RECOMMENDED/FAVORITE KDRAMAS (ask for suggestions here)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

RECOMMENDED/FAVORITE KDRAMAS (ask for suggestions here)

Post by jaycee05 » Oct 29th, '04, 00:52

Recommend your favorite Korean Dramas and/or look for recommended Kdramas here.
Future threads requesting recommendations will be merged.
Thanks.

Cdrama recommendations topic
Jdrama recommendations topic
Jmovie recommendations

Need help to identify a Cdrama / HKdrama / TWdrama
Need help to identify a Jdrama
Need help to identify a Kdrama
Need help to identify a celebrity
Need help to identify music or songs from dramas

--added by puccakiss79

MUST WATCH
Dae Jang Geum - This is the best thing I've seen on my computer screen! It leaves me utterly speechless. Do not let the 54 episodes scare you. In fact, you'll wish it will never end. Don't EVER miss it!
All About Eve - Forget all the villains you've seen in a kdrama(oh man, now I realized how mild those characters have been), because in this series you'll meet the ultimate villain of all. Imagine all the unspeakable and wicked deeds a kdrama-woman could possibly do--aside from the customary "eyeball-exercise". And so I wonder why an antagonist could get more camera time than the leading lady. I realized then that this drama goes beyond the world of your usual lovebirds. Though, of course, I love this drama to death for those simple but precious moments between "Sonbae-nim" and Sun-mi. But amidst all the goodness and the tenderness of the relationship between Sun-mi and Hyung-chul comes a different love, so ugly, ambitious, scary and sometimes, pitiful--Young-mi's love for an abstract thing or is it really for WJ?
This drama is on my top 3 list for sure.
The best cast...the best ending...slow beggining, but get passed episode 1, and you'll be alright. Also prepare some kinda pillow to punch with for those numerous Young-mi moments.
Sorry, I Love You - I would have to say MiSa is a very emotional drama. You can't be human if you're not affected of at least one scene in it. Aside from the hurried final episode, this is an excellent drama with Moo Hyuk who's starved for a mother's love, and soft-hearted Eun Chae who will fill this hole for him. After watching this, you won't be able to deny that So Ji Sub is one of the best korean actors out there.
Full House - my favorite romantic comedy :wub:
Damo --I am seldom amazed of Asian action films with the overdramatic flying at unbelievable heights and quickly judged Damo as one of those films. I even came to the point of comparing Damo to DJG, when they have nothing in common except that they are both period dramas. There is nothing special with the plot as it is very usual with a little touch of Robin Hood or other medieval hollywood movies. Even the love twist reminds me of a certain jdrama (AMFS) and many other kdrama titles. But Damo has this unique effect on its viewers for those aforementioned similarities. The action scenes will get you going because of the well done video editing and the kick-ass soundtrack. The ending might leave you with red-eyes and a dry throat, but still, you tell yourself, "that's what you call an ending!" and...and..."Ha Ji Won is a friggin' first-rate actress, you have my utmost respect!"
Let's go to school, Sang-doo - at first, I couldnt stand GHJ and watched it just bcoz of Bi, but little by little, she grew on me...and I love LDG's character in here, bcoz he's not the typical pathetic and clingy "soon-to-be-dumped" fiance...I would even be glad if he and sang-doo end up together :mrgreen: ...
Sweet 18 - hahaha :lol ; HJH and LDG pairing would be the top 4 on my best couple list.
Lovers in Paris - very funny and sweet- rich guy- poor girl story, a must see, even my mom fell for park shin yang's charm
What Happened in Bali - The most peculiar drama Ive seen. The atmosphere is kinda shady and the speed is moderate. The actors aren't your everyday honorable characters. I still cant pinpoint what this drama has, but it surely is addicting! Make sure to watch it all the way to the end :mrgreen:
My Name is Kim Sam Soon - "Sam soon's" name will probably be a "Jang-geum", like a "signature name" or a "Full House" in a sense that it will always come up when recommending dramas. It's probably that good, but still not the best romantic comedy I've seen. There's a lot of loose ends in the plot; I've been totally crazy about this drama for the 1st 6 episodes, and maybe 5 percent less on the next few episodes. But man oh man, Sam-soon is just the funniest woman I've ever laid eyes on in a kdrama. And Mi-joo is just soooo kyoot! :P
Save The last Dance For Me - Well, they did dance once, but no...it's not the dirty-dancing-or-shall-we-dance-kinda-movie. Lots of sugary moments that'll make you go, "awwww" or "yuck" if you are loveless at the moment. It has the typical korean drama scenarios, but I was surprise that they used them effectively. The chemistry between Ji Sung and Eugene is undeniably great.

OK DRAMA
Oh Pil-seung, Bong Soon Young - Everybody likes Pil-seung, *cough* *cough* corny :lol ...It's a story about a regular man (sooo down-to-earth) that people can't help but like him. The tandem and the atmosphere reminds me of a jdrama (except for the obvious 16 episodes.) The narration in the beginning and the short anecdotes at the end kept the story more interesting to watch. What more, I think, you'll end up liking not just Pil-seung but the whole cast of this drama. What I find weird though is that I find one scene of PS and Ms. Noh more touching than any scenes of SY and PS. Still, good drama.
Fashion 70s - First few episodes is a bit slow and boring, but hold onto it, coz it'll bring you tears and more tears later on. This drama would have been great if the main couple had a different casting. Joo Jin Mo and Doemi didnt look good together. Their scenes turn out cheesy. On the other hand, Jang Bin and Kang Hee were excellent on their roles. I was a bit disappointed with the fashion sub plot though.They could have made it better.
All IN - not straight-out romance...life of a gambler who wants to get out of the gambling scene when he met this girl...
Loving You- from jem's site, an OK drama, doesn't drag, very fun to watch...you'll meet the queen of the evil b*tches
Beautiful Days-jem's site, very good...this isn't just a love story, but it center on the lives of 4 individuals...
My Love Patzzi- it's a teen drama, but i think everybody will enjoy it, another love triangle, but very funny ending... you'll laugh, cry, get angry, over-all it's a feel-good drama
Bright Girl's Story-jem's site...watch half of the episodes, then stop if u notice Jang Hyuk's acting had changed...hehe, no jk, finish it, it's ok, the silliness of the ending will make u laugh, but it wont destroy the whole drama altogether
1% of anything - They could have made this drama better. Sometimes, it goes on and on with the conversations and it gets boring pretty fast. Still, Kang Dong Won and Kim Jung Hwa gave excellent performances.

DRAMAS THAT STARTED OFF GOOD BUT WENT BAD HALFWAY THROUGH
Attic Cat - I watched the 1st half, but I cant stand the girl, so still haven't finish watching the drama...most people liked it..
Wonderful Life - Sometimes I liked it, sometimes I hated it. It made me laugh really hard on the first few episodes, but I also got tired of Eugene and KJW's fights really fast. If this was my first kdrama and if I liked Shin-bi a teeny bit more, then this drama would have been more memorable. Sadly, Sang-doo and Bori weigh heavier in my heart.
Delightful Girl Choon-hyang - Watch this drama for the humor and Jae Hee. His expressions are priceless :lol This drama shouldn't have been named after Choon-hyang coz Mong-ryong has shadowed her character a lot of times. She's ok, but for me, she's not as memorable as SHG from FH. Mong-ryong is a decent competitor against Bi. I don't really like Choon-hyang though except for her favorite line: "shingyang kusho :lol "
Taste Sweet Love (Snow White) - Finally, I was able to finish this drama (technically, coz I've skipped a huge chunk of ep16). That's no surprise, it's a kdrama after all, meaning, the last 4 episodes will painfully drag. The approach in humor is unique, and it makes fun of plastic surgery in Korea. And I liked the first few episodes to the point that I was addicted. Unfortunately, I was greatly disappointed at ep10 onwards. There is no chemistry between the main characters whatsoever. The excitement was lost, and instead I felt annoyed with KJH and LW. I don't know what the writer is thinking on how he keeps making up some uncalled conflicts. Argh :glare: .
The fun part was Jin woo and his business with horse-face Hee-won. When they took Hee-won out of the picture, the whole drama went skidding downward--really fast.
Stairway to heaven - I was a bit disappointed with the last 8 episodes. If it's your first kdrama...you'll appreciate it more. If you're a big fan of CJW, then get ready to hate her :|

SLOW-PACED DRAMAS
Winter Sonata- i love this show, the plot will drag a lot of times, so don't watch it straight, maybe one episode a day or so...
Phoenix - sort of like Winter Sonata, i think it's the "girl torn between two lovers" intensified :crazy:
Autumn Tale- like winter sonata, it's very well done in the beginning when the characters are young, but when they grew up, they messed up the whole story...beware...the pacing is a bit better than Winter Sonata though.
Love Letter-cant say much, read the review on the review section...didn't finish it, it lost its momentum halfway. What I don't get is Yesasia's description being the "greatest love story ever" wth :unsure: ?
A Love To Kill
- The first 10 episodes had potential even if they were a bit slow-paced. They built up and redefined the drama's own title. Unfortunately, the destination is blurry and all messed up. The last 6 episodes are so crappy that they had the power to bring down the drama altogether.

KEEP AWAY FROM
Summer Scent- worst kdrama I'd ever watched, the plot is so stupid along the heartbeat!
Prince's 1st love - pure torture!

Currently Watching (in order of interest)
1) My Girl(Ep03) - It's time for Korean dramas to shine again! :mrgreen: This show is hilarious.
2) Lovers In Prague(Ep12) - Believe me when I say, this show is worth your while. The first two episodes are a bit slow, and the kiddies might even think that the lead actor isn't young and hot and so they brush off this show ...well too bad, coz they are missing out! The tandem and dialogues between the two main characters make up the charm of this drama.
3) Resurrection(Ep07) - The resurrection part is very interesting but the love story part is kinda weak. It doesnt make a difference if I skip those parts with UJW and his love interest.
4) Sister-in-Law is 19 (Ep08)- The endings of each episode is hanging and makes me wanna see the next episode really bad. Unfortunately, the huge chunk in the middle is very boring and the funny parts are seldom.
5) Dating Now(Ep06) - This drama is losing its magic.

On the verge of losing interest
6)Spring days:(Ep07)--It's getting painfully draggy.
7)Green Rose - I forgot now what episode I am...
8. Wedding(9/18] - Im getting annoyed with Jang Nara, all she does is cry cry cry...argh...and Im starting to hate RYW's character as well.
9)Sad Sonata(Ep03) -Drags way too much and cliched to the max!
10)Loveholic(Ep05) - Kang-ta's head looks weird and has no chemistry with the main girl. The evil girl is too annoying with her extremely HUGE mouth. The boy with spectacles who likes the big-mouth girl is a psychotic nerd. The fiance is again the clingy type. I also find the tragic plot kinda stupid and exasperating. The only saving grace is the leading lady.
Last edited by jaycee05 on Dec 28th, '05, 09:27, edited 19 times in total.

puccakiss79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by puccakiss79 » Oct 29th, '04, 02:11

Before you read my recommendations, it might help to know that I am a fan of Korean cinematography. I take into account the production and direction when considering my recommendations so this list may not agree with a lot of people. For example, Goodbye Solo and Alone in Love are two mature dramas that many find boring; however, the context and directing were absolutely brilliant so they are part of my must see list. Still, I share my drama infatuations with funny, light-hearted dramas like Goong and My Girl. But, a lot of the time, I am just seduced by the hot looking actors :P .

According to puccakiss79...

Must See
Attic Cat:This is the first contract-relationship drama I can recall.
Alone In Love: This drama was very good at creating a lonely mood. Perhaps the gray tones used throughout the drama, created a atmosphere of loneliness. It's a mature drama using two very good actors, Kam Woo Sung and Son Yeh Jin.
Beautiful Days: This is the drama I learned how seductive Lee Byung Hun can be as an actor. I compare him (as a seductive actor that is) to America's Matthew Mcconaughey or Ryan Gosling. This drama showcases two of Korea's most popular actors, Lee Byung Hun and Choi Ji Woo.
Damo: If you don't know by now, this is the drama that set it off. "Set what off, pucca?" This drama set off my love and obsession for the beautiful and lovely Ha Ji Won. She completely kicks ass in this drama. Of course, it's the wire effects and crafty camera tricks, but at least they didn't have to create a black/dark atmosphere like they had to in Gumiho for Kim Tae Hee =P . To get back to the point, this drama has some of the most spectacular scenes you will ever see in Korean Dramas. A must see for all Ha Ji Won fans!
Goodbye Solo: This drama was brilliantly written to share stories from several characters from different generations and with different backgrounds. It was beautifully directed and touched on some different aspects of day-to-day life we don't get to see in the more popular korean dramas.
Goong If you love a cute romantic story with great looking actors, just download it.
My Girl: A romantic comedy that will have you bursting at your seams! You will fall in love with Yoorin's character played by the adorable Lee Da Hae. "Don't pull a Gong-chan on me!"
My Name is Kim Sam-Soon
One Fine Day: Finally, a drama where Sung Yuri can show she really can act!!! This drama starts off with a very dark secret, so much so after watching the first episode on television, I had to download the rest and immediately watch it. It has well written characters with real issues. The beautiful aquarium shots didn't hurt either.
Phoenix: Although this drama was extended several times, making it infamous for its flashback scenes, it remains one of my favorites. I think this was Eric's breakout role, a role his character could experience and react to things (unlike his role in Breathless). I think it really helped that he was costarring with two great actors Lee Eun Joo and Lee Seo Jin. There's something to be said about this drama, if it did well enough that the producers/writers or people paying the bills wanted to extend it several times.
Ressurection: Completely speechless. Not like other dramas, this story has some meat to it!
Secret: Ha Ji Won is a **** in this drama! I love her!
Sorry, I Love You: This dramatic romance pulls at your heart strings. I loved the style of directing, something I don't see a lot in other dramas.
Terms of Endearment: This story is about actually about sisters, but I was drawn to Eun-pah's story right away. I knew Han Ga In (who plays Eun-pah) was a great actress from her work in Yellow Handkerchief. I was glad she was able to be a main character in this drama. She plays a runaway pregnant daughter who through time cannot excape the realities that society puts on women with her background. Also, this is the first drama that I saw Song Il Guk's brilliant acting!
Tropical Nights in December: I am not a fan of Kim Nam Jin's stiff acting; but, Uhm Jung Hwa did an excellent job portraing a lonely housewife. I felt so sorry for her character I needed to find out what how it ended. This one I've seen 3 times.
Wedding: I know a lot of viewers disagree with me on this one; however, I absolutely love Jang Nara's character, Sena. I've watched this drama 3 times also.
What Happened in Bali?:This drama was intense! It's a Ha Ji Won drama, so of course I loved it. But, seriously, there was such a strong chemistry and attraction among the actors that I didn't expect that ending. It left me nausious and yet I've watched it more than once.
Yellow Handkerchief: Hands down, the best Korean drama I've ever scene. It revolves around realistic issues among a family and includes subplots shared among three generations. I am not surprised that the producer/director, Kim Jong Chang, also produced Terms of Endearment, two of the best dramas I've ever scene.

Probably Shouldn't Miss
18vs.29
1% of Anything
Autumn Tale
Country Princess

Delightful Girl Choon-hyang
Full House: I reviewed this in the wiki.
Hotelier: Bae Yong Jun is totally hot in this drama.
Let's Go To School Sang-doo
Summer Scent

Super Rookie: If you are following Eric Mun's acting career than this is a grab! Unlike any character he's played before, Kang Ho is a bumbling cutie that you can't help but cheer on. Kang Ho fighting!
Sweet 18: Come on! You have to love this drama because Han Ji Hye and Lee Dong Gun make such a cute couple!
Which Star Are You From?
Winter Ballad

Only If You Have Time
Bodyguard
Great Inheritance: Adorable drama. Although, I was tested over and over with Yu Mirae's character being way too close to Bok-Shil's character in What Star Are You From? The mannerisms were too similar. But the little kids were so adorable, they kept me from stopping.
Lovers in Paris
Lovers in Prague
Save the Last Dance for Me
Snowman

Stay Away!
Prince's First Love: Terrible acting, sorry Sung Yuri, I gave it a try.
1000 Days of Love: I don't know whose ass the plot was pulled out from, but it definitely stinks. The acting didn't save the drama either.
Fashion's 70s: Just found the plot boring.
Hello, God: Another lame plot.
A Love to Kill: I can't believe Bi and Shin Mina did this drama. It seemed like a great script but the production and direction wasn't appealing at all.
Sad Love Song: Kim Hee Sun is so beautiful, but this drama sucks as much as her acting. I wish they would have just waited
Sweet Spy: I refer to this drama as a great looking candy that tastes like crap. And yes, I'm referring to Dennis Oh's appearance and his acting. I hope he takes acting lessons or better acting lessons before his next drama!
Last edited by puccakiss79 on Sep 7th, '06, 04:09, edited 3 times in total.

greenrocks

Post by greenrocks » Oct 29th, '04, 03:51

:crazy: You're quite agressived to type down some series. But heh, :D, that's cool. Ooh right. I forgot about Summer Scent. I watched the whole series, 20 episodes. I thought it was okay. Little slow-paced, I would say. Summer Scent is more tragedic tale, nothing funny, too dramatic.. I honestly cannot imagine that happening to anyone in real life, haha.

But anyway, thanks. That's really awesome. I think I will try Stairway to Heaven. I've been wanting to give this series a shot, but somehow I can't spare any for it till I have something to do to be done.

"Where do you find time?" What do you mean by this? ^_^

KrystalHeart

Post by KrystalHeart » Oct 29th, '04, 04:27

I tend to watch dramas all in one sitting if I could. However since time doesn't always permit my heavy appetite, I'll throw in a few movies every now and then just for flavor.

Comedies - movies
My Little Bride - I laughed so hard I started to cry
My Sassy Girl - I didn't know there was nudity involved, LOL
WIndstruck - started out with a chuckle, then 2nd half I was pouring tears
He was cool - totally loved it!
Everybody has secrets - whoah ... it's about sex & secrets

Romance - movies

Il Mare - the best K romance movie ever!
The Classic - sweet and good old fashioned romance
Ing - sad and left a long impression on me
Bungee Jumping of their Own - omg... so good.
Lovers Concerto - I thought it was ok.

Horror - movies
A Tale of Two Sisters - step moms are evil
Wishing stairs - not finished watching this yet

Other - movies

Taegukgi - bombazz movie about brotherly love

DRAMAS
Since you said you liked comedy/romance genre ... Watch Attic Cat. It's funny and cute! Sweet 18 is funny too but I prefer Attic Cat. When you are ready to move onto the more serious dramas of nature ----- Ruler of Your Own World & The Sand Glass.

Stairway to Heaven is a must see for any mood!
Last edited by KrystalHeart on Oct 30th, '04, 05:08, edited 2 times in total.

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Oct 29th, '04, 04:48

I think I'll have to give up keeping a top 5 list of my favourites, since I just love too many of them. :wub: So I'll classify the dramas I've watched into categories instead. :)

MUST WATCH

~ I'm Sorry, I Love You - The story of an abandoned son adopted overseas will touch your heart. Even though it's a melodrama, it hardly dragged, if at all. And there were enough funny moments to balance out the tragic sides of the story. Excellent acting by the two leads & the supporting cast is fantastic as well. I can't even begin to tell you how good the soundtracks are... :wub: Thanks to this drama, So Ji Seob's gonna be staying at the top spot on my list of favourite Korean actors for a very long time.

~ Sweet 18 - This is one sweet & feel-good romantic comedy. It tackled quite a few issues regarding marriage, and focuses a fair bit on family ties as well. Han Ji Hye & Lee Dong Geon became my favourite on-screen couple after watching this. :wub:

~ Full House - It's just oozing with cuteness, with a good mix of humour & drama. The two leads, Bi & Song Hye Gyo were both excellent in it, and they had great chemistry. You'd probably be able to watch it again & again without tiring of it. I'm currently watching it for the third time, since I got the Director's Cut version. :mrgreen:

~ Let's Go to School, Sangdoo! - Even with a few cliches, I thought this drama was pretty unique somehow. The ending is one of my favourite endings ever. It also happens to be one of the most talked-about endings here.

~ Oh! Pil Seung, Bong Soon Young - This one is good for a drama marathon. There are hardly any plot cliches & the pace is nearly perfect. All 16 episodes will just fly by. I suffered withdrawal for two weeks after finishing this drama. I fell in love with Oh Pil Seung & you will too, I guarantee that. :mrgreen:

~ Delicious Proposal - Watching it will make you hungry. :P Besides the well-shot Iron Chef-like cooking scenes, the biggest pull of this series are the likable main characters. They're developed nicely as the drama goes along and each character is given enough depth for us to be able to empathise with him/her. Although the drama's main theme is a Romeo-and-Juliet type of romance, a good balance was achieved between the two leads' love story & the other characters' respective stories.

~ Dae Jang Geum - If I could only watch one K-drama in my whole lifetime, I'd pick this one. :)

~ Wonderful Life - I was gonna put it under 'Should Watch', but I'm such a sucker for family-themed dramas. And this one is full of family love. :heart: I don't know if this drama is a realistic portrayal of a Korean couple who have a kid by accident & get married while still in college, but I enjoyed it. I did get annoyed at the two leads several times throughout the series. However, it was easy to forgive them towards the end, considering how both their characters have developed for the better. And it'll be hard for you not to fall in love with Han Shinbi in the course of watching this series. She's way too adorable! :wub: That tiny Jeong Da Bin became the main motivation for me to keep on watching the moment she appeared. It helps that she's a really good actress too!

~ Lover in Paris - A sweet Cinderella-type story, with a very endearing lead couple. Although the situations portrayed in this drama are common in others as well (rich guy falls for poor girl, love triangle, scandalous family secrets, etc.), you can't help but love it, thanks to the great acting & a very unique ending.

~ All About Eve - This one is the classic of classics. Even if you've watched 10 similar K-dramas before, this will be special in a way. You'll have a love-hate relationship with each of the two female lead characters. The female antagonist, especially, will evoke extreme emotions in you as you watch the drama. Though the ending isn't a happily-ever-after one for everyone, it's satisfying & ties up all loose ends. If you're deciding on a K-drama to start with, this is the one!

~ Resurrection

~ My Name is Kim Sam Soon

~ Damo

SHOULD WATCH

* Wish Upon a Star

* Wedding - I have mixed feelings about this one. The relationships among the four leads didn't feel realistic to me, but at the same time I could identify with the issues of trust, jealousy & selfishness faced by the couples. I must say I liked the meaningful conversations between the characters; they felt very familiar to me. Throughout the series I kept being impressed by Jang Nara's acting. It feels like her talent has matured significantly since the last time I saw her in a drama. However, I didn't like Ryu Shi Won nor his wishy-washy character. His acting has never impressed me & this drama didn't change my opinion.

* Miss Kim's Adventures in Making a Million - This was my first time seeing Kim Hyeon Joo in a comical role, and I really like her. (Somehow her character here reminds me of Han Ji Eun in Full House. I guess it's the mannerisms & facial expressions.) KHJ & Ji Jin Hui had good chemistry here. They had me laughing & crying along. It was too bad they only got together at the very end.

* Loving You

* Hotelier

* Romance

* Winter Sonata - What can I say? This one is quite the classic. I loved it the first time I watched it, but after the third or fourth time, I got pretty sick of it. :lol Watch it if you feel like a weepy melodrama ala Stairway to Heaven. Just don't watch it more than twice.

* The Last Dance is With Me - A very typical love story portrayed in a way that distinguishes itself from the rest. I was surprised to find myself enjoying it more than I thought I would. I don't know what is it about this drama that pulled me in, but it did. Eugene surprised me as well - I thought her acting improved greatly since I first saw her in Loving You.

* Super Rookie - This is the first drama series I have seen Han Ga In & Eric in. (I only saw them in movies previously.) Although I wasn't terribly impressed with their onscreen chemistry, I liked their individual characters here. HGI's character especially kept surprising me by showing her quirky & tough side at the most unexpected times. The events that occur throughout the drama might not be exactly realistic, but you'll get a good laugh watching it.

* Tell Me You Love Me - I'm not quite done with this series yet, but I like it so far despite the formulaic love triangle plot. Actually, the entire story revolves only around the four leads, so if you prefer to watch dramas where things are happening all the time, don't watch this one. I'm gonna keep watching as the characters interest & intrigue me.

* The Nine-Tailed Fox - I watched it out of curiosity about the story of nine-tailed foxes & also because I wanted to see Kim Tae Hui as one of the good guys. It's a good ol' love story with an interesting twist. The drama hardly drags as it doesn't focus on the love story or the main characters alone, and there are enough cool fighting scenes to keep you interested.

* Autumn Tale - I'm a little partial to this series because it was the one which led me into the world of K-dramas. I think I watched it about four times, despite it being draggy & depressing. :P If not this drama, I wouldn't have fallen in love with Korean dramas. You'll love it too, especially if it's your first K-drama!

* Beautiful Days - I almost didn't finish this one because it dragged a little too much towards the end. But I finally continued watching when I found out it was gonna have a happy ending. :P I must say this is the best Choi Ji Woo drama I've seen so far. I liked her in this one compared to Winter Sonata or Stairway to Heaven.

* Papa - I'm not done watching this yet, but it feels very much like a family-oriented drama so far. The setting of the story is pretty original, so I think it'll be good one throughout.

* Sassy/Delightful Girl Choon Hyang - Starting out as a fun drama, it gets emotionally heavier in the latter half. The story is nothing new, but the way the lead actors play their roles makes it a little refreshing. You'll fall in love with the male lead character by the end of the series.

* Love Letter - Almost as slow-moving as Summer Scent, but still bearable & more engaging thanks to the not-so-common plot about a priest choosing between friendship, love & his love for God. If only the ending provided some form of closure.

* My Sister-in-Law is 19 - This series starts out hilarious! :lol I haven't watched all of it, but the mood does get more serious later on. Yoon Kye Sang & Jeong Da Bin are a pretty good combination. In fact, they totally outshine Kim Jae Won here.

* Love Story in Harvard - It started out kinda slow & unexciting, but it gets better & better. I like the focus on the university students' lives in the first part of the show. Kim Tae Hui & Kim Rae Won have wonderful chemistry as well.

* All In - Didn't expect this drama to be so good, but it is. You won't be able to take your eyes off the screen. It doesn't focus on the love stories of the characters, which is good because it rarely gets boring.

Watch if you...

...are a big fan of So Ji Seob: Thousand Years of Love
Seriously, don't bother watching this drama unless you're crazy about SJS (like me). The plot is non-existent & it drags throughout all 20 episodes. Kim Nam Jin's & Seong Yu Ri's acting are just so bad as usual. :crazy:

...are looking for a emotionally heavy drama with likable characters you can relate to: Ruler of Your Own World
I really love the characters in here. They're so realistic & imperfect, you'd surely be able to relate to one or all of them. Watching more than 2 episodes in a sitting is not recommended, or you'll start 'losing' the story.

...don't mind a dark & intense drama, with the lead female character being the volleyball: What Happened in Bali
There's something about it that made me wanna keep watching, even though all the characters (except Kang In Wook & Soo Jeong's roommate) started pissing me off more & more. The unique ending didn't disappoint or upset me, like it did to others. :P But it was quite sickening; nobody would've seen it coming. :crazy:

...are a big fan of Choi Ji Woo, are a big fan of Kwon Sang Woo, or aren't yet sick of the amnesia, fatal illnesses & two girls (one an evil **** & the other an angel) fighting over a rich guy: Stairway to Heaven
I don't know why, but I never finished watching this. It wasn't terrible, but I got sick of the characters quick. The first half of the series was great though. Maybe one day I'll have motivation to watch it again & actually finish it.

...like abstract dialogue & bizarre characters: Ireland

...don't mind a predictable story with slack acting by the leads, or are a fan of Cha Tae Hyeon: Prince's First Love
If it wasn't for CTH, I wouldn't even like this series one bit. You'd be taken in by his portrayal of the flawed yet lovable leading male, while the other two leads (Sung Yoo Ri & Kim Nam Jin) fade into the background. (The supporting actors didn't give good performances either, but at least we can forgive that.) KNJ's acting is especially bad. :crazy: (So bad that I don't know why he's even an actor. He should just stick to modelling, since he has the build & it doesn't require much facial expression.) Anyway, the plot was so predictable I could easily tell what was gonna happen next every single time. :glare: I must like Cha Tae Hyeon more than I thought. :lol

...don't mind slow-moving, almost tedious melodramas, which has the lead female being the ball in a volleyball game between two men, one of whom is determined not to let go of her: Stained Glass or Summer Scent

...are looking for a dramedy similar to (but not as charming as) Full House, with not-so-likable characters, or are a big fan of Kim Rae Won: Attic Cat
I almost didn't finish this, but I felt that it got less repetitive after the first half, so I continued watching. Or maybe I'm just a sucker for finishing what I started.

...want a light-hearted drama with the usual love-triangle plot and fun, can't-help-but-like-them characters: My Love Patzzi
I would've put this under 'Should Watch' if it wasn't so forgettable. When you've watched a good number of K-dramas, this one doesn't stand out much in terms of plot or setting. Then again, you should watch this if you're a fan of either Jang Na Ra, Kim Jae Won or Kim Rae Won. As real-life friends, the 3 of them have fantastic on-screen chemistry. So I'd say it's worth watching at least once. :)

...don't mind draggy, repetitive melodramas, or are a fan of Kang Ta: Loveholic

...can bear to watch an ugly male antagonist, or are a big fan of Kim Hui Seon: My Fair Lady
I'm sorry to say this, but the male antagonist is so ugly, I didn't even try to empathise with him. Being ugly is bad enough, but the actor who plays him enjoys contorting his face to form even uglier expressions whenever he's irritated or angry (which he usually is throughout the drama). Okay, enough about him. Go Soo & Kim Hui Seon make a sweet-looking couple, but they were fighting for the most part, that when they finally ended up together, I couldn't detect the romantic chemistry between them. And I must say that their acting fell short of expectations here.
Last edited by Jannah on Jan 13th, '06, 11:21, edited 12 times in total.

tevar33

Post by tevar33 » Oct 29th, '04, 16:55

I'm interested in seeing this Choi Ji Woo chick in action but most of her dramas are not in English (Stairway, Beautiful Days, etc.). I guess "Winter Sonata" is but someone said she had a shorter haircut in that one, is that true? I hate it when girls with nice long hair cut it. Does anyone know if BD or STH will eventually be available on DVD with Eng subs? It drives me nuts that so few k-dramas have Eng subs. I went to yesasia.com and counted up all the k-dramas with eng subs and I think I found about 15. 15! Out of how many hundred? Either these series are too costly to subtitle or there is some bad business decisions going on.

oct_7

Post by oct_7 » Oct 29th, '04, 17:54

Summer scent is not that bad. Btw, I was going to dl lover in paris, but after I read some reviews about it, i canceled it. They said that it has a very bad ending. Dunno how it ends though. So is it worth e dl?

Thank u,

Regards,

ridgeview

Post by ridgeview » Oct 29th, '04, 18:26

jaycee05 wrote: Keep away from:
Summer Scent- worst kdrama i'd ever watched, the plot is so stupid..
Couldn't agree more than jaycee05, Summer Scent is the worst. I bought the original DVD box set from YesAsia. After 1st episode, I lost the interest of watching the rest. My mom finished them all. Sold it on eBay :D The only thing good about that drama is that it comes in a beautiful DVD box set.

PaulS

Post by PaulS » Oct 29th, '04, 21:22

Winter Sonata
Autumn Tale
Stairway to Heaven

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by iceberri » Oct 29th, '04, 21:42

oct_7 wrote:Summer scent is not that bad. Btw, I was going to dl lover in paris, but after I read some reviews about it, i canceled it. They said that it has a very bad ending. Dunno how it ends though. So is it worth e dl?
Do give it a shot. I haven't finished watching it yet (on episode 15) but I'm so in love with the main actors and actresses! For once, I feel like a bad ending can't even spoil this drama. xD I'll probably write a review on this once I finish..

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Oct 29th, '04, 22:15

tevar33 wrote:I'm interested in seeing this Choi Ji Woo chick in action but most of her dramas are not in English (Stairway, Beautiful Days, etc.). I guess "Winter Sonata" is but someone said she had a shorter haircut in that one, is that true? I hate it when girls with nice long hair cut it. Does anyone know if BD or STH will eventually be available on DVD with Eng subs?
You can download Beautiful Days on Jem's site and epiodes 1 to 11 of Stairway to Heaven on FOB. Both have English subs.

I actually liked Choi Ji Woo with the shorter bob she had in Winter Sonata. Her hair shouldn't deter you from watching her excellent performance in the drama.

greenrocks

Post by greenrocks » Oct 30th, '04, 01:24

Yes, Summer Scent had a bad ending. How UN-pretty. x_X Anyway, yeah. I saw Windstruck and My Sassy Girl. Is Windstruck the pre-sequel to so-called "2nd" one to My Sassy Girl? I wonder.

Sorry if anything discussion related to religions is not allowed, don't worry.. I am not saying anything offended but keep that in mind. I am just clarifying that though I am not baptized of Jehovah's Witnesses but ratehr as a Bible Student since 6-7 months, I decided to stop celebrating holidays, including my birthday which is tomorrow, Oct 30. I'll be 16, as I am in my junior year in H.S. Tomorrow is like, my last day of celebrating my birthday and in my lifetime, too. You could say happy birthday to me if you want. :P I am not gonna bite. XD I am little excited though because I am hoping to get a Philips DVD Player DVP642 that plays AVI files, according to some amazon.com's customers' reviews did say that the player probably can play almost all files (except RMVB, OGM, and others). Ugh, finally no more sitting on the chair while I am in a pain watching the computer monitor in my room! I can't even carry it anywhere, I would like to but I would be considered insane. Laptop shouldn't be a problem for me but too bad I am not rich. XD

jennxxness

Post by jennxxness » Oct 30th, '04, 01:47

Lovers in paris, full house, attic cat. :)

FiveStar

Post by FiveStar » Oct 30th, '04, 05:46

O! Phil Sung - Bong Soon Young : It's currently airing in korea.
I highly recommend it.

tevar33

Post by tevar33 » Oct 30th, '04, 16:12

"You can download Beautiful Days on Jem's site and epiodes 1 to 11 of Stairway to Heaven on FOB. Both have English subs."

I don't know how to do this. I don't even own a home computer. Tried looking at episode 1 of BD at work but it didn't work. I just meant those 2 series weren't available on DVD in English for sale at all as of yet. Buying is really my only method of watching k-dramas so until a compay decides to re-release these I guess I'm screwed. I did see copies of BD with Eng subs on ebay this week but the descriptions said "B+ quality". I used to A+ quality so I'm a little reluctant to buy bootlegs.

sakurazuka

Post by sakurazuka » Oct 30th, '04, 16:51

i'd say:
Beautiful days , Bright Girl's Success and All In are great

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jaycee05 » Oct 30th, '04, 17:29

tevar33 wrote:
I don't know how to do this. I don't even own a home computer. Tried looking at episode 1 of BD at work but it didn't work. I just meant those 2 series weren't available on DVD in English for sale at all as of yet. Buying is really my only method of watching k-dramas so until a compay decides to re-release these I guess I'm screwed. I did see copies of BD with Eng subs on ebay this week but the descriptions said "B+ quality". I used to A+ quality so I'm a little reluctant to buy bootlegs.
It'll be hard dl-ing from work, but if u couldnt dl them and u couldnt buy them anywhere, then u can get them from certain members who do trades...if u dont have anything to trade, then u could just pay for the CDs that they will use and the stamp cost...I ordered once from amrayu, and I think she's trustworthy and reliable, Im't not sure if she's still doing it though...if ur interested, just type amrayu on the member find, and I think she has a link of her site on her signature

greenrocks

Post by greenrocks » Nov 3rd, '04, 20:57

The Next Series I am downloading is, of course, Attic Cat. 55% completed on this series, eps 1-8. I thought, if KSOTM, it'd be good to dl this for now because of seeders. It's a little bit slow, but I am quite patience.

I was considering about downloading Stairway to heaven, but since I am heisated because of that kind of belief when a person die goes to heaven which I don't believe at all. Well, I heard some good reviews about it. Sad, romance, right? I was like, um, uhh.. let's give it a try.

I don't watch a lot of jodrama. Is Gokusen one of them, am I correct? To me, Gokusen was known as a manga. I don't know Gokusen also has drama, real-living people in acting. So I was thinking, oh cool.. it gotta be a good series. I planned to dl Gokusen after Attic Cat. But I disliked any files that is in different size under same series by different uploaders, it confused me. Still, I am gonna try somehow! :P

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jaycee05 » Nov 4th, '04, 13:41

greenrocks wrote:
I was considering about downloading Stairway to heaven, but since I am heisated because of that kind of belief when a person die goes to heaven which I don't believe at all.
It's nothing like that at all...If I explained why it's called "Heaven's Stairway/Stairway to Heaven), I might give out some spoilers..but I assure u that it doesnt touch with any religious belief about a person going to heaven after death....in a way.

greenrocks

Post by greenrocks » Nov 10th, '04, 23:37

jaycee05 wrote:
greenrocks wrote:
I was considering about downloading Stairway to heaven, but since I am heisated because of that kind of belief when a person die goes to heaven which I don't believe at all.
It's nothing like that at all...If I explained why it's called "Heaven's Stairway/Stairway to Heaven), I might give out some spoilers..but I assure u that it doesnt touch with any religious belief about a person going to heaven after death....in a way.
Oh, really? 8) Thanks for letting me know! I'll dl it whenever I have time. Probably after done watching Attic Cat, I am on EP6. I got all 16 episodes in less than 2 week! Amazing, yeah. Thanks to KSOTM! :lol. 8 episodes in one pack, 8 in other are quite useful, more easier and faster if it has a lot of seeders out there seeding THE series. :)

peachy

Which Drama to buy

Post by peachy » Nov 21st, '04, 08:02

I was wondering if anyone had advice about which drama to buy. I am choosing between Romance (16 eps US version), Love Letter (US version) and All In all from yes asia. Which one would you recommend and why? Thanks :)

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Nov 21st, '04, 08:16

hmms....i am going to be very bias~ :lol

All In!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's because i love SHK soooo much and has and will always be one of my all-time favorites drama ever~

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Kai Lien » Nov 21st, '04, 08:22

Hrmmm...dunno what type of drama you like, but I would choose Romance. I've watched it many times. It's one of my favorite dramas ever! Everything about it was perfect! It was very sad sometimes, funny, and its a great story overall. It won't dissapoint you! I don't think anyone but Kim Jae Won and Kim Ha Neul could pull off such a nice romance story between a teacher and student. Another reason why you should get it is because d-addicts has very high quality files for All In and Love Letter. Jem's romance ones are a little less quality.

greenrocks

Post by greenrocks » Nov 21st, '04, 08:27

FiveStar wrote:O! Phil Sung - Bong Soon Young : It's currently airing in korea.
I highly recommend it.
Oh heh, I watched this on every Mon/Tues at KBS, starting last week. :) I got EP 1, 5, 9-16 of LYON's rips off from eMule. So I am currently downloading 2-4, and 6-8. ^_^
But they are all raw, I am hoping to be able to translate from traditional chinese to english somehow! :P

lbhismyoppa

Post by lbhismyoppa » Nov 21st, '04, 09:08

ALL IN ALL THE WAY....ISN'T APPRARENT FROM MY NAME??? DUH!!!!!

just kidding, here is my real 2 cents...

Romance - Kim Jae Won 's hotness is off the scale + the ending of the drama is one of the best i've seen... it brought me to tears... rating - 8/10 8)

Love Letter - Sorry, I have not seen this one... and do not plan to... don't like the cast accept Jo Hyun Jae... but he doesn't even look good then... :P

ALL IN - NOW THIS IS A DRAMA WORTH BUYING... I'VE GOT THE DVD SET MYSELF...

- LBH'S ACTING IS SUPERB
- LBH + SHG = PERFECT CHEMISTRY
- ACTION, LOVE, DRAMA, BEAUTIFUL SCENERY, ELABORATE SETS AND SUPPORTING CASTS... LBH, SHG, JI SUNG.... NEED I SAY MORE???

:blink :blink :blink YOU'RE BEING HYNOTIZED... BUY ALL IN!!! :blink :blink :blink

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Nov 21st, '04, 10:31

Don't forget to buy using our yesasia link http://global.yesasia.com/assocred.asp? ... sasia.com/ :mrgreen:

IMO ALL IN is the best of those bunch, the first half of the show was very good while the second half slowed down somewhat and I started to lose a bit of interest but I managed to get through it because of SHK :P

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Nov 21st, '04, 11:03

lbhismyoppa wrote: :blink :blink :blink YOU'RE BEING HYNOTIZED... BUY ALL IN!!! :blink :blink :blink
I knew it, I knew it... dang...
and I was going to suggets "buy it all" and we'll gladly spend hours teaching you 4356 different ways to get the best cap :)

Seriously though... I think without this forum this question woul dhave been completely impossible to get a good answer for. :D Thanks Ruroshin for making it possible. (along with all reviewers and moderators and other helpful members)

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Nov 22nd, '04, 06:56

ruroshin, congrats on the yesasia.com associate program~ :)

linco

Post by linco » Nov 22nd, '04, 16:24

ive seen all 3 and i would totally recommend romance over the other 2. love letter is really depressing and slow. i know everyone liked all in but i didnt really like it very much. as much as i love lbh and shk, they didnt have much chemistry together. it was too draggy but there was a lot of action if thats the kind of thing u like. i personally like dramas that r funny and sad at the same time. u get really into romance. in fact i fell in love with both kjw and knh in it.

Spike23

Post by Spike23 » Nov 22nd, '04, 22:48

Summer scent was a good k drama in my opinion. The story was pretty interesting and lots of nice clothes they all wear the designer is cool haha. Song seung hun :mrgreen: woot

Takez0
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Takez0 » Nov 22nd, '04, 23:41

All In for sure

-wWh-

Post by -wWh- » Nov 23rd, '04, 14:41

among the three, i would recommend All In. :)

lilyella

Post by lilyella » Nov 23rd, '04, 15:07

All In. Lee Byung Hun is such a good actor and he was so great in this one.

peachy

Post by peachy » Nov 23rd, '04, 20:17

thank you everyone for all of your oppinions, I am now torn between all in and romance, and i will make sure to order using the link from d-addicts :D

amrayu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by amrayu » Nov 23rd, '04, 20:37

peachy wrote:thank you everyone for all of your oppinions, I am now torn between all in and romance, and i will make sure to order using the link from d-addicts :D
i say get romance. because i think the ALL IN set at yesasia isn't great. (might be ENGRISH??), im not 100% sure, but this was the only version they had when i last checked for ALL IN.

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Nov 23rd, '04, 21:32

amrayu wrote:
peachy wrote:thank you everyone for all of your oppinions, I am now torn between all in and romance, and i will make sure to order using the link from d-addicts :D
i say get romance. because i think the ALL IN set at yesasia isn't great. (might be ENGRISH??), im not 100% sure, but this was the only version they had when i last checked for ALL IN.
Nope, I bought the set when it first came out and its not engrish. Its not the best english but its not anything like say Autumn in my Heart engrish. Actually (and i don't know if they have this anymore) but when i bought the set it came with ALL IN perfume :lol I have no idea why must be some advertisement for them or something. The Set does include a DVD extra with behind the scenes and interview but unfortunately it is not subtitled.

amrayu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by amrayu » Nov 23rd, '04, 21:42

Ruroshin wrote:
amrayu wrote: i say get romance. because i think the ALL IN set at yesasia isn't great. (might be ENGRISH??), im not 100% sure, but this was the only version they had when i last checked for ALL IN.
Nope, I bought the set when it first came out and its not engrish. Its not the best english but its not anything like say Autumn in my Heart engrish......
I say still go with Romance.. Yesasia might do All In. :lol If they do, i would buy it, but until then i'll pass on the current DVD version of All In.

clouds421
Reviewer
Reviewer

Post by clouds421 » Nov 24th, '04, 07:24

Depends on your taste.. somehow All In didn't rub off on me--actually bored me at times. I loved Love Letter. Romance was cute, too. Maybe try downloading an episode to see what you're in for.

I_Nee

Can someone recommend any good korean serie for me?

Post by I_Nee » Dec 15th, '04, 04:42

Can someone recommend any good korean serie out their that already ended? Something like sweet 18, full house...lighthearted comedy serie w/ romance in it and where its a happy ending not too much drama don't really like :blink . Oh and do any of you know where I can order korean series besides yesasia.com b/c theres some really old series that I want to order but they yesasia doesnt carry it.

enigma88

Re: Can someone recommend any good korean serie for me?

Post by enigma88 » Dec 15th, '04, 04:59

I_Nee wrote:Can someone recommend any good korean serie out their that already ended? Something like sweet 18, full house...lighthearted comedy serie w/ romance in it and where its a happy ending not too much drama don't really like :blink . Oh and do any of you know where I can order korean series besides yesasia.com b/c theres some really old series that I want to order but they yesasia doesnt carry it.

I recommend My LOve Patzzi (this one is just great...extremely funny and cute), I also recommend success story of a bright girl....good.....also recommend Attic Cat (very veyr funny)

I recommend DAMO as well. its not happy ending but this is THE BEST drama ever.

S4kura07

Post by S4kura07 » Dec 16th, '04, 00:52

I recommend Let's go to School Sang-doo, Lover in Paris, Damo, and and Success Story of a Bright Girl!!!
You should try to check out this drama, I hope you will like it as much as I did! :D

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Dec 16th, '04, 01:06

yup, all the ones they've mentioned are lighthearted with romance.......wellls...with the exception of Damo. but you should also watch Damo. that is one romantic but serious drama that you shouldn't miss out on!!! it's very interesting, too....if u like solving mysteries, too. ;]

I_Nee

Post by I_Nee » Dec 16th, '04, 05:46

Thanks for all your suggestion...yeah I seen most of the series you guys listed like 'Success Story of a Bright Girl' and 'My Love Patzzi' I'm a big fan of Jang Na Ra ahehe...was hoping she end up w/ Kim Jae Won even though Kim Rae Won was cute in the serie ahehe *sigh* oh well hope they in another serie together. Can anyone give me some info on the 'Lover in Paris' series like who's the main cast?

lbhismyoppa

Post by lbhismyoppa » Dec 18th, '04, 05:19

You must get your hands on Attic Cat - in some ways, it's even better than Fullhouse... (absolutely not dissing FH... loved the show).

Another drama you might want to check out is Dating Now - Chae Rim is hilarious and Kwon Sang Woo is sizzling hot!!!!

:D :D :D

Chynkinese

Post by Chynkinese » Dec 18th, '04, 18:10

I also recommend success story of a bright girl
yea !! i loved that series...i highly recommend it also ! but if you havent seen full house yet then go for that first .... full house is easily my favourite kdrama :D ... heck ... full house is definitely one of my favourite dramas

greenrocks

Post by greenrocks » Dec 22nd, '04, 19:37

lbhismyoppa wrote:You must get your hands on Attic Cat - in some ways, it's even better than Fullhouse... (absolutely not dissing FH... loved the show).

Another drama you might want to check out is Dating Now - Chae Rim is hilarious and Kwon Sang Woo is sizzling hot!!!!

I would, for sure but there's no torrents of Dating Now to download. :( I've been wanting to see this series. I am desperated, haha. I am curious about how it goes after EP 4. 4 episodes - that's all a group did 2 years ago. Lazy bum. *whacks them with a baseball bat* XD

Besides, if one day another group would like to take the subbing on this series. It would be oh, so wonderful. :P Heh!

Shinigami

Post by Shinigami » Dec 22nd, '04, 20:12

lbhismyoppa wrote:You must get your hands on Attic Cat - in some ways, it's even better than Fullhouse... (absolutely not dissing FH... loved the show).

???? .. do you love Full House but Attic Cat better than Full House ??? :crazy: :crazy:

For me Full House is the best Kdrama ever :P
I can watch Full House over and over again.
but Attic Cat, I have already delete Attic Cat :P

If you like Kim Rae Won, watch "Love Story in Harvard" ^_^
Stained Glass is good too :mrgreen:
And both Jang Na Ra Kdrama are cool too, you should watch it.

mtlandis

Post by mtlandis » Dec 22nd, '04, 20:44

I am currently watching I'm Sorry I Love You. It isn't a comedy like Full House but definitely a good one. (Incidentally, it isn't over yet, only up to 10 with subs or 13 Raw). Also, Lover in Paris was a great one but I wasn't too please with the ending. LOL But the actual ending was much better than the "proposed" ending. Lastly, I thought Phoenix was a good one, but once again, I wasn't impressed with the ending. I wanted it to go another way the last few episodes.

cartermariano

Post by cartermariano » Dec 22nd, '04, 20:48

I think the best 2 dramas ever (that i've seen so far) are Full House and Romance. Actually this last one was my first kdrama..i started watching just to know if kdramas were as good as jdramas..ehe i have to say after i watched Romance has been a while since my last jdrama :D. Oh Summer Scent is pretty good too. :wub:

one thing though..if you've already seen Full House, and you loved Song Hye Kyo, STAY AWAY FROM AUTUMN TALE..it has the most crappy ending i've ever seen.

ghuor

Post by ghuor » Dec 22nd, '04, 21:55

if you are sick are classic K--melodramas, you should definitely watch" Ruler of your own world" (currently KSOTM) and " the sandglass". Those two are the best k-dramas ever.

miriko

Post by miriko » Dec 22nd, '04, 22:29

What was the proposed ending for lovers in paris.... I cant believe it could be worst than the actual ending.... I really hated that ending.... I think, I chose to stop at ep 19, like ep 20 didnt exist

I like all of the dramas that have been listed, but I must giive a special heads up for ruler of your own world... great great drama!!!!

mtlandis

Post by mtlandis » Dec 22nd, '04, 23:26

According to one of the Korean members of my Yahoo Group (Jason) - Lovers in Paris was supposed to end at like episode 19. If you remember in the beginning, the heroine was wishing at a fountain in Paris. The whole series after that was supposed to be just a fantasy or dream. It was supposed to finish with her "waking up" at the fountain and going on her way - never having met the uncle or the brother.

At least in the "actual" ending she gets to meet the uncle and we assume that she develops a relationship with him.

Incidentally, Jason said that "surprise" endings are all the rage in Korea. With this particular drama the press got wind of the "proposed" ending. There was such an uproar among fans that they network was forced to change the ending at the last minute.

mtlandis

Post by mtlandis » Dec 22nd, '04, 23:29

ghuor wrote:if you are sick are classic K--melodramas, you should definitely watch" Ruler of your own world" (currently KSOTM) .
Yes, Ruler of Your Own World was fantastic but a very dark and heavy drama. With dramas like Full House and Attic Cat, I can usually do marathon watching sessions. With ROYOW I could only watch 1 episode at a time and I would have to wait a day or 2 to watch the next. It was a very emotional series.

baba9087

Post by baba9087 » Dec 22nd, '04, 23:45

bright_girl's_success and Full House Rox

rainy

Post by rainy » Dec 23rd, '04, 17:51

DAMO - a must !

beer

Post by beer » Dec 23rd, '04, 18:31

miriko wrote:...lovers in paris... I think, I chose to stop at ep 19, like ep 20 didnt exist
I second that. A primary school student with a medium size piece of paper and a pen would probably have come up with at least something instead of that 1 hour of nothing.

Hmm, I think I already said that after finishing watching the Fast and the Furious. That was one movie that could have benefited from actually having a script.

P.S. What's the point of peddling Damo when the request is for 'lighthearted comedy'? Simply because it's Korean as well? How about Notting Hill then - it's not Korean, but it is a lighthearted comedy.

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Dec 23rd, '04, 19:07

Shinigami wrote:

???? .. do you love Full House but Attic Cat better than Full House ??? :crazy: :crazy:

For me Full House is the best Kdrama ever :P
I can watch Full House over and over again.
but Attic Cat, I have already delete Attic Cat :P

If you like Kim Rae Won, watch "Love Story in Harvard" ^_^
Stained Glass is good too :mrgreen:
And both Jang Na Ra Kdrama are cool too, you should watch it.
heheheh....for some reason, i tend to compare Attic Cat and Full House all the time. maybe because they have more similarities in common than other comedies. take for example....the main girl lead likes the main guy lead who likes another girl who likes the rich guy. the rich guy however in turn likes the main girl lead............. How, the main guy ends up jealous but still oblivious to his own feelings.....and the girl that he liked from the beginning begins to develop feelings for him instead.

and also...........with the two leads living together under one roof........and even the fact that they're both such hilarious shows. but then again, there are a lot of differences, too.

beer

Post by beer » Dec 23rd, '04, 19:13

Darn, I stopped watching Attic Cat and I cannot for the life of mine remember why. Gotta go find the CDs.

R K e 1 C A

Post by R K e 1 C A » Dec 24th, '04, 09:17

Ruler of Your Own World & Hotelier

babai

Post by babai » Dec 26th, '04, 22:46

Haven't seen many Korean dramas yet but... My Love Patzzi! :D

NewZ

Post by NewZ » Dec 27th, '04, 15:46

yes.... My Love Patazzi is great...

NatNat

Post by NatNat » Jan 1st, '05, 06:08

mtlandis wrote:According to one of the Korean members of my Yahoo Group (Jason) - Lovers in Paris was supposed to end at like episode 19. If you remember in the beginning, the heroine was wishing at a fountain in Paris. The whole series after that was supposed to be just a fantasy or dream. It was supposed to finish with her "waking up" at the fountain and going on her way - never having met the uncle or the brother.

At least in the "actual" ending she gets to meet the uncle and we assume that she develops a relationship with him.

Incidentally, Jason said that "surprise" endings are all the rage in Korea. With this particular drama the press got wind of the "proposed" ending. There was such an uproar among fans that they network was forced to change the ending at the last minute.

well great. Now I won't even have to watch Lovers in Paris. Thanks a lot.

chunfung
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by chunfung » Jan 1st, '05, 16:07

Full House & Sorry,I love you 8)

innocentchica

Post by innocentchica » Jan 1st, '05, 16:32

my list of recommendations: (rating by hearts!) xD
full house <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 (my #1 kdrama!)
let's go to school sang doo <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 (i can't believe i actually put this series off.... this was WOW.... i cried&laughed so much! just thinking about it makes my heart ache. now that it's over, sniffs* but definitely MUST MUST MUST WATCH)
lovers in paris <3 <3 <3 <3 < (would have been five hearts too if it wasn't for ending...but the ending was not SO bad... i anticipated worst and it was definitely not as horrible as people made it to be. let's just say a twist!)
my love patzzi <3 <3 <3 < (weak ending to me or else gotten much higher! gave me a lot of laughs though)
bright girl's success story <3 <3 <3 <3 (another jang na ra series... just watch it. hehe)

hmm that's it for my list of lighthearted series. :lol
Last edited by innocentchica on Mar 2nd, '05, 02:17, edited 1 time in total.

MajidB
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by MajidB » Jan 1st, '05, 22:45

I'm Sorry I Love you, Let's go to school Sang-Doo and My Love Patzzi

rainy

Post by rainy » Jan 2nd, '05, 16:18

Heartbroken : DAMO DAMO DAMO ..... :cry:
neauri ... :cry:

classic : Beautiful Days ...
Min-Chul :wub:

DarReNz
Fansubber
Fansubber

Korean Comedy Dramas

Post by DarReNz » Jan 4th, '05, 00:51

Hi, can you guys recommend some good korean comedy dramas ? Nowadays it's all weeping dramas and there's no comedy in it. Thanks.

Acke

Post by Acke » Jan 4th, '05, 01:43

umm.. Full House is very funny :-)

Tide

Post by Tide » Jan 4th, '05, 02:25

Yeah, Full House is funny..you might also want to check out Attic Cat, it's a hilarious cute comedy

rainidy
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rainidy » Jan 4th, '05, 02:52

List of Korean comedy dramas I watched so far:
Full House
Sweet 18
Attic Cat
and
Successful Story of Bright Girl

linco

Post by linco » Jan 6th, '05, 01:11

sweet 18, full house, my love patzi, im still loving u (i dunno if thats considered a comedy)

i personally didnt like attic cat at all. i spent like $40 on the series and i couldnt even finish it. i didnt like KRW's character. overrated.

a successful story of a bright girl was okay.

Ha Ji Won

Post by Ha Ji Won » Jan 6th, '05, 01:25

Full House. .. it's good and funny too

t-glo

Post by t-glo » Jan 6th, '05, 01:40

oh-pil seung is pretty funny..
:D

cloud78

Post by cloud78 » Jan 6th, '05, 05:45

Let's go to school sang doo is also funny at the begining of the episodes and become more serious toward the end.

kmovies

Post by kmovies » Jan 6th, '05, 22:19

Full House is a must see drama.