RECOMMENDED/FAVORITE KDRAMAS (ask for suggestions here)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
Gyopo

Post by Gyopo » Sep 8th, '05, 08:39

I don't know if anyone mentioned this drama because I didn't bother reading all 25 pages of this thread but...모래시게. I don't know why I should explain, its just good. Also, check 미안하다, 사랑하다 (Sad, so very sad =/).

ans

Tops

Post by ans » Sep 9th, '05, 21:11

I would have to say for now:

MNIKSS

All About Eve - Still one of the best despite I still haven't seen the whole drama with Eng subs

Delightful Girl

Snow White (Taste Sweet Love)

Sweet 18

I can watch these over and over.

Currently hooked on:

The Wedding
Secret Lovers

Trying out Super Rookie

jinx23

Post by jinx23 » Sep 10th, '05, 01:17

"I'm Sorry I love you" is definitely my favourite now. I am so glad I took everyone's advice and downloaded it. For anyone who hasn't watched this and likes sad yet heartwarming dramas, THIS IS A MUST WATCH!!! And also if you are a fan of SO JI SUB- his performance is unforgettable!

owl10

Post by owl10 » Sep 10th, '05, 05:09

I think Autumn Tale is the best Korean drama I have watched so far...this is also the first Korean drama that I have watched...The artists in this drama is also the best good looking like Won Bin...Oh...he is simply too handsome to resist...

waffer

Post by waffer » Sep 11th, '05, 21:01

I loved My Name is Kim Sam Soon and Full House, I highly recommend both of them. They make you laugh and you can't help but fall in love with the characters.

I'm also currently taking recommendations for any series similar to those two I just recommended (I'm currently watching Attic Cat and Sangdoo, Let's go to School) if you know of a funny series plz send me a PM :)

NaTsUmE_MaYa

Post by NaTsUmE_MaYa » Sep 12th, '05, 12:28

waffer wrote:I loved My Name is Kim Sam Soon and Full House, I highly recommend both of them. They make you laugh and you can't help but fall in love with the characters.

:D Yeah... I LOVE both full house and my name is Kim Sam soon too...they are great both in story-wise AND casting-wise... :wub: :wub: :wub:

Any recommendation for dramas that have the same kind of storyline as full house and my name is Kim Sam soon?? I will greatly appreciate them.... :-)

ReesesSweetie

Post by ReesesSweetie » Sep 13th, '05, 06:23

NaTsUmE_MaYa wrote:
waffer wrote:I loved My Name is Kim Sam Soon and Full House, I highly recommend both of them. They make you laugh and you can't help but fall in love with the characters.

:D Yeah... I LOVE both full house and my name is Kim Sam soon too...they are great both in story-wise AND casting-wise... :wub: :wub: :wub:

Any recommendation for dramas that have the same kind of storyline as full house and my name is Kim Sam soon?? I will greatly appreciate them.... :-)

i recommend watching SWEET 18 and DELIGHTFUL GIRL CHOON HYANG if you enjoyed FULL HOUSE AND MNIKSS

but i also have to list my favorite kdramas
LOVE STORY IN HARVARD
LETS GO TO SCHOOL SANG DOO
1% OF ANYTHING
ALL ABOUT EVE
STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN

basta_noh

Post by basta_noh » Sep 13th, '05, 16:33

MUST WATCH

1, Full House - this is my favorite kdrama ever :wub:
2.Swee 18 - hjh &ldg is so cute :P
3.Bright Girl
4.My Sassy Girl
5. Attic Cat

basta_noh

Post by basta_noh » Sep 13th, '05, 17:09

MUST WATCH

1, Full House - this is my favorite kdrama ever :wub:
2.Swee 18 - hjh &ldg is so cute :P
3.Bright Girl
4.My Sassy Girl
5. Attic Cat

smellyphant37

Post by smellyphant37 » Sep 13th, '05, 19:46

Does anyone of you recommend these titles:

Love Story in Harvard
Say You Love Me
Snowman
Beautiful Life
My Home
School 2

It's all Kim Rae Won series, thanks! :wub:

NiikuraKaoru

Post by NiikuraKaoru » Sep 13th, '05, 21:29

kim sam soon was soooooooo funny, best romantic drama ive seen! great cast, funny characters. sam soon is so weird! lol. wasnt boring to watch and it was very addicting :) hyun bin and daniel henney or w.e ._. very good lookin guys. good thing is, even if they werent hot the drama would still b great! unlike full house :/ i bet u guys only liked it because of Bi. he's cute... but the drama was an OK one.

so far i LOVED....
- My Name Is Kim Sam Soon :w00t: :wub:
- Stairway to Heaven :cry:
- Sad Love Story / Sad Sonata :cry:
- Lovers in Paris :wub: :w00t:
- Winter Sonata :cry:

what i watched that was OK:
- Full House... expected more cuz everyone said it was good, it was ok i guess, not that great, not that bad

didnt like or finish...
- autumn love (dont really remember the name cuz it was that bad...) -.- melodrama yes.... but bad acting/storyline =/ it was just unwatchable.... i watched the last episode and was like "thank god i didnt waste my time" :glare:
- glass shoe... not a really bad drama, but that girl was overly psychotic and totally unbelievable... she wasnt even evil, just plain old crazy. :| and i dont like characters that are always like "oh thats ok" or they are too optamistic even though everything is goin downhill... its ok to get mad, jesus :x y do u always have to b happy when its obvious ur not >:[ gRr
- Model wow i bet u guys havent even heard of this one =/ it stars two of the main characters from All About Eve ... Ddong something =/.... and even the guy from MISA (minor role) n e ways this drama was just about the lives of models and it showed how competitive their job are, life, romance, blahblah. horrible ending... =[ dont watch (if u can even get a hold of it)

:] i like funny dramas or like melodramas haha. either very sad or very funny ones always catch my eye. if u have n e to recommend please tell me :] i heard sweet 18 and my sassy girl were funny .-. maybe ill actually watch my sassy girl since i dled it but never actually sat down to watch...

oh yea .-. i still need to watch MISA. heard that one was excellent

noura

anyone had watched Wish upon a star..??

Post by noura » Sep 14th, '05, 00:08

My name is Sam Soon Kim is my most favourit K-Dramas!!
I also loved Lover in Paris..I don't know why too many didn't like it..Is it the ending??
Full house is a funny one..

I'm downloading Sorry I love you 'couse so many had recommened it..
[b] I want to know if any had watched Wish upon a Star ? Is it any good??[/b]

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Sep 14th, '05, 05:19

I'm in the middle of full house right now. it's really cute. I needed something lighthearted after just finishing sorry, i love you.

So my reccomendation is watch sorry i love you, and then watch full house.

koreainlife

Post by koreainlife » Sep 14th, '05, 19:15

T would like those ones
Winter Sonata
All About Eve

Punkguy

Post by Punkguy » Sep 15th, '05, 07:46

i just finsihed my first kr drama, full house
loved it

wondering which i should watch next... cuz there's just so much

i dont want a whole list.. just a few of ur top ones...
so far i have:
- I'm sorry, I love u
- All Aout Eve
-Sweet 18

Any more?
I aslo want a list of Jp dramas, too lazy and dont want to double post,
can ne1 gimme SMALL list of jp drama to watch? ty

Also could you seperate the Jp and Kr list. Thzx!

sislol

Post by sislol » Sep 15th, '05, 08:19

Let me recommend some Korean drama. (Actually, I’m Korean)

Damo (다모) – My favorite drama. I love it.

Resurrection (부활) – Great framework and scenario

Shooting star (별을 쏘다) – Jo in sung, Jeon do yon, Love story of an elder lady and younger guy. (It is really cute drama.)

What Happened in Bali (발리에서 생긴 일) – So ji sub, Jo in sung, Ha ji won

Sorry, I love you (미안하다 사랑한다) – So ji sub, Lim su jung

The Immortal Lee Soon Shin (불멸의 이순신) – The real story of the most famous Korean general, lee soon shin, who defended Korea from Japan 400 yrs ago.

Trap of the springtime of life (or Adolescent Trap) (청춘의 덫) – Revengeful story of a woman who has been discarded by her lover. You will get impressed on acting ability of the actress (Shim eun-ha).

Here is a good clubbox address.

http://clubbox.co.kr/drama4you
or
http://clubbox.co.kr/lollol101

If you have clubbox id and visit those clubbox above, you should click the button “박스가입” that is on the right side of orange bar to download drama. (this is for registration) Then find the title by using “Ctrl+f”.
Click the checkbox.
Then click the dark blue button for faster download(퀵다운로드), but you need to pay some money or mileage(if you download some drama, you got the mileage).
If you don’t want to pay money or have any mileage, just click light blue button(다운로드).
Next, you can see the new window, and click the way of download. (blue button-faster download, next white button-normal download). Then this window will disappear. If it does not disappear, press “F5” and click “cancel”.
If you use normal download, it takes a lot of time.
Here is a Tip. I usually start to download 2-3 episodes just before I go to sleep, and downloading is done next morning. 

Enjoy it!!

Punkguy

Post by Punkguy » Sep 15th, '05, 11:10

Thx but i am not korean, dunno how clubbox work =.=
lol
thx

pdn6420

Post by pdn6420 » Sep 15th, '05, 11:22

Hi, the drama4you clubbox is great lots of dramas but mostly in Korean. Can some one help point out which directories are for the listed dramas? Thanks.

yohanesko

Post by yohanesko » Sep 15th, '05, 22:10

- Full House
- Autumn Tale in My Heart
- All In

BIg big fan of SHK :wub: :wub: :wub: :mrgreen:

NaTsUmE_MaYa

Post by NaTsUmE_MaYa » Sep 16th, '05, 00:59

ReesesSweetie wrote:i recommend watching SWEET 18 and DELIGHTFUL GIRL CHOON HYANG if you enjoyed FULL HOUSE AND MNIKSS

but i also have to list my favorite kdramas
LOVE STORY IN HARVARD
LETS GO TO SCHOOL SANG DOO
1% OF ANYTHING
ALL ABOUT EVE
STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN
thank you so much for the dramas recommendation, ReesesSweetie...i'll try sweet 18 since it sounds like a comedy romantic kinda drama... :D

Punkguy

Post by Punkguy » Sep 16th, '05, 07:04

can some1 teach me how to use clubbox, or be nice enough to pm me the links for:
Sweet 18
Sorry, I love you

Thank You so mUCH

edit: links on clubbox, not torrents ty
* i dunno how to read korean * T_T

hide

Post by hide » Sep 17th, '05, 08:45

Emperor of the Sea - if you like business wise movies and more into the "cool" stream of shows
Winter Sonata - if you are a loveholic and enjoy romantic shows, probably a good pick
Full House - happy happy joy joy! kind of kinky stuff
Dae Jang Guem - if you like long life shows
etc.................

ml_heart

Post by ml_heart » Sep 17th, '05, 12:31

I've watched:
Winter Sonata
Autumn Tale
4 sisters
Stairway to Heaven
Summer Scent

currently watching Full House and I love it!!! :wub:
It's become my favorite! I highly recommend it over all the ones I've seen.

but I still want to see All about eve...heard it was pretty good too!

Last_Son

Post by Last_Son » Sep 17th, '05, 21:21

"I'm Sorry I Love You" and "All-In" are my 2 all time favorites.

clementine

Post by clementine » Sep 19th, '05, 03:21

Definitely Stairway to Heaven for me! :P

azila

Post by azila » Sep 19th, '05, 04:24

my top 5 favourite..

1) i'm sorry i love u --> touching..really made me cry.. :cry: u will realize how superb so ji sub was.
2) full house --> romantic comedy..u'll love Bi :wub: n the ost was marvelleous
3) sweet 18 --> what a sweet couple...
4) sad sonata --> i like both main actors (ksw n yjh) and i don't really like the actress
5) winter sonata -->the 1st korean drama i watched a few years back n i still love it.

clementine

Showing Next Jan 2006 - RONDO

Post by clementine » Sep 19th, '05, 14:50

okie, I am definitely planning to watch - RONDO. I'm sure many of you may have already heard... A Japanese-Korean collaboration - Choi Ji Woo and Yutaka Takenouchi to star as lovers. Plus the actor who acted as Tae Hwa Brother will also be acting in the series!!!

Another Stairway to Heaven???? :w00t:

babai

Re: Showing Next Jan 2006 - RONDO

Post by babai » Sep 19th, '05, 14:54

clementine wrote:okie, I am definitely planning to watch - RONDO. I'm sure many of you may have already heard... A Japanese-Korean collaboration - Choi Ji Woo and Yutaka Takenouchi to star as lovers. Plus the actor who acted as Tae Hwa Brother will also be acting in the series!!!

Another Stairway to Heaven???? :w00t:
Can't wait to see this too... even though I don't know what the story's about yet. :D I'm liking the cast so far. Yutaka's hot.

coolwater

favorite drama

Post by coolwater » Sep 22nd, '05, 03:03

number one is definitely winter sonata... a must see for everyone..

summer scent is not as bad as people says.... the soundtrack is wonderful and so ye jin is beautiful in this drama...

Full house is not that great..the plot is stupid and the only reason to watch it is for song-hye hyo.

All-In i thougt was pretty good... i like it quite a bit.

Stairway to Heaven is too dramatic...and too much crying..you will like it though if you're into that kind of drama...

bwena87

Re: favorite drama

Post by bwena87 » Sep 22nd, '05, 03:14

coolwater wrote: Full house is not that great..the plot is stupid and the only reason to watch it is for song-hye hyo.
tsk... FULL HOUSE IS THE BEST!!! :D

lilac2785

Post by lilac2785 » Sep 22nd, '05, 03:17

Full House was the first kdrama I watched, and I enjoyed it a lot. Had it not been my first, I think I would still have enjoyed it, but I would have recognized the various cliches. But I would still definitely recommend it, especially to people who haven't become jaded with dramas yet.

sleepee_ant

Post by sleepee_ant » Sep 22nd, '05, 23:58

hehe only watched 1 korean drama so far.. and that was My name is kim sam soon.. which i loved very much.. very funny.. and i just love the story.. Probably the main reason i like it because of Jeong Ryeo-won. Whenever she was onscreen she made me happy and smile all the time.. :wub:

tumbles

Re: favorite drama

Post by tumbles » Sep 23rd, '05, 01:44

coolwater wrote:summer scent is not as bad as people says.... the soundtrack is wonderful and so ye jin is beautiful in this drama...

Full house is not that great..the plot is stupid and the only reason to watch it is for song-hye hyo.

All-In i thougt was pretty good... i like it quite a bit.

Stairway to Heaven is too dramatic...and too much crying..you will like it though if you're into that kind of drama...
:lol You're brave for being so blunt.

I totally agree with your assessments, glad I'm not the only one who thinks BOTH Full House and Stairway To Heaven are overrated. They're entertaining, but formulaic.

I also belong to the minority group that enjoyed Summer Scent. Maybe because I've seen more inferior renditions of the central storyline - like Hollywood's Return To Me and Bollywood's Dil Ne Jise Apna Kaha. The cinematography, soundtrack, and SYJ make this drama worthwhile.

TNF
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by TNF » Sep 23rd, '05, 01:48

I loved summer scent too (that was before I discovered d-addicts). The scenery and the soundtrack made it wonderful. The part where ssh and the girl who died played piano in the rain was so touching...the whole concept of rain was touching. I have to say syj cried too much in the end..but the ending was satisfying as well. It met the theme of the beating heart, which I found very romantic (although many people thought this theme was stupid, it's actually a very unique concept). The beating heart matched the music too which was good.

But I loved stairway to heaven and full house a lot too. If i were to rate them it would be

1. stairway to heaven
2. full house
3. summer scent

Annae

Post by Annae » Sep 23rd, '05, 07:16

THIS IS MY PIC

DELIGHTFUL GIRL- cute and funny
SUMMER SCENT - something different
SWEET 18- funny
LOVERS IN PARIS- i loved it.. cute, funny, romantic.. all of the above...
SORRY I LOVE YOU- sad but good... love SJS

OK:

Beautiful Days
MY NAME IS KIM SAM SOON- funny
LOVING YOU -
WINTER SONATA-

DISLAIKES:

LOVE LETTER- drag on too long
ALL ABOUT EVE- no...saw first ep .. and stop
AUTUMN TALE- umm i guess fair.. but kinda sick storyline....
FULL HOUSE- nope.don't know why everyone seems to like it.. i think its because Bi in it but i.. didn't feel any chemisty between them two!!
My Love Patzzi- uhhh
Bright Girl's Story - ulkkkjl
Stairway to Heaven - too sad

WATCHED BUT NEVER FINISH OR GOING TO:

Dae Jang Geum - seen couple eps...
WONDERFUL LIFE- seen only til ep 5
SAVE THE LAST DANCE- stop at ep 14
18to29- seen up to ep 9
1% OF ANYTHING-seen to ep 5
Damo
Sad Sonata
Love Story in Harvard-
Thousand Years of Love- started watching it..but then it got boring

NO INTEREST AT ALL:

ALL IN
Let's go to school, Sang-doo
Attic Cat
Prince's First Love
Last edited by Annae on Sep 23rd, '05, 18:11, edited 1 time in total.

IceThy

Post by IceThy » Sep 23rd, '05, 11:49

These 3 series are a MUSt watch

MISA

Damo!!!!

Fullhouse

aja2fighting

Post by aja2fighting » Sep 24th, '05, 01:30

i've watched lots of kdramas..well,diff ppl diff tastes like?but i've to say these are my favs..

my name is kim sam soon - i kinda "frustrated" wif the ending though both of them still together..but i really..really..really enjoyed n had fun while watching it..it made me laugh to the max..hahaha...hope they'll be samsoon 2, or at least samsoon the movie..hyun bin is really2 HOT!haha..wondering how much sun ah gained her weight in this drama..:p

full house - good to see the other side of SHG..coz we always see her full of tears in her acting..hehe..

stairway to heaven - huhuh..cried a lot..i like the storyline..maybe lil bit slow..but i juz like it..

looking forward for MISA..heard lots of good reviews of it..

king1207

Kim Jung Hwa "Spy Girl"

Post by king1207 » Sep 25th, '05, 07:49

Hey I loveeeeee that girl Kim Jung Hwa from the korean movie "Spy Girl" , I was wondering if any of you know which korean dramas she's in (that's available here at D-Addicts) or know about all of the movies that she made. I would like to know this in order for me to download and watch them, she's such a good actor and is helllllla pretty. :wub: Thanks guys...

honey_bear

Post by honey_bear » Sep 25th, '05, 16:01

i have watched quite a few korean dramas .. !!!
but den here r my few "die die mux watch " ones .. !

stairway to heaven

full house

sorry i love you

save the last dance .

eerorikki

Re: Kim Jung Hwa "Spy Girl"

Post by eerorikki » Sep 26th, '05, 05:28

king1207 wrote:Hey I loveeeeee that girl Kim Jung Hwa from the korean movie "Spy Girl" , I was wondering if any of you know which korean dramas she's in (that's available here at D-Addicts) or know about all of the movies that she made. I would like to know this in order for me to download and watch them, she's such a good actor and is helllllla pretty. :wub: Thanks guys...
She's in 1% of Anything

king1207

More specific

Post by king1207 » Sep 26th, '05, 06:18

Can u be more specific? Cause to me you're saying she's in every korean drama :blink ?? uhhhh :unsure: waaa? :lol , I'm currently downloading "Snow White" and she's the main character, i want something like that, where she's the main character.

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Re: More specific

Post by jaycee05 » Sep 26th, '05, 06:46

king1207 wrote:Can u be more specific? Cause to me you're saying she's in every korean drama :blink ?? uhhhh :unsure: waaa? :lol
:lol :lol "1% of anything" is the title of the kdrama she's in :P

evilhomura89

Post by evilhomura89 » Sep 26th, '05, 07:24

Is there any k-drama with good BT seeds - can dload faster??
I assume it is nice.

Oi Mei

Post by Oi Mei » Sep 26th, '05, 19:32

MUST SEE:
Save the last dance for me
Full House
My name is KSS

STAY AWAY:
Attic cat
Lovers in Paris
Stairway to heaven (OMG that girl was annoying and GIVE ME A BREAK amnesia, blindess and cancer all in one series??? )

kenshikenji

Post by kenshikenji » Oct 2nd, '05, 00:36

New guy here:

I first saw stairway to heaven, but never finished it. It was great but I didnt the rest of the episodes downloaded. Ive since bought a set and plan on finishing it.

But my absolute favorite is Sad Love Story aka Sad Sonata, Ive given it to my sister, brother, and cousin and they all cried their eyeballs out. My sister cried so much she called in sick to work two straight days.

cheerio_888

Post by cheerio_888 » Oct 5th, '05, 09:55

Before, the only KDramas I like were:
1. Autumn Tale
2. Love Letter
3. Sweet 18
4. Full House

But now, I'm liking Sassy Girl Chun Hyang. :D

Fadz

Post by Fadz » Oct 6th, '05, 11:32

Hello people. I need recommendations.

I've watched
- Full house
- Sang-Doo
- Attic Cat
- Autumn in my heart
- Summer scent
- Stairway to heaven
- Successful story of a bright girl
- My love pattzi

Downloading
- Ireland
- What happened in Bali

I have but haven't watched
- Romance
- All about Eve

I've just finished watching Sam-Soon, which is superb! Good storyline, strong character development, and what a chemistry! Two thumbs up. Full House is also seriously good, and luckily I've downloaded it a month before they aired it on TV8, which they translated to Mandarin (which BTW, sucked! - no offence). I watched Pattzi twice. I'ts funny.

Heavy dramas I've watched are imho good, with dragging storyline and all (TELL HER YOU LOVE HER ALREADY!!!), but Autumn in my heart...INCEST! disturbing, that. Ending's weak anyway. Stairway to heaven is a good tragedy.

Attic Cat is good and funny (I like the OST), but man is there anyone alive who'd stand being used again and again? It's irritating!

So far the dramas I've watched are based on recommendations from the threads here and from those I borrowed from my friend's mom!

I'd prefer to watch present-day romantic comedy. So, any recommendations?

silverstarach

Is Green Rose worth watching??

Post by silverstarach » Oct 8th, '05, 02:21

Hi everyone.. I came across this advertisement drama-Green Rose.. The sypnosis doesn't give much away.. :unsure:
So i was wondering to those who have watched the drama, what is your comment? Would you recommend the movie? What's your rating for the movie out of 10?
Last edited by silverstarach on Oct 8th, '05, 04:12, edited 1 time in total.

cococrust
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by cococrust » Oct 8th, '05, 02:31

Sure. It's worth it. Its one of the best dramas that was aired this year. Goo Soo and Lee Dae Hee really had breakthrough performances in this drama.

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MoerkJ » Oct 8th, '05, 02:41

what can you expect...
It's a mystery drama... and so is the synopsis. :lol

get it and watch it if you can.

vietchic

Post by vietchic » Oct 8th, '05, 02:51

Hey cool! I downloaded the movie about a month ago and still haven't had the time to watch it. I would love to hear what others have to say about it!! It may even motivate me to start watching the movie

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Oct 8th, '05, 03:11

vietchic wrote:Hey cool! I downloaded the movie about a month ago and still haven't had the time to watch it. I would love to hear what others have to say about it!! It may even motivate me to start watching the movie
at first i wasn't sure when i started watching it... but then i found myself hooked and wanted to see where they would go with the series since it [how can i say this without spoiling it] starts out :O , middle is like :cry: , end is :w00t:

silverstarach

Post by silverstarach » Oct 8th, '05, 04:07

Thanks for the comment.. Really appreciate it.. :salut:

Kamui, like your interpretation...
:D

vietchic

Post by vietchic » Oct 8th, '05, 16:27

Kamui6 wrote:
vietchic wrote:Hey cool! I downloaded the movie about a month ago and still haven't had the time to watch it. I would love to hear what others have to say about it!! It may even motivate me to start watching the movie
at first i wasn't sure when i started watching it... but then i found myself hooked and wanted to see where they would go with the series since it [how can i say this without spoiling it] starts out :O , middle is like :cry: , end is :w00t:
lol...thanks...I think I'll give it a try and see :lol I'm curious about your interpretation of the movie :D

georgeyklee
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by georgeyklee » Oct 8th, '05, 18:05

well, i would say its really worth watching.

the first 1 - 9 epsiode are just talking or making of the story line. (u might even fall asleep)

but from 10 - 22. thats what makes it worth watching.

i enjoy it.. great story line.

babai

Post by babai » Oct 8th, '05, 18:21

Yeah, it's a great drama. Don't expect a love story though; that part was minor. The title's misleading.

cynthia_ngoc

Post by cynthia_ngoc » Oct 8th, '05, 18:26

Yeah, the series is definitely worth watching. If you like All About Eve, then you'd like this.

mangosteen
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by mangosteen » Oct 8th, '05, 19:32

You should give it a try. I love the series <3

mms

Post by mms » Oct 8th, '05, 21:24

Fadz wrote: I've just finished watching Sam-Soon, which is superb! Good storyline, strong character development, and what a chemistry! Two thumbs up. Full House is also seriously good, and luckily I've downloaded it a month before they aired it on TV8, which they translated to Mandarin (which BTW, sucked! - no offence). I watched Pattzi twice. I'ts funny.

Heavy dramas I've watched are imho good, with dragging storyline and all (TELL HER YOU LOVE HER ALREADY!!!), but Autumn in my heart...INCEST! disturbing, that. Ending's weak anyway. Stairway to heaven is a good tragedy.

Attic Cat is good and funny (I like the OST), but man is there anyone alive who'd stand being used again and again? It's irritating!

So far the dramas I've watched are based on recommendations from the threads here and from those I borrowed from my friend's mom!

I'd prefer to watch present-day romantic comedy. So, any recommendations?
if u like pattzi because of jang nara, then mayb u should try her new drama Wedding. it's already available here at d-additcs. still in progress though. it's a present day romantic comedy n of course, jang nara is as cute as ever. jang jang...

silverstarach

Post by silverstarach » Oct 9th, '05, 03:05

If you want to watch some light hearted kdrama, i would recommend you Full House, absolutely hilarious.. Or probably you may want to try out My love Patzzi, for sure you will have a good laugh.. :lol

Or if you prefer soapy ones, autumn in heart, hotelier and stairway to heaven are my old time favourites...
:wub:

monkhoous

Post by monkhoous » Oct 9th, '05, 05:08

Everyone must must see

Sad SONATA

GREEN ROSE!!!!!!!!!!!

thienly

Post by thienly » Oct 9th, '05, 06:38

I love the series to death...one of the best in 2005

aoki99

Post by aoki99 » Oct 9th, '05, 06:50

definitely watch it!

ourt of ten i'd certainly give 8!!

you will not be dissapointed! :D

kwon
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by kwon » Oct 9th, '05, 06:59

I think it was one of the best series I've seen this year, so you should certainly give it a try!

Jules

Post by Jules » Oct 9th, '05, 07:28

it was good but didnt like the ending

FishyMan

hello, what SERIES is worth watching?

Post by FishyMan » Oct 9th, '05, 08:33

i've been out the scene for a LONG WHILE. i wanted to dl a COMPLETE series w/ ENGLISH subs on a drama series that's worthwhile.

any ideas and suggestion? i went to the torrent section but im not sure what series has COMPLETE torrents and what not.

thanks.

Fadz

Post by Fadz » Oct 9th, '05, 13:34

FishyMan Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:33 pm Post subject: hello, what SERIES is worth watching?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i've been out the scene for a LONG WHILE. i wanted to dl a COMPLETE series w/ ENGLISH subs on a drama series that's worthwhile.

any ideas and suggestion? i went to the torrent section but im not sure what series has COMPLETE torrents and what not.

thanks.
You should try my name is kim sam-soon. I was so out of the scene for 4 months myself. Out of boredom I downloaded the drama and hey, I'm downloading other kdramas now as well. It's a seriously good show. I'm going through it a second time while waiting for ireland to finish downloading.

MMS: thanks for the suggestion. I was looking at it yesterday...contemplating on whether to download it now or wait it out. You know how agitated people get waiting...

cetok

Post by cetok » Oct 9th, '05, 17:09

i'm still contemplating whether to watch or not.
first ep makes me wanna sleep alittle

djbuan

The best as i have watched and liked..

Post by djbuan » Oct 10th, '05, 05:18

:wub: Autumn Tale
:wub: Full House
:wub: 1% percent of something (unfinished, downloaded all but the subs of the last 3 eps is not yet out)
:wub: Sweet 18
:wub: Oh! Feel Young (dunno the korean title though)
:wub: My Sassy Girl, Chun Yang
:wub: Taste of Love is Sweet aka Snow White
:wub: Bright Girl
:wub: What happened in Bali (i only liked it bcoz of Ha ji won, though i dont expect a tragic ending which made me hate 8,,)
:wub: My Love Patzzi
:wub: Snow White (Taste Love Sweet)
:wub: Loving you (Theres this wicked girl with a very angelic face)

:wub: In summary, id love watching Ha Ji Won, Kim Jung Hwa, Song Hye Kyo series.. can any1 recommend other kdrama that has the above mentioned stars??
Last edited by djbuan on Oct 19th, '05, 23:34, edited 1 time in total.

arnoldyim

Post by arnoldyim » Oct 12th, '05, 20:18

Full House
Delightful Girl, Chun Yang
Oh! Pil Seung
My Love Patzzi
1% of Something
My lovely Samsoon

Oldies:
Star in my Heart
Propose
MoLehShiGae(Sandglass)

albertoavena

Post by albertoavena » Oct 12th, '05, 23:20

What would you recommend for someone you hasn't seen any Korean Dramas? I haven't seen any and want to get into it. I've only seen Japanese Dramas. Should I just pick one at random?

arnoldyim

Post by arnoldyim » Oct 13th, '05, 00:27

albertoavena wrote:What would you recommend for someone you hasn't seen any Korean Dramas? I haven't seen any and want to get into it. I've only seen Japanese Dramas. Should I just pick one at random?
Hmm, if you haven't seen any kdrama, I'll recommend some current ones.

If you like comedic dramas with a little bit of romance, like Densha Otaku(Train Man), I recommend My Lovely Samsoon and Full House. My Love Patzzi is okay also, but it is a little more dated than the previous two. 1% of Anything/Something is okay too. Some people like Attic Cat, but I found it to be boring.

If you like comedic business dramas with a bit of romance, I reccomend Oh! Pil Seung. By business, I mean sort of like Antique and My little Chef, where the background is running a business. Oh! Pil Seung has a supermarket/corporation background instead of a restaurant background.

If you like comedic dramas with alot of romance and backstabbing from ex-lovers and such, I reccomend Delightful Girl, Chun Yang. It is really funny, but there is a lot of romance and crying involved also. In addition to the mandatory jilted lover seeking to break up the happy couple ;-)

If you like sappy dramas, I can't reccomend any :-) I like my dramas to have some comedy, rather than revenge and cancer and car accidents. However, people seemed to like Love Story in Harvard. On the plus side, the professor in that drama was in the original Batman series :-) I think he was the Joker. . .

If you like historical setting dramas, Dae Jang Geum is pretty good. I only saw 1 episode so far, but people seem to love it.

Still waiting for a Kdrama that is as funny as Antique, but without the romance. Most Kdramas have romance involved.

Anyways, tell us what you decide to watch and let us know if you liked it :-)

Sassy Man

Post by Sassy Man » Oct 13th, '05, 00:59

arnoldyim wrote:
If you like sappy dramas, I can't reccomend any :-) I like my dramas to have some comedy, rather than revenge and cancer and car accidents. However, people seemed to like Love Story in Harvard. On the plus side, the professor in that drama was in the original Batman series :-) I think he was the Joker. . .
Arnie,

Harvard, imo, was hopeless. barely saw about 7/8 eps then canned it.

but on another note, are you serious? couldn't have been joker. joker was much taller. was it the Riddler? his neme is Frank Gorshin - my favourite rogue. the riddler was in a k-drama????? he died recently.

may have to reopen the can.

also, yeh,
MoReh si-gae (sand glass/hour glass or whatever) was a classic. i understand there's only been 2 miniseries that's been shown twice on korean tv, due to unprecedented popularity, and that was Autumn Tale and Moreshigae. It's an oldie, and defininitely pre -all this 'K-wave' stuff, but a good 'un.

Some other,

Wang Cho
Kookie

these are also some oldies and pre wave.

arnoldyim

Post by arnoldyim » Oct 13th, '05, 01:56

Ah, yea, he was the Riddler. I always get the Riddler and Joker mixed up. The guy playing the professor died recently, so it must be that guy.

daalig

Post by daalig » Oct 14th, '05, 09:01

I just started watching K-Dramas this past fortnight, and wanted some help on what to watch. I've watched Delightful Girl Choon-hyang and absolutely loved it, and I'm now in the middle of Full House and waiting to get the rest of it. I really enjoyed that, though just a little less than Delightful Girl. (I think I'll like Full House more in the end, it kinda sucks you in really well, and after 6 episodes, the ending isn't so obvious like Delightful Girl)

The first K-Drama I tried was Autumn Tale, I never did finish it because of the dramatic turn, but I must say out of all the dramas I watched, it had the best introduction, the first 2 episodes. I gave Sweet 18 a try but it was too much of a romantic comedy for me and couldn't get past the 1st episode.

So, by what I've watched so far, I like slow romantic series that's light on the comedic side and doesn't get too dramatic. (even the last 4 episodes of Choon-hyang was a bit too much, though I got through it easily because of the great earlier episodes). Any help on recommending me some series? I've ready through the thread, but I couldn't decipher what I'd like that well.