My Name is Kim Sam-Soon (MBC, 2005)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
Paniolagirl

Post by Paniolagirl » Jul 25th, '05, 14:23

Did I miss episode 15 when it was upkoaded? Did a search and could not find it. Disregard file just uploaded.

apples

Post by apples » Jul 25th, '05, 19:23

Ep 15 is the last episode to be uploaded (that is if it's only 16 episodes).

iluvu43va143

Post by iluvu43va143 » Jul 26th, '05, 02:15

this drama is pretty good. at first, i like hyun bin with ss but after learning the truth about his ex, i actualli like him wit his ex better. his ex has to go through so much and was still in love wit him so i tink they're a better match. the scenes with them together are jus soo sweet and touching. i wish they're together. ss likes him and they're funni together but if u were to compare the situation, his ex deserves him more than ss. tat's jus my thought.

CiNN

Post by CiNN » Jul 26th, '05, 14:00

so how much episode are there ?

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Jul 26th, '05, 14:04

CiNN wrote:so how much episode are there ?
16 eps total and 15 already have english subtitle files, thanks to the individuals who devoted their time to the series.

CiNN

Post by CiNN » Jul 26th, '05, 14:07

do korean have like 2 eps per week ?
because it ended fast

miriko

Post by miriko » Jul 26th, '05, 14:22

yes, koreans air two episodes per week.....

il_mare

Post by il_mare » Jul 26th, '05, 15:16

PinkieJosie wrote:how good is this series? Is this totally reccomanded it?
If it was the end of the world and you only have 16 hours left to catch one last kdrama, this is the one to pick! Drop all the rest! This is the best! :wub: :wub:

sansan143

Post by sansan143 » Jul 26th, '05, 17:52

omg! im on ep 12 and im dying to find out what happens next! :)

jellybean

Post by jellybean » Jul 26th, '05, 20:02

is Hyun Bin in Kim Bum Soo's 'Memory' video..???

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Jul 26th, '05, 23:49

jellybean wrote:is Hyun Bin in Kim Bum Soo's 'Memory' video..???
Yes, he is. I love that video! :wub:

cewek

unknow song

Post by cewek » Jul 27th, '05, 00:34

hey there....
Does anyone know the song's title on episode 6 that was sang by sam soon, and hyun bin played the melody.
The song was played several times on the later episode.
I dl the OST, but its not there. :-( It seems its a korean oldies.
I love the song so much.
If anyone can tell me where I can get it, I would really appriciate it.

Co0kieD

Post by Co0kieD » Jul 27th, '05, 06:08

Kamui6 wrote:
16 eps total and 15 already have english subtitle files, thanks to the individuals who devoted their time to the series.
hey, quick question. where can i download these subtitle files?

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Jul 27th, '05, 14:03

Co0kieD wrote:
Kamui6 wrote:
Fellow New Yorker[although i am LI] , you can find them here http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopi ... sc&start=0 .

cwin13

Post by cwin13 » Jul 27th, '05, 15:21

iluvu43va143 wrote:this drama is pretty good. at first, i like hyun bin with ss but after learning the truth about his ex, i actualli like him wit his ex better. his ex has to go through so much and was still in love wit him so i tink they're a better match. the scenes with them together are jus soo sweet and touching. i wish they're together. ss likes him and they're funni together but if u were to compare the situation, his ex deserves him more than ss. tat's jus my thought.
I felt the same way at first. But I think that was the whole point of this series, is that it goes against normal conventions of korean dramas.

Co0kieD

Post by Co0kieD » Jul 27th, '05, 16:24

Kamui6 wrote:
Co0kieD wrote:
Kamui6 wrote: 16 eps total and 15 already have english subtitle files, thanks to the individuals who devoted their time to the series.
Fellow New Yorker[although i am LI] , you can find them here http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopi ... sc&start=0 .
haha, thanks. eh, little neck is technically LI anyway, so i guess we're in the same general neighborhood huh?

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jaycee05 » Jul 28th, '05, 03:08

cwin13 wrote:
iluvu43va143 wrote:this drama is pretty good. at first, i like hyun bin with ss but after learning the truth about his ex, i actualli like him wit his ex better. his ex has to go through so much and was still in love wit him so i tink they're a better match. the scenes with them together are jus soo sweet and touching. i wish they're together. ss likes him and they're funni together but if u were to compare the situation, his ex deserves him more than ss. tat's jus my thought.
I felt the same way at first. But I think that was the whole point of this series, is that it goes against normal conventions of korean dramas.
Well, I still haven't finish this drama (I'm at ep14)
He does look good with Hee Jin, and everytime they show their flashbacks together, I remember Samsoon's line " are you flaunting your love in front of me?" and I feel sorry for Samsoon. I kinda get mad when they show how happy they used to be(HJ and SAmshik). Of course, I'll side with samsoon, she's our heroine, after all....and also maybe a smug-kinda-feeling-of-satisfaction that a simple, tungtunghan (?) (but smart 8) ) old maid can also get a pretty guy like Hyunbin.
As for my feelings for Hyunbin, they go up and down a lot. Damn, that guy can't make up his mind...I wanna shake his head a lot of times. He frustrates me too much.
But I forgive him, whenever he's with Samsoon. he he he
Although, I really don't feel anything except giddy laughter with his supposedly romantic scenes with Samsoon.
Yes...Sam-soon really holds this drama together. What a funny girl! :lol

zdoon
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by zdoon » Jul 28th, '05, 15:34

the one thing i like about this show is that in one of the episodes they were playing music from one of my favorite k indie pop groups, Linus' Blanket. :) the music in general is good though.

iwillnotloveyoulongtime

So sad...

Post by iwillnotloveyoulongtime » Jul 28th, '05, 15:59

....that it's over for me. I wish this series went on longer. I loved it!

shiro401

Post by shiro401 » Jul 28th, '05, 16:15

A little question I hope someone could give a light to... Hyun Bin's character was called Jin Hyun in this drama, and yet Sam Soon called him Sam Shik. What does Sam Shik means anyway?

iwillnotloveyoulongtime

Post by iwillnotloveyoulongtime » Jul 28th, '05, 16:19

shiro401 wrote:A little question I hope someone could give a light to... Hyun Bin's character was called Jin Hyun in this drama, and yet Sam Soon called him Sam Shik. What does Sam Shik means anyway?
I think it means third son ?

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Jul 28th, '05, 16:28

shiro401 wrote:A little question I hope someone could give a light to... Hyun Bin's character was called Jin Hyun in this drama, and yet Sam Soon called him Sam Shik. What does Sam Shik means anyway?
It meant Three Stone.
It stemed from a dispute between Sam Soon and Jin Hyun. She hated her name and he said he likes her name. So she retorted how would he feel if people called him Sam Shik (Three Stone).

jayph

Post by jayph » Jul 28th, '05, 19:08

i feel sad now... cuz the drama is over :(

sansan143

Post by sansan143 » Jul 28th, '05, 19:30

i watched the last episode earlier and i'm sad that it has to end. :-(

00dwan

Sam Soon and Sam Shik

Post by 00dwan » Jul 28th, '05, 19:49

In Korea, "soon" is a generic stereotypical ending to a girl's name and "shik" is the same for a boy. Sam Soon is a very silly sounding name. Sam meaning "three." So if you were to name 3 girls in a very generic stereotypical way, it would be "Il Soon", "Yi Soon", and "Sam Soon." Il, Yi, Sam means 1, 2, 3. That's why she doesn't like her name and she explains at some point in the show that it was something her grandfather blurted out accidentally after being surprised she was born a girl and not a boy.

So she says to Jin Hyun: You don't understand how I feel. How would you like it if you were named "Sam Shik".

In other words, Sam Shik is the male version of the name Sam Soon.

Hope that clears things up a bit...

shiro401

Post by shiro401 » Jul 29th, '05, 00:06

Thanks for the explanations. Now the question niggling at the back of my head could be put to rest :D

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Re: Sam Soon and Sam Shik

Post by Jannah » Jul 29th, '05, 01:43

00dwan wrote:In other words, Sam Shik is the male version of the name Sam Soon.
:lol I haven't watched this series, but I wanted to say that that's so cute.

cetok

Post by cetok » Jul 29th, '05, 03:33

i really enjoying myself with this drama

vicky

Post by vicky » Jul 30th, '05, 13:40

it seems that the end isn't one. I mean that we don't know if sam soon's sister will end with the manager or not. And the couple (Sam soon and Hun) are not going to marry because of the guy's mother. And what about his job ? Will he work in hotel or still working at the restaurant ? Wil they adopt Mo-Ji ?
So many questions.
i have the feeling that the serie is not ending. It could be great if they make "my name is Sam Soon 2".

shiro401

Post by shiro401 » Jul 31st, '05, 00:45

If they do, I hope the sequel would be as good as the first one. So many of them were big disappointment. But it surely be a treat to see Hyun Bin, Kim Sun Ah and Daniel Henney in the same screen again... :D

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Jul 31st, '05, 05:12

vicky wrote:It could be great if they make "my name is Sam Soon 2".
They might, considering the success. And it seems like there's still room for more plot development in the drama.

vicky

Post by vicky » Jul 31st, '05, 12:08

Junnah, i feel the same thing. Hope that they'll do "my lovely samsoon 2".

jennerz

Post by jennerz » Aug 1st, '05, 01:28

i jess finished watching it in 3 days. =) it was so kyoote =] hyun bin is definitely hot stuff. he looked hella hot in all the clothing he wore! =) the girl, forgot her name is so funny and definitely played the part well. the korean american guy was hot too.

faithfulpoison

Downloading

Post by faithfulpoison » Aug 1st, '05, 02:35

Hey! I just read all your wonderful comments about the show! I also learned about your "Club Box"? Well, I tried downloading somehow and I can't due to the fact that the characters are all messed up (No Korean font). I really want to download a few episodes besides recording Sam-Soon on T.V. Does anybody know any good sites that have the episodes in English or what not? And if anyone is able to, try www.yousendit.com. I believe you can upload files there and link them to where ever you want them to be uploaded. Thanks a bunch! :D

cuteangelika

Post by cuteangelika » Aug 1st, '05, 05:16

After watching this drama, I find it hard to be interested in other series... It's like, would any other drama be as fun to watch as MNKSS?

But ofcourse, I'm still hoping there are good dramas to watch out there... even after MNKSS.. Do you have any recommendations?

Lil_Bubot

Post by Lil_Bubot » Aug 1st, '05, 20:02

What I really like about this drama is it's uniqueness of it... Not your typical k-drama... First of all the the heroine is not your typical one... she's chubby, not that pretty and kinda ruff!!! but that's what makes is so great... because the more you watch the story, you start to like her a lot, not because of what she looks like... but because of her personality and her dorkiness..hehehehe :D ... I also like the fact that what's hers is hers and she will not give up her love for Sham-shik without a fight... or just because the other girl is SICK!!! YOU GO GIrl!! That's right... All is fair in Love and War!!! This series is highly recommended and hopefully there's going to be a part 2 :unsure: ... oh yeah! both the guys are hot!! Sham-shik (Hyun Bin) and the korean american guy (Henry).. Love there... and There's definitely no complains about the Kim Sam Soons Kisses.... WOW! She might be chubby and oridinary looking woman.. but those are definetely HOT Kissing!!! :P I think that's how she got the Sham-shik..hehehehehe :D

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Aug 2nd, '05, 01:35

I just watched the first episode last night, and it was really fun! :D I'm looking forward to watching more when I get back from work today.

Kaila

Post by Kaila » Aug 2nd, '05, 19:58

I'm halfway done in watching this series and its great! I had to get like a bunch of tissues coz of the touching dialogues. Its nice to see a unusual heroine. I mean, the heroine is suppose to play a role wherein she's not pretty right?
Oh! and I find the mothers in this series hillarious. The way the keep hitting the younger characters. :lol

kimmie_ai_ni4

Post by kimmie_ai_ni4 » Aug 2nd, '05, 20:11

one of mah fave !!!! i fell in love with hyun bin here//////// :wub:

Taekkyon_V

Post by Taekkyon_V » Aug 4th, '05, 02:03

I just finished the series and I thought it was great! I actually didn't find it that funny after just watching the first episode, but it really picked up in the second and I was hooked. The NG's are hilarious too.

I really hope they make a kim sam soon 2.

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Aug 4th, '05, 02:23

OMG, episode 2 was so bloody funny! :rofl:

Taekkyon_V

Post by Taekkyon_V » Aug 4th, '05, 02:49

OMG, episode 2 was so bloody funny! -Jannah

Yah when there was that dance scene, I woke my neighbors... totally worth it.

calla9

Post by calla9 » Aug 4th, '05, 03:15

Hey, i think theres' a typo with the title. the name should be Samsuni and not Sam Soon.

Thank you for introduce this funny and interesting series. I heard this was rated #1 in Korean.

jyu3

Post by jyu3 » Aug 4th, '05, 03:57

Hey, I just finished watching this series and its sooo goood!! I find this to be one of the best drama i've seen in awhile. It was so funny and kept me entertained. its soo good, I do hope they make kim sam soon 2! i would be looking forward to it.

onoturtle
Fansubber
Fansubber

Re: Downloading

Post by onoturtle » Aug 4th, '05, 04:37

faithfulpoison wrote:Hey! I just read all your wonderful comments about the show! I also learned about your "Club Box"? Well, I tried downloading somehow and I can't due to the fact that the characters are all messed up (No Korean font). I really want to download a few episodes besides recording Sam-Soon on T.V. Does anybody know any good sites that have the episodes in English or what not? And if anyone is able to, try www.yousendit.com. I believe you can upload files there and link them to where ever you want them to be uploaded. Thanks a bunch! :D
You're on a good site already :D Check the FAQ post to learn how to download and view the subtitles around here. Then head to the subtitle thread here. And that should be all you need...

*sigh* I'm sitting here twiddling my thumbs waiting for an hour and a half to pass and for My Lovely Sam-soon (as they call it here in Hawaii) ep 3 to air :) I still dunno what the big deal is over this show, but I have nothing to complain about so far, so here I am waiting to continue watching haha Perhaps it's still too early for me to feel the Sam-soon rush :lol

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Aug 5th, '05, 03:05

Taekkyon_V wrote:OMG, episode 2 was so bloody funny! -Jannah

:lol I was hysterical during that scene! But my favourite scene has got to be the one at the ATM when she turned around & told Jin Heon, "Don't look!" but proceeded to read out her PIN number! :rofl:

xKiMix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by xKiMix » Aug 5th, '05, 03:31

Jannah wrote:
Taekkyon_V wrote:OMG, episode 2 was so bloody funny! -Jannah

:lol I was hysterical during that scene! But my favourite scene has got to be the one at the ATM when she turned around & told Jin Heon, "Don't look!" but proceeded to read out her PIN number! :rofl:
Aww i love that scene!!! it was soo funny, i also like the part when he was carring her on his back and she kept hitting him with the stuff toy. gosh i love this series! so entertainng!! :D

Lil_Bubot

Post by Lil_Bubot » Aug 5th, '05, 04:02

SPOILER ALERT!!!
Jannah wrote:
Taekkyon_V wrote:
OMG, episode 2 was so bloody funny! -Jannah

I was hysterical during that scene! But my favourite scene has got to be the one at the ATM when she turned around & told Jin Heon, "Don't look!" but proceeded to read out her PIN number!

Aww i love that scene!!! it was soo funny, i also like the part when he was carring her on his back and she kept hitting him with the stuff toy. gosh i love this series! so entertainng!!
HHAHAHAHHA!! :D I know how you guyz feel... There's so many extremely funny moments in this series...I don't know where to begin!!! another favorite scene of mine.. since you guyz already mentioned the ATM and the Dancing.. I would say when both of them is the bathroom..when he run out of toilet paper and she just let it out!!! (FARTED!!!)..and what type of guy is he? A, B, C type..hehehehe. :D so funny!! I started crying :cry: !! One of my fav series!!!

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Aug 5th, '05, 04:34

xKiMix wrote:i also like the part when he was carring her on his back and she kept hitting him with the stuff toy. gosh i love this series! so entertainng!! :D
:lol Actually, I couldn't believe he let her do that. I thought any other guy would just drop her right there & get as far away as possible.

Saragorn
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Saragorn » Aug 5th, '05, 04:37

That's because he deserved mistreatment for what he had recently done, and he knew it.

However, half the show is spent on the poor guy getting beaten by the entire female cast. :D Great stuff.

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jaycee05 » Aug 5th, '05, 04:57

Jannah wrote:
xKiMix wrote:i also like the part when he was carring her on his back and she kept hitting him with the stuff toy. gosh i love this series! so entertainng!! :D
:lol Actually, I couldn't believe he let her do that. I thought any other guy would just drop her right there & get as far away as possible.
Episode 2 is one of my favorite episodes too!!!
When he'd put her down on the side of the street, I thought he was gonna leave her, bUt did she really urinate on his back??!!! That was just unthinkable, beats the farting scene... :lol

Taekkyon_V

Post by Taekkyon_V » Aug 5th, '05, 06:17

*kind of a spoiler*
Was episode 2 also the one where hyun bin walked past the workers and said "She slept with me last night" and just walks right by them? If it was... man that was a good episode. But I especially love the girl who assists Sam Soon. Her dialect in Korean is great!

vni

Post by vni » Aug 5th, '05, 10:06

My favorite is the scene where Samsoon was talking with Henry in her broken english! it was hillarious, especially the way she said "Oh my God" after finding out that hyeJin and Samshik were in the room together. Other than Henry whose first language is english, I think most of the actors here speaks pretty good english. much better compared to the actors in Love Story in Harvard. I love this series.

tsp_uk

Post by tsp_uk » Aug 5th, '05, 10:26

Taekkyon_V wrote:*kind of a spoiler*
Was episode 2 also the one where hyun bin walked past the workers and said "She slept with me last night" and just walks right by them? If it was... man that was a good episode. But I especially love the girl who assists Sam Soon. Her dialect in Korean is great!
Is that the girl who has never been kissed or something? I remember in the beginning of episode 2 she was saying something about her dialect. Because I am not Korean can someone explain what was so different about her dialect? Was she speaking something completely different?

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Aug 5th, '05, 11:15

tsp_uk wrote:
Is that the girl who has never been kissed or something? I remember in the beginning of episode 2 she was saying something about her dialect. Because I am not Korean can someone explain what was so different about her dialect? Was she speaking something completely different?
I saw in an article that she grew up in various countries.

http://english.chosun.com/w21data/html/ ... 40021.html
Her awkward accent, the product of a long time living abroad, is no longer a minus factor for the actress, who was brought up in Japan as well as in the United States. Instead, her unique slow pronunciation adds to the charm of the character.

belle83

Post by belle83 » Aug 5th, '05, 16:48

hello sam soonies... need some help here. can someone kindly tell me where can i dl the last episode (16). is it uploaded? coz i couldnt find it... hv finished till ep.15 and cant wait to watch da ending... can someone help!!.. thanx in advance!!

miriko

Post by miriko » Aug 5th, '05, 16:59

Kamui6,

I dont think they are referring to Kim Su-a, which grew up in different countries, I think they are referring to the assistant of Sam Soon at the restaurant. Her assistant (the girl who had never been kissed) comes from the countryside so she speaks with a thick accent...

Well, thats what I got from it anyway....

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Aug 5th, '05, 17:16

miriko wrote:Kamui6,

I dont think they are referring to Kim Su-a, which grew up in different countries, I think they are referring to the assistant of Sam Soon at the restaurant. Her assistant (the girl who had never been kissed) comes from the countryside so she speaks with a thick accent...

I think you may have read a different article. There is no mention of the girl who plays her asst.
Sam-soon has some things in common with the actress that plays her, Kim Sun-ah, who boldly showed off her boyfriend when the drama's production was announced, just as Sam-soon would have done.

Her awkward accent, the product of a long time living abroad, is no longer a minus factor for the actress, who was brought up in Japan as well as in the United States. Instead, her unique slow pronunciation adds to the charm of the character.

Taekkyon_V

Post by Taekkyon_V » Aug 5th, '05, 17:38

tsp_uk wrote:
That is the girl! Her accent is really cute. If you listen really closely the girl adds different tones in her sentence compared to other characters. I think...she also finished her sentences with "yo- rah". Usually in korean it's just "yo". Also when she tries to speak the seoul dialect, she seems to have this thing where at the end of the sentence she says "yo-oo" instead of just "yo". She said she was from Yeo Su, I'm not sure how they're dialect is like. Hope it helps

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Aug 6th, '05, 00:53

Kamui6 wrote:
miriko wrote:Kamui6,

I think you may have read a different article. There is no mention of the girl who plays her asst.
Sam-soon has some things in common with the actress that plays her, Kim Sun-ah, who boldly showed off her boyfriend when the drama's production was announced, just as Sam-soon would have done.

ohhhh the girl Taekkyon_V is talking about, no mention of her. :lol

onoturtle
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by onoturtle » Aug 6th, '05, 03:48

tsp_uk wrote:Is that the girl who has never been kissed or something? I remember in the beginning of episode 2 she was saying something about her dialect.
she said she was from Yeosu and that she needed to learn the Seoul dialect.

and i'll have to agree that this show has many, many funny moments. it's great, and i'm only up to ep 4. they starting digging into each others past... it's getting exciting with some drama building up. if this show keeps a good balance between drama and comedy, i'm so gonna love this show.

aznlily68

Club Box

Post by aznlily68 » Aug 7th, '05, 02:07

Hello, I'm new to D addicts and I'm so in love with "My name is Kim Sam Soon" I'm almost finished with the series...my parents rented the first 12 on vhs.
I was trying to download the episodes from japaneseguy's club box and i don't know how to do it. I don't have an account. How can I get one?
My computer has Korean windows and i don't know how to read a single thing of it.
Could someone please help me? I also need english subtitles for these episodes, do you know where i can get them?

steffy

Post by steffy » Aug 7th, '05, 06:08

i can't wait to see this!

belle83

Re: Club Box

Post by belle83 » Aug 7th, '05, 12:27

aznlily68 wrote:Hello, I'm new to D addicts and I'm so in love with "My name is Kim Sam Soon" I'm almost finished with the series...my parents rented the first 12 on vhs.
I was trying to download the episodes from japaneseguy's club box and i don't know how to do it. I don't have an account. How can I get one?
My computer has Korean windows and i don't know how to read a single thing of it.
Could someone please help me? I also need english subtitles for these episodes, do you know where i can get them?
this is a tutorial that i got from one of the threads. it explain hoe to dl from clubbox... hopefully this will help: http://home.comcast.net/~redpanther86/INSTRUCTION.html

you can dl it from touya's clubbox ( there's where i've been dling mine... thanx a million touya!!! :) ) this is da link : http://clubbox.co.kr/touya . if u cant read korean, its not a problem. u just place ur cursor on da writings on the left site. just place it dont click. it will come out wt da english name. so u just go through each one.. and u'll find da one for this drama

hopefully this will help... enjoy da drama!!

Taekkyon_V

Post by Taekkyon_V » Aug 8th, '05, 07:02

I really liked this drama a lot...Is there any other drama anyone would recommend that's somewhat similar?

babygurldoc

Post by babygurldoc » Aug 8th, '05, 09:51

Hey you guy Im new here and I just started to watch this series on ch. 18 when it first started and Im lovin it every minute. :wub: I wonder if you guy have nymore infos on it. I love the main actor n actress, they are so cute w/ each other eventhough she look older than him. Daniel Henney is another plus, love his look nd the way he speaks.

This is out of topic but does anyone knw what had happen to tvseriesensation.com I cant seem to activate the website. I was wondering if the web had shutdown or was something wrong w/ my comp. i would really appreciate your answer. thanx. can u e-mail me at babygurldoc@yahoo.com to let me know.

chasty02

Post by chasty02 » Aug 8th, '05, 22:44

I loved MNIKSS. There were so many funny moments, which were the best scenes out of the drama. This drama is similar to "Bridget Jone's Diary."
~
The only thing I would have to complain about this drama is that there were many unfinished storylines w/in this drama --- especially focusing on the other relationships that were going on in the drama. It seemed like these relationships just stopped at a dead end. There didn't seem to be any conclusion to these storylines. I would have liked to know what became of SamSoon's ex...or her sister's relationship with the head chief. And what of the personal secretary to SamShik's mother?
There should be part 2....
~
Anywho, one of the best dramas I've seen in awhile. Aside from all those sad, tearful and depressing k-dramas in the past, MNIKSS definetly is the opposite. K-dramas should be more like MNIKSS!!!

aznlily68

Post by aznlily68 » Aug 10th, '05, 06:13

are there any extras such as goof-offs, behind the seens or interviews? I would love to see them :D

busyizzy

Post by busyizzy » Aug 10th, '05, 14:37

Practically any popular talk show in Korea for the last 2-3 weeks have been starring interviews and stuff from this drama. My mom downloaded a bunch of talk shows, and they all featured Kim Sam Soon. xD;

iceberri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by iceberri » Aug 10th, '05, 15:58

aznlily68 wrote:are there any extras such as goof-offs, behind the seens or interviews? I would love to see them :D
My Name is Kim Sam Soon NG -- I found them pretty hilarious myself, especially when they had to redo the Sam Soon spitting in Sam Shik's face scene several times. :lol

aznlily68

Post by aznlily68 » Aug 10th, '05, 17:28

thanks so much iceberri :D i'm downloading it right now

Would anyone know if any of the cast (Kim Seon-A, Hyun Bin, Jeong Ryeo-Won, and Daniel Henney) is married or in a realtionship in real life? Also, would anyone know any projects/movies/dramas that any of the cast of MNKSS is working on right now?

Jannah
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by Jannah » Aug 11th, '05, 02:44

aznlily68 wrote:Would anyone know if any of the cast (Kim Seon-A, Hyun Bin, Jeong Ryeo-Won, and Daniel Henney) is married or in a realtionship in real life?
None of them are married. If I remember correctly, Kim Seon Ah is the only one who's attached in real life. Her boyfriend's not in showbiz. I haven't heard of the rest being in relationships.
Also, would anyone know any projects/movies/dramas that any of the cast of MNKSS is working on right now?
Kim Seon Ah is currently taking a break after intense filming of MNKSS. Meanwhile, Jeong Ryeo Won & Daniel Henney recently shot a CF together for a fruit juice brand which I can't recall. I'm not sure about Hyun Bin.

mission

Post by mission » Aug 13th, '05, 16:47

hey does anybody know what the mobile phone that sam shik uses is?

aznlily68

Post by aznlily68 » Aug 13th, '05, 17:05

I stumbled upon something the other day and I thought it would the perfect gift for Kim Sam Soon. But the thing is, Kim Sam Soon doesn't exist. But I really want to give it to somebody who work in this drama. The gift is a poster of a french elephant cartoon very popular in France. It is part of a whole series of books. But this one is a poster of the elephant and his family going to the patisserie and eating there. There is some text: Tl les emmene chez le patissier manger de bons gateaux. My friend told me it said that the family is going in the patisserie to eat some sweets. I found it in my parents store and my friend told me that this is worth a lot. But I immediatly thought My name is Kim Sam Soon.
I don't know what to do with it. I guess I could keep it but i really wanted to give it to somebody...maybe Kim Seon Ah or the director if My name is Kim Sam Soon.
If i were to do that, exactly how could i send it to them? I'm guessing that they get a lot of fan mail and they don't personally recieve them.

machan

Post by machan » Aug 13th, '05, 18:19

Taekkyon_V wrote:I really liked this drama a lot...Is there any other drama anyone would recommend that's somewhat similar?

I like full house very much: I think it's really funny! :lol