Details
Title: 카인과 아벨 / Cain and Abel
Episodes: 18
Genre: Romance, Action
Broadcast network: SBS
Broadcast period: 2008-Feb-11 to 2008
Air time: Mondays & Tuesdays 9:55 PM

Synopsis
This drama is about the tragic story of two brothers who were separated in their youth, but are later reunited. One is a powerful detective while the other one is a misfortunate killer. They grew up in different environments. So Ji Sup portrays the younger brother, Jin, who grew up in the U.S. and was raised by the Mafia. Ji Jin Hee is Yoo Hyun, the older brother, who is a warm and humane detective who lives his life searching for the brother who was adopted abroad. Both brothers fall for Jung Ryu Won, who is torn between the two.

Cast
So Ji Sup (MiSa) as Jin
Ji Jin Hee (Dae Jang Geum) as Yoo Hyun
Jung Ryu Won (MNIKSS) as Suzi

Extended Cast
Lee Seok Joon as Tae Sung

Notes
The production cost of this drama is 6 billion won (around $6.5 million).
One of the shooting sites for this drama is San Francisco.
The filming is scheduled to start near the end of May.
Story based on Forever MV ft. Jang Dong Gun & Cha In Pyo.

Production Credits
PD: Choi Ho Sung (Hotelier)
Script writer: Kim Young Chan (Marrying the Mafia trilogy)
-----------------------------------------

Oh boy.
I don't know if I'll be able to wait until 2008.

Feel free to post any news, comments, or questions!

guccijana

Post by guccijana » Jul 6th, '07, 14:48

woooooooow, im sooo excited to see this.. I cant wait till it comes out.. especially since i like ALLL of so ji sub's dramas... :cheers:

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Jul 6th, '07, 15:57

I like the cast, but the story.....urgh....siblings separated, re-unite, one is a nice guy, the other is baddie, both fall for the same girl. Well I guess it doesn't sound too bad since one of them is a killer and I've always wanted to see JRW in a serious drama so I guess I'll probably see it anyway :)

Bam-Bam

Post by Bam-Bam » Jul 7th, '07, 20:06

Nice to see So Ji Sup come back from the stint in army.

Interesting idea with All-Star cast. Looking forward to it.

beertax

Post by beertax » Jul 8th, '07, 16:49

kobe23 wrote:I like the cast, but the story.....urgh....siblings separated, re-unite, one is a nice guy, the other is baddie, both fall for the same girl. Well I guess it doesn't sound too bad since one of them is a killer and I've always wanted to see JRW in a serious drama so I guess I'll probably see it anyway :)
I agree 100% about the story.

Btw JRW did an excellent job as a serious dramatic actress in 'Fall Rain - Shower" which aired a couple years ago. Light years different from "What Star Are you From."

Fin_gurly

Post by Fin_gurly » Jul 8th, '07, 16:52

wooow..i can't wait... :D

vicente

Post by vicente » Aug 3rd, '07, 06:09

Update news Cain and Abel start to film on September , Not a long time see Jisub again.

:cheers: :wub:

krnkiller

Post by krnkiller » Jan 25th, '08, 08:29

Two of my most favorite actors in the same drama?!!? LOVE THEM BOTH <3

Never liked the actress...but 2 against 1? This one's gonna be a must watch..bad plot or not, for the acting at least!

belleza

Post by belleza » Jan 25th, '08, 12:23

Unfortunately, this project is on hiatus and may be cancelled. Bleh. No So Ji Sub for 2008? :(

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Jan 26th, '08, 12:03

Actor Ji Jin Hee has pulled out as may Jung Ryeo Won, but I think So Ji Sup still remains! Apparently the filming has just been pushed back a few months.

episode

Post by episode » Feb 19th, '08, 06:15

Is this start aired ??!
ty

tsurashi313

Post by tsurashi313 » Feb 19th, '08, 06:31

^No the drama is nowhere near airing. It may air in April but who knows what is going to happen. :-(

I hope Jung Ryeo Won doesn't pull out. She's my favorite Korean actress. I'm glad that So Ji Sup is still doing this drama. I will probably return my Korean drama watching with this drama and Illjimae. :D

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Feb 19th, '08, 11:27

I really hope JRW doesn't pull out either, since she's pretty much the only reason I would want to watch this. I kinda miss her character from MNIKSS.

belleza

Post by belleza » Feb 19th, '08, 13:20

After hearing that Song Seung Hun is going to do East of Eden, I've lost a lot of enthusiasm for Cain and Abel. The fact you have that, Illjmae, and maybe another Kwong Sang Woo series coming out at the same time . . . I don't know, is it worth watching a show that's based on a music video that everybody's already seen? I mean, don't we know how it all ends anyway?

That said, I'd like to see JRW in a role where she bridges West and East, such as this. I think her biggest appeal (besides her ability to cry until hyperventilation, admirable that . . . and make Daniel Henney feel like a real actor yayyy!!!) is that she really shows how people can change between different cultures, or in different social circles. Even the way you feel kinda changes when you express it in a different language.

episode

Post by episode » Feb 22nd, '08, 15:03

sad :(

maakopla

Post by maakopla » Feb 26th, '08, 09:16

I'm looking forward to this drama cuz of Soo Ji Sup. Why is the picture of Soo movie there? Indeed the story seems a bit similar but I sure hope it's not cuz the movie was extremely um, hmmm, extremely disgusting and stuff.

I love mafia-police things so I'm eagerly waiting. Hope So Ji Sup's character doesn't hafta die in teh series.

didiellza

Post by didiellza » Feb 26th, '08, 09:38

Even though the storyline isn't something new, but still I am goint to watch it only because of Jo Si Sub. :wub:
maakopla wrote: Hope So Ji Sup's character doesn't hafta die in teh series.

Yeah hope that too!! :unsure:

F4

Post by F4 » May 3rd, '08, 11:39

OMG

I love So Ji Sup :wub: i am sure the drama is outstanding...

I've finished watching Sorry i love you not long time ago... I've fallen for him

he is a talented, hot, handsome actor…*Love sight*

Thanks for the info :salut: if some1 have watched it plz give us some feedback

Hanjae
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Hanjae » May 3rd, '08, 14:42

^The drama hasn't aired yet. It's currently set to air around August, but don't quote me on it because this drama's been delayed half a dozen times already and probably will, yet again.

arabian

Post by arabian » Jun 28th, '08, 08:30

So Ji-sub returns after 4 years

Can you believe it? "Sorry, I Love You" was four years ago and we haven't seen him in a drama since!

Now So Ji-sub is coming back on the television through "Abel and Cain" replacing kwon Sang-woo and Ko Hyeon-jeong's drama "Daemool".

After some complications with releasing the drama "Daemool" for this November, it has come to the decision that SBS will have the new drama "Abel and Cain" aired this winter.

"Abel and Cain" itself had much struggles throughout its production; writer changes and title change from "Cain And Abel". Even through these changes our hot actor, So Ji-sub's return has been the topic since his serving Korea in the military for two years.

The new drama's writer Park Kye-Ok, wrote well-known dramas such as "Biscuit Teacher And Star Candy" starring Gong-yoo and Kong Hyo-jin, "Invisible Man" starring Yoo Oh-seong and Chae Si-ra, and "Innocent Steps" starring Moon Geun-young. The storyline and character portrayal is much anticipated for this drama.

Some say that the title will change again and the starring actors and actresses will be finalized once again. However, what's for sure is that the filming will start this August with So Ji-sub!

credit to Kdramafanusa..
I can't wait more to watch the drama it's been a long time since they announced about it & they keep delaying hopefully this time they'll begin filming..I really miss Ji Sup :lol

arabian

Post by arabian » Jul 1st, '08, 10:53

There is some news they'll cancel the drama & replace it with other drama (Dr.Stop) also starring So Ji Sup .. :-)

belleza

Post by belleza » Jul 1st, '08, 11:22

I kinda hope they finally shut down Cain and Abel. The drama, with its high production budget and location shoots, was apparently a logistical/production nightmare. SJS is doing a movie right now, so it's unlikely that they could have started shooting until late summer or early fall. Also, he's playing a gangster in his movie, it would be nice to see him play something else.

But you gotta give credit to him -- he stood by the project and apparently for his loyalty, they're going to produce a different show for him. I guess, a medical drama?

hacksign

Post by hacksign » Jul 1st, '08, 11:56

For serious? That's kinda disappointing. Though with the constant push-backs I've lost some of my initial eagerness for the drama, I still kinda wanted to watch it for the storyline. The character especially seemed to fit So Ji Sup's image... sigh, I guess it's just too bad.

fizzlex3mh

Post by fizzlex3mh » Jul 2nd, '08, 14:29

Yup, dahee's confirmed it. SJS has been cast in Dr. Stop and Cain and Abel is no more. YAY. I just hope Jung Ryeo Won is still in.

belleza

Post by belleza » Jul 2nd, '08, 20:39

I actually thought neither Jung Ryeo Won nor Ji Jin Hee were attached to the project anymore. Wow, it's been so long since JRW has done a drama. Last time we saw here, she was puking, killing herself (and looking absolutely fabulous doing both!) in Epik High's One.

More news here:

http://www.dramabeans.com/2008/07/cain- ... ctor-stop/

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Jul 6th, '08, 15:27

belleza wrote: Wow, it's been so long since JRW has done a drama.
Long? It's been a little over two years since she did Which Star Are You From? That's not long at all! Long is like....waiting 4+ years for SHK's new drama, or potentially 5+ years for Kim Tae Hee's unannounced drama (or will she continue CF-whoring?). But the mother of all long-waits-for-new-drama goes to Won Bin: 8 years and counting!

But I know what you mean though. Most people associate JRW with her role as Hee-Jin in MNIKSS, and that was quite a while ago. I kinda miss her and I hope she will have some English lines in her next drama too :)

belleza

Post by belleza » Jul 7th, '08, 20:23

Long is like....waiting 4+ years for SHK's new drama, or potentially 5+ years for Kim Tae Hee's unannounced drama (or will she continue CF-whoring?).
I'm indifferent to her, I guess. I think what bothers me about Kim Tae Hee's career is that she doesn't really have the drama/"hit show" experience/resume to justify being a film-only actress, let alone one doing serious film work. Plus she's already 28 years old (older than Gong Hyo Jin and Soo Ae), meaning it would also be difficult for her to be cast in Cinderella/girl-next-door parts that more befit her commercial youthful image.

Speaking of Wong Bin, I kinda like how the military affects K-drama. Out with the old, in with the new! :lol

Pnoy11

Post by Pnoy11 » Oct 18th, '08, 20:49

I hope this airs soon!

st_heaven

Post by st_heaven » May 23rd, '09, 05:37

Say, this drama was good, and beyond my expectations. SJS's acting was tremendous!!
Attachments
800px-Cain_and_abel.jpg
800px-Cain_and_abel.jpg (105.58 KiB) Viewed 2701 times

aimlesswanderer

Post by aimlesswanderer » May 25th, '09, 14:04

It was ok, perhaps a bit long, and
Near the end, Cho In was stupid when he didn't send Young Ji away overseas for a month long holiday. He knew what kind of desperate measures they were willing to take, so sending her away would have been most sensible. But then, plotwise, she wouldn't be available to get kidnapped and threatened...
There was definitely not enough Han Ji Min.

dody

Post by dody » Jun 26th, '09, 13:34

I didn't watch this drama , but I think it's a great one
So Ji Sub is a very nice actor