Que Sera Sera (MBC, 2007) w/ Eric Mun, Jung Yoo Mi

Discuss Korean drama series here.
crystalis
Fansubber
Fansubber

Que Sera Sera (MBC, 2007) w/ Eric Mun, Jung Yoo Mi

Post by crystalis » Apr 7th, '07, 22:54

I don't think there's a thread for this yet, right? :-)
Yup, it's the same director as My Name Is Kim Sam Soon, but definitely a kdrama made of stronger stuff than MNIKSS.
Got to be most underrated drama of 2007 so far.
The kisses are hot (happens in every episode so far) and so is the cast.
The OST is awesome with the likes of Loveholic, Classiquai, etc.
Can't say it's for everyone and perhaps targeted towards a slightly older audience, but...
Que sera, sera
Whatever will be, will be
:-)

MBC 2007
케세라세라

Que Sera Sera

[img]http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/2452/qsstitlext0.png[/img]
DRAMA DETAILS

* Title: 케세라, 세라 / Que Sera Sera / Whatever Will Be, Will Be
* Episodes: 17
* Broadcast network: [MBC]
* Broadcast period: 2007-Mar-17 - present
* Air time: Saturdays & Sundays 21:40
* Official Website: http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/queserasera/
* Soompi Official Thread: http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=102113
STAFF

Cast

* Eric as Kang Tae Joo
* Jung Yoo Mi as Han Eun Soo
* Yoon Ji Hye as Cha Hye Rin
* Lee Kyu Han as Shin Joon Hyuk

Staff

Director: PD Kim Yoon Chul who directed kdrama, My Name Is Kim Sam Soon
SYNOPSIS

Kang Tae Joois an ordinary employee in a department store. Shin Joon Hyuk's mind was hurt due to his family's problems but he has a nice appearance and superior ability. They both fall in love with the heroine, Han Eun Soo, at the same time. Cha Hye Lin is the daughter of a rich shopping mall CEO and she is an aspring fashion designer who has unique tastes and an elegant appearance. Although she is independent, strong, and spoiled, she is hopelss and careless in front of love. After she was betrayed by her first love, Hye Lin stops believing in true love. She then starts to 'buy' herself new boyfriends by paying them money and forcing them to sign contracts.

One of these men turns out to be Kang Tae Joo and during their contract relationship, Hye Rin begins to fall deeply in love again. She will be entangled in a love triangle with Tae Joo and Eun Soo, who is Tae Joo's real girlfriend.

-DramaWiki
OST LYRICS :lol
Attachments
Marilyn Monroe- W&Whale.txt
"Marilyn Monroe" By W&Whale Korean lyrics/Romanisation/English Translations
(3.86 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
Lemon- W.txt
'Lemon' by W (where the story ends) Korean lyrics/Romanisation/English Translations
(3.83 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
two hands.txt
"Two Hands" By Kang Hyun Min Korean lyrics/Romanisation/English Translations
(4.75 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
Special Love - My Aunt Mary.txt
'Special Person' by My Aunt Mary
Korean lyrics/Romanisation/English Translations
(3.57 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
Bless You (Loveholic).txt
'Bless You' by Loveholic
(2.21 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
Moon Madness- w&whale.txt
'Moon Madness' By W&Whale
(6.56 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
nightime- alex (clazziquai).txt
'Night Time' By Alex (Clazziquai)
(5.56 KiB) Downloaded 57 times
Que Sera Sera.txt
'Que Sera Sera'
English Lyrics
(1.04 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
Us by lee Seong Yeol.txt
'Us' by lee Seong Yeol
(3.82 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
Last edited by crystalis on Jun 28th, '07, 08:44, edited 19 times in total.

beertax

Post by beertax » Apr 9th, '07, 04:41

I watched most of this series up 'til ep 7, mostly because I liked Eric from Super Rookie. But I must admit that so far the story is going nowhere, the dialogue is bland, and there is no humor to speak of. What I find lacking in this drama is its own unique feel... or theme... the intangible something that makes a drama special and meaningful. By ep. 7, I should be seeing this, but honestly I don't, and it's not because I am obtuse - or so I imagine :)

Finally, the two female leads are, to be generous, so so. Actually, the lead girl has a certain frail charm, but the second female lead is not pretty at all, nor is she an especially talented actress. Every1 in the drama insists that she is beautiful... but re enforcment only works if there is something to work with, so sorry.

crystalis
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crystalis » Apr 9th, '07, 19:33

^ lolz that's unfortunate.

Personally, I thought Ep 6 and 7 brought things quite far. The 4 characters finally meet, everyone is pushed together into one environment (a quite believeable one), you meet more of ES's family, TJ gets jealous, a contract was sealed, etc. There was quite a bit of humor for me..but low key and not blatanly obvious. Like JiSoo's pokes at TaeJoo's knowledge of classical folktales, Eunsoo's reaction to the kiss, the report to the police station, the other visit of the sisters to the police station, the missing 'Saturday' underwear, Mr. byung tae misunderstanding, TJ's rather strange or precise view on the world of the rich and glamorous, the undergrounds of the everyday working environment, etc. The best part is that all the humour had their touching sides too. It's funny to see how TJ can't seem to handle ES's character. She's not stupid, but she has NOOooo tact lolz

I thought YoonMi played ES quite charmingly. Agreed, HyeRin is really not pretty enough. It does get a little awkward at time, but she plays the strong, but really naive, rich chaebol quite well...always putting up an independent fron

crystalis
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crystalis » Apr 12th, '07, 22:21

Bless MV for TaeJoo & EunSoo couple ^^

SPOILER ALERT for Episode 8 credits: innolife + ginnie@soompi[/img]

knuts

Post by knuts » Apr 14th, '07, 20:44

People, people, get this while it is being seeded here. Well, you could also get from a cb, but will take more time, so....

This is my no. 1 drama for 2007 and most likely to be in my top 3 of 2007.

homeboi19

Post by homeboi19 » Apr 19th, '07, 00:58

Jung Yoo-Mi and Jeong Yoo-mi are the same person? :unsure:

By the way,
I like this series the most from all on-going Dramaszz!!! :D

melica37

Post by melica37 » Apr 19th, '07, 03:31

This is definitely my favorite drama at the moment.

I really enjoy the lead actress and I like that the drama is humorous but sort of wistful and sad and the same time (and sexy and of course there is Eric).

And it doesn't bother me that Hye Rin isn't "pretty enough" because, same as real life, people perceive her as more beautiful partially because she has wealth and status. I mean consider at Paris Hilton...(no offense to any diehard PH fans)

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Apr 21st, '07, 06:48

beertax wrote:I watched most of this series up 'til ep 7, mostly because I liked Eric from Super Rookie. But I must admit that so far the story is going nowhere, the dialogue is bland, and there is no humor to speak of. What I find lacking in this drama is its own unique feel... or theme... the intangible something that makes a drama special and meaningful. By ep. 7, I should be seeing this, but honestly I don't, and it's not because I am obtuse - or so I imagine :)

Finally, the two female leads are, to be generous, so so. Actually, the lead girl has a certain frail charm, but the second female lead is not pretty at all, nor is she an especially talented actress. Every1 in the drama insists that she is beautiful... but re enforcment only works if there is something to work with, so sorry.
I feel you. The lead actress with the short hair isnt attractive @ all. There isnt anything special about her. They kept saying that she pretty but it isnt convincing enough.

Most likely Eric will end with her @ the end. I hope not.

khmai_kandi22

Post by khmai_kandi22 » Apr 21st, '07, 06:57

I actually like this series, even though the female leads aren't all that pretty. It's actually like a "real-life" drama that can happen in life. I only seen up to 4 episodes so far, and I really like how the story is going. This is something different than all the other kdramas I had seen.

If Yoon Eun Hye was the female lead instead, I wonder how much of a difference it will be.... :unsure:

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Apr 21st, '07, 07:01

khmai_kandi22 wrote:I actually like this series, even though the female leads aren't all that pretty. It's actually like a "real-life" drama that can happen in life. I only seen up to 4 episodes so far, and I really like how the story is going. This is something different than all the other kdramas I had seen.

If Yoon Eun Hye was the female lead instead, I wonder how much of a difference it will be.... :unsure:
If or when Eric film 'Sweet Guy, I'm wondering if his surname is ( Kang ) again. :alcoholic:

Oh yeah, the ladies dont mind about the girls because guys are good looking in here.

khmai_kandi22

Post by khmai_kandi22 » Apr 21st, '07, 07:09

crazylife123 wrote:
khmai_kandi22 wrote:I actually like this series, even though the female leads aren't all that pretty. It's actually like a "real-life" drama that can happen in life. I only seen up to 4 episodes so far, and I really like how the story is going. This is something different than all the other kdramas I had seen.

If or when Eric film 'Sweet Guy, I'm wondering if his surname is ( Kang ) again. :alcoholic:

Oh yeah, the ladies dont mind about the girls because guys are good looking in here.
Haha. Are you only watching it because Eric's surname in this series is Kang? :P

I don't care too much about how the guys look in this series though, I much prefer the storyline. So far, the storyline is progressing quite good. I actually got a complete shock when I saw Episode 9 without subs though.....it was :O

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Apr 21st, '07, 07:12

I'm not complaining about the storyline. I like it so far.

khmai_kandi22

Post by khmai_kandi22 » Apr 21st, '07, 07:18

crazylife123 wrote:I'm not complaining about the storyline. I like it so far.
I heard this drama was compared to another kdrama called, "What Happens in Bali"

There was a reporter mentioning about it.

evil4ever

MBC 2007 drama Que Sera, Sera

Post by evil4ever » Apr 23rd, '07, 16:21

Cuz there is no discussion thread for this drama :scratch: …lets start to make one to discuss this drama cuz it is one of the most interesting and exciting drama I ever watch :wub: :wub: :w00t: :thumleft: what do u think ???

nophankh

Post by nophankh » Apr 23rd, '07, 16:39

well, i think someone needs to go over to Soompi Que sera sera page. The thread grows like 5 pages per day....there is a real cult following over there, a lot of deep discussion and character analysis. Really fun to read what people have to say.

here is the link
http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=102113

if you don't have an account, you might be able to see it.
so, just join, it's free.

evil4ever

Post by evil4ever » Apr 23rd, '07, 16:44

Actually I open soompi Que sera sera page every day I really like the discussion there it is really interesting … but i like to make our page in d-addict ..

beertax

Post by beertax » Apr 23rd, '07, 21:17

hmm I may be in the minority here, but hacing watched episode 10, I really can't see any chemistry between the two main leads. Eric seems just way too reserved, he doesn't exude any inner joy of being in true love.

Also, I don't see how the rich girl would suddenly want to marry Eric. Up until episode 9 she had nothing but disdain, and I admit some jealousy, towards her fake boyfriend. It makes no psychological sense for the girl to suddenly develop this over-the-top passion for Eric, most likely just because he rejected her and chose her rival. The script writer needs to pay more attention to character development if he/ she wishes to succeed in this business.

etsy

Post by etsy » Apr 23rd, '07, 22:24

i like this drama. it seemed to be spiralig out of control at first, but the past 2 episodes that aired seemd to have lifted it up from its chaos

Hachiko-chan

Post by Hachiko-chan » Apr 25th, '07, 17:39

This is my favourite of all the new draman.
It's more like real life, and I think the actress who is Eun Soo is really sweet and makes the character real and likable.
I just hope that Eun Soo and Tae Joo end up together
The music is also wonderful.
This site has really great information:
http://javabeans.wordpress.com/tag/k-dr ... sera-sera/ :

lenrasoon

Post by lenrasoon » May 7th, '07, 22:11

que sera sera is one of my favorites dramas in this season=)

i'm "stuck" on epi 6 btw:-)

ginnie

Post by ginnie » May 8th, '07, 14:22

Ok ladies and gents; 'que sera sera' needs you!

(was that dramatic enough for y'all, I rehearsed it all night!!!)

'QSS' has managed to make me cry my ass off and it's managed to totally annoy the crap out of me... The performances have made me gasp for as much air and snivel almost as much as Han Eun Soo. I've even contemplated, you know, carelessly, giving it all up and leading a life of debauchery, in following the self destructive lead of the modern anti-hero, Casanova, Romeo; Kang Tae Joo (of course, I'm kidding. But you knew that right?). The two protagonists have knocked my socks off, so I fear, it's a lost cause. I see everything they do through rose-tinted spectacles; they have been that impressively brilliant (all hail Eric Mun and Jung Yoo Mi. ~Sorry I had a moment~). And no, I am not forgetting the fabulous contributions from the ensemble cast, accomplished direction and crew *bows to them all*...

Anyway, what was my point? Ah, yes! Seeing as how it has sadistically ruled my life for several weeks in anticipation of it, I wanted to give a little back *dabs tissue to eyes* (~forgive me I had another moment!~), before I no longer care about it *ahem* lol *PEACE* =P

I want you guys to support it. I want to know what you love and hate about it. We shall be immensely tolerant with comment's people. All that we ask is that they are honest and from the heart. So if you have been going as crazy as moi, if you perceive yourself as a critic and a reviewer in the making I urge you to post and tell 'QSS' exactly what you think of it.

Sock it to QSS here:
http://javabeans.wordpress.com/2007/05/ ... /#comments
*Thank-you javabeans*

PS folks if you need to be reminded that articulate ramblings pertaining to the drama are preferred: pauses; then *clears throat* "articulate ramblings are preferred" ...

XENA...

arabian

Post by arabian » May 13th, '07, 12:54

You can get the OST direct link from:

http://amooni-87.livejournal.com/2354.html

If you like it leave a comment.. :whistling:

sarrahfm

Post by sarrahfm » May 13th, '07, 18:48

theres a rumour that its erics last drama is that true????

i personally really enjoyed the first 6 episodes of this, i watched witch yoo hee after it and i just dont like it cus i havent finished of que sera yet!!

a bit too much kissing action going on here and there, makes me a little confused but the story and charcter development and unpredictability in some respects (cmon it is unpredictable in kdrama standards!) makes it fun to watch! plus i think the main lead pulls off the cute thing really well!
Last edited by sarrahfm on May 13th, '07, 18:54, edited 1 time in total.

arabian

Post by arabian » May 13th, '07, 18:52

sarrahfm wrote:theres a rumour that its erics last drama is that true????
yes .. cuz he'll join the military as so ji sup..

veracious

Post by veracious » May 13th, '07, 19:08

This drama is just so good. It's one of the few dramas I've begun watching and found I was unable to stop watching... I just really need more!! Thank god for Javabeans' blog, I can go there when I've finished the actual subtitled episodes.

Anybody who knows the ending (the last ep has aired already, right?), feel free to post it behind spoiler tag!

sarrahfm

Post by sarrahfm » May 13th, '07, 19:15

ooh military?? thats for two years, right? lol oh well :salut: :cry:

evil4ever

Post by evil4ever » May 18th, '07, 13:47

and i was wondering why Oue Sera Sera his last drama :scratch: :blink ... he is planing to join the military :unsure: ... i hope he come back safety after finishing his military services :salut:

Tomorrowishes

Post by Tomorrowishes » Aug 26th, '07, 19:07

I just watched the ending of QSS and I was a little frustrated. I had already seen the ending long time coming but the only thing was I really liked the way Tae Joo and Hye rim (?) were together. I liked the way they kind of completed eachother. Although you can see a little unbalance where you see how much Tae Joo helps out Hye Rim's character but I really hoped in the back of my mind that as time went on there would be a chance for HR to prove herself to be better than Eun Soo. I wouldn't dare to hate on the ES and TJ coupling because that worked out well enough, but I've always thought he'd be better off with HR. She's so spoiled and so used to having her own way that TJ seems to be the only person who can keep her satisfied. Maybe that's unfair because she clearly wanted ES but I didn't like the way she cried so much and her emotions were frankly all over the place. After all of that rambling I wish TJ and HR would've ended up together but I can live with ES and TJ.... :glare:

nophankh

Post by nophankh » Aug 27th, '07, 04:37

Tomorrowishes wrote:I just watched the ending of QSS and I was a little frustrated. I had already seen the ending long time coming....
I have to agree; however, I'm not dissing the sub team. I know it is difficult to produce subs and they have lives too. I think I'm more mad at myself for looking at the spoilers.

I liked the ending. I worked out perfectly. You liked the HR and TJ pairing, I hated it. I think she was too spoiled and lonely and clingy. It was good that she got rejected. Though, HR was a strong/ independent person, she didn't know how to stand on her own when it comes to love.

I'm happy with the EC and TJ pairing. Finally!!! They can get it right the third time.

Tomorrowishes

Post by Tomorrowishes » Aug 28th, '07, 13:20

nophankh wrote: I liked the ending. I worked out perfectly. You liked the HR and TJ pairing, I hated it. I think she was too spoiled and lonely and clingy. It was good that she got rejected. Though, HR was a strong/ independent person, she didn't know how to stand on her own when it comes to love.

I'm happy with the EC and TJ pairing. Finally!!! They can get it right the third time.
I totally respect that and I can see where you're coming from. EC and TJ worked really hard and made stupid decisions at times but they did work it out. I too think she was cool when she was rejected. The whole time she was crying I was like "c'mon get with her...c/'mmoonnnnn just say sorry....for whatever you feel bad about" I was too shallow when looking at EC and TJ's relationship. I just looked down on it alot because of my love for TJ and HR. She is so independaent that I hoped she could become a better person while with TJ and maybe into...a sequel? Something like that. But I knew I was way off. But it doesn't hurt to dream. :lol

littledraci

Post by littledraci » Sep 16th, '07, 20:51

8) I didn't expect it would be that addicting after the first 2 episodes.. but now.. finished it in 3 days and I really really like it :-)
Only watched funny, light-hearted dramas like Coffee Prince the last weeks and was bored...even if I like/loved the dramas it was time for something new this season..

through my searching I saw some scenes from QSS and heard the song 'Wol Gwang' from W&Whale...damn... this song is great :D . Because of this song I searched for the OST and while listening to this great OST I found lyptikas releases *god bless her :cheers: :lol *
I think QSS is ...mmmhhh.... pretty much down to earth or like some of you mentioned it before like the real life. There wasn't any unnessecary jokes and laughs...(and I didn't miss them in QSS :salut: )

The pairings..well, I'm happy TJ and ES get together again.. don't like HR even now ^-^ only JH grows on my at the end.. even with his jealousy
And that both female leads weren't that good looking...well, to be true I don't really care about their looks and only hope at least for one eyecatch in the male cast^-^
And even if Eric wasn't that good-looking for me like Kim Rae Won for example.. but at least he is quiet handsome with this short hair :D

It was my first drama with Eric...quiet a good actor.. and I hope he comes back to screen after his military service..
*I'm getting old :scratch: ...actors coming back from their service and/or older than 23 are growing more and more to me :lol *

And Lee Kyu Han.. I recognized him at first sight from Kim Sam-Soon ^-^ when I saw him in KSS I wished for him to be in another drama soon..I like his acting...even if his crying face was a bit... odd. 8)

chilichili

Post by chilichili » Feb 15th, '08, 23:05

I am currently at the 8th Ep (youtube power because the torrents are too slow for that drama). For those who are looking for a short OST link i found this link : http://amooni-87.livejournal.com/2354.h ... 770#t94770
(DL 140ko/s)

I am not agree with precedent posts, i find the lead actress pretty good / good looking, more typical asiatic than many of others. But it's my point of view.

riceavocado

Post by riceavocado » Aug 19th, '08, 17:48

I love QSS. It kept me addicted from the beginning to the end and the OST has kept me hooked on it past finishing it up.

Thanks Crystalis for the awesome subbing, I love it when the lyrics appear and you can tell that the songs synch up to scenes they are played in not just in the background, but by lyrics as well.

infundibuliform

Post by infundibuliform » Nov 22nd, '09, 08:01

Oh, my God, you guys! I had to share this, but I have no kdrama friends, so who else but you guys, right?

Behold, a Jesus wrinkle on Tae Joo's shirt! (Episode 2)

I knew many Koreans were Christians, but I never knew they were that devoted.

(Only for the lulz. Seriously there is no offense intended in this. :])