Coffee Prince Number One Shop (MBC, 2007)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
klamyo

updates

Post by klamyo » Dec 5th, '07, 04:45

incube wrote:
klamyo wrote:Direct download at http://www.starnova.info
If you wanna contribute t the site, PM me.
nice site .. wish they had more jumong episodes xD (only 15)
I'll up more later. :D

anohianotoki

Post by anohianotoki » Dec 25th, '07, 02:10

It seems a lot of people think this drama is great, but I thought nothing much happened during the last half.
After Han Kyul knows her true sex, there's not much more to do.
Grandma's objection seems contrived and doesn't she have terminal cancer?
The other girl losing her baby is just a lesson that women shouldn't be too
independent---though staying up late and drinking while pregnant is truly not a good
idea.

I think this drama does illustrate how people can say one thing and do another as
their true feelings come out. The artist can leave and make that guy angry, and he
can take revenge upon her return, but in the end, it's OK and they settle.

Eun Chan is the only one with anything to fear. All the other characters are floating
on a sea of money and only have to sort out their feelings.

In short, it seems that the writer(s) ran of of ideas after the sex revelation and just
dragged the show on.

4gongyoo

Coffee Prince Mania Across Asia

Post by 4gongyoo » Jan 1st, '08, 00:00

Coffee Prince mania is sweeping across Asia in 2008!

http://www.fridae.com/newsfeatures/arti ... warticle=1

belleza

Post by belleza » Jan 1st, '08, 12:18

On the one hand, both the actors and the original author and screenwriter stated that they didn't intend to write a "homosexual" or psuedo-homosexual romance.

BUT, I pretty much enjoyed Coffee Prince just as the above writer did, in all stages of their courtship. And in a way, the joy in watching the ups and downs of Coffee Prince was in seeing his conflict as sexual awakening (and in Eun Chan eventually forcing the issue with "his" straight man -- the eternal "why can't you admit the truth" gambit) that was plausibly seeded from the childhood memories mentioned in Episode 1 . . . and fully knowing the revelation would be the show's safety valve from CP *actually* being a dialogue on that subject.

At the same time, I'm also really fascinated that very likely Korea didn't see the show this way at all. At all. Because my Yankee goggles cannot help but pick up on the buddy-buddy horseplay (and not only between the two but the overall vibe between the princes) without going . . . hmm. Does gaydar exist over there? :D

belleza

Post by belleza » Jan 5th, '08, 03:30

OMG they're airing the Coffee Prince on TV again. IN CHINESE. Yes, in our evening Chinese drama hour they're airing the Chinese dubbed version of the Coffee Prince. They should have a picked lower voiced actress (like Ella, for example) to do Eun Chan's parts, but it's really fun to watch it this way!

anneramos

Post by anneramos » Jan 5th, '08, 11:37

hello! I enjoyed this series very much. Does anyone know, in the last episode who was the girl being trained by Waffle Sunki? I love Waffle Sunki's character and I also liked the girl in the end who was being paired with him. Thank you.

dramaholic love

Post by dramaholic love » Jan 5th, '08, 12:20

YEH is so thin here! she lost so much weight,, I just love YEH, she's so cute and funny!

naadianaa

Post by naadianaa » Jan 5th, '08, 16:05

anohianotoki wrote:It seems a lot of people think this drama is great, but I thought nothing much happened during the last half.
After Han Kyul knows her true sex, there's not much more to do.
Grandma's objection seems contrived and doesn't she have terminal cancer?
The other girl losing her baby is just a lesson that women shouldn't be too
independent---though staying up late and drinking while pregnant is truly not a good
idea.

I think this drama does illustrate how people can say one thing and do another as
their true feelings come out. The artist can leave and make that guy angry, and he
can take revenge upon her return, but in the end, it's OK and they settle.

Eun Chan is the only one with anything to fear. All the other characters are floating
on a sea of money and only have to sort out their feelings.

In short, it seems that the writer(s) ran of of ideas after the sex revelation and just
dragged the show on.
OMG... i feel the same way..... the first half was great but towards the ending it kinda lost its momentum... too bad... it would have been a great drama....

Yorokobi

Post by Yorokobi » Jan 5th, '08, 16:12

does anyone know where i can direct download this?

may930

Post by may930 » Jan 13th, '08, 22:27

its true the acting was great...but i watched it during the vacation...and i was waiting for the subs to come out...and i kinda lost it during the middle...i still continued to watch it but i read the online summaries and began to skip through the whole episodes

synkronize

Post by synkronize » Jan 28th, '08, 16:40

Hi, i just want to say how much I love CP!! It's the only other Korean show that I love so much after MNIKSS!!

Btw does anyone know the name of the Song which Han Kyul sang to Eun Chan on the phone?? I don't think its included in the OST though, I could be wrong

I love tat song and would really appreciate if anyone knew where I could get it. Thanks

princess_jime

Post by princess_jime » Jan 28th, '08, 17:36

Are you referring to: HAN DONG JOON - “너를 사랑해” (I Love You)? this song?

You can download that song, and all the other song that are not in the OST here:

http://www.dramabeans.com/media-stuff/c ... oundtrack/

The amazing Dramabeans posted direct download links on her blog for everything. Seriously, she's wonderful!!!!

I have them all burned on a cd... it's funny, whenever I play it at home, everyone gets in such a good mood... and they don't know it's all music from coffee prince. :wub: XD XD

koibito

specs

Post by koibito » Jan 31st, '08, 13:28

I really like the black glasses that Choi Han Seong was wearing in the drama. Any one knows where to get the similar frame? lol.

dakrum

Post by dakrum » Feb 15th, '08, 06:14

this was my first KDrama and i was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of some other good ones please ^_^ :sweat:

fizzlex3mh

Post by fizzlex3mh » Feb 15th, '08, 20:35

dakrum wrote:this was my first KDrama and i was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of some other good ones please ^_^ :sweat:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_11526.htm

cjgohan2003

Post by cjgohan2003 » Feb 20th, '08, 01:44

I just finished episode 12. And I'm somewhat worried with what's about to follow. The conclusion to the gener-bending role play was how fast it was resolved. What was built up with such ease was scrapped so carelessly in a rom-com-esque (is that even a word?) sequence that has been done way too many times (except with rose peddals). The transition from borderline melo-drama back to its quirky elements felt rushed and I wished that there would have been a bit more to their dialogue than just "i'm sorry, i'm wrong".

I really enjoyed all the episodes building up to this one. It felt so fresh; each character was enjoyable, and the odd comrad-ship between the coffee princes felt endearing (especially in the earlier episodes).

CP reminds me a bit more of an american style-primetime series than that of a kdrama. Its use of local bands definitely boasts its youthful themes. What I was more surprised with is the more casual (for lack of a better word) portrayal of sex. While they do not treat it as merely a shallow act, they do acknowledge its prevelance amongst urban society. I just wished that CP doesn't lose its charm post-ep12, as the family conflicts as well as adultery mishaps will certainly turn this back into a typical kdrama.

battlegirlai

Post by battlegirlai » Feb 20th, '08, 02:04

it didn't lose its charm past ep 12 for me. i was actually quite impressed and happy that the story didn't just end as "i'm a woman, now we can live happily ever after!" i feel that coffee prince was all the better for showing the aftermath of such a dramatic buildup. the other relationships that coffee prince is about...han kyul's cousin's romance, his grandmothers sickness, his troubles with his father, eunchan's sister and min yeop's romance, eun chan's mother's men troubles, and not to mention the other princes and their love lives....would have had no time to be resolved properly if it had just ended as soon as eun chan and han kyul got together.

keep watching, i don't think you will be disappointed.

xk

Meh..

Post by xk » Feb 20th, '08, 03:32

I watched this drama last year. The Episode 1, 2, 16, and 17 are the best. All the rest is kinda boring. Yoon Eun Hye is ugly in this series... except for in EP 17.

You want to see some SERIOUS beauty of Yoon Eun Hye go watch The Vineyard Man. That drama OWNZZZZZZZ. :salut: One of the prettiest girls ever. I've been seeding this drama for a month now. Go check out the torrent section and look for Vineyard Man DVD Uncompressed version. It's over 40GB in size. I got some screenshots as well. Man.. forget Coffee Prince... watch the real stuff, The VIneyard Man. End of story. :alcoholic:

cjgohan2003

Post by cjgohan2003 » Feb 23rd, '08, 07:20

Just finished the series. I enojyed the drama as a whole, and I couldn't help but plant a big toothy grin on my face once it was all over.

Post-ep12 really lost its pace to its finale. I was somewhat dissapointed, but knew they couldn't do much more after eun chan's confession.

17 was a momentum killer. You could tell they tacked on that extra episode for commercial purposes but still, during the last 15 minutes I had no idea where it was heading.

I wasn't expecting an analysis on homosexual-affairs, but I was thorougly delighted at the show's more liberal aspects without going over the top. For all its hype, it's very well deserved.

Wow, i feel stupid for liking a trendy drama a bit too much. :lol

engchunh

CP

Post by engchunh » Feb 23rd, '08, 07:31

This is shown on Singapore can wait to watch lol

deb1430

Post by deb1430 » Mar 6th, '08, 09:03

Coffee Prince surpassed Legend at the PD Award.

The popular drama Coffee Prince defeated Hallyu star Bae Yong Joon's drama Legend to win the most prestigious award for television drama at the PD Award.

Evening of February 28, the Annual PD Award was held at SBS's theatre. Coffee Prince triumphed over Legend and received the biggest award of the night which was Excellent Production.

Besides, MBC's Infinite Challenge show won the Best Variety Show.

Other stars such as Kang HO Dong, Kim Tae Hee, Kim Myung Min, Wonder girls also participate in the award as award presenters.

Source: http://krfilm.net/f/14374-1-1"]http://krfilm.net/f/14374-1-1
Etrans: Ic3cream@KST_CICHLID

zoobie

Post by zoobie » Mar 15th, '08, 04:18

Coffee Prince OST

01.Lalala, It’s Love!- The Melody
02. White Love Story - ASONE - Lyric
03.One cup of coffee (humming urban stereo) (Feat.YoCho)
04.Go Go Chan!! - Tearliner (Feat.(YoCho))
05.Coffee fragrant over brim
06.For A While - MNI MinJae
07.Mocha - Casker
08.Ocean travel [Choi Han Sung ver. ] - Lee Sun Gyu
09.One piece of Sunlight
10.Polly - The Melody
11.Alkong Dalkong
12.Ocean travel - Tearliner
13.Double Shot - Casker
14.Good memory
15.It sits gently in the wind (ocean travel Piano Ver.)
16.Go Go Chan!![ Public airing Ver.] - Tearliner

The file is in .zip format. You will need Zip program to Unzip this file.
Click to download http://www.mediafire.com/?dbi0gm230tn

mueslikruemel

Post by mueslikruemel » Mar 17th, '08, 21:22

hi there^^,
I have a little question. Does anybody know, what song Manager Hong (and the rest of them) is singing in Episode 5? The scene when they have been working all day on Manager Hong's Friend's apple plantation and in the evening sit together, drink and play guitar... (something around 45 min)

And is this song included in the soundtrack?

thanks in advance

childermass

Post by childermass » Mar 19th, '08, 21:36

Uhm, lead guy doesn't know that he's in love with a girl (who's pretending to be a boy) despite all that "skinship"... not my cup of coffee.

wlben

Post by wlben » Mar 20th, '08, 16:30

couldn't wait to see it

ngpossible

Post by ngpossible » Mar 25th, '08, 03:41

does anyone know the name of the song that plays in ep.16 when eun chan hugs gong yoo from the back (around 43 min. into the ep.)

wuff

Post by wuff » Apr 13th, '08, 12:47

well, actually I have just got this parody from esztokam: thanks a lot to her!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGKD7DUe5Sk

I think it is excellent!!! Hope you will enjoy it, too!

if you guys already had known about it, sorry for sharing it once again!

belleza

Post by belleza » Apr 24th, '08, 11:02

Congratulations to YEH for winning Best Actress in TV Drama in this year's Baeksang Awards. This is roughly equivalent to winning the Emmy, and quite a few famous actresses (like, uhh, Jeon Do Yeon) have never won this one. I think the Coffee Prince may have officially made her the top actress in K-drama. At 23. Wow.

madrias

Post by madrias » Apr 24th, '08, 11:07

coffee prince will always have a special place in my heart. :)

risjenny

Post by risjenny » Apr 24th, '08, 11:28

this is one of the very few dramas from 2007 that i really really liked!! couldt watch it over and over and over again...iam keeping all the episode from this drama...

deb1430

Post by deb1430 » May 3rd, '08, 09:15

credit:[/color] smr05 @ Yoon Eun Hye International Club

source: http://bloggernews.media.daum.net/news/1084374

link to the Baeksang Judge's original blog:

http://bloggernews.media.daum.net/news/1084374

There probably wouldn’t have been many who expected Yoon Eun Hye to win the Best Actress Award in the Drama category. During the judging process, even us as the judges were rather surprised and taken aback when we realized that the collective decision was heading towards Yoon Eun Hye.

I imagine that when Yoon Eun Hye herself saw great seniors Kim Hee Ae and Park Jin Hee set foot at the Baeksang awards, she most probably would have emptied herself with the thought of winning the award. And in that condition she was obviously unable to contain the shock and disbelief when she heard her name get announced.

After seeing Yoon Eun Hye’s tears, for the first time in 3 years, I guess you could say that I felt planning and preparing the event was worthwhile.

This was the picture of Yoon Eun Hye that the judge posted on his/her blog:

Previous to this comment, the judge also commented on how for the first time in along time, the Baeksang committee decided to not tell the actors and actresses beforehand on whether they won the award or not. They really wanted all or most of the nominees to attend, and despite the critiscm and endless whinging from the stars and their managers, the turn out was more than expected.

The judge also commented on how he/she felt sorry towards Kim Hee Ae, but really saw how great of an actress she was when Kim Hee Ae hugged and patted Yoon Eun Hye on the cheek when Yoon Eun Hye came running towards her after the awards ceremony had ended.

Yoon Eun Hye is the youngest actress to ever win the "Best Actress Award" at Baeksang, and the youngest actress to ever win Best Actress at Grimme Awards and Top Excellence/Best Actress Award for MBC.

Yoon Eun Hye-"Acting Awards" received from 2006-2008:

1. "Best Actress Award": The Grime Awards 2006 (The Vineyard Man)

2. "Best New Actress": MBC Awards 2006(Goong)

3. "Best New Actress Award": KBS Awards 2006 (The Vineyard Man)

4. "Best Actress Award" or "Top Excellence Award": MBC Awards 2007 (Coffee Prince)

5. "Best Actress Award": 44th Annual Baeksang Arts Awards 2008 (Coffee Prince)

sitaslide

Post by sitaslide » May 4th, '08, 11:53

Yup!!!
she really made it..
i am not surprised...she really deserve the awards..
her acting is really good..
i am very delighted to see her actings in drama and movie since her performance in Goong...

Chukae!!! Hip..hip..HURRAY!!

I'll be waiting for your next performances!

v(^_^)v

teren

coffe prince - coming sooN

Post by teren » May 4th, '08, 12:01

is that for season2?

neuhikari

Post by neuhikari » May 5th, '08, 06:47

I have seen this drama and I really liked it . in the first episode I couldn't even recognize that he was a she. I thought She was a little guy but no a girl. It really surprised me. cause of that the plot was very interesting I really liked it. :wub:

deb1430

Post by deb1430 » May 13th, '08, 21:58

http://www.sportsseoul.com/news2/entert ... 15563.html

Montecarlo TV Festival 2008 is holding their annual awards ceremony and Coffee Prince has been nominated for the best TV Series in the Comedy category.
Whats more exciting... is that Yoon Eun Hye has been nominated for best leading actress in a TV Series!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Montecarlo TV Festival is one of the 4 major TV festivals in the International arena. http://www.tvfestival.mc/2008/

Dante101

Post by Dante101 » May 13th, '08, 22:24

Wait wait wait wait is this like a second season to the First Coffee Prince? If it is i hope its as good as the first one. But if this is like an attempt to make a spin of and it fails badly i'm going to cry :cry:
Image[/code]

deb1430

Post by deb1430 » May 14th, '08, 07:58

Dante101 wrote:Wait wait wait wait is this like a second season to the First Coffee Prince? If it is i hope its as good as the first one. But if this is like an attempt to make a spin of and it fails badly i'm going to cry :cry:
Image[/code]
there will be no second season. The PD said she wont agree to make a second season.

engchunh

Post by engchunh » May 14th, '08, 08:31

LOl sad

Dante101

Post by Dante101 » May 14th, '08, 14:46

Yes very sad :cry: Coffee prince was good :D it made you happy and sad and all sorts of emotions plus Kim Dong Wook IS HOT!~~ :wub:

BOGCHI

Post by BOGCHI » May 15th, '08, 05:15

I saw for episodes of it.. although t was funny, I could get into buying the fact that the guys thought YEH was a guy. It's kinda ruining it for me, but I'll keep watching.

indyana

Post by indyana » May 21st, '08, 00:02

I finally finished watching the Coffee Prince series today. I have to say that it's absolutely amazing. It's the first and only KDrama I've watched. I was attracted by the premise of the series, so I obtained a few episodes to try it out. I was utterly hooked from the first episode. All the characters were interesting; I found myself rooting for each one of them at some point. The series made me laugh out loud many times, and occasionally, it even made me cry.

I think the actors all deserve great things in their futures; everyone in the series did an excellent job. I'm sad to hear that there won't be a second season after all though. I guess I will have to find out what KDrama to watch now that I have completed Coffee Prince.

nim

Post by nim » May 21st, '08, 15:42

it's become my favorite drama of all time :¨¨U I'm missing it already.. abstinence x¨¨U
feel sorry there won't be a second season after getting worked up at the notion from noticing "The 1st Shop of" in the title... but I guess it'd be impossible to do a second one doing the first justice.

longing for next drama by miss "Funny Voice" :P (as nicknamed by other staff as seen in special episode) it was a perfect wind down after the series.. just stopping after final episode would be like not getting a goodbye from someone you like x¨¨f

gaeulprincess

Post by gaeulprincess » Jun 2nd, '08, 17:26

aww.. i would love to have a CP2!! anyways... i love it... though i got really 'ewwyy' on the part where KDW got some hots on YEH though he thinks YEH is a boy... hahaha! i was shouting all the time hhahaa... but i thank GOD it was only for 1 episode... hahaha... then all the drama starts when everything is revealed...

because of this series i get to have the thought of learning coffee art!! ahhh!!!!! :)

nim

Post by nim » Jun 2nd, '08, 21:18

I was fortunate enough to be charmed by both versions of their relation x¨) luckiness...

viperx116

Post by viperx116 » Jun 10th, '08, 05:57

What drama was it previewing at the end of the special episode?

Brightstar

Post by Brightstar » Jun 14th, '08, 12:30

Just loved watching the drama. Great stress buster.....

Loved the cast too - the leading four were really good....

Myxale

Post by Myxale » Jun 14th, '08, 20:36

:wub:
Love this drama!

Was my first K-Drama and never regretted it! And still my all time fav!
A well told story and with the right mixture of cry-fest and funny-fest moments!

The Cast was so lovable and especially our two leads!

I, at one point, really go too fond of Yoon Eun Hye, and that I didn't care if she was a boy or not! :mrgreen:

She stole my heart quite some times in that drama!

:cry:

They deserve very award there is! :cheers:

deb1430

Post by deb1430 » Jul 29th, '08, 22:24

Yoon Eun Hye & Nakama Yukie nominated for Best Actress in 2008 Seoul Drama Festival

credit: www.yooneunhye.madmooseforum.com
translation: jac
source: http://cynews.cyworld.com/service/news/ ... 0030116191

Yoon Eun Hye of the Korea popular TV drama [Coffee Prince] has been nominated for Best Actress in Seoul Drama Awards. Japan actress, Nakama Yukie will also be contending for the same title.

The organizing committee for Seoul Drama Awards has published the final results after reviewing 152 TV dramas sent by 33 countries from around the world. Yoon Eun Hye of MBC TV drama [Coffee Prince] is nominated for Best Actress Award. Other 5 actors nominees also includes the lead actress, Nakama Yukie of NTV TV drama [Gokusen] series.

The organizing committee also announced a total of 22 entries from 15 countries earning award nominations. A total of 4 categories from Korea, Best Actress Yoon Eun Hye, Writer Award Kim Jong Soo, Drama Award MBC, Drama Series SBS [Golden Bride].

The 3rd Annual Seoul Drama Awards is scheduled to be held on 14th October at KBS Grand Hall. The Award Ceremony will be broadcasting for the first time around the world in 33 countries.

Yoon Eun Hye's impressive acting achievements:

nim

Post by nim » Jul 29th, '08, 23:52

cool! keep us updated please :)
for what works are nakama probably nominated? can't remember having seen anything she's done that seemed deep enough to give her a real test of such skills :0

hope eun chan will win anyways x)/ fighting!

Myxale

Post by Myxale » Jul 30th, '08, 07:54

Cool stuff! Thanx for the update!

It ladies deserve it! Bot are lovable and charming in their roles!
But I'm rooting for "My Chan!" Go Chan!

But still! Yankumi, Fight-O!

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Aug 12th, '08, 17:32

Currently rewatching this series with my cousin so just wanted to say something about it a year later.

After reading most of the thorough discussion about the story, I agree. Coffee Prince offers so much to the viewer. It is definitely unique in portraying relationships. Not those sappy, overdramatic and unrealistic tone that most Korean dramas have, but instead we see scenes that are portrayed in a very realistic manner. It took its time to build up the "gender contradiction, lovelorn feelings".

Adding to the superb storyline are the top notch acting. I wasn't a fan of the actress Yoon Eun Hye (but was a fan of the Korean girl group Babyvox and she was my favorite baby looking in that group) before this. Sorry to say, but I swear Goong is by far one of those overrated dramas. I cannot find any reason in that drama to like besides it coming from one of my favorite manhwas and the setting. All of the actors suck (I've probably denounced all the hype about Goong drama in other threads so many times) in acting and were annoying. Yoon Eun Hye was the worst and I really wanted to forgive her by watching her next drama, The Vineyard Man, and yet another disappointment.

I was about to stop getting my hopes up for Eun Yoon Hye dramas until I was attracted to the storyline of Coffee Prince. At that time, Hanakimi was also showing and since I'm a big fan of gender bending mangas, I tried Coffee Prince. What I found was not another wannabe cute girl image, but a real actress improving and knowing her own weaknesses to be able to portray a character like Eun Chan. Though she's still not considered the best actress on my list, she has by far gone up notches. My fate for her has revived and I congratulate her for all the awards she has won or will be winning in the future.

In another note, seriously those who rate Goong as number 1 in their list, how many Kdramas have you seen? There are far better ones out there. Most probably only started watching Korean dramas because they heard Goong Live Action was showing. I was one of those hopefuls, being a big fan of the manhwa, who expected the romantic comedy scenes between Shin Chae-Gyeong and Yi Shin. I knew that Korean actors were the best at portraying love (mushy) scenes genuinely. Yet what I got from Goong was a learning show on how to act emotionless, how to be stiff and "how to be annoying as you can get". As I've said before, Goong == Meteor Garden of Korea. Though the actors look good, for the life of God, they can't act.

Back to Coffee Prince, those who detest Goong as well, I highly recommend this because it will revive your love for Eun Yoon Hye or for Korean dramas overall. To add to that is the max addiction to getting more dramas that stars Gong Yoo aka the adorable Han Kyul. Everything about Coffee Prince is just perfect like listening to the OST can make you remember all the touching moments in the drama. Though the ending could have been better, at least it didn't get sappy/tragic as other dramas.

princess shion

CANT FIND IT!!!

Post by princess shion » Aug 15th, '08, 13:17

HI GUYS ^^
im quite not an expert on this site... ive been reading a lot about Coffe Prince and im reeeeeeally curious about it. From what i see its easy to get this drama, but im having quite a hard time finding it...
ive been trying to download the raw version from clubbox, but i cant even open the page. I read somewhere that its been torrented on this site but i dont find it. Can someone help me? thank you

nim

Post by nim » Aug 15th, '08, 13:29

pm:ed :)

gerald_tot

Post by gerald_tot » Oct 20th, '08, 16:33

this might be a old question. what is the lead's cellphone? it looks really cool

xk

Re: CANT FIND IT!!!

Post by xk » Oct 20th, '08, 17:28

princess shion wrote:HI GUYS ^^
im quite not an expert on this site... ive been reading a lot about Coffe Prince and im reeeeeeally curious about it. From what i see its easy to get this drama, but im having quite a hard time finding it...
ive been trying to download the raw version from clubbox, but i cant even open the page. I read somewhere that its been torrented on this site but i dont find it. Can someone help me? thank you
lol you can get them at myaigoo. you can get all of them episodes in high def 720p too.

But I tell ya Yun Eun Hye looks really pretty with long hair... Check out EP6 and EP17 lol..

You should also check out "The Vineyard Man". She's got long hair there and real pretty. :lol

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Mar 7th, '10, 20:21

News on Kim Jae Wook:
キム・ジェウク、ドラマ『悪い男』にキャスティング
ドラマ『コーヒープリンス1号店』に出演したキム・ジェウクが、5月放送予定のSBSドラマ『悪い男』で俳優業を再開させる。

ドラマ制作会社はこれにより、ドラマメインキャストが最終決定されたことを明らかにした。同作品にはほかに、キム・ナムギル、ハン・ガイン、オ・ヨンスらがキャスティングされている。

大企業後継者、テソン役を演じるキム・ジェウクは、『コーヒープリンス1号店』を始め、映画『アンティーク~西洋骨董洋菓子店~』などの作品で注目されているモデル出身の俳優。

saia-a

Post by saia-a » Apr 7th, '10, 20:08

one of the best dramas I've ever seen)

aeo

Post by aeo » Apr 7th, '10, 20:36

saia-a wrote:one of the best dramas I've ever seen)
I agree

never2muchcoffee

Post by never2muchcoffee » Aug 28th, '10, 23:37

Coffee Prince is only the second Korean drama I've watched, and I chose it based on all the recommendations I've seen in various threads on the site. I was not disappointed - in fact, I'm afraid it may have ruined me for future Kdramas :) So I'm hoping someone can recommend more Kdramas like Coffee Prince - not necessarily for the gender-bending, though I don't mind more of that - but for the romance and sheer delight it contains. Also, I loved how passionately and sincerely the show portrayed affection and love - I was SO happy that the kissing and hugging and everything seemed so real (unlike so many others I've seen). This is the kind of drama that leaves me begging for more, so I'm asking for help finding more like it :) Thanks in advance!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Aug 29th, '10, 09:35

You won't see so real hugging often, maybe in Lovers and few others.
Recommendation topic: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_11526.htm

Sajen16

Post by Sajen16 » Mar 24th, '11, 18:07

Coffee Prince was my first Korean drama and I must say I liked it a lot. It also marked another first for me in Western love stories I usually don't care about any of the characters and frequently want them to be miserable instead of happy, in Japanese love stories I usually only care about one couple, in this one I wanted everyone to be happy. Does Gong Yoo remind anyone else of Tom Cruise or is that just me and my mom? I was really impressed with Lee Sun Gyun who I'm now a fan of in fact I wanted Eun Chan to be with him for the first 13 or 14 episodes.

Biozombie

Post by Biozombie » Jul 17th, '11, 17:08

On epidsode 6 of this. Really good, though I can't get over the ridiculousness of everyone thinking the most beautiful woman in the world is a guy :crazy:

Myxale

Post by Myxale » Jul 17th, '11, 17:41

To the defense of the all encompassing "ridiculousness", YEH did a great job on being guy-ish. There were moments I was willing to believe it.

Have fun watching the best K-Drama-eva!

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 17th, '11, 17:47

Myxale wrote:
You are right, My Chaaan^^ :mrgreen:

Biozombie

Post by Biozombie » Jul 17th, '11, 19:30

Myxale wrote:To the defense of the all encompassing "ridiculousness", YEH did a great job on being guy-ish. There were moments I was willing to believe it.

I'm not meaning her acting (which is great as usual), she's just way too stunning to ever be considered a guy imho.
Loving it so far. Got work at 7 but I don't think I'll be getting an early night tonight.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 17th, '11, 20:10

I care to agree with Myxale. YEH did look tomboyish, and she did that great! It's not in any contrast with her being beautiful woman.

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Jul 18th, '11, 19:12

YEH is one of my favorite actresses, but i don't think, that she is beautiful. Yes she is cute, but not beautiful. But she has a lot of charisma. Ok if she dolls up, then she is beautiful, but almost every woman on earth is beautiful, if she dolls up.

Myxale

Post by Myxale » Jul 19th, '11, 14:14

True!
YEH shines because of her natural and charismatic looks.
None of those fake teeth, nose and everything else looks!
AND that gives her looks and charisma a big boost IMO!

el_canuck

Post by el_canuck » Jul 19th, '11, 14:54

This drama is the most downloaded and streamed Kdrama in history. It put Korea on the map at the world TV Awards in Monte Carlo back in 2007/8 as the first KDrama ever to be nominated (there were five from around the world). The amazing thing is that YEH was not the original cast member (I forgot who that was), but for the fact that someone had a shampoo contract and was not allowed to cut her hair, that YEH got the part. YEH asked only that they cut her hair after she graduated from college because of pictures with family.
They did extend it one episode and I think they should have gone at least one more but Gong Yoo had to report for the Army. A true classic, that set the bar a little higher for KDrama.
Since then, I think only Secret Garden has come close in both quality and popularity.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jul 19th, '11, 15:05

Coffee Prince was really a treat from Korea. It was a successful gender bender, down to Earth and human. It had a very good cast with excellent chemistry and it really set the bar high for rom-coms.
Unfortunately, not many series seem to be as ambitious and most rom-coms tend to settle for cheap thrills for teen girls, but I bet Coffee Prince is an example to be followed and admired by many.

Biozombie

Post by Biozombie » Jul 19th, '11, 17:22

Silverman wrote:YEH is one of my favorite actresses, but i don't think, that she is beautiful. Yes she is cute, but not beautiful. But she has a lot of charisma. Ok if she dolls up, then she is beautiful, but almost every woman on earth is beautiful, if she dolls up.
I disagree, I think she is exceptionally beautiful and looks better with no make up on. But, hey, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Last edited by Biozombie on Jul 19th, '11, 20:56, edited 1 time in total.

el_canuck

Post by el_canuck » Jul 19th, '11, 20:28

Biozombie,
What do you think of YEH in her two later dramas?

Does anyone know who was originally given the part of Go Eun Chan in Coffee Prince before fate stepped in?

Biozombie

Post by Biozombie » Jul 19th, '11, 20:56

el_canuck wrote:Biozombie,
What do you think of YEH in her two later dramas?

Does anyone know who was originally given the part of Go Eun Chan in Coffee Prince before fate stepped in?
Absolutely love her in My Fair Lady. Not seen Lie To Me as it isn't out yet but I will preorder it as soon as it becomes available (funds permitting as they aren't cheap :-) ) Still not watched her first two either yet but am going to start Princess Hours in a bit.

el_canuck

Post by el_canuck » Jul 20th, '11, 02:08

Biozombie,

I bought Coffee Prince when it first came out. Then I discovered D-Addicts and have downloaded all of the rest including Lie to Me. I think it is fun watching YEH grow up. I think she has changed a bit.
Do not forget to see Vineyard Man, it is sometimes forgotten, but not a bad drama either. I have a video of one of the last appearances of Baby-Vox, it is fun watching YEH before Coffee Prince.

I downloaded the MBC awards show for 2007 and was amazed to see Legend win all of the awards except a few that went to Coffee Prince. History has been the real judge as nobody downloads Legend, it is almost forgotten, but Coffee Prince lives on to new viewers every year. I think MBC pushed Legend because they had invested so much money in Legend, but no matter as the better drama, through time, rose to the top.

In Australia they once made a great movie called "The Man from Snowy River". After that movie, Australian movies were categorized as after snowy or before snowy. I feel the same way in KDrama, After Coffee Prince or before Coffee Prince.

Jazzapple

Post by Jazzapple » Jul 20th, '11, 15:14

Myxale wrote:True!
YEH shines because of her natural and charismatic looks.
None of those fake teeth, nose and everything else looks!
AND that gives her looks and charisma a big boost IMO!
Fake teeth?
Pretty logical because she isn't an old grandma of 80 years old. (':