RECOMMENDED/FAVORITE KDRAMAS (ask for suggestions here)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
WinnythePanda

Post by WinnythePanda » Jan 1st, '11, 20:47

HAHA. Neliets You're actually so funny. ;)
You sound so frustrated! I am too, actually, but new dramas are coming out!

I think on January the 5th My Princess is coming out.
Amazing amazing cast, cute plot, I'm looking forward to it!
Dream High is also coming out! Young cast, should be fun!
But I guess you may be one of those people who like to watch dramas after they've completely finish airing..

So Secret Garden isn't bad. If you're super desperate, go watch it!
Oh, Mary Me Mary! is also incredibly cute.
But it's also one of those dramas you really have to watch it one go! :)

You said That Fool is good? Should I watch it, considering I have NOTHING to watch right now?

tennisplayer123

Post by tennisplayer123 » Jan 2nd, '11, 06:44

Can anyone recommend me a drama that is like All In or Green Rose, where the main character is blamed for doing something that the bad guy does to them and leave behind "the girl", and the bad guy tries to move in on the girl. After, they will return in another alias, as well as being rich and powerful, where some people recognize him and reveals himself to "the girl", and then towards the end, they end up together. I really enjoy these dramas, can anyone recommend me something along this type of storyline?

tennisplayer123

Drama help!!

Post by tennisplayer123 » Jan 2nd, '11, 07:28

Can anyone recommend me a drama that is like All In or Green Rose, where the main character is blamed for doing something that the bad guy does to them and leave behind "the girl", and the bad guy tries to move in on the girl. After, they will return in another alias, as well as being rich and powerful, where some people recognize him and reveals himself to "the girl", and then towards the end, they end up together. I really enjoy these dramas, can anyone recommend me something along this type of storyline?

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Jan 2nd, '11, 08:27

Suggest you try one called 'PHOENIX'

Several good actors and an involved plot such as you described. I liked it and I would enjoy it again.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jan 2nd, '11, 20:45

I don't really get it how can people watch Taiwanese dramas, I can't stand the Chinese language, sorry.

As for Korean dramas - as far as I know, every kdrama is subbed(or subbing right now). Maybe those oldschool dramas from 90's aren't.

I think that you should start off with Goong. In my opinion, Goong is must-watch kdrama and it sounds similar to your description. After Goong there are a lot dramas like that. That Fool, My Girl, Last Scandal, Shining Inheritance, Full House, Invincible Lee Pyong Kang(if I remember correctly), Oh! My Lady, My sister-in-law is 19, My lovely Sam-Soon.

I can't think of any more, right now. But I think that first you should watch Goong, My Girl, That Fool +(optional) Full House and Shining Inheritance.

By the way, there is already recommendation topic right here - http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_11526_2175.htm

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jan 2nd, '11, 20:55

WinnythePanda wrote:HAHA. Neliets You're actually so funny. ;)

But I guess you may be one of those people who like to watch dramas after they've completely finish airing..

You said That Fool is good? Should I watch it, considering I have NOTHING to watch right now?
Yep, go for it. I have quite good memories. I even think that I've watched it twice, not sure. I'm not the one to wait for dramas to finish. I usually start watching a drama when it has around 4 subbed episodes. And I'm watching Secret Garden right from the start. About Dream High - yes, young cast, beautiful but don't get your expectations up since all of them are just young idol singers, there won't be anything shocking or something. Just a family drama, I think.
Mary Me Mary... though topic. Started to watch it right from the start too but... it may be cute but it's no good, didn't even wait for new episodes to get subbed but I can't leave a drama unfinished so I just downloaded all the episodes I haven't seen and tomorrow I'll continue it, painfully.

Tennisplayer123, I can't seem to understand what you wrote, but Phoenix, which Peggy suggested, sounds interesting. I think that even I will check it out later, when I have enough time.
Last edited by Neliets on Jan 2nd, '11, 21:01, edited 1 time in total.

tennisplayer123

Post by tennisplayer123 » Jan 2nd, '11, 21:00

Neliets wrote:
WinnythePanda wrote:HAHA. Neliets You're actually so funny. ;)

Yep, go for it. I have quite good memories. I even think that I've watched it twice, not sure.

Tennisplayer123, I can't seem to understand what you wrote, but Phoenix, which Peggy suggested, sounds interesting. I think that even I will check it out later, when I have enough time.
I am asking for a drama with this type of storyline, in an easy summation: Main character has to go away and leaves behind girl, then returns as rich and powerful, defeats the bad guy, and gets the girl back. The end.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jan 2nd, '11, 21:03

Oh. I have one drama in mind - Get Karl! Oh Soo Jung. There is no bad guy to defeat but it's quite similar.

tennisplayer123

Post by tennisplayer123 » Jan 2nd, '11, 21:50

Peggy wrote:Suggest you try one called 'PHOENIX'

Several good actors and an involved plot such as you described. I liked it and I would enjoy it again.
Thank YOU!!! I am on episode 4 and that part came up (airplane scene), exactly what I am looking for.

tennisplayer123

Post by tennisplayer123 » Jan 4th, '11, 08:09

Finished Phoenix, very good drama, I would give it an 8/10. The only thing that kinda threw everything off was psycho biotch, and the storyline was a mix of All In and Swallow the Sun, both very good dramas.

Lana118

Post by Lana118 » Jan 5th, '11, 19:37

riki_kun wrote:
Lana118 wrote:Hello everyone!

I've watched:

Boys Over Flowers.(My First and I LOVED IT!)
Personal Taste
It Started With A Kiss
They Kiss Again (Havent finished it yet)
Playful Kiss(Havent finished it yet too)
And some episodes of Macherel Run.

I would love it if someone could recommend me some Dramas like those listed above.
With young actors and clever plots. Thanks! :DD
I bet you would like "You're Beautiful" if you haven't watched it yet.
I saw it and it was absolutely amazing! I loved it thank you sooooooo much! :D :thumleft:

I have also liked and definately recommend 1st shop of Coffe Prince and I think next on my list is Full House.You rock! :)

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jan 16th, '11, 09:06

if anyone liked Bad Guy then you definitely need to watch Sorry, I love you. A bit similar but very. very good. It's so good, than I'll probably finish it today. Whole drama in 2 days...

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jan 16th, '11, 10:49

Neliets wrote:if anyone liked Bad Guy then you definitely need to watch Sorry, I love you. A bit similar but very. very good. It's so good, than I'll probably finish it today. Whole drama in 2 days...
LOL. And if you didn't like Bad Guy, you'll probably like Sorry I Love you anyway :P There's a bit of similarity and I guess BG stole that cap from SIL ;) but there's no stupid plot holes, no annoying developments and no wtf ending (at least for me ;))
Haha I also finished that drama in a long weekend when I first watched it - very much recommended indeed :wub:

inweelendil

Any k-drama where guy pursues girl endlessly w/ happy ending

Post by inweelendil » Jan 17th, '11, 14:59

I've just finished Secret Garden and it's bumping on the top of my favorite korean dramas.

What I like about it is that the guy who was pursuing the girl ended up with getting the girl... the OST That Man/That Woman seems to really fit the series.

So is there any other series that would have the same plot. I hate it when the guy who likes a girl so much ends up as the second lead (i.e. No min woo in nine tailed fox, Kim Jeong Hoon in Goong, Kim Hyun Joong in hana yori dango and so on).

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jan 17th, '11, 15:06

I have some of those.

Let's go to school, Sang-Doo,
Still, Marry Me,
Sweet 18 (not sure about this, can't exactly remember)
Dal Jas Spring

inweelendil

Post by inweelendil » Jan 17th, '11, 15:22

I've seen Sweet 18 but I think that's not what I'm really looking for cause it's the girl who was desperately pursuing the guy there right?

But thanks for the recommendations... I'll check those titles out.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jan 17th, '11, 19:29

Have anyone tried watching Sitcoms? I have never tried them. Are they worth watching? I heard that All My Love is quite funny but... more than 100 episodes. Since I've been watching a lot of kdramas for last year, I have gotten used to 16-20 episode dramas. But I have quite a lot of experience in longer dramas, I used to watch American dramas which had many, many seasons. Should I go for it?

el_canuck

I hate US sitcoms

Post by el_canuck » Jan 17th, '11, 20:36

The wife and I have been downloading K & Jdrama for about 4 years now. We love endings unlike US shows that drag for years and never really finish telling the story or get cancelled before they tell the story, and the wait from Spring to the Fall shows sucks. Here we have great stories ( except for Marry me Mary-Baaaad), no or very few commercials and great variety. Remember Kdrama is an hour long without commercials, US is 43 minutes without commercials. Long Kdrama means big hard drives, it can get costly.
My revised list of favorites.

1. Coffee Prince-Reigning king of Kdrama.
2. Secret Garden-the queen
3. Full House- The prince
4. The Man who can't get Married-Laughed my ass off(guy thing)
5. Prosecutor Princess, City Hall, Personal Preference, Coffee House, Hello my Teacher,
One Fine Day, Only You, Goodbye Solo and Harvest Villa

OK so I cheated a bit.This question gets harder and harder.

Myxale

Post by Myxale » Jan 17th, '11, 21:49

-The Man who can't get Married-

Isn't that the remake of J-Drama "Kekkon Dekinai Otoko" with Abe-san??

Is is good to or just a rip-off?? Any thoughts?!

el_canuck

Post by el_canuck » Jan 17th, '11, 22:23

I guess it was a rip off, but as with Playful Kiss, the rip off is so much better. The Japanese have great stories, but try to tell the story in under 10 episodes. The Koreans try to tell the same story using all the time needed, sometimes double the episodes. If all three, Japan, Korea and Taiwan take a shot at the same story, usually the last one doing it has the best show.

el_canuck

Post by el_canuck » Jan 17th, '11, 22:33

Okay I admit I am a sucker for Uhm Jung Hwa, I loved her in Get Karl ! Oh Soo Jung and she was better in The Man who can't get Married. Kim So Eun has a bright future ahead of her and Ji Jin Hee has been great with Spotlight and Dong Yi, this show had some great talent working in it plus a funny story.

Soannie

Post by Soannie » Jan 20th, '11, 14:02

Hi guys,

I'm looking for Buddhist series TV or inspirational dramas.
No matter the country.

Any ideas ?

bubbsie

Re: Any k-drama where guy pursues girl endlessly w/ happy en

Post by bubbsie » Jan 20th, '11, 14:24

inweelendil wrote:I've just finished Secret Garden and it's bumping on the top of my favorite korean dramas.

What I like about it is that the guy who was pursuing the girl ended up with getting the girl... the OST That Man/That Woman seems to really fit the series.

So is there any other series that would have the same plot. I hate it when the guy who likes a girl so much ends up as the second lead (i.e. No min woo in nine tailed fox, Kim Jeong Hoon in Goong, Kim Hyun Joong in hana yori dango and so on).
hahaha i so agree with you!i always end up rooting for the guys who care about the girls so much but the girl always ends up with the obvious male lead!

i was rooting for kim hyun joong in hana yori and jae shin in skk!! hahaha

hmm guess one of the next series on my list will be secret garden!

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jan 24th, '11, 19:45

I'm now watching A love to kill and I recommend it to EVERYONE. You can't even compare it to anything that you can see nowadays.

isatis

Post by isatis » Jan 24th, '11, 22:50

Anyone's got a rec for a nice historical and/or fusion drama that ends on a hopeful if not happy note? So far I've tried Legend, Damo and Sungkyunkwan Scandal, but I'm definitely read to dig into something more realistic.

Viande

Post by Viande » Jan 24th, '11, 23:58

Neliets wrote:I'm now watching A love to kill and I recommend it to EVERYONE. You can't even compare it to anything that you can see nowadays.
Good to hear I'm not only one loving that drama. ^^
Imo, it's very underrated drama, probably because it's melodrama and not many like them.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Jan 25th, '11, 04:57

isatis wrote:Anyone's got a rec for a nice historical and/or fusion drama that ends on a hopeful if not happy note? So far I've tried Legend, Damo and Sungkyunkwan Scandal, but I'm definitely read to dig into something more realistic.
Iljimae is very good with a hopeful ending. Not that long to watch either I think something like 16 eps.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Jan 25th, '11, 05:00

Love to Kill was very good. But I cried so much I got a headache. It took a long time to watch it because it was so sad. I do remember that. It was so good but too sad especially the ending. It took about 2 weeks to get that one out of my mind.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jan 30th, '11, 09:39

Just finished A Love To Kill. I think I've seen everything from classics/must-see-dramas now..? Or anyone got something from must-see but not sad, for a change?

About A Love To Kill - the drama was super-great(epic combination) but only the first half of it. Later(I think it was around 10th episode) it got draggy and I kinda lost interest a bit. The ending was sudden but not surprising, not even a little bit.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Jan 30th, '11, 17:40

Neliets wrote:Just finished A Love To Kill. I think I've seen everything from classics/must-see-dramas now..? Or anyone got something from must-see but not sad, for a change?

About A Love To Kill - the drama was super-great(epic combination) but only the first half of it. Later(I think it was around 10th episode) it got draggy and I kinda lost interest a bit. The ending was sudden but not surprising, not even a little bit.
Marry me Mary was pretty good. Try that one :cheers:

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jan 30th, '11, 17:47

iluvasiandrama wrote:
Neliets wrote:Just finished A Love To Kill. I think I've seen everything from classics/must-see-dramas now..? Or anyone got something from must-see but not sad, for a change?

Marry me Mary was pretty good. Try that one :cheers:
OMFG! ;D I tried that one and I sincerely regret. Even though watching it was quite painful, but I finished it.

thootshe_roll

Post by thootshe_roll » Jan 30th, '11, 17:51

"TEMPTATION OF WIFE" one of the best k-drama so far :cheers: :thumleft:

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Jan 30th, '11, 23:39

• Ok there are others. Have you seen:
    Sungkyunkwan Scandal
    Smile, Dong Hae
    Fugitive: Plan B
    Please Marry Me
    A Good Day for the Wind to Blow
    King of Baking, Kim Tak Goo

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 30th, '11, 23:41

I think the first one is not for Neliets here, keke...

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Jan 31st, '11, 04:06

Well he's just picky I guess because they were all good to me but everyone different so... I would say select any random drama from wiki and read the storyline and go from there.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jan 31st, '11, 20:40

iluvasiandrama wrote:Well he's just picky I guess because they were all good to me but everyone different so... I would say select any random drama from wiki and read the storyline and go from there.
I'm not sure what she meant by that, too. Because she know's(at least I think so) that I've seen SKKS already. Or maybe she was talking about Mary Me Mary?

I'm not into the 100+ episode dramas, sorry. I've watched the rest of them, except for King of Baking but the plot seems quite boring and a little bit similar to something I've seen already.

And no, I'm not picky at all. I'm just now looking for a bright and a bit more cheerful and happier than A Love To Kill and Sorry, I Love You. But if it's really as good as those two, then bring it on.

Ethlenn, darling, maybe you got something to recommend? Something from good, old classics? I want something like My Girl or Goong and such - beginning is quite bright and happy but later it gets more serious and stuff.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 31st, '11, 20:54

Hmm, I was sure you dropped SKKS cause you didn't like it.
Anyway, you can watch Lovers, or Phoenix. And if you're into something heavier, try When The Spring Comes.
(PS. Two of these dramas are with KNG, who said I'm not biased??)

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 1st, '11, 05:00

When Spring Comes :O Well I didn't think it was so good. Not really bright and cheery just more like police drama with some light romance... at least from what I can remember. It was just okay but not good.

If you want some humor oh but well you don't like Marry me Mary so that's out the window :roll Try:
  • Soulmate
    Iljimae
    Hello Miss
    Boys Before Flowers
    Coffee Prince

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 1st, '11, 12:26

Hmm... that's all personal taste, I liked WSC because of what you wrote, keke. But I never said it's good. It's a normal drama, not outstanding. And I managed to finish Iljimae cause of one secondary character, because I can't stand Lee Junki's loudness and overacting. Boys Over Flowers was a nightmare.
Lovers had some more adult humor in it.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Feb 1st, '11, 12:34

iluvasiandrama wrote:When Spring Comes :O Well I didn't think it was so good. Not really bright and cheery just more like police drama with some light romance... at least from what I can remember. It was just okay but not good.

If you want some humor oh but well you don't like Marry me Mary so that's out the window :roll Try:
  • Soulmate
    Iljimae
    Hello Miss
    Boys Before Flowers
    Coffee Prince
I'll take Hello Miss, thanks. I've seen the rest. But Soulmate wasn't light or funny at all. It was quite good, though.

And I'll take Lovers as well.

bubbsie

Post by bubbsie » Feb 1st, '11, 14:39

iluvasiandrama wrote:When Spring Comes :O Well I didn't think it was so good. Not really bright and cheery just more like police drama with some light romance... at least from what I can remember. It was just okay but not good.

• Soulmate
    Iljimae
    Hello Miss
    Boys Before Flowers
    Coffee Prince

my friend recommended me iljame also!

im watching baking king now..i find the front part a bit slow buy my friend says it gets exciting..haha..i love boys before flowers! lee min ho!

Haruka91

Post by Haruka91 » Feb 1st, '11, 15:34

this is my 1st time watching Korean Drama
i start with Coffee Prince and you're beautiful , i really like this type of drama, really romantic comedy drama
can anyone suggest me this type of drama?

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Feb 1st, '11, 16:06

Haruka91 wrote:this is my 1st time watching Korean Drama
i start with Coffee Prince and you're beautiful , i really like this type of drama, really romantic comedy drama
Loads of them(if you think romantic comedies), here are few(my favorite) -
My Girl,
Goong,
Dal Jas Spring,
That Fool,
Take Care Of The Young Lady,
Shining Inheritance,
Full House,
Creating Destiny,
Oh! My Lady,
Personal Taste,
Invincible Lee Pyong Kang,
City Hall,
My Girlfriend is a Gumiho,
Prosecutor Princess
My lovely Sam-soon

and so on... that's all that came into my mind at the moment. I sincerely recommend you to watch first few I recommended, they are classics and they are quite good, those were my first and I still like them.

thon

Post by thon » Feb 1st, '11, 16:39

Neliets wrote:
My Girl,
Goong,
Dal Jas Spring,
That Fool,
Take Care Of The Young Lady,
Shining Inheritance,
Full House,
Creating Destiny,
Oh! My Lady,
Personal Taste,
Invincible Lee Pyong Kang,
City Hall,
My Girlfriend is a Gumiho,
Prosecutor Princess
My lovely Sam-soon

and so on... that's all that came into my mind at the moment. I sincerely recommend you to watch first few I recommended, they are classics and they are quite good, those were my first and I still like them.
3xS:
Sungkyunkwan Scandal
Smile ,you
Secret Garden

Haruka91

Post by Haruka91 » Feb 1st, '11, 17:10

ok thx to thon and Neliets, i'll check it out

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 1st, '11, 23:37

Neliets wrote:
My Girl, Very good
Goong, I didn't care for Yoon Eun Hye in this one
Dal Jas Spring, Never watched this one
That Fool, Never watched this one
Take Care Of The Young Lady, Never watched this one and won't watch it
Shining Inheritance, Very good
Full House, YAY! Loved this one
Creating Destiny, Never watched this one and prolly won't since it's 31 epi's :O
Oh! My Lady, Never watched this one, will start today
Personal Taste, Just okay
Invincible Lee Pyong Kang, Never watched this one
City Hall, Didn't like it
My Girlfriend is a Gumiho, Never watched this one
Prosecutor Princess, Never watched this one
My lovely Sam-soon, I liked it

For some reason I prefer seeing Yoon Eun Hye acting as a guy. I can't see anything she plays a girl in. I guess that's what I get for seeing Coffee Prince first :(

I don't care for Lee Seung Ki all that much but I don't mind. Look's like there are some that I haven't seen yet so I will start with Oh! My Lady today.

bubbsie

Post by bubbsie » Feb 2nd, '11, 10:57

start with Sungkyunkwan Scandal !! u willl love it!

i loved boys before flowers also.hahaha

bubbsie

Post by bubbsie » Feb 2nd, '11, 10:59

oo maybe i should start watching you're beautiful.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 2nd, '11, 16:28

You should try
Marry Me Mary -this one is newest
Boys Before Flowers - 2009, lot of epi's but good storyline
Full House - I think 2006 but really good

I like the ugly poor girl pretty rich guy dramas.

Haruka91

Post by Haruka91 » Feb 2nd, '11, 18:27

iluvasiandrama wrote:
You should try
Marry Me Mary -this one is newest
Boys Before Flowers - 2009, lot of epi's but good storyline
Full House - I think 2006 but really good

I like the ugly poor girl pretty rich guy dramas.
thx, now i'm watching Boys Before Flower >.< now at ep 8

el_canuck

Post by el_canuck » Feb 2nd, '11, 22:29

Do not watch "Marry me Mary" you have been warned. It is the worst.
My first was Coffee Prince which is still the best I have seen and I have seen many.
Coffee Prince
Secret Garden
Prosecutor Princess
Full House
That Fool
The Man Who Can't get Married
Coffee House
Last year (2010) was one of the best years for Korean Drama. There were some bad ones, but most were watchable. Harvest Villa was different, but I laughed.
If you do not believe me about Marry me Mary, go to the drama discussion and read what viewers say, most dropped it after around five episodes.

bubbsie

Post by bubbsie » Feb 3rd, '11, 05:11

my princess!!

its so funny and good!! =)

n i love the actor!

Haruka91

Post by Haruka91 » Feb 3rd, '11, 06:12

el_canuck wrote:Do not watch "Marry me Mary" you have been warned. It is the worst.
My first was Coffee Prince which is still the best I have seen and I have seen many.
Coffee Prince
Secret Garden
Prosecutor Princess
Full House
That Fool
The Man Who Can't get Married
Coffee House
Last year (2010) was one of the best years for Korean Drama. There were some bad ones, but most were watchable. Harvest Villa was different, but I laughed.
If you do not believe me about Marry me Mary, go to the drama discussion and read what viewers say, most dropped it after around five episodes.
yeah, i think i'll not watch Marry me Mary, i watched ep 1, look boring lol =.=

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 3rd, '11, 06:12

Nothing wrong with Marry me Mary. Just view the first episode and see if you like it for yourself. I was glad I didn't listen to others otherwise I would have missed a wonderful heart-warming love story, with nice songs too ;)

Haruka91

Post by Haruka91 » Feb 3rd, '11, 06:15

is Goong interesting? i like Yoon Eun Hye act, like Coffee prince
idk y, but she look cute >.<
ah 1 more, Park Shin Hye at You're beautiful oso cute when act >.<

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 3rd, '11, 06:45

Well you watch the first 4 - 6 episodes of Goong and see but I didn't care for Yoon Eun Hye in it because I liked her so much in Coffee Prince, but you might love it! I wish she would play more boyish roles she is perfect for them and I like her acting.

Some people say You're Beautiful was good, but I stopped watching it after the 4th or 5th episode I just couldn't get into it just seemed boring... took too long to make sense. BUT AGAIN, You may love it!

Haruka91

Post by Haruka91 » Feb 5th, '11, 14:55

just fnsh Boys Before Flowers >.<
but i prefer Hana Yori Dango lol, more awesome =P

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 5th, '11, 17:10

I think Neliets was the one who recommended Oh! My Lady. YAY! It's so good. I'm on the 5th epi and didn't skip any parts yet... that is always a good sign :) So far, so good!

I am trying to finish Oh! My Lady by tomorrow night so that I can start watching something else. It's so good and funny so far YAY!

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 5th, '11, 17:13

Haruka91 wrote:just fnsh Boys Before Flowers >.<
Pretty much the same story but the Kversion has all hot and cute guys and the Jversion has the pretty girl and that's it. Not too much difference in the storyline.

So what are you going to watch next? Oh! My Lady is really good.

Dwalin2011

Dramas about childhood sweethearts

Post by Dwalin2011 » Feb 5th, '11, 17:42

I am searching for a drama narrating some love story between two childhood friends. My problem is the relationship should be monogamous and with a happy ending, but I couldn’t find it in Korean dramas. Could anybody recommend me something?

Haruka91

Post by Haruka91 » Feb 5th, '11, 17:47

iluvasiandrama wrote:
Haruka91 wrote:just fnsh Boys Before Flowers >.<
Pretty much the same story but the Kversion has all hot and cute guys and the Jversion has the pretty girl and that's it. Not too much difference in the storyline.

So what are you going to watch next? Oh! My Lady is really good.
hmm idk what to watch, do u know drama emm.. something like Rich or Hot and cute guys like poor girl? rite now i reading some synopsis from the drama list that u recommend before :
iluvasiandrama wrote:
Neliets wrote:
My Girl, Very good
Goong, I didn't care for Yoon Eun Hye in this one
Dal Jas Spring, Never watched this one
That Fool, Never watched this one
Take Care Of The Young Lady, Never watched this one and won't watch it
Shining Inheritance, Very good
Full House, YAY! Loved this one
Creating Destiny, Never watched this one and prolly won't since it's 31 epi's :O
Oh! My Lady, Never watched this one, will start today
Personal Taste, Just okay
Invincible Lee Pyong Kang, Never watched this one
City Hall, Didn't like it
My Girlfriend is a Gumiho, Never watched this one
Prosecutor Princess, Never watched this one
My lovely Sam-soon, I liked it

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 5th, '11, 20:30

Ok for rich hot guy and poor girl the following are good:

1. Marry Me Mary aka Mary Stayed Out All Night
2. Full House
3. Oh! My Lady
4. Hello! Miss
5. My Girl (one of the few Kdrama that has a pretty poor girl)
6. Shining Inheritance
7. Sungkyunkwan Scandal

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Feb 5th, '11, 23:47

rich guy and poor girl? I'll add a few to iluvasiandrama list. The good ones will be in bold.

1. My Princess (now airing, but she isn't that poor later)
2. Goong(still qualifies)
3. I really really like you(I couldn't say that the male lead is good looking, though)
4. Last Scandal(not really a girl but a woman)
5. Get Karl! Oh Soo Jung
6. Invincible Lee Pyong Kang
7. Personal Taste
8. Coffee House
9. City Hall
10. Playful Kiss
11. My Sister-in-law is 19
12. My Lovely Sam-soon
13. Secret Garden

iluvasiandrama

Re: Dramas about childhood sweethearts

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 5th, '11, 23:56

Dwalin2011 wrote:I am searching for a drama narrating some love story between two childhood friends. My problem is the relationship should be monogamous and with a happy ending, but I couldn’t find it in Korean dramas. Could anybody recommend me something?
You will do better with Jdrama since they don't have too many love tirangles. Aka Ito is a good one but anyway you would have to go to the Jdrama discussions.

Haruka91

Post by Haruka91 » Feb 6th, '11, 03:54

ok thx iluvasiandrama n Neliets..
i'll check it out >.<

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Feb 6th, '11, 05:28

can anyone recommend something for me to watch.Something more recent would be good. I like mostly romantic comedy or romantic drama but nothing with a sad ending please. I am currently watching dream high, my princess, love buffet and taisetsu na koto wa subete kimi ga oshiete kureta. I am really liking these but since they are currently airing I am having to wait for new episodes :cry: I was thinking about watching secret garden or paradise ranch but did not know if either of these was any good.

gensigayo

Post by gensigayo » Feb 6th, '11, 13:56

i still can't get over with SECRET GARDEN!! having withdrawal symptoms..can anyone suggest k drama that will make me forget secret garden??:-))

yayamama

Beethoven Virus is a gem of a production!

Post by yayamama » Feb 6th, '11, 14:25

:cheers: I'm enraptured with Beethoven Virus. It's a Kdrama that is very captivating. A group of wannabees get together under less than recommendable circumstances to play in an orchestra concert and end up becoming very close friends who bicker, but really watch out for each other. They are endearing and funny. The character developement of this drama and the twists and turns to the events in each life portrayed is highly engrossing. I would recommend this to anyone, but especially to those who love classical music. As for those who don't, the dialogue and the details alone kept me hostage. I loved it. It wasn't some sappy romance that uses all the cliche tricks you usually find in Kdramas. It was original as each character added a flavor worth savoring.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Feb 6th, '11, 20:27

jubies33 wrote:can anyone recommend something for me to watch.Something more recent would be good. I like mostly romantic comedy or romantic drama but nothing with a sad ending please. I am currently watching dream high, my princess, love buffet and taisetsu na koto wa subete kimi ga oshiete kureta. I am really liking these but since they are currently airing I am having to wait for new episodes :cry: I was thinking about watching secret garden or paradise ranch but did not know if either of these was any good.
Check out those, which I wrote a little bit higher.

As for gensigayo, download The Devil, Bad Guy, A Love To Kill. Those will definitely make you forget Secret Garden but if you seek for something more light then Goong, My Girl or Prosecutor Princess or Full House.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 7th, '11, 02:21

Oh! My Lady was fantastic from start to finish. I think this is the only drama I didn't skip any parts, not one single part! I watched it all the way through and it was good. Nice ending too woo hoo! I also liked the fact that it was filmed just last year 2010 so it is newer.

ziliey

Post by ziliey » Feb 7th, '11, 04:04

Hi!!
I need recommendations for kdramas...
I have already watched and loved Secret Garden, Marry me Mary, Personal Taste, Playful kiss( though the acting of the male lead was really bad)
I just love romantic stuff and anything that goes from the line of Secret Garden..
I just loved Hyun Bin and Ha Ji Won in it!!!
Already watching Goong and my name is Kim sam Soon and My Princess!!!
PS, the funnier the better!!

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 7th, '11, 05:39

ziliey wrote:Hi!!
I need recommendations for kdramas...
I have already watched and loved Secret Garden, Marry me Mary, Personal Taste, Playful kiss( though the acting of the male lead was really bad)
I just love romantic stuff and anything that goes from the line of Secret Garden..
I just loved Hyun Bin and Ha Ji Won in it!!!
Already watching Goong and my name is Kim sam Soon and My Princess!!!
PS, the funnier the better!!
Oooo I was just wondering about Playful Kiss! I don't think I will watch it if the lead is bad. Well let me watch the 1st epi and I will know if it's to my liking within 5-10 minutes. If not good then I will give Secret Garden a go.

You might want to try Oh! My Lady. It was good and had a few funny parts well not a lot but some cute and funny scenes.

ziliey

Post by ziliey » Feb 7th, '11, 09:10

iluvasiandrama wrote:
Oooo I was just wondering about Playful Kiss! I don't think I will watch it if the lead is bad. Well let me watch the 1st epi and I will know if it's to my liking within 5-10 minutes. If not good then I will give Secret Garden a go.

You might want to try Oh! My Lady. It was good and had a few funny parts well not a lot but some cute and funny scenes.

I will try that!!! Playful kiss won't be that good but it does have some heartwarming scenes and the lead actress is very lovable...!!!
I like her in it..
At least the lead guy was better in PK than in Boys over Flowers...
:-)

gensigayo

Post by gensigayo » Feb 7th, '11, 10:03

who knows about HELLO FRANCESKA?? what do you think?

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Feb 7th, '11, 19:54

gensigayo wrote:who knows about HELLO FRANCESKA?? what do you think?
1st time hearing about it, so I wouldn't put too much hope in it. But horror comedy sounds good.