Most evil character in K-dramas

Discuss Korean drama series here.
joonggook

Most evil character in K-dramas

Post by joonggook » Jan 8th, '07, 20:49

I'm not sure if this topic has been posted yet but I was wondering what are your picks for most evil character in a k-drama? My wife and I just recently finished "All About Eve" and that Huh Young-Mi is way evil :x .....I seriously wanted to wring her neck!

cacharel*

Post by cacharel* » Jan 8th, '07, 21:04

well ,, for me were yoori ( don't know if it was her name ... but her real name is Kim Tae-hee) and her mum in stairway to heaven the most evil characters i've ever seen ...
:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
they played their role so well...for sure... :salut: :salut:

joonggook

Post by joonggook » Jan 8th, '07, 21:16

oh yeah...in stairway to heaven - those 2 were pretty evil too, but they got caught! huh young-mi sorta got caught but not to the extent those 2 were...

Pnoy11

Post by Pnoy11 » Jan 8th, '07, 21:54

I thought Seung-hee from Glass Slippers was pretty evil.

arabian

Post by arabian » Jan 8th, '07, 21:58

I don't know her name but she is the girl that love rain in full houze..

anhnie

Re: Most evil character in K-dramas

Post by anhnie » Jan 8th, '07, 22:04

joonggook wrote:I'm not sure if this topic has been posted yet but I was wondering what are your picks for most evil character in a k-drama? My wife and I just recently finished "All About Eve" and that Huh Young-Mi is way evil :x .....I seriously wanted to wring her neck!
I agree! She had to be hands down the most evil character I've seen in a K-drama b/c she stopped at no ends to get what she wanted and she was such a depressed, complex character. So I hated her but felt sorry for her at the same time. The actress who portrayed that role did a superb job, her glares would give me chills. Best villian portrayal I've ever seen.

joonggook

Post by joonggook » Jan 8th, '07, 22:22

i agree with you anhnie. those laser glares could burn through anything! :crazy:

ohcrapimonfire

Post by ohcrapimonfire » Jan 8th, '07, 22:37

I thought Maya and her mother from Tree of Heaven were pretty evil, though the drama as a whole was pretty ridiculous. Too bad that the Japanese actress that played Maya seems to be typecast for antagonist roles, cause I like how she acts.

OH! And Director Baik from Delightful Girl! He was such an awful, selfish person...

NADZ

Post by NADZ » Jan 9th, '07, 18:38

cacharel* wrote:well ,, for me were yoori ( don't know if it was her name ... but her real name is Kim Tae-hee) and her mum in stairway to heaven the most evil characters i've ever seen ...
YES! :cry: :cry:

CraZyaH
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by CraZyaH » Jan 9th, '07, 18:51

Hana's evil Korean aunt in Heaven's Tree :x

Doogie

Post by Doogie » Jan 18th, '07, 23:31

Lovers in Prague - Ji Young-woo's father.

furelise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furelise » Jan 19th, '07, 16:26

i'd have to vote for Young-Mi in All About Eve too. Watched that many years ago but she was the first character that came to mind when i saw your thread title :D

perfection_001

Post by perfection_001 » Jan 19th, '07, 18:52

anhnie wrote:
joonggook wrote:I'm not sure if this topic has been posted yet but I was wondering what are your picks for most evil character in a k-drama? My wife and I just recently finished "All About Eve" and that Huh Young-Mi is way evil :x .....I seriously wanted to wring her neck!
I agree! She had to be hands down the most evil character I've seen in a K-drama b/c she stopped at no ends to get what she wanted and she was such a depressed, complex character. So I hated her but felt sorry for her at the same time. The actress who portrayed that role did a superb job, her glares would give me chills. Best villian portrayal I've ever seen.
OMG I agree!! Yoori and her mom were sooooo evil! Definately the most evil characters I have ever seen in a kdrama. They made me soooooo mad. I wanted Yoori and her mom to die a painful death...And yeah, the girl who played Yoori did it perfectly, her glares scared me also...they were demented o.o

MizTsukuura

Post by MizTsukuura » Jan 24th, '07, 08:41

i agree wif cacharel. Kim Tae Hee & her mom in stairway to heaven is really really evil!!
Also Park Eun Hye in Exhibition Of Fireworks & The rich guy that in love wif Choon Hyang in Delightful Girl Choon Hyang.

Yoo Kyung in Fantasy Couple & Hyo Rin in Goong is not evil but they are anoyying!! hehe. 'coz they try hard 2 split the lead roles..

BOGCHI

Post by BOGCHI » Jan 24th, '07, 09:10

MizTsukuura wrote: Yoo Kyung in Fantasy Couple
The lead girl from fantasy couple herself was pretty evil.. well I haven't finished it yet, maybe she'll get nicer...

MizTsukuura

Post by MizTsukuura » Jan 24th, '07, 09:22

yes, ur right Bogchi. but Yoo Kyung was try 2 split Sang Shil & Chul Soo in porposed. she even pretended 2 be drunk sp that chul soo come pick her up. i juz dun like a girl a her.. hehe.
well, u shud finish it soon. itz very interesting.. ^^[/quote]

Aku

Post by Aku » Jan 24th, '07, 09:59

Hmm..more than Director Baik in Delightful girl, I'd say the girl Chae rin was worse. Atleast the director likes the girl, Chae rin doesnt even want mong ryong anymore, she just wants to break them up. But then again, I haven't finished the drama yet.. ^^;

Oh, and one character that gave me ulcers was the evil girl from My Love Patzzi. Definitely evil to the core.. :pale:

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Jan 24th, '07, 18:11

i'd have to agree and say that Young Mi in All About Eve was just about one of the most evil characters i've ever seen in kdrama. though you could see her childhood was not a happy one, she did not have to sink to the depths that she did. in terms of a group of evil characters, though, i'd say that the "bad guys" in Resurrection were pretty bad. they stooped pretty low to do some of the things that they did.

i'd also nominate Mi Ran in Phoenix for the craziest character. she was also evil in a way, but really had some psychological issues mixed in as well that overshadowed everything else.

korean_foreva

Post by korean_foreva » Jan 24th, '07, 18:31

stairway to heaven....they were so evil to her TT

aznphannie

Post by aznphannie » Jan 24th, '07, 18:39

Kim Tae Hee's character in Stairway to Heaven.
That character was super nasty because Kim Tae Hee did a great job.
The way her eyes glared at people when she gets mad..that was good acting ^^

thtlam

Post by thtlam » Jan 24th, '07, 18:53

aznphannie wrote:Kim Tae Hee's character in Stairway to Heaven.
That character was super nasty because Kim Tae Hee did a great job.
The way her eyes glared at people when she gets mad..that was good acting ^^

I agree she was so evil it made me hate her character(not her) :D

gerryg

Post by gerryg » Jan 24th, '07, 19:11

Young M in All about Eve. The actress was so good I started hating her! Anytime the character get fused with the actor(ess)... the actor(ess) is damn good!!!!!!

wnndy

Post by wnndy » Jan 27th, '07, 20:55

that man that loved choong hyang in 'delightfull girl choon hyang'
wauww..he was evil...and actually there are a lot of evil characters in drama's who are trying to break the main leads up...

Annessa

Post by Annessa » Jan 29th, '07, 20:46

yeah... i would say Kim Min Sun as Seung Hee in Glass Slipper was pretty evil, and also Kim So Yeon as Young Mi in All About Eve.

i've noticed that in the more recent dramas... the second leads are usually just annoying characters, not so much evil.

noura

Post by noura » Jan 29th, '07, 21:05

I would say It's Mi-Ra from "Phoenix/Fire Bird" ... she's the most evil/sick/annoying persone I've ever seen.. I didn't watch all about eve.. so I can't say which one is more evil..

LuckyCharms

oh no

Post by LuckyCharms » Jan 30th, '07, 22:30

wnndy wrote:that man that loved choong hyang in 'delightfull girl choon hyang'
wauww..he was evil...and actually there are a lot of evil characters in drama's who are trying to break the main leads up...
Mr. Byun... ooooooooh I hate him!
But wouldn't it be fun to play an evil character in a drama if you were an actor/actress? I think so!

mayva

Post by mayva » Feb 2nd, '07, 17:21

I soooo agree with you! She was so convincing that she got me wanting to jump into the screen and kick the sh#% out of her but that's what proves her to be a great actress. She somehow disappeared, I haven't seen her in films lately or maybe I'm just not following. However during the specials when they were interviewing her about her role she seems very sweet. The director really did push her to play her character to the extreme, I think there were some parts in which he literally raised his voice at her b/c she wasn't being evil enough...

Another evil character that I had to hate was played by Lee Yuri in Loving You with Eugene and Yongha... dang she was evil. She really scared me b/c every time she gets angry she would shake a little bit.

twinkletwinkle

Post by twinkletwinkle » Mar 24th, '07, 07:59

i would agree with the stairway to heaven and all about eve....when i watched those dramas...i pretty much wanted to kill myself because i was soo made

smiley6yrl

Post by smiley6yrl » Mar 24th, '07, 08:13

BOGCHI wrote:
MizTsukuura wrote: Yoo Kyung in Fantasy Couple
The lead girl from fantasy couple herself was pretty evil.. well I haven't finished it yet, maybe she'll get nicer...
no, i would have to disagree with u guys here...i never thought they were evil, maybe the correct term to decribe them is MEAN, not evil.. they did not do everything in her power to physically hurt someone... and this serie is not the sad kind, so there are no real villian in here....

christaluvsdrama

Post by christaluvsdrama » Mar 24th, '07, 09:02

Lee Hwi Hyang as Tae Mira and esp. Kim Tae Hee as Han Yu-ri from Stairway to Heaven :cussing:

Ha Ji Won as Lee Ji Eun from Secret hehe i know this is an oldie but i have grudges against the now known as Hwang Jini :cussing:

Uhm Tae Woong as Byun Hak-do from Delightful Girl Choon Hyang :cussing:

and the newest evil is

Shim Hye Jin as Lady Hwa-Yong (Yul's mother) Goong :cussing:

wiseheart

Post by wiseheart » Mar 24th, '07, 09:46

Young Mi in All About Eve....she is SICKening !!

majing_28

Post by majing_28 » Mar 24th, '07, 10:31

for me it's the evil girl in loving you. she is so annoying
and the girl in all about eve

dazeree

Post by dazeree » Mar 24th, '07, 10:38

Youn Mi in AAE she is 'psycho-ning' :P

AboutDrama

Post by AboutDrama » Mar 24th, '07, 10:50

My wife and I just recently finished "All About Eve" and that Huh Young-Mi is way evil .....I seriously wanted to wring her neck!
I have to agree that the actress who acted "Huh Young-Mi" really good at acting bad, jealous and extremely ambitious person.
You watch with your wife...You're so nice. :-)

maakopla

Post by maakopla » Mar 25th, '07, 18:59

Director Baik in Delightful girl is so evil. When I watched this drama I was thinking "omg, will he never stop?!" Made me hate him so much!!

The gal from Spring Waltz, the one wearing glasses. I wish she would die or something, unable to give it up. so stupid...

that nasty guy in A Succesfull story of a bright girl. He stole everything with his dad. He was so nasty I almost freaked out watching the show^^

knuts

Post by knuts » Mar 26th, '07, 21:17

I would say the girl in "All About Eve".
Mi-ran in Phoenix was also bad, but since I watched All About Eve first, I could not help but kept thinking while watching Phoenix that Mi-ran was just trying to copy Young-Mi from All About Eve.

amtrp1990

Post by amtrp1990 » Apr 3rd, '07, 10:20

Oh! I would say Chae RIm from Sassy Girl Choon Hyung. She is selfish and she doesn't like Mong Ryong at all. Mr. Byun is also selfish but she likes Choon Hyung a lot.

Yoon Mi ( Kim So Yeon ) is evil but her acting is so nice. I like her so much in All about Eve.

junior_pansy

Post by junior_pansy » Apr 3rd, '07, 15:15

there's this old drama called Truth with Choi Ji Woo and Ryu Si Won in it.

The rich gal in there (forgot her name) is pretty evil too

:salut:

melie

Post by melie » Apr 3rd, '07, 15:31

maakopla wrote:Director Baik in Delightful girl is so evil. When I watched this drama I was thinking "omg, will he never stop?!" Made me hate him so much!!

The gal from Spring Waltz, the one wearing glasses. I wish she would die or something, unable to give it up. so stupid...

that nasty guy in A Succesfull story of a bright girl. He stole everything with his dad. He was so nasty I almost freaked out watching the show^^
I never watched A Succesfull story of a bright girl... but... the first two!!! MY GOSH!!! I HAVE TO TOTALLY AGREE WITH!!! ARGH!!! THEY ARE GET ME SE MAD AND!!! that girl wearing the glasses... gosh, i just want to like beat her up or something... and i hate her smirks... ARGH! I JUST WANT TO SCRAPE IT OFF HER FACE!!! okay, sorry for being so harsh... but i guess since i hate her so much, she must be a pretty good actress. hehehe. and the step mom and her daughter from STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN!! AISH! I JUST WANT TO KILL THEM!! THEN THE STUPID AUNT IN TREE OF HEAVEN!! ARGH!

notimeforfairytales

Post by notimeforfairytales » Apr 3rd, '07, 16:21

maakopla wrote:Director Baik in Delightful girl is so evil. When I watched this drama I was thinking "omg, will he never stop?!" Made me hate him so much!!
I HATED that guy! I have never been so mad watching a drama in my entire life! He had the whole "if I can't have her, then nobody shall" mentality that I hate so much! I get angry just thinking about him.. lol

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Apr 3rd, '07, 16:34

Hwang Jung Eum as Lee Jung Min in 'The person I love'...
What her character does to the poor baby is just plain wrong...
:cry:

biancs

Post by biancs » May 27th, '07, 06:17

For me, it's Young-mi from All About Eve and Yuri from Stairway to Heaven. :x

queequeg

Post by queequeg » Jun 1st, '07, 19:23

Okay I agree. Director Baik from Delightful Girl is pretty bad.
However, I am now watching Green Rose and I have to say Shin Hyun-Tae takes the prize as the most evil character in all the series I have seen so far.

Evil!!!!!
Just-want-to-beat-him kind of evil!!

Fin_gurly

Post by Fin_gurly » Jun 5th, '07, 13:50

Yoo Hee's dad from Witch Yoo Hee :cussing: and Yoo Joon Ha :cussing:

ah-pi

Post by ah-pi » Jun 19th, '07, 16:33

Kim Bae-deuk, the evil stepmom of Ja-kyung Love in Heaven. She takes the prize for being the most wicked character in Korean dramas! But yea, that aunt and daughter in Heaven's Tree are both just as evil.

JlovesVan

evil characters...

Post by JlovesVan » Sep 4th, '07, 23:47

for me it has to be a tie between the evil girl in "all about eve" and the step sister in "Glass Slipper" they really don't get more evil then her *yikes*

knuts

Post by knuts » Sep 6th, '07, 18:40

ah-pi wrote:Kim Bae-deuk, the evil stepmom of Ja-kyung Love in Heaven. She takes the prize for being the most wicked character in Korean dramas! But yea, that aunt and daughter in Heaven's Tree are both just as evil.
oh..yeah...that evil stepmom of Ja-kyung.....she would make my blood boil as well

LocaBonita

Post by LocaBonita » Sep 25th, '07, 10:03

i cant rememebr her name but she is the girl who loves rain in full house .. and i hated her charactr in wonderful life too .. :cussing:

katrina_097

Post by katrina_097 » Dec 7th, '07, 11:25

cacharel* wrote:well ,, for me were yoori ( don't know if it was her name ... but her real name is Kim Tae-hee) and her mum in stairway to heaven the most evil characters i've ever seen ...

i think so... :-)

MandyHoon

Post by MandyHoon » Dec 7th, '07, 17:12

Fin_gurly wrote:Yoo Hee's dad from Witch Yoo Hee :cussing: and Yoo Joon Ha :cussing:
yeah... very agree with you.... Yoo Hee's dad is absolutely EVIL :cussing:
but... for Yoo Joon Ha, not too evil, coz in the last, he absolutely change to a great man...

harharpan

Post by harharpan » Feb 20th, '08, 18:32

@_@ Definitely agree.

MajidB
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by MajidB » Feb 20th, '08, 22:50

Choi DongChan from Resurrection(Buhwal)!!

leenzy

Post by leenzy » Feb 21st, '08, 03:07

i think the EVIL are:

1) Yuri (STairway to Heaven)---> it make me wanna cut her head!!...:cussing:
2) Young mi (All about EVe)----> same goes to her!! :cussing:

P/S: dont take it seriously..i jus really hated the character in d dramas..huhu :whistling: they acted very well!! :cheers: :thumright:

Kenedaa

Post by Kenedaa » Feb 23rd, '08, 13:13

Thanks to your comments I watched All About Eve which I really enjoyed!
Young Mi is such an interesting character; I like evil, twisted characters :P

Maya in Tree of Heaven and Cho Su Kyong in Loving You are quite evil too, but Young Mi should have the award :cheers:

maakopla

Post by maakopla » May 9th, '08, 11:34

I think James from Lobbyist is one of the most evil characters out there. He didn't seem to have any good qualities at all. His heart was icy cold. The only way to make him stop was get rid of him forever.

His evliness wasn't in his deeds but in his character. I think that's the most perfect way of showing someone's evli. Of course he did a lot of bad things but it was so shady, they never showed that he actually was behind it all and how he did it. But still, he was such a mastermind of evil plans.

cantabileblue

Post by cantabileblue » May 11th, '08, 02:42

I think Chae Rin from Sassy Girl Choon Nyan and of course Yong Min from all about Eve, they were really great evil acting, that really make hate them. :cussing:

nooblet245

Post by nooblet245 » May 11th, '08, 04:47

The Devil (Mawang spoilers)
its definitely Oh Seung Ha..what he did to Kang Oh Soo was just....twisted.
everything he did made me go "omg-wtf-r-u-serious!??!" and in some occasions, just plain "HOLY S***!"

xvannie

Post by xvannie » May 11th, '08, 05:19

definitely step sis & step mom in stairway to heaven D: