Soulmate (MBC, 2006)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Jan 14th, '08, 11:32

There's a list of all the songs used in the drama on www.dramabeans.com.

Ayulyn

Post by Ayulyn » Jan 17th, '08, 04:52

Néa Vanille wrote:There's a list of all the songs used in the drama on www.dramabeans.com.
I was browsing through someones post about the funniest Kdramas and you said "Soulmate" so I browsed and downloaded. I just finished the whole series and it was amazing..The OST and everything fit perfectly.

So..thank you. :lol

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Jan 18th, '08, 12:25

And many thanks from me too.

Some of Néa's posts back in 2006 really inspired me to watch Soulmate and it is still amongst my top 3 favorite k-dramas. Also thanks to Ssang as well, for starting this thread and including nice pix :)

JlovesVan

yep..

Post by JlovesVan » Jan 18th, '08, 22:05

I agree with everyone else! Definitely in the top 3 k-dramas of all time. I found this to be a perfect drama and the soundtrack was amazing! I bought the OST from Yesasia and listen to it all the time. If you haven't seen it go watch it right away :)

JlovesVan

yep..

Post by JlovesVan » Jan 18th, '08, 22:05

I agree with everyone else! Definitely in the top 3 k-dramas of all time. I found this to be a perfect drama and the soundtrack was amazing! I bought the OST from Yesasia and listen to it all the time. If you haven't seen it go watch it right away :)

Ayulyn

Post by Ayulyn » Jan 19th, '08, 18:15

Does anyone have the new OST titled Soulmate Forever?

Release Date: 2007.12.28
Genre: Television Soundtrack

CD 1

01. Heartbeat / Annie
02. Kiss Me / Olivia
03. River / Lasse Lindh
04. Expired / Douglas Heart
05. Bella Luna / Jason Mraz
06. Underdog/Overdog / Edson
07. Kiss, Kiss / Parov Stelar
08. I Don't Wanna Talk About It / Julienne Taylor
09. Into The Blue / Laurel Music
10. Ignorance / Leslies
11. This is the Morning / Club 8
12. Can You Come For Me / The Poems
13. Milkyway / TowaTei Feat. Ryuichi Sakamoto & Yukalicious

CD 2

01. Don't Turn Away / Jeppet Feat. Kjun
02. La Escapada / Narcotic Blue Featuring Liz
03. 시간이 약이 된다고...(Original version) / Postino with Mogi
04. Crazy Love (Soulmate version) / Blue 'Sorbet
05. Cream Eyed Orion (Sballoc Pordtaews mix) / Jeppet [Music Video]
06. Simba / Chami Project
07. Americano Bagle / MinamCollection
08. Hypnotize / Peshay
09. I'll Be There / 성현 Feat. 성진
10. Ann Arbor / 이담(李淡) Feat. 장규진(on Double Bass)
11. Kiki / 몽라 (Monla)

Looks AMAZING. I cannot wait til I get my hands on it! Hopefully someone uploads it here too.

RavenAvenger

Post by RavenAvenger » Feb 4th, '08, 02:59

Soulmate 2! some good news. guys, I wrote the people over at MBC and they replied promptly:
“Thank you for your compliment on MBC’s SOULMATE. Your email’s being a lot help to promote this program. I am working in the business department where we sell our contents worldwide. Because sit-coms are not the big selling content, and because the charaters in SOULMATE are not the ‘well-known’ ones in Asia or in other countries, that this ‘good’ program did not mark the bug sale. But being encouraged by your email, I might try once more to try to introduce SOUlMATE again to more viewers worldwide.
I will also forward your email to the producer to encourage him to fight for the time block for ’season 2′.!! ^^
Thank you!!
Haewon Chin
International Business Division
MBC”

So, if we could write them to show that there are a lot of fans out there (cause the ones who don’t live in Korea haven’t been counted in the ratings) it might encourage them to have the second season. and if we could all spread the word so that other people will watch the show when they reintroduce it, it would really help a lot. So we can all enjoy this show once again.

And it definitely pays to write!

here’s the site with all their email contacts. just cc all of them, that’s what I did.
http://content.mbc.co.kr/e_mbc/biz_main.asp

~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm not the original writer of this email!!! I wrote my own email after reading this and i'm spreading the word!!! Help us get a season 2!~~~ ^_^

Ayulyn

Post by Ayulyn » May 8th, '08, 18:18

I was looking through z-degrees, when I came up on this album and in the description it said this..

(Bolded the important part)
Presenting a whole new texture of rock, Aquibird's latest album Whose Dream explodes in an eclectic collision of electronica and reggae sounds. Aquibird consists of two members: disc jockey/songwriter DJ Magik Cool J, already famous for writing and producing for TV commercial songs as well as soundtracks for dramas like I Hate You, But It's Fine, Come Back, Soon Ae, and Soulmate: Season 2; and the main vocalist Lady Jane, who offers a unique vocal style enveloped in bossa nova and French pop. Delivering a wider variety of sounds than Peppertones or Loveholic and laying more emphasis on guitar than Portable Groove 09 or Humming Urban Stereo, Aquibird weave their own musical tapestry that beautifully captures the trendy feel of European sophistication and the sweet essence of cotton candy. Hoping to venture out into the world market, the entire album is recorded in English - a wise decision for a group filled with such abundant talent.

Umm. Soulmate: Season 2? Is it really true??? =/ I haven't kept up because I heard there wasn't going to be one, but now I see this and I'm wondering If it's true!

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » May 10th, '08, 14:33

Interesting.

I think the producers did have plans for Season 2 but then scrapped it due to a lack of interest. Could've been the same deal with Aquibird and the OST for S2.

yobuseyo

Post by yobuseyo » May 12th, '08, 18:20

RavenAvenger wrote:if we could all spread the word so that other people will watch the show when they reintroduce it, it would really help a lot. So we can all enjoy this show once again.

And it definitely pays to write!

here’s the site with all their email contacts. just cc all of them, that’s what I did.
http://content.mbc.co.kr/e_mbc/biz_main.asp

~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm not the original writer of this email!!! I wrote my own email after reading this and i'm spreading the word!!! Help us get a season 2!~~~ ^_^

i really really really really want SEASON 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and i agree with you. we should send emails so that they will think it over!!!!!!!!!!
but i dont know korean :(( .. so i cant write. i tried to open the link you've given but i couldn't. maybe you can write the message here and we'll copy paste it.

noname11

Post by noname11 » May 18th, '08, 02:40

This looks soooo good. I am going to watch it in the summer. This right now is the drama of the month in the group Kdramas on crunchyroll.com.

Filmfan

Soulmate DVD will be released on June 10, 2008

Post by Filmfan » Jun 2nd, '08, 15:06

the SOULMATE DVD (high quality) will be released on June 10, 2008. It has both English and Spanish subtitles. You can purchase the dvd on www.mbc24tv.com. I'm still waiting word of any possibility for a second season. Right now they told me that it isn't being made but I wrote to find out if there is anything us fans can do to get the second season going. Hopefully if there is a good amount of sales on the dvd they can see a demand for it, plus if we write directly to the ones in charge in Korea as well. I freakishly love this show and I seriously hope that the second season comes cause I need some closure!

Filmfan

The direct link to the "Soulmate" DVD

Post by Filmfan » Jun 10th, '08, 19:41

Here's the direct link to where you can purchase the "Soulmate" dvd with English and Spanish subtitles:
http://www.mbc24tv.com/shopping/product ... asp?pid=43

And oh the person from MBC told me that he's still searching for the right person to get in touch with at the headquarters in Korea so that we can find a way to get the second season of Soulmate going. I'm still pretty hopeful.

Enjoy! :cheers: :D

Ayulyn

Post by Ayulyn » Jun 11th, '08, 04:41

OMG 75 dollas! Omg..but I really want it. Maybe when I can afford it haha.

whatever0024

Post by whatever0024 » Jul 4th, '08, 08:13

I just finished this earlier this week. It's easily one of my favorite Korean dramas of all-time. I never even heard of this drama until recently when many people said it is one of the most underrated dramas. I love the OST, the cast, the storyline, the witty script filled with philosophical dialogue. Everything flowed so well together, and the ending is short and sweet. If they're meant to be together, then they'll find each other again.

It's amazing that not too many have seen this. After finishing this drama, I researched more about it online and found out that it had very low ratings and interest. That's shocking because it's a very high quality drama, not your typical Korean drama at all.

Ayulyn

Post by Ayulyn » Jul 4th, '08, 19:19

whatever0024 wrote:I just finished this earlier this week. It's easily one of my favorite Korean dramas of all-time. I never even heard of this drama until recently when many people said it is one of the most underrated dramas. I love the OST, the cast, the storyline, the witty script filled with philosophical dialogue. Everything flowed so well together, and the ending is short and sweet. If they're meant to be together, then they'll find each other again.

It's amazing that not too many have seen this. After finishing this drama, I researched more about it online and found out that it had very low ratings and interest. That's shocking because it's a very high quality drama, not your typical Korean drama at all.

Exactly. This drama..it makes no sense how the ratings are so low. T_T but maybe it has something to do with the fact that the actors and actresses aren't huge celebrities. Wasn't that the reason they said they couldn't do the second season?

*sigh* I also couldn't believe it when I noticed just how many people had never even heard of it.

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Jul 6th, '08, 15:49

There's an interesting article over at dramabeans about popular and buzzworthy dramas:

http://www.dramabeans.com/2008/07/popul ... hy-dramas/

The three categories she discusses are:

1/ Popular daily-dramas without any buzz (You're My Destiny)
2/ Lowly rated dramas but getting plenty of attention (My Sweet Soul)
3/ Dramas with both ratings and buzz. (Iljimae)

But there is a 4th category she doesn't mention, which is:

4/ Low rating dramas that no-one talks about (Soulmate)

If it wasn't for the members here at d-addicts I wouldn't have even known about this little gem as there was no discussion about it anywhere else previously. Can always rely on DA to find the golden egg!

violetflower

Post by violetflower » Jul 17th, '08, 04:43

Sigh ... I really want to see a second season just as much as you guys want it. =( The chances of it happening are slim. After all, if they are going to produce it, they want good ratings for it. Or else all the time and effort they waste to make the series will waste everything they put into it ... I wrote an email to the director of MBC but I wrote in english. I don't know if my email will be read at all. But I wanted to reach out because I love Soulmate so much, and would be so very pleased if I could see a second season...

I can see Soulmate is a korean drama different from the usual ones you see that almost immediately gain popularity partially if the parts are being played by very well known and good actors and actresses. Perhaps it's one of the reasons why most people aren't watching it. >< But Soulmate isn't like one of those dramas that gives you a definite look into where the love triangles start and who's in love with who because everyone is so intermingled with each other. Also, Dong Wook and Soo-Kyung didn't even meet each other until like halfway throughout the series even though they were already connected to one another indirectly. I'm waiting for others to discover this drama and give it a chance. From the moment I watched the first episode I was hooked onto the very end, and then longing for more and more.

violetflower

Post by violetflower » Jul 17th, '08, 15:03

I tried contacting the people at MBC at http://caption.imbc.com/eng/qna/qnawrite.aspx but I don't know if I'll get a response. The link that was given earlier by someone didn't work for me either.

Fathiya

Post by Fathiya » Jul 18th, '08, 06:30

I really liked this drama from the first ep, its very different from the usual love-triangles ... the acting was great and the characters were well developed...i could actually relate to each of the characters, they are ppl who you encounter in your everday life

violetflower

Post by violetflower » Jul 18th, '08, 18:37

Yeah, I agree. I wish we could show MBC how many fans Soulmate really has so the second season would have better ratings. Is it because MBC didn't like the ratings for the first season? I heard the ratings were so-so; not exactly terrible but not really high like lots of people were tuning in to see it. Sigh ...

maakopla

Post by maakopla » Oct 20th, '08, 12:13

I finally finished watching this show. It was refreshing, entertaining funny and had a killer OST but I still kind of regard it as a waste of my time. I may be the only person in whole world who thinks like that...So-Kyung and Dong Wook had great chemistry, it was amazing. But it was annoying how the same scenes kept repeating again and again. At first it was such a sweet idea of destiny but all that talk about destiny and soul mates suddenly turned me off. Especially when So-kyung and Dong Wook finally met it was so overly sweet <_< And Yu-jin became so annoying toward the end that I was wondering why all other characters bothered to be her friends. So-kyung brother was such a cool character. I also loved all the absurd humor in the show.
Ending was such a disappointmen. I was like bujaaaaa!!! Shirooo!! Gimem back my time. Of course they are gonna meet in Japan and all but it was such an annoying ending. I'd prefer that Dong Wook had bumped into So-kyung when he ran way from the camera.
Shin Dong Wook is such a hottie xD He looks like an angel without the hairband <3

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Oct 20th, '08, 14:50

heh....so many people hate the ending to soulmate and some have even gone as far as going through the final few frames to try and point her out! But it's just a typical open-ended ending that's prevalent in k-dramas and movies.

lazyalexa

Post by lazyalexa » Oct 26th, '08, 01:35

LOVE this series! its not the typical korean drama where someone is diagnosed with a chronic disease :X
It's also has its humorous side. And the soundtrack is GREAT!

lazyalexa

Post by lazyalexa » Oct 26th, '08, 01:35

This drama really makes you wonder WHERE IS MY REAL SOULMATE?

lazyalexa

Post by lazyalexa » Oct 26th, '08, 01:36

I loved this one...and also it has a great OST!!!...and the main characters are really funny!!!!

lazyalexa

Post by lazyalexa » Oct 26th, '08, 01:36

When I first saw this drama, man, I thought the cast was a bunch of actor rejects, but then the storyline and the characters blended into some kind of really weird feeling drama almost to the point of disgust for me. It included too many themes revolving from one character to another for me to follow and understand. There is a girl character who is always polite, then another girl character who can't keep his boyfriend straight with a seductress, and then there were many different types of men characters, some manly, others articulate, and another an intellectual player.

lazyalexa

Post by lazyalexa » Oct 26th, '08, 01:37

This was really good. i hope they have a sequel. I liked how the characters developed their relationships. There was one guy that was very funny, but i don't remember his name. He was like some character's younger brother

lazyalexa

i just finished this drama and it was really good. it was funny and i enjoyed it a lot. it was worth watching. i hope there's a sequel to this...

lazyalexa

i really thought ther would be a second season to this, but i guess not since it's been so long! i just wanted to see the 2 main characters end up together .. but i guess that they kinda implied that they were because they ended up both in the same place.

lazyalexa

Post by lazyalexa » Oct 26th, '08, 01:38

i really really loved this drama. i especially loved the ending because it was not rushed and let the viewers use their imagination of waht will happen next, and we all know what will happen next (hence the title "Soulmate".) i was hoping for a second seasn but i guess there wont be one because its been two years already. :wub:

lazyalexa

Post by lazyalexa » Oct 26th, '08, 01:38

I quite like the idea of the soulmate thing and the drama was quite good (well, atleast the actors are) but I thought that the supernatural connection was dissapointing.

lazyalexa

Post by lazyalexa » Oct 26th, '08, 01:39

Watched this after watching a fan MV at a friend's... I managed to finish the series in one day (yesterday). I had to skip a lot of parts, mostly Jung-Hwan and Mi-Jin's parts... since there was a lab report waiting to be finished XD But this series was awesome! Definitely one of the best Korean series I'd ever watched. Some people may say otherwise regarding the end, but I thought the pacing was excellent and the ending was near perfect and gave the viewers plenty of hope. I normally hate those type of endings, but for this series it seemed right. If they had made them live together happily ever after with some lame kiss or something cliche, it would have left some disappointment. One of the highlights of the series was getting the multiple sides of a story --- the guy's version of his date, and the girl's version of their date.

The soundtrack was awesome, the lead and side characters were endearing, character development was good for the most part, and the humor is hilarious. Mi-Jin cracks me up! I LOL'd at her claim that she was president of her high school's yaoi fanclub when Jung-Hwan was trying to get rid of her ---- that was a hilarious moment! The story between Dong-Wook and Su-Kyung was very touching, and I manage to get a bit teary whenever their theme starts to play ("C'mon Through" - Lasse Lindh). Discovered a new artist through

lazyalexa

Post by lazyalexa » Oct 26th, '08, 01:40

This was a pretty good drama!! i wish they showed dong wook and su gyeong getting together in the end though .. i know they kinda implied it because both of them were in japan, but it would've been nice to see them meet .. to show that they really are fated to be together!!

lazyalexa

Post by lazyalexa » Oct 26th, '08, 01:40

I really like this drama......especially the music.....lol.....does anyone know where I can find the OST?

I'm also really confused.....the lead guy in this drama.......Shin Dong Wook......really looks like the guy in My Girl.....not the main guys but the guy that liked Hwang Bo (the secretary).......but obviously the names are listed differently......but still......is there something wrong with me?.....

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Oct 26th, '08, 14:49

Erm....you just posted like 12 messages in a row :O

Haven't seen that kinda exuberance in these forums for a while....

pirtybirdy

Post by pirtybirdy » Oct 26th, '08, 14:56

At the beginning of this thread with the posts of the pictures from this drama, it looks like there is a little something for everyone in this drama....lol! I think I might like to watch this one....lol!

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Oct 26th, '08, 15:15

Ah yes...definitely something for everyone....and you get twice the fun if you bat for both teams :D Not that I bat for both teams mind you, just saying :)

Tsukiyomi

Post by Tsukiyomi » Apr 4th, '09, 07:46

Definitely a great series. but i can't envision a second season. It was a great story and i liked the intertwined order of events and the ending was intentionally unsatisfying... But i wouldn't know what to do with a second season, but the story does need a more fulfilling ending.. surprised the Korean ratings were so low for this series.

ackirom

Post by ackirom » Feb 5th, '10, 22:45

I'm barely starting to watch this, and wow, the characters names are... well, they're their own names iRL!!

White Reflection

How many episodes for Soulmate??

Post by White Reflection » Mar 15th, '10, 02:13

Hi

There is Korean Drama called "Soulmate"

Is it 12 or 22 episodes?

@@

Here it is written 22

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Soulmate

and here it is written 12

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_56079.htm

I thought there is second season. @@

What do you think?

purple07mars

12 episodes

Post by purple07mars » Mar 15th, '10, 02:49

there are only 12 episodes of soulmate, unfortunately.

White Reflection

Re: 12 episodes

Post by White Reflection » Mar 15th, '10, 17:14

purple07mars wrote:there are only 12 episodes of soulmate, unfortunately.

You mean it should be 22 episodes, but in the Internet there is just 12 episodes?

WolftraX

Post by WolftraX » Mar 15th, '10, 19:08

There are technically 22 episodes. Episodes 01-02 are an hour long, but 03-22 are only 30 minutes. Eps 03-04, 05-06, etc. aired together. So some sites say there are only 12 eps, but as long as you have roughly 12 hours of the drama you have it all.

No second season.

joykimlee

Post by joykimlee » Oct 18th, '10, 15:45

Pls recomend kdramas like Soulmate - not draggy but still so romantic. Remind of Satorare jdrama. Thx to all subbers. Shin Dong Wook is super sexy.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Oct 18th, '10, 16:12

JiveTalkinRobot

Post by JiveTalkinRobot » Oct 19th, '10, 18:58

Put this on my must watch list, thanks.

JiveTalkinRobot

Post by JiveTalkinRobot » Nov 16th, '10, 09:04

Wow...finally finished it. I'm really happy that this thread re-emerged. Definitely worth the watch, good stuff. I actually really liked the ending, despite what a lot of people have said about it.

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Dec 2nd, '11, 23:22

Lasse Lindh appears on the Swedish program "Svenskars Hemliga Liv"
It can be seen here: http://www.tv3play.se/play/257428
You have to click "Ja", blue button ("Yes") to begin watching. (Confirm that your 18 years old).

The show is also about a Swede that is the program leader of the Japanese show "King's Brunch".

However, I'm not sure if people from other countries can view this show.

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Dec 12th, '11, 21:39

I have made a translation of the Swedish show "Svenskars Hemliga Liv" which features LiLiCo host of the Japanese show KING's BRUNCH.
The show is also about Lasse Lindh, who's song "C'mon Through" was featured in the Korean drama Soulmate.
The translation can be found here.