Pure in Heart / Pure 19 (KBS, 2006)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
miaangelis

Pure in Heart / Pure 19 (KBS, 2006)

Post by miaangelis » Aug 31st, '06, 04:52

http://www.koreanwiz.org/at/drama-pureinheart.html

hopelessly addicted to yet another drama, why does this not surprise me??? :lol kdrama is like candy cant get enough after you see one episode. the characters are cute in this drama, esp the main female lead. also noticed that there is one actor and actress from goong, coincidence???

just wondering if anyone else has seen the drama and wha thought of it? also has anyone uploaded episodes, i kinda wasnt able to watch all of it b.c school start up again w/ exams.
Attachments
saranghae rain oppa! ^_^
saranghae rain oppa! ^_^
6956539530l.jpg (26.21 KiB) Viewed 5015 times

aznchic209

Pure in Heart

Post by aznchic209 » Sep 3rd, '06, 06:46

My best friend's mom was watching this series...pulled me to the couch to watch this series with her...with NO SUBTITLES! I didn't understand what was being said or what was going on...plus, I didn't like the setting...looked really old. However, right when I was about to leave, I started getting interested in the storyline...actually, more like I was into Yang Kukhwa and Park Yoon-hoo (the main girl and I believe the main guy, right) well...I predicted that he would fall for her and I think I'm right. They are really kute together and although I didn't get to see them socializing with each other, I'm pretty sure they end up falling for each other. Like the storyline but the setting, not so much.

Needleman

Post by Needleman » Sep 3rd, '06, 08:15

DramaWiki: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Pure_19

I'm also addicted to this drama...hahaha.... :D I find the plot to be simple but very interesting. There is a mix of romance and comedy that will surely get you hooked. I find the female lead Yang Gukwa (played by Gu Hyesun) cute and innocent. She is really suited for her role in this drama. Yeah, If you've watch Goong, I'm sure you'll recognize some of the actors/actresses in there.
just wondering if anyone else has seen the drama and wha thought of it? also has anyone uploaded episodes, i kinda wasnt able to watch all of it b.c school start up again w/ exams.
Here in d-addict, it was uploaded up to episode 11 but they're raws. Some clubbox has it but they're also raws in low or high quality versions. I wish someone will sub this but it's not likely to happen. It currently has 70+ episodes and counting...

Lilies

Post by Lilies » Sep 4th, '06, 18:08

i watch this show on weekdays. it comes on at 9:30 pm with subtitles :lol i have regular cable by the way

miaangelis

Post by miaangelis » Oct 6th, '06, 04:51

thanks for the replies guys, appreciate it. arrgh, but exams just killed like 3/4 of the show, so im like wha the heck is going on. the cute rich boy is completely falling for the farm girl...ahhh, how predictable. sucks how its all raws and no one can translate. im so addicted right now!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol, sad right?
Attachments
gotta luv the eye candy and apparently madonna knows how to pick her backup dancers, cause this one caught my eye-lol...
gotta luv the eye candy and apparently madonna knows how to pick her backup dancers, cause this one caught my eye-lol...
daniel campos1.jpg (6 KiB) Viewed 4944 times

costco

Showing in SF bay area on KTVN 36.2 digital

Post by costco » Oct 6th, '06, 08:58

They are airing Pure in Heart with english subtitles at 6pm on channel 36.2 digital over the air. If you have an HDTV/ATSC tuner it's 36-2 or right after 36-1 KICU. It's in the middle of the series somewhere I think. I have not watched from the beginning.

http://www.ktvnnc.com/

They air lots of other shows with english subtitles.

Lilies

Post by Lilies » Oct 6th, '06, 22:20

miaangelis wrote:thanks for the replies guys, appreciate it. arrgh, but exams just killed like 3/4 of the show, so im like wha the heck is going on. the cute rich boy is completely falling for the farm girl...ahhh, how predictable. sucks how its all raws and no one can translate. im so addicted right now!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol, sad right?
well i dont know where your were up to but...

the girl, Gukhwa moved out of the house because the mother of the boy(forgot his name) was getting really suspicious and paranoid that they were dating so she told gukhwa to move out. she did. and the rich guy (i really dont like him) is falling hard for her. and his girlfriend, sinhyeong, is getting really suspicious too. i like sinhyeong though. and the whole thing with eomji, the restaurant owner, well she's moving because of loan sharks of her ex husband
the next episode is on in like 3 hours i'll update on it if i can

Donna

Re: Pure in Heart / Pure 19 (KBS, 2006)

Post by Donna » Oct 20th, '06, 04:45

HI

I'm new to this discussion group. I watch Pure in Heart at midnight in Philadelphia, PA. I adore the main character. I hope and pray that she and the young man get together! I can't remember the names, but I love the main actress. I hope I can find anything else that she has acted in. She is very convincing.

Please, if anyone knows where I can find her bio or anything about her, please reply here. This is a refreshing, interesting comedy/drama.

Keep on producing this drama!!

Dee :D

miaangelis wrote:http://www.koreanwiz.org/at/drama-pureinheart.html

hopelessly addicted to yet another drama, why does this not surprise me??? :lol kdrama is like candy cant get enough after you see one episode. the characters are cute in this drama, esp the main female lead. also noticed that there is one actor and actress from goong, coincidence???

kusmog

Post by kusmog » Oct 20th, '06, 05:31

Lilies wrote:i watch this show on weekdays. it comes on at 9:30 pm with subtitles :lol i have regular cable by the way
Yes, they are airing this show on weekdays @ 9:30 pm in New York City (perhaps the tri-state area... it's broadcasted from NJ) with English subtitles like Lillies said. For those interested though it's shown on channel WMBC 63 (channel 20 on Cablevision). You don't need cable to watch it if you get channel 63 with good reception. I caught a bit of Pure in Heart while I was off from work and the series looks very interesting... unfortunately it's a daily series with 100-something episodes so those series usually don't get upped here. =(

Lilies

Post by Lilies » Oct 21st, '06, 01:43

Donna wrote:HI

I'm new to this discussion group. I watch Pure in Heart at midnight in Philadelphia, PA. I adore the main character. I hope and pray that she and the young man get together! I can't remember the names, but I love the main actress. I hope I can find anything else that she has acted in. She is very convincing.

Please, if anyone knows where I can find her bio or anything about her, please reply here. This is a refreshing, interesting comedy/drama.

Keep on producing this drama!!

Dee :D

miaangelis wrote:http://www.koreanwiz.org/at/drama-pureinheart.html

^Its hard to find info on her on english sites but here are some pictures.. and she was also in Xman, which is awesome because its my favorite show ever

heres the link for the xmen on youtibe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uF4Z6Xnr-dc

[img]http://kr.img.image.yahoo.com/ygi/galle ... e0c9f0.jpg[/img]
[img]http://kr.img.image.yahoo.com/ygi/galle ... 2a2ba6.jpg[/img][/img]

kusmog

Post by kusmog » Oct 21st, '06, 08:35

For those interested in seeing the next episode airing in NYC (it's subtitled and unfortunately up to episode 62) you can download it here: http://www.send-large-file.com/access.p ... 12ef608be9
I'm afraid I suck at encoding though, and my capture card isn't all that great either so don't kill me -__-;;

It's 327MB and about 30 minutes long.

edit: aww crap... the site I uploaded to is down for maintence! bad timing >_<;; unless anyone else knows another place to upload (megaupload goes up to 250 and ysi is now just 100... boo!!), the link should be available by Sunday... geez.

keichi630

Post by keichi630 » Oct 24th, '06, 15:58

Donna wrote:HI
I'm new to this discussion group. I watch Pure in Heart at midnight in Philadelphia, PA.
I watch it at midnight in Philadelphia too. I love this show.

Bam-Bam

Post by Bam-Bam » Oct 26th, '06, 05:19

I've been watching some of it,

The main girl is really cute. :wub: I believe she use to be a regular on the popular variety shows like X-Man and Love Letter.

Story line is similar to Bizarre Bunch. Very popular show that came right before it.

Donna

Post by Donna » Nov 3rd, '06, 05:54

Hi, :D

This is Dee again in Philly. What is the main actress's name? The suspense is killing me! I love this show but I hope the producers don't drag this drama with the farm girl out too much longer! It' s painful! I want her boss to break up with his girlfriend and tell farm girl how he feels about her. Then I wish the other guy, who is an employee, will also finally fess up about his love for her. I want her to marry one of them!!! I have never, ever been a soap fan but this is great casting and pure, exasperating suspense! I love the show! The guys are very good- looking! Great job guys!! I'd like to keep up with this actress and her two suitors. I'd like to see what else they are in. Thanks.
:thumleft:
Dee

miaangelis

Post by miaangelis » Nov 3rd, '06, 17:57

http://www.koreanwiz.org/at/drama-pureinheart.html

this should give you more information on the actors and actresses...

Donna

Post by Donna » Nov 7th, '06, 18:06

Thank you miaangelis for the info. on the site. I think the two main guys involved are so good-looking! This is great eye-candy! I love the farm girl too. I have never seen any of these actors in anything before. But I am there on the couch at midnight watching them! I always go to sleep angry because the cliff-hangers are so intense! :w00t:

Take Care,

Donna in Philly :D

OvertheRainbow

Post by OvertheRainbow » Nov 7th, '06, 18:42

This looks interesting. Does the show air in states other than NY,PA or the tri-state area? Does the show air in D.C area? I don't live in D.C but around 30 minutes away from there.

Donna

Post by Donna » Nov 7th, '06, 19:41

HI,

I don't know where else the show airs. All I know to do is to check your cable company or a TV schedule. Sorry I can't be of more help! It is really good and the acting and casting is great. Hope you get to see it!

Take Care,
Donna in Philly

michpros

Post by michpros » Nov 10th, '06, 01:50

OK - I am totally obsessed with Pure in Heart -- Iive in NJ and watch it faithfully -- does anyone know how many episodes there are -- I think we are on 74. .. . Also, I welcome spoilers.

gougz

Post by gougz » Nov 10th, '06, 03:42

Donna wrote:HI,

I don't know where else the show airs.
Donna in Philly
here in France it airs on Kbs world every day at 18h30 (gmt+1)
so maybe it aslo airs in kbs america

edit: i was right :D
http://www.kbs-america.com/sub/sub_programming.php

Pure in heart, monday to friday at 18h in LA and 21h in NYC

btw, here in kbs world in France it's up to episode 116 :P
Last edited by gougz on Nov 29th, '06, 14:55, edited 1 time in total.

hrjx333

Post by hrjx333 » Nov 10th, '06, 04:18

michpros wrote:does anyone know how many episodes there are -- I think we are on 74. .. . Also, I welcome spoilers.
Actually, it's still running,,episode 122 is airing today in korea,,

in the last episode, wookyung and yoonjung agree not to get married at all, even though that's not what they really want. their moms finally decide to apologize to each other, and yoonhoo does well on his presentation at his dad's company.

Carly5

Post by Carly5 » Nov 27th, '06, 02:52

mithpros - hi, I also live in NJ and watch this show faithfully. I believe there are 150 episodes. I just found the site where you can purchase the CD with all the pretty music. Actually, Gukhwa herself sings the beautiful love song that is played in her scenes with Yunhi.

I belong to another board which gives detailed reports of all episodes (it comes from Addie who is on a board in California) - she's nice enough to forward these episodes (daily) to the board I belong to. I'll give you the site - one is for "Pure in Heart-General" - they are about up to episode 78. The subtitles are as such - Episode 75, Episode 76, etc., just click on one and it will tell you that whole episode followed by people's comments on it. That site is: http://www.koreandramas.net/forum_85.html.

The other site is for "spoilers". That is up to episode 89, I believe. I couldn't help myself, I went in there today and read them. They even have one episode that is #99. That site is: http://www.koreandramas.net/forum_86.html

I'm not sure, but as with any of these sites, you may have to join. I don't think you do just to read it, but if you want to post, you'll have to join. Hope this helps.

Carly
:-)
Attachments
MollySmallBarrette.jpg
MollySmallBarrette.jpg (13.12 KiB) Viewed 4471 times

miaangelis

Post by miaangelis » Nov 29th, '06, 06:32

:D ur welcome donna

it really suxs that i cant c it all the time. exams r takin away time from me seeing it and then when i tried to jump back into it i was sooooooooooo confuzed :blink . it suxs that noone is going to sub this even though +100 epis so i can see why. the drama is SO good though.

gotta luv grey's anatomy though :lol , i luv dr. mcsteamy! :P
Attachments
eye candy for the day-lol...
eye candy for the day-lol...
Kamenashi Kazuya3.jpg (31.21 KiB) Viewed 4463 times
^_~  super kawaii!!!
^_~ super kawaii!!!
sojisup2.jpg (129.24 KiB) Viewed 4463 times

Constable Odo

Post by Constable Odo » Dec 18th, '06, 15:03

I'll be uploading Pure 19 complete episodes as long as the site allows it starting with Episode 101. All English subbed using medium quality DivX for quick encoding, small file size and low bandwidth. Thirty-four minutes per episode.

http://www.dailymotion.com/ConstableOdo/1

miaangelis

Post by miaangelis » Dec 30th, '06, 19:37

kamsamida!!! :cheers:

bedonald

Re: Showing in SF bay area on KTVN 36.2 digital

Post by bedonald » Jan 5th, '07, 00:45

Would you please let me know if pure 19 still show in 36.2 ktvn or not? If yes, what is date and time?

Thanks,

Yul

Post by Yul » Jan 5th, '07, 00:58

Hey guys I have a question.................Anyone watch pure heart on KBS World. Last week I missed couple of ep....I want to know what happen with the grandmother.....what she was doing going out everyday without telling anyone...dose she have an affire?

P.S.Before two days In KBS world channel...they showed that the last ep has been shoot & showed some scents.

Yul

Post by Yul » Jan 5th, '07, 01:00

Hey guys I have a question.................Anyone watch pure heart on KBS World. Last week I missed couple of ep....I want to know what happen with the grandmother.....what she was doing going out everyday without telling anyone...dose she have an affire?

P.S.Before two days In KBS world channel...they showed that the last ep has been shoot & showed some scents.

miaangelis

Post by miaangelis » Jan 5th, '07, 04:23

yul go here http://www.dailymotion.com/ConstableOdo/1
some of the episodes are uploaded

some can also be found in youtube.com, but you have to look under the title pure 19.

Donna

To All "Pure" Fans - esp. Carly5 ,Michpros,Yul and

Post by Donna » Mar 14th, '07, 04:16

Hi All--

Just thought I would write and see if you guys are still watching the show. I love it and am watching even as I type this! I love Gunghwa and Yunhu and every character. I love the casting! The actor that plays Yunhu is so unbelieveably handsome! I wish I were Gunghwa! :thumright:

Too bad we can't have a group and watch these great Korean dramas! I heard that there is another one after Pure in Heart is over. :-( I look forward to anything with the Gunghwa actress and Yunhu actor in it. Anyone know anything about that?

I will check this board occassionally.

Thanks to all of you!! :cheers:

Donna in Philly

temariatra

Post by temariatra » Apr 15th, '08, 01:57

i watched allll the episode and ...missed the last one -_-'''' i wrote spoilers on the internet but i want to watch it !!! if someone knows where ican find it plz oshiete kudasai ^_____^
it's really worth watching !!!!!!

amktsy

Post by amktsy » Nov 9th, '08, 08:43

I hate Yang Gukwa this character,when my mother and i watch this drama,we will definetely scold her.Channel u previous broadcast this drama and my mother everyday scold her but now no one to scold,so sad. :mrgreen:

sistergirl

Post by sistergirl » Apr 1st, '09, 04:18

this drama is good. everybody happy ending

misspinky

Post by misspinky » Apr 10th, '09, 02:29

is there any english hardsubbed good quality of this series out there?

oldlady

Post by oldlady » Apr 21st, '09, 20:10

I don't know about the quality, but you can find the complete series on veoh with english subs.

mjf

Post by mjf » Apr 21st, '09, 20:36

This drama is so good although it's long but it's worth your time.
Episode 1 is a bit boring, I didn't start from epi 1, I skip to the second epi, I wanted to find out whether it's good or not, then it got me hooked, I carried on till the end thinking of going back after I finished the whole lot but there was too many other dramas to be watched during that time, such as the korean lawyer, beethoven virus, kingdom of the wind, iljimae etc.. So, I never have time for epi 1, I think I did watch the second half of epi 1.
This drama combined with great comedy and sweet romance although it's quite sad but the ending is good. Many part of the drama is so funny.

Jaja

Post by Jaja » Apr 24th, '09, 03:48

I was able to watched this in cable KBS World 2, yes it was a good drama and it was long. I love the sound track.

mrvx
Malaysia

Post by mrvx » Aug 16th, '10, 07:15

its hard to find english subtitle...

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Aug 16th, '10, 11:23

Indeed, I couldn't fight eng subs either.

http://www.mysoju.com/hearts-of-19/

You can watch it online there with subs.

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Sep 28th, '10, 12:01

I was so happy yesterday when I found English hardsubs of this on Silentregrets. 5 episodes watched yesterday, 162 to go.

larissa26

Post by larissa26 » Jul 11th, '12, 16:35

thank u