RECOMMENDED/FAVORITE KDRAMAS (ask for suggestions here)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
ziliey

Post by ziliey » Feb 22nd, '11, 16:18

I just watched the trailer!!!!
i can't wait for this movie!!!
And Gong Yoo looks hot even as a nerd!!!
He looks totally Precious!!!
*sighs*
I wish i knew Korean!!!
:-(

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 22nd, '11, 18:57

ziliey wrote:I just watched the trailer!!!!
i can't wait for this movie!!!
And Gong Yoo looks hot even as a nerd!!!
He looks totally Precious!!!
*sighs*
I wish i knew Korean!!!
:-(
I know he is so HOT! Me too, I wish I could interpret. All except 1 of my Korean friends don't care for kdrama at all. They watch jdrama and USdrama the most. They are missing out big time!

ziliey

Post by ziliey » Feb 22nd, '11, 19:08

I know!!!
He is sooooo HOT and he is soooo good at acting!!!!!!
I totally believed his role as han kyul!!!!
I love HIM!!!
:wub:

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 23rd, '11, 06:14

Finished watching Damo it was so sad at the end. :cry: I would recommend Damo as a good drama to watch it's only 14 episodes but it's really good.

I really enjoyed it but it was much sadder than I thought it would be. I need a drama that's happy to make me feel better now. :-(

Here is my updated recommended Kdrama list for those looking for dramas to watch:

Romance Comedy
1. Marry Me Marry - Nice OST and great acting and characters, funny and sweet moments. I love Moon Geun Young's acting. She is so cool. PLUS Jang Geun Suk!:w00t:
2. Boys Before Flowers - Great drama with lots of intensity, rivalry, and sweet moments. It did get draggy and the end was questionable but those were minor issues.
3. Sungkyunkwan Scandal - I really liked this drama because of all the tension around her disguise. Reminded me of Coffee Prince, in that way.
4. Coffee Prince - I really liked this drama it was good from start to finish. Loved the acting and all characters. Nice kissing/love scene and lots of tension. :wub: Never boring or draggy.
5. Full House - I liked the romantic tension between the two lead characters. Humorous and sweet moments.
6. Oh! My Lady - Very good and entertaining. Nice kiss scene and some rivalry.
7. My Princess - Entertaining and funny. Something to watch if you are bored and want to see some decent romance comedy. Don't pay attention to the storyline or else you might turn it off.
8. My Love Patzzi - This romance comedy was very good as the unlikely fiesty girl attracts the popular handsome guy after saving his life. It's a cute drama.
9. My Name Is Kim Sam Soon - This was good and I liked how the lead actress got her "rebound" at the end.

Melodrama
1. A Love To Kill - Captivating characters with awesome OST, lots of steamy romance, heartbreak, rivalry, tension and sad storyline. I would highly recommend this drama.
2. World's Within - This was a good drama that didn't get good ratings due to BBF airing simultaneously.
3. Sorry, I love you - I did not like it at all but would still recommend that you watch at least the first episode because you just might like it.

Historical drama

1. Iljimae - Superb! No other word to describe it. You have to watch it to understand why but be prepared for heartbreak and to cry a river. You will remember the scenes and OST for a long time too.
2. Damo - Awesome female lead and other characters. Nice fighting action scenes with great visual effects. Some romance and definitely rivalry/tension but I wish there was more of it but is was only 14 episodes so.
3. Kingdom of the Winds - Song Il Guk. Need I say more :D
4. Ja Myung Go - This was very good sad and heartbreaking storyline. Excellent acting and visual effects, nice fighting action scenes between the 2 of the lead female characters. Nice love scene between the crown prince and Ja Myung Go.
5. Chuno - I didn't like it but would recommend this if you like little to no romance aspect to a historical drama. I thought the rivalry was too weak for 24 episodes but you just might enjoy it.

@ziliey - Baby and I was a good movie! I haven't laughed that hard in a while. Great recommendation! :cheers:

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Feb 26th, '11, 20:46

I've come conclusion that there are no such thing as a very good romance/comedy drama. None of them leaves the feeling...

ziliey

Post by ziliey » Feb 26th, '11, 22:16

iluvasiandrama wrote:
@ziliey - Baby and I was a good movie! I haven't laughed that hard in a while. Great recommendation! :cheers:
I'm glad you enjoyed it luvey!!!!!
:D
I love how he goes from door to door begging for breast milk!!!
Craps me up everytime!!!
:w00t:

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 26th, '11, 23:01

I'm actually planning to watch it again after SG, just for the laughs :lol

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Feb 27th, '11, 22:20

Ok, I finished Hello! Miss and Que Sera Sera, but I need something stronger. More mindf*ck. Something as strong as A Love To Kill, The Devil, Sorry, I love you etc. I had written down a few which you all suggested, but now, while re-checking the synopsis, I came to conclusion, that they aren't what I'm looking for. But!!@#!2 I remember that about 2 years ago, when I started watching Kdramas, many people were talking about Resurrection. Recommending it and saying that it's quite dramatical and stuff, so I will keep that in mind. Then I remembered Winter Sonata. But I couldn't find a place, where to download it, only watch it online, but, sadly, my PC is not that good to watch online.

These were those few that I had written down - Thank You, All About Eve, Magic, Man who can't get married. To be honest, after reading synopsis, the only drama that was close and would turn out quite dramatic is Man who can't get married. Any ideas?

And what dramas are(or soon will air) airing? Decent ones. Athena finished... My Princess finished... Dream high last episode... Anything?

To be honest, I kinda regret watching A Love To Kill. Even though it was brilliant, and not even that it made a bit more interested in more serious dramas, but I regret it because I can't watch it for the first time anymore. Can't get that feeling. I hope you got the point.

It seems that ending of my Kdrama career is coming closer... I have seen most of the addictive dramas. New dramas don't have the feeling in them. They are good, interesting and stuff but not like the ones that were made in 2004-2007(of course, not all of them).

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Feb 28th, '11, 00:10

Neliets wrote:Ok, I finished Hello! Miss and Que Sera Sera, but I need something stronger. More mindf*ck. Something as strong as A Love To Kill, The Devil, Sorry, I love you etc. I had written down a few which you all suggested, but now, while re-checking the synopsis, I came to conclusion, that they aren't what I'm looking for. But!!@#!2 I remember that about 2 years ago, when I started watching Kdramas, many people were talking about Resurrection. Recommending it and saying that it's quite dramatical and stuff, so I will keep that in mind. Then I remembered Winter Sonata. But I couldn't find a place, where to download it, only watch it online, but, sadly, my PC is not that good to watch online.

These were those few that I had written down - Thank You, All About Eve, Magic, Man who can't get married. To be honest, after reading synopsis, the only drama that was close and would turn out quite dramatic is Man who can't get married. Any ideas?

And what dramas are(or soon will air) airing? Decent ones. Athena finished... My Princess finished... Dream high last episode... Anything?

To be honest, I kinda regret watching A Love To Kill. Even though it was brilliant, and not even that it made a bit more interested in more serious dramas, but I regret it because I can't watch it for the first time anymore. Can't get that feeling. I hope you got the point.

It seems that ending of my Kdrama career is coming closer... I have seen most of the addictive dramas. New dramas don't have the feeling in them. They are good, interesting and stuff but not like the ones that were made in 2004-2007(of course, not all of them).
I saw the Man Who Can't Get Married when it aired on loval tv 2 years ago and it was just "okay". I remember getting annoyed by it. I don't think it's going to satisfy you because it doesn't have any twists and turns and certainly not a "seat hanger".
I have heard that these are good and have them on my list: Stairway to Heaven, Heaven's tree, Which star are you from?, Temptation of Wolf, Sad Love Story, and (Koizora - jmovie)

You don't like historical/period dramas so I can't really recommend any of those to you. Maybe someone can else can recommend some really good ones. Also, try doing a Google search for saddest Korean dramas or tear-jerker Korean drama or movie. I am getting ready to watch Millionaire's First Love and i heard that it was a twist and turn, shock and awe, tear-jerker, I don't cry easily so we shall see.

UPDATE: I watched Millionaire's First Love and it wasn't a tear-jerker for me and didn't have the twist and turns as I thought. I think I will head over to Jdrama & TWdrama for a while until the next HOT kdrama surfaces.:salut:
Last edited by iluvasiandrama on Feb 28th, '11, 02:59, edited 1 time in total.

asprikitik

Post by asprikitik » Feb 28th, '11, 00:32

Neliets wrote:Ok, I finished Hello! Miss and Que Sera Sera, but I need something stronger. More mindf*ck. Something as strong as A Love To Kill, The Devil, Sorry, I love you etc. I had written down a few which you all suggested, but now, while re-checking the synopsis, I came to conclusion, that they aren't what I'm looking for. But!!@#!2 I remember that about 2 years ago, when I started watching Kdramas, many people were talking about Resurrection. Recommending it and saying that it's quite dramatical and stuff, so I will keep that in mind. Then I remembered Winter Sonata. But I couldn't find a place, where to download it, only watch it online, but, sadly, my PC is not that good to watch online.

Have you seen What Happened In Bali? It *might* be somewhat of what your looking for.. or even Bittersweet Life

animeworld

"Poor-to-Rich" Drama?

Post by animeworld » Feb 28th, '11, 08:31

Hello, can someone suggest me drama with themes "Poor-to-Rich"?

I have watched:

Super Rookie
Invincible Parachute Agent
Oh! Pil Seung And Bong Soon Young

I don't mind Jdrama either, thanks! :)

arcady

Post by arcady » Feb 28th, '11, 11:46

i have watched many korean drama, and my favorite are: the man who can't married, prosecutor princess,bad love, oh my lady,bad guy,you're beautiful,dal ja's spring,bad couple,shining inheritance,snow in august,spring waltz,personal taste,bad family,sweet 18,marry me mary,the vineyard man,que sera,sera,hong jil dong,beethoven virus,fantasy couple,full house.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Mar 2nd, '11, 21:04

I has watched only 2 episodes of Resurrection but I love it. From what I've seen, it's quite similar to The Devil(no in actions, plot and stuff, but mostly feeling). I think I've love it. And the both female actresses(I don't know who of them is the lead actress) are very cute and pretty. They did well. :D Everyone who liked The Devil could like Resurrection, too. Not only because it's the same lead male actor, but it gives a similar vibe.

iluvasiandrama

Re: "Poor-to-Rich" Drama?

Post by iluvasiandrama » Mar 3rd, '11, 04:27

animeworld wrote:Hello, can someone suggest me drama with themes "Poor-to-Rich"?

I have watched:

Super Rookie
Invincible Parachute Agent
Oh! Pil Seung And Bong Soon Young

I don't mind Jdrama either, thanks! :)

Boys Before Flowers (Korean)
Romantic Princess (Taiwanese)
Shining Inheritance (Brilliant Legacy) Korean
Love w/Corners (Taiwanese)

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 3rd, '11, 09:41

This is Kdrama recommendation thread, to just remind everyone. Each Asian section has its own.

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Mar 3rd, '11, 09:46

3t3rnity

Looking for dramas like You're My Pet

Post by 3t3rnity » Mar 6th, '11, 20:32

Are there any similar dramas like You're my pet / Kimi wa pet around? By that I mean romantic dramas, where the main characters are involved in more of a platonic sort of love (at least in the beginning),with lots of teasing, cuddling etc...

If there is a difference in years, that's even better :)

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Mar 6th, '11, 21:34

Teasing, cuddling etc? I think that there are quite of lot of those.

You mean that they love each other in the beginning already?

Playful Kiss is something with a lot of teasing, cuddling and stuff, but it's something that I'd recommend only to an enemy.

Maybe Sweet 18 or Delightful girl Choon-Hyang - I think it was something similar but I don't remember those 2 at all. Sweet 18 was something about a clan... old guy... 18 year old girl who wanted to marry the guy. Am I right? Delightfull something was just some random drama with a father-in-law who was very good with swords. ;D

Ohohohohooh - remembered one - The Vineyard Man. It was something quite similar.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Mar 6th, '11, 21:53

That Fool might just be my favorite kdrama. It's the most original one out of the rom-coms I've seen, with a really good cast, and for people with a brain who are not teenagers.

It's got the fluffy light feeling and cuteness of rom-com dramas without the stupidity, shallowness or unneeded and misplaced or completely irrational and excessive crying.
It's meaningful, optimistic, eases your soul and relaxes your mind without being superficial or simplistic. It's also about properly matured love and not just passionate romance.

Also, it's less predictable than most rom-com kdramas. Sometimes, I rolled my eyes and thought "Oh, I know what will happen. That's what always happens", but it surprised me.

I can't judge how good it is, since that's a personal thing, but if we're talking originality, this one takes the cake. It's original while still being totally lovey-dovey rom-com kdrama.

If you need more convincing, it stars Hwang Jung Friggin' Min. The only series he's ever done. And it would take such good material to get such an exceptional actor to do it.
Which makes me think of how many good series we could have if only they stopped copy/pasting the damn stories and lost the soap-opera-for-teens-and-ahjummas mindset.
Honestly, is romance only for people with holes in their brains? Why can't they make a mature romantic series that isn't a tragedy, boring or lacking in fluffyness? Or originality?

If they made better quality things in the romance and drama genre, more good actors would sign up and that would raise the level of these series in general. It would have to.
If the plots keep being this shallow and repetitive and we keep casting talentless people who never seem to be over 25 or in anyway not gorgeous, no serious actors will join.

Speaking of "gorgeous", the sigh of relief to see a handsome, but normal-looking MAN with charisma and skills instead of another Mr. Perfect with the charm of the crappiest IKEA chair...
Honestly, give me a Hwang Jung Min or a Kim Myung Min ANYDAY. Handsome and charismatic men and actors who do the best job one can do with any role that is given to them.
Same with women. All those cutesy-wootsy, plastic, selca-crazy dolls who seem to think yelling and crying and being fragile and pure Asian women is all that it takes. For the love of...

South Korea has good solid stories to tell. It also has very talented people and very talented actors. They should try to give series the quality movies have. For the Hallyu, damn it.
Last edited by Orion1986 on Mar 6th, '11, 22:22, edited 1 time in total.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 6th, '11, 22:20

Frustration I sense from you, my young padawan...
:mrgreen:

But agree I have to with your words on this.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Mar 6th, '11, 22:23

Very right to think I am frustrated, you are. :P

When I sometimes see these examples of what kdrama rom-coms could be, but aren't, it's frustrating. As if it's so hard to do good works, when talented people are present.

Plus, I am trying to find a way to get that Haunters DVD and needed to b*tch about something after a long day of calculating money and trying to figure the whole process out.

Ahahahaha!

12bucklemyshoe

Post by 12bucklemyshoe » Mar 6th, '11, 22:57

That Fool appears to be a copy of Star no Koi. Has anyone seen both?

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Mar 7th, '11, 04:29

I should watch it and compare. I'd be surprised if the Japanese did better on the emotional level than the Korean series.
From the little I've seen, the Japanese seem to tilt towards one type of mood more. Either light and fluffy or very serious.

I like That Fool because it's funny and light without neglecting the characters, emotions and story for the sake of laughs. Or vice versa.
Can't compare to the Japanese yet and the story itself isn't new (they hardly ever are anymore), but within kdrama, this is very refreshing.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Mar 7th, '11, 06:40

Yep, when I watched it, I thought that That Fool is a very good drama, too. Because of all of those reasons you mentioned before.

I totally agree about the Mr. Perfect issue. I liked Que Sera Sera, partly because the lead girl wasn't pretty.

Damn.. I feel like watching That Fool again.

I came to a similar conclusion with rom. coms. - they don't leave any feeling. That's why I'm now watching only so called tear-jerkers, but, sadly, I'm not the crying type, I've never even cried because of a drama. But I like the feeling that they deliver.

Jdramas - few were good, but not good enough. ;D

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Mar 8th, '11, 23:21

ORION! YOU ARE MAKING ME WANT TO WATCH THAT FOOL AGAIN! :lol Really that was....is a good drama. The first thing that caught my eye about it was the lead man in the drama. Sorry forgot the name :-( but he was your average type of guy. NOT your fashionista.... last girlfriend broke your heart..... rich type of guy. THANK YOU FOR THAT!

My lastest show that Im going to watch this weekend, if i can, is Harvest Villa. Lets see how that one goes. Can anyone tell me if Capital Scandal and Conspiracy In The Court was any good or atleast watchable?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 9th, '11, 00:18

Esmer, and you are making me want to watch Pasta again.

Capital Scandal was nice, Conspiracy in The Court too. Well, if you like period clothes and dramas, keke^^

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Mar 9th, '11, 01:20

^^Ohhhh....me to Ethlenn...me too....

My parents just watched Coffee Prince and loved it. It was their first Korean drama ever. My dad always hates dramas because he is always yelling at the tv saying, "Why couldnt the girl just do this....or If I was him I would be doing...."kinda things. He was more into CP than my mom which is a MAJOR ROMANTIC buff. So I told them to watch Pasta, so there goes my second time but you know what, No complaints from me :D

I'll give those two a try. :-)

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Mar 9th, '11, 02:00

Pasta was nice. Ehehe. Capital Scandal, well, loved it. Just loved it. It's romance, but it does negotiate the Korean resistance against the Japanese so it's not fluff.
It's not really melo either. It's quite light and fun most of the time, but we do have intense police/resistance/others moments and even some deaths. But it's awesome.

As for That Fool, his name is Hwang Jung Min and he rocks big time! Your dad should watch this one. He should be pleased since the characters are not idiots like usually.

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Mar 9th, '11, 05:11

esmer66 what movie/drama is that video from?

just finished dream high(totally in love) and my princess(picked back up again and really love it now) currently watching queen of reversals(really great drama)

blaze4510

Post by blaze4510 » Mar 9th, '11, 06:36

I've currently watching Athena : Goddess fo War ( nice drama and lots of action scene ) and this My Princess ( LIke this movie coz KTH is the lead actress ^_^ ) nice one ..must see this two drama.

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Mar 9th, '11, 12:17

@jubies33: If you are talking about my avitar than its from a Korean drama called Pasta. I'm pretty sure its from 2010 and a good drama! :D

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Mar 9th, '11, 21:03

Pasta was nice, but I got a bit bored with the rest of the cast/characters. A bit too much emphasis on all their work and stories, for me. I didn't care about anyone but the main ones.

We finished That Fool for the third consecutive time. Onto the fourth! Ahaha. It's just too beautiful of a series. Can't get enough of it. And Goo Dong Baek is indeed the perfect man.

WinnythePanda

Post by WinnythePanda » Mar 11th, '11, 00:24

I'm baccccck! haha. Just finished watching HIGH KICK THROUGH THE ROOF ! Cute drama, honestly, but horrrrible ending..

I need a new drama! Any advice?

I want like a mega mega romantic series, and a male lead I can drool over. ;)

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Mar 11th, '11, 02:15

@WinnythePanda - Oh there is plenty! You can start with Marry Me Mary :lol and Oh! My Lady.

12bucklemyshoe

Post by 12bucklemyshoe » Mar 11th, '11, 20:35

Oh my lady is not a mega romantic series - more like barely romantic.

Orion, Star No Koi is just alright. I started to watch That Fool but it seemed so familiar so I think I'll probably just skip the set up (which is most likely the same) and watch the execution. Maybe I'll start in ep 3 or so.

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Mar 11th, '11, 20:52

I think it would be necessary to define what you mean by "mega". You might just be better off looking through drama wiki and looking at drama ratings if you are looking for dramas that have high ratings. Or do a search in Google for highest rated Korean dramas in 2010 or whatever. If you are looking for lots and lots of romance you will find it in the movies. :-)

Korean movies, and other Asian movies as well, have more romance than what you will see in dramas. The term "mega" romance often depends on individual's personal preference. Scroll back a few pages to see some recommended dramas and synopsis or just wait for other people to give opinions to help you I guess. Cheers! :salut:
Last edited by iluvasiandrama on Mar 12th, '11, 05:04, edited 1 time in total.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Mar 11th, '11, 21:19

Finished Resurrection. What's next? I think I have to take a little break from dramas. Or watch a jdrama for a change.

WinnythePanda

Post by WinnythePanda » Mar 12th, '11, 02:35

iluvasiandrama wrote:@WinnythePanda - Oh there is plenty! You can start with Marry Me Mary :lol and Oh! My Lady.
Thanks, but I've already watched both. :P
I've watched a TON, any other recommendations?

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Mar 12th, '11, 04:54

I just finished watching queen of reversals. I have a new favorite. Such a good drama. I don't know what to watch next. Anyone watching Midas? The Duo? New Tales of Gisaeng. I'm not really big into period dramas but if its good I will watch it.

Not really sure what you mean by mega romance since all romantic korean dramas are mega romantic to me(at least compared to U.S. television) but the ones I have watched and liked were secret garden, dream high, my princess(got bored in middle but better towards end), sunkyunkwan scandal, city hall, my name is kim sam soon,sweet 18, goong, soulmate, the woman who still wants to marry, stars falling from the sky, who are you?, que sera sera, coffee house, coffee prince, you're beautiful, what's up fox? prosecutor princess and of course queen of reversals.

bibie_sms

Post by bibie_sms » Mar 13th, '11, 08:25

Hi.
i just finished watching The Accidental Couple/ That Fool and He who Cant married. Can someone reccomend me what other Korean Drama i should watch? i really like romantic comedy stories just like He who cant married, my girl, Coffee prince, my name is kim sam soon...

right now i'm trying to watch Couple or trouble and Dalja's spring..

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 13th, '11, 08:41

@: jubies33: watch New Tales of Gisaeng, I'm enamoured with that series and if you liked QoR, you probably like this one too^^ But it's a long journey.

@bibie_sms: read what jubies33 wrote or just click one or two pages back.

bibie_sms

Post by bibie_sms » Mar 13th, '11, 09:31

ethleen,
thanks. .
i try to watch pasta right now.. dalja's spring and Couple or trouble seems like not interesting to mebut i will try it later.. actually i want to watch city hall but the todou.com is not working for this 3 days..

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Mar 13th, '11, 18:46

ethienn thanks for the recommendation. You have never steared me wrong so I will give it a try.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 13th, '11, 19:27

Well, I may be wrong from time to time :mrgreen: so don't trust my taste that much :whistling:
You may also like Family's Honor, or Life is Beautiful, if you haven't watched that yet^^ Oh well, I became a fan of long dramas.

And I'm ready for 49 Days!!

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Mar 14th, '11, 20:23

ditto 49 days. I also have become a fan of long dramas since I watched smile,you and reversal of fortune. Why is it that 16 episodes can seem so dang long and 40+ plus episodes sometimes make me really sad because I want more.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 14th, '11, 20:38

Twinkle Twinkle is also good^^ :wub:
And you are right, some 16 eps dramas are so draggy, but right now 16 eps of Gisaeng... passed and I didn't even feel it. I think it's because of the abundance of time and nice pacing so that long dramas can keep us glued to the screen.
Well, I dropped Flames of Ambitions and Gloria though... somehow...

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 14th, '11, 20:49

Gloria was just great and perfect till ep 25. It was one of those dramas that I watched and enjoyed every minute of it. Not sure what happened after that ep but it went downhill afterward. Stopped by ep32 and glanced through next ep each week but could not watch the whole thing because it was getting worse by ep.
Flame of ambition was dropped by ep3.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Mar 14th, '11, 22:13

jubies33 wrote:ditto 49 days. I also have become a fan of long dramas since I watched smile,you and reversal of fortune. Why is it that 16 episodes can seem so dang long and 40+ plus episodes sometimes make me really sad because I want more.
I had exactly the same feeling when I was watching American dramas(tv-series). I used to watch dramas with many, many seasons(like Friends, Scrubs and so on). I had that feeling most of the time. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

But now, after 2 years, even the thought about watching a drama that has more than 25 episodes... makes me... tired.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 14th, '11, 22:17

I could never pass over 1st season in any US drama. I was bored to death and was losing an interest after it. Long Korean dramas on the other hand...

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Mar 14th, '11, 22:22

Ethlenn wrote:I could never pass over 1st season in any US drama. I was bored to death and was losing an interest after it. Long Korean dramas on the other hand...
It's good that we agree on that kdrama Lovers is worth watching. :mrgreen:

I'm still thinking about the soju I had today... I love it. Sadly I don't have any anymore and probably won't have for next few years. :mrgreen: I'll just have to go with good old vodka.

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Mar 15th, '11, 02:13

vodka oh vodka wherefore art though....sigh i miss having a drink and getting sloshed now and again when hubbys willing to take care of the kids. I haven't had a drink in 2 years since i was pregnant and now still nursing my 12 month old who shows no signs of wanting to stop. I would like to try soju sometime when I can drink again. what is it like?

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Mar 15th, '11, 02:15

sorry got off topic. honestly I am so tired lately i don't know what I am even typing. I came on to say i am loving new tales of gisaeng. I was hooked like 30 seconds into it hehe. going to watch more now.

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Mar 18th, '11, 16:31

I'm looking to start watching some Korean Dramas any suggestions?

My passion in Asia was and always will be Japan but I think I've watched all the older shows with subtitles that I'm interested in so I need something else to watch while I wait for new episodes.

some of my favorite Jdramas are

Aoi Tori
Daisuki
Love Shuffle
Long Vacation
Bokura no Yuuki
Home Drama
Code Blue
Summer Snow

if that helps you make recommendations.
thanks

for genres I tend to like romance, melodrama and feel good stories with a bit of police and medical, but really those are just the genres I think the Japanese excel at as I am new to Korean dramas I'm open to anything
Last edited by Sajen16 on Mar 20th, '11, 00:51, edited 1 time in total.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 18th, '11, 17:03

Hmm.. apart from Summer Snow those titles mean nothing to me. So no, in my case, titles don't help. Being more specific about the genre would be more useful for everyone.

Issy

Post by Issy » Mar 18th, '11, 17:30

Sajen16 wrote:I'm looking to start watching some Korean Dramas any suggestions?

My passion in Asia was and always will be Japan but I think I've watched all the older shows with subtitles that I'm interested in so I need something else to watch while I wait for new episodes.

some of my favorite Jdramas are

Aoi Tori
Daisuki
Love Shuffle
Long Vacation
Bokura no Yuuki
Home Drama
Code Blue
Summer Snow

if that helps you make recommendations.
thanks
from your Jdrama list, i sense that you are more into melodramas or Romance genre. maybe a bit of medical? (or just love of Yamapi made you watch it :P ). you get plenty of good recommendations in this thread so i leave it for the experts.
:mrgreen:

sweetbaby_millenium

Korean period dramas

Post by sweetbaby_millenium » Mar 22nd, '11, 01:45

Hi, everyone !

I'm looking for Korean period dramas, which genres are comedy, romance, and there may be some action as well. Something similar to Hong Gil Dong maybe.

Thanks in advance !!

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Mar 22nd, '11, 06:12

I tried this a few days ago but I didn't have much luck because I didn't give enough information so I'll try again.

I am looking for Kdramas to watch while I wait for new episodes of Jdramas.

genres I like are

Romance, Melodrama, Police, medical dramas where young, beautiful, talented actresses have leading roles, Slice of Life, and weird, but really I'm open to anything you think someone knew to Kdramas should watch.

I'm watching Coffee Prince which I like although 10 episodes in I'm starting to sense some dragging, I like Yoon Eun Hye, Gong Yoo, and Chae Jung Ahn but I'm really really impressed with Lee Sun Gyun.

I'm also watching and liking Iris

BOGCHI

Post by BOGCHI » Mar 22nd, '11, 07:16

Sajen16 wrote:I tried this a few days ago but I didn't have much luck because I didn't give enough information so I'll try again.

I am looking for Kdramas to watch while I wait for new episodes of Jdramas.

genres I like are

Romance, Melodrama, Police, medical dramas where young, beautiful, talented actresses have leading roles, Slice of Life, and weird, but really I'm open to anything you think someone knew to Kdramas should watch.

I'm watching Coffee Prince which I like although 10 episodes in I'm starting to sense some dragging, I like Yoon Eun Hye, Gong Yoo, and Chae Jung Ahn but I'm really really impressed with Lee Sun Gyun.

I'm also watching and liking Iris
since you tried Coffee Prince... try Secret Garden
-talented actress, romcom with a bit of melodrama,fantasy with a hint of action. I think it's a good drama to start with since it's very current. a lot of people loved it so give it a try :-)

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 22nd, '11, 08:18

If you like Lee Sun Gyun, you should watch Pasta. Oh, you should.
sweetbaby_millenium wrote:Hi, everyone !

I'm looking for Korean period dramas, which genres are comedy, romance, and there may be some action as well. Something similar to Hong Gil Dong maybe.

Thanks in advance !!
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_90642.htm
Ask here.

jubies33

Post by jubies33 » Mar 22nd, '11, 19:50

sajen16 I would also recommend secret garden it was really good. Some other dramas I would recommend would be sunkyunkwan scandal, the woman who still wants to marry, soulmate, coffee house,que sera sera, what's up fox?, city hall, prosecutor princess, dal ja's spring and queen of reversals. If you don't mind a longer drama smile, you was good. Baker King Kim Tak Gu is pretty decent for a melodrama although most melodramas I find to be pretty formulatic and not very original but I actually enjoyed this one. I even sympathized with the villains a bit in a love/hate sort of way. I have not seen new heart or obstetrics and gynecology doctors but those might be okay medical dramas. White tower is supposed to be superb but I don't think it has any romance. If you want something a little darker the devil is really excellent. It has just a smidge of romance.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Mar 22nd, '11, 23:37

You know... I was watching Sign few days ago, and, probably because of the lead actress, wanted to watch That Fool again. And you know? I laughed and I was sucked in it just like the first time. I don't know what makes it so special but I got so sucked in, I watched it in 3 days. Today, I watched like 10 episodes. I truly recommend it to everyone. As someone already commented a while ago, it may not really be the classic drama for kids, it has more mature vibe. But it is funny all the way through.

It makes me wonder... what makes a drama to be "the best"? How addicted it makes you when you watch? Or how many times you can watch it before you get sick of it? What kind of feeling it leaves you? I think That Fool is a brilliant drama but I still feel that few other dramas are better. I think that I base my favorite list on the feeling they leave me with. I have mostly sad dramas on my list, like A Love To Kill, Bad Guy, My Girl, Goong, The Devil, Sorry, I Love You, Resurrection and others... I have watched so many that I can't even make a top 5. They all are a bit different, one leaves a happy feeling, for instance My Girlfriend Is A Gumiho, and is very exciting and everything, but the other, like A Love To Kill, gives me a sad and strong(can't explain) feeling. Which one is better? I think it's just a personal preference. I'm more for the sad dramas, though. That's what I've observed.

Ahh, it's 1:34 AM here, I should go to sleep. I'm glad that I watched That Fool again.

P.s - was I the only one who really liked Goo Dung Baek's little sister? She was very cute ;D

riki_kun

Post by riki_kun » Mar 23rd, '11, 18:38

WinnythePanda wrote:
iluvasiandrama wrote:@WinnythePanda - Oh there is plenty! You can start with Marry Me Mary :lol and Oh! My Lady.
Thanks, but I've already watched both. :P
I've watched a TON, any other recommendations?
Then you should list the ones you watched so we won't waste our time suggesting you more dramas.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Mar 23rd, '11, 19:36

Neliets wrote: P.s - was I the only one who really liked Goo Dung Baek's little sister? She was very cute ;D
I hated her guts in a Romance of their Own, but then again, I hated everyone in there and the whole movie. Same as DoReMi. My God, those were awful.

But I absolutely LOVE Min Ji! The actress did a really good job. She's just as she's supposed to be. Hysteric little sister who thinks she has to be in charge.
The only one I didn't like in this series was the actor for Kang Mo. He's so bad in this. Than again, it helps cause you don't give a crap about the character.

But yeah, again, I definitely recommend it. Why does it have to be "shallow-good ending" and "deeper-tragic ending"? Make a happy series with meaning!
That Fool is exactly that. Not just cuteness for teens and not sobbing and death and twisted melodrama. It combines the good things of both. Love it to bits.

And also, it's our 5th, or so, time in a row watching the series and we still find it awesome and hilarious, so you're not alone in that aspect. Ehehe. :D

sweetbaby_millenium

Recommendation on Korean period dramas

Post by sweetbaby_millenium » Mar 24th, '11, 18:16

Hi everyone, how are you? Sorry to bother you all, but I'm looking for Korean period dramas which genres are comedy, romance, and maybe action.

Thanks in advance !!!

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Mar 24th, '11, 18:44

Ethlenn wrote:If you like Lee Sun Gyun, you should watch Pasta. Oh, you should.
For me, even 3 hot guys and delicious looking pasta couldn't save that drama.

Tho, I did love angry Lee Sun Gyun. The way he yelled made my legs turn into jelly, haha!

asprikitik

Re: Recommendation on Korean period dramas

Post by asprikitik » Mar 25th, '11, 01:35

sweetbaby_millenium wrote:Hi everyone, how are you? Sorry to bother you all, but I'm looking for Korean period dramas which genres are comedy, romance, and maybe action.

Thanks in advance !!!
have you seen Hong Gil Dong?

janajee

Post by janajee » Mar 25th, '11, 12:55

I'm semi-back.

I thought I was going to go through another long-term hiatus on my asian drama watching thing, but I stopped myself in time. I don't want to be out of the scene for too long again.

So, any new romantic comedy series you can offer up to me?

Please? Pretty please?

I missed D-ADDICTS SO VERY MUCHOS!

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Mar 25th, '11, 22:21

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some new dramas. The genre I'm interested in, is a mix between romance, comedy and fantasy. The dramas, which fit this genre are: My GF is a gumiho, Secret Garden, Who are you? and 49 days. Well comedy is not a must have, but its nice. It can contain a little bit action.
Can somebody help me?

asprikitik

Post by asprikitik » Mar 26th, '11, 01:13

Silverman wrote:Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some new dramas. The genre I'm interested in, is a mix between romance, comedy and fantasy. The dramas, which fit this genre are: My GF is a gumiho, Secret Garden, Who are you? and 49 days. Well comedy is not a must have, but its nice. It can contain a little bit action.
Can somebody help me?
uhm.. you pretty much named all the new kdramas that fits your genre especially since you're looking for fantasy. I can recommend you some J-doramas that fit what you're looking for if you want.

janajee wrote: I'm semi-back.

I thought I was going to go through another long-term hiatus on my asian drama watching thing, but I stopped myself in time. I don't want to be out of the scene for too long again.

So, any new romantic comedy series you can offer up to me?

Please? Pretty please?
I've been repeating myself, but I'm gonna say it again... Secret Garden :D

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Mar 26th, '11, 08:14

asprikitik wrote:

Can somebody help me?
uhm.. you pretty much named all the new kdramas that fits your genre especially since you're looking for fantasy. I can recommend you some J-doramas that fit what you're looking for if you want.

It doesn't need to be a Kdrama. Which Jdramas(or TW) are good and/or fit the discription?

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Mar 26th, '11, 17:11

I'm in a need of addictive kdrama. Got any? It can be sad, it can be funny, as long as it's good.

mudav

KDramas where male lead goes nuts cause of love for the girl

Post by mudav » Mar 26th, '11, 22:18

I wonder if you can recommend any dramas where male lead is IN LOVE with female lead but due to some circumstances he tries to fight his love or can't show it or can't be with her and it's driving him nuts, he starts behaving crazily, has nerves breakdowns etc.
I really wanna watch a drama where male lead can't help falling for the female lead and is going nuts because he hates it but still can't help loving her or because she is someone he shouldn't love~^*^
Something like:
What Happened in Bali
Que Sera Sera
One Fine Day
How To Meet A Perfect Neighbor
My Lucky Star (this one isn't kdrama but with korean actress Yoo Ha Na)

Suddenly wanna watch something not bubbly-rom-com like and not something everyone-is-crying-everyone-is-dying-ANGST like but something with high level of love emotions, self-inner-fighting, going crazy because of not being able to stop loving someone you don't want to love, someone who isn't suitable for you~~~ I wanna see the male lead who is a strong character but he becomes torn apart because of his love kekeke~

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 26th, '11, 22:42

Family's Honor.

asprikitik

Post by asprikitik » Mar 27th, '11, 04:44

Silverman wrote:
asprikitik wrote:

Can somebody help me?

It doesn't need to be a Kdrama. Which Jdramas(or TW) are good and/or fit the discription?
Jdoramas I can think of:
Proposal Daisakusen - guy goes back in time to fix his mistakes (or something like that) It's an 07 drama though.
Himitsu

TWdramas:
Gloomy Salad Days

if you ask around at Jdorama and TWdrama recommendation they might be able to give you more, but those are the ones that I've seen and liked (err kinda liked..)

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Mar 27th, '11, 05:36

I just finished That Fool and loved it, I think in large part because Goo Dong Baek reminded me of myself 12 or 13 years ago before high school jaded me to the world.
I was wondering if there are any other dramas like it with a sweet sweet man who meets a woman who frankly is kind of a **** but eventually they fall in love?