Thank You (MBC, 2007)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
User avatar
forevergirl
Posts: 71
Joined: Feb 14th, '06, 16:45

Thank You (MBC, 2007)

Post by forevergirl » Apr 12th, '07, 17:18

Title: 고맙습니다 / Thank You
Also known as: 우리들이 있었다 / We Were There / There We Were
Genre: Melodrama, Romance, Comedy
Episodes: 16
Broadcast network: MBC
Broadcast period: 2007-Mar-21 to
Air time: Wednesdays & Thursdays 21:55

starring:
Jang Hyuk as Min Ki Seo
Gong Hyo Jin as Lee Young Shin
Shin Sung Rok as Choi Suk Hyun
Kim Sung Eun as Suh Eun Hee
Seo Shin Ae as Lee Bom (Young Shin's daughter)


synopsis:
Min Ki Seo and Lee Young Shim will be a couple who hated the sight of each other at first but later developed affections along the way during their daily fights and disagreements. Min Ki Seo was orginally a doctor who always looked down on people and is very naughty as well until he met Lee Young Shim and her child who has aids. Lee Young Shim is a very cheerful and positive person despite the difficult life she has to face. Through her, Min Ki Seo slowly becomes a warm, gentle person because of love.




for those who love this drama, lets talk about it here!!
Attachments
20070306103309_253_0.jpg
20070306103309_253_0.jpg (129.07 KiB) Viewed 3540 times

beertax
Posts: 79
Joined: Jun 18th, '06, 11:02

Post by beertax » Apr 12th, '07, 19:13

This is without doubt the best drama currently airing in korea. It is not an extremely one-sided romantic comedy like "Hello Miss" or "Witch You Hee", nor a complex and somewhat convoluted story like "Ma Wang." It is a simple human drama about a 7 year old who has AIDS, the single mother struggling to raise her, a doctor who has lost the will to live, and the people around them. It's got great story, genuine, dry humor, and side characters who are more than one dimensional caricatures. In fact, it's a lot like "Ruler of Your Own World", at least so far into the story (ep. 8 )

A lot of the board members on MBC website expressed surprise that this drama is doing so well. Before this drama aired many expressed doubt, and a few anger at the notion of writing a story about a little girl getting AIDS thru blood transfusion error, which might deter the uneducated from donating blood in Korea. However, since it aired, there has been nothing but praise about this drama on the forums. In fact, this drama is handily beating its competition in the ratings. It's garners 14.6% of overall tv viewers for its timeslot this week, as compared to 12.7% for "Witch You Hee" and probably far lower for "Ma Wang", since it didn't even break top 20, according to this http://www.tnsmk.co.kr/rating/main.asp?menu=Gi_Daily.

One note of caution, however. The writer for this drama is the same one who did "A Love to Kill For." Many viewers of that drama felt burned after it finished because, while that drama had a great first half, the story went nowhere and everywhere in the second half which ended up ruining the experience for a lot of us.

So bear this in miind if you wish to commit to "Thank You." So far, it's great, easily the best on korean tv right now.

User avatar
Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen
Posts: 612
Joined: Apr 24th, '04, 07:38

Post by Kai Lien » Apr 22nd, '07, 04:33

Edited:

Thank you, Beertax!!

'll add a comment here after I watch the an ep or 2.
Last edited by Kai Lien on Apr 22nd, '07, 06:06, edited 3 times in total.

beertax
Posts: 79
Joined: Jun 18th, '06, 11:02

Post by beertax » Apr 22nd, '07, 05:18

Hope this helps.

01 고맙습니다 .Opening Title Go Map Seup Ni da (Thank You)
02 고맙습니다 -HUN Go Map Seup Ni da (Thank You)
03 사랑해요 -HUN Sa Rang Hae Yo (I Love You)
04 리코더 테마 Recorder TaeMa (Recorder theme (?))
05 바람 부는 날 BaRam BuNeun Nal (Day the wind blows)
06 흔적 Heun Juk (Trace)
07 너를 그린 회상 NuhReul GeuRin HweSahng (Reminiscing about you)
08 아픈 사랑 AhPeun SaRang (Painful Love)
09 아코디언 Theme Accordion Theme
10 슬픈기억 SeulPeun Gi Uck (Sad Memory)
11 푸른도의 아침 PuReun Do Eui (hard to romanize...) Ah Chim (Morning on PuReun Island)
12 희생 Hwe Saeng (Sacrifice)
13 천사 Chun Sah (angel)
14 작별 Jahck Byul (Parting... or goodbye)
15 기서 Theme Gi Suh (Gi Suh Theme)
16 시간이 흐르면 SiGanYi HeuReuMyun (When Time Passes)
17 약속 约 Yak Sok (Promise)
18 고맙습니다 Ending Title Go Map Seup Ni da (Thank You Ending Theme)

User avatar
naadianaa
Posts: 133
Joined: Nov 1st, '06, 16:23
Location: ....(O_o)....
Contact:

Post by naadianaa » Apr 22nd, '07, 05:35

beertax wrote:One note of caution, however. The writer for this drama is the same one who did "A Love to Kill For." Many viewers of that drama felt burned after it finished because, while that drama had a great first half, the story went nowhere and everywhere in the second half which ended up ruining the experience for a lot of us.

So bear this in miind if you wish to commit to "Thank You." So far, it's great, easily the best on korean tv right now.
crossing my fingers n hoping dat de ending would be a good one... :P
Image

User avatar
thundie
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 119
Joined: Jul 5th, '05, 05:29

Post by thundie » Apr 24th, '07, 10:28

beertax wrote:This is without doubt the best drama currently airing in korea. It is not an extremely one-sided romantic comedy like "Hello Miss" or "Witch You Hee", nor a complex and somewhat convoluted story like "Ma Wang." It is a simple human drama about a 7 year old who has AIDS, the single mother struggling to raise her, a doctor who has lost the will to live, and the people around them. It's got great story, genuine, dry humor, and side characters who are more than one dimensional caricatures. In fact, it's a lot like "Ruler of Your Own World", at least so far into the story (ep. 8 )
Wow, it's so cool to find someone who loves Ruler of Your Own World. It's one of my all-time favorites.

Thank You is amazing. Script, acting, music... all perfect so far.


thunderbolt

junior_pansy
Posts: 185
Joined: Jan 19th, '07, 11:43

Post by junior_pansy » Apr 24th, '07, 13:13

well...

whatever it is... it's nice to see Jang Hyuk back in action...

think he looks cooler now... more matured... more a man....

Thanks fo uploadin this drama

:D

beertax
Posts: 79
Joined: Jun 18th, '06, 11:02

Post by beertax » Apr 25th, '07, 00:15

to thundie,

Yes, "Ruler of Your Own World" is the bar by which I measure all other dramas.

User avatar
rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 532
Joined: Mar 10th, '05, 07:15

Post by rambutan » Apr 25th, '07, 00:53

By far the best series currently showing across all three languages - Kr, TW (Cn) and Jp. The cast and music/OST are unbeatable.

User avatar
rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 532
Joined: Mar 10th, '05, 07:15

Post by rambutan » Apr 25th, '07, 01:01

naadianaa wrote:
beertax wrote:One note of caution, however. The writer for this drama is the same one who did "A Love to Kill For." Many viewers of that drama felt burned after it finished because, while that drama had a great first half, the story went nowhere and everywhere in the second half which ended up ruining the experience for a lot of us.

So bear this in miind if you wish to commit to "Thank You." So far, it's great, easily the best on korean tv right now.
crossing my fingers n hoping dat de ending would be a good one... :P
But the writer also wrote Sangdoo and that was excellent till the end. Actually, the last few minutes i.e. ending were strange to me, but that's very OK.
Sangdoo's ending, unlike in A Love to Kill, was a good one after all the tears. I cried buckets during the series, that's why a happy ending in the last few minutes of the series was at odds to the preceding episodes.

User avatar
altessa
Posts: 52
Joined: Jan 15th, '07, 03:41
Contact:

Post by altessa » Apr 27th, '07, 13:22

I can't wait to see Jang Hyuk in this! I'm glad to hear this drama's doing well!
I hope this drama gets subbed soon. :D

User avatar
naadianaa
Posts: 133
Joined: Nov 1st, '06, 16:23
Location: ....(O_o)....
Contact:

Post by naadianaa » Apr 27th, '07, 13:44

altessa wrote:I can't wait to see Jang Hyuk in this! I'm glad to hear this drama's doing well!
I hope this drama gets subbed soon. :D
Already being subbed by WITHS2....it's already subbed until episode 8.
Image

User avatar
forevergirl
Posts: 71
Joined: Feb 14th, '06, 16:45

Post by forevergirl » Apr 28th, '07, 03:27

actually this drama is addicted, i love all the cast they deliver they're role very well, especially BOM, she's so cute and funny, at young age, she knows how to act!! she should be a best child actor..

...GS is falling for YS,

..GS and BOM looks like father-daughter, I prefer GS to be his father!!

User avatar
Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 474
Joined: Jul 21st, '04, 19:04
Location: JTV
Contact:

Post by Kamui6 » Apr 28th, '07, 07:04

:wub: Love this drama... great acting from Bom to MR. Lee [grandfather].
ImageImage

User avatar
naadianaa
Posts: 133
Joined: Nov 1st, '06, 16:23
Location: ....(O_o)....
Contact:

Post by naadianaa » Apr 28th, '07, 07:19

Just luv the way the relationship between Bom and GS been developing..... :wub:
Image

sonjonmom
Posts: 1
Joined: Apr 29th, '07, 03:47

Drama Thank You

Post by sonjonmom » Apr 29th, '07, 03:56

I have the subs, but where do i download the ep, could someone please help thanks?

User avatar
forevergirl
Posts: 71
Joined: Feb 14th, '06, 16:45

Re: Drama Thank You

Post by forevergirl » Apr 29th, '07, 22:46

sonjonmom wrote:I have the subs, but where do i download the ep, could someone please help thanks?
u mean the raw? u can dl here click for the torrent and type "THANK YOU" in search.. u that's it

arabian
Posts: 1292
Joined: Mar 29th, '06, 19:32

Post by arabian » May 12th, '07, 12:51

you can download the drama OST from my LJ direct link:

http://amooni-87.livejournal.com/1806.html
Taking break for quite a long time.. :-)

Nonbirira
Posts: 149
Joined: May 12th, '07, 12:34
Location: Japan

LOVE "Thank You"!!

Post by Nonbirira » May 12th, '07, 13:01

"Thank You" has got to be one the best Kdramas I've seen in a while. Great story and incredible acting. (Okay, so I rolled my eyes a bit in the 1st episode - but after that I was hooked!) I can't get over the child actor - she has such an important role and she makes it look so easy. As for the 2 leads, great acting there as well - they makes their characters so credible. Dying for the next episode but sad that it will bring me closer to the end. I love these people!!

ai-chan
Posts: 53
Joined: Dec 9th, '05, 01:27

Post by ai-chan » May 12th, '07, 21:23

yeah, i agree, Bom was soo cute and the acting was great ^^

I love this drama!! I've been searching for another interesting kdrama for awhile, and this is it ^^ hopefully the ending will be good!!

User avatar
Superkyle
Posts: 337
Joined: Mar 23rd, '07, 05:00
Location: LA, California -> Wichita, KS
Contact:

Post by Superkyle » May 12th, '07, 21:46

this is the drama thats airing in LA right now...

and im missing it!!! why did i have to move to Kansas,

judging from the reviews it looks good,

do you guys recommend that i download/watch it?

are there torrents/subs for this?
Image
"''"OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE LEAVE ME ALONE,
ALL THE BOYS BE :heart: ME, GIRLS BE :twisted: ME,
THEY WILL NEVER STOP CUS THEY KNOW IM SO HOT HOT
""

beertax
Posts: 79
Joined: Jun 18th, '06, 11:02

Post by beertax » May 13th, '07, 04:43

Having watched "Thank You" from beginning to the end this week on iMBC.com, I must say that I am a bit disappointed. This drama had a lot of the pieces right, from casting, to scenery, to great backstory, interesting sidestories, and the lil girl who was just a marvel to see act. Even the initial story, from episode 1 til maybe 6 or 7, was great writing that seemed to lay the groundwork for further drama.

However...

The greatness of the drama just stops there. From ep. 7 on, the central story seems to stall. Nothing major happens. Sure, there are revelations (which we the viewers are all fully aware of from ep 2), accidents (random and not in any way connected to the central illness) and high drama between the main leads, but when it comes right down to it there is no story. It seems as if the writer placed all these tasty and colorful ingredients into a pot, but fails to stir it up into a delicious final dish.

This is just speculation, but I think the writer may have felt a bit wary of driving the story into something more, especially after the rave reviews of the first episodes. Let's remember, she was the writer for "A Love to Kill", which was arguably very interesting and fun until just past the mid, when the story dived into a whirlpool of confusion and illogic. I thnk maybe the write did not want to burn what turned out good a second time, so instead chose (perhaps unconsciouly) to let thing play out on their own initial momentum.

So the writer ends up focusing her talents into creating a lot of sappy moments. These tidbits of teary drama are manipulative in the extreme, but in general work in spite of our awareness of them. But the writer really goes over the top towards the end, and in the final episode - not a spoiler - picks it up a notch in the sappiness to the point where it defies logic and common sense... even for country folk.

Take it episode by episode, and actually this drama works out quite well. Each has its moments and it is quite interesting to see the characters interact. But take it as a whole, and despite all the good, there is no central story to speak of. I wish the director/ writer will prop up more courage in their next works and take the risk of ruining what they have achieved if it means introducing a fine story.

julietrevolution123
Posts: 17
Joined: Mar 20th, '05, 22:47

Thank you?

Post by julietrevolution123 » May 13th, '07, 05:43

Hi guys!

I just finished watching the drama- Thank you(고맙습니다 ). It was EXTREMELY touching, just like I am sorry, I love you. This must be because of the same scriptwriter. She indeed made a good comeback after her badly-reviewed Ijuksa.

I actually just want to recommend this drama to anyone who loves kdrama that requires 1000x boxes of kleenex (boy, did I found those useful...).

BTW, does anyone know how to pronounce 고맙습니다 ? is this "kowasumida" or "gamsahamida"...? Although I understands it, I never learned how to read the characters...

고맙습니다 is now one of the top dramas on my list, hope you guys will enjoy it too!

User avatar
belleza
Posts: 713
Joined: Jan 21st, '07, 07:35

Post by belleza » May 13th, '07, 10:50

judging from the reviews it looks good,

do you guys recommend that i download/watch it?
In fact, when I went to the Korean Music Festival last week, the MBC booth was promoting Thank You as their marquee show. I'm up to Episode 11, and it's by far the best thing I've watched this season.

I live in Los Angeles, so I actually caught Thank You when MBC World finished airing Goong S (airing HIT too now, HIGHLY recommended!) Now I'm watching it online and then rewatching it on TV, and I'm seeing all these nuances and details in every episode that I completely missed.

The writing is really special on this show. But it's also disorienting, esp. if you've watched a lot of K-dramas.

For the most part, the screenwriter (MiSA, Love to Kill) reversed how melodrama and comedy is used in Korean dramas. It's almost a highwire act, how she subverts what is funny and what is tragic, making you really pay attention to the characters while disregarding the direction of the story. It's extremely disorienting because, if you look at the series as a melodrama, it has no story. Bad stuff happens almost randomly, but it's actually a good thing, because the screenwriter wants you to find the character development in other things. It's as if she wants to say "well, in real life, bad stuff happens without reason. why did she get HIV? why did the grandfather attain dementia? why? why? why? well . . ." She wants you find character development in the comedy, in how they change and interact with each other over trivial, silly things. And that is also how real life works. But it's difficult because you're so emotionally distraught from the melodrama just coming from anywhere and anything that you can't seen the characters clearly, not really. You're affected by your emotions. And I think that's just brilliant, because it mirrors how real life is. And it helps you realize just how rich the characterization is with the 3 main people.

That said, I don't know how this show can end. But you can sense that this drama is a slice of their lives, but their entire lives. In any case, I think this is THE show to watch this season so far.

User avatar
altessa
Posts: 52
Joined: Jan 15th, '07, 03:41
Contact:

Re: Thank you?

Post by altessa » May 14th, '07, 08:29

julietrevolution123 wrote:BTW, does anyone know how to pronounce 고맙습니다 ? is this "kowasumida" or "gamsahamida"...? Although I understands it, I never learned how to read the characters...
It's pronounced Komapsupnida. My romanisation isn't very accurate, but that's roughly how you pronounce it. ^^;

Aah, I'm currently at ep 4 and I had to stop watching because I had to go to work (am at work now...)! -.-; Can't wait to go home and marathon a few more episodes!

I'm so glad to see Jang Hyuk in another drama! *big fan* :wub:
Currently Watching: Thank You, Saiunkoku Monogatari (anime)

User avatar
Superkyle
Posts: 337
Joined: Mar 23rd, '07, 05:00
Location: LA, California -> Wichita, KS
Contact:

Post by Superkyle » May 14th, '07, 12:06

belleza youre from LA?

wow! thats it! we have to be buddies...

and youre gonna tell me what dramas are

airing in channel 18 and 44...

huh? whats HIT? is it a K drama or a Mandarin drama?


ill check it out because i loved MiSa...

beertax
Posts: 79
Joined: Jun 18th, '06, 11:02

Post by beertax » May 14th, '07, 12:44

Superkyle wrote:belleza youre from LA?

wow! thats it! we have to be buddies...

and youre gonna tell me what dramas are

airing in channel 18 and 44...

huh? whats HIT? is it a K drama or a Mandarin drama?


ill check it out because i loved MiSa...
HIT is a mbc crime drama. Starting the female lead from SandGlass and What's Up Fox. It's got elements of romance, but its definitely a crime-oriented drama.

User avatar
Superkyle
Posts: 337
Joined: Mar 23rd, '07, 05:00
Location: LA, California -> Wichita, KS
Contact:

Post by Superkyle » May 14th, '07, 21:02

ooh thank you... i liked Wha's Up Fox... and saw a couple of episoded of SandGlass...

i do like the actress, ill check it out! but later cus i have to check out Thank You first,

dont know how im gonna do that cus my comp is running out of space, do you think

that if might be available in crunchyroll or youtube, since its airing in LA, it might be

licensed already, so is it available to me?

Nonbirira
Posts: 149
Joined: May 12th, '07, 12:34
Location: Japan

Post by Nonbirira » May 15th, '07, 00:16

"Thank You" is available on VEOH. Up to episode 13 as of yesterday.

itsjiwon
Posts: 4
Joined: May 13th, '07, 23:53

Post by itsjiwon » May 15th, '07, 00:51

I started watching it on Saturday, and watched up to episode 12. I'm really loving the drama so far. Jang-Hyuk looks hot in this drama. haha. and the little girl who plays Bom. Was she in another movie/drama? 'cause she looks so familiar. I can't wait to watch the rest.

User avatar
belleza
Posts: 713
Joined: Jan 21st, '07, 07:35

Post by belleza » May 15th, '07, 01:08

and the little girl who plays Bom. Was she in another movie/drama?
I think she was in Hyena. I haven't seen that one though. The child actress going to win an award for her performance here.
belleza youre from LA?
Yeppers. :) In fact, I went to the MBC Korean Music Festival two weeks ago. Saw Super Jr, Fly to the Sky, Ivy, BOA, etc. Brian from Fly to the Sky was MCing the show too. (Which is interesting because the girl response was mostly definitely American.) And, yep, Thank You was definitely the buzz show that MBC was promoting.
and youre gonna tell me what dramas are airing in channel 18 and 44...
One thing to remember is that 18 has the MBC primetime programming, and 44 has KBS. Our airing schedule is about one season (~2 months) behind, but we have identical day and time slots. In Korea, Thank You followed Goong S around March in the 9:50 Wed/Thursday slot. Goong S finished about 2-3 weeks ago here, and next they aired Thank You.

In other words, you can monitor what's airing now and figure out what will be showing on 18 and 44 in about 2 months.

18 = MBC programming (HIT on Mon/Tuesday, Thank You on Wednesday/Thursday)

44 = KBS (just started Hello Miss on Mon/Tue, I think we're getting The Devil -woohoo!!!! -- next.)

At ~8:25pm, KBS has been showing the "By Land and Sky" / "As Much as Heaven and Earth" daily drama with subs. We're about into Episode 30-something right now.

User avatar
Superkyle
Posts: 337
Joined: Mar 23rd, '07, 05:00
Location: LA, California -> Wichita, KS
Contact:

Post by Superkyle » May 15th, '07, 04:05

belleza do you know if they are still airing The White Tower at 7:00p.m.

User avatar
belleza
Posts: 713
Joined: Jan 21st, '07, 07:35

Post by belleza » May 15th, '07, 04:12

Ahh, good question -- I don't know. I caught an episode of the White Tower by accident about 2 weeks ago, but I'd imagine it's right about the end of its run. I'm not even sure when it airs -- 18 runs Chinese programming at 7pm weekdays (for example, it was running the Hospital until about 3 weeks ago), and Japanese programming on w/ends.

User avatar
Superkyle
Posts: 337
Joined: Mar 23rd, '07, 05:00
Location: LA, California -> Wichita, KS
Contact:

Post by Superkyle » May 15th, '07, 11:05

yup, yup, thats channel 18...

i was going to ask you that if they were still airing The Hospital, i didnt want to admit it

but i was getting hooked on that show....

Jiiyoung
Posts: 19
Joined: Jan 3rd, '07, 03:48

Post by Jiiyoung » May 19th, '07, 21:03

It is the best drama I've seen this year :] I would say it's a must watch; it's very real and touching

User avatar
maria_hpm
Posts: 41
Joined: May 18th, '07, 15:28
Location: manchester

Post by maria_hpm » May 19th, '07, 23:18

i really like this drama
i've been waiting for the english subtitles for "Thank you" and i have to say that this is the best korean drama that ive seen in ages.
thanks d-addicts team for your effort in posting this for us!

User avatar
Superkyle
Posts: 337
Joined: Mar 23rd, '07, 05:00
Location: LA, California -> Wichita, KS
Contact:

Post by Superkyle » May 19th, '07, 23:54

alright! im watching it... in a bit, the torrent is going so slow...

but itll be hard cus i got interested in H.I.T. (I can thank belleza for that; :D )
and Witch Yoo hee, its so awesome...
Image
"''"OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE LEAVE ME ALONE,
ALL THE BOYS BE :heart: ME, GIRLS BE :twisted: ME,
THEY WILL NEVER STOP CUS THEY KNOW IM SO HOT HOT
""

User avatar
rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 532
Joined: Mar 10th, '05, 07:15

Post by rambutan » May 20th, '07, 00:06

Superkyle, you are watching many contemporary shows. After watching more ep or all of Thank You, I won't be surprised if you say it is the best of the lot. Come tell us. I like HIT (first 2 ep) and have watched a few ep of the new dramas you mentioned but Thank You beats them all. Story is very moving and deep, very rare to find nowadays. Unless you prefer action packed series.

User avatar
Superkyle
Posts: 337
Joined: Mar 23rd, '07, 05:00
Location: LA, California -> Wichita, KS
Contact:

Post by Superkyle » May 20th, '07, 00:24

i like all types, but...

whats contemporary? im sorry im pretty dense...

User avatar
rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 532
Joined: Mar 10th, '05, 07:15

Post by rambutan » May 20th, '07, 01:25

Current. In this context, I meant the shows you are watching were quite recently aired in Kr e.g. Witch, HIT, Devil, Hello Miss and of course, Thank You. I've watched the first few ep of all these but apart from HIT, which I have to wait for subs, I decided to proceed with Thank You till the end as the subs came out because it was the most addictive (usually I wait for the full release of subs before I start watching unless the show was very very good). It was a battle between Thank You and Witch by 4th or 6th ep and I decided that I'd restrict myself to biting nails over only one series (waiting for the subs as they are released week by week), rather than two. Thank You won.

User avatar
belleza
Posts: 713
Joined: Jan 21st, '07, 07:35

Post by belleza » May 23rd, '07, 12:14

Just finished Thank You right now . . . sigh . . .

All I can say is I'm really, really grateful that somebody made a show like this. If I end up watching another drama this year that approaches the inspiration I felt from this show, then 2007 will be truly a special year.

This show isn't conventionally realistic, but in its absurd, fairy tale, dreamlike prayer to the dead and allchildren, it speaks to life. It speaks to the process of living on It speaks to the demons and ghosts, old dreams and half-conscious musings which permeate our daily life. It speaks to fatherhood in a way I've just never seen in any show, because here it speaks with a deep, deep cry. Other shows may explore about the child and the father, but this show exalts in this. And alternately, it speaks to the spiritual toll of motherhood without preaching. Thank You is truly about the greatest love.

I can't describe how much I love these people. Even the grandmother in the end deeply touched me by her transformation, her genuine contrition of the sins done onto the child. How could anyone not fall in love with this angel of a child? Or the mother, whom Hyo-jin shows the full psychic terrain of a young mother, small and yet so strong. Few actresses can act out transition like Hyo-jin; especially here, her performance is a careful modulation of "what am I but my daughter's keeper?" Or the doctor, who is played by Jang Hyuk with a haggard, hungry, drunk intensity. The very strangeness of this man gives the show its off-kilter feel, that understanding that beyond his arrogance and genuinely bad disposition, he could very well have lost the plot. I've read that the success of this role has resurrected his career.

But, Thank You is about the child, innit? The acting of the child actress, the conscience that MISA's screenwriter spoke through this child's curious, happy voice. She is the message of Thank You, which resonates through and past the show's last frame. "If I'm your miracle, it is because of you. You created the miracle. Thank you."

User avatar
fizzlex3mh
Posts: 312
Joined: Feb 15th, '07, 01:11

Post by fizzlex3mh » May 23rd, '07, 20:03

I wanna watch this because its written by the same person who did MiSa
and also, Jang Hyuk looks like a hot actor. ^_^

buttt, i HATE Gong Hyo Jin. i watched 4 episodes of Sangdoo, Let's Go to School and couldn't watch it anymore. i'll finish it someday but GHJ ruined it for me. So I'm a little iffy about watching Thank You.
Currently watching: Women of the Sun || The Last Scandal of My Life

User avatar
Superkyle
Posts: 337
Joined: Mar 23rd, '07, 05:00
Location: LA, California -> Wichita, KS
Contact:

Post by Superkyle » May 24th, '07, 02:05

fizzlex3mh is that the actress?
Image
"''"OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE LEAVE ME ALONE,
ALL THE BOYS BE :heart: ME, GIRLS BE :twisted: ME,
THEY WILL NEVER STOP CUS THEY KNOW IM SO HOT HOT
""

beertax
Posts: 79
Joined: Jun 18th, '06, 11:02

Post by beertax » May 24th, '07, 04:12

fizzlex3mh wrote:I wanna watch this because its written by the same person who did MiSa
and also, Jang Hyuk looks like a hot actor. ^_^

buttt, i HATE Gong Hyo Jin. i watched 4 episodes of Sangdoo, Let's Go to School and couldn't watch it anymore. i'll finish it someday but GHJ ruined it for me. So I'm a little iffy about watching Thank You.
I feel the same way about GHJ in Sang Doo, but than I saw her in "Ruler of Your Own World" and she blew my mind. So i got even, until this drama... where she did a nice although somewhat muted job.

User avatar
belleza
Posts: 713
Joined: Jan 21st, '07, 07:35

Post by belleza » May 24th, '07, 07:45

buttt, i HATE Gong Hyo Jin. i watched 4 episodes of Sangdoo, Let's Go to School and couldn't watch it anymore. i'll finish it someday but GHJ ruined it for me. So I'm a little iffy about watching Thank You.
Yeah, GHJ is actually one of my favorite actresses, but her style (kinda likes to go into a plaintive whine a litte bit too often) grates a lot of people. Here, she delivers a mostly controlled, intentionally obtuse performance. The key thing of Thank You is that this story is a slice of their lives, a timeline where this single mother and this unfortunate child and their sweet, sad grandfather meet two men who could potentially complete their family. You sense about halfway that Thank You is the MISA screenwriter is writing this as part of a larger unwritten story. And that GHJ's performance as a mother perfectly expresses this. Her performance, and this writing here, is so rich here. I'm rewatching the episodes on TV now and there's just these wonderful nuances all over her acting. It's not just she's a single mother in a bleak situation, but that -- to this island and like her own daughter -- she was perhaps the favorite daughter of every ajuhmma on this island before she had a child out of wedlock. And perhaps, the grandmother who speaks such vicious things at her, the grandmother used to be best friends with her own mother, and in that sense she had always looked for this person who hated her for love. It's these things that get internalized into GHJ's performance, and so what you see is a weathered slice of a girl-woman who's been thoroughly beaten down, a daughter who badly misses her father, the meek who becomes strong for the sake of her child. And -- still -- you see a glimmer of the 20-year old girl that she once was. It's really a perfect role for GHJ; she's an actress of unfinished businesses.
its written by the same person who did MiSa
I kinda see this drama as the MiSa screenwriter's homage to Ruler of Your Own World. Both dramas quietly subvert typical drama devices seen in K-drama, and develop this unsettling special, special voice that makes you sit closer to the screen and really pay attention. And in doing so, you begin to experience the show as 16 or 20 episodes of living with these people. And it seems that it's enjoyed Ruler-style word of mouth. Thank You wasn't expected to do well, and it was mostly distinguished as Jang Hyuk's comeback show. It was put in a brutal time slot, and it was following the mediocre performance of Goong S. It ended up garnering a devoted following in Korea and it beat out the other big shows.

I personally think this is her best writing since MiSa, and it comes very close. MiSa still comes out on top, because MiSa remains arguably the last great romance melodrama in Korean drama, before the genre kinda collapsed domestically. But this comes close, even if it plays free and loose with its medical reasoning and its point-by-point plot. The characterization is beyond wonderful. And its fervent love letter to the transformative power of fatherhood will make you cry happy tears.

I may have gotten lucky this year, but 2007 has been a unbelievably strong year for Korean dramas. It seems that all the movie actors and actresses decided to go back to TV at the same time, and all the studios, in realizing that melodramas are no longer selling and that the Korean audience is preferring American TV now, are forcing themselves to elevate the writing. And among this strong competition, I think Thank You really has stuck out for me. It's something I can watch again and again and feel closer to something very real and magical.

User avatar
fizzlex3mh
Posts: 312
Joined: Feb 15th, '07, 01:11

Post by fizzlex3mh » May 25th, '07, 03:53

Superkyle - yeah Gong Hyo Jin is the main actress

belleza - wow you pretty much wrote an essay; I can tell you really love this drama

thank you beertax and belleza for the advice. I think I'm gonna watch it now. :-)

one question: is this a romantic comedy or a melodrama? the wiki says it's both...
Currently watching: Women of the Sun || The Last Scandal of My Life

User avatar
belleza
Posts: 713
Joined: Jan 21st, '07, 07:35

Post by belleza » May 25th, '07, 05:59

one question: is this a romantic comedy or a melodrama? the wiki says it's both...
To be safe, I'll say melodrama but see, that's what so unsettling about the show. Through the first few episodes, I couldn't make up my mind whether to laugh or cry. :D I'd say the show will make you cry more than you laugh, but the ending itself is "happy." Uhhh, yeah! :D

It's hard to describe, except to say the show has a unique voice. Sometimes when I talk about the show (like right now), I feel like tearing up. The amount of love these characters give to each other, it's really beautiful.

Anyhoo yes Thank You is still available at Veoh.

zeng
Posts: 1
Joined: Apr 24th, '07, 16:34
Location: Malaysia
Contact:

Post by zeng » May 25th, '07, 07:45

hi, can you pls summarize me eps 15 and 16? really thank you...

User avatar
rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 532
Joined: Mar 10th, '05, 07:15

Post by rambutan » May 26th, '07, 01:00

fizzlex3mh wrote:I wanna watch this because its written by the same person who did MiSa
and also, Jang Hyuk looks like a hot actor. ^_^

buttt, i HATE Gong Hyo Jin. i watched 4 episodes of Sangdoo, Let's Go to School and couldn't watch it anymore. i'll finish it someday but GHJ ruined it for me. So I'm a little iffy about watching Thank You.
LIke you, I put off Sang doo when I first saw it. I didn't last the first or second ep! GHJ put me off - like you said, AND she isn't pretty! But after reading only good reviews over the year(s), I decided to go back to Sang doo, and am glad I did. GHJ after the first few ep matured in the drama and by the middle, I was really in it. At the end, I had to give it to her - she is a great actress. Then I watched Ruler Of Your Own World and was amazed at her versatility. I think she would have outshone the lead girl, except the latter is too unique to be outshone by anyone. So when Thank You came along, I watched it for GHJ

As for Jang Hyuk, sorry, I didn't last beyond ep 1 of Success Story of a Bright Girl, but that's because I couldn't stand Jang Nara's whiny voice. Now debating whether I should watch this drama because of Jang Hyuk..... I still can't stand Jang Nara.

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 1953
Joined: Sep 30th, '04, 03:08
Location: Germany

Post by WroW » May 26th, '07, 01:06

belleza wrote:
one question: is this a romantic comedy or a melodrama? the wiki says it's both...
To be safe, I'll say melodrama but see, that's what so unsettling about the show. Through the first few episodes, I couldn't make up my mind whether to laugh or cry. :D I'd say the show will make you cry more than you laugh, but the ending itself is "happy." Uhhh, yeah! :D

It's hard to describe, except to say the show has a unique voice. Sometimes when I talk about the show (like right now), I feel like tearing up. The amount of love these characters give to each other, it's really beautiful.

Anyhoo yes Thank You is still available at Veoh.
It made me laugh more than cry :roll ...but maybe I am strange :whistling: ...but it had a lot of funny moments.

User avatar
rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 532
Joined: Mar 10th, '05, 07:15

Post by rambutan » May 26th, '07, 03:50

WroW wrote:
belleza wrote:
one question: is this a romantic comedy or a melodrama? the wiki says it's both...
To be safe, I'll say melodrama but see, that's what so unsettling about the show. Through the first few episodes, I couldn't make up my mind whether to laugh or cry. :D I'd say the show will make you cry more than you laugh, but the ending itself is "happy." Uhhh, yeah! :D

It's hard to describe, except to say the show has a unique voice. Sometimes when I talk about the show (like right now), I feel like tearing up. The amount of love these characters give to each other, it's really beautiful.

Anyhoo yes Thank You is still available at Veoh.
It made me laugh more than cry :roll ...but maybe I am strange :whistling: ...but it had a lot of funny moments.
The first few ep contain a few good laughs and the funny parts are really top class - not the slapstick, funny face induced comedy I'm getting tired of (like LDH in My Girl that went on to Hello! Miss). Although later ep turned more dramatic, I don't see them as melodrama where tears are shed because someone is dying (aka Autumn Love Story) or where acting is over the top over some sad event (last 2 ep of My Girl) so I'd call Thank You a drama. It's definitely not a romantic comedy to me (aka Dal Ja's Spring).

Nonbirira
Posts: 149
Joined: May 12th, '07, 12:34
Location: Japan

Post by Nonbirira » May 26th, '07, 04:01

I wish there was some other category other than melodrama/comedy that could be used to describe "Thank You." It's more human drama - just the unfolding of events in the lives of a group of people and sometimes it is hilarious and sometimes it's tragic - just like real life. It will warm your heart and make you laugh and cry - sometimes at the same time... I found the first episode somewhat melodramatic (I rolled my eyes over a few of the scenes) but after that it settles into something that is much more a slice-of-life kind of drama. Loved it - LOVED IT!!

Peggy
Posts: 1659
Joined: Mar 18th, '04, 04:18
Location: USA

Post by Peggy » May 26th, '07, 04:37

I have been telling everyone on another site to watch 'Thank You'. I think it is one of the best dramas from Korea. The way the events happen is so unique and it never gets boxed into a solution when there is a difficult situation. I especially liked what happened when the doctor was in the jail and how he was finally vindicated. Did not expect it to be that way.

I think Grandpa and Bom are perfect in the way their roles are written and the way they perform them. Even tho he has dementia on and off he really makes sense anytime and makes sharp comments or calls people names that are quite in keeping if you listen carefully and look at the person he comments about. He is a wonderful senior actor.

The little child actress should get an award for this and I am sure that will happen. I shall be looking out for this.

I am delighted to see that Jang Hyuck chose to do this role after his military duty. I don't think he would have been comfortable doing a light romance or even a tough guy role. He is so mature now and looks as though he really is suffering a lot of guilt(As the doctor) Still very attractive which was always a charm.

Lead actress never gets her just bouquets. She is a fine actress and a serious student of the art. She refused to have any of the usual 'cosmetic makeovers' because she wanted to study and really be a real actress. Hard to like her at times but she is good.

Love this drama and also loved the Korean' White Tower.' thought that was done very well. Not as powerful as the Japanese 'White Tower' for me but I watched it all with real focus and enjoyed it.

Peggy

User avatar
hacksign
Posts: 111
Joined: Jan 21st, '05, 05:42
Location: Cali

Post by hacksign » May 26th, '07, 04:57

To me, Thank You was a melodrama without being overly dramatic. It just made me appreciate it even more. No full-scaled, exaggerated romance overshadowing the story and I love how they ended the drama without taking the Seok Hyeon issue to a problematic level. Also, I like how they showed the AIDs thing as a part of their lives but not really a part of the story. I was somewhat thinking that they were going to make something bad happen to Bom or someone because of her somewhere along the way. However, they managed to make the whole story touching throughout without having to resort to that and that makes me respect them even more.

Overall, I would recommend it. It's nice to see a more human drama coming from Korea. I typically have to get those with jdramas.
Dr. Wilson: You have got to find less debilitating outlets than humiliating people. I hear bowling is more fun than stalking.
House: But I’m better at this.

hikki2me
Posts: 65
Joined: Dec 26th, '04, 15:33
Location: malaysia

Post by hikki2me » May 26th, '07, 06:30

i really love with this drama... recomanded drama of 2007
Image
visit myblog -- X and X

User avatar
belleza
Posts: 713
Joined: Jan 21st, '07, 07:35

Post by belleza » May 26th, '07, 06:45

am delighted to see that Jang Hyuck chose to do this role after his military duty. I don't think he would have been comfortable doing a light romance or even a tough guy role. He is so mature now and looks as though he really is suffering a lot of guilt(As the doctor) Still very attractive which was always a charm.
To me, his performance was like having Nicholas Cage play House. Curmudegeonly, cranky, mean-spirited . . . and undeniably, he had snapped. Early on, there's scenes where you could sense how frayed his nerves really were, and Jang Hyuk played him like a man who was slightly drunk on cruel, cruel fate. Laughing at and asleep with so much pain. It was such a beautifully written role, and he played it with the hunger of an actor who had to make a comeback.
think Grandpa and Bom are perfect in the way their roles are written and the way they perform them. Even tho he has dementia on and off he really makes sense anytime and makes sharp comments or calls people names that are quite in keeping if you listen carefully and look at the person he comments about. He is a wonderful senior actor.
The thing with Mr. Lee was that's really how grandparents eventually become if they live long enough. For me, living with Mr. Lee made me smile and very sad, because it reminded me a little of my grandmum. And what Mr. Lee was expressing belied the soul of Blue Island and its effect on its people and its people. When you come to Blue Island, the past and the present are the same. You not only live with your demons, you walk with them to the shore's end.
Lead actress never gets her just bouquets. She is a fine actress and a serious student of the art. She refused to have any of the usual 'cosmetic makeovers' because she wanted to study and really be a real actress. Hard to like her at times but she is good.
Not outside of Korea, no . . . GHJ just won an award from her performance in her last movie, Family Ties, and she's kinda transitioned into a serious movie actress. She to me has been kind of a protege for MiSa's screenwriter. She's been in 3 dramas that she has written, and in all she played tragicomic characters living on the margins. She's real.

One of the things I really like about her style is her casual, generous chemistry with her supporting cast and male leads. She was apparently long-time friends with Jang Hyuk, and it's said that she's genuinely popular with male actors because she can relate to them as one of the guys, with refreshingly honest amicability. From what I've read, she like actress Jung Ryu Won spent many of her years in Australia (GHJ went to high school and college there.) There, she hung with the boys and she was kind of a misfit like her character in Ruler. At least for me, her gift is in showing different nuances of how real women relate to each other. She will never belong, but she will make you feel like you are not alone.

Faith696
Posts: 11
Joined: Jul 30th, '06, 22:38

Post by Faith696 » Jun 1st, '07, 22:42

Hi, I am a new fans of this K-Drama. After seeing this drama.... I came up intio a conclusion that this is the best K-Drama I have ever seen til' now. I like all aspects (cast, place, story, etc) of this drama. It is so awesome I think.

Speaking of "Thank You", I especially love how the scriptwriter make a story bout life of a child that infected with AIDS. It feels so real and awesome (starts on ep. 8 and up) when the villagers reject the existence of Bom and her family cause it can be found in real life too.

Two thumbs up for this "so humanly" drama ^^!

User avatar
ISWAKrocks
Posts: 29
Joined: Mar 24th, '07, 16:06

Post by ISWAKrocks » Jun 1st, '07, 23:08

awww, sounds like a really good story line, can't wait 2 watch it :)

weewee
Posts: 2
Joined: May 20th, '07, 18:30

Post by weewee » Jun 2nd, '07, 16:17

i can say this is my top list favorite kdrama ever.at first i ranked Lovers, Kim Sam Soon and My Girl.but with no doubt, this is the 1st rank of my list. the writer is so genius writing the story and also all the cast are so talented that make the drama look like reality.HGJ and JH make a good pair.i have rewatched this drama for 3 times and i never boring.it's too good! 2 thumbs up! :)

Faith696
Posts: 11
Joined: Jul 30th, '06, 22:38

Post by Faith696 » Jun 9th, '07, 15:02

I am a bit wonder bout the ending. Have watched it 3x but still don't understand. Can someone explain it to me please?

beertax
Posts: 79
Joined: Jun 18th, '06, 11:02

Post by beertax » Jun 11th, '07, 06:23

If you guys love this drama, than will you please give "Ruler of Your Own World" a chance? It's got a different story, no adorable lil girl, and the main mal lead is butt ugly, but the two dramas have the same style of writing and development. In fact, many on the "Thank You" forum noticed and commented on this similarity.

As I've stated on this and other forums, ROYOW is perhaps the best kdrama ever made, and certainly the best romantic drama.

Nonbirira
Posts: 149
Joined: May 12th, '07, 12:34
Location: Japan

Post by Nonbirira » Jun 11th, '07, 07:29

Actually, I've been trying to track down "Ruler of Your Own World" (I've read some GREAT reviews) but haven't had much luck. Any suggestions? I LOVED 'Thank You" and I'm interested in watching anything that comes close! Thanks.

Jesette
Posts: 62
Joined: May 26th, '06, 02:19

Post by Jesette » Jun 14th, '07, 08:27

GREAT, GREAT SERIES FROM BEGINNING TO END. DON'T MISS THIS. IN FACT I CONSIDER ONE OF THE BEST KOREAN SERIES, IF NOT THE BEST, I'VE WATCHED IN TWO YEARS TIME. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO EVERYONE!

dyreen
Posts: 3
Joined: May 24th, '07, 16:58

Post by dyreen » Jun 14th, '07, 08:32

I cried buckets of tears because of this drama:( it's one of my favorites. It's definitely a must see. Just make sure you don't have any heart condition cause this can definitely hurt your heart:((:((:((. It's worth your time!

User avatar
bean
Posts: 391
Joined: Oct 6th, '06, 10:02

Post by bean » Jun 14th, '07, 11:46

Lol, is this drama that good ?! Then i will sure watch it, okey now i will watch Thank You first........ Since its written by the writer who write Sangdoo means its the same writer who write MISA...

N i hope i can dl it from veoh.. So happy to find another great k-drama.. :lol

User avatar
Li-Mei
Posts: 61
Joined: Mar 4th, '06, 23:55

Post by Li-Mei » Jun 14th, '07, 22:32

I love this drama!!! I didn't cry until the last episode when I watched grandpa (my favorite character). But throughout the whole story I teared up a bit. I enjoyed it and it's a drama that I'll definitely watch again in the future. The music was beautiful also, it really went well with the drama. HIGHLY recommended!!!

"Would you like some choco-pie?" I wanna go out and buy those now. Haha.

User avatar
bean
Posts: 391
Joined: Oct 6th, '06, 10:02

Post by bean » Jun 15th, '07, 15:32

Can someone explain to me ? I was so confused after watch ep 1 and 2. In ep 1 its showed that Bom daddy is the rich guy from the village is it? But why after that the Bom didnt call him daddy? N then dat yeong hoo i mean the borther who study at seoul now is Bom who?? Uncle?? :O

N also i though young shin is a rich girl? sorry i really cant get wats going on. Can someone explain it to me? But i realy find that this drama is very good . :lol

Faith696
Posts: 11
Joined: Jul 30th, '06, 22:38

Post by Faith696 » Jun 16th, '07, 22:51

bean wrote:Can someone explain to me ? I was so confused after watch ep 1 and 2. In ep 1 its showed that Bom daddy is the rich guy from the village is it? But why after that the Bom didnt call him daddy? N then dat yeong hoo i mean the borther who study at seoul now is Bom who?? Uncle?? :O

N also i though young shin is a rich girl? sorry i really cant get wats going on. Can someone explain it to me? But i realy find that this drama is very good . :lol
Young Shin is not rich afterall, the scene about her being rich is just her dream. And it's true that Yeong Hoo is Bom's uncle (Young Shin's younger brother). About Bom's daddy...you will find out about it at later episode. Just keep watching, this is a relly great drama!!! Hope you enjoy it ^^

User avatar
bean
Posts: 391
Joined: Oct 6th, '06, 10:02

Post by bean » Jun 18th, '07, 08:01

Well, i understand the whole drama coz i just finish watching it.. I just gotto say that this drama is way better than witch yoo hee and hello miss....if wanna choose the best drama of the year...

But i hope the episode will be longer coz they didnt show how Bom's dad fix the problem i mean the company problem occurs during the last 2 episode is it? and this drama is very unique coz even they love each other they never say i love you.. Hahaha.

Erm, actually i hope they will show more from min si geo (doctor) characther isnt he hates his father and as least he should intro young shin to his father and i hope this drama is longer.anyway, its the best drama so far for 2007.... :lol

dyreen
Posts: 3
Joined: May 24th, '07, 16:58

Post by dyreen » Jun 18th, '07, 09:35

They advertised "Chocopie" really well on this drama:) My sister actually bought 3 boxes and said they were on sale for 1.98 per box hahahaha... talk about being addict. Jang Hyuk never looked so good now that he matured. The shape of his face totally changed and of course, his body is so toned*sigh*. I would like to see more of him in the future, whether it's movies or another hit series.

User avatar
bean
Posts: 391
Joined: Oct 6th, '06, 10:02

Post by bean » Jun 18th, '07, 14:47

dyreen wrote:They advertised "Chocopie" really well on this drama:) My sister actually bought 3 boxes and said they were on sale for 1.98 per box hahahaha... talk about being addict. Jang Hyuk never looked so good now that he matured. The shape of his face totally changed and of course, his body is so toned*sigh*. I would like to see more of him in the future, whether it's movies or another hit series.
Yaya, he TOTALLY change ! ! ! I dont even know that he is the guy from successful story of a bright girl .. The one he act with jang na ra. i though the actor was actually kwan sang woo... :crazy:

Now i started like him coz he did well in windstruck and the one with jang nara , but the best still thank you.......... He is just a great actor.....

User avatar
bean
Posts: 391
Joined: Oct 6th, '06, 10:02

Post by bean » Jun 19th, '07, 11:07

Can anyone tell me what this line means ,

If i have become your miracle, then it's
because you first awakend my life's miracle.
To you, I say...
THANK YOU

I cant really understand this line, explain pls.. my english is sucks..

Faith696
Posts: 11
Joined: Jul 30th, '06, 22:38

Post by Faith696 » Jun 23rd, '07, 18:37

bean wrote:Can anyone tell me what this line means ,

If i have become your miracle, then it's
because you first awakend my life's miracle.
To you, I say...
THANK YOU

I cant really understand this line, explain pls.. my english is sucks..
I think he means that it was because of Young Shin that he could become a man like he is nowdays. At first Min Gi Seo is so arrogant, but he is gradually changed after he meets Young Shin and Bom. They are his miracle, and he can become their miracle because of them. That's just my opinion thought ^^.

anhnie
Posts: 104
Joined: Jun 8th, '06, 22:19
Location: USA

Post by anhnie » Jun 23rd, '07, 19:37

Hi, can anyone please tell me if this series is worth watching or not..'cuz i just finished reading over it & the synopsis seemed pretty typical & cliche..so i wasnt sure if i should DL it or not. Thanks!

User avatar
belleza
Posts: 713
Joined: Jan 21st, '07, 07:35

Post by belleza » Jun 23rd, '07, 20:11

I think the consensus on here and at Soompi is that this is the K-drama of the year, so far.
I think he means that it was because of Young Shin that he could become a man like he is nowdays. At first Min Gi Seo is so arrogant, but he is gradually changed after he meets Young Shin and Bom. They are his miracle, and he can become their miracle because of them. That's just my opinion thought ^^.
In fact, I think it goes even deeper than that. Even before this story started, you get the sense that Min Gi Seo was already at a bad time in his life. Than after the first episode, you sensed he was utterly lost. He needed Young Shin and Bom more than anything at this crisis in his life.

It's not just Min Gi Seo, though. Almost every character in the show seems to be in transition, and has their lives impacted and their lives impacting each other. Suk Hyun rediscovers his humanity through reconnecting with Bom; his pure, anguished adoration for his child made me cry a lot. The grandmother seems like the villain of the show, but she herself is wrestling her own demons and projecting her own battle onto the poor child. T

Thank You is to me an almost Christian show, because it's about how love brings out forgiveness and grace in each other. They are each other's miracles because they find some salvation with each other and are able to cleanse ourselves of their demons, regrets, and sins.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests