Air City (MBC, 2007)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
mera

Air City (MBC, 2007)

Post by mera » Jun 7th, '07, 21:50

As no one open a discussion about the new korean drama air city ....I decided to open it .....so please feel free to write your opinion about this drama
all comments are WELLCOMED :D

air city is the "choi ji woo "newest drama .....and it is one of the main reasons that I really wanna see it cos I love Ji Woo :cheers:
of course there is two other actors .... but it is the first time for me to see them :wub:
"see the names in the cast below" :wub:
to those who don't know this drama here is :
the poster
Episodes: 20
Genre: Action, Romance
Broadcast network: MBC

Synopsis

Han Do Kyung is a career woman who is working as the regional chief of operation of 5 nations. She speaks five different languages. However, Do Kyung lives with an uneven wound of her family. Kim Ji Sung is a national secret agent who has acute observation and calm judgment capabilities. Kang Ha Joon is the operation situation team leader in the headquarter of Incheon National Airport. He is the manager of the heroine, Do Kyung.

Cast

Choi Ji Woo as Han Do Kyung
Lee Jung Jae as Kim Ji Sung
Lee Jin Wook as Kang Ha Joon
Moon Hee Jung as Seo Myung Woo

Credit to koreandrama .org
happy watching this drama :lol & waiting for your comments

:salut:

Jesette

Post by Jesette » Jun 8th, '07, 13:05

I've missed Choi Ji Woo so much. That is why am looking forward to seeing this new series with her in the lead role. Hope the story line is good.

mera

Post by mera » Jun 12th, '07, 16:18

hello Jesette :salut:
nice to see that there are still someone who love CJW :mrgreen: I am a big fan of her since winter sonata .....I love her innocent face & her childish look especially when she cry :cry:
But this series is a little different ..... I mean she looks like a strong & independent woman not soooo delicate like Yu-jin in WLS
I just saw the first episodes & I think it is a GOOd drama & a DIFFERENT one .... hope you come back later after watching it & tell me your opinion about it :mrgreen:
C Ya :salut:

anhnie

Post by anhnie » Jun 12th, '07, 17:52

o0o..a new drama with Choi Ji Woo! awesome! i miss her..i've been anticipating a new drama with her in it 'cuz i havent really seen anything from her since Stairway to Heaven and I really liked that. Cant wait for the subs to be out so i can watch it! So how is the series so far? seem to have potential? i would love to see in a stronger, more independent role..that'd be a good change from her usual roles.

ap0stat3

Post by ap0stat3 » Jun 13th, '07, 02:09

so far ... kinda upbeat, fast-pace drama ..:-) ... but has the LAX fell about it wonder if they base this drama on that show.

im_too_fast

Post by im_too_fast » Jun 15th, '07, 04:26

Hey guys,

Are the subtitles out ? If so where can I find them?

Thanks a bunch,

mera

Post by mera » Jun 15th, '07, 19:48

Hello .... sorry for the belated reply :wub:
I am happy to know that the new episodes has a good seeders :cheers: that means there are some ppl who still interested in CJW acting
anyway I am trying the episodes now but my internet connection is slow .... But I am still hoping to finish the downloading & enjoy the drama

For those who don't know where to find the episode
use this link :-)
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents ... _RAW&sort=
you will find a list of the all episodes present till now
dear im_too_fast :salut:
for the subtitles ..... they are out for ep (1~ 6)
here is the link to download
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_48869.htm
ENJOY :mrgreen:

im_too_fast

Post by im_too_fast » Jun 17th, '07, 02:29

Hi,

Thank you so much for the link mera!

I tried looking in the subtitle index but I couldn't find it!!

Thanks again

yamamotoyohko

Post by yamamotoyohko » Jun 17th, '07, 04:16

I absolutely love this drama. I've watched the first 6 episodes and I'm anticipating every episode. It's so cool. It's my favorite so far of the Choi Ji Woo TV Series. I like her change of role in this drama.

You could watch the drama at veoh.com uploaded by lyptika.

skyccm

Post by skyccm » Jun 17th, '07, 04:32

I started watching this drama because of LEE Jin-wook.

After I've watched Someday, I fell in love with him... haha...

Anybody who likes LEE Jin-wook? ^^hh

He's always saying, 'Air City is Ji-Woo City' on every TV interview.

He's so funny.. :D

yamamotoyohko

Post by yamamotoyohko » Jun 17th, '07, 07:17

skyccm wrote:I started watching this drama because of LEE Jin-wook.

After I've watched Someday, I fell in love with him... haha...

Anybody who likes LEE Jin-wook? ^^hh

He's always saying, 'Air City is Ji-Woo City' on every TV interview.

He's so funny.. :D
I love him though I only came to know him in this drama. I haven't watched any of his series yet. Currently, I prefer him over the other guy as Choi Ji Woo's partner. He's so cute in his role in the drama.

skyccm

Post by skyccm » Jun 17th, '07, 07:27

yamamotoyohko wrote: I love him though I only came to know him in this drama. I haven't watched any of his series yet. Currently, I prefer him over the other guy as Choi Ji Woo's partner. He's so cute in his role in the drama.
I think so... He's so cute.^_^
He's kind of new actor. He's been just 3 series yet.
Alone in Love, Someday, and Air City.
But it's not been short since he debuted, I guess.
He's been some TV commercials. There's a famous one with Cho In Seong.
But he's not that famous yet. getting famouse in Korea now...^^

yamamotoyohko

Post by yamamotoyohko » Jun 17th, '07, 11:27

skyccm wrote:
yamamotoyohko wrote: I love him though I only came to know him in this drama. I haven't watched any of his series yet. Currently, I prefer him over the other guy as Choi Ji Woo's partner. He's so cute in his role in the drama.
I think so... He's so cute.^_^
He's kind of new actor. He's been just 3 series yet.
Alone in Love, Someday, and Air City.
But it's not been short since he debuted, I guess.
He's been some TV commercials. There's a famous one with Cho In Seong.
But he's not that famous yet. getting famouse in Korea now...^^
Was he a lead in any of his dramas? When I mean lead, what I mean is he's the guy that gets the main girl.

skyccm

Post by skyccm » Jun 17th, '07, 17:34

yamamotoyohko wrote:
Was he a lead in any of his dramas? When I mean lead, what I mean is he's the guy that gets the main girl.
Yes, he was a lead of Someday, and he's leading of Air City now.
In 'Love in alone', he was not that lead character, as far as I know, but not an extra..
^^ It was kind of important, I guess. (But I've never watched 'Love in Alone', so...^^;)

yamamotoyohko

Post by yamamotoyohko » Jun 17th, '07, 22:07

Who do you think Choi Ji Woo is gonna end up with in this drama?

Peggy

AirCity

Post by Peggy » Jun 17th, '07, 22:17

The reason I am watching this drama is LEE JUNG JAE, He is a marvellous actor and it is rare to find him in a drama now. He went to film for awhile. He was with Lee Mi Sook in the great drama 'An Affair' You should watch that. Marvellous.

Also I saw him in 'A Young Man' which was a tour de force for him and made him famous. He was in 'Typhoon' which is playing at odd times on TV cable in California The other lead was Jang Dong Gun. Very dramatic story.

He usually seems to be in dramatic stories lately but he can put on a funny side and also a very sexy dance.

I like him.

Peggy

skyccm

Post by skyccm » Jun 17th, '07, 22:49

yamamotoyohko wrote:Who do you think Choi Ji Woo is gonna end up with in this drama?
If I understood well, I guess it'll be LEE Jeong Jae, isn't it obvious? unfortunately... -_-;

seaweed

Post by seaweed » Jun 28th, '07, 10:08

4 more episodes to go before it ends yet the pace in the relationship development is still slow. I can't wait to see a real development.

The ratings are even dropping. :-(

sp4078

Post by sp4078 » Jun 29th, '07, 02:02

seaweed wrote:4 more episodes to go before it ends yet the pace in the relationship development is still slow. I can't wait to see a real development.

The ratings are even dropping. :-(
Really ?? the ratings are dropping ??

Well, I don't have any interested in watching this drama, since the casts are not attractive enough.....for me. The only thing that make me considered is the OST sung by DBSK. HAHAHa !!

I guess I will wait a little bit more to see ppl's reaction....

belleza

Post by belleza » Jun 29th, '07, 07:44

I've read the low ratings were in part to very viewership over the Net. But, then, they also said that of Goong S, and I just don't think Air City's demographic is anywhere near as young as Goong S.

I've watched about 5-6 episode so far, and I think so far it's pretty class. You have Choi Ji Woo charming he hell out of everybody without having to relapse into old weepie habits, and Sandglass/Typhoon star Lee Jung Jae chewing scenery -- with great skill -- all over the runway. You have two fine actors from Alone in Love. The fight scenes have winks at MMA-style decision making (boxing vs. short kicks vs. grappling), and there's an engaging, varied set of support characters organized into well-defined cliques with their own little stories. I enjoyed being around these people as much as following the main plotlines.

Above all, the show really makes Incheon Airport into an air "city." It's like a city within the city. This could be my favorite professional drama next to Hotelier if it holds up.

seaweed

Post by seaweed » Jul 1st, '07, 02:52

Yeah, I agree with belleza. This drama is really grand and the setting is great. Forget about the ratings 'cause it's really nice

yamamotoyohko

Post by yamamotoyohko » Jul 3rd, '07, 14:23

So far, (I've watched 10 eps), I like the series. There's a right mix of comedy, action, mystery, suspense and romance. More romance will not hurt though.

daisy97

great drama

Post by daisy97 » Jul 4th, '07, 21:15

This drama is great. Not the usual rich boy likes poor girl or rich girl likes poor boy tyoe of storyline. This one has nice mini stories/plots which keeps you in suspense plus the airport looks great and modernised. Very impressive airport to show that Korean technology is at a high standard for sure. All stars are all career people very different from the usual stories.

yamamotoyohko

Post by yamamotoyohko » Jul 5th, '07, 12:06

Yeah... I have to agree that a change of the kind of kdrama you're watching is sort of refreshing. It certainly makes you wanna see the whole series in one sitting since you can't get enough of it.

snowangel414

Post by snowangel414 » Jul 13th, '07, 02:30

this drama is totally different from the other lovie dovie type of dramas. I like it b/c it's different and it's about the security of the airport. I like mini stories of different events though I must say at times it's a bit slow but nevertheless, still thumbs up from me.

sunnydelightxP

Post by sunnydelightxP » Jul 13th, '07, 02:44

it looks good =)

Jesette

Post by Jesette » Jul 18th, '07, 08:05

I haven't started watching "Air City" yet, but am really looking forward to it. Just having two good performers in the series is enough for me to watch it to the end.

asiangirldee

Post by asiangirldee » Jul 19th, '07, 01:04

How long is this drama really? in this forum it says 20 episodes, on the dramawiki page it says 16 eps, on another site it says 60 episodes w/ the first part being 20 eps long... =O which one is it?

yamamotoyohko

Post by yamamotoyohko » Jul 20th, '07, 16:30

I think it's sixteen. It's already finished.

asiangirldee

Post by asiangirldee » Jul 20th, '07, 19:55

the ending is not the usual korean drama kind haha

thats good =D it was an awesome drama
i was hoping for han do kyung and kim ji sung to end up together happily =[ o well. at least the ending was not the predictable kind =D

Kahska

Post by Kahska » May 13th, '08, 02:47

Hello :)

I don't know if it is the right place to ask this, sorry if It's not ^^
the torrents of this drama need seeds, Im stuck since 1 week, any help welcome ^^

maakopla

Post by maakopla » May 21st, '08, 19:36

It's a totally wrong place...

I started wtaching this drama recently. Only see 2 episodes but something really bothers me. Everything is happening in one place. The idea itself sounds interesting and its cool to see what happens at a big airport. But it just bothers me that everything happens in the same airport. Like every criminal goes there... Maybe it will be more interesting later.

I very much like the cast. Actually picked this drama because Lee Jin Wook was in it. I think he is a great actor. Lee Jung Jae is good too. When I saw him first time I noticed that he can express a lot with only hsi eyes. I don't like Choi Ji Woo. Something about her looks bothers me and her acting doesn't impress. I also saw ol good Kwon Hae Hyo, Jang Yong and Choi Ran. I like them all very much^^

Looking forward to next episodes.