Witch Yoo-Hee / MA-Neau Yoo Hee (SBS, 2007)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
Daxiuyi

Post by Daxiuyi » Oct 25th, '07, 03:33

I watched this drama purely because of Jae Hee as I think he's a really good actor. First saw him in DGCH and then in his movie 3-Iron ("Bin Jip" in Korean - a bit arty as far as movies go, but he is REALLY cool in it), so went into this series with high hopes.

IMO it's OK, but nothing very special, which makes it a little disappointing. Having watches DGCH and My Girl, the similarities in direction (overuse of lifts/elevators :P) are clear, as are those in terms of producer (very good OST).

What it's missing is the other key ingredient from DGCH and My Girl - the Hong sisters' writing! Plot is too predictable (have worked it out after 4 episodes :S). But on the whole it's good tune-out TV to watch ;)

Sphinxy

Post by Sphinxy » Oct 28th, '07, 14:55

I saw this! And for those that are excited, or are still watching it-- it's worth it!! :D Funny, and heartwarming drama.

Cleo

Post by Cleo » Nov 1st, '07, 16:34

I was disapointed at this one. Han Ga In is pretty, well dressed (clothes in this drama are all really classy and pretty), but REALLY need to learn how to act, because she has one facial expression in all the drama, which is not enough in my opinion.
As for the guy, I almost could'nt recognize him at first :scratch: What happened to him?!
He looks like he badly need to grab a burger or two, and he's not half as handsome as he was before. Was he sick or something? Coz he didn't need to loose weight at all!
Contrary to Denis Oh, who apparently enjoyed tasting the food on the set. He gained pretty much since Sweet Spy. Denis, cutie Pie, go work out! lol
It feels prety good to speak about men's weight for once, and not girl's^^

Daxiuyi

Post by Daxiuyi » Nov 5th, '07, 22:40

Ok, just finished watching it. is it just me, or does the ending cry out "Worst Ending Ever"? I was really disappointed by that, seemed as though the writers didn't know what to do, so they crammed too much in, leaving it all very undeveloped at the end :-(

I thought Han Ga In was ok. Her characterisation was fairly stock standard (last drama I watched was Fantasy Couple, so the whole character transition thing sounded familiar), and she played it on the whole quite well. True she only has one facial expression, but it's a versatile one :P

The other actors were quite good imo - have never seen Dennis before, and I thought he played his part more or less right. Just wish they could let him speak better Korean. As I've said before, I'm a big Jae Hee fan for his acting skills, although I feel he was flagging a bit towards the end. But that's the script's fault for not teasing out his dilemma more :-(

Having last seen Kim Jeong Hoon in Goong and really liking him in it, I felt a bit let down in this one. He seemed to be trying his best to develop his character more, but I kept feeling it didn't quite come off :-(

I actually quite liked Jun Hye Bin as Seung-mi. She did a really good job of her character (and she can sing really well too :-) ). But this comes back to my original point: IT'S ALL ABOUT THE SCRIPT!

The cynic in me says that SBS felt "right, let's get a good director, good producer and good actors, put them all together and we'll get a good drama," except they forgot to get a decent scriptwriter, and it unfortunately shows :O But it does its best, and (apart from the ending, which really grates with me :x ) isn't too bad on the whole.

Am interested in how it rated - not outstanding but not bad either. Haven't been as up to date with Korean dramas as I'd like, but what else was it up against at the time?

MandyHoon

Post by MandyHoon » Nov 26th, '07, 18:20

I just watch this drama because of KIM JEONG HOON...

sfbayoppa

Post by sfbayoppa » Nov 29th, '07, 10:04

I loved this drama.

Yeah, the plot is a little predictable but there is a lot to like about this drama.

Han Ga In is now my favorite actress....next to Lee Da-Hae(from My girl) she may the prettiest girl I seen the last few years.

The dad of the main character, Moo-Ryoung, is so chill and cool...

There a lot hilarious scenes in this series, especially with the Manager of Han Gan In, who keeps eating Ja Jiang Myung.

In my opinion, this was a much more entertaining series than Coffee Prince and with a much better looking cast.

cute_angel

Post by cute_angel » Nov 29th, '07, 13:23

This is a feel good drama! I watched this also because of Dennis Oh, Jae Hee and Kim Jung Hoon! :D

bonsaiarches

Post by bonsaiarches » Dec 2nd, '07, 02:03

i liked the first few episodes a lot until like everyone said...it got way too predictable. i ended up skipping to the end to see what happens and it doesn't make much sense. and Dennis Oh was just annoying with his english.

incube

Post by incube » Dec 2nd, '07, 02:56

Is this drama really worth to watch? Last series i've been watching were I am Sam, Coffee Prince and Princess Hours and my expectations are kinda high .... about to watch some seasons of Dr. House while waiting for a good kdrama =D

lucky_7

Post by lucky_7 » Dec 2nd, '07, 14:56

Just finished watching this drama. I do not like the two main characters at all. The main girl character always makes the guy confused. The main guy character is a real jerk. He held onto his girlfriends when the main girl character had not confess her feelings yet. However, he ditched his girlfriend right after the main girl character said she liked him.

KIM JEONG HOON is super attractive. I really like his character in Goong. However, his character in this drama is quite boring.

MandyHoon

Post by MandyHoon » Dec 2nd, '07, 17:32

lucky_7 wrote:Just finished watching this drama. I do not like the two main characters at all. The main girl character always makes the guy confused. The main guy character is a real jerk. He held onto his girlfriends when the main girl character had not confess her feelings yet. However, he ditched his girlfriend right after the main girl character said she liked him.

KIM JEONG HOON is super attractive. I really like his character in Goong. However, his character in this drama is quite boring.
wEll... I'm really AGREE with your opinion, I really hate the main character, especially Jae Hee... I'm not mean I don't like him... It's just about, 'WHY' he leave his GIRLFRIEND? Hey DIRECTOR, this drama is totally lack of contents!!!

And... I know, Han Ga In (Ma Yoo Hee), is not wrong... coz she really must to be that bad person, coz... you know, this drama is about 'WITCH' and it's about Ma Yoo Hee, and she really act like professionals carry away Seung Mi boyfriend (Jae Hee) !!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

And... lastly about KIM JEONG HOON my love... :wub: :wub: :wub: He's really super attractive. Just fall in love with him, after watch GOONG. Well, for me, his character not too boring or quite boring, coz he just the third man in Ma Yoo Hee eyes, in the end...

truewt

Post by truewt » Dec 11th, '07, 14:41

Hi everyone of D-addicts community! I know this is really old and late, but do allow me to give my two cents regarding this show, as I've only completed it 2 days ago :)

Firstly I got attracted to this show mainly due to Han Ga In appearing really pretty :) and I've also watched bits of DGCH before, and I find Jae Hee a pretty good actor (funny one). Hence I began the series. I'm never a K-drama fan myself, so I'm really surprised by myself to pick a K-series to start watching after going inactive in drama-hunting for so long (was previously a J-dorama addict)
This series began off really well for me. The plot is refreshing for a start (hey one of the 10 commandments of K-dramas is disobeyed!) as the main male lead is the POOR bloke while the main female lead is the RICH, powerful businesswoman with the ANTI-EVERYTHING daddy. Okay the plot may be cliche, as the two leads who are at loggerheads end up living together and eventually falling in love with each other. The little parts where JH and HGI interact just appeal so much to me :) And not forgetting all the hilarious moments they have together, it's just priceless entertainment!

As the series progressed to episodes 8/9 and beyond, the plot began to dry up a little. But still, it's still enjoyable for me (maybe not others), but it is just ridiculous for Jun Hye Bin (JH girlfriend, Seung Mi) to even accept the fact that his boyfriend is living with HGI, and even after catching them red-handed a couple of times, she STILL believed in JH. I'm still okay with this, as in my memory, Kdrama's "2nd female lead" are usually persistent and believes that as long as they can hold onto their boyfriends (or love interests) through any means, it is alright. This slightly bothers me, but I don't really care :)

But right as we are about to end off, things just got really messy. There's so much happening, it's as if the director/scriptwriter is rushing to complete the script within 16 episodes. It's like the pace of the show was too slow in the early episodes, but it was a CRAZY RUSH to the finishing line at the end. Why did so much stuff happen in the last episode? JH was told he's selected to enter the French culinary school, HGI's company closed down, she went bankrupt (or not?), JH was sent off to France but Deja Vu! He returned. HGI settled down with JH's family, HGI got married to Kim Jeong Hoon, she ran off with JH (I think I got the order wrong, some of these events probably happened in episode 15)

It's just too rushed for so much to be done in so little time. And the ending was just horrible. So many questions left unanswered. So did JH go overseas? So was it a happy ending? What about Dennis Oh? Who did he end up with? What about HGI's dad? KJH? What happened to the hospital? JHB? Argghhh... All these questions just left burning in my head... And I had trouble sleeping that night after completing the series. And it still sort of bothers me..
All in all, I still like this series, not regretting one bit. The series got off on a good start, but finished off badly :( I really really hope against all odds that there's a nice Special to this, but my mum who's a total drama-freak and have watched countless of K-dramas assures me with 100% confidence that this is actually a really good ending and not to expect any specials :( I'm just so sad... How I wish for a special to clear up some things, tie up the loose ends, and let me see HGI more!!!

Oh to add on, I've noticed that many of the forum posters complained that Dennis Oh was really bad.. But I actually find that he's really perfect for this role. His Korean sounded weird with that accent, but it is actually reasonable :) He's actually quite lovable for his character in the show :)

And now I'm really on the lookout for more K-dramas, mainly I'm going to watch DGCH (my mum watched it and I caught some bits of it), My Girl (my mum watched it and I had exams), Full House (my mum watched it and I played games) and I'm going to hunt for more HGI action! Any good recommendations would be a great help to me!

K-drama's gained a new fan! [/spoiler]

swit_thng

Post by swit_thng » Dec 11th, '07, 15:36

truewt wrote:Hi everyone of D-addicts community! I know this is really old and late, but do allow me to give my two cents regarding this show, as I've only completed it 2 days ago :)

Firstly I got attracted to this show mainly due to Han Ga In appearing really pretty :) and I've also watched bits of DGCH before, and I find Jae Hee a pretty good actor (funny one). Hence I began the series. I'm never a K-drama fan myself, so I'm really surprised by myself to pick a K-series to start watching after going inactive in drama-hunting for so long (was previously a J-dorama addict)
This series began off really well for me. The plot is refreshing for a start (hey one of the 10 commandments of K-dramas is disobeyed!) as the main male lead is the POOR bloke while the main female lead is the RICH, powerful businesswoman with the ANTI-EVERYTHING daddy. Okay the plot may be cliche, as the two leads who are at loggerheads end up living together and eventually falling in love with each other. The little parts where JH and HGI interact just appeal so much to me :) And not forgetting all the hilarious moments they have together, it's just priceless entertainment!

As the series progressed to episodes 8/9 and beyond, the plot began to dry up a little. But still, it's still enjoyable for me (maybe not others), but it is just ridiculous for Jun Hye Bin (JH girlfriend, Seung Mi) to even accept the fact that his boyfriend is living with HGI, and even after catching them red-handed a couple of times, she STILL believed in JH. I'm still okay with this, as in my memory, Kdrama's "2nd female lead" are usually persistent and believes that as long as they can hold onto their boyfriends (or love interests) through any means, it is alright. This slightly bothers me, but I don't really care :)

But right as we are about to end off, things just got really messy. There's so much happening, it's as if the director/scriptwriter is rushing to complete the script within 16 episodes. It's like the pace of the show was too slow in the early episodes, but it was a CRAZY RUSH to the finishing line at the end. Why did so much stuff happen in the last episode? JH was told he's selected to enter the French culinary school, HGI's company closed down, she went bankrupt (or not?), JH was sent off to France but Deja Vu! He returned. HGI settled down with JH's family, HGI got married to Kim Jeong Hoon, she ran off with JH (I think I got the order wrong, some of these events probably happened in episode 15)

It's just too rushed for so much to be done in so little time. And the ending was just horrible. So many questions left unanswered. So did JH go overseas? So was it a happy ending? What about Dennis Oh? Who did he end up with? What about HGI's dad? KJH? What happened to the hospital? JHB? Argghhh... All these questions just left burning in my head... And I had trouble sleeping that night after completing the series. And it still sort of bothers me..
All in all, I still like this series, not regretting one bit. The series got off on a good start, but finished off badly :( I really really hope against all odds that there's a nice Special to this, but my mum who's a total drama-freak and have watched countless of K-dramas assures me with 100% confidence that this is actually a really good ending and not to expect any specials :( I'm just so sad... How I wish for a special to clear up some things, tie up the loose ends, and let me see HGI more!!!

Oh to add on, I've noticed that many of the forum posters complained that Dennis Oh was really bad.. But I actually find that he's really perfect for this role. His Korean sounded weird with that accent, but it is actually reasonable :) He's actually quite lovable for his character in the show :)

And now I'm really on the lookout for more K-dramas, mainly I'm going to watch DGCH (my mum watched it and I caught some bits of it), My Girl (my mum watched it and I had exams), Full House (my mum watched it and I played games) and I'm going to hunt for more HGI action! Any good recommendations would be a great help to me!

wow. i totally agree with you. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: despite the not-so-good ending and the confusions left, i still love this drama. i even like this more than hello!miss (err, no offense..) i just love the scenes of jae hee and han ga in. the movie scene..the fake ring scene..when they were locked in a place..the dont go-i miss you scene..the scene where HGI crossed the street with green lights..the bridge scene (which btw seems to be a resemblance of DGCH) argh. i think there are lots. haha. XD and i think its better if they kissed in the end. haha or they boarded the plane to new york together..hehe :roll :roll

EDIT: i recommend you to watch all the dramas ur mom watched. haha. they are all good especially My Girl. and if ur looking for a recent one..try Coffee Prince and 9 ends 2 outs. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

truewt

Post by truewt » Dec 12th, '07, 00:14

swit_thng wrote:
truewt wrote:Hi everyone of D-addicts community! I know this is really old and late, but do allow me to give my two cents regarding this show, as I've only completed it 2 days ago :)

wow. i totally agree with you. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: despite the not-so-good ending and the confusions left, i still love this drama. i even like this more than hello!miss (err, no offense..) i just love the scenes of jae hee and han ga in. the movie scene..the fake ring scene..when they were locked in a place..the dont go-i miss you scene..the scene where HGI crossed the street with green lights..the bridge scene (which btw seems to be a resemblance of DGCH) argh. i think there are lots. haha. XD and i think its better if they kissed in the end. haha or they boarded the plane to new york together..hehe :roll :roll

EDIT: i recommend you to watch all the dramas ur mom watched. haha. they are all good especially My Girl. and if ur looking for a recent one..try Coffee Prince and 9 ends 2 outs. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Hehe I completely agree with you! All those scenes are just so embedded in my mind :P Now that you mention, memories of them both are flooding in!!

Haha, well I will try to keep up with what my mum watches, but it's really hard. She's watched a full 2 years worth of dramas, of any kind (but mainly Kdramas, think there's more than 50 perhaps, I strongly believe it's more than that).

well I just wish they seriously consider an SP for Witch Amusement. A short 30 minutes? But it is QUITE impossible as the ratings is quite low (am I right?)

rinimeatballs

Post by rinimeatballs » Dec 13th, '07, 00:28

warning vent post.
wow..first off its been like 1000 years since i came and posted here. or even dropped by. but Ive been so annoyed watching this drama that i HAD to. I HAD TO. Ive never seen a drama where not a single one of the chars are enjoyable. i hated all of them. well ok johnny is cool. but hes the only one. i one point watching this i just thought..why don't they all just jump in front of traffic are something. maybe its because I'm black i just wanna be like...GIRL HE DONT LOVE YOU dump him..errr..sorry I'm venting i know its bad.. but still its just soooo errrr. I'm only on esp 12 but i cant watch this anymore. if i do i think ill go crazy. my girl was so much better.

sitaslide

Post by sitaslide » Apr 20th, '08, 13:31

Well...i just watched the drama weeks ago..
i really enjoy the story...the actor and actress performance...the plot...almost everything...
but the ending was not very well...perhaps as in the middle too many people were told but only the two of them (Yoo hee & Moo Ryong) closed the story...
i guess, it's hard to make a perfect ending...
however...congrats for all the crews, the director, writer, actor and actresses, all of them...
really good entertainment...

Love the film!!!

v(^_^)v
Cheers,
Sita

abel nightroad

Post by abel nightroad » Apr 21st, '08, 11:01

i really liked this series... i like the storyline... i also liked the relationship between yoo hee and moo ryong especially when they are dating, they were so cute... feel bad for johnny kruger and seung mi, hated joon ha and yoo hee's father... overall i really enjoyed this series!!

my fave scenes here are the popcorn scene, superman and wonderwoman scene... they were so very cute during those times...

this drama is one of my top kdramas

sitaslide

Post by sitaslide » Apr 21st, '08, 15:43

hahaha...
mmm...what would be my favourite.???
I might say that eps 10 is really funny...
accidentally confess their own feelin'...drinking wine...and kiss...
wahahaha...terrible!! :lol

anyway...
to watch the series online...
you can just go to...
www.mysoju.com/witch-yoo-hee

cheers,
v(^_^)v

abel nightroad

Post by abel nightroad » Apr 22nd, '08, 12:20

^

i liked that scene too... yoo hee made the first move and moo ryong was very startled... they were just so cute... maybe thats the reasong why i really liked this series... the ending was ok for me, at least not like other kdramas that the ending were very sad, not a happy ending...

han ga in is very cute!!! :wub:

sitaslide

Post by sitaslide » Apr 22nd, '08, 22:16

yes...HGI is really cute..
she really can play the cold witch yoo hee...
hihihi...

also Jae-Hee...he's really good...acting the Moo Ryong..
somehow it suits him...

really is a good story, film, etc...
one of excellent drama series on 2007 i guess...really entertaining...

cheers

maakopla

Post by maakopla » Apr 24th, '08, 20:54

I started watching this drama because the plot seemed interesting but it turned out to be anothwr clichee drama. I have watched ep 1-9 and I quite like it. I like the cast. This is my fisrt drama with Dennis Oh and I gotta say he plays one of my fav. characters. Johnny is so sweet^^ I think I like Dennis Oh, his acting is pretty natural.

Kim Jeong Hoon is good. I liked him in Goong and I like him now. I thought he was gonna play main role and was pretty disappointed to find out he wasn't :cry: His character is a bit weird. I really can't get does he like Yoo Hee or did he really love his ex-fiancee? I also hate how he is under Yoo Hee's dad's control! The guy acted a bit late, if Joon Ha did contact Yoo Hee earlier...

Jae Hee is ok but he is so skinny and small compared to other guys... I also hate his hairstyle and clothes in the drama. I also don't like Moo Ryong's character that much. But Jae Hee is an ok actor. Still I kind of wish Yoo Hee would end up with Johnny or Joon Ha. I really don't feel any chemistry between her and Moo Ryong.
Last edited by maakopla on May 8th, '08, 18:52, edited 1 time in total.

maakopla

Post by maakopla » May 8th, '08, 18:51

I have one more episode to go! I think this drama is average. I thought it would be worse based on comments but it turned out quite entertaining. Also when I read that the director was the same who worked on My Girl, Bodyguard and Delightful Girl.. I never thought this drama would win my heart. But it did.

I like characters. Yoo Hee is a strong female lead. She is not whiny **** like Seung Mi... I also like how Yoo hee is independent and can stand up for herself. Even though she doesn't like president so much she can still say no to his requests. At Yoo Hee kind of pissed me off but I learned to like her. Moo Ryong is ok. Now that his hair is a bit longer he looks better though I still like JohnnyxYoo Hee pairing more. If he just hadn't hesitated back then... Joon Ha is ok but he just doesn't care about Yoo hee... I wonder what happened between him and his ex?

Humor was ok though it could have been better and there could have been more of it. I haft say that I'm pretty proud of the crew. Episodes 14 and 15 were really good. When Joon Ha slapped Yoo Hee and Moo Ryong angrily looked at him I felt the tension in the air. These episodes were really well written too. Kept me interested. Now I will finish watching ep 16 and then this drama is wrapped up.

Even if it's average and there were some boring episodes that made me feel "this is so cliche" I still don't regret watching this drama. It was interesting and I loved main girl's independent attitude. I also liked how Moo Ryong and Yoo Hee are true to their feelings. At first they were hesitant, of course. But then when they finally admitted their feelings nothing could stop them. Chemistry is lacking though. And all kisses are super fake :glare:
I thought that Moo Ryong would save YooHee from the wedding but she ran away herself instead. :thumleft: Way to go! She can support herself and stand for herself.

Mariemerong

Post by Mariemerong » May 16th, '08, 08:24

I love this drama. One of the most enjoyable ones I've seen.
Was the first drama I ever layed eyes on Jae Hee. LOL.
He one hell of a JOKER man. LOL His like so funny.
And Dennis is sooo HOT.

animate_me

Post by animate_me » May 30th, '08, 01:51

just finished watching this drama... this is the first Korean drama that I think is great! Love it and kinda miss it after I watched all the series. Hmm... too bad the ending is not that dramatic... The director should actually give some slice of life after the airport incident... coz I'm not really sure, do Moo-Ryong actually go to New York with Johnny or he cancelled his flight? if he stays in Korea, what is the reaction of the family when he got back home? will Yoo Hee's father accept Moo-Ryong? What actually happened to Seung Mi? So Yoo Hee's company really closed down and she have to look for a job or help Moo Ryong's restaurant?

Since a lot of thing is yet unexplained, hopefully there will be season 2 hahaha...

choi.yoonjung

Post by choi.yoonjung » Jun 1st, '08, 22:29

han ga in acted really good here...
i love the concept of the show, but it's very usual...
but it's just nice to me and i love it~

nathaly4u7

Post by nathaly4u7 » Jul 20th, '08, 17:32

I loved it!
with jae hee
and han ga in
is so funny

NADZ

Post by NADZ » Jul 22nd, '08, 01:05

Mariemerong wrote: And Dennis is sooo HOT.
if u really think thats he is hot u should c him in sweet spy (i really dnt think he can act that well but with a face like that it doesnt really matter!!)

aNaStAsIa7

Post by aNaStAsIa7 » Jul 22nd, '08, 21:07

if u really think thats he is hot u should c him in sweet spy (i really dnt think he can act that well but with a face like that it doesnt really matter!!)
hahaha...that's so funny although i can't help but agree with you. he's drop dead gorgeous in sweet spy.

xanseviera_94

Post by xanseviera_94 » Aug 21st, '08, 14:34

aNaStAsIa7 wrote:
hahaha...that's so funny although i can't help but agree with you. he's drop dead gorgeous in sweet spy.
totally!
compared to Witch Amusement, he look more handsome in Sweet Spy..
He looks a bit old in Witch Amusement..
Didn't know why though..

farique

Post by farique » Nov 2nd, '08, 05:44

animate_me wrote:just finished watching this drama... this is the first Korean drama that I think is great! Love it and kinda miss it after I watched all the series. Hmm... too bad the ending is not that dramatic... The director should actually give some slice of life after the airport incident... coz I'm not really sure, do Moo-Ryong actually go to New York with Johnny or he cancelled his flight? if he stays in Korea, what is the reaction of the family when he got back home? will Yoo Hee's father accept Moo-Ryong? What actually happened to Seung Mi? So Yoo Hee's company really closed down and she have to look for a job or help Moo Ryong's restaurant?

Since a lot of thing is yet unexplained, hopefully there will be season 2 hahaha...
hell yeah! the ending is totally questionable. They should've come up with something better and more entertaining rather than seeing a couple hug and kissing at the entrance boarding gate. I was hoping much more than that.

I have to say, this is my second KDrama I've ever seen so far with the first KDrama was Alone in Love (seen it in 2005) and this drama is the best ever. I like it alot. I mean, alot. I may have not seen nothing else, but for a newbie, its a great thing to have seen a drama and hooked to it just by watching one episode. :mrgreen:

I hope to see more of Han Ga In in the future. She took my breath away! :wub:

Leen_Ye Seul

Post by Leen_Ye Seul » Dec 27th, '08, 05:59

woo!

I just love this series...

amktsy

Post by amktsy » Dec 31st, '08, 07:49

First half fine but the the second half...you know.

sephirothmr

Post by sephirothmr » Jan 7th, '09, 09:16

Please seeding episode 12. Many people want to watching this episode but noone is seeding. All peers only at 75.7%.

Mai-Soon

Post by Mai-Soon » May 9th, '10, 01:52

guys, i'm seeding Ep 4 & 5 ....if anyone is interested ...please help me seeding them after finishing your download :)...keep the drama alive XD