Discuss Korean drama series here.
semi-fly
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

My Flower Boy Neighbor (tvN 2013)

Post by semi-fly » Jan 7th, '13, 20:39

Series Details
Title: 이웃집 꽃미남 / Yiootjib Kkotminam
Also known as: My Neighbor Flower Boy / The Pretty Boy Next Door / My Flower Boy Neighbor
Genre: Romance, comedy
Episodes: 16
Broadcast network: tvN
Broadcast period: 2013-Jan-07 to 2013-Feb-26
Air time: Monday & Tuesday 23:00
Related TV shows: Flower Boy Ramyun Shop (tvN, 2011), Shut Up Flower Boy Band (tvN, 2012)
Official Website: Here

Synopsis
A romantic comedy about a girl named Go Dok Mi who locks her self in her ′tower′ from the world, is caught spying on the man living next door by Enrique Geum.

Enrique Geum is a genius creative director, who is good-looking, stylish and bohemian and can′t get enough of soccer. He will form a love line with Go Dok Mi.

Go Dok Mi is a ′city Rapunzel′ who never ventures outdoors, yet has her own set of charms that makes men go weak.

Cast
Park Shin Hye as Go Dok Mi
Yoon Shi Yoon as Enrique Geum
Kim Ji Hoon as Oh Jin Rak
Park Soo Jin as Cha Do Hwi

Next Door Boys
Go Kyung Pyo as Yoo Dong Hoon
Mizuta Kouki (미즈타 코우키) as Watanabe
Kim Jung San as Han Tae Joon

Other
Kim Yoon Hye as Yoon Seo Young
Lee Dae Yeon as Hong Soon Chul
Kim So Yi as Im Jung

Production Credits
Production Company: CJ E&M
Producer: Jo Moon Joo (조문주)
Director: Jung Jung Hwa (정정화)
Original writing: Webtoon I Watch Him Every Day (나는 매일 그를 훔쳐본다) by Yoo Hyun Sook (유현숙)
Screenwriter: Kim Eun Jung (김은정)

Character Descriptions
Park Shin Hye - Go Dok Mi
She is described as an urban Rapunzel, who locks herself in her apartment to shut out the outside world … though not completely. She makes it a daily ritual to spy on Han Tae Joon, a gentle doctor who lives across her building. During one of her vigils, she is caught by Han’s cousin Enrique Geum, and that’s when Dok Mi’s reclusive world rocks open.

Yoon Si Yoon - Enrique Geum
According to early descriptions, Enrique is a genius creative director who loves soccer. Based on the episode 1 trailer, it seems he also has a superiority complex. One day, he catches Go Dok Mi spying, but I think he mistakenly believes she has been eyeing him.

Kim Ji Hoon - Oh Jin Rak
He is an aspiring webtoon writer, but he might not be good at the job. Although he is a jerk, he has an offbeat charm, and according to the teaser, he has assumed the role of Go Dok Mi’s protector, which puzzles the heroine. He is also unashamed to show his jealous feelings in front of the girl he likes, which must be Go Dok Mi.

Park Su Jin - Cha Do Hui
Elegant, sociable, and a CEO of an Internet shopping mall, Cha Do Hui comes across as perfect, but it’s all a facade. She and Go Dok Mi have a rivalry that extends back to their days in high school, and somehow, their paths will cross again in the present.

Go Kyung Pyo - Oh Dong Hoon
He is Oh Jin Rak’s webtoon assistant, but their professional lives tend to blur, as Dong Hoon freeloads off his employer. In fact, his chicanery is well-known around the neighborhood, despite his charms.

Kouki Mizuta - Watanabe
He is an international student, who, based on the preview, might also be living with Oh Jin Rak.

Kim Jeong San - Han Tae Joon
He is a gentle doctor who’s also Go Dok Mi’s object of affection and Enrique’s cousin. Unbeknownst to him, Dok Mi, who lives across his building, has been watching him at all times of the day everyday.

Kim Yoon Hye - Seo Young
She is the first love and carefree best friend of Enrique Geum. On the flip side, Han Tae Joon is her first love, and her feelings seem to be reciprocated by the young physician. However, two of her guys in a romantic entanglement with Go Dok Mi? And with Oh Jin Rak having his sights on Dok Mi, will the show have a love pentagon?
Correlation Chart
Last edited by semi-fly on Feb 7th, '13, 18:21, edited 7 times in total.

nangelique

Post by nangelique » Jan 8th, '13, 04:55

Whoo, Park Shin Hye! This drama looks interesting. I'll wait until a couple of episodes are subbed before I start it though. :)

mcromance

Post by mcromance » Jan 10th, '13, 22:09

I couldn't resist to make those 2 gif-s. Yoon Shi Yoon as Enrique is fabulous :wub:

Viande

Post by Viande » Jan 28th, '13, 23:12

Thanks for the gifs. Yes, he's precious. ^^ It took me just one smile and I was sold. kkk

This was supposed to be my filler drama but it turned out to be the other way around. All thanks to some ladies and their cunning advertising. ^^ (You were right, PSH isn't that bad here)

Sham26

Post by Sham26 » Jan 28th, '13, 23:53

I had awfull exams , especially today's one and stive more to come , only that drama can brighten-up my mood. Today,I've watched ep06 since I couldn't last week, what a great one, I laughed so hard, it made me in a better mood, lot of freshness and cuteness^^
I still have a second lead syndrome, but frankly I don't mind anything. Till now it's very well written.
I think I might watch today's episode raw, hopefully I can get something and then start studying again!

Dramas thank you for existing !

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 30th, '13, 00:38

Park Shinhye is not half as annoying as I feared she would be and YSY is growing some muscles on arms, KJH is yummy as always. I jumped into the bandwagon.
For the story, ofkors.

But technical aspects (filming) are really nice too. OST, however, could be better.

P.S. Sham you biyatch!! :pale:

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 30th, '13, 00:57

I swear there is some magic in this drama that no matter how crappy you feel or had the most miserable day, it still manages to cheer you up and put a smile on your face.
After Flower Boy Ramyun Shop disaster, I never wanted to see any of Flower Boy series anymore. I am so happy that I changed my mind and decided to watch it.
my addiction to this drama gets more and more with each ep and makes waiting for new eps so hard.
have to admit that never got SLS in here but I do agree that JinRak is just so cool and lovely. I am totally on Enrique's side. I just can't have enough of his smiles, constant and non stop blabbering and his child like behaviour. It's funny because I normally hate these kinds of characters in other dramas but here, it has been my main source of happiness.
let's just hope it stays funny and entertaining all the way till the last ep.

ps. Sham, Good luck with your exams dear 8)

mcromance

Post by mcromance » Feb 6th, '13, 19:09

OMFG !!! Right now I'm so excited I think I won't be able to sleep for next 2 days.
And this is the reason:

How in the world will I be albe to survive to the next week ?! :goggle:
Last edited by mcromance on Feb 12th, '13, 18:34, edited 2 times in total.

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 6th, '13, 22:26

mcromance wrote:How in the world will I be albe to survive to the next week ?! :goggle:
I suggest selective amnesia :whistling:
:mrgreen:

mcromance

Post by mcromance » Feb 7th, '13, 08:06

Issy wrote:I suggest selective amnesia :whistling:
:mrgreen:
Hehe, if it only work that way :D
But with my luck I probably would forget how to tie my shoelaces rather than Shi Yoon's drama :doh:
Last edited by mcromance on Feb 9th, '13, 18:52, edited 1 time in total.

pekkauwer

Post by pekkauwer » Feb 7th, '13, 22:16

mcromance can you make sound gif? i like when episode 9 where the scene someone calling go dok mi in drunked way

mcromance

Post by mcromance » Feb 8th, '13, 11:42

pekkauwer wrote:mcromance can you make sound gif? i like when episode 9 where the scene someone calling go dok mi in drunked way
Sadly there's no option to make gifs with sound.
But you can cut out short video from whole episode.

It's the way I make gifs.
I cut small fragments, convert them to jpg frames and join into Photoscape or Animation Shop into final gif.

And by the way i feel like after FB end I will go through all episodes to make more gifs :D
Last edited by mcromance on Feb 9th, '13, 18:52, edited 1 time in total.

pekkauwer

Post by pekkauwer » Feb 8th, '13, 14:27

Ouch ok, but i like the scene where psh bff call her name i think, go dok, go dok mi.... i got 3 feeling at that scene
-pity
-goosebumps
-funny looking at both of their faces....

Ps i only can watch at office lol n cant download QQ

mcromance

Post by mcromance » Feb 8th, '13, 15:33

pekkauwer wrote:Ouch ok, but i like the scene where psh bff call her name i think, go dok, go dok mi.... i got 3 feeling at that scene
-pity
-goosebumps

Ahh ! I know what you're talking about. If you realy want that moment separetely I can cut it out hardsubed with english subs, resize maybe and mail it to you. Just let me know.
Last edited by mcromance on Feb 9th, '13, 18:51, edited 1 time in total.

pekkauwer

Post by pekkauwer » Feb 9th, '13, 09:12

mcromance wrote:
pekkauwer wrote:Ouch ok, but i like the scene where psh bff call her name i think, go dok, go dok mi.... i got 3 feeling at that scene
-pity
-goosebumps

Ahh ! I know what you're talking about. If you realy want that moment separetely I can cut it out hardsubed with english subs, resize maybe and mail it to you. Just let me know.
Thanks, my email arunakip@gmail.com
Appreciate it. :salut:

mcromance

Post by mcromance » Feb 9th, '13, 14:11

pekkauwer wrote:Thanks, my email arunakip@gmail.com
Appreciate it. :salut:
Ok, sent. I hope you will get it. If not, let me know and I will send again :)

pekkauwer

Post by pekkauwer » Feb 11th, '13, 07:03

Got it and thanks for the vids :D

mcromance

Post by mcromance » Feb 11th, '13, 07:58

Welcome :D
I like to spread the joy of watching "Flower Boy Next Door" to the whole world LOL

apaan

Post by apaan » Feb 12th, '13, 13:36

Hi do you guys know who stars as Bae Bok from ep 9?

mcromance

Post by mcromance » Feb 12th, '13, 13:51

apaan wrote:Hi do you guys know who stars as Bae Bok from ep 9?
Who's that Bae Bok ? Don't remember this person. If you tell me I will try to find out :)

Oh ! I know. This little fan of Enrique.
Let me find out now :)

Failed to find :cry:
But maybe someone will recognize her.
Attachments
Who's Bae Bok in real life ?
Who's Bae Bok in real life ?
kto.png (424.02 KiB) Viewed 9926 times

apaan

Post by apaan » Feb 12th, '13, 14:11

yes yes the fan of enrique who appears in ep9. i'm curious..

soulstar

Post by soulstar » Feb 16th, '13, 11:40

This drama is so good! The story, the tone, the dialogue, the acting, the chemistry; it's just great. Also, it just looks beautiful; I think the camera/the camera work add to the tone of the story. Enjoying it a-whole-lot!

kathia_sophia

Post by kathia_sophia » Feb 22nd, '13, 17:35

i LOVE this drama!!! its so funny, but Enrique is :wub:

im still on episode 7, and even though Oh Jin Rak/Oh Jae Won is the person who understands her best and her feelings, he wants to protect her too much, while Enrique wants her to live diferently and heal.
so my opinion is that Enrique is the clever one, he wants her to move on while Oh (...) doesnt help her to improve.

deargenia

Post by deargenia » Mar 5th, '13, 00:30

I love this drama! But anyone knows where I can find soft subs for ep 13-16? The website I frequented was shut down :-(

el_canuck

Post by el_canuck » Mar 5th, '13, 03:09

Great place for subs

http://freekdramaengsub.blogspot.com/20 ... drama.html

http://doramax264.info/~doramaxo/subtitles/2013/

I also like Flower Boy Next door. I am a Park Shin Hye fan.

Funny with a drama like Madam Butterfly, it should have ended at episode 30 at the latest, while the good ones like Coffee Prince, Secret Garden and now Flower Boy should keep going at least 2-3 eps more. Anyway, good luck with the subs.

Secret_Symphony

Post by Secret_Symphony » Aug 14th, '13, 20:25

I liked this one. It's more subtle and quieter than some other shows. There were some poignant parts as well as some funny moments. I could relate to the main girl having been bullied myself and I am quiet as well.

Kishimoto Ruka

Post by Kishimoto Ruka » Mar 17th, '15, 05:34

Secret_Symphony wrote:I liked this one. It's more subtle and quieter than some other shows. There were some poignant parts as well as some funny moments. I could relate to the main girl having been bullied myself and I am quiet as well.
You should have your own Enrique to cheer you up.