IRIS2 (KBS2, 2013)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
Orion1986

IRIS2 (KBS2, 2013)

Post by Orion1986 » Feb 14th, '13, 22:21

Original Title: 아이리스 2 / Airiseu 2
Genre: Action, Drama
Cast: Jang Hyuk, Lee Da Hae, Lee Beom Soo, Oh Yeon Soo, Yoon Doo Joon, Im Soo Hyang, Kim Yeong Cheol.
Directors: Kim Tae Hoon, Pyo Min Soo
Scriptwriter: Jo Gyu Won
Broadcast Network: KBS2
Number of episodes: 20
Broadcast dates: January 13, 2013 - April 18, 2013
Airtime: Wednesday & Thursday 21:55
Airitime on KBS World: Wednesday & Thursday 22:00 from March 6th.

Synopsis from Asianwiki:

Set 3 years after the death of National Intelligence Service (NIS) agent Kim Hyeon-Jun (Lee Byung-Hun), members of the National Security Service (NSS) team, including Jung Yoo-Gun (Jang Hyuk), Ji Soo-Yeon (Lee Da-Hae) and other agents attempt to pull the curtain on mysterious group IRIS.

Agent Yoo Gun is the leader of NSS TF-A team. While he goes up against Baek San (Kim Young-Chul), Yoo Gun becomes involved in a case which changes his fate forever.

Subtitles: CoolWhipKPOP or then King of Beer. The latter is almost instant.

Official Site: http://www.kbs.co.kr/drama/iris2/
Soompi Thread (Spoilers): http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/200 ... i-아이리스-ii/
Daum Search (in Korean): Here
Baidu Search (in Chinese): http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kw=IRIS2
Asianwiki: http://asianwiki.com/IRIS_2
Hancinema: http://www.hancinema.net/korean_drama_IRIS_2.php

Teaser & Trailer

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SUhhJFebexo" frameborder="0"></iframe> <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eVGJ5qtR0Dw" frameborder="0"></iframe>
Last edited by Orion1986 on Apr 22nd, '13, 21:09, edited 10 times in total.

rootabega

Post by rootabega » Feb 14th, '13, 23:20

Thank you, Orion!

I can now clog up this thread up with my "valuable insights" instead of the "what k-drama are you currently watching" thread. :D

So far, this series is looking like a case of "so many guns, so few brains" (quoting the legendary Philip Marlowe), which is more or less what I was expecting.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Feb 15th, '13, 00:44

Clog up at will! :D

I have to agree that they seem eager to get the thrills and action in first, probably to keep viewers. I personally prefer that we started this way, because I like my characterization to happen slowly and steadily.
There are some editing issues at the moment and very much like in 'IRIS', the North team is much more interesting than the South one, but I'm hoping they've learned from their mistakes, as they said they did.

I like this mystery about all the characters. Season 1 started with too much emphasis on the melo/relationship part and it got me itching to see action. I think 'IRIS' simply didn't know how to do characterization and action at the same time.
It was like two series. A melodrama about tragic love and a sleek fancy action thriller. It kept switching back and forth between what it was trying to be and it ultimately failed. I hope for a more cohesive and balanced series this time around.

rootabega

Post by rootabega » Feb 22nd, '13, 15:11

I've watched eps 1 & 2, and to use the venacular, IRIS 2 blows so far. It's like an unholy mashup of Athena (my most hated K-drama ever with its boring-ass and casual, sadistic violence) and IRIS 2 (not bad, but torpedoed by sucky melo). Right from the opening credits, I'm thinking, "This has got to be a parody, right?" Cue stock footage of South Korea's abundant military might with the voiceover of doom intoning some kind of "we've got to get our enemies (both real and imagined) before they get us" message. It's not just the North, it's the Yanks, and IRIS, and, and.... the whole world is out to get South Korea. :goggle: And because the show plays everything so straight, it comes across as self-parody. I haven't seen such heated Cold War rhetoric since Red Dawn. :mrgreen:
The gaffes and amazing leaps of logic have been catalogued elsewhere, but I'll share a couples of my faves concerning what I call "car nationalism". Every K-drama does this, i.e., everyone must drive a Kia or a Hyundai no matter what, even if it makes no sense. No problem - it's a lovable quirk, but.. In one of the chase scenes, one K-car bumps into another, and half the front end seems to pop off. Same make, same model. Oh, I get it - the unscathed model was an armoured Kia! Makes all the difference, you know. :roll Even better, when our heroes arrive in Budapest for the the seecret seeecret meeting, they plow through the streets in their diplomatic Kias. I know Kia is sold in Hungary, but let me tell you, Hungarian hospitality would forbid guests of the state from driving anything but a top-of-the-line Merc. And all that hide and seek in the crowded markets - as if any Korean could possibly blend in with the fairly homogenous locals. Major facepalm when our intrepid NSS hotshot avoids blowing his cover by turning his back on the guy he's tailing. That was a real "ostritch - head - sand" moment.
Oh, I could go on...

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Feb 22nd, '13, 15:47

I'm at episode 4 and I love this. I love it because I was prepared for all those things. I grew up on ridiculous action movies so this really doesn't seem any more far-fetched than most action.
This is a Korean drama. The fact that they even dare to veer away from sageuk, makjang and shallow rom-coms is enough. As long as they keep doing it without major screw ups, I'm good.

I seem to often be bothered by entirely different problems and mistakes than most, while I can ignore things that ruin an experience for others. I see many complain about issues in 'IRIS2' I don't mind.

Maybe it was my low expectations, but I just leave my brain at minimum functions when I watch such works so I guess 2 decades of it have trained me against action tropes.

rootabega

Post by rootabega » Feb 22nd, '13, 16:31

Orion, your approach is absolutely the right one. I grew up on cold warrior stuff myself, so I really shouldn't act so above it all :P .
I have no plans to stop watching now, which means I'm getting entertained on some level - and that's all that matters. :D
They really are trying to shoehorn cuteness into every spare moment between the chemistry-challenged leads, though. I can't see that getting less annoying.
But Lee Beom Soo will come to the rescue and neutralize the sicky sweetness with his acerbic wit and mad action skills...I hope. 8)

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Feb 23rd, '13, 16:12

The cuteness does ruin things a bit, but compared to 'IRIS', it's not as sickeningly soapy so far. I hope it stays that way. I guess, because 'IRIS' was so bad, this doesn't hurt me. XD

As for Lee Beom Soo, he always rocks and he salvages at least some part of his more problematic works and I'm loving Joong Won so far. I love his characterization to this point and Lee's performance.
Joong Won is cheerful in situations where anyone would be worried and serious. This shows us a man who has been through some reeeeal bad things, when the current stuff seems like child's play to him.

The only time he showed real worry since we met him was in Episode 4, when he saw "Captain". He looked gutted and scared. Excellent moment for the character. It makes me curious to see just what he ran away from.

I'm fine with shows that flesh out secondary characters more than the leads, but I do hope they either try and give the leads more characterization or then really flesh out the secondary ones. Yes, it's silly action, but they can try.

jO_O

Post by jO_O » Feb 23rd, '13, 16:54

I didn't find IRIS 1 so bad. It was quite good if my faulty memory serves me wrong ;)
But IRIS 2 is almost unwatchable for me !
The big reason being Lee Da Hae (the male lead, and the others, are not helping !) !!
I don't know why but i have always found her face "false", hagard and maybe expressionlessly still ?
Again, i can't quite describe the feeling. Am i the only one in this case ? ... just to reassure my brain's wrong part.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Feb 23rd, '13, 19:11

She is too plastic and probably does Botox a bit too much. I don't love her and she does rub me the wrong way, but creepy face aside, I'm fine with her work here so far.

I guess those who loved 'IRIS' are now getting something different and dislike it. I disliked 'IRIS' so I'm liking the more action/less melo approach.

rootabega

Post by rootabega » Feb 24th, '13, 03:22

Hi, Orion
See how intolerant I am? I don't even like the cute stuff. True melo, i.e. sobbing and fighting, terminal illness and door slamming, hasn't even happened yet. :P
A positive thing I think we can all agree on - Joong Won as played by LBS. Every second his character is onscreen, my attention is 100% fixed on the proceedings. He can handle a multi-dimensional performance, just as you described so well, and his action scenes are superb. Whether the material is lousy or excellent, that man always shows up for work, if you know what I mean.
That, and he is looking very good, from the tip of his head down to his blurred out sneakers (did someone neglect to pay their product placement fee?). :D

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Feb 24th, '13, 12:23

I'm preparing my stomach for the hardcore melo, because I know I'll be slamming my head against my bed and going into a fetal position of ultimate fail while watching that.
I'm still hoping it won't be too bad, although the bullet to the head and timeskip are inevitable... And if we get amnesia with that, I'll flip some tables, but I've prepared myself for it too.

As for Lee Beom Soo, it's exactly what you said. He "always shows up for work". Even in that train-wreck 'Dr. Jin', he never stopped giving 100%.
I think any production is lucky to have such actors who just do what they're paid for to the best of their abilities despite the quality of the work itself.

I think there was a comment in Dramabeans about how he can grab one's attention despite the fact most people tower over him due to his height.
It just goes to show how it's really skills and charisma that draw audiences, no matter how many "pretty people" you throw at them from every direction.

As for the... unfortunate PPL, I do think I gave that a full facepalm. It's clear they filmed it when they had the rights to show the shoes, but then the deal probably fell through.

Such series should really be on cable. You can show violence, sex, PPL is not a problem, you have time to film, ratings won't change the way the show is going.... Actually, dramas should move to cable. Period. XD

ryuwolf

Post by ryuwolf » Feb 24th, '13, 16:10

Subtitles: AsiaDramaSub
There're no subs here, i think you've gave us a wrong link ^^!

Been waiting a lot for the part 2 to come out, many of us thought that Athena is the 2nd part of IRis 2009, but it is not.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Feb 24th, '13, 16:45

Oh, good thing you reminded me. Sorry. They were pulled due to a license issue. So was the livestream. I'll change them right away. ^_^

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Feb 24th, '13, 16:45

The link is right, but requires some reading as stated:
Everything moved to twitter @ADSkingofbeer

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Feb 24th, '13, 16:55

And ryuwold, yes, 'Athena' was a spin-off. :)

ryuwolf

Post by ryuwolf » Feb 24th, '13, 21:44

Orion1986 wrote:And ryuwold, yes, 'Athena' was a spin-off. :)
Yes indeed :lol

Any idea where i can get the subs ?

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Feb 24th, '13, 22:10

For 'IRIS2'? I have changed the first post here. There is a link now.

rootabega

Post by rootabega » Feb 25th, '13, 01:25

Actually, dramas should move to cable. Period. pinch
To this overall sentiment - OH, YES. Violence has gone through the roof on regular TV, but even a whiff of mature, consensual sexuality - Oh, nooooo!!! Think of the children. :whistling:
I know I hold a minority opinion on this board, but arrrrggghhh...
Sorry for the OT.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Feb 25th, '13, 01:50

It's not OT, really. We got sex and plenty of violence in 'IRIS2'. It's part of the noteworthy things. :-)

jO_O

Post by jO_O » Feb 25th, '13, 15:40

Orion1986 wrote:She is too plastic and probably does Botox a bit too much. I don't love her and she does rub me the wrong way, but creepy face aside, I'm fine with her work here so far.

I guess those who loved 'IRIS' are now getting something different and dislike it. I disliked 'IRIS' so I'm liking the more action/less melo approach.
Thanks, Orion1986, my brain's wrong part is not so wrong then :)

I aknowledge -hum hum- that Lee Bum Soo has a little (big ?) something that a lot of actors (can i include actresses ?) lack, or at least have noticably less. He has a likable and expressive face, with all its tiny muscles used frequently, and a powerfull voice, if i'm not mistaken. But sometimes, i feel like he is overdoing it a little bit, but again it can be an other part of my brain that went wrong ;)

rootabega

Post by rootabega » Feb 25th, '13, 16:29

jO_O:
Sorry to butt in, heh heh, but your impression of LBS is not that off. He can (and does) chew the scenery like a champion. With an actor of his ability this can be quite enjoyable. However, I find that this kind of performance is ideally blended with a more active kind of role than a limited chamber piece (Giant can lean this way, despite being an awesome drama).
In my perfect world, LBS would:
1. always play the lead
2. sing, dance and/or fight in abundance :D

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Feb 25th, '13, 16:35

Your brain works fine. Ahaha. It's called preferences and opinions and it's not a mental illness. You've just been hanging around fangirls too long. They look at everything through rose-tinted glasses and anyone finding flaws is nuts to them.

As for Lee Beom Soo, he does overdo it sometimes and I think a lot of people who do comedy often have that same issue. Their overly-energetic har-har mode sometimes seeps into their dramatic moments as well.
I've seen him do subtle drama very well too, but sometimes he just steers back into hyper territory. It's thankfully not too big a problem and it does make him terribly interesting so I'm fine with it being part of the package.

For actors, there are three things that make that package. Skills, talent and charisma. All of those are equally important and not worth much without the others.
There are actors with incredible skills and talent who, despite those and brilliant performances, will not get you glued to your screen. Lee is the kind that does.

And coming back to Lee Da Hae now, I think that she has what it takes to be really good, which makes the fact that she has numbed her face so much even sadder.
Still, she at least has enough skills to not ruin immersion in any way and given how often we get utterly useless leads based on looks alone, it's fortunate it's her.

And rootabega, as ripped as he is, he'll eventually get too old for the dancing and fighting, so I think the fact that he takes on different types of roles and keeps working on his skills is the smart way to go. :P

Now then, is anyone else more excited by Room 35 and what will happen with the North than the fact that the lead will get shot? Bwahaha. I honestly don't give a damn about the South guys at this point. XD

I hope to see more of Cheol Yeong too. He was my favorite in 'IRIS' and I think Kim Seung Woo has helped make him a very interesting character. I felt this in the first series too.
It's like the South are the kids and the North the adults. 'IRIS' and the North are those of importance and the South are just headless chickens running around trying to participate.

rootabega

Post by rootabega » Feb 25th, '13, 19:24

Awwww, OK, I'll settle for "always plays the lead" in my idealized little world.
I just wanna see LBS show off his mad triple threat skills. He is like the James Cagney of Korea. :D (A huge compliment BTW, as I adore classical Hollywood).

I want to know what's in Room 35!

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Feb 25th, '13, 19:52

Joong Won seemed to love the lecture about that car bomb in Budapest, so I'm guessing Room 35 was some super secret weapon-of-mass-destruction experiment thingy. The scientific term. :P
Given that he was a team leader and that he quit and ran, it must have been some pretty scary sh*t they were doing over there. If so, IRIS would want it, but they aren't after Joong Won, it seems.

That's what is confusing me. They are keeping this Room 35 mysterious, as if it's important and Choi Min mentioned an old facility, but Baek San is the one they're after, not Joong Won. So maybe it's unrelated?
I do hope we'll get some big epic conspiracy goodness in the plot, because 'IRIS' seemed to barely scratch the surface and I want bigger, nastier things this time. More Baek San, more light on 'IRIS', more Room 35.

Ueto_senshi

Post by Ueto_senshi » Feb 25th, '13, 20:07

As I expected Iris 2 is good.
However Jang Hyuk looks like mighty agent a bit different than Lee Byung Hun in the beginning. As for main female lead I miss a bit Kim Tae Hee.
Lee Da Hae is not bad but she was injured too many times so far at least for me but she can fight unlike Kim Tae Hee.
Im Soo Hyang is like crazy women and plays her role very well so far.
But one thing is still confusing me who exactly killed Kim Hyun Joon?
Because in the movie they showed Kim Seon Hwa as sniper and I thought she was an Iris agent. Then in Athena she had family.
Here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... JMmzD5Jal4
Then when second season started they showed completely different sniper and it was Ray.

Second question would be why Jin Sa Woo is alive thye put him in the second trailer during boxer fight but I can't spot him when I watch that momen in first episode.
I have much more questions but I hope they'll explain them.

Anyway I can't wait for next episode.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Feb 25th, '13, 20:55

Welcome to the conversation. The more the merrier.

I think 'Athena' was a prequel, actually? What kind of family did she have there? There was mention of her family being killed in 'IRIS', but since Yeon Hwa hasn't been seen in 10 years (in the current 'IRIS2' timeline), she was probably missing already.
As for the movie, it's lame, but I assume they just cancelled what happened there. I mean, Cheol Yeong is alive and kicking, so unless he's a zombie, then the movie never happened. :lol So yes, Ray and Yeon Hwa shot Hyun Joon. If 'IRIS2' is what "counts".

And Sa Woo, I have no idea if that was a deleted scene or if they're saving some surprise. Maybe they planned to have the Cambodia timeline be in the past when he was alive and then decided it will happen 3 years after 'IRIS'.
It's clearly 3 years after he has died, so again, either he pulled a Jesus on everybody and will come back to shock us in a revealing flashback to that place or then they just changed the plot and decided to cut that scene after all.

I am very curious to see where Yeon Hwa and Joong Won will go after escaping the North. I'm sure Yeon Hwa will eventually learn IRIS tried to kill her and I'm also sure Joong Won will throw the biggest "I told you so" in her face.
I always assumed they'll side with the South eventually, since they're not shown as villains, but neither Joong Won nor Yeon Hwa seem to be the least bit interested in that at the moment. I wonder what will eventually push them there.

shid0

Post by shid0 » Feb 25th, '13, 23:07

thx

Kilkey

Iris

Post by Kilkey » Feb 26th, '13, 00:41

Iris 2.. can someone please re-seed Iris so the people that have not seen Iris, know what Iris is about before watching Iris 2.

Thank You!~

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Feb 26th, '13, 08:57

I think you would be fine without watching 'IRIS', but if you want to and the seeds are too low, you can also watch it streaming.

ryuwolf

Post by ryuwolf » Feb 26th, '13, 13:54

Orion1986 wrote:For 'IRIS2'? I have changed the first post here. There is a link now.
THank you a lot ^^

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Feb 26th, '13, 13:58

ryuwolf wrote: THank you a lot ^^
Don't mention it. If any of you spot dead links and such, do tell me.

Ueto_senshi

Post by Ueto_senshi » Feb 27th, '13, 20:12

Yes Athena was prequel, but they mention Iris few times and they showed Kim Seon Hwa and her family in New Zealand. She had husband and daughter but they were killed by North Korean agents. They were send to kill Seon Hwa because she escaped from country. Park Chul Young predicted that and send one guy to rescue her but he arrived there too late. When assassins come into Seon Hwa house she woke up and eliminate them however they killed her husband and daughter then one of the assassins phones started ringing and she pick up it, she heard Park Chul Young. Apparently that assassins was one of his men but he was also receiving orders from other guy and he was sent to kill Seon Hwa. Unfortunately when she pick up phone and heard his voice she thought that he send those guys to kill her and she promised revenge upon him and North Korea.
Indeed her family was killed by north koreans in Iris however it was her parents and siblings. They were killed because she took the whole blame upon herself for a failure in Hungary.

Looks like Yeon Hwa had a huge grudge against North and she'll know that Iris was trying to kill her, so I think she will join forces with South.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Feb 27th, '13, 21:03

Thank you for that lovely summary. I'm also thinking Yeon Hwa and Joong Won will probably end up with the South, or at least Cheol Yeong's side. He had been pretty good to Seon Hwa personally, as far as I know.
Maybe the North and South will work together again, this time even more so than in 'IRIS'. This would also get IRIS pissed, since unification and cooperation between the North and South is what they don't want.

I can't wait for the subtitles for today's episode. They cut back on the action and revealed a lot about the characters, including the North side, so I'm looking forward to understanding things 100%. Tomorrow it is.

muffin888

Where To Get English Subtitles For IRIS 2?

Post by muffin888 » Mar 17th, '13, 09:00

Where can i find english suntitles for IRIS 2?

Thank you.

koitsu

Post by koitsu » Mar 17th, '13, 10:16

Probably the incorrect place to ask, but I would suggest dramafever.com.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 17th, '13, 10:42

I sense someone has problems with reading.

Orion1986

Re: Where To Get English Subtitles For IRIS 2?

Post by Orion1986 » Mar 18th, '13, 00:21

muffin888 wrote:Where can i find english suntitles for IRIS 2?

Thank you.
Go to the first post, read, feel silly and guilty for not taking the time to do that before asking, slap yourself on the forehead on my behalf.

You're welcome.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Mar 29th, '13, 17:13

I so hope that agent in real life are better than that!
But anyway It is not that this show is bad is just that:
1. there is something like too much romance in action drama.. or angst.. or memory loss
2. half of cast should have been fired on pinciples as they are poor agents or managers and breaking all possible codes not to mention lacking common sence
3. I can't even attached myself to anybody here: 2 main characters can kill themself for all I care (and safe me from eye-rolling all the time), the Beast guy is bland (sorry, I like Beast still ) which is scenario fault btw, Joon do not stick out, I hate new chief of security (as all fanatic people no matter of side there are on) - that's remaind me -
they better not killed my favorite person in all Iris/Athena thing ever! OK I am sure he is with my second favorite North Korea ex spy
- in fact only people I am a bit interested in are that sister girl and boss lady which is sad, so sad :cry: how it can be action drama without hot and interesting characters :glare:
and it had nice begining :-( ok back to ep 11
I need to understand wisdom of keeping 'kicked my puppy eyes" guy alive as I can't find any
btw there is one thing good here - nobody is making others die in complicated way - which is the biggest problem in US dramas/movies - it always make me think I would be best asassin ever - I would kill fast, simple and efficiently, no long speaches and other stupid show-off things that give others time for rescue mission... but they should work on accuracy - they miss their shots way too often (and vests are normal.. ) eh I should stop right here

and after 13th episode:
the thing that keeps me on is how much you can tangle plot even more (it's like familly drama - everybody connected and even by blood) and Joon - only agent there to act like agent not like hormonal teenager without a bit of responsability (probably becouse they gave him no background at all so there is no grandfather responsible for nuclear program to make apperance and mess with his preformance :P ). If he was this second inside link I would be happy - my theory about hottest guys always on enemy side would be proved right and nice reminder from first Iris (it was not the same after TOP was killed :cry: ). And it will be more interesting.. but I do not see any hints to point in this direction :-(

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Mar 31st, '13, 17:02

The series is unfortunately insane.

As you said, too much angst, melo, lack of professionalism, too many characters, too spread-out "storytelling" and not enough time for them to possibly develop everything as it should be.
They are just useless in front of their own vision. Big budget, talented cast, good ideas, but the whole is a complete mess. Not to mention it's trying to be 'IRIS' all over again. The fail is strong. XD
Last edited by Orion1986 on Apr 7th, '13, 05:16, edited 1 time in total.

shiofmedea

Post by shiofmedea » Apr 4th, '13, 23:14

Ha! Who is the best? I am the best!
Or rather cliche here is epic, hmm
anyway Joon is bad guy as I totaly predicted based on appareance alone (as general stupidy of this show do not allow to go with logic). YES!!! Joon, second cookie for me, please! Still waiting for resurection of my favorite NK agent with more hope then ever

ImL0st

Post by ImL0st » Apr 5th, '13, 05:03

Orion1986 wrote:The series is unfortunately insane.

As you said, too much angst, melo, lack of professionalism, too many characters, too spread-out "storytelling" and not enough time for them to possible develop everything as it should be.
They are just useless in front of their own vision. Big budget, talented cast, good ideas, but the whole is a complete mess. Not to mention it's trying to be 'IRIS' all over again. The fail is strong. XD
Yep, failed, BIG time, lolz.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Apr 6th, '13, 19:33

Totally agree with Orion's opinion re this drama being insane. It is like a crazy quilt with none of the pieces sewn together. I have no idea who is doing what or where they are when doing it. I am not following closely of course, but even so it appears a rambling wreck with a motley crew of a cast
.Needs a demolition squad pronto.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Apr 7th, '13, 05:18

I am convinced more than 1 person is writing it, since some parts and characters worked (in some scenes).
The one putting it all together must be on heavy drugs though. It's the only explanation for sucking this badly.

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Apr 20th, '13, 06:06

Alrighty I just watched episode 20 after skipping 11-19, I may also have forgotten a lot of what happened in1-10, and I have a few questions.

1.) Where did Kim Gab Soo come from? What was his characters name? What was his role in the story?

2.) Where did the deputy director go? Did she turn out to be a traitor?

3.) Why did Yoo Gun die for no reason while he was piloting the helicopter with the bomb on it? Do they know that since the bomb exploded in the air and not the water Seoul is still in danger?

4.) I heard Kim So Yeon had a cameo, was that few seconds with Im Soo Hyang at the end really all we get? Was that really a promo telling us Kim So Yeon and Im Soo Hyang are getting their own spin off where they do nothing but kick ass? If it was I can't wait if it wasn't lamest cameo ever.

5.) Why did Lee Bum Soo, Jang Hyuk, Lee Da Hae, Yoon So Yi, Im Soo Hyang, and, Baek Sung Hyun do this show?

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Apr 20th, '13, 19:56

Sajen16 wrote:Alrighty I just watched episode 20 after skipping 11-19, I may also have forgotten a lot of what happened in1-10, and I have a few questions.

1.) Where did Kim Gab Soo come from? What was his characters name? What was his role in the story?

2.) Where did the deputy director go? Did she turn out to be a traitor?

3.) Why did Yoo Gun die for no reason while he was piloting the helicopter with the bomb on it? Do they know that since the bomb exploded in the air and not the water Seoul is still in danger?

4.) I heard Kim So Yeon had a cameo, was that few seconds with Im Soo Hyang at the end really all we get? Was that really a promo telling us Kim So Yeon and Im Soo Hyang are getting their own spin off where they do nothing but kick ass? If it was I can't wait if it wasn't lamest cameo ever.

5.) Why did Lee Bum Soo, Jang Hyuk, Lee Da Hae, Yoon So Yi, Im Soo Hyang, and, Baek Sung Hyun do this show?
1. He is the older twin brother of the quadriplegic man who helped Hyun Joon in 'IRIS'. He was Yoo Jeong Hoon, this one is Yoo Jeong Cheol. He was Mr.X, he is Mr. Black. Yes, it is lame.

2. She wanted to hand the nukes over to the U.S, so yes, she turned out to be a traitor, even though her concerns were understandable and goals honorable.

3. He had the bullet in his head which was making him a violent jerk and ultimately killed him. I guess he knew it so he went for noble idiocy instead of getting it removed and getting his head cured.
I doubt they know much about how nukes work, since they could not even design the damn mushroom cloud realistically. I doubt they had the time or brains to care, but yes, the general area is f*cked now.

4. It was a pathetic cameo and maybe there will be an 'IRIS3', but we don't know and nothing has been signed. I somehow doubt these ladies want to come back to this disastrous franchise.
Plus, the characters found each other and have been through quite a lot already, I doubt they want to come back into action and them running away for an entire series does not sound fun.

5. Because when actors sign up for a show (especially early on), they have little to no knowledge of what will become of it. At best, they have some early character descriptions and maybe a synopsis of how things are planned to go.
However, that always changes based on ratings, time, budget etc, since live-filming sucks. If they're lucky or join later, the scripts for 1-3 episodes are done. They sign up for an interesting idea and with the hope it won't get butchered.

Unfortunately, the cast of 'IRIS2' signed up with money-focused useless people.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Apr 29th, '13, 19:53

Dear Orion,
Your answers in the above posting are much clearer than anything I managed to watch in this drama. what a waste of actors and reels of film. They earned their fee by just the running and heavy breathing. They sure didn't have to think about acting.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Apr 30th, '13, 07:55

Peggy wrote:Dear Orion,
Your answers in the above posting are much clearer than anything I managed to watch in this drama. what a waste of actors and reels of film. They earned their fee by just the running and heavy breathing. They sure didn't have to think about acting.
At least they got good exercise. :P But yes, other than the basics of pay and experience, it was a total waste of talents, money and time.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » May 15th, '13, 21:49

IRIS....Is it still growing???

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 17th, '13, 00:51

Peggy wrote:IRIS....Is it still growing???
I hope not, but the ending did remain open for an 'IRIS 3'. I sincerely hope it never happens. I don't want this crap to turn into a financially successful trend.
Everyone else will try to mimic it when making big budget action and then we'll be up to our assorted gems in crappy PPL-ridden messed up dramas.

Not that we're not now, but this was extra crappy, for its type.