Green Rose (SBS, 2005)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
raider73

Green Rose (SBS, 2005)

Post by raider73 » Sep 20th, '05, 02:18

Is it just me or did they keep constantly screwing the years on this show. Is it March 19, 2001 or March 19, 2002. I don't know Korean so I'm just going by what the subtitle states but it just weird. Sometimes, they would mention the crime happen in 2001 and sometimes 2002 and then they would state it happened 4 yrs and then 3yrs ago. You would expect something that basic, they should have it corrected before they aired. Sorry, if there is already a discussion thread about Green Rose but I search and couldn't find any. I know the year don't make too much difference to the drama but it's just weird so it's bugging me.

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jaycee05 » Sep 20th, '05, 05:24

I was looking for a discussion thread for Green Rose. I dont think there's one, and thank u for making one. I havent notice the dates...I took them for granted, maybe...I'm just at episode 12 or 13, I think.
Just wanna drop off a shallow comment concerning the villain.
Isn't he sooooo ugly-looking?( sorry, but i cant help myself...)
He's like a rip off of Kim Sung-soo with chicken-ass-lips...
He's the silent type, but still annoys me as much as a typical evil woman, like say, snow white's or sth's.

And I just realized that the detective is one of the three stooges from oh pil seung, :lol What a funny guy...now I cant take him seriously in this drama.

mangosteen
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by mangosteen » Sep 20th, '05, 23:04

I noticed the dates are different too, but it doesn't really matter.
Haha, jaycee05, I recognized the detective too. He's so hilarious in Oh Pil Seung, Bong Soon Young.
I love this drama. Very exciting and emotional. I wish they focused more on the love between Go Soo and Lee Da Hae. They look so good together. Can't wait for Go Soo's next drama with Kim Hyun Joo!

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Sep 20th, '05, 23:21

jaycee05 wrote:the three stooges from oh pil seung
:lol :lol :lol :lol . Pretty accurate describtion of them ,never thought about that:-)
Ahh I miss Oh Pil Seung:-)
mangosteen wrote: I wish they focused more on the love between Go Soo and Lee Da Hae. They look so good together. Can't wait for Go Soo's next drama with Kim Hyun Joo!
Yeah I wished that too. Especially since they were such a great looking couple. This drama made me a Go Soo fan :-) . His next drama is something with "... millionaire" ,right?

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Sep 21st, '05, 02:20

i just finished watching a couple of days ago...huge marathon. :roll i noticed the date discrepancy, too, but i guess it didn't bother me that much. the only thing that really bugged me again and again about this drama was the "Chinese" being spoken. half the time i had no idea what they were trying to say. :-) i now understand what people were saying about the "French" being spoken in Lovers in Paris and the "Japanese" in Yurihwa.

and yeah, i totally agree about the villain. the whole time, i was thinking he's just an uglier Kim Sung Soo. unfair, perhaps, but that's the impression i got. and with all those brooding in the shower scenes...it reminded me a lot of Yurihwa and Kim Sung Soo in the shower. :P

the detective...i loved him in Oh Pil Seung, Bong Soon Young. he's so funny. he's good in this, too. i haven't really watched too many episodes of Resurrection yet, but he's also quite good in that.

last, about Go Soo and Lee Da Hae...they're such a great couple. i really felt like they were in love. this is the first drama i've seen with Go Soo, and i thought he did a really good job. i didn't like his whole hobo/drifter phase (he reminded me of HJS in All About Eve in his depressed phase), but i think he was able to pull it off.

thyle

Post by thyle » Oct 18th, '05, 01:22

jaycee05 wrote:I was looking for a discussion thread for Green Rose. I dont think there's one, and thank u for making one. I havent notice the dates...I took them for granted, maybe...I'm just at episode 12 or 13, I think.
Just wanna drop off a shallow comment concerning the villain.
Isn't he sooooo ugly-looking?( sorry, but i cant help myself...) ---I can not agree more. His lips bug me so much. Sometimes, he looks like some guys that disguise themself as a girl....
He's like a rip off of Kim Sung-soo with chicken-ass-lips...
He's the silent type, but still annoys me as much as a typical evil woman, like say, snow white's or sth's.

And I just realized that the detective is one of the three stooges from oh pil seung, :lol What a funny guy...now I cant take him seriously in this drama.

puppyiz

Post by puppyiz » Sep 13th, '06, 18:15

mangosteen wrote:

I wish they focused more on the love between Go Soo and Lee Da Hae. They look so good together. Can't wait for Go Soo's next drama with Kim Hyun Joo!

Ko Soo & Kim Hyun Joo was just cute, sweet & romantic being together in Marrying A Millionaire.
What about Ko Soo in " When A Man Loves A Woman? "
This is so~o weird, I cant seem to find any news on this drama....not even anywhere.
I am really looking forward to watching this drama.

jnara

GREEN Rose

Post by jnara » Sep 17th, '06, 05:55

Please post ur review regarding this series..thanks

nuclear

Post by nuclear » Sep 22nd, '06, 22:46

green rose is one of the best kdrama ive seen the story is just :thumleft: i like it when he cames back as a mighty guy i love it at that point he fucks everybody up heellllll yeahhhhhhhhh :P

angel_wings88

Post by angel_wings88 » Sep 23rd, '06, 09:24

a worth watching kdrama

ekkarat

Post by ekkarat » Nov 19th, '06, 14:47

Can someone give me Green Rose Ep.10? . I could not fint it. Pease

kimmii_anh

Post by kimmii_anh » Nov 22nd, '06, 02:06

can someone please give me the link to download this serie i can't wait till its released in viet therefore i want to watch it with subs instead thank you so much.

jul_rio

Post by jul_rio » Nov 26th, '06, 13:07

please...may somebody seeds for me...?only for 1 weeks to download all movie...(if it's fast :-) ) Thank you for your kindneess...

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Feb 12th, '07, 16:00

[img]http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/9544 ... 676lu3.jpg[/img]

One of the advantages of watching a series which isn't very popular here at d-addicts (one page thread?!), is that you go in with relatively low expectations - which is a good thing, because you usually end up enjoying it more than you thought you would. But make no mistake, it only took about 3 episodes for me to realize I wasn't enjoying it because of low expectations, but because Green Rose is a genuinely good drama.

Eternal Love

When I first came across the title of this series, I was kind of put off by it, because a Green Rose (which only exists in heaven) stands for eternal love. Without reading the synopsis, one can't be blamed for thinking it's yet another melodrama about a couple who pledge their love for each other for eternity. Even if one dies due to a terminal illness, the other would follow and they meet again in heaven. But don't be fooled by the title and its meaning, this drama has very little to do with eternal love, well ok, it does a little bit, but it's primarily a suspense/revenge/whodunnit drama. Green Rose will keep you on the edge of your seat for most of the series.

Just One More

I can say without hesitation that Green Rose is one of the best k-dramas I've seen thus far. It has a solid script, an engaging plot, convincing acting, beautiful cinematography, exotic locations and good looking leads. I normally do one or two episodes a night when I watch k-dramas, I seldom exceed three or more, but Green Rose had me going through 3 & 4 episodes in one sitting a couple of times. This is one of the few dramas where I HAD to watch the next episode to find out what happens next. It really was that engaging ... for three quarters of the series anyway. I'll explain later why.

The Best Crier

I thought the main and supporting cast did a splendid job which really added to the intense atmosphere of the drama. I had never seen Go Soo act before and had not even heard of him before this, but I thought he performed admirably well. He doesn't seem to be all that naturally talented, yet somehow manages to convey a wide range of emotions quite convincingly. But it was Lee Da Hae who totally stole the show. If you think she did well in My Girl, you'll be in awe of her here. This girl can really cry, she's the most natural crier I've seen so far. She also looks so beautiful here, much prettier than any of her other series. I would really like to see LDH star in movies in the future and I expect her to become a top tier actress for many years to come.

So Draggy!

Whilst Green Rose is suspensful and intense for most part, it does suffer from the obligatory drag that seems to plague each and every k-drama. Here I was enjoying such a wonderful series until the drag set it. It was almost like the director said "ok, we can't let the viewers enjoy this too much, we must bore them to death in the remaining episodes". *sigh* People gazing out of windows, sitting at their desks, walking to their cars .... for 2 minutes! It's one thing to develop a character or plot in a slow and deliberate manner, but its another to intentionally drag out scenes to squeeze in more episodes (GR was extended to 22 from 20) just because TV ratings were good.

Conclusion

I feel compelled to give Green Rose an 8, because it is indeed, a very good drama. However, things slowed down a bit too much for me from about episode 16 until the end. It just got increasingly frustrating when you kind of already know what's going to happen next, but have to sit through countless flashbacks to find out what. But in all fairness, I can't take much away from this series because of some draggy scenes. I guess it's something most of us are accustomed to by now, and there's always the fast forward button. So a reasonable score would be 7.5]

anneramos

Post by anneramos » Jul 28th, '07, 14:52

Hello! This drama was shown first here in the Philippines before My Girl. My familly and I were watching this series and were really glued to are TV every night it was airing. I loved the story so much. Then My Girl came and again we watched it every night. It was after MG was finished when my brother found out that the actress was the same in both series. LDH here did a superb performance. Go Soo was perfect for the role. This series made me cry so much, but I was sort of disappointed with the ending it was a bit cheesy. Loved the action scenes and the drama was great. You can feel the emotions that they were trying to evoke from their viewers. I love this so much that I bought a dvd on line. It was worth it. I am a fan of LDH and also GS. I would definitely recommend this to anyone.

mikomiko123

Post by mikomiko123 » Sep 19th, '07, 00:38

I luv green rose, it was boring at first some might say but its soo awesome!!!

thislove

Post by thislove » Sep 19th, '07, 05:05

I didn't find Green Rose boring to begin with it hits you right in the face the first four eps. I think I cried the most in the beginning. Green Rose is a really good drama but too bad it doesn't get much recognition like other dramas.

aznguy808

Post by aznguy808 » Sep 19th, '07, 05:29

fell in love with lee da hae
great story in my opinion
i dont want to post any spoiler but..it seemed kind of long after he jumped and his "journey" alone, sry i studied film in school haha
other than that was great id say a high 8 low 9 rating

mikomiko123

Post by mikomiko123 » Sep 19th, '07, 10:52

aznguy808 wrote:fell in love with lee da hae
great story in my opinion
i dont want to post any spoiler but..it seemed kind of long after he jumped and his "journey" alone, sry i studied film in school haha
other than that was great id say a high 8 low 9 rating
yes i know, when i rewatched it was kinda long after he jumped the journey like u said, thats why i assumed some people might say its boring bu then i luv eugene, i wonder if shes still in korean music industru and acting..??