My Girl (SBS, 2005/6)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
boredangel

Post by boredangel » Apr 12th, '06, 11:10

clauric wrote:yesasia is an online store--i bought dramas before in YA..n yeah they don't sell "the so called bootleg versions that come out right after the series just ended (the ones with awful translations)
the one who is producing the dvd is SBS..sbs has a reputation of doing an "ok" job..i guess they need to improve their grammar/sp corrections...but they r nothing compared to the "engrish" subs..ppl just complained sbs produced subs because we r paying lots of money n the subs should be proofread before they release it..
but lovers in paris had good subs..so yeah we just have to buy it in order to figure it out..n keep in my mind this is a region 3 dvd.n the pros of getting this version are the extra stuff like behind the scenes etc..
if this was produced by BITWIN--most likely the subs would be good since bitwin is very reliable in terms of subbing..
also--there is the YA entertainment who also produced their own US version--the english subs will be good since they r for american speakers/audience--(fyi--after the sbs release--the YA us version of my girl will be available in the summer)however--there would be no behind the scenes, ngs, etc like the one produced by SBS..

thanks for the speedy reply, ive been asking this question for a couple of days but no one seems to know the answer...so thank you again for shedding some light...is it for sure that YA entertainment would produce their own US version for my girl??? coz if they would then i guess i would have to wait for it..what do you think??? its just sad that they dont contain their NGs and behind the scenes i would really love to see how lee dong wook act, he is a dream isnt he? :) heheheheh...one thing is for sure though i have to own my very own copy for this. :D

TAHgOong

Post by TAHgOong » Apr 12th, '06, 17:43

For the Lee Dong Wook and Lee Da Hae Shippers...

MV with clips mostly from "Bye Bye Bye" & "Memory", though there are some MG (MG-NGs) and a LDW movie/show on their too:

[^-thanks to sallymoon of youtube for making the MV... soo sweet]

If you haven't watched the MV's for "Bye Bye Bye" & "Memory", here are the links for them too:

"Bye Bye Bye"
(starring LDW)

"Memory"
(LDH and Hyun Bin)

[x-posted to MG, LDW, LDH threads @ d-addicts]

clauric

Post by clauric » Apr 12th, '06, 18:40

boredangel wrote:
clauric wrote:yesasia is an online store--i bought dramas before in YA..n yeah they don't sell "the so called bootleg versions that come out right after the series just ended (the ones with awful translations)
the one who is producing the dvd is SBS..sbs has a reputation of doing an "ok" job..i guess they need to improve their grammar/sp corrections...but they r nothing compared to the "engrish" subs..ppl just complained sbs produced subs because we r paying lots of money n the subs should be proofread before they release it..
but lovers in paris had good subs..so yeah we just have to buy it in order to figure it out..n keep in my mind this is a region 3 dvd.n the pros of getting this version are the extra stuff like behind the scenes etc..
if this was produced by BITWIN--most likely the subs would be good since bitwin is very reliable in terms of subbing..
also--there is the YA entertainment who also produced their own US version--the english subs will be good since they r for american speakers/audience--(fyi--after the sbs release--the YA us version of my girl will be available in the summer)however--there would be no behind the scenes, ngs, etc like the one produced by SBS..

thanks for the speedy reply, ive been asking this question for a couple of days but no one seems to know the answer...so thank you again for shedding some light...is it for sure that YA entertainment would produce their own US version for my girl??? coz if they would then i guess i would have to wait for it..what do you think??? its just sad that they dont contain their NGs and behind the scenes i would really love to see how lee dong wook act, he is a dream isnt he? :) heheheheh...one thing is for sure though i have to own my very own copy for this. :D
yes it's definitely sure that YA will have a MY GIRL US VERSION..if u noticed (if u live in the US)--they the us yesasia website doesn't have the SBS version..i guess because they want their version to be bought instead..
well it's up to u..im going to buy the SBS version for my collection..but if u r the type that likes excellent subs--i guess the YA version is for u..

seeker

Post by seeker » Apr 16th, '06, 12:49

Hi,
First of all I want to say that I loved it. I loved it so much that it was the first series I subbed in Greek for my mom to see. She loved it so much that I've translatted 3 more dramas since then and I'm on my, 4th "Goong" :-)
But, both of us were a little dissapointed by the ending. I've seen Delightful Girl before but I still didn't like the ending in My Girl. I think they should have focused more on our favorite couple. Also, I wish they could have squeezed in a scene with Ju Yoo-rin and Seo Jeong-woo. I always fall for the secondary male characters :roll
niki

doom89757

Post by doom89757 » Apr 16th, '06, 23:37

uhmm, i'm sure most of u all alr hear the whole album of My Girl OST album rite, I think there is some songs in it is not played in the drama rite? Like track number 7, rite?
Uhmm, I was wonderring also anyone know where to get the instrumental song that they played in this drama?

mashiso

Post by mashiso » Apr 17th, '06, 07:05

WOW ! This drama is awesome. I have just d/l this drama. Somehow it sorta reminds me of "Sweet 18" with its own twist. Very very funny and highly recommended. Light hearted with really cute dudes . :cheers:

t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

Post by t3n5h1_chu_k015h173 » Apr 18th, '06, 17:49

I just buy this drama dvd last week and just finish it,so funny i like it very much :mrgreen: :mrgreen: i think lee dong wook is cute :wub: but he already have a gf ,Shoo (ex-SES member) :x :O :x :-( :stress: :hissy:

Kayote

Post by Kayote » Apr 19th, '06, 01:22

I finished this series but am a teeny tiny bit disappointed. After all I heard it did not live up to my expectations somehow. Dont get me wrong it was very nice but just not as amazing as 'Attic Cat' & 'Goong' or even the current series Im watching 'Save the Last Dance' which is turning out ot be a real star of a drama.[img]http://home.no/cptsmiley/drama.gif[/img]

meli_chan

Post by meli_chan » Apr 19th, '06, 01:47

Kayote wrote:I finished this series but am a teeny tiny bit disappointed. After all I heard it did not live up to my expectations somehow. Dont get me wrong it was very nice but just not as amazing as 'Attic Cat' & 'Goong' or even the current series Im watching 'Save the Last Dance' which is turning out ot be a real star of a drama.[img]http://home.no/cptsmiley/drama.gif[/img]
I like more My Girl than Goong

doom89757

Post by doom89757 » Apr 19th, '06, 02:56

t3n5h1_chu_k015h173 wrote:I just buy this drama dvd last week and just finish it,so funny i like it very much :mrgreen: :mrgreen: i think lee dong wook is cute :wub: but he already have a gf ,Shoo (ex-SES member) :x :O :x :-( :stress: :hissy:
How sure are u that Lee Dong Wook girlfriend is Shoo??????
I didn't know they were dating, where u heard the news from???

clauric

Post by clauric » Apr 19th, '06, 07:51

dong wook denied that he's going ot with shoo last janury..he was a bit agitated abt it too..

doom89757

Post by doom89757 » Apr 19th, '06, 13:05

clauric wrote:dong wook denied that he's going ot with shoo last janury..he was a bit agitated abt it too..
Ic so maybe he dated with Shoo be4 rite, haha
Another stuff, when he get the accident?

mashiso

Post by mashiso » Apr 19th, '06, 16:23

I could not stop watching the drama - racing each episodes to see the ending. It is really an extertaining drama, since MNIKSS (that was the last K-drama for me). Now, My Girl, especially Dong Wook (which i think is HOTTTTT !!!) has convince me to get back to the
K-drama wagon... :D

Any good K-drama to recommend ? Thanks in advance ...

Kim Soo Lea

Post by Kim Soo Lea » Apr 20th, '06, 22:20

Lee Jun Ki !!! AJA!

siggiepop

Post by siggiepop » Apr 20th, '06, 23:14

I haven't watched episode 19. It is not because I got tired of the series, it's because if there is a cliffhanger, I want to be onto the next episode ASAP and not wait for subs. HOwever, doesn't look like it's hurting me NOT watching it right now. hehe. To win-win on this round. :)

unpretty

Post by unpretty » May 1st, '06, 09:21

does anybody know the film locations for this series? please post it. thanks! :-)

mms

Post by mms » May 1st, '06, 09:53

@kayote: nice sig. i thought i was the only one who noticed dat. :D

iostream

Post by iostream » May 2nd, '06, 04:35

I just finished watching this drama yesterday. Sooo gooood that it makes me sad there are no more episodes left :-( . Yoo-Rin (Lee Da-hae) is so funny and cute :wub: :D . I hope she's making or planning to make another drama such as this one. CHEERS!! :thumright:

13dayfairytale

Post by 13dayfairytale » May 2nd, '06, 11:27

hello everybody! i've just opened my fanlisting for jeong-woo and yoorin today! so if you think that Jw is better than gong-chan... go join!!!

http://cantdeny.com/ifonly

yes, it is approved by tfl.org

go lee junki! :P

boji

Post by boji » May 9th, '06, 21:29

finished watching this series a while ago but after rewatching i started thinking how is it that Jeong Woo gets half the company or something. I thought that him and Gong Chan weren't related...?

aubrery

My girl..

Post by aubrery » May 20th, '06, 05:03

my girl will be shown in the phils. starting may 29... i hope they will like it because it totally love it! i love lee jun-ki...=) and the girl is so sassy... and it's sooo cute! hehe... good thing i've seen it already....=)
Attachments
jun-ki.jpg
jun-ki.jpg (6.39 KiB) Viewed 4688 times

hanib

Post by hanib » May 22nd, '06, 12:12

^ yeah , hope that the dub wont ruin it :) sometimes I want MG to be shown in my country but sometimes I dont . I'm so scared of the dub in my country , hopeless , it totally ruin the show . And I'm curious about how would they dub the Yoorin slogan "Bok bak dul shi goy eh yo" < You'll be blessed> in Vnese :p

buffyreg
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by buffyreg » May 22nd, '06, 12:32

hanib wrote:...And I'm curious about how would they dub the Yoorin slogan "Bok bak dul shi goy eh yo" < You'll be blessed> in Vnese :p
me too, ive seen the whole series and im thinking how are they gonna say it in a real Yoo- rin way... fun but sincere :D ...

Todays the first showing here in the Philippines... We'll be blessed :-)

hanib

Post by hanib » May 22nd, '06, 16:50

^ as i know it will be first aired in 29 May ?? 0_o why did you say Today ?? anything wrong here ??

buffyreg
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by buffyreg » May 22nd, '06, 17:18

hanib wrote:^ as i know it will be first aired in 29 May ?? 0_o why did you say Today ?? anything wrong here ??
opppsss sorry, yeah its on the 29th... i was thinking dffrently... thougth twas today coz some1 told me starts on monday and i havent been watching tv lately...

dokbupgi

Post by dokbupgi » May 25th, '06, 17:38

i was so hooked to this drama especially from disc 3-6 (ep 5-12), which I chased through in 2 nites. but the last part got a bit draggy and too predictable.
I still like it tho there are really funny moments and cute too!

dokbupgi

Post by dokbupgi » May 25th, '06, 17:40

oh and I really love the OST! so many nice songs. when watching the drama i did not realise so many songs are used :)

nocturne

Post by nocturne » May 29th, '06, 05:46

I finished this yesterday, and I really liked it. It's cute, humorous, and has a moderate amount of romance. The plot didn't drag nor was it too cliched. This is the second drama featuring Da-hae, and she's a great actress. =]

doom89757

Post by doom89757 » May 29th, '06, 13:34

unpretty wrote:does anybody know the film locations for this series? please post it. thanks! :-)
One of the film locations are Jeju Island

yaya*

Post by yaya* » May 31st, '06, 16:31

ei does anybody her know where i can download the OST of my girl??pls pls pls...

shminda

Post by shminda » May 31st, '06, 19:18

yaya* wrote:ei does anybody her know where i can download the OST of my girl??pls pls pls...

look here www.asianosts.cjb.net I would go there and supply you with the megaupload link too, but i'm quite busy at the moment, for future OST needs, check there first =]

ukyougaara

hey

Post by ukyougaara » Jun 2nd, '06, 14:07

i'm MGH big fan LOL
ermm can nyone gimme the lyrics of MGH!! :w00t:
PLEASEE!!!! -_-

shminda

Post by shminda » Jun 2nd, '06, 23:24

Can anyone help me find the song being played in Episode 10 around the 42-ish minutes mark. The one where Jeong Woo [Lee Jun Ki] character is in the club, the one that plays in the background? It's the one that starts playing when the girl's boyfriend or whatever comes, the ones with vocal. Anyhelp would be apprecaited, thanks in advance. =D

yaya*

Post by yaya* » Jun 3rd, '06, 01:28

@ shminda: thank you so much! i finally found my fave OST..hehe....

shminda

Post by shminda » Jun 3rd, '06, 03:39

@yaya* :: no problem.

ukyougaara

Post by ukyougaara » Jun 3rd, '06, 08:42

please can anyone gimme the lyrics of MY GIRL ..
the never say goodbye
n the rest too
i'm from malaysia n i'm BIG fan of my girl
please..... :goggle:
:scratch:
nyone pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ukyougaara

Post by ukyougaara » Jun 3rd, '06, 08:49

shminda wrote:Can anyone help me find the song being played in Episode 10 around the 42-ish minutes mark. The one where Jeong Woo [Lee Jun Ki] character is in the club, the one that plays in the background? It's the one that starts playing when the girl's boyfriend or whatever comes, the ones with vocal. Anyhelp would be apprecaited, thanks in advance. =D
i heard that song but
i dunno dat song.. but well u cn check my girl hodoli at here
www.myspace.com/mygirlhodoli
:)

shminda

Post by shminda » Jun 5th, '06, 23:40

thanks for the myspace site. but my comp has been so laggy it takes forever to load hte music thing, ill taste it out a little later

also, i'm going to be uploading directdownload links for my girl, hardsubbed [w/ proper credits of course] hq version here:

http://one-melody.livejournal.com

please come and check it out, there's more stuff, but scroll down to movies/dramas section. -- it's takn a while to upload but ill be uploading. The more stuff will be up and running soon, I just started so please be patient

i split up the hq file [700mb] into 3pts. do you think i should keep uploading hq even tho it takes forever to upload and may even take forever to download or go and upload the mq or lq version of dramas? -- Just so i know what ppl prefer.
thanks!

In LaLaLand

Post by In LaLaLand » Jun 7th, '06, 03:08

Hi - Shminda says that she would consider uploading the hardsubbed HQ version batch torrent if I can tell her how to do it. Unfortunately, I'm a newbie so I have no idea. Can someone help and give step by step directions or post a link on how she can do this. I personally would LOVE a hardsubbed version. Thanks so much in advance for anyone's help!!

shminda

Post by shminda » Jun 7th, '06, 04:05

I will try to finish hardsubbing My Girl HQ by latest, the end of this week, but hopefully I can finish most of it tonight and by tomorrow evening I can start seeding if I learn how to. But I can only seed until the 13/14th since I'm moving then and my internet will be down, so sorry about that, but yeah. Hope someone finishes by then and continues to seed.

In LaLaLand

Post by In LaLaLand » Jun 8th, '06, 01:58

I can help seed. Thanks so much shminda for all your hard work! I'm sooooo grateful! Thank you!!

shminda

Post by shminda » Jun 9th, '06, 08:13

I've just uploaded a HQ version of My Girl that's hardsubbed in a batch file for torrents.

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_35078.htm <-- go there to download it.

go to http://one-melody.livejournal.com to download HQ versionof My Girl that's hardsubbed using directdownload links. [i.e. megaupload]

yanadagreat

Post by yanadagreat » Jun 10th, '06, 13:30

thankzzzzzzzzzz...
i really love My Girl...

Engelchen18
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Engelchen18 » Jun 10th, '06, 19:15

Yes it's a really great drama. :D

So we did and do German Subs for this drama. :wub:

It's really funny but the last 3 Episodes are not real enough but ok. :-)

chrizzy_bebe

Post by chrizzy_bebe » Jun 11th, '06, 10:45

with dramas i'm always torn between looking forward to how the story plays out and feeling sad when it ends *laughs* although i enjoyed watching this series, the ending seemed too short for me! compared to "the other woman" in some series, i didn't end up hating gong-chan's ex girlfriend *haha* and i felt pretty sorry for lee jun ki (seo jung-woong?)... *sigh*

dokbupgi

Post by dokbupgi » Jun 13th, '06, 16:09

Here's lyrics and my own romanisation

02. Never Say Goodbye / ???&??

Yea, whats going on, 2006,
mario and nasty, brand new classic,
ride with us, its about two guys and hot girls,
yo keep it up keep it up,
two step with me, come on,
lets do it do it do it like this

1,2 baby clap ur hands
Everybody lets go ha ha ha ha
I want yall ladies clap again
Let me hear u say wut wut

?? ??? its my story
? ?? ?? ?? ? ??? ???
??? ??? ???? ?? ?? ??
??? ?? ??? ???? ??
the ghetto ?? ?? ??? ?? ? ???
never say goodbye so get up

if you go away
you will see me cry
don't you let me go
baby don't you let me down

? ?? ??? ? ??? ??
?? ??? ?? ??? ??
don't you let me go

you never say good bye
??? ??? ???? ??
?? ????? ?? ? ???
?? ?? ?? ? ??? ??
? ??? ??
don't you let me go

(Mario) And we the best aint no need to stress
Mario and nasty aint no need to impress
(??)Yo! ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ??
?? ? ? ? ?? ?? ?? ??

(Mario)Call it a fling or a love thing
I don't care I can handle any drama that you bring.
? ? ?? ? ? ???? ??

(Mario)with out u im better no one could do it better
hello cute nasty best mc
Mario right tight err night that's right.

I am still in love with you hey
? ?? ?? ?? ????
I'm still in love with you hey
Let me hear you say hey hey hey

Yo check it ?? ?? ????
?? ? ??? ?? ?? ????
??? ???? ???? ??
only u ???? only u ??
?? baby 1,2,3,4 I got the mic check

if you go away
you will see me cry
don't you let me go

? ?? ??? ? ??? ??
?? ??? ?? ??? ??
don't you let me go

you never say good bye
??? ??? ???? ??
?? ????? ?? ? ???
?? ?? ?? ? ??? ??
? ??? ??
don't you let me go
baby don't you let me down (one more time now)

you never say good bye (come on come on)
??? ???(wana ride with the homie right?)
???? ?? (Wana get right then get high )
?? ????? (ride with me ill ride with you)
?? ? ??? (you go down on me ill go down on you)
?? ? ??? (yeah~)
? ? ?? ?? (just me and you come on)
? ??? ?? (One more time now)
don't you let me go (Say what)
don't you let me down (One more time now)

1,2 baby clap ur hands
Let me hear u say hey hey hey

??? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ??
?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ??
Ill logic real toxic switch quicker than tiptonic
hetero sexual the kids flow is incredible
??? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ??
?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? yea~

romainsation:
Yea, whats going on, 2006,
mario and nasty, brand new classic,
ride with us, its about two guys and hot girls,
yo keep it up keep it up,
two step with me, come on,
lets do it do it do it like this

1,2 baby clap ur hands
Let me hear u say wut wut

u-ri dan-dul-i its my story
tto neo-ui mam-i heum-i nae nun-ga-ui nun-mul-i
neo-wa-ui shi-gan-eun neo-mu-na-do gil-eo neo-mu gil-eo
tta-tteut-han na-ui mam-eu-ro dol-a-o-gil bil-eo
the ghetto neo-ui mam-i kkeul-ri-neun dae-ro neon geu-dae-ro
never say goodbye so get up

if you go away
you will see me cry
don't you let me go

neul ham-kke itt-seo-do deo ga-kkap-ji anh-eun
eo-tteon ui-mi-do eobt-neun jin-bu-han sa-rang
don't you let me go

you never say good bye
han-dong-an meong-ha-ni u-du-keo-ni anj-a
da-shi saeng-gak-haett-ji-man meom-chul sun eobt-gett-seo
on-tong geu-dae saeng-gak hal su-bakk-e eobt-neun
nae ja-shin-i mi-wo
don't you let me go

(Mario) And we the best aint no need to stress
Mario and nasty aint no need to impress
Yo! neo-ui mam-eul bat-a na-ui mam-eun byeon-chi anh-a
heo-na mam-teong bin chae-ro bi-wo du-jin anh-a

(Mario)Call it a fling or a love thing
I don't care I can handle any drama that you bring.
bam kkok se-wo mam kkok sa-rang-eu-ro chae-wo

(Mario)with out u im better no one could do it better
hello cute nasty best mc
Mario right tight err night that's right.

I am still in love with you hey
nae mam-eul jeol-dae i-hae mot-han-da-go
I'm still in love with you hey
Let me hear you say hey hey hey

Yo check it niga na-reul tteo-nan-da-go
o-jik i se-sang-e neo-ran yeo-ga ha-na-ra-go
kkeut kkeut-shi nam-ja-dap-ge po-gi-ha-jin anh-a
only u o-jik-ha-na only u ij-jin
anh-a baby 1,2,3,4 I got the mic check

if you go away
you will see me cry
don't you let me go

neul ham-kke itt-seo-do deo ga-kkap-ji anh-eun
eo-tteon ui-mi-do eobt-neun jin-bu-han sarang
don't you let me go

you never say good bye
nae ja-shin-i mi-wo
don't you let me go
baby don't you let me down (one more time now)

you never say good bye
nae ja-shin-i mi-wo
don't you let me go

1,2 baby clap ur hands
Let me hear u say hey hey hey

sarang-do byeon-chi anha na-ui mam-do byeon-chi ahn-a
na-ui kkum-eul irh-jin anh-a jeol-dae po-gin eobt-da
Ill logic real toxic switch quicker than tiptonic
hetero sexual the kids flow is incredible

CallaLillieszz

Post by CallaLillieszz » Jun 14th, '06, 00:51

wow ..thanks.>>>>>>>>>>>>>LUV JU YOO RIN>>>>>>>> :alcoholic:

dokbupgi

Post by dokbupgi » Jun 14th, '06, 12:40

you're welcome :-)
I got the lyrics from www.aheeyah.com
If you need romanisations and you think mine are OK, just let me know which other song you want.

CallaLillieszz

Post by CallaLillieszz » Jun 14th, '06, 16:57

dokbupgi wrote:you're welcome :-)
I got the lyrics from www.aheeyah.com
If you need romanisations and you think mine are OK, just let me know which other song you want.
hehhe gosh i wish i knew korean...their music is so good........i try to learn some korean but lost my patience..it looks so hard..hahah...but even with the good song...i love them without understanding it...it would be heaven if i know what's it about..hahah...too bad in this lifetime i couldn't understand korean...

getting tire reading subtitles too.........need a tutor i quess..hahah... :lol

dokbupgi

Post by dokbupgi » Jun 15th, '06, 01:43

hee heee... i know romanisations only. but without knowing their meaning.
i'd tried some translation before, referring to dictionary at daum.net. but the enthusiasm just slow down... :P
knowing romanisation, at least i can sing along the slower songs when reading only korean lyrics.

vinyalhaw

Post by vinyalhaw » Jun 24th, '06, 23:54

MUST SEE MOVIE ...

The drama has not reach Malaysia yet, but a genius downloaded it from internet and put it up for sales in vcd format :D .. I was able to get a hand on it, and believe me I was laughing out loud watching Joo Yoo Rin character .. Especially when she's around Seol Gong Chan!
To compare it with Full House, the Hero and Heroin loves to yell and scream to one another, in this drama series you'll get to watch how the girl play pranks on the 'cool' guy and how adorable the guy reaction towards it haha~..
The unbelieveable scene will make you laugh hard .. It was superb!!
Lee Jun Ki's character in this drama series, more like Min Hyuk character in Full House ..
The ost is so cool and we've been trying to get our hands on it but no result at the moment .. :wub:

P!nkLady

Post by P!nkLady » Jun 25th, '06, 12:52

Love this series! LDW is so handsome :wub:

skachild

Post by skachild » Jun 25th, '06, 12:59

vinyalhaw wrote:The drama has not reach Malaysia yet, but a genius downloaded it from internet and put it up for sales in vcd format :D .. :
a genius downloaded it from internet and put it on sales.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????? :O :O
where did u bought it from..???
U can get it here for FREE....!!!

dokbupgi

Post by dokbupgi » Jun 28th, '06, 03:49

hi vinyalhaw! it's my favourite OST. you can get it from:
http://asianosts.cjb.net/index.php?act=idx

i'm currently watching the drama 2nd round. still so funny!

egghead

Post by egghead » Jun 29th, '06, 06:07

While this is worth watching and funny most times, there were some episodes that made you feel like going round and round and getting nowhere. The whole love triangle thing was too repetative towards the middle/end. If they avoided that, the series wouldve been near flawless story wise. 8/10 for me. Next on my list: FullHouse.

btw, I'm new here, hi. my name's egghead.

dokbupgi

Post by dokbupgi » Jun 29th, '06, 08:17

ya i think it's a very common problem in k-drama, the triangle tend to drag on and repeat. they usually have some ridiculours misunderstanding. but if comparing to gung, at least the 2nd guy in my girl is bearable (when he's not crying). when watching gung, i couldn't stand the 2nd prince and my finger always ready on the ff button.

honeypia

Post by honeypia » Jul 8th, '06, 13:26

due to our lack of budget going to korea.. :P we from the Philippines have decided to start a petition for our local channel to bring Lee Dong Wook and Da Hae here in the country.

And we need support for the signatures to help out the campaign. :D

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/ ... ldwldh.jpg[/img]

:wub:

Lone_Prodigy

Post by Lone_Prodigy » Jul 9th, '06, 23:46

Anyone find any sheet music for the OST? It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

seryeplease

Post by seryeplease » Jul 11th, '06, 14:23

now this IS the series that kept me from browsing forward (though i did some tinitiny peeking, still its a feat...) i think this was the first series that i actually felt like watching till the end without ever spoiling myself in the process (yeah more or less..) so anyways this is a very very very very very good series, as always i liked watching it subbed rather than dubbed (errrrrrrrr, hats down to the subbers, by the way :cheers:). oh yeah i loved the osts as well, yep dl'ed it here some time ago (thanks!)...

....(i haven't seen goong though)so i'll have to reserve my judgement even though i dunno why this statement is here probably because i've seen too much my girl vs. goong'ish stuff hehehe but for now my girl is if not the best well maybe the one before the best or whatever (for its genre), its all good and fun hahahahahaha lee dong wok soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo kawaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!

errrrrrr, am i allowed to rant this much? hehehehehe anyways, yep my girl is just soooooooo good...

/*oh and i gotta say that the transition from lee da hae's roles was just so great, very good actress i must say and very pretty as well.

Mich-Chan

Post by Mich-Chan » Jul 12th, '06, 09:55

Just Passing By.... 8) 8) 8)
Attachments
I love this picture... it's so simple but it leaves me giggling
I love this picture... it's so simple but it leaves me giggling
Img0402_20060117182508.jpg (49.76 KiB) Viewed 4665 times

jjjustine

Post by jjjustine » Jul 19th, '06, 15:38

Anyways, not sure if anyone's seen the special episode of My Girl.

You can download it at http://www.silentregrets.com/dramas/my-girl/. It's a My Girl Special.
You would need HJSplit to join the four parts afterwards.
You can download the program at http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?a ... 8437B1BC00.

I just watched it and there are subtitles that show up from time to time.
Not everything's translated, but it was pretty much enjoyable.
I love Lee Dong-wook and Lee Da Hae. They have so much chemistry
off-screen and I do hope that they hook-up soon!

Enjoy!

chitato_80

Post by chitato_80 » Jul 21st, '06, 16:49

jjjustine wrote:Anyways, not sure if anyone's seen the special episode of My Girl.

You can download it at http://www.silentregrets.com/dramas/my-girl/. It's a My Girl Special.

Enjoy!
Can you tell us what it's about ? Is the story timeline after the final episode ? or it's just bits and pieces from middle of the 16 episode ?

Btw.. i want to share this cute flash animation on the Carrot Song that Yoorin sang to GongChan
http://www.pconline.com.cn/pcedu/carton ... 118hlb.swf

I also found the lyrics.. will post next... I don't know if this has been posted before or not.. i didn't read the whole 40 pages on this thread...

chitato_80

Post by chitato_80 » Jul 21st, '06, 16:55

Dang Geun = Carrot = Of course / Obvious

another link (same flash animation as prev post) :
http://kidsdata.yahoo.co.kr/comicsong/cs08.swf

당근송 dang geun song (Carrot Song)

아아아당근송
a a a dang geun song

나 보고싶니 당근 나 생각나니 당근
na pogosimni dang geun na seng gang nani dang geun

I Love You You Love Me 당근 당근 당근
I love you you love me dang geun dang geun dang geun

나 좋아하니 당근 나 사랑하니 당근
na joahani dang geun na salanghani dang geun

I Love You You Love Me 당근 당근 당근
I love you you love me dang geun dang geun dang geun

너 변하지마 당근 언제까지나 당근
no pyonajima dang geun onjegajina dang geun

좋아해 좋아해 당근 당근 당근
joahe joahe dang geun dang geun

행복해요 당근 즐거워요 당근
hengbokeyo dang geun zergowoyo dang geun

사랑해 사랑해 당근송
salanghe salanghe dang geun song

때로는 짜증나고 때로는 힘들어도
deloneun zazeung nago deloneun himdelodo

너의 곁에 언제나 웃고 있는날 생각해
noye gyote onjena ootgo inneun nar seng ga ke

때로는 슬퍼지고 때로는 외로워도
deloneun serpo jigo deloneun welowodo

너의 곁에 언제나 함께하는 나를 생각해 당근송
noye gyote onjena hamgehaneun na ler seng ga ke dang geun song

myke

Post by myke » Jul 22nd, '06, 15:01

chitato_80 wrote:
jjjustine wrote:Anyways, not sure if anyone's seen the special episode of My Girl.

Enjoy!
Can you tell us what it's about ? Is the story timeline after the final episode ? or it's just bits and pieces from middle of the 16 episode ?

Btw.. i want to share this cute flash animation on the Carrot Song that Yoorin sang to GongChan
http://www.pconline.com.cn/pcedu/carton ... 118hlb.swf

I also found the lyrics.. will post next... I don't know if this has been posted before or not.. i didn't read the whole 40 pages on this thread...
wow..thankz..it interesting.
at scene where does Yoo rin sang that song to Gong Chan..
one more...what song that Yoo rin sang at Gong Chan when Gong chan feel in happy.(Changgun..Changgun if i not mistaken... :scratch: )

dokbupgi

Post by dokbupgi » Jul 23rd, '06, 16:21

hi myke. that's exactly the song she sang - the danggun song!

Mich-Chan

Post by Mich-Chan » Jul 24th, '06, 06:52

Thank you very much for the lyrics... hehehe...

I'm singing it right now!

maymay80

Post by maymay80 » Jul 25th, '06, 02:21

just have to say this drama is very goood, its cute, funny, and makes u feell very happy... no dragging involve.....
Last edited by maymay80 on Jul 25th, '06, 19:17, edited 1 time in total.

Padme Naberrie

Post by Padme Naberrie » Jul 25th, '06, 07:27

Lee Dong Wook & Lee Da Hae International Fans Club

hey guys,

We are putting up an international Fans Club for our beloved Dong-Hae.

However, we need your support to make it happen.

=================

WE NEED VOLUNTEERS!!!!!

IF YOU HAVE TALENT IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING OR YOU JUST WANT TO HELP:

- Web Design & Development
- Graphics/Photoshop
- Marketing and Promotions
- Organizing
- REPORTERS (to gather news and updates about LDW & LDH)
- TRANSLATORS (speaks/writes/reads Korean)

If you're interested, kindly send me a PM OR EMAIL jawbreaker@gmail.com or mfilan35gt@yahoo.com

please indicate your name/username and your location...

LETS ALL WORK TOGETHER TO MAKE THIS A SUCCESSFUL PROJECT!!!

Bhasya!!! :D

LisainCalifornia

New My Girl addict

Post by LisainCalifornia » Jul 25th, '06, 23:07

Hello all,
I am new here to d-addicts, and also to K-dramas. I had never watched one until a few weeks ago when I stumbled upon an episode of My Girl--and from the first one I was hooked. I started from the beginning and watched a few episodes the first night and a few the next. Once the weekend came I became absolutely obsessed! Freakishly addicted! On Saturday I watched until I thought my eyes would cross and my head hurt. Finally at 1:45 a.m. (on episode 15) I decided I MUST stop and sleep. I watched the end the next day, and then spent the rest of the day in a restless stupor.

The reason this is so shocking is that I don't typically watch much television (except the occasional HBO drama like Six Feet Under). I go online a lot, and like to read a great deal, but I have never been "taken hostage" by a show like I was with My Girl. The music has invaded my head too--I hear "Never Say Goodbye" in my head all day now. The story was amazing--so funny, charming, heartbreaking, romantic--everything that U.S. shows are not today. The acting was also fun and exciting. I even loved the wardrobe--especially Ju Yoo-rin's boots and clothes.

First off--LOVED the incredibly hot Lee Jun Ki. I cannot figure out why I found him so appealing--but there was just something so sexy about him. Especially when he:
first saved Ju Yoo-rin from the thugs chasing her--that scene of him fighting them off was both funny and hot! And when he grabbed her hand and pulled her to his car and they jumped in and he was able to lose them with his driving. I loved when he put the top up on the convertible and looked over at her and smiled with those sunglasses on.
I also loved how he cared for Ju Yoo-rin--and often would stop and look at her and chuckle to himself. Also hot:
The snowman scene! When he is sitting there with his legs crossed and puts her hand to his chest and says she already has his heart....sigh!
I loved all of his promises to protect her and shield her from the pain--and his pledge to always take care of her. I know it was sort of far-fetched considering his lifestyle--but I felt he saw something in her that he undeniably loved and ached for in his life. I also loved:
When Ju Yoo-rin went to "cheer him up" and they went to the arcade and played together like kids on the video games and dance revolution! That was so cute! That whole scene had me smiling and happy for him!
I think I fell for him so much because he reminds me of my husband (not so much in looks-but definitely in personality), because he pursued me in the same way when I was involved with another boyfriend--and offered me the same kind of promises of love and protection. It has worked out perfectly for me!

All the same, I also loved Lee Dong Wook and Lee Da Hae together. I was rooting for them as well--and loved the aching looks Seol Gong-chan gave to Ju Yoo-rin. The scene in the movie:
where he watched Seo Jung-woong put his hand on her head when she fell asleep was wonderful
. I also loved the times where he would race to save his Ju Yoo-rin. And who can forget that incredibly sexy:
slow, soft kiss--where he tells her he loves her and goes back to kiss her some more...sigh! I really think that American dramas could learn from this. Our shows here are so explicit in sex--but not that romantic. This K-drama has all of the sensuality and romance, all packed into one kiss and declaration of love.
I could say so much more--but I won't bore you to tears! The emotion I felt watching this show was like a unstoppable drive to see more of these characters and find out what happens next--mixed with the bittersweet knowledge that it would be over soon. It sort of made me depressed and out of sorts after I watched it--because I wanted more--to be a part of their world. It even made me sad that I will never speak Korean or probably ever even visit Seoul (I am an American living in the San Francisco Bay Area). I have never felt that way before about a television show. Did anyone else feel this way, or am I the only freak? The world is so big, and we only get one little corner of it.

Thanks for reading. I read through every post on this My Girl thread, so I feel as though I know some of you already. :thumright:
Lisa
Last edited by LisainCalifornia on Jul 28th, '06, 02:31, edited 2 times in total.

LisainCalifornia

Post by LisainCalifornia » Jul 25th, '06, 23:35

Okay, now for the questions I have been dying to ask...

1. Does anyone know where to get Ju Yoo-rin's boots? She had a really cute pair of white boots on at the airport before she threw herself down the stairs, and they sort of looked like these:
http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/8610393/c/949.html

I also liked the brown low heeled ones she wore.

2. Does anyone know the name of the hotel in Seoul that they filmed MG in?

3. I was left a little unsatisfied by the ending. I know from reading here that the girl and husband they brought on to be "real cousin" was from Sassy Girl, right? But I wished that they would have given us more of Ju Yoo-rin and Seol Gong-chan together. Are they now married? They had them lurking off the side acting very smoopy together (cute) but I was not sure really what happened?

4. Total curiosity question (I hope it is okay if I ask it!)....Does anyone know if Lee Joon ki is gay or straight? Has he had girlfriends in Korea? Makes no difference to me, but I wondered about that.

Thanks!
Lisa
Last edited by LisainCalifornia on Jul 26th, '06, 06:20, edited 1 time in total.

dokbupgi

Post by dokbupgi » Jul 26th, '06, 01:11

wow lisain i must show your post to my friend!! tho i watched a lot of korean drama, my good friend never did. sometimes i mentioned the nice ones during our conversations but she never never got interested. after i watched my girl i was so desperate to recommend to her i even pushed her the dvd set and made her keep it with her and almost begged her to try. i really hope your post would move them :)

though i dont have fancy for li jun ki (i don't find him hot nor good-looking at all) but this is only 1 drama which i did not skip the parts with the "2nd guy". i admit he's quite adorable in this drama (when he's not crying). the scene with the snowman is like etched in my mind! the director and scriptors and "scene designers" did such a good job... btw, the show i skipped most of the "2nd guy" scene is Goong (princesss hours).

LisainCalifornia

Post by LisainCalifornia » Jul 26th, '06, 02:30

That is funny because I tried to tell a few friends about it too--giving them links to watch the show, but no one else seems interested! So I know what you mean about trying to persuade your friend to watch. I can't see how anyone would not love My Girl!

I did not even touch on the fact that I loved the character of Ju Yoo-rin so much. She was so lovable :wub: I can see why the whole family of Grandfather loved her so much. It was cool how hardworking she was, yet so playful and youthful.

I have other questions about the show. First all--I am not asian. I am your typical blonde haired, blue eyed California girl type. So I don't know much about Korean culture. Am I writing the names right? I see some people calling her Yoo-rin. Is Ju her last (sur) name?

Next question. When Ju Yoo-rin and Seol Gong-chan went on their "holiday" trip together, was that a "romantic" trip? Did they even kiss or sleep in the same hotel rooms? I could not figure out how they could travel all over europe and asia, but never get romantic together? Is that forbidden in good-girl characters in k-dramas?

Thanks!
Lisa

emotion

my girl!!!!!

Post by emotion » Jul 27th, '06, 14:58

i need download my girl.. but it doesn't work... please anybody help me..

milleu87

Post by milleu87 » Jul 27th, '06, 15:00

you need to describe more than that.

truepinaygirl

Post by truepinaygirl » Jul 28th, '06, 05:37

hey to everyone!

First time here! i just really LOVED MY GIRL!!! it is the first k-drama i've seen. and i loved it!!! :cheers:

i watched the whole show in 2 days! i couldn't stop watching.. i stayed up. haha.

I LOVE LEE DONG WOOK & LEE DA HAE! :wub: and lee jun ki too!
NOW IM SO ADDICTED TO THEM! :thumleft:

I REALLY WANT TO BUY THE DVDS! DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET THEM (U.S.A.)??

basha! :D