Discuss Korean drama series here.
earthangel_713

Fireworks (MBC, 2006)

Post by earthangel_713 » May 6th, '06, 14:50

Fireworks 불꽃놀이
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v116/ ... oto_13.jpg[/img]
Official Website: http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/firework/

불꽃놀이 (Fireworks) a.k.a “Exhibition of Fireworks (불꽃놀이)”
MBC May 13 - 16 Episode Weekend Drama, follows 신돈 (Shin Don)
PD: 6
Starring Lead: Kang Ji Hwan (강지환) and Han Chae Young

In the drama, HCY plays the role Shin Na Ra (신나라) who is an ordinary spinster having no money and family background and she works as a beauty planner for a cosmetics company. Na Ra takes a spicy revenge on her ex-boyfriend after she was betrayed by him after 7-year’s dating with him. Kang Ji Hwan plays the role Na In Jae (나인재) who was a soccer player and has a bright appearance attracting many women. Actress Park Eun Hye (박은혜) plays the role Cha Mi Rae (차미래) who likes In Jae although he doesn’t like her. Then, she accept the love from the character Kang Seung Woo (강승우) played by actor/singer Yoon Sang Hyun (윤상현).

Cast:
Han Chae Young
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v116/ ... to4657.jpg[/img]

Kang Ji Hwan (강지환)
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v116/ ... JiHwan.jpg[/img]

Park Eun Hye (박은혜)
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v116/ ... to8550.jpg[/img]

Yoon Sang Hyun (윤상현)
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v116/ ... o12271.jpg[/img]

buffyreg
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by buffyreg » May 6th, '06, 14:59

OMG! One week to go... What time will this be aired?
I really like Yoon Sang Hyun again in a drama... he was really good in Marry a Millionaire...
thanx for the info... ^.^

earthangel_713

Post by earthangel_713 » May 7th, '06, 14:36

At 9:40pm I believe. :-)

buffyreg
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by buffyreg » May 7th, '06, 14:57

earthangel_713 wrote:At 9:40pm I believe. :-)
thanx...

blackstarjr

Post by blackstarjr » May 7th, '06, 15:09

:cheers: :cheers: Han Chae Young Han Chae Young :w00t: :w00t: :wub: She is in a new dorama..nice..been dying to see her on the screen again..hehe..Will definitly check it out once it airs..sigh..few more days to go

vicky

Post by vicky » May 9th, '06, 21:24

isn't the main caracter the one in "delightful girl"?

ccha7

Post by ccha7 » May 10th, '06, 05:48

vicky wrote:isn't the main caracter the one in "delightful girl"?
yes, it is...please support HCY..she is a good actress... :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

^_MISA_^

Post by ^_MISA_^ » May 14th, '06, 06:12

[MBC] Fireworks EP 1 HQ

http://clubbox.co.kr/creidesca
Last edited by ^_MISA_^ on May 14th, '06, 06:33, edited 1 time in total.

Saragorn
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Saragorn » May 14th, '06, 06:29

OooooOOOOOOOooooo... I'll download if I find out there'll be subs. :D

I love HCY, and that guy, Yoon Sang Hyun... I think he was the "other guy" in Marrying a MIllionaire. Sounds like fun!

buffyreg
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by buffyreg » May 14th, '06, 07:39

i wasnt able to catch the 1st episode last night... was it any good? the cast looks interesting....

earthangel_713

Post by earthangel_713 » May 14th, '06, 21:28

Thanks MISA for first ep! All I need to wait for is the subs. :mrgreen:

shminda

Post by shminda » May 23rd, '06, 22:25

hcy looks really pretty in that picture posted there, especially that outfit she's wearing, it looks real nice on her :)

Hyun

Post by Hyun » May 25th, '06, 15:26

I'm looking forward to watching this. I'm just waiting for the subs to come out. I'm usually impatient and normally i'd be having a fit right now but i have a whole bunch of dramas to watch in the meantime so i'm good for now. Still can't wait though. Han Chae Young is awesome. I loved her in Chun Hyang and Only You.

Xi@h
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Xi@h » May 27th, '06, 15:24

Great, can't wait to see this one :D

xlucy123

Post by xlucy123 » May 29th, '06, 16:01

is the sub out yet. i was wonder wat is clubox? and how do you guys wacth it on air. do you guys need cable or something??? just wondering
i'm new at there kid of suff

shminda

Post by shminda » May 29th, '06, 22:39

xlucy123 wrote:is the sub out yet. i was wonder wat is clubox? and how do you guys wacth it on air. do you guys need cable or something??? just wondering
i'm new at there kid of suff
The subtitles as far as I know are still being on worked on by WithS2 subbing squad, so be patient and wait please. [[Note, in the subtitles forum please refrain from asking for subtitles, each time someone ask for subtitles or it to be faster = 1 hour or so delay in release of the subtitles]]
Clubbox is a program to download korean dramas, as well as other stuff. To find out more you should go back to Korean Culture & Entertainment and look at the The Official Clubbox Thread. You can learn how to use it and have questions answer there.
As for watching it on air, I wouldn't know, I watch it by downloading the episodes and waiting for the subbers to finish subbing. Cable-wise, if you're in the US//California area the only way I know to watch KDrama on TV is Channel 18 and 44 I think. But I'm more use to 18, it shows around 9:50ish PM most weekdays, some have subtitles and some don't.
Hope this helps. =]

earthangel_713

Post by earthangel_713 » May 30th, '06, 02:53

They will be showing Epi 7 & Epi 8 on Saturday only.

Epi 7 ... 3rd June (Saturday) korea time 9:40pm

Epi 8 ...3rd June (Saturday) korea time 10:40pm

Football on 4th June 9:40pm
(Credit Luv)

안녕하세요! 사랑지기입니다.
<불꽃놀이>의 8회 방송이 월드컵 국가대표 최종평가전 '대한민국' 대 '가나' 중계로 인해
6월4일(일) 밤 9시 40분에서 6월3일(토) 밤 10시 40분으로 방송 편성이 변경되었습니다.

6월 3일(토) 밤 9시 40분 7회 방송 후 연속 방송되는 <불꽃놀이> 8회 놓치지마시고,
6월 4일(일) 밤 9시 40분부터 방송되는 2006 독일월드컵 최종평가전
'감동 대한민국' 시청하시면서 국가대표 축구팀에게 응원과 여러분의 기(氣)를 보내주세요!

<채널고정> 2006 독일 월드컵은 MBC와 함께...

(News from Soompi)

Shorty

Post by Shorty » Jun 11th, '06, 18:22

shminda wrote: The subtitles as far as I know are still being on worked on by WithS2 subbing squad, so be patient and wait please. [[Note, in the subtitles forum please refrain from asking for subtitles, each time someone ask for subtitles or it to be faster = 1 hour or so delay in release of the subtitles]]
Clubbox is a program to download korean dramas, as well as other stuff. To find out more you should go back to Korean Culture & Entertainment and look at the The Official Clubbox Thread. You can learn how to use it and have questions answer there.
As for watching it on air, I wouldn't know, I watch it by downloading the episodes and waiting for the subbers to finish subbing. Cable-wise, if you're in the US//California area the only way I know to watch KDrama on TV is Channel 18 and 44 I think. But I'm more use to 18, it shows around 9:50ish PM most weekdays, some have subtitles and some don't.
Hope this helps. =]
hmm just a quick question. will the subtitles be hardsubbed or softsubbed? thanks for the information by the way. x]

*Lifo*

Post by *Lifo* » Jul 1st, '06, 17:26

for those who have watched it so far..is it recommended??

shminda

Post by shminda » Jul 1st, '06, 18:15

Shorty wrote: hmm just a quick question. will the subtitles be hardsubbed or softsubbed? thanks for the information by the way. x]
the subtitles are softsubbed and can be found in the subtitle thread
*Lifo* wrote:for those who have watched it so far..is it recommended??
i started it out of boredom and since i saw nothing else i really want to watch besides great inheritance/bad family and it turned out to be really good//interesting watch the first ep and see if u like it =]

BY THE WAY i'm uploading HQ version of fireworks [that is also hardsubbed if possible (meaning if subs are out at the time)] to direct download links for people to d/l at http://one-melody.livejournal.com

Merenge_5

Post by Merenge_5 » Jul 1st, '06, 19:14

Hi well I think it sounds pretty interesting^^ I think I'll watch it too, but only after the subs came out, because without is not that much fun^^'
How many episodes does it have?! I saw that ep.13 or14 was on a clubbox so is this episode rather new or old...I mean the subs did they just decide to sub it a short while ago and the drama had already aired or yeah...well I don't know if you understood what I wanted to say...doesn't matter the main thing is , that it will be subbed^^

earthangel_713

Post by earthangel_713 » Jul 1st, '06, 19:26

It's still airing on MBC. Today ep 14 just aired and tomorrow 15 will be aired on tv. So It's pretty new. There are 16 episodes all together.

Merenge_5

Post by Merenge_5 » Jul 2nd, '06, 17:44

Oh I see thanks for the info :cheers: ...well just gotta wait now for the subs T^T what do you think will they stilll need long time or not *can't wait to have them*?! Is this drama rather a happy or a sad dramà?! I still wasn't able to dl it!!

shminda

Post by shminda » Jul 3rd, '06, 17:22

nevermind
Last edited by shminda on Jul 4th, '06, 07:31, edited 1 time in total.

SkyyBlue

Post by SkyyBlue » Jul 4th, '06, 04:23

I dunno, kinda lost interest after Ep. 3. I think it gets better who knows.... I think I stopped cause I was watching something else or doing something

janet

Post by janet » Sep 15th, '06, 07:48

Hi

Do you happen to know the 18 sountrack?

jnara

comments on this series

Post by jnara » Sep 19th, '06, 05:51

this series is very boring and kinda waste of time to watch..i rate this 1/5

aziancp

Post by aziancp » Nov 1st, '06, 07:28

nara is very cute

BigNoodle

Post by BigNoodle » Dec 17th, '06, 11:09

btw, what the name of the actress playing the real Shin na-Kyung (Nara's sister) ??
I couldn't find anything about her, although she's the prettiest in this drama ^^

funki3

Post by funki3 » Dec 25th, '06, 16:37

this was the last kdrama i finished... and i liked it a lot. only thing i didn't like was the ending. it was kind of a let down, specially since nothing really awesome happened to the otp after they went through all that stupid drama.

bjharm

Post by bjharm » Jul 22nd, '07, 13:27

Liked it Han Chae Young look good and can act if she needed to prove anything after delightful

eirammm

Post by eirammm » Aug 19th, '07, 13:32

of all han chae young's drama ive seen so far, this is the only one i didnt like... of course she still has the good acting [that kept me going] but the plotline was B---S---. i totally hated it.. i thought this story will be something like love square just like typical korean dramas but it totally frustrates me.... i hated how those two guys went crazy in love with mi rae (the other girl). halfway through the ending, there are much more exposure of mi rae than the real main character na rah. gosh.... if you were to count all the scenes with mi rae, you would clearly tell that it seems that she is the main cast of the story. na rah got fewer roles as soon as episode 9 started.... plus if the director or the scriptwriter of this drama didnt inform the audience that it was na rah who is the main character here, i'd really think that this drama is focused in mi rae's perspective... they made na rah the evil girl here and would do anything to snatch all the men back in her life making mi rae's the innocent girl.

then there's seung woo... i hope there is no guy like him exist in the real world... i mean, living with a woman for 7 years and no love AT ALL? that's plain b.s.

i also hated how they only made in jae realized he has fallen in love with na rah at the 2nd to the last episode... and seemed like the ending was too rush for me.. it didnt even clearly tell how in jae really feels towads na rah... i didnt even see him getting jealous over and what not.... i hated how na rah was always in one sided love..... poor girl...

still enjoyed this drama since it was a drama with han chae young (my favourite actress) but i think this roleplay doesnt suit her best... i pity her on each episode

guiligirl

My opinion

Post by guiligirl » Apr 30th, '08, 13:46

I think that I couldn't have appreciated this drama that much if I hadn't seen Kang Ji Hwan playing Hong Gil Dong before. I watched the first 7 episodes non stop and I loved the relationship between Na Ra and In Jae, it was so sweet and romantic, and some scenes made me laugh out loud. What I didn't like was that [/spoiler] both guys ran after Mi rae, and Na Ra had to constantly "intrude" so that In Jae paid attention to her, and that lasted at least until the 15 or 16 episode. I was so fed up with the storyline that the "Saranghe" scene couldn't move me anymore.