffee Prince etc.
I think I've watched all the popular ones Idk..

others that i watched are bad love delightful girl coffee prince lovers in paris hello miss

i watched love story in harvard but it didnt interest me same with save the laslt dance for me.. those r like mad popular but idk i didnt like it.

Anyone recommend some good ones ?? Thx :lol

anhnie

Post by anhnie » Jul 13th, '08, 11:22

misslilyx wrote:Can anyone recommend me some good dramas?
I want dramas such as On Air, Kim Sam Soon, My Girl, Full House, Goong, Coffee Prince etc.
I think I've watched all the popular ones Idk..

others that i watched are bad love delightful girl coffee prince lovers in paris hello miss

i watched love story in harvard but it didnt interest me same with save the laslt dance for me.. those r like mad popular but idk i didnt like it.

Anyone recommend some good ones ?? Thx :lol
Seems like the ones you like are primarily romantic comedies..so I would suggest "Dal Ja's Spring"..it's a very funny and tasteful romantic comedy. i enjoyed it a lot and the theme is kind of similar to kim sam soon in a way and the lead female actress if fantastic in her role. so I think u'll like it. Give a try. =)

I would also highly recommend "Fantastic Couple" ..it's very funny, light-hearted, and enjoyable. so try this out as well! hope u like these! ^__^

violetflower

tragic korean dramas

Post by violetflower » Jul 15th, '08, 02:49

So far I have watched:
A Love I Want To Kill/A Love to Kill
Save The Last Dance For Me/The Last Dance Is With Me
Get Karl! Oh Soo Jung (my favorite!!! i just finished watching this recently =))

Can anyone else name other korean dramas that have tragic storylines or any dramas like the ones above? It's painful to watch the ones where people are betrayed or there is a total misunderstanding that messes things up between two lovers but I can't help but like those kinds of dramas...

[sweet.surrender]

Post by [sweet.surrender] » Jul 15th, '08, 03:23

(k-drama) Snow Queen
(j-drama) Last Friends
(j-drama )Boku Dake No Madonna
(k-drama) Soulmate Highly Recommended
(j-drama) long love letter
(j-drama) one litre of tears
(tw-drama) Love Contract
(k-drama) Autumn in my Heart

P.S.
im sure theres plenty more... these are just a few of the
ones ii could think of :D

violetflower

Post by violetflower » Jul 15th, '08, 04:19

Thanks for the many suggestions! I already watched Love Contract some time ago. And I've heard a lot about Autumn in my Heart. I don't know if I'll watch it because I already spoiled it for myself a long time ago by reading online what happens in the end of the drama. But I'll definitely see Soul Mate. The summary I just read of the drama sounds very much like the ideal of what I'm looking forward to seeing right now. Thanks a bunch! :)

BOGCHI

Post by BOGCHI » Jul 16th, '08, 08:50

violetflower wrote:Thanks for the many suggestions! I already watched Love Contract some time ago. And I've heard a lot about Autumn in my Heart. I don't know if I'll watch it because I already spoiled it for myself a long time ago by reading online what happens in the end of the drama. But I'll definitely see Soul Mate. The summary I just read of the drama sounds very much like the ideal of what I'm looking forward to seeing right now. Thanks a bunch! :)
If you're looking for something tragic.. Soulmate is not the way.
Soulmate is great, but it's not tragic. Try I'm Sorry I Love You.. now that's TRAGIC..

violetflower

Post by violetflower » Jul 17th, '08, 01:12

I just finished watching Soulmate. It wasn't tearjerking but it was so funny and dramatic at times. I'm so disappointed to have learned there was supposed to be a second season but they canceled it due to the low ratings for the first season. I just contacted the MBC director to beg for another season (lol). Yeah ... that's how much I like the series right now. =/
I'll definitely watch I'm Sorry I Love You next! =)

junebaby

Post by junebaby » Jul 20th, '08, 17:03

Comedies
Couple or Trouble/Fantastic Cuople
Dal Ja's Spring
Get Karl! Oh Soo Jung
The Last Scandal of My Life :lol
Who Are You?
Comedy/Drama :lHong Gil Dong - best acting from Sung Yoo Ri
Capital Scandal
Other Genres
Medical Drama - Surgeon Bong Dal Hee - great, great show :roll
Police Drama - H.I.T.
Paranormal / Psychic /Mystery - Devil / Mawang -
Historical - Jumong, Legend / TaeWangSaShinGi
These are the recent shows that are really fantastic :lol
Many people have commented that korean dramas are not so great anymore -IMHO its the opposite!

conmeocho

Post by conmeocho » Jul 22nd, '08, 10:38

I just finished watching Powerful Opponents, I recommend that for a 2008 series that is pretty good. It has been a while that a drama i watch doesnt make me want to skip parts thru each episode. It's a very good and new kind of plot. If you want to watch a type where the girl isnt helpless, this one is definitely for you. Not so much comedy but it gives u a twist in many things.

Last Scandal, now that was a very interesting drama. Also a drama I didn't want to skim through. It's the only drama besides snow white with a not so pretty lady in the beginning actually stages a chance to meet her prince charming so to speak. Not that she's looking for one. It shows a lot of problems about age, and pretty much shows how important first loves are.

Dal Ja's spring, was a bit funny, but some parts were a bit borin. It was the first drama I 've watched that showed other relationships blooming and problems going on. Good plot though.

These are new dramas. I'll rate stars now.

PO: *****
Last Scandal: *****
DJS: ****

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Jul 22nd, '08, 17:12

For whoever hasn't noticed it yet...X is writing in english again:
http://twitchfilm.net/site/view/2008-k- ... alf-wrapup

kittiee

Post by kittiee » Jul 22nd, '08, 20:04

Hello everyone! I'm kind of new to the forums....was wondering if neone can help me find kdramas that are more "gangster" type of korean dramas or old ancient korean with kings and queens and stuff like that. Thank you <3

Bigjmaster14

Post by Bigjmaster14 » Jul 22nd, '08, 22:04

Whats a good drama similar to Who Are You and My girl?

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Jul 23rd, '08, 15:53

WroW wrote:For whoever hasn't noticed it yet...X is writing in english again:
http://twitchfilm.net/site/view/2008-k- ... alf-wrapup
Yeah I only noticed that today from one of the soompi news bits. This is great news for the k-drama community because apart from dramabeans there aren't many well written sites discussing k-dramas.

Thank you Mr. X for delivering :)

Strawb3rri_x3

Post by Strawb3rri_x3 » Jul 28th, '08, 04:58

MUST WATCH
My Girl: This is like my favorite Kdrama of all times. Love everything about it and the chemistry between the main leads omg <3333. :cheers:
Couples or Trouble/ Fantasy Couple: this one is really good too. It's hilarious and amnesia is something new and interesting ;]
Full House: this one is such a cute love story, and it worth watching. It's just that the ending is kinda draggy
What Happened in Bali: wow this one is such a great drama. JIS's acting is amazing in here. I really felt the pains, and the ending is just wow ;o
Goong: I like it, but I don't like the lead male umm :scratch: . I like Yul better, but this one is totally worth watching.

OK DRAMAS
Coffee Prince/1st Shop of Coffee Prince: it's funny how he think that he's gay hahah.
9 End 2 Outs: Love and Friendship??? hard to choose??
Stairway to Heaven: I watched this a really long times ago, and it's like my first Kdrama. I cried so much watching it. the step-mother is such a ****.
My sister-in-law is nineteen: It was Ok to me. Both brothers like the same girl.
Let's go to the Beach: I finished it a week ago, and really like it. Lee wan is so hot in there, and so are the lifeguards xD
All in: absolutely amazing. Even though there is not so many romantic scenes,but this one have really good fighting scenes and it's about the life of a gambler. Song Hye Kyo is in here.
Hello! Miss: This one was also very good. it's funny and I can't get enough of LDH xD.
Country Princess: Hilarious. I recommend this
even though it not very popular.
Attic Cat: Funny, but it's sooo draggy. still I enjoyed it ;]
My Love Patzzi: it's ok but not so interesting.

STAY AWAY:
Prince's First Love: Ehh, this is really horrible. The acting is sooo bad.
Wonderful Life: It's not really interesting, and I so want to stop watching it, but I forced myself to watch it till ep 14.
My name is Kim Sam Soon: same with this. I don't really like the whole older women like younger guys. It's pretty nasty, and it's so unrealistic. I watched this because people recommended it but I just don't like it.
One Fine Day: so boring :goggle: . no chemistry between the main leads, and the end the is weird. I don't like it I wasted my times watching this.:cussing:

Myxale

Post by Myxale » Jul 29th, '08, 11:52

Here is one I regret!

I had some time and wanted to watch one of the newer K-Dramas and so I randomly picked:

A Single Dad in Love (Korea 2008)

The rather promising 4 episodes at the beginning were probably the only ones worth watching!

The first thing I realized that was lacking was the lack of Plot!
The Title of the Show has almost nothing to do with a Single father in love, but just rather a single father who is everything but in love!
And the only common thing the show has in common with the title is the Single father bit!

The actors were all decent on their own. The most moving scenes and emotional moments were always solo. Even the Kid-actor was good. But together or in scenes where the chars acted together there was an obvious lack of chemistry. Not the mention the lack of logical dialogs and progression. :argue:

Some drama plot devices like Break-ups, secrets from the past, making up, one going blind, and brain tumors were reoccurring bits that came almost every 3 episodes. I had to restrain myself from groaning all the time!
It was so bad, one could not see where a romance even begun. It was like they suddenly just were.

The Ending was a Drama-fans worst nightmare. There was none!
Nothing that could at least technically qualify or be considered an ending. Not an open ending; a tragic, or a fixed closure. Nothing! All the question that came up while the show progressed were left unanswered. The Characters never explained themselves to he viewer. Or the others!

Hell, I watched lots of good stuff and some bad. But this is the first one I wished I never came across. 16 episode I kept hoping against better judgment - no not only for the romantic-ship to happen- but for something -anything- to happen that would make sense of this drama!

But, nada!

Sorry for the long rant mates! But I simply had to vent!

This one I cannot recommend!

mannymo

Post by mannymo » Jul 31st, '08, 16:33

another recommended one to watch: Hyena.

The theme of the kdrama is different from the usual ones: The lifes of men in their 30's!

Best way to describe it as a male version of sex and the city. Each episode has a sort of seperate subject in it. The story evolves around 4 best friends and a woman. Each guy has it's own personality, problems and ways on how they handle them.

I got totally addicted to this series, finished it in 2 days...which couldve been one if it was wasnt alrdy 8 o clock in the morning -.-.

What did i love about this series?
+male look on the world :P (it's different from the usual kdrama's)
+It's more daring on unspoken subjects like sex, gay people
+even though some subjects are heavy as a meal, they keep it lightweight via jokes or funny scenes
+2 songs from the OST have become personal favorites (nr1 & 4 on the list)
+there is one scene that actually made me have tears....never had those before from any series...I got caught in the story and that's definitely a big plus.

Less desirable about it:
- Some actors aren't on par with the others. Some just act a bit woody (or just can't act tbh), not natural which can be seen in some emotional scenes. Can also be that the spoken text in the scene just isn't strong enough or not the right one (more of a directing misstep)
- I know it's very korean, but the girl overdid it on the tears/crying...
- Once again very korean, but they used drinkingscenes mayb a tat too much for scenes of showing emotions (being honest to eachother, showing how angry somebody is, or miserable)

Overall seen i thought it was a series i didn't want to miss and certainly underrated (not fitted for the main public->ahjuma's). As you can see the drama wasn't perfectly executed but that shouldn't stop you from watching it ;).

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Aug 1st, '08, 00:53

I tried so hard to like Hyena, but I couldnt' bring myself to. That girl was just too goddamn annoying.

Now, usually I have a high tolerance for KDrama female lead idiocy and I could tolerate everyone from the YEH in Goong to KSA in Kim Sam Soon, even Han Chae Young in Delightful Girl... but not her.

Jesus Christ, she wouldn't stop jumping around and grinning like a playmate on crack.

KAAdonkaDUNK

Post by KAAdonkaDUNK » Aug 2nd, '08, 07:02

Hello. I'm looking for a good romantic comedy. Any suggestions.
I'm looking for something probably new. Because I've seen most of the classic korean dramas. Full house, My name is kim sam soon, Goong, my girl and so on. The newest ones I've seen were hello! miss and coffee prince. I thought both were cute. any other good ones out there?

tengoku

Post by tengoku » Aug 2nd, '08, 07:27

wondering why no one has mentioned Cloud Stairway, imo its one of my top 5 i liked it a lot. anyone else like it?

darkliquids2

Post by darkliquids2 » Aug 5th, '08, 04:13

i'm looking for a non-romantic comedy.
or just something a guy would definitely enjoy

ive seen hong gildong, the devil, in-soon is pretty, witch yoo-hee.

I appreciate any recommendations.

xV0iCED

Post by xV0iCED » Aug 5th, '08, 07:17

I highly recommend Dal Ja's Spring! I can keep watching it over and over again! I love the lead actor and actress. They're so adorable together<3333 I love how the story teaches you something in almost every episode. And for the first time, there's no real evil role in the drama... like someone who just pisses you off.. I grew to love the supporting actors/actresses too.

I also finished Soulmate. I thought it was a bit dragging... but nevertheless, I really liked the OST and the main actor/actress. I thought the curly hair girl was a bit too annoying. I hope there's a second season to this drama!! =D the main guy is HOT!

Strawb3rri_x3

Post by Strawb3rri_x3 » Aug 8th, '08, 03:57

KAAdonkaDUNK wrote:Hello. I'm looking for a good romantic comedy. Any suggestions.
I'm looking for something probably new. Because I've seen most of the classic korean dramas. Full house, My name is kim sam soon, Goong, my girl and so on. The newest ones I've seen were hello! miss and coffee prince. I thought both were cute. any other good ones out there?
you can try Delightful Girl Choon Hyang. It's ok in my opinion and it's hilarious ;]

Maybe you should watch some Tdrama?? I recommend Devil Beside You and It's Started with a Kiss

GOOD LUCK

zita3000

Post by zita3000 » Aug 8th, '08, 22:23

i recommend My Girl.
It was funny and so hilarious!
Lee Da Hae did a very good job portraying her character.
Lee Jun Ki was really hot in there!
the only thing i didn't like about My Girl was that Lee Da Hae chose Lee Dong Wook over Lee Jun Ki. :(

misslilyx

Post by misslilyx » Aug 11th, '08, 00:17

GUYS YALL GOTTA WATCH THE LAST SCANDAL OF MY LIFE !! IT'S SOO EFFIN GOOD =) Romantic Comedy <33 !!! [/b][/i][/u]

sounx0

Post by sounx0 » Aug 12th, '08, 09:48

hi..

dear addicts fan..

i want 2 ask any k-drama that have a sad and romantic story?

any recommend?

BozoBear

Post by BozoBear » Aug 12th, '08, 10:31

Hihi,
Im New to K-drama,but i want to try some

can anyone recommend me any K-drama that have this genres?
Romance <-- Important
Comedy
School Life <-- not that important

Best if the plot have something like...
Step-brother/sister... Childhood friends... highschool friends..

i like puppy love stories X_X :cheers:

darkliquids2

Post by darkliquids2 » Aug 13th, '08, 03:57

sounx0: Flowers for my Life

BozoBear: see Hong Gildong for comedy and romance-it has a good start with comedy then there's some romance, and it does get a bit boring around the middle-ish episodes, however the ending is cool. Should have been shorter perhaps.

Elien

Post by Elien » Aug 14th, '08, 20:45

Hi can you recomend me something similar to Iljimae and Hong Gil Dong? I watched first episode of Legend but didn´t like it. Also saw Goong and Coffee Prince wich i loved and Full House which was OK. Just want to watch something with young people, little of romance and some action ;o)

Thanks for your help!

belleza

Post by belleza » Aug 14th, '08, 21:20

Hi can you recomend me something similar to Iljimae and Hong Gil Dong?
Not currently watching Strongest Chil Woo? Damo is also a good one to try. And short (only 14 episodes.)

If you want more Lee Jung Ki, Time of Dog and Wolf has LOADS of action and a little kissy kissy.

If you want more Kang Ji Hwan, there's Capital Scandal, which takes place in the 1930s. There's comedy, romance, murder, political intrigue, sassy swing music, and most of all, FABULOUS clothes. KJH and Ryu Jin look absolutely dapperific here.

If you want more Sung Yu Ri, there's 1000 Years of Love, where she plays a Paekche princess transported into the current system.

Legend of Hyang Dang was a 2 episode parody of sageuk, starring Choi Si Won. It has digs at both Iljimae and Hong Gil Dong.

audiodj007

stick with it

Post by audiodj007 » Aug 15th, '08, 12:32

Elien wrote:Hi can you recomend me something similar to Iljimae and Hong Gil Dong? I watched first episode of Legend but didn´t like it. Also saw Goong and Coffee Prince wich i loved and Full House which was OK. Just want to watch something with young people, little of romance and some action ;o)

Thanks for your help!
First episode of LEGEND seems strange but bear with it really is a master piece.
I felt the same - always the first few episodes - with many korean drama's.
AWESOME entertainment you will not regret it the character development is amazing.
Try Robbers sure you will love it and Tree of heaven if you like young actors and don't forget to persevere with first few episodes.

Hope this helps.

Strawb3rri_x3

Post by Strawb3rri_x3 » Aug 19th, '08, 03:33

Hey guys, I just started watching What's up Fox? aka. Foxy Lady and it's just really hilarious. Even though the female lead is not that pretty but she's so funny. Oh and it's similar to My name is Kim Sam Soon but even funnier.

You can watch it at mysoju or crunchyroll

starryeyed

Post by starryeyed » Aug 19th, '08, 12:03

Elien wrote:Hi can you recomend me something similar to Iljimae and Hong Gil Dong? I watched first episode of Legend but didn´t like it. Also saw Goong and Coffee Prince wich i loved and Full House which was OK. Just want to watch something with young people, little of romance and some action ;o)

Thanks for your help!
Hey there.

Go and do yourself a favour. Watch Who Are You. Totally under-rated, warm and tender. If you are a guy, you have eye candy in the form of Go Ara (who's eyes are a lovely shade or hazel-contrasts well with her skin) or if you are a girl - there's Yoon Kye Sang (who has done a pretty decent job).

Or if youre just looking for a drama that is owrth the watch m this one wins hands down.

Just watch it without any expectations or prejudice. This one will slowly warm your heart.

Kimy07

Post by Kimy07 » Aug 20th, '08, 12:54

Great Dramas:
_ My Girl
_ Im sorry, i Love you
_ Coffee Prince
_ My Name is Kim Sam Soon
_ Full House
_ All In
_ Stairway to Heaven
_ Dae Jang Gum
_ Yi San
_ Iljimae
_ Lovers in Paris
_ What happened in Bali
_ Goong
_ Que sera sera
_ Time of the Wolf & Dog
_ On Air[/b]

zutsuu

Post by zutsuu » Aug 20th, '08, 18:48

I haven't been here for a while so I came to ask: is there anything hot and seeded now? :)
My favorite series are Resurrection, Byakuyakou, Rondo and I might add Dae Jang Geum as well :P. That should tell something about my tastes. I also enjoy comedy which is not too cheesy/obvious and has a bit mature taste.
(and yes I've seen The Devil and Invisible Parachute Agent of the more recent dramas and they were ok too :D)
Doesn't necessarily have to be a Korean drama.. Recommendations pls! :)

nysophia

Post by nysophia » Aug 20th, '08, 19:38

UNforgettable dramas :goggle: :

KDRAMA:
- Coffee Prince
- Goong
- My Girl
- Iljimae
- Seo Dong Yo
- Gourmet (still airing)
- On Air
- Lawyers of Korea (still airing)
- Full House
- The Legend
- My Name is Kim Sam Soon
- Autumn Tale
- Stairway to Heaven (if you wanna cry your eyes out)
- 18 vs. 29
- Daljja's Spring
- Yi San
-Happiness (still airing)
- Mom's growing Horns/Mom's Angry

JDRAMA:
- Hotaru no Hikari
- Hana Yori Dango 1 & 2
- Absolute Boyfriend

TDRAMA/CDRAMA:
- Heavenly Sword and Dragon Saber '03
- Duke of Mount Deer (2000 & 2008)
- Mischievous Princess
- It Started With a Kiss 1 & 2
- Brown Sugar Macchiato
- Devil Beside You
- Romantic Princess
- Smiling Pasta
- Why Why Love

thoraine

Post by thoraine » Aug 28th, '08, 00:53

[REQUEST]

Plox! Been searching for quite some time for some new drama to watch!

Looking for : Comedy Drama (doesn't have to be pure comedy but MUST HAVE some in it lol)
Have watched:
Hana Yori Dango
Witch Yoo Hee
Coffee Prince
1% of anything
My Girl
Nodame Cantabile
Goong
Goong S
Gokusen 1 2 3
Evasive Inquiry Agency (MUST WATCH)
Full House
My Love Patzzi
18 vs 29
The Vineyard Man

Please recommend only JDrama and KDrama lol.

If you are able to recommend me a drama I would sincerely appreciate it

Kimy07

Post by Kimy07 » Aug 29th, '08, 09:40

* MUST WATCH / Short and Funny Dramas ( not in order ) :
_ My Girl ( i strongly recommend this drama.. u can watch it on youtube i think ) Comedy + love
_ Full House ( with rain/bi the singer and Song Hye Kyo ) Comedy + love
_ My name is Kim Sam Soon ( with Hyun Bin ) Comedy + love
_ Fantasy Couple ( i think this is still here, so download it now ^^ ) Comedy + love
_ Goong ( this one is great, dont watch Goong S because its not good ) Comedy + love
_ Coffee Prince ( with Goon yu and Yoon Eun-Hye ) Comedy + love
The Dramas Above are seriously a MUST. Watch them ALL.

* COOL dramas * After watching all the ones above ( not in order ):
_ Get Karl ! Oh Soo Jung .
_ Hello my teacher.
_ Que Sera Sera.
_ Exhibition of Firework.
_ The Vineyard Man
_ Witch Yoo Hee
_ 18 vs 29
_ Bad Family
_ Last Scandal
_ The time of the Wolf and the Dog ( a bit more serious than the ones above ) Lee junki.

* MUST WATCH * Long/Serious/Passionate love ( In order ) :
_ Im sorry , i love you ( this is a must, watch it.. seriously )
_ Stairways to Heaven ( Kwon Sang-woo )
_ What happened in Bali
_ Lovers in Paris

* Korean Historical Dramas * ( in order )
_ Dae Jang Gum <-extremely famous. 55eps i think.
_ Yi san . about 77 eps... hehe
_ Jumong
_ Hwang Jin Yi.

tihihi, here is my list ^^

boji

Post by boji » Aug 30th, '08, 23:47

what dramas everyone watching nowadays? i feel like i havent watched a good romantic kdrama in ages.

oldlady

Post by oldlady » Aug 31st, '08, 04:38

Thanks for the link Wrow. Amazing insight and excellent reviews by MisterX. Made me feel about as smart as an ant after I read it.

4everU

Post by 4everU » Aug 31st, '08, 15:10

kittiee wrote:Hello everyone! I'm kind of new to the forums....was wondering if neone can help me find kdramas that are more "gangster" type of korean dramas or old ancient korean with kings and queens and stuff like that. Thank you <3

that just screams out Iljimae adn Hong Gil dong...both are very good...but i believe Iljimae is even more awsome and amazing! U have to watch them both! And see for ur self! Beware...you will be hooked!

elaine1898

Post by elaine1898 » Sep 1st, '08, 05:46

omg for those of you who have been so into romance and comedy, the IDEAL dramas are Evasive Inquiry Agency/mixed up Investigative Agency and Soulmate.

Evasive Inquiry Agency
comedy- funny every single second, just lay back and enjoy it and you will 100%, EVERY single character is amazing in every way. There are no "bad" charaters, instead, we see both the good and the bad, a regular person[: oh yea, the ending for comedy and satisfaction is 10/10.

romance - if ur reeeeeli into romance like me, u will still love this drama which doesnt focus on romance. The way that they enforce the romance in this drama makes you feel satisfied and the ending for romance is PERFECTOOOOOO<333, very satisfying. omg just thinking about it makes me feel so OMGOMGOMG! LOL<3

Soulmate
you havent seen this jewel yet??? O:

the music, chronology is PERFECT, AMAZING, BREATHTAKING.
After watching so many dramas, i mean a lot, soulmate can be rewatched with the same or even more enjoyment. you may wonder, its not popular so its not good right???WRONG. its a jewel and SOO nicely done that only a few can appreciated<3

BOTH of these dramas are on the top of my list with my girl and dal ja's spring,

elaine1898

Post by elaine1898 » Sep 1st, '08, 05:52

omg u should totally watch New HEart, its a medical drama with romance and the ratings are high and jisung is good eye candy.

new heart is very deep, because it challanges how the hospital works. succcessful in business or successful in saving lives??? the main doctor's kindness, thinking, maturity is amazing. trendy AND deep<33

omg watch Soulmate and Evasive inquiry agency, u can probably see my description of those dramas somewhere reeeeli close to ur comment, its after ur comment.

check it out please cuz those are blindingly shiny jewels in a bunch of forgettable cliched dramas. must love!<333

richnrich

Post by richnrich » Sep 1st, '08, 15:37

juz finished watching "9 ends 2 outs".....beyond my expectation! started watching it just because none of the current jdrama, kdrama, twdrama interest me...it's really a "feel good" romantic comedy....the chemistry between the main leads are great...but it seems this kdrama is underrated...maybe because of the title?? i had no idea what the title means before i watched te drama...that's the reason why it took me so long to finally watch this great series. :D

Fuu

Post by Fuu » Sep 6th, '08, 13:32

As painfully superficial as this sounds , do you know any dramas with the lead actress being as attractive as Kim Tae- Hee? I simply cannot feel "connected" to a character whom I don't find particularly attractive in appearance. As long as the drama's plot isn't appalling , I'll give it a go. Kim Tae-Hee simply looked gorgeous in Love Story in Harvard. Thanks :)

Yalichuda

Post by Yalichuda » Sep 6th, '08, 22:32

I have multiple request...

I was wondering if there was good comedic dramas like Coffee prince out there. I haven't finished it yet but I like it much :-) .