RECOMMENDED/FAVORITE KDRAMAS (ask for suggestions here)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Jul 6th, '07, 15:46

gummonster wrote:Do you guys think that SAVE THE LAST DANCE FOR ME is a good kdrama. is it a must watch drama?
It looks like a really good one, but i want to know you guys opinion
Well it depends on what you like, but I can tell you now that STLD is a really, really typical k-drama and sticks to the most basic formula that we know of. Amnesia, love triangles, rich guy, poor country girl and I think one of the smaller roles had a terminal illness. But if you like all that then you'll love STLD!

The only reason I thought it was OK was because of the lovely Kim Eugene. or else there was no way I would've made it through 20 long episodes.

gummonster

Post by gummonster » Jul 6th, '07, 18:24

oh, very typical. ok
i heard that it's has a very sad ending. but the cast is very good looking and eugene. i think i should give it a try
thanks

playeret

Post by playeret » Jul 13th, '07, 13:04

I want to watch a drama, preferable a recent one
please can someone let me know if any of these are good

Crazy For You
Snow Flower / Snowflakes
Cloud Stairway
Korea Secret Agent
Thank You (So far this seems to a winner)
90 Days, Time For Love
Blue Fish
Hwang Jin Yi
Mr Goodbye
101st Proposal
Goodbye Solo

thank you in advance

haezi

Dramas about love that are a step up from typical trendy...

Post by haezi » Jul 14th, '07, 15:45

Thank you--the main actors are all great and I LOVE the little girl (Korea's Shirley Temple) and grandpa. Plus, anything by this writer (I'm Sorry, I Love You; Love to Kill; Sangdoo, Let's Go to School) usually is memorable in a heart-wrenching way.

I Came In Search of a Flower--again, features great actors. Check out Javabean's summaries if you don't have the patience to watch the whole drama, though it's definitely one of the better made dramas, especially the last few episodes. Features some black humor and focuses on the relationships among an unsuspecting lot of people. At first look, you can't really like these people but you grow to love them as they learn to love each other!!! To bad the ratings were so low.

Coffee Prince--okay, this is a bit trendy but the acting is great and the BGM gives this whole drama a feel-good classy ambience. Love the whole girl-pretending-to-be-a-boy plot, although there have been quite a few of those lately (Taiwanese and Japanese version of Hana Kimi).

Unstoppable Highkick--hilarious light comedy sitcom, especially the middle episodes (towards the end, it seems like the writers were divided between their new project and this one so there weren't as many laughs, but by this time, I was hooked). So sad it's over because it feels like I said goodbye to family. What will I do without my daily dose of highkick!!!

Hwang Jini/Jiny--Ha Jiwon's charisma is WOW and the costumes and BGM are beautiful. You truly see her transformation from incorrigible kid, petulant teen, to sophisticated and disillusioned kisaeng. Extremely polished drama.

Dalja's Spring--Chaerim plays a hilarious 30-something year old with the heart of a teenager. If you like Bridget Jones' Diary then you will love this!!! I wasn't too sure about the male lead but he's cute enough and the developments between the characters are pretty refreshing even when they follow the formulaic triangle affairs. Gotta love the supporting characters as well.

Goodbye Solo--great actors, great dialogue, focusing on the angst that comes with being alienated in this modern world. Very hip and a bit slow but, again, the developments between the unlikely characters is really refreshing and touching.

Alone in Love--again, great actors, great dialogue. Focuses on older couples. Very sophisticated, funny, and based on a Japanese novel so may be a good segue for those of you who are j dorama addicts but haven't gotten into k dramas

War of Money--at least the first half of the series was awesome because of Park Shin Yang's acting and the plot focusing on his antics as a money lender rather than on triangle affairs. So no, it isn't necessarily about love between people (although it does have that, too), but his love-hate relationship with money's power is a central theme of the story.

My Name is Kim Samsoon--another great Bridget Jones-like drama. 'Nuff said since everyone seems to agree that this is awesome.

Ruler of Your Own World (same writer of Sunflower)--an awesome drama from a few years back. Give this a chance past the first episode. You will not regret. If you like this one, then you should check you Yang Dong gun's newer work, Dr. Kkang.

bjharm

Post by bjharm » Jul 17th, '07, 09:30

For me I normally go by the lead lady, I know terrible way to judge a drama but if the lead ladys cute I can forgive a lot.
So anything with Jang Nara : Successful Story of a Bright Girl
My Love Patzzi
[My Bratty Princess ' chinese drama']

:
Han Chae Young : Exhibition of Fireworks
Only You
Delightful girl Choon Hyang
Fireworks
Then the one that I remember and would watch again, sometimes I do not even know why! But on the main comdey/drama. If I wanted to be sad all I have to do it live in the real world and not watch Tv shows.:-)
My Girl [if you have to watch only one start with this one]
My Name is Kim Samsoon [very watchable and funny]
Attic cat
Witch amusement
Sweet 18
My Sister-in-Law is 19 [same actress as attic cat Jung Da-bin, what was tragic that she took her own life]

jinsunah

love dramas

Post by jinsunah » Jul 18th, '07, 21:12

i love these dramas.

can anyone help me download hotelier and seoul scandal/ capital scandal?

irenelc

Post by irenelc » Jul 22nd, '07, 01:49

orange_range88 wrote:I'm new here...
Is The Devil is worth buying it?Or Snow Queen?
definitely snow queen is worth buying

i have seen both and devil beside you isnt all that great

snow queen is more enjoyable

RealDiva

The worst ending ever

Post by RealDiva » Jul 22nd, '07, 20:22

Avoid At All Costs!!!!:
Sunok
I truly hated the way this show end i.e.
battered women's snydrome, in denial of abuse &
unwillingness to accept true LOVE when it comes to you :glare: The writer's must be on crack & mentally disturbed!! I think that's why I think no one knows much about this show, because the ending sucked so bad.

Bam-Bam

Post by Bam-Bam » Jul 24th, '07, 09:10

I'd still recommend Emperor of the Sea if people haven't seen it. Still one of my favorite of all times.

christ_freak

Post by christ_freak » Jul 24th, '07, 19:14

Top 7 Korean dramas:

1.Goong
2. Sweet Spy
3. Lovers
4. Soulmate
5. My Girl
6. Coffee Prince (currently airing)
7. Delightful Girl Choon-Hyang

anneramos

Post by anneramos » Jul 25th, '07, 15:17

Hello! Here is my favorite K-Drama:

MUST SEE:
1. My Girl - LDH and LDW's chemistry was undeniable. My fave K series ever. Have watched it so many times I both another dvd set. :thumleft: :thumright: :cheers: :clap: :w000t: :lol :tv:
2. Goong - just love the story and the actors were well picked. For rookies in the acting biz they did a wonderful job. :cheers: :clap:
3. The Devil - the most recent K-drama that just got me hooked. Fell in-love w/ JJH. It's something new to experience and watch. :clap: :thumright: :thumleft:
4. Green Rose - it just made me cry so much. :clap: :cry: :cheers:
5. Save the Last Dance for Me - my first K Drama, loved the lead actor. :D :clap:

NEVER DID FINISH:
1. My Name is Kim Samsoon - my friend recommended it that its a funny show, but warned me that I should watch it before My Girl. Unfortunately I watched My Girl first and so just lost interest. I'm still in episode 4. :roll
2. Stairway to Heaven - boring as hell, but as my sister was determined to finish it I was able to glimpse some scenes but the weird thing was the actors were all crying but it made me laugh (cynical laughing). UUUUGGGHHHH!!! :x :rambo: :glare: :scratch:
3. Full House - This I did finish because I'm a Bi fan but I skipped alot because I just wanted to get it over with so I considered it never finish. :blink 8)
4. Witch Amusement - I'm still in chapter 5. I have no plans of putting it on my dvd player again. :goggle: :sleeping:
5. Tree in Heaven??? - I don't know if that is the title, but it's with Lee Wan, still in chapter 3. My friend said that the first part is a bit draggy but it just doesn't do anything for me. :music: :study: :doh:
6. Goong S - chapter 2. I like Se7en but........nooooooo more.......... :hissy:

OK TO WATCH
1. Autumn in My Heart - the lead guy just made me cry so much. :D
2. Hello Miss - found it to be funny and entertaining :lol
3. Love story in Harvard - it was different and I enjoyed it because my family watched it with me so it became a bonding time for us. (Maybe because it was summer and we had nothing else to do) But I thought it was okay. :D

nandasmith

Post by nandasmith » Jul 26th, '07, 14:02

Ok...I have to agree with everybody...I am new in this k-drama life, so I didn´t watch too many...this are my favorites:

1 - My Girl ( The best one so far!!Must see!!!)

2 - Full House ( My first one!!)

3 - Goong ( best kiss cene ever!!)

4 - Fantasy Couple ( so funny!)

5 - Delightful Girl Choon Hyang ( it´s good, but only because of Jae hee)

I watched another ones, like 1% of anyhing, Snow white/ Taste sweet love, but I didn´t like to much...and I started My name is Kim San Soon, but I don´t know why I couldn´t finish...

I have to say I only watch k-dramas that have comedy and romance, I hate the ones with sad ending...

The ones That I still wanna watch:
Da Ja´s Spring
Hello Miss
Witch Amusement
Sweet 18
The Vineyard Man
Soulmate
Coffe Prince

goongluver16

Post by goongluver16 » Aug 1st, '07, 23:38

i have seen full house also that's an ok one but NONE can beat stairway to heaven this is the SADDEST drama i have ever seen i criend my eyes out because of it :cry: ! Goong is also good but i haven't finished it yet :D

physics223

Post by physics223 » Aug 3rd, '07, 14:09

I'll say, Resurrection was 0.0 for me ... I was awed and I cried. D:

I highly recommend it.

gummonster

Post by gummonster » Aug 5th, '07, 23:38

i recommend THANK YOU. it's a very touching series. The cast did a wonderful job, i love the lead, it was my first time seeing them, and they're a great. And there's a little kid that is so freakin cute, she also makes the drama good.
so if you haven't seen it, watch it. ^-^

Egg-chan

Post by Egg-chan » Aug 7th, '07, 00:04

One that is playing in Korea right now that is absolutely fantastic is Coffee Prince. There are subs for up to ep 10 now... ^^

*points to sig* yes.. I love Coffee Prince.

jeune_daisy

Post by jeune_daisy » Aug 7th, '07, 00:36

Fantasy couple : Bossy girl, just like you want. It was different from A Love to Kill, though 'cause it's a comedy drama.
Thank you : heart warming. I went to Lotte and bought 3 boxes of Choco pie because of this drama. I really love this one.
Coffee Prince : Very popular now!!
War of Money : Adapted from manhwa and quite good.
There are a lot more but I think all of these are the best of this year so far (exclude Fantasy Couple, it ended on Dec. 2006. I named it just because you want the one with Bossy Girl, ha ha).

jeune_daisy

Post by jeune_daisy » Aug 7th, '07, 00:46

I forgot!! Dal Ja's spring was very good too. It was so hilarious.

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Aug 7th, '07, 12:12

If you liked A Love to Kill, you MUST watch I'm Sorry, I love You.

It's by the same author as A Love to Kill, only much better and critically acclaimed.

b4bybitch

Post by b4bybitch » Aug 8th, '07, 02:19

I STRONGLY RECOMMEND ;As Much As Heaven & Earth (By Land & Sky)

Autumn Tale, Sorry i love you, & Moon Child are pretty good too :)

anvle

Post by anvle » Aug 9th, '07, 21:59

i'm currently watching coffee prince and dal jas spring. love them both...

kurodreams

Post by kurodreams » Aug 9th, '07, 22:01

From watching Time of Wolf and Dog so far, i think i recommend it strongly if u like deep feelings and action, guys and girls will like it =]
-coffee prince is really cute too.

Bigjmaster14

Good Korean drama similar to.......

Post by Bigjmaster14 » Aug 19th, '07, 19:35

Well i have only watched 3 dramas so far. Does anyone know any good ones similar to

Soulmate, My girl or Hello! Miss!

?

RAV4

Post by RAV4 » Aug 19th, '07, 21:50

Witch Yoo Hee

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Aug 19th, '07, 22:12

Dal Ja's Spring, best romantic comedy.

arabian

Post by arabian » Aug 19th, '07, 22:16

If u mean for this year:

Witch Yoo Hee..
Dalja Spring..
Capital sacndal..
coffee prince..

nickbsd

Hello - Thanks for this wonderful web site!

Post by nickbsd » Aug 21st, '07, 04:25

Hi Everyone,

Well let me just get started by saying I've wandered to this website due to a wonderful Korean Drama that a coworker had (already watched - twice) stuck on. FULL HOUSE. Oh my gosh, even after watching the DVD I went and got the Original soundtrack and listening nothing but the soundtrack in my car and at work.

I was wondering if anyone knew if any similiar - English Subbed - movies out there. I'm on a super fast connection and wouldn't mind seeding. I just really don't know what else that may be good - series or movie.. Oh and I liked "My Sassy Girl' which I bought the night I borrowed the dvd from a friend.

Thanks for creating this wonderful site.

:roll

DataSpy

Post by DataSpy » Aug 21st, '07, 17:37

I would also like to thank everyone that made and make this site possible. Even though I've been using this site for a a couple years I've never given proper thanks.

So,

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub:

southbound

Re: Hello - Thanks for this wonderful web site!

Post by southbound » Aug 24th, '07, 05:02

nickbsd wrote:Well let me just get started by saying I've wandered to this website due to a wonderful Korean Drama that a coworker had (already watched - twice) stuck on. FULL HOUSE. Oh my gosh, even after watching the DVD I went and got the Original soundtrack and listening nothing but the soundtrack in my car and at work.

I was wondering if anyone knew if any similiar - English Subbed - movies out there. I'm on a super fast connection and wouldn't mind seeding. I just really don't know what else that may be good - series or movie.. Oh and I liked "My Sassy Girl' which I bought the night I borrowed the dvd from a friend.
You might like the drama "My Girl" if you liked "Full House." I personally liked My Girl more. It has to do with the whole contract thing, so that is definitely a similarity and maybe something you'd like!

amirvero

Post by amirvero » Aug 25th, '07, 03:47

I think yes that my girl out of all the dramas that I have watched will always be my favorite one and proposal daisakusen...well i guess winter sonata as well

pinkydevil

Post by pinkydevil » Aug 26th, '07, 07:20

anyone know where to dl attic cat and my love patzzi? :p

chocomocha

Post by chocomocha » Aug 26th, '07, 23:36

^ kdrama i like ^

~ Princess Hours/ Goong
~ Full House
~ My girl
~ Super rookie
~ Jewel in the palace
~ Glass Slippers
~ Bad family
~ 1% of anything
~ 18 vs 29
~ Hello Miss!
~ Sweet 18

^ if u like comedy's.. i recommend!

junebaby

Post by junebaby » Aug 29th, '07, 04:55

Gems of 2007 (so far)
THANK YOU
DAL JA'S SPRING
MONEY WARFARE
BAD COUPLE
MY OLDER SISTER
:lol

RyuNoKami

Post by RyuNoKami » Sep 3rd, '07, 02:27

know any historical dramas that i could find via d-addicts?

tha1

Post by tha1 » Sep 7th, '07, 04:05

junebaby wrote:Gems of 2007 (so far)
THANK YOU
DAL JA'S SPRING
MONEY WARFARE
BAD COUPLE
MY OLDER SISTER
:lol
where can I find MY OLDER SISTER with eng subs online?

ohhbitemex

Post by ohhbitemex » Sep 8th, '07, 03:02

Can anyone recommend good melodramas? Not dramas like Winter Sonata or Stairway to Heaven. I'm looking for the REALLY DEPRESSING AND DARK dramas like I'm Sorry I Love You, A Love to Kill, and Spring Waltz. Any melodramas that involve family, love, and betrayal/abandonment?
Last edited by ohhbitemex on Sep 8th, '07, 19:13, edited 1 time in total.

Yul

Post by Yul » Sep 8th, '07, 05:47

ohhbitemex wrote:Can anyone recommend good melodramas? Not dramas like Winter Sonata or Stairway to Heaven. I'm looking for the REALLY DEPRESSING AND DARK dramas like I'm Sorry I Love You, A Love to Kill, and Spring Waltz. Any melodramas that involve family, love, and betrayal??
you & me have the same taste........I recomend you to watch :

The Devil
Time btw the dog & the wolf
Thank you
Snow Queen
Resurrection

I'm sure you will like all my list.......hope U will enjoy it...............Don't forget to PM me after U watch 'em & tell me UR opinion :-)

junebaby

Post by junebaby » Sep 8th, '07, 12:29

Sorry, I'm not sure if you can watch MY OLDER SISTER online coz I watched pirated dvds! But do try to find it - I LOVE the pairing of Song Yun Ah and Kim Sung Soo(best onscreen chemistry I've seen in a long while)

If you go for darker dramas; look out for
RESURRECTION
THE DEVIL
PHOENIX
SEOUL'S SAD SONG
memories in Bali
the SANDGLASS - a classic!
fashion 70s
snow queen

KaoruKamiya

Post by KaoruKamiya » Sep 9th, '07, 10:36

Anyone have some good recommendations on medical dramas that are subbed? I just finished Surgeon Bong Dal Hee and Thank You which I enjoyed. For some reason I'm on a doctor show kick -_- Doesn't necessarily have to be sad in fact I like more happy ones than sad ones. Thanks for the recommendations in advance!

Sphinxy

Post by Sphinxy » Sep 13th, '07, 14:55

Wow-- I agree on almost all of your lists. =D

Im glad you're seeing My Girl, it IS A MUST-WATCH
I mean-- Its excellent. And Im glad you find it funnyl
The characters work together in a way that... I havent seen most characters connect.
The male leads can actually cry! And. it makes me cry looking at them!
The situations are so hilarious and it'll leave you laughing, crying, smiling and.. just... so addicted!
Lee Dong-wook is my current hubby =) Cuz I love him so much.
Lee Da-hae is one of my favorite actresses of all time. =D
I'll always remember this drama. =)

Biscuit Teacher is also extremely watch-able.
If you enjoyed watching a bit of Kim Sam Soon, you'll like this even better.
The characters all mesh perfectly as well.
Its very sweet, and I just love the leads, Gong Hyo Jin and Gong Yoo who just makes me cry for him and everything his character does for Na Bo Ri =D

wei_c

Post by wei_c » Sep 17th, '07, 12:55

Coffee Prince trumps them all, a seriously MUST watch for those who're looking for really good romantic comedy.

kandieloli

Post by kandieloli » Sep 18th, '07, 01:58

:wub:
witch yoo hee
why why love-- since u thought devil beside u was good this ones great--taiwan
que sera sera
snow in august--sad..happy..sad
time between dog n wolf
coffee prince
kimi wa petto
rude woman
dal ja spring
my delightful girl
goong-- if u havent yet watched
full house
my lucky star--taiwan
smiling pasta
attic cat
older sister in law(my 19 yr ol sister in law)
tree of heaven -- good but hate the endin
hello mr.god
bad couple
hello! miss
o yeah currently watchin which r also good
9 end 2 outs
LIFE--japanese
u can find them at crunchyroll subbed or veoh
and get karl oh soo jung
Just starting to watch but looks promising is Love at first fight--?
next/rebirth

those are some i think are good most have bad endings or not a wow endin but the series was still good hope u find something good out of them :wub: :mrgreen: :thumleft:
Last edited by kandieloli on Sep 30th, '07, 02:54, edited 1 time in total.

fifimimi

Post by fifimimi » Sep 19th, '07, 22:14

ANY BODY SEEN "CLOUD STAIRS"?? ANY GOOD? RECOMMENDABLE?!? THANKS!!

val009

Post by val009 » Sep 21st, '07, 18:54

fifimimi wrote:ANY BODY SEEN "CLOUD STAIRS"?? ANY GOOD? RECOMMENDABLE?!? THANKS!!
I've seen it and while it's interesting it's not riveting. => If you like shin dong-wook then I highly recommend that you watch War of Money if you haven't already =)

here's a good synopsis i found: http://www.mykofan.com/War_of_Money__-191-Drama.aspx

good luck with shin dong wook!! tee hee[/img]

mikomiko123

Post by mikomiko123 » Sep 22nd, '07, 22:59

i like dramas with a female protagonist.. i also like the kinds like goong, jolly dramas, can someone recommend? thANX

nancylok

Post by nancylok » Sep 23rd, '07, 05:19

I am a K-drama addicts. I buy almost every available disks on sale.
There are some that I have not watch.
I was ecstatic when i discovered this D-addicts site.

Can someone out there advice me how to go about downloading a series?

jerina1

Post by jerina1 » Sep 23rd, '07, 07:02

I've only watched one K-drama (a late bloomer =P) and it was Goong. It was the perfect introduction to K-dramas!

fifimimi

Post by fifimimi » Sep 27th, '07, 23:00

val009 wrote:
fifimimi wrote:ANY BODY SEEN "CLOUD STAIRS"?? ANY GOOD? RECOMMENDABLE?!? THANKS!!
I've seen it and while it's interesting it's not riveting. => If you like shin dong-wook then I highly recommend that you watch War of Money if you haven't already =)

here's a good synopsis i found: http://www.mykofan.com/War_of_Money__-191-Drama.aspx

good luck with shin dong wook!! tee hee[/img]
Cheers but I don't particularly like Shin Dong Wook...its just that the drama looked semi-interesting from pictures I've seen and what I've read..but was stil hesitant. I'm gonna add War of Money my list anyway cos it did so well in TV ratings so I guess it must be good?!

cdd365

Post by cdd365 » Sep 28th, '07, 04:09

The drama that i would recommend watching is Flowers for my Life. I think its the most underated drama.

Hitokiri_Johndoesai

Post by Hitokiri_Johndoesai » Sep 29th, '07, 16:23

I finished watching "Delightful Girl Choon Hyang" last week and I'm about to finish "Coffee Prince". I really liked "Delightful Girl Choon Hyang", but it was somewhat tormenting; something a little bit too sentimental for me. Therefore I liked Coffee Prince much more. Can anybody recommend a drama similar to Coffee Prince? It should be at least a romantic or pure comedy, not a heartbreaker like "Delightful Girl Choon Hyang"s later episodes.

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » Sep 29th, '07, 23:25

Hitokiri_Johndoesai wrote:I finished watching "Delightful Girl Choon Hyang" last week and I'm about to finish "Coffee Prince". I really liked "Delightful Girl Choon Hyang", but it was somewhat tormenting; something a little bit too sentimental for me. Therefore I liked Coffee Prince much more. Can anybody recommend a drama similar to Coffee Prince? It should be at least a romantic or pure comedy, not a heartbreaker like "Delightful Girl Choon Hyang"s later episodes.
Something similar to Coffee Prince..... My Girl, Full House, Dal Ja's Spring, Bad Couple.

Hitokiri_Johndoesai

Post by Hitokiri_Johndoesai » Sep 30th, '07, 10:50

Well, thanks. I'll give it a try. I already heard about Full House and My Girl, but licensed dramas are hard to find. (Due to my low speed (1 Mbit ADSL) internet connection, the clubbox thing wont work for me, I assume.) Any new (at least this year aired) K-Dramas you want to recommend?

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Oct 1st, '07, 10:04

Dal Ja's Spring and Bad Couple are 2007 dramas and I recommend them, too.

Hitokiri_Johndoesai

Post by Hitokiri_Johndoesai » Oct 1st, '07, 12:26

Maybe I'll try Dal Ja's Spring. I didn't like the synopsis of Bad Couple on DramaWiki. But what I'm really lookin' forward is "Let's go to School Sang-doo" and maybe "Oh-Pil Seung". They are hard to download though...

ngu0131

Post by ngu0131 » Oct 1st, '07, 14:59

hey any comments about witch yoo hee? i'm thinking of buying it :D

smileysum

Post by smileysum » Oct 1st, '07, 21:10

Please can you give me more suggestions similar to the dramas listed below!!

so far i watch these also they are my absolute fave kdramas

1)Goong(Princess Hours)
2)Coffee Prince
3)My Girl
4)Full House
5)My Lovely Kim Sam-Soon
6)Sweet 18
7)Da Ja's Spring
8)Delightful Girl Choon Hyang

Also watched A Love To Kill and Sorry I Love you but like comedy romance more so please recommend comedy romance thanks!!

teemu8

Post by teemu8 » Oct 1st, '07, 21:57

thank you
the devil
time of dog and wolf

:thumright:

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » Oct 2nd, '07, 01:45

Recently-subbed 9End2Outs - the most underrated drama this year. Hilarious, heart wrenching and deep .... this story about love and friendship kept me awake until the wee hours of the morning.

dorkee

Post by dorkee » Oct 7th, '07, 00:25

Any 2006-2007 sad/tearjerkers?
Please and thank you!

(And I do mean tearjerkers)

KAAdonkaDUNK

Post by KAAdonkaDUNK » Oct 7th, '07, 02:10

I've already watched a lot of korean dramas, from the ones i've watched my favorites had to probably be...
-->Full house
-->My name is kim sam soon
-->Coffee Prince...Probably my #1 pick
-->Goong

...Can anybody recommend any good dramas? maybe a romantic comedy. I like dramas like coffee prince and my name is kim sam soon especially because the guy and girl are like total opposites. anyone know any dramas along that line.

touchthesun

Post by touchthesun » Oct 7th, '07, 02:34

KAAdonkaDUNK wrote:I've already watched a lot of korean dramas, from the ones i've watched my favorites had to probably be...
-->Full house
-->Goong

...Can anybody recommend any good dramas? maybe a romantic comedy. I like dramas like coffee prince and my name is kim sam soon especially because the guy and girl are like total opposites. anyone know any dramas along that line.
I think you may like My Girl and Hello! Miss. Those are pretty cute romantic comedies with polar opposites ^^ Wonderful Life, Delightful Girl Choon-Hyang are also some really popular ones you may also want to check out :) All are nice romantic comedies.

KAAdonkaDUNK

Post by KAAdonkaDUNK » Oct 7th, '07, 02:55

touchthesun wrote:
KAAdonkaDUNK wrote:I've already watched a lot of korean dramas, from the ones i've watched my favorites had to probably be...
-->Full house
-->Goong

I think you may like My Girl and Hello! Miss. Those are pretty cute romantic comedies with polar opposites ^^ Wonderful Life, Delightful Girl Choon-Hyang are also some really popular ones you may also want to check out :) All are nice romantic comedies.

Ohhh i forgot to put my girl as one of my favorites...Hmm I've watched Delightful Girl Choon-Hyang already, I liked it but i didnt really love it, Maybe i'll try Hello! Miss though.
Thanks.

sun#1

Post by sun#1 » Oct 7th, '07, 04:29

can anyone recommend me some sad drama, like a love to kill?

anhnie

Post by anhnie » Oct 7th, '07, 06:28

sun#1 wrote:can anyone recommend me some sad drama, like a love to kill?
If u're looking for sad dramas, then you definitely have to check out MiSa aka I'm Sorry I Love You, i HIGHLY recommend it, prepare your tissues though! i've just finished rewatching it for the 5th time last night and i still cried buckets..it's really good and So Ji Sub's amazing in it, check it out!

Other sad ones i enjoyed:

What Happened in Bali (depressing and dark)..though it's kinda shady, it's quite intriguing, makes u wanna watch it to the end and all 3 of the leads are great eye-candy.

Snow Queen: sad story but has lots of adorable moments as well. and it stars hyun bin, so if anything, watch it for the eye-candy. lol

Check these out! ^__^

sun#1

Post by sun#1 » Oct 8th, '07, 10:44

anhnie wrote:
sun#1 wrote:can anyone recommend me some sad drama, like a love to kill?
If u're looking for sad dramas, then you definitely have to check out MiSa aka I'm Sorry I Love You, i HIGHLY recommend it, prepare your tissues though! i've just finished rewatching it for the 5th time last night and i still cried buckets..it's really good and So Ji Sub's amazing in it, check it out!

Other sad ones i enjoyed:

What Happened in Bali (depressing and dark)..though it's kinda shady, it's quite intriguing, makes u wanna watch it to the end and all 3 of the leads are great eye-candy.

Snow Queen: sad story but has lots of adorable moments as well. and it stars hyun bin, so if anything, watch it for the eye-candy. lol

Check these out! ^__^
thnx for recommendation. Sorry, but I don't like So Ji Sup :unsure: But I will try Snow Queen

tengue17
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by tengue17 » Oct 8th, '07, 12:11

what do you people think of "Ballad of Seodong"?
I think it's amazing. I also trying to find Dae Jang Geum. Where did you find/watch it?

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Oct 9th, '07, 05:43

dorkee wrote:Any 2006-2007 sad/tearjerkers?
Please and thank you!

(And I do mean tearjerkers)
Thank You, while not really a tearjerker (very warm and funny in places), is a very powerful and intelligent sad drama.

As for real tearjerks (Atumn Tale style?), I cannot think of any recent ones I have seen. I watched Heaven's Tree last year which was a real tearjerker, but I didn't like it much.

Hitokiri_Johndoesai

Post by Hitokiri_Johndoesai » Oct 10th, '07, 18:03

Could anybody recommend a martial arts Korean Drama? I'll watch Damo, which I heard much of. Many people recommmended "Jewel in The Palace", but it's hard to find (except clubbox, I assume). Then there should be "Emperor of Sea", which run on TV in my country, but I didn't pay much attention to. Any more suggestions?

Vanilla_Spider__x

Post by Vanilla_Spider__x » Oct 12th, '07, 11:28

-->Full house
-->Goong

I'd recommend Dal Ja's Spring- It's pretty similar to Kim Sam Soon I thought and I /loved/ it. ^^
Give it a shot, definitely.

jaw

Post by jaw » Oct 13th, '07, 06:34

COFFEE PRINCE!!! my gosh, watch it before it disappears like goong! seriously, watch it right now@_@ that is.. if you haven't seen it^-^

coffee prince simply tops most dramas i've seen. i DEFINITELY recommend it. in fact i envy you guys who haven't seen it yet. firstly, because you simply don't know what's gonna happen yet. secondly, it's already done so you won't have to experience the TORTURE of waiting for the next episode. thirdly, like hell you won't be disappointed...>.< dl dl dl!!

Hitokiri_Johndoesai

Post by Hitokiri_Johndoesai » Oct 15th, '07, 10:08

Yesterday I finished watching Damo and I was amazed. I really like good Romantic Comedy K-Dramas but this Period Drama was really something different. I somehow was turned off by watching too much romantic comedys and gave Damo a try. The result: Impressive! Are there any period dramas around as good as Damo? Could you recommend a few?

kekekeke

Post by kekekeke » Oct 15th, '07, 12:09

i watched

full house (fave series)
goong
coffee prince

my sassy girl (all-time fave movie! 11 out of 10)
windstruck (1st part was good, i didnt enjoy 2nd part)

what can u recommend for me ?

kanuko

Post by kanuko » Oct 23rd, '07, 13:02

Fantasy couple, Get Karl Oh Soo Jung, 9 ends 2 out are highly recommended.

passionfruittwst

recommendation?

Post by passionfruittwst » Oct 23rd, '07, 22:54

hi im pretty new here but i was here to look for a drama to start off with my friends.

you see, im korean and they're white :/ so im afraid they won't understand the concept of an korean culture...

but i really wanted them to watch winter sonata with me, since it was my first k-drama and my favorite. : )

and we are looking for a romance tear-jerker.

what do you guys recommend i watch with them? plus, where can i download winter sonata??? (with subtitles pretty please)

m1tch13

Re: recommendation?

Post by m1tch13 » Oct 23rd, '07, 23:25

passionfruittwst wrote:hi im pretty new here but i was here to look for a drama to start off with my friends.

you see, im korean and they're white :/ so im afraid they won't understand the concept of an korean culture...

but i really wanted them to watch winter sonata with me, since it was my first k-drama and my favorite. : )

and we are looking for a romance tear-jerker.

what do you guys recommend i watch with them? plus, where can i download winter sonata??? (with subtitles pretty please)
Are you looking for a drama or movie?

Drama
Save the Last Dance for me -->my favorite :thumleft:
Sorry I Love You
Tree of Heaven

Also try Coffee Prince, Goong & Full House for starters -->Mixed with comedy :D